(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,226 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "woz".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Are you absolutely sure?

Well decided to ask my wife her thoughts.."some playfield lights look like they were changed to the colored super brights for the after pic.especially woz." I get that everything will be shown better on playfield with more light,my comment was based entirely on the pf and gi lights not the product itself.
I do like the youtube videos.
-Mike

#41 7 years ago

I can certainly see why WOZ may appear that way but with WOZ it really depends on when you take that picture as the games lighting changes quickly and frequently.

Happy you like my videos, I feel like a dork making them but they are needed.

Quoted from Whysnow:

A few questions:
1. I may have missed it, how do these mount?
2. I watched the video of them pivoting from one end for pf service... It that all they do to be able to work on a game? I would consider trying these on a TAF on route, but of course a route game needs the ability to get under the hood with no extra hassle.
3. Can I wire these somehow on TAF so they just come on each time the power is turned on?

I will see these this weekend Hilton, I am sure I can make a plug and play connection for this to turn on with the game. If the led settings are saved when powered off this would be the ideal thing to do in my opinion. I will see Scott this coming weekend and hope I can help refine this a little of he is willing to take my advice.

#116 7 years ago

I went ahead and ordered these for my WoZ, looking forward to getting it!

1 week later
#162 6 years ago

This looks like a really interesting product. I would be very interested to hear from WOZ owners once they have tried this. WOZ's GI is the real weakness for that pin, and this might help significantly. I've seen the pictures of the WOZ playfield with this lighting installed, but I would like to hear some testimonials. I'm intrigued .....

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This looks like a really interesting product. I would be very interested to hear from WOZ owners once they have tried this. WOZ's GI is the real weakness for that pin, and this might help significantly. I've seen the pictures of the WOZ playfield with this lighting installed, but I would like to hear some testimonials. I'm intrigued .....

I would say that WOZ was my biggest motivation for these, since it was a struggle more than any other pinball to get proper lighting to this game. Spotlight after spotlight was added and it still wasn't enough. The one in the before and after picture is in my personal collection and now I can really enjoy it without the darkness it is commonly known for from the factory. It's a great game made even better now. I do have to be in the "extra energy" mood to play it because it can be such a challenge and journey to play it (in a good way).

Oh by the way we will be up at the Pinball Museum VFW Ann Arbor, MI show this weekend Fri-Sun with the Pin Stadium kits on display on Trent's Aerosmith Premium and another pinball that I will be bringing up also. So if anyone is near there or plans on stopping by, please come check them out and I can walk you through them in person. Seeing is believing for sure.

#193 6 years ago

I played Scott's TWD at the VFW this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. I also put up my personal best on the game, although way below the 700 million posted above (mine was 296 million). The UV flashers for me are cool but being tied to the well walker they become a bit overwhelming at times during multiball but I'm pretty light-sensitive. I'm not sure it was the lights that got me the score but i think it does help to be able to never have to waste even a fraction of a second tracking the ball with Pin Stadium installed.

I had already ordered 3 sets (one for AMH, one for WOZ and one for Domino's (with flashers)) and am extremely happy that I am order #2 and will hopefully get my sets very soon.

-Adam

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I played Scott's TWD at the VFW this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. I also put up my personal best on the game, although way below the 700 million posted above (mine was 296 million). The UV flashers for me are cool but being tied to the well walker they become a bit overwhelming at times during multiball but I'm pretty light-sensitive. I'm not sure it was the lights that got me the score but i think it does help to be able to never have to waste even a fraction of a second tracking the ball with Pin Stadium installed.
I had already ordered 3 sets (one for AMH, one for WOZ and one for Domino's (with flashers)) and am extremely happy that I am order #2 and will hopefully get my sets very soon.
-Adam

Adam, it was nice to meet you and when I saw how happy you were to see them in person for the first time it was a good feeling. You were one of the first to see the vision of this technology with these with your early order, thanks. I remember you placed the order before the shopping cart was even live, haha!

Regarding the UV+Glow flasher option, you may want to change the flasher trigger to one of the ramp flashers. I put it on the Well Walker for the VFW show as it turns the playfield into quite a concert performance, but if you want to tone it down then simply connect it to the left or right ramps. That should a happy medium.

Thank you for being so pumped about these and I'm super excited to see the before and afters on your AMH, Dominos, and WOZ! I was impressed with the Dominos machine, it played great and was super fast. It ran very reliably all weekend too!

