(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4013 5 years ago

Ok saw these in person here at TPF and talked to Scott , about to order some , I know it’s in here somewhere but anyone have theee on a no good golfers ? Wondering how they look with the ramps .

Congrats on the twipy

#4015 5 years ago

Great thanks ! Looks good , and that translite is a piece of art from a guy in Florida I have the painting

I like the idea of the Hover .. hopefully it will be less than $40 so that’s it’s worth ordering now ?

#4018 5 years ago

What’s the consensus on UV lights best for all machines or would for example red look better on maiden ? Star Wars ?

I think for my more colorfully games for sure NGG, Simpson’s and Met

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

When did you switch to a fixed product? I recall looking at these last year for my woz and there were tons of options to choose from. It makes sense to help lower prices on your end. Just curious.

Last night LOL when I went to order I was like hmm. I was considering doing a couple without the flashers but I guess that would have been a dumb move hahaha!

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think you will be VERY pleased with the results!!

Yes I have no doubt, I kept coming back to your booth to play the games and it made such a difference. It will be l little bit before I can try them out as we are moving to a new home next month, but the good news is it has an amazing walk out basement for the pins

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Oh great so you did get to play it and saw it. That explains the confidence with your quick order for BTTF lol. Sounds like you are getting some upgrades with a walk out basement, so nice!!!

Actually it's the other guy that bought back to the future, I got several. I chatted with you for a bit after some guy bought like 5 of them and then later when I asked you about hover I am about to send you an e-mail as I just looked at No Good Gofers and it needs the adapter, or if its on Amazon I can get it there.

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Another game during TPF that we kept getting comments on was the Jack*Bot. Those that have it - I recommend tying the flasher UV to the flasher under Jack's visor in the middle of the playfield. Made one hell of a difference.

Yes that one looked amazing! Honestly the pin stadiums made all the games art look better I was very impressed.

I am going to need advice on where to tie my flashers in ...

No Good Gofers
Stern SW
Metallica(clearly sparky insert)
Maiden
TSPP

#4041 5 years ago

Thanks Scott I cant wait to hook them up, I am also convinced you have written a bot to respond to pinside and email because you are so on top of things LOL

1 month later
#4381 4 years ago

So looking for advice on No Good Gofers .. these flashers are really in the way can’t install the pinstadiums easily . I know someone did one. .

B2B0889C-0A2E-4CEF-BD08-936719EEDF71 (resized).jpegB2B0889C-0A2E-4CEF-BD08-936719EEDF71 (resized).jpegFC40772E-3733-4E84-8AD7-59CCE7149B1A (resized).jpegFC40772E-3733-4E84-8AD7-59CCE7149B1A (resized).jpeg
#4383 4 years ago

It is fairly flush , those plastics go to the top edge . I think they would fit better without the invishield. I’ll look at it more tomorrow and contact you.

#4394 4 years ago

Success .. had to apply the magma mounts first but all is good !

33AAB23E-6C07-47C7-98FD-048B282CCC4C (resized).jpeg33AAB23E-6C07-47C7-98FD-048B282CCC4C (resized).jpegA2167AA1-1BD9-4AC2-BE5A-8BC2D764157B (resized).jpegA2167AA1-1BD9-4AC2-BE5A-8BC2D764157B (resized).jpeg
#4396 4 years ago

Hey Steve , actually I bought several when he had a sale after I saw them in person at TPF .. NGG was a Mounting challenge. They make quite the difference . The flashers are pretty i intense but I dig them , but the main thing is lighting up that play field .

3 weeks later
#4545 4 years ago

Will Blur require hover? That is the most intriguing to me. Hover is great but since I already have them mounted not worth the extra for now

#4547 4 years ago

Seeing the reflections is probably my one knock on them...so would love the blur. Its just hurting my pocketbook LOL

#4568 4 years ago

Will hovers come as default with new stadiums or they will come with magnamounts and you buy hover separate ?

