(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,226 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hulkbuster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2591 5 years ago

I needed to post a review of these lights.

I have The Simpson’s Pinball Party that I purchased NIB in 2010. I recently had it updated with LED lights, headphone jack, and Stern Invisiglass by my local pinball store (Little Shop of Games). Big improvements on a great game. It looks better than new.

I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. Installation of TSPP was extremely easy. I was a little timid at first (I hadn’t ever lifted the playfield prior to this install). I followed the instructions on the pinstadium.com website. I connected the flasher clips to the nuclear reactor bumper lights per recommendations in this forum thread. Connection to the app was simple. (Install time:20 min)

Result: Insanely good! The lights make the playfield pop and make the playing experience better. I didn’t realize how dark the playfield was (even with the recent LED and the new glass). So much better.

Wow wow wow. Pictures do not do it justice. If you are on the fence about buying these - buy them. You will not be disappointed.

(Coming soon: experience with adding Pinstadium to AFMLE)

17A29523-83D0-4D05-8A3D-49650D1FD0FE (resized).jpeg17A29523-83D0-4D05-8A3D-49650D1FD0FE (resized).jpeg2B19C8B7-46A5-48A1-95BE-B7806864AB9C (resized).jpeg2B19C8B7-46A5-48A1-95BE-B7806864AB9C (resized).jpeg8388363D-A4C5-4938-B428-470B95842AB7 (resized).jpeg8388363D-A4C5-4938-B428-470B95842AB7 (resized).jpeg
#2595 5 years ago

I purchased NIB Attack from Mars-LE and added Invisiglass. I am absolutely loving this pin. This is my second experience with Pinstadium lights (see TSPP).

I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. My installation was not as easy for AFMLE. I, however, learned something maybe even more impressive than the Pinstadium lights... the service that Scott from Pinstadium provides.

Chicago Gaming Co wiring on the AFMr series is much more complicated than the older Stern game. The pinstadium.com installation instructions did not give a novice like me enough information to install. I mined this forum thread and found some recommendations of where to place the flasher (Saucer Dome). The wire junction had many colors and the “test “ menu said the light cables are: “BLU-VIO RED-WHT”, but there is no white wire in the junction. I stuck the accessory connectors to the BLUe and the VIOlet holes (wrong) and the GI clips to GI wires (poorly). Connection to the app was easy.

Result: bright blue UV light with no control of brightness on the app. Looks good, but I know from my Simpson’s Pinball Party what it is supposed to look like.

I emailed Pinstadium and had a response in less than ONE MINUTE! On a Saturday afternoon. (What?!?) A few emails back and forth with Scott. I could not figure it out. Scott calls me on my cell phone. While on speakerphone he talked me through correct steps.

Mistake: Flasher pin connected to BLU and VIO wire to keep UV on constantly.
Solution: Flasher pin connector should be stuck in VIOlet and YELLOW.

Mistake: GI clips not connecting to GI wire well - did not connect, so no app control of the brightness/color.
Solution: Remove (unscrew) GI light from under playfield and pull out Bulb. Stick bent GI connector pins into holes and replace bulb in same holes. Very secure.

It worked. Scott immediately updated the Pinstadium website to include these instructions in detail. The reason I knew he did it immediately is because he texted me. All of this within 20 minutes of my first email..on a Saturday (What?!?)
Incredible service.

Result: WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
This game needs Pinstadium lights. The middle of the playfield was very dark and now looks brilliant. I had been told that the lights might be “too much” with the mirror blades...NOPE, it is a great combination.

The UV blast corresponding with the saucer dome is AWESOME. Hitting the saucer shot with the shaker and the Pinstadium UV blast is a big improvement in an already fun experience in a great pinball game. So much fun.

I cannot say enough about the beautiful results and the impressive level of service.

I said it in my last post, but if you are on the fence about buying these...buy them. Worth every penny. If you have an AFM, you need them.