#208 6 years ago

Question about using this in WOZ: Does it fit around the castle walls on the Ruby Red version? It looks like it does from your first picture. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture from the side of how it is installed in that area if you have time.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question about using this in WOZ: Does it fit around the castle walls on the Ruby Red version? It looks like it does from your first picture. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture from the side of how it is installed in that area if you have time.

Yes it clears perfect. I will take a pic of my WOZ RR so they you can see it.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I took a couple pictures of the clearance and mounting you want to see near the castle walls for your RR WOZ

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Would this install look similar to one in a BSD?
I was thinking the buildings might block the light.

Yes very similar to WOZ and WH2O with the boulders. It will clear and work great with BSD. The Pin Stadium kits were designed so that even when there is an object in front of them blocking the light, the other side of the kit will illuminate that area equally so you won't even know the difference. The BSD definitely needs them for sure. I hope this helps.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you for your order, I saw it come in earlier today. You are going to be very pleased with the results and also with your AC/DC too. Looking forward to the before and afters on both of those!

Ooops wrong person. I don't own AC/DC.

Thanks for posting the pics of the WOZ!

1 week later
#247 6 years ago

I saw these in action on a few different machines this weekend and it's really impressive. I'm not usually one to mod games much and don't really mind a game being a little darker but the ease of adjusting these (or just turning them off) is what sold me for a set for WOZ. Really looking forward to getting them now, great job Scott!

#274 6 years ago

How thin is the magnetic strip? My WOZ is so tight that the playfield can rub against the sides of the cabinet when I raise and lower it. I would worry about the strip peeling off.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How thin is the magnetic strip? My WOZ is so tight that the playfield can rub against the sides of the cabinet when I raise and lower it. I would worry about the strip peeling off.

The design of the mount is extremely thin and WOZ will clear with no problem and any machine to that point. In fact they even clear on my MET with mirror/art blade combos. This has been incorporate in the design and thoroughly tested.

#284 6 years ago

Which ten pins do you guys think will benefit most with the stadium lights?
Stern
1. AC/DC Luci
2. Tron LE
3. WNBJM
4. BM66LE
Jersey Jack
5. WOZ ECLE
Gottlieb
6. Black Hole
Bally/Williams
7. Grand Prix (EM)
8. Pinbot
9. Space Station
10. WW
11. FH
12. BoP 2.0
13. HS2
14. TAF
15. FT
16. CFTBL
17. WH2O
18. TZ
19. ST:TNG
20. FS
21. TS
22. ToM
23. AFM
24. SC
25. TOTAN
26. Scared Stiff
27. CV
28. MB
29. Cactus Canyon Continued
30. RFM

Added over 7 years ago: Disregard the request. I just placed an order for ten sets.

1 month later
#419 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The GI on / off looks great. The TRON video showed it off well, but as suggested, I think a MET Sparky multiball start would really show the advantage of having the switchable GI option.

Good suggestion, I've got a MET Premium I can do that on too. I will add that to the list of vids. Thanks. Lights Out on WOZ has been popular for this addon too.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bob what games are you putting this in?

Just WOZ to start with as it's the one in my collection that I think needs the most help with GI. Since I can control the brightness of the lighting over my pin row it's not a big deal unless there are others playing the other games which don't need as much lighting help. I thought this would be a good way to give it some GI "help" that's still very controllable as opposed to the add-on kits that are all or nothing. I also wanted to support Scott's efforts to get his product off the ground so it should be a win-win for me.

1 month later
#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Any suggestion which kit I should order for TAF? Is there a lot for the GI option to effect?
Also with the brighter lighting inside, does it make less need for invisiglass?

I would suggest the GI and UV+Glow for the Flasher option as it does really well with that dark playfield. One of the tremendous side benefits of the Pin Stadium kit is that since it illuminates so well under the glass that it heavily reduces and in some cases removes DMD, backglass/backbox, spot light or LED strips reflections off back glass or DMD, and overhead lights (but now you don't need lights). I can't say that it replaces invisiglass but I can tell you that I never think about getting it anymore if that tells you anything.

Here are some recent customer kits going through QC test today before they ship. The room conditions are no lighting at all.

WOZ:

Monster Bash:

#496 6 years ago

Any vids of a woz with light kit installed ?

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any vids of a woz with light kit installed ?

