(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ponzie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3457 5 years ago

Went back several pages in this post and couldn’t see if someone already indicated the best flashers to hook the Orion’s Belt up to in a Stern Star Wars machine?
I got my invisi-shields and my Orion’s Belt today and are looking to hook them up tomorrow under the pinstadiums in my SW machine... Any advice?

Thanks!

#3468 5 years ago

Thanks for the info Scott.
So I did the install on my SW Premium machine.
A few of the flashers were not super easy hookups with posts (the flashers on posts for the Tie Fighter for example), so I hooked the 4 clips to the left side flasher, the spinner, the pops and the millennium falcon.

I was able to program the colours using the app and in the machine’s service mode. The Orion’s Belt works perfectly when I’m testing it in the machine’s service mode...

But when I start a game with glass off and throw a ball in the pops or through the spinner, I don’t get any effect like in the test...

Am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, I’ve got the PinStadium hooked up to the right eject flasher and it works beautifully...

Appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Steve

Quoted from pinstadium:

You will be one of the first to install them, however the best thing to do is to lookup the manual from the Stern website or IPDB for other machines and find the “Light Reference” section that shows the flashers. Also even easier is just going to the flashers in the Settings of the machine. This is what I do and it gives you an immediate visual and location reference for your plan of attack. Also keep in mind you can trigger from any 4v-24v source (not on a switch matrix). So inlay bulbs, shaker motor etc. Be sure to check your manual if you are unsure of the voltage.
Here’s is the Star Wars manual:
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star/pro
I have highlighted in purple. Let me me know if you have any questions I’m here to help.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3474 5 years ago

Thanks Scott.
I think you may be right...
I had one of the connectors into the Millenium Falcon but I realize now that light stays on pretty much through the entire game.
I appreciate the advice on the harder places to tap into the flashers.
I’ll give that a try on some of the other flashers and will let you know.

I can see how the effect will be pretty awesome when it gets going!

As you said, trial and error with something new...

Thanks again!
Steve

Quoted from pinstadium:

When the flashers bulb terminals are not easily accessible then you can use the wire taps to connect to them. You will need to just trace the flasher wire down to the connector and then pressure fit those into that connector. There are two methods that you can use.
1. You can open that flasher connector up and then bend the end of the wire tap at a right angle then insert it in the female side of the connector (pic attached)
2. Or for connectors where this is not possible, you can pressures fot the wire tap from behind where the wire goes in. Find the side that is the tightest (smallest gap between wire and connector housing) and then pull that factory wire away from the housing. Next you will pressure for the wire tap in there.
Next bend the opposing end of the wire tap all the way over on top of the black barrel that it comes out of like in the attached example. This gives you enough girth to securely clip the alligators to that.
——
Next regarding the flasher behavior on Star Wars. My intitiak guess is that you have it connector to a bulb/spotlight that is on all the time and that is overriding the Orion’s Belts. They are designed to flash in sequence once the first event trigger finishes then it goes to the next.
So if it is connected to something that is on all the time or stays on during those flasher moments then it will not allow the others to trigger.
I would try moving taking one connection off at a time and see which one it is. Then once you find the offending one you can move it to another. If you are having troubles feel free to let me know what flashers you are triggering off of (based upon the pic above in the previous post) and I can look at my SW to help recommend a location.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#3499 5 years ago

So I got it all fixed up on my Star Wars machine and it really ups the game with the light effects...
The spinner is a must...
I moved one connection from the Millennium Falcon (that kept the OB lights on solid blue) to the left Tie Fighter flasher.
Now when there is Tie Fighter multiball it makes the play field go wild.
I tapped into the flasher and it seems to go off for the left Death Star flasher as well. (No big deal, still looks great)
Put the other two connections on the left play field flasher and the pops at the back of the play field. (My main Pin Stadiums are hooked up to the launcher/right play field flasher so now there’s some “balance”...lol)

So far it looks great!

Not sure how to embed video or I would upload!
The end game sequence is cool...

Quoted from pinstadium:

Also I recommend to start with using the primary colors in the colors wheel for the brightest and most impact. Red, Green Blue, and White.
Of course you can dial the flashers into any color you would like if course such as let’s say turquoise (lights blue with some green) and it will be that color but less bold and intense as a solid. Remember to you can mix white in also etc.
Also the White (stand alone) is a POWERFUL vivid diamond white that is a great “go to” when you are trying to decide the best color for a particular flasher. It’s safe and effective.
Overtime as we collectively figure out the best locations and colors for each specific game it’s going to be awesome!!
I mean it will look excellent just hooking them up with the factory default colors (Red, Green, Blue, and White), but you will find that some colors or trigger locations won’t look as good for a certain game. You may end up having 2 of the 4 triggers Red, and the others Blue and White. Or 2 of them white and one Green and the other Red etc. This is the beauty of using the color wheel on the Pin Stadium app to adjust the colors.
This is where the portal link for the website, I plan to post up shortly will be very helpful for us all to post our settings, locations, pics, and notes for both Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt.
Once you get them dialed in, will be VERY impressive.

#3514 5 years ago

Here’s a video of my SW Premium at the end game sequence...
Gives a good idea on how the Orion’s Belt enhances the lighting in the game that much more.
Already had a set of Pin Stadiums installed (with the UV Flasher option).

