(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,226 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

I've seen these in person and Scott has done an amazing job on these. The pictures posted above are pretty exact representations of what it looks like in person.

I have played on machines that had these on them in a row and cannot remember being bothered by adjacent games.

These are worth every penny in my opinion. I don't want to add spots lights everywhere to a dark game. This is so much easier. This is a great option for streamers too as games need to be really lit up well to run 60fps right.

Can't wait to get a set!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I like the product but I'm gonna call out your before and after pics you posted. I realize you want to make it look fantastic but the machines were never that dark. It looks like a bad comparison of some GI and PF bulbs not even on in the before pics but on in after pics. Wish you well but you got a shady comparison.
-Mike

I am completely puzzled by this comment. The great thing about this product is that you yourself can decide if you need GI enhancement to your game. You are the one looking at your game and seeing that it has areas of poor GI lighting. So even though your claim is 100% false, does it really even matter what the before pics look like? Everyone that owns those games knows what the before pics look like. Hahaha

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do they work with games that have art blades or mirror blades?

Yep!

IMG_5734 (resized).PNGIMG_5734 (resized).PNG

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Alright, I am in. Lets see what it can do for STTNG.

When I first saw these I immediately thought of this game. And shadow.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I am in no way speaking for Pinstadium just from knowledge. Yes it can be. Something like that would probably be up to the end user to do.

Yep. I asked scott this same question when I first saw them in action. Definitely possible but as they are provided they won't do that.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I suspect the lack of GI integration will neuter this product for machines with dynamic GI effects.

I'm sure it will get added in the future, but plenty of uses for this product as is, IMO.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that has to be known, especially for a Spike game. They don't have that much power to spare unless you use the service outlet.

This uses the service outlet.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It was suggested by the OP you could plug it directly into a 12v source in the machine in order to integrate it better. 1.2A should be fine.

Oh yeah sorry I missed that.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

This is awesome news! (My biggest hang up) and it also sounds like with a little effort it can be tied in to computer controlled GI, Dimming, etc... and saves the settings, i think this is an awesome idea!
Anyone try these on SYS. 11's?
I am thinking it would be a good addition to FIRE!, Wirlwind, and F-14 Tomcat!

My Fire is very dark too. This would help that game greatly.

Same with F14.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Thinking about these for for my rob zombie. I like the dark look and feel to the game and just would not want to illuminate it with just straight white lighting. Could the color be adjusted to red? I think the game illuminated with red with the UV flasher option might look great. Or a red flasher option would be cool too

Fairly certain all of this can be done. The flasher is the only part that is limited to one color choice as far as I understand.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I'm sorry but this statement is as wrong as a spotlight on my front projection screen.
The function of lighting effects is to create CONTRAST. By definition shining bright lights on a playfield diminishes contrast, especially if they are always on. Do you also maintain that playing pinball outside on a sunny day also does not affect the impact of GI dimming?
I agree that some people care about GI lighting effects more than others, but you can count me out. I'll keep my blackout mods and low ambient light game room. Add full GI integration and I will be interested.

I suggest seeing it in person for yourself and decide. The GI effects aren't messed with as much as you'd think. I didn't notice anything drastic even on a game that uses GI tricks like TWD.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why would you NOT want this to mimic any controlled GI?

For me one of the huge benefits of this is the added lighting it provides to help with live streaming. Best way for this to help with that is to be separate and always on. So having that as at least an option is a must for me.

1 week later
#154 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't think lighting effects like BOP's transformation look bad on streams.

I meant for streaming at 60 fps. You need tons of ambient light on the game in order to get 60 fps to look right or the game will appear very dark on the stream. I'm still learning, but this was the first thing I realized.

I think these lights being always on (or at least an option) except for the flasher piece, will eliminate my need for extra lighting outside of the game.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from justanottergirl:

I know a few locations that could DEFINITELY use these kits!

This 100%. One quick easy way to help brighten up those dark location games.

1 week later
#228 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Grabbed a set for MMR.

God choice. This is the first game I saw them in and I was blown away by the flasher integration.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh man. I just went for the base to brighten things up. Are the flashers that cool? Any videos floating around?

Scott would have to post one. Or if go over sometime soon I'll take a video.

1 week later
#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just placed an Order for a kit. As I will use it for SAM and Spike games, I ordered the5 Volt / 12 Volt converter als well. I Hope the Converter is a separat Hardware, which can be added or left away depending for which Game you use the kit.

It is. We just used this at my house this past weekend taking a kit from TWD to GOT.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Would this work in a early solid state Stern game such as Flight 2000? It's a widebody that has a pretty dark center playfield. If so, where would it hook into for power?

For me I'm going to see if I can just get a set that plugs into the service outlet like scotts original design. That way I can take the kit from game to game easy peasy without jumpering to each games power supply.

I have a big game that would benefit from this so I'm in a similar boat as you are.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Interesting, moving from game to game. Could it really be that easy?

Because of the magna mount that the kit uses, you just need to put the magna mount strip on each game then put the kit in, plug it in, and you're good to go.

If you want to jumper the flasher strips to a flasher bulb too, that's an extra couple minutes but for these older games it would be a 5 min swap once you get the hang of it.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

So you'd purchase multiple sticky magnetic strips (that you'd leave on each game) and just move the kit to whatever game you want at that moment. The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

Yes for everything but the last part. I'll defer to scott on that one, but I understand it that each kit has a signal for the app so you would only be able to have one setup saved for each kit. So when you switch games you would have to adjust to your liking for that particular game.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

What about damage to inside art or mirror blades? I really thought the magnet was on the light bar and it grabbed the tiny edge of the glass channel for adhesion. Like others have said, some installation instructions could have avoided any confusion. Am I going to have to peel and stick a three foot strip of magnet, like from a roll at the craft store, to the inside of my game for these to work?

Yes. But it is all part of the kit. I went through the install this past weekend and it was extrememely easy. Not sure on removal though as I haven't done that yet.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Which I'm going to try my hardest to integrate into the pinstadium to sync it with the Lightshow.

This would be amazing.

#291 6 years ago

They are not visible to the player at all. You would have to stand to the side of the player and bend down to see them.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I just recently broke the record last Thursday at 975,968,790

Damn son. You shouldn't have backed out on the NKY league bro.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I will surely keep it in mind, thanks!

One spot left in the tournament at my place Saturday. It's got your name written all over it!!

2 weeks later
#334 6 years ago

Bump!! Ordered a set! Gonna stream these puppies as soon as I get them. Also I will be taking a couple games to the CLE PIN show and will swap from one game to the other during the show if anyone wanted to see that in action in person.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

First thing I do is say nuh-uh.

The first thing I do is get a call from my bank telling me they caught it and didn't let it go through.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Seems like you could have avoided the extra hassle. I buy everything with my credit card to maximize the rewards and I can't possibly remember every single charge by memory when I get my statement.

I remember the first time I ordered from comet and saw a charge from some Arthur weirdo. I was like wtf? Haha. Saw the email and responded to it, then it all became clear.

#346 6 years ago

Gotta love pinside scott!! Free bumps!

#352 6 years ago

Yeah I have since changed out the stock spot lights with the crazy bright ones from Comet. They helped, but much better lighting from the pinstadium lights. Got every inch of the game.

#354 6 years ago

I can only speak for the games I have seen the kit in, so I will do my best.