I've been trying to capture good video of mine but other things (especially the new game I just added to the lineup) are keeping me from devoting enough time to it. I hope to have something worthy of posting by this weekend. I don't have any kind of streaming setup so a DSLR on a tripod is the best I can do. I'll also post my review of the kit in WOZ at the same time.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just picked up a kit for RZ too. What settings did you use for the color? Did you tie the flash into the purple flasher? Finally, are you saying that the flash polarity matters (works one way but not the other)?

The Pin Stadium kits were designed so that polarity does not matter, it could be that the taps on one side maybe weren't seated at the time. It's hard to tell and you just need to make sure you have a snug fit. I started including the wire taps as I felt it was much easier to get connected to some hard to reach flashers in a non invasive fashion. Here is a pic of them. Notice that the green one has the end bent around it (I suggest doing this, it's a must do). This allows the alligator clips to get a good connection. Otherwise the wire end by itself is too thin.

It's one of many ways to connect the flashers (you can choose to wire splice, alligator clip, solder etc, it's up to you) these just allow you to connect in a non invasive way. These are good for small hard to get GI like on WOZ for example. If you need some I can send them to you or if you are near a Micro Center or electronics store they have them there too.

The other picture shows them in use on GB to tap Slimer. Make sure you get a really good pressure for on there or they will vibrate out and cause the flasher and GI to temporarily not work on the Pin Stadium kit. That's the first thing to check.

Okay back to production now. Many kits are leaving out each day and I anticipate to have the pre-order completed in a couple weeks. After that the standard orders that are coming in fast and hard will be processed too at that time. Thank you all for your patience and support.

Email me at [email protected] if you need direct support so I can respond even quicker as it's easier for me to track.

#526 6 years ago

Here are a couple videos I shot of the kit in my WOZ last night. I don't have a good setup for shooting these because my tripod is pretty short so the angle isn't great and it makes the LCD glare look a lot worse than it does to the eye. I have the GI tied to a GI light in the back right corner and the UV Glow Flasher connected to the Red Witch Flasher. WOZ is a real challenge on both fronts and I'm still searching to see if there is a better place to connect the GI to. As for the Flasher, WOZ only has two flashers - the white and red ones inside the witch "dome", I'm also going to continue to experiment with that and see if there's a better choice. I left the three spotlights (GI) on in my game so there's a little ambient lighting when the GI for PS cuts off. With the current setup the GI cuts off quite a bit including during all the CB modes (not just lights out) and during battle the witch. It also does funky effects when the ball is on the Castle Mini-PF (if not in a different MB) and when shooting for Munchkin loops (if not in a MB). If this isn't to your liking tying it to the spots does a great job of just leaving it on whenever you are in a game. I put up a pretty good (1.8M) game with it in this setup and when you have ECMB + a CB mode going and the flasher goes off - WOW! I wouldn't recommend it for anyone that may be susceptible to epileptic seizures, that's for sure.

I have the color set to turquoise (I thought Red would be the best but it's not good at all IMO) and brightness set for that and the warm white to ~50%. These were shot in a completely dark room with my DSLR.

#553 6 years ago

Any idea time on my order for batman forever and Woz with gi?

#558 6 years ago

Who has some good photos on where/how to hook up the GI and Flasher connections on Woz?

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Who has some good photos on where/how to hook up the GI and Flasher connections on Woz?

I was just getting ready to reply to you on the forums. The lights do have to be connected to the positive and negative of a GI. On WOZ I found the best spot to by the GI light under the Emerald City castle. So if the playfield is raised then its the bottom right most just below the rollovers for Emerald City. You will need to put the wire tap connectors included in the kit in the positive and negative of that. I will copy this on the forums also to help others. Also, if your lights are not showing up I have found that if you turn off your phone's wifi and then back on they usually appear. If that does not work then you can do a factory reset on the Pin Stadiums by unplugging and plugging the orange connector in and out 4x time fast. Then on the 4th time leave it plugged in and you will see the lights flash 4-5 times which indicates they are reset. You should then be able to connect to them directly again.

Attached are pics of where I tapped the Witches red led flashers too.