Pretty freaking awesome... thinking of doing the same thing for my Star Trek Pro machine next!

Quoted from pinstadium:

I believe you are one of the first to install Orion’s Belt on SW, congratulations!!
I’m glad that you were able to find the best locations for the flashers. Star Wars has many options for sure and I can only imagine what it looks like on that machine. Very exciting....
You are correct, if you attach one of the Orion’s Belt triggers onto a bulb that stays on (like a GIj it will override the other triggers, making it will think that it is constantly going. The code on Orion’s is design to prooerly sequence, and it will be waiting for that to finish.
This is the perfect time to great mention this tip. If you experience this, just be sure to check your trigger points and move it to a flasher. That will resolve it right away. Thanks for mentioning this as this will help others with their install.
We would all love to see that light show. What you will need to do is capture a video on your phone and then post it up on YouTube. Then paste the link into your post here and it will embed it so we can all watch it.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#3645 5 years ago

Would be super interested in this when you do the run.
Want to outfit my Stern ST with one!!

Love the work Scott!

Steve

Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes it’s the best of both worlds, you get Pin Stadium GI, the popular UV+Glow, and now full color changing flashers from Orion’s Belt in one slim profile factory look stealth system. It’s also much more cost effective than buying both Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt separately. I’m going to do a small initial run of them very very soon. More details to come on Fusion.

#3660 5 years ago

Ordered for my Stern Star Trek Pro.

Love both the PinStadium and Orion’s Belt on my Star Wars machine... I’ve seen a few photos with it on ST...

Can’t wait!

Thanks Scott

Quoted from pinstadium:

Great news guys! After a lot of hard work and redesigning, Pin Stadium Fusion is finally here and officially in production as of today!
They are going to go fast, so if you are interested I would suggest getting your order in as soon as you can.  This initial run is limited to the first 30 customers, as I am regulating this due to current high production volume at the Pin Stadium factory with normal orders coming in. This is so I can keep up and deliver all products in a timely fashion.
Pin Stadium Fusion combines the following:
Pin Stadium WiFi GI Lighting System
UV+Glow Flasher
Orion's Belt: Multi Colored WiFi Flasher System
Pricing: $399.95
This means you get UV+Glow and Invisi-Shield for Free, and $60 off Orion's Belt which is a total savings of $140.  This is an "All In One" solution with that ever popular stealth factory appearance. Delivery time is 4 weeks or less.
Thank you again everyone for your continued support and I feel confident that you will be extremely pleased with the results after installing them in your machine. After all this is your creation based upon customer feedback and input! Get ready for an amazing light show that will knock your socks off guaranteed!
Here is the link to order: https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-fusion/
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: [email protected]
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]

1 month later
#3857 5 years ago

MSG me if you need help figuring out where you want to install your Orion’s Belt... I tried a few spots and while it’s your personal preference, I’m loving the effect on the spinner, the red Tie Fighter and the pop bumpers for sure.
Stay away from the Millenium Falcon since that flasher stays on a lot and overrides the Orion’s Belt keeping the LEDs on (something I learned playing with it...)

Just got my FUSION set in the mail on Friday and about to install it in my Star Trek Pro... Just looking through the board for the best spots to do an install with the different flashers!
If there are any recommendations, let me know!

Can’t wait to fire them up!
(May have to get another set for a Hobbit I have joining the collection soon... )

Thanks!
Ponzie

Quoted from pinstadium:

The post office does do this sometimes and it goes in limbo for generally 48-72 hours then it “magically” appears on your doorstep. I’m sorry this occurred and it would have been faster for me to just drive it to you lol!!
When the Pin Stadium Fusion arrives you can go by the @ponzie post for his Orion’s Belt install on his Star Wars;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/70#post-4715930
I hope this helps. Very excited for you to install these, you may be the first if the post office gets in gear!![quoted image]

3 months later
#4570 4 years ago

Hovers ordered.

Had that issue described a few pages back with the Magna Mounts coming off the Pinblade decals on the inside of the cabinet.
Rather than getting new magna mounts, just decided to get the Hovers.

Star Trek is such a popular machine for the PinStadiums/Fusions, I am assuming it’ll be easy to figure out where to mount the Hovers.

Looking forward to getting them all hooked up!

1 year later
#6540 3 years ago

Was hoping/waiting for this!!

Order placed for a JP Premium that will likely arrive in "Juvember"...

1 month later
#6653 3 years ago

For those looking to hook up some NEO Fusions to a JP machine, this is what I found worked best after some experimenting:

1. UV/Glow Hooked up to Shaker Motor
2. 171 Spinner Flasher (Set it to Orange/Yellow)
3. 160 Escape Flasher (Set to Red to go with the Escape inserts)
4. 163 Raptor Pit Flasher (Set to Green - for now but may play with the colour)
5. 161 Raptor Pit Enter Flashers (The two lightning bolt flashers...took a while to find the right connections to tap into but figured it out after some trial and error. Set it to Blue)

I originally tapped into the left half pipe spotlight flasher but it was on solidly so much to light the t-rex during gameplay that it took away from the Orion Belt working/flashing dynamically.

Anyway, thought this may help someone else looking to hook up a JP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ponzie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=ponzie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.