(In the pictures below: the first is without the lights on, the next is with GI on, and the next is what happens when you hit the saucer - note the light in the dome and the UV effect over the whole field)

15733BB3-A221-4DB0-9F8D-56F207E90840 (resized).jpeg15733BB3-A221-4DB0-9F8D-56F207E90840 (resized).jpeg2F8A94C3-961A-43D3-87D8-C7569ADBD654 (resized).jpeg2F8A94C3-961A-43D3-87D8-C7569ADBD654 (resized).jpegA4108889-5D3A-4CF9-8989-B0B62818E63E (resized).jpegA4108889-5D3A-4CF9-8989-B0B62818E63E (resized).jpeg
#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

Hey, watch it. You called my original AFM a Stern game. LOL. So, I too have the PS lites on my original Mars, but don't have the flasher connection on the ship. Is this connection illustrated on another post in this thread? So many pages on this topic! And yup, that customer service from Scott is phenomenal.

I was referencing my previous post about my previous Pinstadium installation on The Simpson’s Pinball Party which is an older Stern game.

I was not comparing my AFMr to an older AFM.

Just a clarification.

The UV connection on the saucer is awesome- highly recommended. Enjoy.

3 months later
#3532 5 years ago

I purchased Pinstadium with UV for my Simpson’s Pinball Party and Attack from Mars LE. Easy GI connection and followed recommendations for UV flasher connection. I love them so much.

I just received the Pinstadium/UV and Orion’s Belt for my Deadpool LE. I see all of the flashers listed and numbered on earlier posts, but no recommendations for each connection (one for UV flasher and 4 for OB).

I am hoping an incredible light show.

Where is the recommended connections for the UV on the Pinstadium?
Where are the recommended flasher connections for the 4 Orion’s Belt lines?
What color choices look good with each?

I know there are future plans for sharing recommendations in the Pinstadium application. What do I do now? So many choices and I am a bit overwhelmed.

Please help!