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just saw your order come in and yes we could remount and clean that area so they will get a good bond. But now you are heading to the next level with the Hovers.
Also, yes there are tons of places to mount them on any machine and particularly ST!! Thanks for your order and I’m excited for you to get these in your hands.
I have had a few very excited customers ask for me to send their Hovers right away when they are ready which I will, but they are going out in the order received. I can’t jump the line
The line is getting rather large now but no worries I can handle it. Thanks again everyone for being so supportive.
If anyone is own the fence about Hovers, don’t be. You will never go back once you get them.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

I have one set left, and two games BKLE and MET Prem..the Met seems lit pretty well so thinking of doing BKLE...but now should I go hover? But then I need to wait

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Are you going to offer USPS shipping again? 24 bucks to get 3 hovers is high in my opinion

Did you put your state and zip in?

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That's good to know!!

Yes I had the same issue .. I was able to get it closed but it was a very tight fit .. could use an extension.

#4773 4 years ago

darn it now I have to consider this LOL

1 week later
#4878 4 years ago

I was bummed that I didn’t wait for the discount and then realized I got a 10% lol . So no big .

#4889 4 years ago

I was gonna get one more set but I fell asleep last night lol next time I guess!

#4893 4 years ago

I think there should be a 4th July sale since these things are like fireworks for your machine !

#4896 4 years ago

How do you typically hook up your flashers? I think I may have shorted one with the alligator clips, which in turn has damaged some transistors Could also be coincidence

#4898 4 years ago

That is how I did its nice picture by the way how to do you make all these !

I can only guess somehow they touched? Maybe it was a total coincidence. Anyhow I disconnected them for now until I get it fixed. I do find sometimes the shrink tubing can make hit hard to clip in . It was defienlty hooked up to the flasher for the sparky insert and not a coil.

#4900 4 years ago

yes I am guessing it touched the base, lesson learned I guess. Wish is just blew the fuse but for whatever reason seems like more damage was done

#4902 4 years ago

Yea I am quite confident its the transistor. Deciding if I should take on the repair myself, have a pro coming Monday. My sparky also locked on, but I think i twas a coincidence as I have read that can happen when the play field is lifted.

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Very rarely does this happen but when things are touching you never know. But the transistor is less than $2 to replace. You will need to pull the board out and desolder the old and then put the new one in.
Always remember that the alligator clips are for those that want an easy simple semi-permanent connection they can remove if they sell or trade the machine. They can then easily move it to another machine. You can always snip the clips off and solder it permanently. I hope this helps.

Yes, I may indeed solder them once I am happy with the locations just to be safe. What about wiretaps for a future option? Just a thought.

Anyhow I think that there may have been two unrelated events as the sparky seems to be a known issue! Lots of people have had them fry when opening the coin door and then turning the game on, even some had some flashers stay on! So I do believe I shorted the flasher as it wasn't working when I tested the game and then the fuse blew, but the other stuff may have been me working on that game oh well.

I already have the transistors ordered and the new "and apparently Improved sparky coil" ordered. But deciding if I will tackle the transistors myself as my soldering skills are average at best right now getting better

Adam

#4907 4 years ago

Yes indeed maybe ... though I guess in theory had I never messed with the game the unrelated event likely wouldn’t not have happened lol

1 month later
#5015 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Pin Stadium just arrived at Pinburgh. Getting ready for the big day tomorrow l!![quoted image]

Pinburgh coupon code ?

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I do not have any skin in this game, as I have never bought one of your products, but have seen them around. I personally do not like the reflection from the light strip (candy stripe) that you get on the sides of the game or on the playfield with PinStadium kits.
That being said, I do like accuracy. And I would want an accurate depiction of a game for comparing your product.
Below is the MET picture (1st pic) which you had posted and people commented on, and below that (2nd), a picture of my Metallica with only the playfield GI on in my darkened game room, with no inserts lit.
It does not even compare to the picture you posted. The center of mine is much brighter. It actually looks like some of the GI is out on your game, or the spots are missing bulbs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours is a pro ... has more white GI maybe .. tell you what gonna do do this now on iPhone standard settings .

