(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3790 5 years ago

Glad to know the tech support is so good! Lol.. I bought a set for my JD about a year ago and haven't even opened the tube yet. Bought a 2nd set for my WOZ a few months ago and same story. One of these days I will get them done! I'll probably have a few questions once I get to them.

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Absolutely !! Wow you may hold the record for the longest uninstalled Pin Stadium sets that’s still in the original packaging. If they ever become a collectible then you are all set
It’s all good, you have something to look forward to. I am more than happy to help you if you have any questions during the install. Just shoot me an email: [email protected]

Well, the JD has been sitting because I have intended to tear down the playfield for a good cleaning and to make some repairs. I finally got the game running correctly again recently and now enjoy playing it so much that I don't want to have it down for an extended period of time. But that day is coming so those will be installed soon enough.

As for the WOZ kit, well, I have no excuse. Just haven't gotten to it yet..

#3794 5 years ago

I will have to check my version of WOZ. I bought it new sometime in mid 2017. As for my JD, I have added an external power supply to the machine to power anything extra, so I will be hooking it up to that. I will definitely post pictures once I get to it and if I run into any problems, I will hit you up. Trying to get a few WMS 40x slot machines running right now.. lol. So the working pinball machines are staying as is until I have the time to get to them, or until something breaks. Whichever happens first...

2 months later
#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Great, now pack up a Hover and UPS it away to me.

Ditto!! Actually, 3 of them for me!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4321 4 years ago

Please say that Hover is ready to ship...

And since the above photo is titled "Hover Reveal", I am happy to know that I am right!

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Not sure what you mean about the title name??

Ha! Too funny!

But I can't wait as I have 3 sets of Pin Stadiums.. 1 on my WOZ which I have had magna mount problems with since install (we covered this in email and you offered to replace them, but I opted to wait for Hover), 1 set for my JD which has not been installed in over a year due to delayed teardown, and 1 for my SS which I recently ordered. The JD and SS are both waiting for Hover before install and I can't wait to install them on WOZ as well and lose the magna mount system completely.

The day you put them for sale, I am ordering 3 sets. I don't even need to see what they look like as I am all in. Take my money! They could be sparkly pink and purple, I would still buy them (and a can of paint to fix that poor color decision).

1 week later
#4406 4 years ago

They fall off of my TiltGraphics blades also and mine were on over a year before I bought my Pin Stadiums... But I am just checking this thread daily for the release of Hover and then I don't have to worry about it anymore. I was offered a new set of Magna Mounts as well but would rather just wait for Hover and take the magnets off completely.

1 week later
#4458 4 years ago

Are the going to be released at the same time so for those of us buying Hover, we can get Blur as well? Many of us will be buying multiple sets so it would be nice to be able to just get them all at the same time if possible.

1 week later
#4524 4 years ago

I have 2 sets I haven't installed yet while I wait for Hover as well. Same story as you, I don't see the point of putting the magna mount on my side blades just to remove them again.

I will have to remove them from WOZ, but my JD and SS are waiting for Hover.

#4625 4 years ago

And same story here... bought 3 sets without knowledge of any code prior to the email blast.

#4669 4 years ago

Best picture of the hovers so far to date! Thank you for finally posting that!

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Is it $50 to convert 1 game? I hope I'm missing something...

Nope, you ain't missing anything... $50 per set.

#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's unfortunate. From my perspective, Hovers are the mounting mechanism that should have been there since "day 1". The magna mounts have given me grief since "day 1" of my Pinstadium adoption.
If I'm looking to add Pinstadiums with Hovers for a new machine, the cost goes from $300 => $350 (with shipping). And what do I do with the magna strips? Throw them in the garbage? Odd.
At $300 w/shipping, Pinstadiums are already a high-end mod. The Hover mechanism should be bundled with the product. If it were, I would expect a ~$20 price bump? $50 seems crazy high for an upgraded mount.
Assuming the Hover approach is universally superior to the magnets, why not simply "phase out" the magnets? I have Pinstadiums on 8 games and 3 of 8 had magnet issues (where the magnet wouldn't adhere to the cabinet and/or LED strip). Scott did an awesome job supporting my magnet issues, but it was still a hassle to wait, reinstall, etc.
Not trying to tell Scott how to configure/price his product (or bust his balls, but the current bundling/pricing doesn't sit well with me. I love Pinstadiums and just want what's best for both Scott and the community. At the end of the day, the market will speak I guess.