In my opinion, the flasher kit works best on games that don't go crazy with flashers. I think the GI only option would be best for games like Starship Troopers. I don't think the GI would diminish the flashers in that game at all. Best way to be for sure, take one of your pinstadium sets from another game and throw it into SST.

That's what I plan to do with WCS. I know the kit looks awesome in GOT (flasher effect hooked up to BWMB jackpots to make the whole game Flash green. I'm just not sure how the green flasher will work in WCS since the flashers in that game are used with just about any major shot in the game. I'm afraid it will be a bit too much. And that game has pretty good lighting throughout without the pinstadium lights so I might not need anything for that game.

SST is a very dark game though so it could benefit greatly from the GI piece of the kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the brightness can be adjusted (maybe scott can confirm or deny). That way you can tune it to a way that it gives you the added GI brightness and not lose those awesome flashers.

Also hooking the pinstadium into the flashers in SST will add to the flasher effects already in the game and will probably overtake the added GI brightness the kit gives you.

My official recommendation: treat pinstadium like CDMD. Take it from game to game in your house and try it out to see where it works and where it doesn't.

Remember though. You will need to add an extra magna mount system to each order for each game you would want to swap the kit from game to game. I got three extra magna mounts in my order to help me try this out in some other games.

1 week later
#374 6 years ago

Very nice!! Would love to see how these behave now in games like MET with that really dramatic light show on sparky MB.

Not to mention winter is coming hurry ups on GOT and Boba Fett mode on SW

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

did I see its an add on. does that mean extra cost? and how much extra? seems like that's just the way they should work..

For me I don't want them linked to the GI or to turn on and off with the game. I want them always on and turn off when I turn them off remotely.

2 weeks later
#433 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hey Scott, it's August - start shipping already!

Bob what games are you putting this in?

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just WOZ to start with as it's the one in my collection that I think needs the most help with GI. Since I can control the brightness of the lighting over my pin row it's not a big deal unless there are others playing the other games which don't need as much lighting help. I thought this would be a good way to give it some GI "help" that's still very controllable as opposed to the add-on kits that are all or nothing. I also wanted to support Scott's efforts to get his product off the ground so it should be a win-win for me.

Awesome. I thought maybe STTNG too. The one at arcade legacy is crazy dark. But lighting in the bar is pretty dim.

I mainly bought mine for GOT but will be swapping from game to game to see what other games I will want to install these for.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Do these kits work in early 80s Ballys? They are all pretty much too dark to play in a completely dark room and switching to LEDs only compounds the problem. Spotlights look really out of place in these games, so the lighting options are limited. These are pre-flashers, so the flasher option might not be usable, but at least the general lighting part could be helpful if they're compatible. I have 10 games from this era, so it would be nice to know if they work.

For sure. That's why I went with the always on option that is powered by the aux plug in the game. I want to be able to swap them easy from my GOT all the way down to firepower. Yeah just hook up the GI part only.

Scott might have a more eligant option for those era of games, but I just asked if I could get a kit that just plugs into the aux plug.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I am not sure how this could be plug and play, as there are no lights on full time. Each is only on for a small segment of the game, usually for 1 shot.
Wouldn't that mean your lights are only on for the same time as what light you hooked them to?
I am interested for this machine, but I need to know how these could work.
And !!!! doesn't help me.
Thx.

I'll try. Think of the GI piece of these lights as a flashlight. Needs power to run. The lights tap into a 6v power source somewhere on the power board and turn on and off with the game. So switch the game on, they are on. Switch the game off, they are off. They aren't hooked to any of the lamps of the game.

This is where the flasher piece comes in. Completely separate LED strip from the GI piece. This you can jump to any lamp you want in the game and it will come on and go off with that lamp.

I hope that helps.

3 weeks later
#464 6 years ago

Looks like you have more room for games at the new house. Nice!

1 week later
#476 6 years ago

Had my GOT on the floor at the Cleveland pinball show all weekend with my pinstadium kit in there. Was played constantly, received lots of compliments and it won the best modern game award!!

IMG_6572 (resized).JPGIMG_6572 (resized).JPG

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Maybe chuckwurt can share the exact settings for other GOT owners getting the Pin Stadium kit?

As soon as I get my game set back up I will. Gotta get screen shots of the app.

#503 6 years ago

Holy shit. I thought these would be the best in TAF. This may have just confirmed it.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

What's the approximate wait if somebody orders one of these today?

I would email scott.

[email protected]

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Just a quick question, is it like Philips hue but for a pinball machine

No.

#557 6 years ago

Put my kit in firepower and then in LW3. Firepower looks good, LW3 looks better. Haha

7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg

D2B132E8-9B0E-402E-AC60-49449B0F065B (resized).jpgD2B132E8-9B0E-402E-AC60-49449B0F065B (resized).jpg

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

maybe somehow hook it up so the Pinstadium lights go off when the black light goes on?)

Are there lights in the game that go off when this black light mode starts? You can hook the GI piece into that bulb and you should be good.

#584 6 years ago

Check out my stream from tonight on SDTMpinball to see the benefits of pinstadium for all you streamers out there.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177995807

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

What happens when those two alligator clips flapping in the breeze touch each other?

Yeah I would probably clip those the other way so that you can get the insulation over the connection.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

ok cool. i still think it is in your best interest to not encourage the use of alligator clips. They could fall off and short. Even at 1 amp you are probably getting some voltage drop. Tarnish and corrosion could start then they could heat up... etc...
Gator clips = test probe, not permanent connection, but maybe im just being anal.

I don't think you're being anal at all. Definitely a concern of mine. When I get a set that will actually permanently stay in the game I plan to switch to more permanent connection solutions as well. Right now I'm switching these from game to game on a daily basis. Haha

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't recall how the ordering went, but did I have to select a game or company when buying for the right connection? I was planning on Mustang at the time and now want to put it on Baywatch. Would I need another connector to order so I can swap?

I would email scott and let him know.

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have this kit in Rob Zombie and it looks great. The color options are cool too. My question / concern is with other games I might put it in. With the RGB + White lighting, the White is warm White. This worked fine for RZ because the prescribed color tone was Red. In *almost* all my other games where I've switched to LEDs, I slant toward cool/natural White and gone away from the warm.
I can get cool White from the RGB, but typically you would supplement using the additional white slider to wash out / brighten the game. If I want a game to have cool White lighting, can I get the kit with cool instead of warm White? Or am I missing something with configuring this?
For example, a game like Bride of Pinbot, I've gone totally cool white with a little blue in the GI. I don't want any warm in that. Similarly, I want to try this kit in Centaur. That Black & White playfield needs cool, not warm.
Thoughts?

I get cool white from changing the color to all blue then set white brightness at 100%

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?
Thank you

I've only seen UV Glow in WOZ and it looks awesome.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can the flasher option be triggered by connecting to a switch instead? I was thinking it might be cool to connect it to a spinner.

Even if you could, make sure and take seizure meds beforehand. Haha

1 week later
#685 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I feel compelled to email a new set of instructions with all the corrections.

Do it. Scott would appreciate the help I'm sure.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

Do you think the strobing effect would be too much?

Yes. You'll get sick. Haha. Test it out to be sure, but yeah. Also if the spinner flasher is fast enough, the pinstadium flasher won't be able to keep up and it will just stay on if that makes sense.