#5196 4 years ago
8D2EB3D3-3044-4443-98D5-42F7BC9569EE (resized).jpeg8D2EB3D3-3044-4443-98D5-42F7BC9569EE (resized).jpegDE60E5AB-DCB6-4278-B2CC-E6A82F2D0E24 (resized).jpegDE60E5AB-DCB6-4278-B2CC-E6A82F2D0E24 (resized).jpeg
#5197 4 years ago

There you go .. I will say off all my machines Metallica needs it the least .

#5200 4 years ago

I will admit makes a bigger improvement in person . I do look forward to the blur as the one thing I don’t love is the reflections.

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’d definitely throw mirror blades in too if not for the CD blades in mine. Your MET looks great with mirrors.

Thanks ! I wasn’t in love with the art that was out there so I went mirror .. came out great. I have modded the heck out of this thing had it for like 6 years .

I may move these to my black knight when I get my hovers as Met is pretty bright as is .

I will admit I wish pricing was better on these not sure the cost to make . But Scott can charge whatever he wants no one has to buy them or read this thread for that matter . I was sold on these after seeing them in person at TPF not pictures .

1 month later
#5429 4 years ago

Question what’s COB?

Also he is still working on blue for the colored version but it’s trickier he said .

1 week later
#5451 4 years ago

Got my omegas any advice on where to hook up on BKLE?

#5454 4 years ago

Omegas on BKLE.. this is at 40% .. all my games have pinstadiums !

EC07A23C-E78E-4AA0-B550-9D2C698E4334 (resized).jpegEC07A23C-E78E-4AA0-B550-9D2C698E4334 (resized).jpeg29A85485-CC88-474D-BE71-C0CF1E8CF77B (resized).jpeg29A85485-CC88-474D-BE71-C0CF1E8CF77B (resized).jpeg03B41EE1-35AE-4954-811D-E5B5F7E85668 (resized).jpeg03B41EE1-35AE-4954-811D-E5B5F7E85668 (resized).jpeg
#5457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Wow the Omegas with the BLUR really look nice on that machine! Thanks for posting this up.
You are the first of many customer just now taking delivery of them. Thanks for posting this up and I am glad you are loving them!!
You have a beautiful collection by the way. Wow!!

Thanks ! I really think they work good on this game because of the big metal ramp . My review is they don’t make the colors pop quite as much as the normal ones ... but the blur really gets rid of that candy stripe which and nicely spreads the light , a worthy trade off for sure and the warm light fits the retro style well .

4 months later
#5851 4 years ago

Meant to post these, helped my buddy install a set on his GNR. Before and After and this is with some daylight !

IMG_3382 (resized).jpegIMG_3382 (resized).jpegIMG_3383 (resized).jpegIMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
#5852 4 years ago

Also I see they are sold out, and I am full anyways right now. But do the new Artistic editions eliminate the candy stripe or not?

2 weeks later
#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

This post reminded me that I haven't posted yet about how great Scott's customer service is. He has always gone above and beyond to fix the minor issues I've had with my sets of Pinstadiums (mostly self-inflicted damage) and I swear the guy works 24x7x365.

He def must be highly caffeinated or something hahaha

1 week later
#5977 4 years ago

It was me who got the hyperbeams ! Haha They arrived today !

Need a suggestion on where to hook the flasher on on Cirqus Voltaire .. I am thinking something tide into the high wire ramp or the volts.

I will get pics of them for everyone .. will need to do a temporary install as I am going to put on side art

#5986 4 years ago

Hyper beams on CV .. photos don’t really do it justice as the camera seems to have a hard time picking up this purplish color . I ended up going with the ring 3 flasher not sure if that’s where I will land or not .

