(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#737 6 years ago

Does this mod work with classic Bally games?

How do the light bars attach to the playfield? Any good pics of that available?

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plugs into the service plug. They mount to the side walls with magnets.

So they magnetically stick to the siderails? I guess you have to remove them to lift the playfield?

Are they able to be mounted high enough on a classic Bally cabinet to properly light the entire pf, since the cabinet is pretty shallow with not much height to sidewalls above the playfield itself?

#788 6 years ago

Is there any risk with these lights of UV damage/fading to the plastics or playfield art?

#821 6 years ago

Are there any good pics of what the actual light bars and mounting mechanism looks like? Can't tell from the installation photos.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe just a personal observation positive about this product but I find that With the Pin Stadium setup I have Significantly less glare off the glass from lighting and the DMD. A huge plus as the only other solution is a $200-$300 piece of magic type glass. Not saying this will eliminate the glass upgrade but for me the results were Incredible and basically cost less than a piece of glass for my cat to crawl on. lol

Totally true. Like looking in a lit pool at night.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is another very low cost solution to reduce glare besides the magic glass. I've used it inthe past and it works great. Its called "bent plastic'". You can get it at pinball life for $7.95.
Reducing glare is a great side effect of the pin stadium lights. Im looking forward to installing mine this weekend. Yelobird, what color setting did you use on your Batman66 ?

Bent plastic rocks! I have them on all my games. It's like adding a whale tail to your pinball machine.

Though it takes care of the DMD glare, it doesn't eliminate the BG glare. The pinstadium lights look like they would pretty much eliminate *any* glare from an external source which is a big plus in my book.

#836 6 years ago

Thanks for those.

I'm trying to understand how they mount to the game. I understand it uses magnets, but do you need to glue a magnetic strip to the game somehow, or a piece of metal, or something for it to attach to? What does the game look like without the light bar on it?

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know this has been asked and answered before but the thread is getting a little long sooo.... they come with a thin magnetic strip for each side which has adhesive on the back. You clean the surface with alcohol, peel the backing off and stick the magnetic strip to the sides. The PS lights themselves can then easily be removed from the magnetic strip any time you need to lift the PF, etc. You can also put additional magnetic strips on other games and move the PS kit from game to game if you want.

Thank-you. And I'm guessing the magnetic strips will stick ok to sideblade art? What about mirrored blades? And they will come off again fairly cleaning if you wanted to remove the system at some point?

2 months later
#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Very happy with how my AFMr and Met came out. Tough to capture properly in pictures but I tried to not make the befores too underexposed.
My Met pro has the total lightshow, and the GI dimming option integrates perfectly with it. Any time the GI bulbs turn blue or red the Pin Stadium turns off, I just tied it into one of the original white bulbs which had been replaced and set to the side. I do need to tone down the color a touch still, but overall looks good at about 38% brightness. Bonus points for letting me remove the creeping death UV rails and replace with the UV flasher option. Looks much less cluttered. No need for the spots now either, great stuff!
I originally replaced the GI in my AFMr with cool whites hoping to brighten it up, and was still a bit too dark with the room lights off. Pin Stadium fixed that. I also missed the warm color, so I added some red in the strips to warm up the ambient color.

Fantastic how it allows you to open up the PF view on Metallica by removing the creeping death light bar rails and spots on the slingshots.

Could you post a pic of how it looks with the UV flasher firing?

8 months later
#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I recommend the UV+Glow for sure and will be the same setup I am going to run this week on DPLE myself. I hope this helps you.
[quoted image]

PF and plastics look amazing with pinstadiums on DP but I don’t care for the reflections on the metal ramps and especially the katana sword blade.

Will Orion’s Belt solve that issue?

1 week later
#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Look at that we have 10 flashers to choose from, wow so cool!! Just when you wondered “Orion’s Belt offers 4 flasher colors, but where will I trigger them from? I don’t think I even have that many flashers in my machine. ” . You will be pleasantly surprised what is possible now.

...so if I want ALL my flashers hooked up to Orion's Belt I need 2.5X Orion's Belts installed. I see what you did there...

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I agree there is no point in blacking out lights because for that purpose which is why I am working on something else that does not decrease light transmission. Once I have it perfected I will let you all know when that product add-on comes out. Likely not too long and I will make sure you can easily add it to your existing Pin Stadiums.

This is a much needed enhancement.

Might I also suggest that for the price your are selling the Pinstadiums for that you add both the diffusers you're working on and the Invisishields as standard with a set going forward, and not additional $. IMHO they both address critical flaws in the original product and the material cost can't be much at all per unit. Also be a nice way to show your appreciation for all the support the community has given you thus far.

5 months later
#3872 5 years ago

Any update on the diffusers?

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am working away at them and making sure of compatibility with the Fusion's set ups also. Not far off though and they do have an official name which I will announce now since you have asked "BLUR".
[quoted image]

Oh come on, I bet you have had them done for months but just couldn't think of a cool brand name for them yet...

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Hopefully they solve the metal ramp striping issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.