At least that's what happened when I hooked it up to my GOT flasher bulb.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

For REAL! I'm still waiting for my videos to upload on Youtube and I'll post when they finish. AMAZING that I can see the entire playfield lit up nice and bright without any "dead" areas, like the middle of the playfield. That's where most of the artwork is and now I can see it!
But holy shit - choose your flasher carefully. Sega's (I'm using Baywatch) are friggin' flasher crazy by default. I connected the UV flasher to one under the left ramp - thinking it was a lesser used flasher and would lite up during MB ready, etc. God damn thing was flashing constantly because that's what Sega's do. I moved the flasher connection to the Shark flipper flash and MUCH better.
Blue light makes my head hurt.

Yeah man. When I was trying to find the right flasher on GOT, the first 5-6 I tried were way too active. I had to walk away from the game for the night and try again the next day. Haha

FYI. GOT's flasher that you want is the right backboard flasher.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Anyone have suggestions for getting the pinstadium app running. I keep getting a message no devices found and cannot install the app. I know i'm doing something wrong but this is new to me. Thanks.

iOS or what? I downloaded and brought up the app no problem on my phone.

First thing you need to do is with you pinstadium installed and game on, bring up your wifi options on your phone. Your lights should put off a wifi signal starting with LEDxxxxxxx. Connect to that.

Then when in the app it should walk you through linking the lights up with your home wifi network.

Good luck.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is that option in the purple pick b/c I want to stay away from that. The first pic (updated) looks great.

He just turned down the white and blue all the way up. The app has a color wheel on it. You just drag your finger to the color you want. Then up the brightness of that color.

Then up the brightness of the white.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't have a smart phone so how do I do that?

Not sure. Haha. Maybe there's a web version that can adjust the settings. I will say, the default settings are usually pretty good, but yeah you definitely want to be able to access that app somehow.

Buy a cheap ass tablet?

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, this whole apps thing has me confused cuz I have a dumb phone. You'd think it would come with some kind of remoter for cases like me.

If I know scott like I think I do, you won't be left in the dark.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I am very circumspect about what devices I will allow on my network. Let’s suppose I create an ad hoc network for the purposes of configuring the mod. Can I then completely disable the Pin Stadium’s wireless radio until needed for future configuration?

Yes. Like mentioned before, once you get the settings you want, you can disconnect all networking the lights have and the settings will hold until you change them again.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Yes, I understand that I can disconnect. The question is can I then disable the WiFi radio?

Pretty sure. You only need it to change the settings. Not to turn it on and off.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

When merely disconnected it will likely still be polling nearby networks, broadcasting its SSID, and generally cluttering the spectrum. I want to disable completely until needed.

Actually now that I think of it, if the lights are on I'm pretty sure they put off that ssid. Not sure how you would stop that.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Does this mod work with classic Bally games?
How do the light bars attach to the playfield? Any good pics of that available?

Plugs into the service plug. They mount to the side walls with magnets.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So they magnetically stick to the siderails? I guess you have to remove them to lift the playfield?
Are they able to be mounted high enough on a classic Bally cabinet to properly light the entire pf, since the cabinet is pretty shallow with not much height to sidewalls above the playfield itself?

Great question. My firepower is as tight as can be from this standpoint and here is what it looks like before and after.

7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I discovered a pin these lights will physically not fit on......BSD. The left side village plastic renders the left LED strip unable to fit there. That plastic almost touches the PF glass itself and is right up against the side of the cab....it’s a pretty long plastic too.

Damn. Wondered about this one. This game needs these too.

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Do you have recommendations for where and which connections could be made for each machine a customer buys these for? I have not read every post, but most say find the GI connection and pick a flasher you want. I do not like guessing and messing around with my machines. I want to be told where the connections should be made and what kind of effects I should expect with those connections with a color pallet recommendation. I own a SS, TZ, TOTAN, and a CV and am interested in putting these in all, but not interested in guessing where to make connections. I read there is a connection you can make that will allow the machine to take over the lighting control and that the lights will learn the machine.

It's a matter of personal taste. That's why we all pick different lamps.

Most games have flashers on the backboard. I would choose one of them.

Then fine any GI. Any bulb that is always on and clip the GI clips there.

#776 6 years ago

No issues at my house. Lots of kids playing. No visible by he player no matter how they stand at the game.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Is it possible to use 2 flasher colors for one kit (one on each side)? I have a TFLE that I've been wanting to brighten up and I was thinking of UV on the left and red on the right to match the playfield design of decepticons (purple) vs autobots (red).

Not at the moment no. Don't see why that wouldn't be possible in the future though.

#827 6 years ago

7330FCA0-A27E-4375-BBAA-2B4C684EF935 (resized).jpeg7330FCA0-A27E-4375-BBAA-2B4C684EF935 (resized).jpegE3635F4E-D901-4B20-B3D5-BB6DCBAFF630 (resized).jpegE3635F4E-D901-4B20-B3D5-BB6DCBAFF630 (resized).jpeg2337BE08-F892-4C81-8FB9-A9BB8CBFA4A9 (resized).jpeg2337BE08-F892-4C81-8FB9-A9BB8CBFA4A9 (resized).jpeg59F76F1D-46AD-48FD-9691-B9CA4A0B115D (resized).jpeg59F76F1D-46AD-48FD-9691-B9CA4A0B115D (resized).jpeg

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thank-you. And I'm guessing the magnetic strips will stick ok to sideblade art? What about mirrored blades? And they will come off again fairly cleaning if you wanted to remove the system at some point?

Front page of their website.

C59065B5-D020-4C29-B0BF-FD2AAB2757DC (resized).pngC59065B5-D020-4C29-B0BF-FD2AAB2757DC (resized).png

I’m sure goo gone and you’ll be good to go when removing them.

1 week later
#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Any pics of this on an Alien?

Search this thread for Alien.

1 week later
#907 6 years ago

Nice!! I wonder how these would look with those clear ramps?

#910 6 years ago

Stream am tonight playing LW3. I talk about the pinstadium kit at the beginning and show what the game looks like with and without but the lights on stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187723375

2 weeks later
#977 6 years ago

Very well said. Scott is not messing around with this product. He did not put these out to customers until they were very very well built and had gone through extensive QC tests. I had a similar experience with my first set. He talked me through every step to get set up. Considering there are 100s of these out there, you can quickly imagine how much time he’s putting into customer service. He’s a one man show and had better service than a lot of companies with way more manpower.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

has anyone install the system on a cftbl? if so is the gi module needed or worth adding on this title?

Just played one this weekend on a creech. Didn’t know you could buy these without the GI module. Doe that mean they would just be one at all time? If so, that would be just fine for this game imo.

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

thanks, ya its an add on, if the game code dims the lights during play, the stadium lights do to.
but i don't think creech does that.

Yeah I don’t remember creech having any GI effects.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Even though my other orders have not shipped yet, I ordered the last two today to have them in all my games until Houdini gets here (can't pass on the bfriday discount). Looking forward to putting them in SS and TOTAN soon and CV and TZ down the road.

Man. SS might need pinstadium more than any other game.

#1029 6 years ago

Looks awesome. Makes those side art blades pop.

1 week later
#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Interesting to see the lights on a Dialed In, a game I really didn't think needed them. Now Pirates on the other hand really needs them (after seeing the game in person)
Scott has gotten really good at taking "off" pictures that match what the game looks like in real life, but it seems people are commenting that some people off /before pictures are too dark. So if you're going to post pics, please do the Pinstadium and Scott justice by adjusting your exposure so that the pics on and off, represent to your eye the brightness of the playfield.