As for the flashers, the best spot is the witch red led flasher. Attached is a pic of where to tap those. You can also connect to the white LED of the which if you want more of a subtle glowing effect. I personally like the intense flash of the red LED one though. With the UV+Glow being triggered by the red led, it's quite the show! The JJP manual is very helpful to show you where to connect and what colors:

http://159.203.76.48/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf

As far as the Wifi, if for some reason it does not show you Wifi, make sure you are close to your router. In some cases I have seen were you may need to manually enter the Wifi network name and security code to get around this. That's a bug that I am currently working on diagnosing as it appears to happen in some instances but not always. Here is the FAQs section for the app: http://pinstadium.com/pinstadium_app/

I put up some videos to help explain things in the FAQs to help walk everyone through.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further help.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

woz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpg
woz_witchhookup (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup (resized).jpg

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How many amps does this pull? Looking at adding this to pinball magic capcom. Buying a power tap for topper and adding this pin stadium lighting.

I've been thinking about testing my kit in the PM I just picked up, have to look into the power tap options. The other concern is with GI integration, I'm sure you know but PM (kinda like WOZ) doesn't have traditional GI - it's included in a lot of the effects so I'd have to see how that works with my kit. The worst that would happen though is I'd just have to find a way to leave them on all the time the game is on. If that's the case a kit without the GI option would make sense. Also have to think about what flasher would make the most sense, probably the one on the pop bumper.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've been thinking about testing my kit in the PM I just picked up, have to look into the power tap options. The other concern is with GI integration, I'm sure you know but PM (kinda like WOZ) doesn't have traditional GI - it's included in a lot of the effects so I'd have to see how that works with my kit. The worst that would happen though is I'd just have to find a way to leave them on all the time the game is on. If that's the case a kit without the GI option would make sense. Also have to think about what flasher would make the most sense, probably the one on the pop bumper.

It's all up to personal preference and the best thing to do is just get it with the GI because you can always disable that option if you didn't want it to sync with the machine, but it seems most do like that feature and it's just a matter of just finding the right bulbs to trigger it. WOZ is just makes use the GI a lot and I found the best is the Emerald City GI. That one makes the most sense and seems to do really well in most cases. It's fun because you can move it around and experiment to what is best for you just like bobukcat !!

#618 6 years ago

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?

Thank you

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?
Thank you

I've only seen UV Glow in WOZ and it looks awesome.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you

Than you for your order and the UV+Glow is surely the way to go with WOZ (and most every game so far from what I have seen)

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you

I have the kit with UV Glow flasher and GI integration in my RR WOZ and posted a couple videos of it. It is really awesome and lights up the game tremendously but I will add these caveats (sorry if I'm repeating myself). Since WOZ does not have any "true" flashers your options for what triggers the flasher is extremely limited, as long as you're fine with that it looks awesome. The second is that the GI integration will turn the PS GI off during many modes, this may be seen (pun intended) as defeating the primary purpose of the kit - helping you see the ball better. It looks awesome and you can defeat the GI integration or have it turn on and off with the spots if you want so I'd still recommend getting that option but want to make sure you know what the behavior will be.

#625 6 years ago

Installed my Pinstadium lights in WoZ. Looks so awesome.

Made some extra cables with Molex connectors on them to get GI and Flasher connections from controller connected more securely.

Where is everyone attaching their GI to WoZ? Spotlight for Emerald City Castle in upper right doesn't go off during Lights Out MB. There doesn't seem to be many GI options on WoZ.

IMG_24801 (resized).JPGIMG_24801 (resized).JPG

IMG_34800 (resized).JPGIMG_34800 (resized).JPG

IMG_54825 (resized).JPGIMG_54825 (resized).JPG

IMG_64824 (resized).JPGIMG_64824 (resized).JPG

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Installed my Pinstadium lights in WoZ. Looks so awesome.
Made some extra cables with Molex connectors on them to get GI and Flasher connections from controller connected more securely.
Where is everyone attaching their GI to WoZ? Spotlight for Emerald City Castle in upper right doesn't go off during Lights Out MB. There doesn't seem to be many GI options on WoZ.

I have attached a picture of where to connect it to WOZ for the GI. It is on the bottom right of the playfield when it is raised "near the Emerald City" but not the spotlight. This will turn off during Lights Out and the other modes properly. And yes the witch RED led flasher is the best spot and really cool too! I hope this helps!

wozgi (resized).JPGwozgi (resized).JPG

#634 6 years ago

Got my Pinstadium for WOZ and was completely blown away. Pictures do not do this justice. Trust me you are going to want all of your pins to have this light kit. With the light full blast you you can see it streams out of the playfield into the room. In my collection all of my other pins look dull next to the one with the Pinstadium lights in it. When you turn your machine on the light coming out of your pinball from the Pinstadium is like the THX demo before a movie - it'll blow you away.

