(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No
Yes
You will have to live with the default settings though. Cannot change the colors or brightness.

Default mode on mine was 7 color jump. That’d be annoying long term

I am sure you could borrow a buddy’s phone for 5 minutes to help you configure the GI to something you’ll be happy with and lock it in.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

I was thinking about these for games on location is why I ask.
Can anybody with a cell phone down load the app and then change the settings on them in a public location?

If you left the Wifi on the Pin Stadiums unprotected, then anybody with the app could potentially connect and change the settings. You can set a password on initial setup, then lock in your settings and leave it be.

4 months later
#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Today is the last day for YEGPin http://www.yegpin.com , be sure to go check out Tommy at Nitro Pinball http://www.nitropinball.com He has Pin Stadiums with the GI Module and UV+Glow in stock today at the show!!!
We also sponsored this event and did a Pin Stadium prize giveaway, who is going to win this??
yegpin flipperfreak joshodbrown zmeny kevinbuffalo

Funny story, and since I am a 3-hour drive from Edmonton now and Jeff Teolis can't beat me up with his buttery smooth voice... I think it is safe to share.

I was helping out at the Nitro Pinball booth on Sunday and someone asked how the Pin Stadium lights work with the app. The Houdini that Nitro brought to the show had a set installed. I hadn't configured that particular set of lights up in my app before this, but attempted to connect to them via wifi, and I connected to the first generic "LED" named network I saw pop up. I hit the on/off switch in the app a few times... and no response, changed the colors, no change.... disconnected and reconnected on the wifi, on and off repeatedly again a few times... no change on Houdini.... hmmm.

Then it dawned on me that there were a couple other machines at the show with Pin Stadiums! Well, it turned out that I had inadvertently connected to the F-14 Tomcat across the venue that was being used in the A division playoff tournament... OOOPS! I am not certain if anyone was playing the game at that particular moment, as I didn't hear of any fallout from the lights going on and off. Just a good reminder to make sure to secure your Wifi on them when you set them up the first time, especially if you use them in a tournament machine. At least the other game in the tournament (High Speed) had its wifi secured and labeled.

On another note, the guy we were going to demo Houdini to ended up buying 3 sets of Pin Stadiums in the end!!

1 week later
#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Don’t know if you have seen the new light show in the recently released Star Wars code. Wow. Timed with the music and really shows off what the Pin Stadium flashers can do. Like they created it with the Stadiums in mind.

Yes! The gameover light show looks sweet now and makes good use of the flashers.

#2065 5 years ago

Wow, I just did Jedi Multiball on Star Wars with the UV glow and the effect was amazing. I’ve done the Jedi multi ball a few months back, and I think it was when I had the pin stadiums but I don’t remember it looking this cool, so I am thinking Dwight updated the light show in the latest versions to make better use the flashers. I was screaming for my wife to come check it out and she just missed it. Not sure when I’ll have another great game like that again. Just wow!

1 month later
#2353 5 years ago

Anyone installed a set on Pin Bot yet? Would be interested to see pics

2 months later
#2923 5 years ago

The new product seems great! When I got Pin Stadiums last year, I couldn't stop thinking that the flashers would be so much cooler if they they were integrated a little more deeply, as in multiple triggers, and color customization... Orion's Belt is exactly what I had in mind.

I will admit when I had heard the name Orion's Belt earlier this year, I really thought it was going to be something that extended down to the bottom of the playfield through the trough area, and across the very back.. hence the 'Belt'.

10 months later
#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thankfully? I'd rather see that thread then this spamfest continue.

I see this thread as more of a support thread. A few people moan about this thread as spam, an easy solution is to drain it. Super easy, takes you a few seconds. Problem solved. Right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.