And make sure all the spot lights are on. People love to bitch about those being off too.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So TFTC that utilizes a flasher like crazy....where should it be installed to lessen the chance of a seizure?

Try and find one that’s barely used. Maybe one of the backboard flashers.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Has anyone put one in a WCS yet?

I haven’t as mine looks fine without it, but I can swap my set into WCS so you can see before and after pics. I could probably get this done later this week.

One thing that worries me about it fitting is the coin toss mech. Not sure if that will allow pinstadium to fit.

#1141 6 years ago

Well shit. Looks like I’ll have to swap these into my WCS soon for a spin. Haha

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This means PinStadium DOES NOT power on/off with the game, correct? You plug it / unplug it every time you want to use it, right?

I believe since you still have it hooked to the GI, unless the GI is on, the lights will be off. They will put off the WiFi signal however I believe.

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Do they have to be hooked up to a phone/internet to work?
Can I just turn them on and go?

No

Yes

You will have to live with the default settings though. Cannot change the colors or brightness.

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Default mode on mine was 7 color jump. That’d be annoying long term
I am sure you could borrow a buddy’s phone for 5 minutes to help you configure the GI to something you’ll be happy with and lock it in.

Haha. That stinks for the default settings. Mine was just a basic cool white look. I guess whatever the last thing scott tested on the bench would be what it is when you get it.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

If i didnt have to dismantle them to take them out every time I need to lift the playfield, then I would agree.
If you come up with a quick disconnect so that they can EASILY be removed let me know!

Either way you slice it the light bars will have to be taken off the sides of the game. I agree that having a quick disconnect on the back of them would help completely take them out of the game faster, but it sounds like it would sacrifice some of the reliability of the system.

Laying them on the playfield takes some getting used to, but it’s not a big deal at all. This coming from someone that is lifting playfields with these lights in the game constantly.

1 week later
#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

haven't had time to debug it but I had to remove my pinstadium lights. On my TWD it was causing the speaker volume to rise hugely (even though the volume is set low) and its on location in my office so was causing chaos. Will report back when I re-install. Posted here to see if anyone else has had similar issue?

I have not. I’ve had it on TWD for a long time too. Where did you connect the GI and flasher modules?

Also keep in mind I use the aux power outlet in the game. I don’t tap the power supply.

2 weeks later
#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The first Houdini set of Pin Stadiums is shipping out tomorrow! Pics coming very soon after the install.

Who has that one? That’s the bad old one that Jpop touched. Ewwwwww. Haha

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from BaronMARTo:

Did anyone have this Pin Stadium Lights mounted on an older game type System 11 or System 80? I would like to see the rendering on a TX-Sector or a Whirlwind. Regarding the lights older machines are even less efficient than modern pinball machines, I guess the result could be very spectacular, again.

I have them on my Fire! Doesn’t come across well in pictures so pointless to post. Just keep in mind, the less clearance you have between the lights and the features of the game that are lined up along the sides of the game, the less room the light has to cover the whole playfield.

Still makes a world of difference even if you use these in a game where the playfield is right night to the glass. See firepower.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from eldawg:

Hi - got my PinStadiums for my STTNG yesterday...hooked them into J117 on the power board. They powered up and looked great! As I was playing with the app...poof...no power to the Pin Stadiums and the machine is acting crazy...did I blow a fuse (F115 fuse looks foggy, it's +12V Switch Matrix 3/4 Amp 250V FB) and if so, is there some safer option to power the Pin Stadiums? Or did I do something wrong? I tried emailing Scott but got a bounce back undeliverable. Thanks!

Try here. Others have had similar power issues in STTNG I think.

[email protected]

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I searched this post’s gallery but couldn’t find any NBA Fastbreak pics. Has anyone stadiumed one yet? What flasher color did you go with? UV+Glow seems like the most popular but I would think regular white flashing would better simulate a stadium environment.
Also it sounds like the build time is better? How long from order to delivery are we currently looking at?
Thanks!

Good question and I hope white flashers are an option. Would love to have a fast break at some point.

1 week later
#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Has anyone put a set on game of thrones? Does uv + glow look good on it ?

I have this with UV in my GOT. Took me a while to find a flasher that wasn’t way too intense and overly used, but I eventually settled on one of the backboard flashers. Worked out nicely.

In hindsight though, I think a set with green flashers instead of UV would work better. Blackwater multiball would look way better and fit the theme perfect.

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Thanks for the input I was thinking it would clash with black water multiball.

It definitely adds to the already awesome light show, but yeah the purple is out of place. I think green would look better. I have previously changed all the spot flashers to green, so I started to get the effect I wanted from that, but I think green flashers on the Pinstadium would make it even better.

2 weeks later
#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I was wondering since i have smoke switch mod on my 75 woz can you make the uv color more of a red than purple to match the mod on witch hits .?

Just order a red flasher instead of UV glow.

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, I will now put Scott on the spot publicly with a Request! Would you Please consider adding a replacement magnetic strip set option to your online ordering page. In my example I am going to put them on WOZ the minute they arrive (tomorrow) but I Know in due time I will find a set of Blades I actually like and will be forced to tear off the existing Pin Stadium magnet strips. I can't be the Only pinball guy that changes his mind daily?? Just a consideration for us modders/tinkerers as well as Long term product growth. I see Pin Stadium lights being around for a Long time!

Although not on the site I believe he will sell you extra sets of magnets. Good idea to have them on the site though.

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Considering this for Star Wars but have a question on the GI interface option. Does that simply turn Pinstadium off with the white GI or does it change the color of the Pinstaduim lighting to match the color of the GI (white, red or blue in the case of SW and MET Prem, etc)?
How would Pinstadium work on Avengers LE where the GI is RGB (no white)?

It follows the GI from an on off perspective not color. You choose the color you want the GI piece to be via the settings in the app.

So if you wanted the Pinstadium to follow the red GI in SW, hook it to a red GI bulb and set the color on the pinstadium to red. Then whenever the red GI comes on in the game so will the pinstadiums.

I hope that helps.

1 week later
#1644 6 years ago

Amazing!! I officially have zero bad things to say about this product. Haha

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Looking for before/after of SHADOW ..anyone know what post # the pics are on here?!?

Search the thread for shadow.

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How?!?! Haha, i tried and didn't figure it out

Find in this topic link at the top.

1 month later
#1944 5 years ago

The Iron Maiden and KISS at arcade legacy bar edition in Cincinnati have Pinstadium lights too if people want to see them in person.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It looks like the flasher trigger on the Iron Maiden LE is likely best on the center flasher bullseye target versus where it was on the Pro since that location on the LE/Premium has a highly active beacon. I will play with a few other locations also but either way O will let you all know which one would be recommended.

You got it?!? Nice!

3 weeks later
#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Great show even on my 6" phone. I'll watch it when it comes on SDTM. But this time on a 65" that's got to make a difference. Congratulations to Lloyd one lucky viewer.

I go back and forth on what resolution and FPS to stream at (1080p and 30 FPS) or (720p and 60 FPS). One would be good to view on a big tv, the other better for a smaller screen like iPad or phone.

Unfortunately I haven’t found a way to reliably stream at 1080p 60fps. Plus you as a viewer would have to have wicked good internet speeds to view it properly from what I understand.