3 years later
#7595 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great question and happy to help!! Glad you asked this, as this is a perfect example of lighting and how the eye sees it along with how the player realizes the factory lighting is not sufficient (see below). With digital cameras and the advancements of phones with their large apertures for dark night shots along with onboard chips for instant post processing, you are definitely going to get enhanced dark and light areas especially in dark room that appear nothing like how you would see it in person, totally agree. The electronic camera eye is going to over or under compensate with good intentions but unrealistic results. It's always going to be like that and has been a common question that needs to explained in detail.
This picture to the untrained eye would definitely appear to be factory original bright. As mentioned above, someone realized how dark it was from the factory and installed quadrupled the amount of additional spotlights (4x) in an attempt to offset the dark areas and focused them into the very troublesome dark center of the playfield at different angles to compensate for the light coverage that the other added spotlights could not effectively cover.
When you install spotlights it's a rather involved process to solder and/or install them through the factory playfield wiring from underneath to the top. It's a mess of wires and as you will soon see one set up wires turns into many. You will end up chasing your tail when attempting this hack(believe I used to do the same thing prior to Pin Stadiums so I totally relate to the person who attempted this). Brings me back to the old days for sure.
Once you get the first spotlight is installed, you will start to see what is known as a "hotspot", which means the surrounding areas around the spotlight (which are still very dark) starts to appear worse due to the relative contrast of the drastic bright to dark sections. In addition the light throw distance of the LED bulb from the spotlight only goes a few inches out then drops off significantly. Then once the first spotlight is installed you realize this never ending process of
what I like to call "Chasing the Dark" begins and now you need to try to balance it out continually up and down and left and right of the playfield until you reach the ends.
Keep in mind that "spot"lights are called this intentionally by name since they only light up a "spot" of the playfield. Think of a spotlight used on a stage at a concert or arena to focus on the presenter or active participant. Part of the spotlight design is to add the 45 degree reflective dome around it in order to attempt to try to focus the small amount of light one LED can produce. By default, the heavy shadow edges created on the playfield from the dome surrounding that bulb define the dark areas even more. You will see that they are also there to shield the light from player's eyes to try to prevent a distracting lighting event or to stop reflections from objects surrounding them or even worse they can reflect of the screen of the backglass into your eyes.
A perfect example of this known issue is that some of the manufacturers try to angle to speaker box and screen panel to try to offset this. This is why in the picture of the "black" circled added lights you will see that they are purposely turned so that they will not hit the player in the face.
Also back to the electronic eyes on phone cameras.......
They all will try to auto adjust lighting using "good intentioned" algorithms. You can see in the "light blue" circles that the phone or user turned up the exposure excessively to brighten the still remaining dark spots. What happens is this makes the lights and entire playfield appear foggy and washed out with bright stark white hazy unrecognizable halos in many sections. You are going to get this with every camera but in this pic it's going to be much more pronounced.
In person those lights don't look distracting whatsoever and if they did you would need to install a shield (like the spotlight) around those too, but you would then not be able to see the light or it would block visibility of the ball. This would also ruin the point of the indicator lamp from the factory. The camera in this pic is picking up on those additions of the 4x spotlights and is over compensating to try to match everything else in the focal point of the picture to a balanced medium, which does not do well and is not realistic. The level of over compensating can be determined by how much brighter the hot spots in the light blue circles are in comparison to real life visual scenarios. A noticeable difference too is the "Translight Reflection" section that the camera is picking up on. You can see it's still there because the playfield under the glass is darker than the backbox. In the picture it does not seem significant but if it's showing up then it goes back to the scenario of how much bright the light blue circles really are and the phone camera is still seeing them, which means in person it's noticeable. That is due to the darker sections that are not balanced from the spotlights. Four spotlights means 4 tiny white bulbs with a job bigger than they could ever handle.
The solution plain and simple is the Neo Atom lights, they offer full playfield coverage and stealth factory appearance mounting. Dual light bars down the entire length of the playfield to eliminate dark spots, hot spots, shadows, and glass/translite reflections. They come with the Invisi-Shield to keep the light on playfield and not in your eyes. Also they sync with the factory light show(fading, dimming, flashing, on/off etc) with precision. Combine that with their ability to generate their own Wifi signal so you can adjust the desired brightness and colors to your liking. The key to getting the artwork to pop with deep, rich, bold effects is to dial in the lights of the dominate color of the graphics of the playfield using the app.
I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing and to answer your questions. I am sure this is a something many others have wondered about also and this was a great opportunity to go into detail regarding the science and design behind the creation of the Pin Stadium product lines. I would be happy to jump on a call with you too to discuss this in further detail if you want to email me and or PM here.
Here is the link to purchase or for more information on the Neo Atoms:
https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/
Attached is "Before" original factory Godzilla LE and "After" the Neo Atoms install!! The camera will never accurately show what you will experience in person. Once the Neo Atoms have been seen in person, it is worth it's weight in gold. I encourage you to see what others are seeing after the install and know that satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from pinstadium:

Great question and happy to help!! Glad you asked this, as this is a perfect example of lighting and how the eye sees it along with how the player realizes the factory lighting is not sufficient (see below). With digital cameras and the advancements of phones with their large apertures for dark night shots along with onboard chips for instant post processing, you are definitely going to get enhanced dark and light areas especially in dark room that appear nothing like how you would see it in person, totally agree. The electronic camera eye is going to over or under compensate with good intentions but unrealistic results. It's always going to be like that and has been a common question that needs to explained in detail.
This picture to the untrained eye would definitely appear to be factory original bright. As mentioned above, someone realized how dark it was from the factory and installed quadrupled the amount of additional spotlights (4x) in an attempt to offset the dark areas and focused them into the very troublesome dark center of the playfield at different angles to compensate for the light coverage that the other added spotlights could not effectively cover.
When you install spotlights it's a rather involved process to solder and/or install them through the factory playfield wiring from underneath to the top. It's a mess of wires and as you will soon see one set up wires turns into many. You will end up chasing your tail when attempting this hack(believe I used to do the same thing prior to Pin Stadiums so I totally relate to the person who attempted this). Brings me back to the old days for sure.
Once you get the first spotlight is installed, you will start to see what is known as a "hotspot", which means the surrounding areas around the spotlight (which are still very dark) starts to appear worse due to the relative contrast of the drastic bright to dark sections. In addition the light throw distance of the LED bulb from the spotlight only goes a few inches out then drops off significantly. Then once the first spotlight is installed you realize this never ending process of
what I like to call "Chasing the Dark" begins and now you need to try to balance it out continually up and down and left and right of the playfield until you reach the ends.
Keep in mind that "spot"lights are called this intentionally by name since they only light up a "spot" of the playfield. Think of a spotlight used on a stage at a concert or arena to focus on the presenter or active participant. Part of the spotlight design is to add the 45 degree reflective dome around it in order to attempt to try to focus the small amount of light one LED can produce. By default, the heavy shadow edges created on the playfield from the dome surrounding that bulb define the dark areas even more. You will see that they are also there to shield the light from player's eyes to try to prevent a distracting lighting event or to stop reflections from objects surrounding them or even worse they can reflect of the screen of the backglass into your eyes.
A perfect example of this known issue is that some of the manufacturers try to angle to speaker box and screen panel to try to offset this. This is why in the picture of the "black" circled added lights you will see that they are purposely turned so that they will not hit the player in the face.
Also back to the electronic eyes on phone cameras.......
They all will try to auto adjust lighting using "good intentioned" algorithms. You can see in the "light blue" circles that the phone or user turned up the exposure excessively to brighten the still remaining dark spots. What happens is this makes the lights and entire playfield appear foggy and washed out with bright stark white hazy unrecognizable halos in many sections. You are going to get this with every camera but in this pic it's going to be much more pronounced.
In person those lights don't look distracting whatsoever and if they did you would need to install a shield (like the spotlight) around those too, but you would then not be able to see the light or it would block visibility of the ball. This would also ruin the point of the indicator lamp from the factory. The camera in this pic is picking up on those additions of the 4x spotlights and is over compensating to try to match everything else in the focal point of the picture to a balanced medium, which does not do well and is not realistic. The level of over compensating can be determined by how much brighter the hot spots in the light blue circles are in comparison to real life visual scenarios. A noticeable difference too is the "Translight Reflection" section that the camera is picking up on. You can see it's still there because the playfield under the glass is darker than the backbox. In the picture it does not seem significant but if it's showing up then it goes back to the scenario of how much bright the light blue circles really are and the phone camera is still seeing them, which means in person it's noticeable. That is due to the darker sections that are not balanced from the spotlights. Four spotlights means 4 tiny white bulbs with a job bigger than they could ever handle.
The solution plain and simple is the Neo Atom lights, they offer full playfield coverage and stealth factory appearance mounting. Dual light bars down the entire length of the playfield to eliminate dark spots, hot spots, shadows, and glass/translite reflections. They come with the Invisi-Shield to keep the light on playfield and not in your eyes. Also they sync with the factory light show(fading, dimming, flashing, on/off etc) with precision. Combine that with their ability to generate their own Wifi signal so you can adjust the desired brightness and colors to your liking. The key to getting the artwork to pop with deep, rich, bold effects is to dial in the lights of the dominate color of the graphics of the playfield using the app.
I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing and to answer your questions. I am sure this is a something many others have wondered about also and this was a great opportunity to go into detail regarding the science and design behind the creation of the Pin Stadium product lines. I would be happy to jump on a call with you too to discuss this in further detail if you want to email me and or PM here.
Here is the link to purchase or for more information on the Neo Atoms:
https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/
Attached is "Before" original factory Godzilla LE and "After" the Neo Atoms install!! The camera will never accurately show what you will experience in person. Once the Neo Atoms have been seen in person, it is worth it's weight in gold. I encourage you to see what others are seeing after the install and know that satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is what you call a smack down. You did not have to address this bozo trying to discredit you and your product, but I enjoyed that you did. Anyone who has tried your product would know how well your product works. Thanks for making such a great product, keep innovating and improving it, and having a passion for quality customer service. My pinball collection thanks you. I do wish it were cheaper but you deserve every penny. Kudos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 218.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hulkbuster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=Hulkbuster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.