#641 6 years ago

ZMeny KevInBuffalo

Okay here is a big announcement and you all are invited to compete too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-chicago-expo-2017-launch-2017

This will take place at our booth at Chicago Expo 2017 next week there we will have Buffalo Pinball (Nick and Kevin/crew) www.buffalopinball.com versus SDTM (Zach and Greg) https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/ in a live web stream showdown!

Things are already getting HEATED up for this and you can be part of it as it's open to the public to come in and play against them.

Free "On Tap" are going to be 5 Pin Stadium machines loaded with all the features too (UV+Glow and GI Module).

AFM
MMR
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium

The exact times and dates will be determined (posted here and on our FB page www.facebook.com/pinstadium it will be Friday and/or Saturday) and this event will be in between the Expo tournament events so that all can participate. I think a lot of smack talking is about to go down between these guys (all good fun of course). Who knows what will happen with these colorful characters though. Sort of like Marvel VS Capcom so watch out.....

Looking forward to seeing you all there at the Pin Stadium booth!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

brobattle (resized).pngbrobattle (resized).png

#655 6 years ago

Regarding the flasher option discussion, here is a video that shows the Flash ability and Glow comparison that you have flexibility to choose depending on what you choose as your tigger on the machine. This is the WOZ example for the witch with the UV+Glow.

She has a white LED spotlight that comes on when she is triggered and rises up(Glow in this video) and she also has a red flasher LED that comes on when she goes up and down (flash in this video). The flasher color looks different in this video because a different camera was used (compliments of customer @bobukcat) , it still has the deep purple UV effect color as the glow but it flashes instead.

The good news is that you can choose which one you prefer.

#664 6 years ago

ZMeny and KevInBuffalo

The date and time is now set for this:

--Expo Saturday 10/14 11am Pin Stadium Booth--

Pin Stadium Expo launch and you all are invited to compete too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-chicago-expo-2017-launch-2017

This will take place at our booth at Chicago Expo 2017 next week.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

We will have Buffalo Pinball (Nick and Kevin/crew) http://www.buffalopinball.com/ versus SDTM (Zach and Greg) https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/ in a live web stream showdown!

Things are already getting HEATED up for this and you can be part of it as it's open to the public to come in and play against them.

Free "On Tap" are going to be 5 Pin Stadium machines loaded with all the features too (UV+Glow and GI Module):

AFM
MMR
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium

Buffalo Pinball and SDTM showdown is on Saturday 10/14 at 11am, see you there!

This event will be at the our Pin Stadium booth at the show in the vendors area. A lot of smack talking is about to go down between these guys (all good fun of course). Who knows what will happen with these colorful characters though. Sort of like Marvel VS Capcom so watch out!!!!

brobattle_final (resized).pngbrobattle_final (resized).png

#681 6 years ago

The games on tap in our booth are being packed and ready to head to Expo on Wednesday:

AFM
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium
MMR

Also in the game room area there will be a MB, MM, and more with the Pin Stadiums on them for you to come and see!

packed_pinball_machines_exp (resized).pngpacked_pinball_machines_exp (resized).png

1 week later
#852 6 years ago

Thanks to Scott for providing a wiring harness I moved my PS kit from WOZ over to Pinball Magic tonight and shot a couple of very quick pictures on my phone, I'll post some better ones from a camera when I get a chance. The pictures make it look even more dramatic than it is because the "off" picture was in attract mode while the GI was dimmed but it is still basically night and day, and this was with the PS kit set to about 25% for white and kinda purple (red looks pretty good too). A couple caveats for PM, and presumably all Capcom games - GI and Flasher integration isn't exactly working but I'm still testing some things hoping for a working solution. Install was very simple and I'll post some install pics for that in the PM club thread in the next day or two. This is a really dark game and the PS kit looks really great on it, although it did expose a couple warts in the Mylar I couldn't really see before.

PM Lights out (resized).jpgPM Lights out (resized).jpg

PM ps on (resized).jpgPM ps on (resized).jpg

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That is maybe the most dramatic Before and After that I have seen yet!!! Incredible and I'm glad that this worked out for you.

