(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,222 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorgar123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you for your order, I saw it come in earlier today. You are going to be very pleased with the results and also with your AC/DC too. Looking forward to the before and afters on both of those!

That was me.

My game room is pretty dark, so the fact that the brightness levels are totally adjustable and can be tailored to the specific game and room conditions is what really sold me.

Can't wait to get it and I will definitely post some before and after shots.

1 month later
#371 6 years ago

Looks fantastic!

3 months later
#917 6 years ago

I have had the Pinstadium kit set up on my WOZRR for a few weeks now, so I wanted to post a review.

Installation - It was a really simple install (other than getting the wire taps to stay in place), but after some great pics from Scott of exactly where to hook them up and a few trial and errors thinking I had them in good and then either the GI or the flashers not working, I finally used a magnifying glass to make sure I had the taps in securely, and everything worked. I understand that this complication is a JJp thing because of the type of connectors they use, and I would imagine they are much easier to hook up on Sterns and other games. Speaking of Scott, he was truly awesome during my installation and answered emails within minutes no matter what day/time I would send them and you could tell he really cared. So A++ for customer service.

Performance - In a nutshell, it has completely transformed the game for me. The room I play in is pretty dark and WOZ does not have great GI, so I have historically had issues being able to clearly see the playfield and ball. Not anymore. The gameplay is so much better now, that since I have installed Pinstadium, I have set all new high scores and have progressed much further in the game. The GI integration works flawlessly, so “lights out” and TOTO modes are still dark as they were intended and the uv+glow flasher adds a cool effect when the witch comes up. Overall, I could not be happier with the performance.

App - The app is super easy to use and the camera feature is really fun to play around with. Even my wife was having a good time snapping shots of various areas of the playfield and watching the lighting change to those colors. She took a close up of the green on one of the sling shot plastics and the whole game instantly transformed to look like the emerald city. We played it like that for a few days, but I decided I like the yellowy gold with a hint of green look better and went back to that. The beauty is that it takes seconds to switch colors and brightness levels back and forth with the app and you can completely change the look of your game in an instant if you so choose.

Conclusion – Easily the most dramatic results from any mod I have ever purchased and a must have for WOZ and any other “dark” games in my opinion.

Here are the required before and after pics. These are just quick unaltered snapshots with an IPhone, but to my eyes, I think the pics are a pretty fair representation of what it actually looks like in my room. In fact, when I turned off the Pinstadium to take the before picture, my wife said "It did not really look that dark before...did it?" It is that ridiculous of a difference.

woz horizontal (resized).jpgwoz horizontal (resized).jpg

woz vertical (resized).jpgwoz vertical (resized).jpg

9 months later
#2558 5 years ago

Just installed a set on my DI and all I can say is wow!

I originally did not think DI needed them as it is really well lit out of the box, but my game room has no ambient lighting and the center of the playfield in front of the theater seemed kind of dark to me when I was playing in the evenings. After installing the kit I think it is now perfect as the artwork really pops and the UV+Glow effect when you hit the QED guy is super cool.

I think the picture below captures the difference pretty well, but as usual, it looks even better in person.

Thanks Scott!

DI (resized).jpgDI (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3284 5 years ago

Seems pretty clear to me. Mount them just below the top of the backboard approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the sides.

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My Iron Maiden "stock" glass seems to disappear with the Pinstadium lighting...didn't expect this "feature".

So true. It is a huge benefit that I feel is often overlooked.

I put PDI glass on a couple of my games and liked how it got rid of reflections so much that I was planning on eventually getting it for all of them. However, after installing Pinstadiums with standard glass, the reflections are also gone and I no longer feel any need for the expensive glass. So in effect...Scott is saving me money.

7 months later
#4562 4 years ago

Hovers ordered! With this system, do the magnet strips stay on the back of the pin stadium light bars or do we have to remove them before we attach to the Hovers?

2 months later
#5332 4 years ago

Just got the notice that my Hovers are shipping. Woo hoo!

#5336 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

When did you order yours?

I ordered them on the first day they became available.

#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:Oh yeah! I removed the magna-mounts from the sides of the machine with very little effort. The magnets remain on the light bars because I had previously secured them with expoy.

I definitely plan to take the old magnets strips off the sides of the machine as I have done that before when I have sold pins and kept the Pinstadiums. I found they came off pretty easy and a little alcohol got rid of any glue residue.

I get that you did not want to mess with the ones on the light bars as you had attached them with epoxy, but for those of us that just have the original glue holding them on, I was wondering if there is any advantage/disadvantage to taking the magnets off the light bars themselves before attaching the Hovers?

What have others that have installed their Hovers already done?

#5346 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There is no need or advantage to removing the ones off the light bars and those don't come off very easy or clean. Just leave them on and you will be fine.

Will do. Thanks Scott!

1 year later
#6902 2 years ago

Gotta give Scott some more major customer service props!

I started installing a set of NEO's on my R&M yesterday on the 4th and ran into some connection issues. I emailed Scott but asked him not to respond until today as I did not want to interrupt his holiday. Dumb move on my part as he emailed me back within 5 minutes and started troubleshooting my issue. I just can't speak highly enough of how responsive he is and how much he cares about his product.

Anyway, we got it all sorted out and it came out great.

Before
before (resized).jpgbefore (resized).jpg
After
after (resized).jpgafter (resized).jpg

4 months later
#7126 2 years ago

Giddy up!

Should be a fun weekend.

GNRPS (resized).jpgGNRPS (resized).jpg
#7128 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Notice the new larger/hefty Pin Stadium shipping tube

I did notice that! The tube seems twice as big and twice as heavy as any other Pinstadiums I have received.

Can't wait to crack it open and install it. I will definitely post my impressions afterwards.

I am hoping to have half as good an experience as Trojanlaw did.

#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Once you play with them, you will never want to go back.

Trojanlaw knows of what he speaks. I installed the GNR CE's yesterday and I am blown away by how they so perfectly integrate with the light show, they seem like they came from the factory.

The electrical connections portion of the install is fantastic as you don't have to mess with those PITA wire taps as all connections are factory style connectors and take about 10 seconds each to install and are super secure. I think I was under the playfield for 1 or 2 minutes total. It is a massive improvement over the old style taps and alligator clips.

The only minor criticism I have is that while the Xeno mounts are worlds better than the Hovers, the zip tie attachments on the two back mounts are a little funky and the clearance to the glass is incredibly tight. So tight that the zip tie on my back left mount grazes the glass when I slide it in, so I must not have it it mounted quite right even though I took my time and read the instructions and looked at all the supplied photos and videos 10 times. I also have Sven's Ultimate Upgrade kit installed and I had to take the right rear speaker cover off to make that Xeno mount fit, but I understand I might be able to trim that speaker a bit to make it work. I am sure these minor install issues are mainly user error and I will get them sorted, but it would be nice if the back mounts attached to the light bars similarly to how the front mounts attach and you did not have to use the zip ties.

Overall, if you have a GNR I highly recommend the CE's. It really is hard to describe the difference in the experience, but the overall light show is taken from a 10 to a 12 and the entire playfield is perfectly and evenly lit. I was skeptical that the stock light show could be improved upon, but like others have said, you really need to see these in person to understand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorgar123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tu=Gorgar123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.