9E506DAA-FBCD-420D-B2B7-B9C732677046 (resized).jpeg9E506DAA-FBCD-420D-B2B7-B9C732677046 (resized).jpeg137FAC7D-9542-45DF-92F7-0B4A095B88FA (resized).jpeg137FAC7D-9542-45DF-92F7-0B4A095B88FA (resized).jpeg
#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Any current coupon codes? Thinking about buying a set for my Wonka LE I just got. (My first pin.)

I will PM you

4 months later
#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

$670 in Canada for the Neo Fusion seems insane. Your product lineup is incredibly confusing. Do you offer standard lighting (No RGB, no wifi) with the "Photon fuser" (aka light diffuser)?

Looks at his Omega, NO RGB and Blur..they all have WIFI.

#6272 3 years ago

I don't really think there is anything confusing about the product lineup. Would I like to see some of these features as standard, yes. Would I like to pay less, yes. Do I think this would be possible while still making a profit, no idea but I guess yes.

With all that said, Scott makes a good product and provides GREAT service!

We can choose to buy it or not. If someone can make it as good or better and cheaper then nothing is stopping them I don't think?

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I have many sets of Fusions and Pin Stadiums, also an Orions Belt. Can I get some kind of trade in value towards these new Fusions?

Believe me I would love this too, I think if I really want them I bet the re-sale value of my pinstadiums would be decent. All I really care about is adding the BLUR.

Scott please I will buy whatever material you use and get it in there myself somehow hahahah .

#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes I just saw your emailed and replied about if the BLUR could be added. The BLUR is not compatible with the original Pin Stadium lights. I’ve been working for a couple years trying to perfect it as an add-on, however the BLUR diffuser made it worse on normal Pin Stadiums when I attempted the retrofit. Surprisingly it actually widened the stripe issue and made it more apparent due to refracting light characteristics.
As a result I had to completely redesign a new product and can tell you without a doubt the NEO product line is the answer for this.

Yep I figured as much and thanks for your reply Only thing you have left to do is make these completely invisible! hahahahaha

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On a lighter note as Scott knows I think he and his products are awesome (even the robots!) I was in the arcade (basement) the other night with friends and while waiting my turn (I suck at pinball) I tried to decide what were the Top 3 games that are truly transformative with the PinStadium setup.
My conclusion
1. Deadpool LE. Absolutely an incredible pairing. The comic art and color pallet on this game almost explode in a 3D perspective at ever angle. Granted I will admit these are the Hyperbeam Artist series so not sure if that gives it extra pop but that game is completely a must have for these lights!
2. Star Wars LE. Same as above but with more emphasis on the UV flash added factor for a sensational space effect of lasers and explosions. Just love this game with the PS lighting for a true space adventure.
3. Have to go with WOZ. While BM66LE is close WOZ never really shines its true potential since you really can’t See most of the fine detail and art they put into this game! With the light added glow over the Playfield this game truly is displayed as I feel it should have been from the factory. Especially when that witch dies.
Yes, some games are fitting to be played dark and ominous (like Alien) but some games like the ones above are the definition of where this product shines. Plus Scott’s a pretty nice guy. Lol
What are Your top 3? Always looking for advise!

I will add TSPP, the artwork on it seemed a bit bland but when the pinstadiums were added it really popped!

1 week later
#6319 3 years ago

Got my bro’s need
To install them on TMNT anyone
Find a good spot for the flasher ?

#6324 3 years ago

Turtles before and after NEOs

4CB5F556-32A2-495A-8653-28CB712CAFFF (resized).jpeg4CB5F556-32A2-495A-8653-28CB712CAFFF (resized).jpeg0617E6C2-4813-4F23-B7F3-C4D1EF395650 (resized).jpeg0617E6C2-4813-4F23-B7F3-C4D1EF395650 (resized).jpeg
#6326 3 years ago

Yeah it does appear more well lit than it really is . I have also
Tweaked the neos more . If you like pinstadiums then the neos are the way to go love the blur etc .

2 months later
#6450 3 years ago

Before and after on avengers ... game is solid in its own but for me I prefer the even lightly of the pinstadiums .