After looking at them again I thought my pics could possibly be construed as misleading because the "off" picture was taken when the GI was dimmed in attract mode so I shot a couple new ones in-game. It's still a massive difference and this is with the brightness turned down to about 20% but these are a little more accurate for game play conditions. Please ignore the cables being strung haphazardly towards the back, I'm still lifting the PF often trying different GI and flasher hook-ups so I haven't been cleanly routing the cables each time. This kit is going back in WOZ soon anyway and PM will have to wait for a new set I'm ordering for it.

IngamePSoff (resized).jpgIngamePSoff (resized).jpg

IngamePSon (resized).jpgIngamePSon (resized).jpg

1 week later
#891 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I ordered mine on 9/30 and it will be delivered Monday. It is for my GB Premium and has the UV+glow and the GI Plug-In. Maybe they have caught up with their backlog in the weeks since I ordered.

I ordered mine on Oct 2 for my WOZ. Hopefully they will be here this week!! Waiting to see them in person before ordering for my Batman 66 and Ghostbusters.

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Sorry if this has been answered but can someone share how they tapped into the GI and flasher on Attack From Mars LE? CGC used a different type of GI bulb which looks like it prevents using the alligator clips completely (see pic). Any help or push in the right direction would be appreciated as I'm trying to finish up my install. Thanks!

For WOZ Scott provided some solid wire jumpers to insert into the connectors they use, I have never seen an AFMR but perhaps the same could be used for it. Can you post a picture of what the connector that plugs onto those LEDs looks like?

#917 6 years ago

I have had the Pinstadium kit set up on my WOZRR for a few weeks now, so I wanted to post a review.

Installation - It was a really simple install (other than getting the wire taps to stay in place), but after some great pics from Scott of exactly where to hook them up and a few trial and errors thinking I had them in good and then either the GI or the flashers not working, I finally used a magnifying glass to make sure I had the taps in securely, and everything worked. I understand that this complication is a JJp thing because of the type of connectors they use, and I would imagine they are much easier to hook up on Sterns and other games. Speaking of Scott, he was truly awesome during my installation and answered emails within minutes no matter what day/time I would send them and you could tell he really cared. So A++ for customer service.

Performance - In a nutshell, it has completely transformed the game for me. The room I play in is pretty dark and WOZ does not have great GI, so I have historically had issues being able to clearly see the playfield and ball. Not anymore. The gameplay is so much better now, that since I have installed Pinstadium, I have set all new high scores and have progressed much further in the game. The GI integration works flawlessly, so “lights out” and TOTO modes are still dark as they were intended and the uv+glow flasher adds a cool effect when the witch comes up. Overall, I could not be happier with the performance.

App - The app is super easy to use and the camera feature is really fun to play around with. Even my wife was having a good time snapping shots of various areas of the playfield and watching the lighting change to those colors. She took a close up of the green on one of the sling shot plastics and the whole game instantly transformed to look like the emerald city. We played it like that for a few days, but I decided I like the yellowy gold with a hint of green look better and went back to that. The beauty is that it takes seconds to switch colors and brightness levels back and forth with the app and you can completely change the look of your game in an instant if you so choose.

Conclusion – Easily the most dramatic results from any mod I have ever purchased and a must have for WOZ and any other “dark” games in my opinion.

Here are the required before and after pics. These are just quick unaltered snapshots with an IPhone, but to my eyes, I think the pics are a pretty fair representation of what it actually looks like in my room. In fact, when I turned off the Pinstadium to take the before picture, my wife said "It did not really look that dark before...did it?" It is that ridiculous of a difference.

woz horizontal (resized).jpgwoz horizontal (resized).jpg

woz vertical (resized).jpgwoz vertical (resized).jpg

#918 6 years ago

I installed these on my WOZ this weekend. I don’t have any pics yet, but the other pictures of WOZ in this thread are dead on! The difference before and after is like night and day. These things should be standard on every new game from now on.

Now I have two other games to order them for!

