(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,199 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpg
lax243_pinball_led_mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6379 3 years ago

Just ordered my first Pin Stadium product for my Dialed In SE. Had an incredibly informative chat live and all my questions were answered along with a matrix provided that showed all the differences. The website does a fantastic job of explaining as well, but needed a little more clarification because I'm a little challenged these days when it comes to comprehension. Recommendations were made and I was headed towards the correct choice for my first install. It felt great to know that I was being treated individually and helped to make the correct purchase for this machine. I could have easily went overboard but thankful I asked to chat instead. I can't think of another time in recent memory that this type of customer service was provided.
I didn't wake up this morning looking to buy pin stadium or any other mod for my games but I stumbled on some links and then to the site and then to the chat and made what I believe to be an informed purchase with zero pressure from the company or any type of upsell hype.
Thank you again pinstadium

3 weeks later
#6424 3 years ago

Installed my Neo Pin Stadiums on my Dialed In Standard. They do a very good job of navigating some challenging obstacles so I chose Neo Pins Stadiums over the original pin stadiums. Personal Choice. The White Subway and Bob sign on the left side are pretty tall and the drones are also a slight baffle on the right. I had the uv/glow flasher hooked up to the electricity phone charger guy initially but changed it to the shaker motor to see what that looked like. The electrical guy hookup is a much more dynamic result when you hit him as the pulse is extremely noticeable strobe effect. The shaker motor hookup is more of a consistent pulsing brightness that really lights up the playfield when the shaker is triggered. I may go back to the electrical guy on this one for the immediate impact. My ideal set up would be to tap both of them but that would require a diode to control the current flow. Purchasing the ultimate Neo Fusions there's a good possibility of not using their full potential so a single additional tap would be the desired solution. I would be happy to pay Scott for a professional additional tap with diode type mod for an economical solution.
Incredibly easy to install if you just take your time and follow install directions on pinstadium site. Cary Hardy also has some very good videos on some installs as well.
Here are some pictures of the wiring. GI and Flasher taps for my Dialed In.
GI:
20201004_091716 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_091716 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_091519 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_091519 (Medium) (resized).jpg

Charger guy uv/glow flasher:
20201004_091331 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_091331 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_090854 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_090854 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_090939 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_090939 (Medium) (resized).jpg

Shaker uv/glow flasher:
20201004_092025 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_092025 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_092343 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_092343 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_092606 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_092606 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201004_092734 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201004_092734 (Medium) (resized).jpg

r/

#6425 3 years ago

Here's some very short videos. Dialed In Neo Pin Stadiums.
There a bunch more things you can change on the app but just wanted to show a quick overview.
I'm extremely happy with this mod because it really changes the feel/experience of the game.

NEO OFF:

NEO Cool White:

NEO Warm White:

NEO 7 Color Cross Fade:

NEO 7 Color Jumping Change:

r/

1 month later
#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:Do these ever go on sale or are there ever deals for first time buyers of pin stadiums?

Scott just had a big one so yes to your question.

Also, the popular youtube video guys that do reviews and stuff sometimes you can get a promo from their channels.

2 weeks later
#6555 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Gracias. What is the difference between Fusion and Neo-Fusion?

I kept getting these mixed up in my head as well at first. It's NEO Fusion and NEO Pin Stadiums. The difference between Neo Fusion and Neo Pin Stadiums from Scott's site is ...
What is the difference between the models?
Pin Stadium– Provides WiFi app controllable vivid GI Illumination and adds dramatics effects with UV+Glow Flasher
NEO Pin Stadium Same features as the Pin Stadiums + 2x BrighterRGB/Colored GI and BLUR Photon Merger(colored RGB diffused lights)
NEO Fusion Same features as the Neo Pin Stadiums + Wifi controllable flasher system with 4x flashers embedded into the light bars. Basically the top of the line ultimate light show All-In-One product!

r/
Mike

1 month later
#6647 3 years ago

Scott,
Do you know if anyone has already done the work(fusions) on the F-14 Tomcat. I'm feeling lazy. I'm still waiting for some side art blades so no hurry.
I know there are many flashers in the game but most come on at the same time. In my mind that makes it difficult to separate triggers cause they are the same trigger?? I was hoping to do a ball lock and multiball release as 2 different colors etc.... but they seem to use the same flasher sequence when locking balls. I'm probably overthinking this but my comprehension level is suspect lately.
Just wondering if you have any intel on an install by one of your customers with pics.
It's over the top as it is so I'm guessing I may be the only one willing to take this game to the extreme with fusions.
...and i'm perfectly ok with that.
Thanks
r/
Mike

