(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#492 6 years ago

Any suggestion which kit I should order for TAF? Is there a lot for the GI option to effect?

Also with the brighter lighting inside, does it make less need for invisiglass?

1 week later
#535 6 years ago

I have several questions.

I ordered for my TAF. Let's say I move to a JJP game. Are the connectors different, and if so are there adapters?

I recently saw video of some game play from Houdini and couldn't help but think how much it would benefit from the kit.

I saw in the app the fade feature. Is this for GI or is the fade programmable for the flash, in case we want a more subtle flashing effect?

I'm starting to see all sorts of possibilities for this kit. I'm wondering if a future upgrade might allow connecting to multiple lights, not just GI and flash.
Not that I fully understand it yet but imagine if several lights could be tapped and different lighting fx programmed for each. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting something?

Also what about a time of day setting where daylight (or lights on) has one setting and night) or lights off has another?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#546 6 years ago

Well I don't want to speak for pinstadium, but it is fully interactive if you buy the GI plus flasher option.

If you read this thread and watch the videos you will get a good idea of what it does.

The big thing about Scott is that he apparently is an app designer.

So aside from the fabrication aspect and all the permutations he went through, from a programming aspect the product seems to have lots of potential.

#561 6 years ago

I played an Indiana Jones tonight for the first time and could barely see the playfield. All I could think about was how much this game needed a pinstadium.

1 week later
#667 6 years ago

I just got my shipping notice as well. Are there now instructions included? Any suggestions where to connect on my TAF?

#678 6 years ago

Mt kit is arriving this week but I had a question. How easy is it to remove the adhesive without damage to the inside cabinet paint and what proceedure is suggested? Hair dryer to heat it up?

Also how can we buy more adhesive (magnetic?) strip to install in a different pin.

I'm excited to see my TAF come alive with better lighting.

1 week later
#780 6 years ago

I'm a little confused. On my TAF I also have color dmd that is plugged into 116. So that means I can plug the z connector into 118?

#853 6 years ago

Dots incredible!!!!

1 week later
#901 6 years ago

I posted some pics with my TAF in another thread, but I'll post them here. It's a bit difficult to account for exposure differences, and they are only iPhone6 shots. I've noticed a lot of "pinstadium off" shots look extremely dark, morso than in person so I tried to expose the off shot to look closer to what the eye actually sees. Also notice how much of the DMD and back glass reflection is gone with the lights on!!! This may eliminate the need for invisiglass, but perhaps the combination would be even better.

I'm Very happy with the Pinstadium. What I'd like to see if possible is : on the app's stored custom presets, add the white brightness level. Currently it only saves the color levels.

Also I wonder if there is any way to alter the flash levels? I find them a bit intense. Perhaps on the next version? I have my flashers attached to the left lighting bolt.

I guess I could always add some neutral density material to cover the flashers?

Lights OffLights Off
Warm balanceWarm balance
Cool balancedCool balanced

4 weeks later
#1052 6 years ago

Hate to say this but I was playing JJPotc today and thought it really could benefit from pinstadium lighting.

#1088 6 years ago

Interesting to see the lights on a Dialed In, a game I really didn't think needed them. Now Pirates on the other hand really needs them (after seeing the game in person)

Scott has gotten really good at taking "off" pictures that match what the game looks like in real life, but it seems people are commenting that some people off /before pictures are too dark. So if you're going to post pics, please do the Pinstadium and Scott justice by adjusting your exposure so that the pics on and off, represent to your eye the brightness of the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 218.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=Vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.