If you are thinking about buying these, don’t think. Just buy them, you won’t be sorry.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I have had the Pinstadium kit set up on my WOZRR for a few weeks now, so I wanted to post a review.
Installation - It was a really simple install (other than getting the wire taps to stay in place), but after some great pics from Scott of exactly where to hook them up and a few trial and errors thinking I had them in good and then either the GI or the flashers not working, I finally used a magnifying glass to make sure I had the taps in securely, and everything worked. I understand that this complication is a JJp thing because of the type of connectors they use, and I would imagine they are much easier to hook up on Sterns and other games. Speaking of Scott, he was truly awesome during my installation and answered emails within minutes no matter what day/time I would send them and you could tell he really cared. So A++ for customer service.
Performance - In a nutshell, it has completely transformed the game for me. The room I play in is pretty dark and WOZ does not have great GI, so I have historically had issues being able to clearly see the playfield and ball. Not anymore. The gameplay is so much better now, that since I have installed Pinstadium, I have set all new high scores and have progressed much further in the game. The GI integration works flawlessly, so “lights out” and TOTO modes are still dark as they were intended and the uv+glow flasher adds a cool effect when the witch comes up. Overall, I could not be happier with the performance.
App - The app is super easy to use and the camera feature is really fun to play around with. Even my wife was having a good time snapping shots of various areas of the playfield and watching the lighting change to those colors. She took a close up of the green on one of the sling shot plastics and the whole game instantly transformed to look like the emerald city. We played it like that for a few days, but I decided I like the yellowy gold with a hint of green look better and went back to that. The beauty is that it takes seconds to switch colors and brightness levels back and forth with the app and you can completely change the look of your game in an instant if you so choose.
Conclusion – Easily the most dramatic results from any mod I have ever purchased and a must have for WOZ and any other “dark” games in my opinion.
Here are the required before and after pics. These are just quick unaltered snapshots with an IPhone, but to my eyes, I think the pics are a pretty fair representation of what it actually looks like in my room. In fact, when I turned off the Pinstadium to take the before picture, my wife said "It did not really look that dark before...did it?" It is that ridiculous of a difference.

Looking good Craig! Glad to see the old WOZ getting some love. I have my first set of pinstadiums on order, can't wait to see how they look in person!

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thank you for the very detailed and positive post on this! I am glad that you are loving these on your WOZ. This is an excellent post that will help others (not just JJP pinball owners) on what you can expect once you install the Pin Stadiums on your machine. New or old it is going to make a dramatic difference and the install time is very short. WOZ just needs a little extra attention when you are connecting the GI and Flashers trigger wires. Thanks Gorgar123 for your kind words and for taking the time to share this with others!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

1 week later
#961 6 years ago

Here is an installation link that several have asked for as they install these in their JJP Dialed In's. I will post this here and also update our website installation link accordingly. Here is a tip, the tower is now in the backbox (unlike WOZ) and in order to access the plug and play point for the Pin Stadium power adapter you must unlock the monitor and it swings out on an articulating arm to give you quick easy access. Here are a few pics showing the wooden stoppers on each side they need to be loosened and pull out of the way. There is no need to remove them, but just rotate them so that you can lift the metal gate on each side to release the monitor. Then just pull the monitor out and you have easy access to all the goodies in the back.

ecd782a5a0369d9d4c8891098d8f509517287b4c (resized).jpegecd782a5a0369d9d4c8891098d8f509517287b4c (resized).jpeg

dialedin_pinstadium (resized).pngdialedin_pinstadium (resized).png

dialed_in_pinball_pinstadiu (resized).pngdialed_in_pinball_pinstadiu (resized).png

pinstadium_dialed_in_pinbal (resized).pngpinstadium_dialed_in_pinbal (resized).png

pinstadium_jjp_dialed_in (resized).pngpinstadium_jjp_dialed_in (resized).png

#980 6 years ago

Ordered my first ever set for my woz. Excited to see how big of a diff they make.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Special announcement...
Black Friday Special enter code "bfriday" for 15% off as many Pin Stadiums as you can order!!!
Be sure to click on "View Cart" after adding your items, there you can enter the code.
***Offer runs Thurs-Sat midnight only
Happy Thanksgiving !!
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

Doh, I should have waited

For those that have installed these on WoZ, which flasher did you decide to hook up to?

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Doh, I should have waited
For those that have installed these on WoZ, which flasher did you decide to hook up to?

The best and really only connection for WOZ is the witch flasher (red) that is on the right side of her. Here is a picture of where to connect it. Connect to the wires in green circles and not the green/blue wire.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

I can respond even faster and help you further.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Bummer!
I totally missed out on this.
On a side note. I don't think this can be installed on both sides of SS. SS ramp is completely flush to the right side of the cabinet under the glass.

I’m sorry that you missed out on the deal. Regarding Scared Stiff, they do fit on that machine as I had them installed on mine with no problems. In fact during the designing of these, SS was one of the machines I tested them on to make sure they would clear in tight instances. Another set of close clearance machines I wanted designed them to also work on are CFTBL(left ramp), WH2O (Boulders on both sides), and WOZ (both upper playfields). Believe it or not those are even closer clearances, especially Creature’s left ramp.