I feel the same way but didn't really say anything for a couple of reasons... Not my product (I have no idea what the cost to make these are) and no one is forcing me to buy it. I find it hard to believe that there isnt quite a bit of profit built into the pricing of these though. Im good with that on the initial system, but think the mounting system should not have that much of a mark up. I agree with you completely though because my magnets gave me issues too and Scott offered to replace them, but I chose to wait for Hover. I figured that maybe Hover might be around $20 a set which I still thought a bit much for a mounting option, but figured I could swallow it. When it came out at $50 a pop, I have to admit, I hesitated and thought about just keeping my inferior magna mounts. But I went ahead and after shipping and whatever, spent close to another $200 for my 3 machines which for lack of a better word, is just ridiculous and I have had second thoughts since I did it. I really hope that upon receiving them, I feel better about the purchase, but I just cant wrap my head around that price for a mounting option. At this point, I am fairly certain I will be passing on Blur when it comes out.

In my case, I dont have a lot of room so my pin collection will not be growing much over the years and at the most, I hope to be able to add 3 pins someday. But as much as I love what the pin stadiums do to the games, I will really have to evaluate the game's lighting in the future to decide if it really needs it instead of just automatically putting it on the machine. The pricing at this point is getting hard to justify.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Again, I'm a huge Scott/Pinstadium supporter. My comments are intended as food for thought...

Same here... Not trying to bash, just frustrated with current pricing.

2 weeks later
#4859 4 years ago

I have to agree with the others. When an item is brand new and hasn't even shipped yet, then putting a sudden discount or bundle saving on it without extending it to those that have "pre-ordered" is taboo. Everyone that has already ordered now feels punished for early ordering, whether there is a shipping queue or not.

You would have been better off not putting any type of discount on a new product until all current orders are fulfilled and then after some time at that. Discounting a brand new item when you haven't shipped to the others who have already ordered looks bad and feels bad no matter how you look at it.

I love your product and your support, but sometimes you need to look at how things might affect current customers before you reward someone who isn't a customer yet.

2 months later
#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Got my hovers today. Does anyone have any clue where to put them on the righthand side of the playfield on a JD? Specifically on the back half. Thought I was able to sneek one in on the outside of the ramp, but the playfield won't raise or lower. Just snapped a hover trying to lower the playfield and I don't have many to spare.

Ugh, not something I want to hear. I have them for my JD as well but mine is currently torn down so I have yet to install them. I know it is tight over there, so hopefully someone that has done it can let us know?

I installed them on my SS and that went fine. I haven't installed the hovers on my WOZ yet and am a bit curious how that is going to go as well, especially with the castle playfield on the back left. Im not sure where I am going to put my hovers on that side.

#5468 4 years ago

#5474 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For WOZ the tall Hover fits nicely behind the castle playfield in the very and the medium just in front of it where the castle walls begin. If you need pics when you go to install let me know.

Pics would be great just for reference, but I think I can visualize what you mean. Im assuming you left out the word "back" as in the tall hover goes behind the castle playfield in the very back? Thanks for the response.

3 months later
#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thinking about buying my first set of Pinstadium for my Twilight Zone. I’m not too familiar with this product even though I think I may have a set on my Metallica. Pardon my newb questions but I’ve not yet gotten into this product:
1) are the lights tied in to the code of each game in some way or are they just turned on all the time?
2) how do they do with TZ?
3) how challenging are they to install?
Thanks.

They are easy to install. As for how they work, the main lights hook up to your GI, so they are on when your GI is on. The UV flashers hook up to a flasher or some part of the machine that activates at certain times, like a shaker or something. The UV lights will operate when that trigger is hit. Fairly simple... Im sure Scott will have a suggestion for a good trigger on TZ.

The lights have separate power but use the GI and Flasher hookups as a relay to activate. And then the main GI lighting from the pinstadiums are fully adjustable with brightness and color through the phone app.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.