#6649 3 years ago

Scott,
Thanks for the help as always. I'll digest this over a few days watching the video, studying your suggestions and playing my game. I have some ideas and this helps a great deal.
I will document it at some level to provide feedback for your database.
Thanks again for taking your time to study that video and also for your considerate response. Gets me going in the right direction.
r/
Mike

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

My Pinstadium Fusions are warming up my Art Blades and causing them to peel down. I think I installed the Pinstadiums to close to the top or glass. This leads me to 2 questions:
Is there a way to safely remove the magnetic strips from my art blades, so I can move the strip lower and not have peeling?
Also, if I’m selling a game, but want to keep my Pinstadiums, should I leave the magnet strip in the game and buy a new one? If I try to remove it, will it take the cabinet paint off?

Disclaimer: I don't work for 3m.
I'll add to the magnetic strips portion. Whenever you remove or adjust adhesive it's compromised to some extent. If I'm keeping them I'm buying a new strip. As to the removal. A hair dryer on low heat and slow and smooth will easily release them from your blade or cabinet. The heat will allow the adhesive to stick to the mount and not the cabinet in most cases. You may have a tiny bit of cleanup. If your game is older and the cabinet is painted or weathered pretty good there is a chance a little paint is gonna come off in the removal process. There is little you can do to stop that short of freezing the adhesive. Like I said some warmish heat and slow is the trick for most applications.
The heat will also preserve the adhesive somewhat if you do in fact feel you need to move them down. But that's a chance i'm not taking.
I'm getting a new strip or i'm reapplying adhesive to the mount somehow.

Also, not to pile on but when I first read your post the first thing that came to my mind was the art blades were the culprit by either not being prepped correctly prior to installation or something interfering with the initial adhesion install with regard to the art blade itself(moisture with some sort of oily substance, grease, temp, dirt). I'm not saying it's anyone's fault but I am saying that's most likely the issue in my experience. Without seeing the actual pattern of what is peeling that's all I can offer. But in my mind if the magnets on the back of the pinstadiums aren't falling off at the same time there shouldn't be enough heat produced to peel the art blades from your cabinet. I'm not there so I can only shoot from the hip here with my personal experiences with Navy life, building cars back in the day, working at a body shop for a bit, etc... Prep is always key.

I've installed more than 1 set of art blades and I have 4 sets of pinstadiums as well. So there is some first hand experience I'm throwing in.

I hope you get it sorted. It's never any fun chasing an issue.

r/
Mike

#6660 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thank you for the information guys. My game is pretty new, so I don't think it's that dirty. However, one thing I didn't think about was currying time for the art blades. I installed the art blades and then installed the Pinstadiums an hour later. This might be the reason one side of my art blades are peeling down. I will try the 2 sided tape.
I thought that I mounted the Pinstadium Fusions to high or they were producing to much heat and melting the glue off the art blades. I didn't realize there was currying time for the are blades.

Question. Are your art blades the vinyl or the metal like mirror blade type. If normal vinyl I would not suggest any thick 2 sided tape if you're looking to add some adhesive to the top of your art blades between cabinet and the vinyl. I would be adding very thin 2 sided tape. I use this pictured below. I think the tape Scott suggested would be better suited for mirror blades because they are less flexible than vinyl is. Thicker tape would provide a more secure mount when installing less flexible material such as metal art blades. Vinyl is very pliable and thinner, high quality, 2 sided tape is sufficient in my opinion.
Scott can clarify and correct me if I'm way off here.
As for installing it and adding the tape itself. I'd be carefully cleaning the portion of the cabinet I want it to stick to and carefully putting the tape where I want it on the cabinet side first and then when I'm ready peeling the show side protective cover off tape and sticking the vinyl to the tape.
The only caveat to this is if your art blade has noticeable debri on the sticky side and or visible dirt then I might be tempted to go with the thicker tape to fill the valleys created by said dirt or debri. Highly unlikely this is the case but I'm trying to cover every base here.
Screenshot_20210108-184354 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210108-184354 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballz_:

I recently acquired a TZ and modded quite a bit (not the kitchen sink tho..) and did the Pinstadiums last. Had some support questions and Pin Stadium / someone named Scott was instant on reply it was great. Install wasn't as intimidating as i thought it was gonna be too.
So? Wow. From the first time it connects via wi fi - and I'm looking at the multi color light show - i knew it instantly we have a winner here. My landlord (who hasnt played a pin in 20 years) commented initially how dark the game was and even when he saw the lights was like wow thats amazing. Pictures don't do it justice - need to see it in person. Also, i feel like i got exactly what i paid for - its a good value (damn it feels good when you know your werent gypped!)
My only dilemma is haven't decided on the best light combination to use, they all look great (except for green on a TZ - no good).