Anyway. Last night was 720p at 60 FPS. So resolution isn’t the greatest but motion should be smooth for the most part.

Thanks for watching!!

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I hate the Pinstadium reflection off the ramps/wireform. A lot.

Wrong thread. I think this is the one you’re looking for.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-irrationally-hate

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I was commenting on the video posted directly above my post; and I don't think hating metal ramps that look like some kind of tint-shifted barber pole is irrational.
But thanks for playing.

This is a pinstadium owners and enthusiasts thread. If you have constructive criticism to help make the product better, that’s awesome. Please share. Otherwise your above post just seems angry and it’s not necessary.

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm genuinely curious if this type of thing can be fixed bc I've taken these lights off of other machines simply bc of that. I can't deal with that reflection. When they don't cause this, the product is amazing. AFMR being prime candidate.

World Cup soccer is another one that doesn’t have the reflection really.

I think it would be a benefit too to have an add on to eliminate the reflection. Not sure what could be done though. Diffusers were mentioned in the past, but apparently not cost effective.

#2172 5 years ago

I cannot see the light strips on either Madien or Dialed In

#2180 5 years ago

Light bar across the top of the playfield. You can see it running underneath the USA sticker on the glass.

#2197 5 years ago

You have angled out the lights so they don’t reflect off the ramps that run along the playfield as much.

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Looking like you have stumped us. I just knew with Chuck posting he would get it right.

I’m as clueless as you guys. Haha. I have no inside info.

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

So what doesn’t make sense in these two pics

You can’t see the lights on B66 in the first one, but you can in the second one.

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I know from watching you walkthrough and Tutorials of Game of Thrones. You was talking about PinStadium light then and you are by far more knowledge than myself. Didn't mean to insinuate that you had inside info. I sincerely apologize for coming acrosd like that. I've only seen them in action in video. But today bought my 1st set. Let There Be Light!

Oh no worries at all. I didn’t take it that way. It would be weird if I was commenting and knew something others didn’t. Haha. I play fair.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Some have asked for STTNG Star Trek Next Generation pics with the Pin Stadiums:

Sweet. Someone modded it to look like stargate

1 month later
#2437 5 years ago

Big game
TNA
Maiden
Flip flop
Monte Carlo
TX sector
Super Orbit
Strikes and Spares
Jungle Queen
Iron Man
Funhouse
Mousin around

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The Final Twelve I was told would not be revealed until the last minute. Is this the list for qualifying?

Nope. It’s my guess at what the final 12 would be. I thought you wanted us to guess. Haha

1 week later
#2484 5 years ago

The final 12:

Dialed in
Little chief
Black belt
Harlem
TNA
F14
Algar
Maiden
Escape from lost world
Time fantasy
Hot line
Super straight.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Wow is that your guess or confirmed? I am packing up the Pin Stadiums as we speak to take them to Pinburgh

Confirmed

DC6F8377-26FB-4828-B1DB-5946748B9595 (resized).jpegDC6F8377-26FB-4828-B1DB-5946748B9595 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2638 5 years ago

Bring on Orion’s Belt! Can’t wait.

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Just installed my sixth set.
My F-14 was so dark... not anymore.
Can't wait to see the next big reveal.
[quoted image]

That’s awesome Jeff. I would’ve thought the stuff to the sides would block the light from covering everything. That looks great.

1 week later
#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have experimented with many diffusers and found them all to take way too much light away from the playfield

Considering I keep my sets at an average of about 30% brightness, having the diffuser as an option would be amazing.

1 week later
#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just added these to my getaway and Dialed In. The latter I was surprised how dark it was in the center and with the UV option, it really looks good. My son noticed it right away and was like look how cool it is when you hit the electric guy. I can't get a pic that makes it look good though - all of them look blown out.
The getaway looks great - not over kill just needed something to get rid of all the dark spots. I would say for these older games, especially ones with simple DMDs they might the better ad on than color DMD! I also play in the dark so it's even a bigger deal for me with these older games that have very poor lighting.
I took this pic - still looks a little blow out in the pic but it looks awesome live.
Question is - where should I hook up the flashers? The flasher on the supercharger goes off a lot - I could do slings....hmmmm
[quoted image]

The red line mania might be cool if you can get to it.

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks I was thinking the flasher light but the slings....
The game really only has a few flashers. Might try them and see what's best.

Remember you don’t need to hook it to flashers. Can use any bulb.

#2774 5 years ago

Looks to be additional options of use for the lights. Not exactly sure though.

#2805 5 years ago

Is there anyway to order the $150 base pinstadium kit and add the Orion’s Belt to it so it takes the place of the UV GLOW flasher?

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

You showing it off at Pincinnati by chance?

He better be.

#2847 5 years ago

Seems to me this will totally work on its own without a pinstadium kit.

#2848 5 years ago

The magnetic strips that adhere to the cabinet that the light bars attach to. I assume he is using the same ones for the belt product.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pics, interviews.... That's great. But video Scott....Can you just answer this.....
When can we expect a video of this thing in action? Is that 9/25 via SDTM (the best in the biz)?

Not sure if scott is going to post a video before then, but yes SDTM stream on 9/25.

I plan to do some glass off demonstrations so you can see how the different flashers work depending on what you activate on the playfield.

Any other suggestions of things to cover on the stream?

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok thanks for confirming.
No other suggestions for the steam as I still don't really understand what this thing is besides adding additional flasher effects. Sorry.

That’s pretty much it. You have four flasher hookups.

Pick the flashers you want each flasher hookup to go to.

Then you can individually control what each flasher color will be.

So for your getaway:

You can set it to flash red when the middle flasher on the supercharger goes.

You can have it flash a different color for another flasher in the game.

And so on.

Here were this can get awesome.

MET:

Every time you hit the snake, the game flashes green as he spits the ball out.

Every time you hit sparky the game flashes blue

Every time you hit the tomb stones it flashes white

Every time you hit the coffin it flashes red.

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this.

Yeah definitely won’t be for everyone like anything else.

Too much flash for me as well, but if seeing certain games at shows is any indication, there are people that will want all these additional flasher features.

Also the fact you can dumb down the brightness of the flashers may help with the intensity. I won’t know until I play a game with these on it in person.

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

This was the explanation I wanted. Just to confirm. I don’t need the original Pinstadiums to use Orion’s Belt? Right?
I’m just not interested in lighting my IMDN up like, well, a stadium. I just want some more contrasting effects between the dark playfield and when the flashers go off.

Yep. Scott confirmed before that the can be bought separate. Do not need both these and pinstadium.

1 week later
#3006 5 years ago

Yeah feel free to blame me for not seeing it yet. I messed up and double booked my schedule.

#3011 5 years ago

Looks like a disco party in there. Haha

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Dimmer option works great for games that have a reflective surface underneath.

No way. Dimmer option does nothing to address this issue.

I’m glad a diffuser is in the works too.

#3059 5 years ago

One of the best before and afters I’ve seen. Awesome!

#3080 5 years ago

Those disco modes on Deadpool with the Orion’s Belt really were impressive. Glad we had a perfect game to show these off last night.

Very well done Scott!

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Scott does the DP picture you just posted show off the new cod enhancement that prevents the zebra stripes?
If not, I don't see them on the Katana blade which they are usually present. How did you achieve that? Even the left ramp is usually stripped but in the pic it just looks red.

