(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1343 6 years ago

I finally started installing kits this weekend and started with my ruby red WOZ. I have the 2.0 light boards so things are a little different than some others on where to grab the flasher/glow effect.
There's a single connector under the witch that has controls both the red LED flasher on the witch and the white LED which stays on constant while the witch is up. I decided for now to connect it to the white LED so it glows rather than flashes, but it's easy to grab either pin. Here are a couple pictures for reference.
I'm still experimenting with where to grab a signal that'll go out when in lights out mode or just after you lock a ball and it goes dark. On the 2.0 system every LED has a four pin connection which is ground, then power for the R, G, and B LEDs in the module, so if you tie to one it'll flash as the colors rotate. If anyone has a spot on a 2.0 please attach a picture, but I'll find one eventually and post when I do.
All that said, I'm incredibly happy with the system. I have the settings quite mild with the brightness at ~20% for now, but it is amazing the difference the uniform lighting makes in playability. I can't wait to get them installed on the rest of my pins.

IMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Minor correction on the wiring for the RGB LEDS. There is one power wire and separate grounds which are switched (not that it makes any difference to the pin stadium connection).

1 month later
#1577 6 years ago

I had a very productive day and finally got 11 sets installed in machines. I just have to reiterate how awesome the Pinstadium configuration is. With separate sliders for the GI RGB LEDs and warm white LEDs, older machines that I prefer to have the incandescent feel even with LED lighting still have that nostalgic look while games I prefer a whiter or colored GI light also look great.

I was able to get the install time (including Gameblades / Pinblades) down to ~30 minutes a set by the end of the day so hopefully I can get quite a few more installed tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting them on RFM/SWE1 and finally being able to see the playfield! Others have stated this, but my wife's first game on T2 after the install was her best game ever likely due to the massively increased visibility.

Once I get them all installed I'll post more pictures, but there is no way to really capture the experience with a camera. The limitations of a fixed camera aperture/exposure versus the human eye makes it really hard, but I'd recommend the Pinstadiums as a first upgrade on any machine.

IMG_6009 (resized).JPGIMG_6009 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I literally don’t want to leave anybody in the dark

Anyone else find this rather ironic Love the pinstadiums, but it looks like I need to order a ton of these invisi-shields! Great continued improvement!

1 week later
#1739 6 years ago

“expo18” worked for me a couple hours ago, but I forgot a couple sets so I’ll try again in a bit...

6 months later
#2779 5 years ago

I couldn't find any pictures of the actual hardware being sold. How do these install with pinstadiums or are these a replacement? There's just not enough real detail on what the product is between all the pretty pictures of cartoons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=pball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.