Neos

251C186D-9D56-41A8-A7CD-B62D11B1D376 (resized).jpeg251C186D-9D56-41A8-A7CD-B62D11B1D376 (resized).jpeg25CA5CB2-A232-4124-9D41-BB28F3E48825 (resized).jpeg25CA5CB2-A232-4124-9D41-BB28F3E48825 (resized).jpeg
#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

When you get a second, let us know where you ended up triggering the Pin Stadium UV+Glow flasher from on your Stern Avengers Infinity War.

VUK flasher for now .

1 year later
#7095 2 years ago

What's the turnaround time in these now , ordered a new set of neos

#7100 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am about 2-3 weeks out on orders as I got completely slammed and wiped out from Expo due to the fact that everyone got to see them in person and the hype was real. Crazy insane show and I will be working around the clock to get these filled. Thanks everyone for the support, it was overwhelming in a great way and it was nice to demonstrate in person instead of pics and videos. It's even better when you play on the machine, so hard to capture with devices. Human eyes rule!!

Ahh bummer, Godzilla is in serious need of some light LOL. I could shift the over from another game I guess in the meantime

#7102 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes if anybody’s considering ordering these I would suggest placing an order sooner than later. Ever since the show it’s been extremely busy since the Neos were witnessed in person. Just a heads up and until I get caught up the wait could get longer. Just depends on how fast I can move. Waiting definitely will not speed it up if you know what I’m saying. I will process the orders in the order they were received.
[quoted image]

Nice! You should include that decal in my order LOL.

I just went with the standard NEOs I am afraid if I get the Ultra+ then I will need to order more hahah. You should send me them instead, like a drug dealer

#7105 2 years ago

I like the one on the left, too bright on the right.

LOL JK man

By the way this is Mandelbloom I changed my name on here because hey why not Mando was available and it kinda matches my name, own plenty of your pinstadiums and I know we have gone back and forth a few times on things

#7112 2 years ago

Those mounts are great wish you could make them for all machines. If I have on complaint it's the mounting , my magnet strips seem to fail over time and I see you don't even sell those others ones anymore.

#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am working on Xeno Mounts which you will be able to upgrade to on all of your machines. The Hovers are no longer sold as they will be replaced with these. The Xeno Mounts are superior all the way around and are in development/testing as we speak. So no worries when they are ready I will definitely post up here and any kit you own you will be able to upgrade to them. I had them being tested on several of the machines at Expo in the booth.
In the meantime if you are having any adhesion issues:
Make sure you are using the black adhesive cable clamps on the backboard(they offer needed support) and have enough slack between the clamp and where the ribbon cable(this is vital) goes into the light bar. These are vital to a solid mounting.
Also during the initial install when the Magna-Mounts are installed, it’s important to press the cabinet side mount VERY firmly with your thumb (lightbar off of course) up and down the entire length of the mount. Stand on the opposite side of the machine when pressing on the mount so you can get optimal pressure with your thumb. Keep in mind that you have 48 hours before they fully cure(once you pull the backing off the mount) to do this and it’s required for a solid bond to the cabinet. When you do this “firmly” it should almost hurt your thumb is how firm I am saying this . You should be good to go then. This is especially important on machines with vinyl side art.
One of the main causes for the issues you are referring to is forgetting to remove the lights from the Magna-Mount when raising the playfield. Once that bond it broken or loosened, then it will be not go back to how it was and the mount will need to be replaced.
The good news is that I do sell these separately on the website if you need to re-mount them again and that should resolve the issue for you. Here is the link: https://pinstadium.com/product/hd-magna-mounts/
I hope this helps!!!

Yes I have a few extra sets of mounts, the biggest issue seems to be with the stern side art I clean it well and press hard but eventually it just seems to fail. New mounds sound good you are on the right track with the Hovers but I think they needed a better way to attach. Happy to test the new ones for you I have a set of neos on order.

Adam Mandelbloom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=Mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.