Robert Stone can powder coat the Katana to eliminate the striping.

1 week later
#3134 5 years ago

They actually stream on YT.

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm swapping my kit from Terminator 2 (because I'm selling it) to Starship Troopers. I won't be connecting the UV flasher to this already flasher intensive game. But it sure can use some lighting. Only drawback I see is the plastic right ramp return will be under the strip and reflect. I won't be doing this until I strip and shop the top side of the playfield though.
Has anyone else installed a kit in SST?

I have. I remember it going in fine.

#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I actually meant how did it look. Have any pics?

If I took some, I’m sure I posted here. Search my posts in this thread.

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s what they do. Just get them without us flashers or just don’t plug them in. Try em you’ll like em

Not possible unfortunately. It’s the full $260 kit or nothing. You can certainly leave them on all the time and disconnect the flasher, but not able to do that for a cheaper price.

Hopefully an option in the future.

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

Hi pinstadium,
I'm trying to understand the Orion's Belt product.
What's the difference between Pin Stadium and Orion's Belt?
Does OB do everything that PS does? ie. PS is a subset of OB?
Or do you need PS to us OB? ("If you already own a set of Pin Stadiums then this is the next step,")
Is it just software?
I watched the youtube trailer, but obviously still confused. Unfortunately I'm not at expo to get the full run down.
Thanks.

Watch this. All we talk about for the first 15-20 mins is what the product is and how it works.

Works independently of Pinstadium.

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got a question about the product. I’m thinking about getting it for acdc, but I don’t know if I should get pin stadium and/or Orion’s Belt. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. What I’m looking for is:
+ something attached to the lightning bolt flashers that go off to help enhance the experience of those rules. (I’ve been thinking of getting the pinbits or Hooked lightning bolts for this, but wonder if pinstadium would be better).
+ something to help enhance the lighting experience when the cannon is loaded.
Thanks in advance.

I would not get those lightning bolt flashers. They are intense and right in your face.

I guess see if you like how the Pinstadiums looks with having the UV glow hooked up to those flashers then if you want more than that maybe try Orion’s Belt.

I think it would look sweet for the UV glow to follow the cannon flasher. Having the whole game pulse when it’s ready would add to that anxiety that you have a massive opportunity ready to go. Haha

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How many points can you hook pinstadium up to? Can you do one effect for the lightning bolts and another for the cannon? Or is that what Orion’s Belt is for?
———————————
Any plans for Pinstadium to make an appearance to the Banning, CA show? Either the INDISC one in January or the arcade expo in March?

One flasher one GI.

If you want multiple flashers that is what Orion’s Belt is for.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#3399 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am suggesting to anyone getting ready to install them, to go into the Settings/Diagnostics/Flashers and cycle through those as it will reveal tons of ideas as to where you would want to trigger on WCS, Dr. Dude and Indy 500 etc. That would be awesome to see them on any of these machines!

Be careful with the coin toss mech on WCS. I doubt the Orion’s Belt will fit over there. I have not tried on mine, but stadiums are extremely tight and are rested up against the coin toss mech by themselves.

#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That’s true he may need to mount it a little lower to clear that or raise it. I can’t quite picture the mech. Another alternative is to simply trim the built in Invisi-Shield on Orion’s Belt in that area and it should definitely fit.

It will need to be trimmed for sure. If you Mount the stadiums at the highest point its flush with the coin toss mech. It would be hard to slide something underneath that.

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Received my Orion’s Belt this week. Trying to decide which game to try it on; Metallica, Batman66, Maiden or Deadpool..

MET for sure. One to drops, one to sparky, one to coffin, one to snake. White, blue, red, and green respectively. That would be nuts.

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Opinion of best flasher to hook up to pinstadiums’ uv flasher on maiden pro?

Orb flasher would be cool.

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

and the cable clips just don't seem to work for me.

Toss em. I’ve never used them.

Quoted from elf70:

the cables are pretty much wedged in the back - and there is no give,

Try positioning the ribbon cables along the side of the backboard. On modern sterns there’s usually plenty of room.

3 weeks later
#3530 5 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble

9E964CC9-6C90-436A-8D93-8F00B9676391 (resized).jpeg9E964CC9-6C90-436A-8D93-8F00B9676391 (resized).jpeg

014EEA03-1C35-4857-A749-EE30B34AA35F (resized).jpeg014EEA03-1C35-4857-A749-EE30B34AA35F (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3580 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

So it seems as if I'm not smart enough to figure out how to install the Invisi-Shield. Are there instructions on the website? I couldn't find anything and the video on YouTube is just a promo.
I have the Pinstadium and UV flasher kit, which sit attached like an upside down L. I have these two shields that also are L-shaped. Do I sit them on top like an upside down U?

Yes. When done right, the kit will look like an upside down U when mounted to the game.

Well more like a J.

3 weeks later
#3635 5 years ago

So it will have a GI hookup, UV glow hookup and 4 other flasher hookups all in one?

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes it will have it all in one!

And will that be the only option going forward or can you buy pinstadium or the belt separately still?

#3643 5 years ago

Next option, diffuser with GI only version!! Haha

A girl can dream can’t she?

#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

My Pin Stadiums came with a plug and cable for I guess the service port. However I’m installing them on a spike machine and the videos I’ve watched talk about connecting to the power distribution board CN6..

Your service port is in the head. I believe Scott has scrapped all direct power supply connections.

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can someone identify where the service port is on the spike system head. Is it under that white plastic tape..
[quoted image]

Didn’t realize you were an overseas owner. No service port for you. I’d email Scott to get help or he will see this soon enough.

1 month later
#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Also speaking of which I am working on the Photon Merger designs for the Pin Stadiums and NEW Pin Stadium Fusions so that guys can easily add these onto your existing Pin Stadiums you already own or order them this way. I am taking into consideration the compatibility of them for Fusion, so just a few more adjustments. Stay tuned......
[quoted image]

Oh hell yeah!

1 week later
#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm a bit confused by the product offering. Do I have to pay $60 extra for GI and $50 more for flashers? What do I get with/without those add ons?

Yes. Total product is approximately $260. Last I checked you couldn’t get just the base $150 offering. Scott May have changed that though. If so it would just be an always on, app controlled set of pinstadium. They wouldn’t follow the GI lighting of the game or have a flasher hookup either.

#3850 5 years ago

I lean towards this over CDMD too. You see this in action way more than a color dmd and it only gets better with all these upgrades Scott keeps coming out with.

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Oh come on, I bet you have had them done for months but just couldn't think of a cool brand name for them yet...
Looking forward to seeing some pics. Hopefully they solve the metal ramp striping issue.

I’ll see if I can’t get a sneak peak when im at headquarters on Sunday for the Munsters stream. I’m eagerly awaiting them too.

1 week later
#3925 5 years ago

Congrats Scott! What’s the little guy’s name?

#3928 5 years ago

Great name! Looking forward to meeting him!

#3932 5 years ago

Streaming kit. Mounts to the outside of the game. Yes please!

#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You looking for something like this Chuck? I think I can make something pretty for you!
[quoted image]

Where do I sign?

#3947 5 years ago

A kit that no longer uses magnets and you don’t need to remove before lifting the playfield.

1 week later
#4048 5 years ago

Me too. Hopefully if you get one my computer can handle it’s awesomeness! Haha

1 week later
#4080 5 years ago

I wonder how they would look with the clear ramps on SOF? Could be cool.