Scott is awesome! Not too often the owner is literally in the next room anytime you have an issue. I'm not even kidding! Scott's response time is guinness book worthy.
I have just as much fun playing with the app and adjusting the lights. If you happened to get the NEOS they have another little secret door on the app to unlock. It's explained here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/134#post-6066100

r/
Mike

4 weeks later
#6716 3 years ago

you da man!

2 months later
#6797 2 years ago

4 months later
#7014 2 years ago

Scott,
I have a future build Houdini coming and I have a set of Neos I'm gonna install on it. Is the Shaker motor connection in this picture the only connector for the Shaker motor that you know of?
Also, I'm a fan of those new mounts you did for that guns n roses pinball.
Looking forward to those coming out for Houdini, Wonka, Wizard of Oz.
Is there a konekt adaptor scenario available for WOZ, Wonka or Houdini. I don't know if it's that game specific but I have a set of Neos and Fusions in the tube still I bought over a year ago. Wondering if I should purchase these konect systems or just install like I always have.
Glad to see your still churning em out and staying busy.
r/
Mike

Screenshot_20210906-164353_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210906-164353_Chrome (resized).jpg
9 months later
#7485 1 year ago

Scott,
I have the older Neos and Neo Fusion I bought some time ago while still in Boston. I just pulled the Neos (I think) out of the tube for the first time and don't recognize the connectors from what I had installed previously on my Dialed In. Can you help. The video that Cary has on the installation for his TMNT isn't the same connectors.
I need to put them on my Houdini and I'm lost.
Attached a pic of connector.
Thanks.
r/
Mike
20220701_185346 (resized).jpg20220701_185346 (resized).jpg

updating as I muddle through this. I assume the blue/white connector that turns into black red alligator clips is the gi lights? see picture.

20220701_193951 (resized).jpg20220701_193951 (resized).jpg20220701_194024 (resized).jpg20220701_194024 (resized).jpg
#7486 1 year ago

continuing from previous post. I have no idea where this is supposed to plug in. the molex that is on the end of this red/green to adaptor to blue white black molex has no mate that the shaker would plug in. pics attached.

20220701_194429 (resized).jpg20220701_194429 (resized).jpg

20220701_194947 (resized).jpg20220701_194947 (resized).jpg
#7487 1 year ago

I ended up removing the whole adaptor plug scenario and just used the little wires with pins. I'm a little disappointed cause I was hoping it was gonna be a quick plug and play for the Shaker.
I'd still like clarity on what that whole contraption is for. It doesn't appear to be for a Houdini.
r/
Mike

20220701_203806 (resized).jpg20220701_203806 (resized).jpg
#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I will contact you through email or get on the phone with you to help you as it would be better and faster to help you that way. I’ll be in touch.

Great customer service as always. Thanks Scott for the lightning fast reply.
r/
Mike

1 month later
#7542 1 year ago

Good guy alert! This is a Scott (Pinstadium) appreciation post in multiple parts.
I had an issue with my Neos in early July that I had bought some time ago but never opened. Scott was kind enough to let me send them back and he repaired them at no charge. Along the way back after the repair they traveled all over the United States because I had moved since ordering them. Once again, Scott tracked them down and had them returned to him and then sent them out to my new address basically overnight.
I put them on my Houdini and had an immediate challenge getting them to work with my home internet and phone etc...
Scott literally spent his Saturday evening emailing me back and forth in real time non stop until he asked if he could call.
He eventually figured out the issue while talking to me on the phone and had me correct it and everything was up and running.
The entire time he was positive and friendly and not once did he ever make me feel like I was a burden for taking up a good amount of his time.
This is the owner of a business who cares a great deal about you, your satisfaction and is so passionate about making sure it's 100% right that he is willing to spend whatever amount of time sending emails or having phone conversations with you until you are happy with the result. At any time of day or night, apparently.
In all my years of life, the people I've met with this level of customer service and support of their product to the extreme can be counted on one hand. Maybe 3 fingers. Scott is unbelievable when it comes to standing behind his product.
If you're on the fence about purchasing any of his products don't hesitate knowing you will always be taken care of.
Let's not even talk about how great these make your games look. Fantastic product and unparalleled customer service.
Thanks again, Scott.
r/
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=mikepmcs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.