2 weeks later
#4227 5 years ago

Remake. Drooped flippers.

#4239 5 years ago

You son of a bitch. Hover!

#4241 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I was thinking Stadium Posts, Hover sounds good.

It’s the actual name. Haha. Scott, when do mine ship? Haha

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Do pinstadium tend to cancel out or reduce glass glare? I was thinking of ordering invisiglass but if pinstadium helps there wont be a need. Thanks

Yep. Ymmv, but they definitely help.

1 week later
#4352 4 years ago

Hover, Blur, and Xstream all revealed at once! Talk about hype!!

2 weeks later
#4460 4 years ago

Another person right here that needs hover and blur at the same time too.

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's hover again? So many new things.... Hard to follow. The diffuser will be a game changer

No longer need to mount them with magnets. They attach to the playfield and hover over it.

1 week later
#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One issue is thatI the "candy cane" effect

His new product Blur fixes this. It wasn’t ready yet to use in this video.

Quoted from twenty84:

Also the flashing effects might look good in person but they are over whelming on the stream.

You’re absolutely right here. Looks WAY better in person.

Quoted from twenty84:

For streaming I think more subtle even lighting effects might work better.

These streams are just to give people an idea of how the product works. Have to see it for yourself in person to really decide if it’s for you. Just like everything else in pinball.

Thanks for watching!

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Will it work as a add-on for Fusion, or will it require the new Hovers?

If you currently have fusions, hovers and blur will be able to be added to them. However, if I remember what Scott said, blur needs hover.

Blur gets rid of the candy cane striping.

Hover eliminates the need for the magna mounts on the side of the cabinet, and you can leave the lights attached when you lift the playfield to work on the game.

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Thanks for the info! I want them both.
Anyone think that there's risk to damage vinyl art side blades when later removing the adhesive magna mounts? I don't want my impatience to get the better of me, cause I'm dying to get these put in my MMR, but if the wait for hovers is going to be awhile, I may not be able to help myself.

I recommend using a heat gun and take off slowly. Some of these side art blades are pretty high quality vinyl and should be fine.

#4525 4 years ago

I was pretty impressed with the hover that he had setup on Iron Man. They sit flush with the side of the cabinet seemingly, and raise up no problem with the apron resting on the backbox and the hovers fit perfectly. No more light bars falling all over the place while you work on the game.

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Will Blur require hover? That is the most intriguing to me. Hover is great but since I already have them mounted not worth the extra for now

I believe blur will require hover.

#4594 4 years ago

How about a pic where it’s attached on the bottom? Might be easy to get them from Iron Man.

#4639 4 years ago

Yeah they did a good job with the back of the game. Front is pretty standard.

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

but what is blur? It makes it so the LEDs cant be seen invidually?

Yes. No reflections off the ramps or sides of the game. No candy striping.

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I will probably order blur, hovers, orion belt, and pinstadium lights.. for my Woz RR. What else we got..

A partridge and a pear tree.

#4667 4 years ago

Scott. I think the best photo you could post of hovers is if you installed them on a game with playfield rails, then pulled the playfield all the way out in locking position to show them better. Then take pictures all around.

4 weeks later
#4953 4 years ago

Yes I agree. Basic, actual photos of the product, how to install it, complete with a video of an installation of each product would go a long way.

3 weeks later
#5109 4 years ago

There’s a drain button at the top right of the thread. You’ll never see it again.

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

There must be a better solution than that.

Drain it. Then if you want updates go into your list of drained treads and my guess it will be at the top.

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Have the before photos been photoshoped to look darker. I have a Willy Wonka , Black Knight , and many more of the games and not one are as dark as your before photos.. Strange.

Take a photo of them on with the game room lights completely off.

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hmmm... I guess the consensus is to drain it. I respect you Erik, and you know it. But I was hoping for some moderation in the spam/bumping rather than the nuclear option. Oh well.

It is what it is man. I currently have over 300 topics in my drain list. So I’m super sensitive to things being over bumped.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Cmon man... i have this machine and its not nearly that dark.

I stare at this game in a dark bar all the time and it is indeed dark in the middle. I can play it fine, but the contrast of the light shows definitely get to me at times. Precisely why i love to play with extra room lighting or additional lighting on the game whether it be from Pinstadium (always on, no flashers) or another light source.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is the candy striping included in the base price or is that an add-on?

Base price.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

This seems like it would be achievable with a few spotlights. Pinball Life has some at $2.50 each.

This is definitely an option.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That definitely made a difference and looks good. I find that 5-SMD cool white or sunlight towers in the stock sockets brighten up any playfield nicely as well. I just don’t like looking at the LED strip reflections (circled).[quoted image]

Just wait for BLUR!!! Haha

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll check them out at Pincinnati

Don’t tease me. I need to play your vampire in the worst way.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks ! I wasn’t in love with the art that was out there so I went mirror .. came out great. I have modded the heck out of this thing had it for like 6 years .
I may move these to my black knight when I get my hovers as Met is pretty bright as is .
I will admit I wish pricing was better on these not sure the cost to make . But Scott can charge whatever he wants no one has to buy them or read this thread for that matter . I was sold on these after seeing them in person at TPF not pictures .

Same. I saw these before they were available for sale and I immediately thought of like 10 games that needed them.

I also hate games that use all the GI and backbox lighting as flashers. (Looking at you DE games). So these if you leave theme set to always on, cure all this.

Pricey, Hell yeah. That’s why I got a set or two and take them game to game as needed.

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad you are going to make it to the event. Last year was extremely well done and this year will be bigger and better. The new area Pincinnati added is huge!

Yep. Need more vendors. If anyone wants space. Hit us up. The parts vendors last year did well. Lots of people want to buy, but not many people selling.

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing doesn’t need more lights. You know I’ll bring it. Here’s some clear, actual shots. [quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa baby! Can’t wait.

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

There is no way the "before" picture in that video is accurate.

But neither is your picture of your game. Look at the translight. The lighting of the translite is not completely washed out like that in person.

If Scott used the stock settings on his camera to focus the exposure on a bright area of the game (make the overall pic darker), you did the opposite.

If you’re translite actually looked like that in person, no one would complain about how horrible the art is because they wouldn’t be able to see it.

For streaming and recording video, you have to dumb down exposure settings to get smooth video. This makes the game look darker than it actually is. Then you add separate lighting to get the same smooth action on the recording, and also have a well lit playfield.

Normally streamers would put a separate light on a stand to light up the playfield. But pinstadiums do the same thing, within the game putting even light over the whole playfield.

At the end of the day most people that buy these saw them in person and liked the change and bought them. Not sure I’ve talked to a single person that said they bought these based on pictures alone. Way too expensive to do that.

Most common comment I hear people say about these at shows is, “why doesn’t my GOT or Addams Family look like that?”

#5241 4 years ago

Imo the only before and after Scott needs to show is RZ. That game is impossibly dark, and has a crazy improvement in visibility with these.

Most of the before and afters are from customers. When I sent some to Scott of my games, all he did was ask me to make sure it was a dark game room so that only the game lighting was at work. I obliged. I tried to get them as accurate as possible, but it was hard.

All I know is when I saw them on RZ, I knew my streams could benefit from these and allow me to punt on my external lighting. I was lucky enough to buy some early versions that were scrapped as all I needed them for was to be always on and have brightness and color control.

I’m priced out of the current versions like many right now, but if you need a dark game brighter, these definitely help with that. It’s one of many options out there to take care of that issue.

Any picture/video of lighting, especially LED, is impossible to get exactly right.

#5243 4 years ago

First two pics are lights off in my basement. One with Pinstadium on and one off. I have an iPhone XR. I opened the camera app, then clicked the button to take a pic. I held the pic side by side with the game to make sure it was a fair representation. I have all frosted warm white comet smd bulbs in the game.

955B2D15-8BF1-4B00-A151-5BF049880C56 (resized).jpeg955B2D15-8BF1-4B00-A151-5BF049880C56 (resized).jpeg99C9AB56-586D-41B1-88AB-B1D37FFB93BF (resized).jpeg99C9AB56-586D-41B1-88AB-B1D37FFB93BF (resized).jpeg
#5244 4 years ago

Basement lights on. Same picture taking process.

A737E9D4-E115-4907-8BA0-2AD09B06A4A7 (resized).jpegA737E9D4-E115-4907-8BA0-2AD09B06A4A7 (resized).jpeg327C50D7-0A0E-4E73-B70C-B1EE50D4BEEB (resized).jpeg327C50D7-0A0E-4E73-B70C-B1EE50D4BEEB (resized).jpeg
#5245 4 years ago

These aren’t for everyone. They aren’t for me in most cases. But like any other mod you probably should see it before you buy it.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is basement lights off, just Comet LEDs ( some 2SMD and some 4SMD in GI ) , extra spotlight on slings and trough light.[quoted image]

That looks awesome! I chose to go with Pinstadium as it was easier for me than adding spots and trough lighting. Also I keep them always on, meaning they do not follow the GI circuitry. This allows me to track the ball better when the game uses the entire GI to flash on and off. That contrast always gets to me. Something I wish Data East games never did.

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

How would GOT Pro possibly benefit with PinStadium?

For me it was really making my streams a lot better. And I got used to them. All those intense flasher effects? Completely muted with Pinstadium. New code allows you to control all that much better so that’s moot.

But honestly after I had them on my GOT for the better part of a year and took them off, it’s was super drastic as I was used to them.

Everyone’s different. Someone may see these as a necessity, others just a way to take the light show of their game to the next level. Most will have no use for them. And that’s okay.

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

a slow buildup from bottom to top of all the insert lights and flashers until it's "Showtime!!" - do the PinStadium lights follow that light pattern or do they all just stay on the whole time the mode is building up, or do you hook them up to the GI so they don't come on at all until the MB begins with all 3 balls now on the table?

Completely up to you. In certain games especially with the crazy flasher hookups he has now, some light shows in modern games are absolutely crazy in a good way if you’re into that kind of stuff. The extra ball sequences on BK SOR and Munsters comes to mind as recent examples.

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll be missing Pincinnati ...again...due to this deployment....maybe Nov 2020 ...: (.

Bummer man. Be safe.

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My set of lights is acting up. They are dropping out of the app and reverting to a flashing colors mode when they do. I have to add them as a new set each time in the app and re-do the color and warmth settings.
I tried the unplug them 4 times fast deal I saw posted elsewhere in the thread. They are in a batman 66. Flash is hooked up to the pop bumper area if that is relevant.

Did you add them to your WiFi network too once they were up on the app?

#5329 4 years ago

Hey everyone! Just tried out the new Xstreams. They mount to the outside of the game for easy transport from game to game. See how well they light up the game below. Also, I was worried about the ribbed side rails of Genesis not working well with the magnets on the xstreams, but they worked great!

4C53CF06-C1AF-4755-B3C9-5C3AD4EA160C (resized).jpeg4C53CF06-C1AF-4755-B3C9-5C3AD4EA160C (resized).jpegA991C4D3-66BB-4D5C-AE89-B3FA5D8283E1 (resized).jpegA991C4D3-66BB-4D5C-AE89-B3FA5D8283E1 (resized).jpegE6AF61CF-9958-485C-AB8F-DB8106608AF9 (resized).jpegE6AF61CF-9958-485C-AB8F-DB8106608AF9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5359 4 years ago

I vote for actual pictures too. Especially in the instructions section.

1 week later
#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Would these work for a game without gi like pinball magic?

Yeah. bobukcat uses them in his.

3 weeks later
#5463 4 years ago

Scott should pay you to do these for all his products. Very well done!

2 months later
#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

but there have been many for that Gottlieb era of machine.

Which ones? I’m shocked by this. Haha. Should be easy to tell. How much of the side wall do the omegas take up? If you could give the specific measurement, then Chris can measure how much room he has to be sure.

#5642 4 years ago

Yeah that helps. So if Chris has 2” of clearance, that should be plenty. Thanks Scott!

#5662 4 years ago

That will look great as JP has all those warm white LEDs already.

#5676 4 years ago

Xstreams mount to the outside of the game and are only white light and aren’t tied to anything. Just on or off and brightness control.

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Omega's on Hoops. First two pics are without and with Omega's and the room lights are off. Last pic is with Omega's on and room light also on. The UV flasher is tied to the spinner and it is pretty awesome!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Dibs on that hoops when you’re done! Haha

2 months later
#5821 4 years ago

If you want the first ones there’s only 25 to be had. Once those are gone you’ll have to wait for future runs at a later date.

#5836 4 years ago

I think it’s standard pinstadiums with a better invisishield, and RBG lights that are much richer and brighter than the OG pinstadiums.

1 week later
#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

PinWoofer/Dan. Best pinball audio, great support.

Yep. He’s on par with pinstadium in customer service for sure.

1 month later
#6035 4 years ago

Not sure if their process has changed, but it’s a pain especially if you have lots of pinstadiums like you do.

What worked best for me was to do one at a time so there is only one wifi signal from Pinstadium being broadcast. Once you set up that one on your WiFi, unplug it, and then do the next game until they are all done. Then plug them all back in.

#6050 4 years ago

Regular Pinstadium has one flasher option the UV glow purple flasher.

Fusion is regular Pinstadium/UV Glow plus 4 individual flasher options on top of the UV glow. So instead of hooking the pinstadiums up to one flasher, you can hook it up to 5 total. If glow, white, red, green, and blue.

Lethal weapon three looks great with Pinstadium. I only have a video showing the Pinstadiums on. So you can’t see what it’s like with them off.

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

which flasher did you clip to?

None. I left the GI always on too. I don’t like the flashing effects of LW3 as it’s a data East and they use all the GI to do flasher effects.

I basically used Pinstadium on my LW3 as a big flashlight. Haha. Made the game way better especially in a dark room.

4 weeks later
#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I just meant the company!

Yeah. It’s one guy. Haha

1 year later
#6846 2 years ago

I believe that just means they are ready to go. Get into the app and finish setting them up, and you should be good.

1 month later
#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I am playing my new Mandalorian Premium and I can't get over how much freakin' glare there is on the playfield glass. I just don't get it, it isn't there on my other pins under the same lighting, etc. Driving me crazy, guess I will have to buy some non-glare glass. Then it hit me, I don't have Pinstadiums on this one. OK Scott, you got me. Order coming inbound. Now just a question of which version.

Should also make sure you set the backbox lighting to be 10% or less during gameplay.

#6945 2 years ago

Any plans to offer a stripped down model? Thinking one that has no GI integration, or flashers. Like xstreams but inside the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.