On SS they did a great job and the playfield looked really good when the UV+Glow lit up.

1 week later
#1073 6 years ago

Updated the instructions on the website for all JJP machines with the new 2 pin style adapter. Connection for WOZ/Hobbit is behind the computer in the lower cabinet behind the computer tower and JJP behind the backglass. Also another update were the general instructions specifically the Pin Stadium power connector may be orange or white now depending on the production run. There is no difference in function, but just wanted to clarify that in the instructions.

diupdated (resized).pngdiupdated (resized).png
woz_new-power (resized).pngwoz_new-power (resized).png

#1091 6 years ago

After being hesitant, I believe BM66 and WOZ will be my first 2 attempts. Probably covered earlier here, but the games sitting side by side don't catch too much light from the effect in game adjacent?

Have there been any issues with power consumption, and could these be run on external power supply (believing 12v)?

Thanks....mark

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

I know it's user preference, but is there a guide to which flasher is optimal to connect to? For instance, Wizard of Oz doesn't really have flashers (I don't think), so where would I connect to?

For WOZ there is only one flasher and it the red led flasher for the witch. Are you installing one now and do you need a pic? Feel free to email me: [email protected] and I can get it to you right away.

#1099 6 years ago

Here is a picture of the wires to tap for the witch on WOZ.

AB5EC774-F17D-41D3-93F2-621BF139C99E (resized).jpegAB5EC774-F17D-41D3-93F2-621BF139C99E (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1227 6 years ago

Just installed pinstadiums in my WOZ 2.0. Scott was more than helpful and wow what a difference they make. Looks like a huge order is about to be placed. Just take my money already will ya?!!

D0D9DD15-0B62-4889-AAE2-927A716F5A23 (resized).jpegD0D9DD15-0B62-4889-AAE2-927A716F5A23 (resized).jpeg

385D515E-C458-42AE-9698-6CFB22D38518 (resized).jpeg385D515E-C458-42AE-9698-6CFB22D38518 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have attached a picture of where to connect it to WOZ for the GI. It is on the bottom right of the playfield when it is raised "near the Emerald City" but not the spotlight. This will turn off during Lights Out and the other modes properly. And yes the witch RED led flasher is the best spot and really cool too! I hope this helps!

I finally installed my kit this weekend on WOZ.....the flasher hook up was no problem at all, but my GI boards dont match these at all. Its the 2.0 system, so im not sure if thats why, but my GI boards are very small and have just a 4 wire connection. Its currently hooked into a spot light, but since they never really seem to turn off during game play, im losing a bit of the effect.

Anyone with a 2.0 woz know a safe way to connect to the GI?

Thanks

20180108_105533 (resized).jpg20180108_105533 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1343 6 years ago

I finally started installing kits this weekend and started with my ruby red WOZ. I have the 2.0 light boards so things are a little different than some others on where to grab the flasher/glow effect.
There's a single connector under the witch that has controls both the red LED flasher on the witch and the white LED which stays on constant while the witch is up. I decided for now to connect it to the white LED so it glows rather than flashes, but it's easy to grab either pin. Here are a couple pictures for reference.
I'm still experimenting with where to grab a signal that'll go out when in lights out mode or just after you lock a ball and it goes dark. On the 2.0 system every LED has a four pin connection which is ground, then power for the R, G, and B LEDs in the module, so if you tie to one it'll flash as the colors rotate. If anyone has a spot on a 2.0 please attach a picture, but I'll find one eventually and post when I do.
All that said, I'm incredibly happy with the system. I have the settings quite mild with the brightness at ~20% for now, but it is amazing the difference the uniform lighting makes in playability. I can't wait to get them installed on the rest of my pins.

IMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Minor correction on the wiring for the RGB LEDS. There is one power wire and separate grounds which are switched (not that it makes any difference to the pin stadium connection).

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

I finally started installing kits this weekend and started with my ruby red WOZ. I have the 2.0 light boards so things are a little different than some others on where to grab the flasher/glow effect.
There's a single connector under the witch that has controls both the red LED flasher on the witch and the white LED which stays on constant while the witch is up. I decided for now to connect it to the white LED so it glows rather than flashes, but it's easy to grab either pin. Here are a couple pictures for reference.
I'm still experimenting with where to grab a signal that'll go out when in lights out mode or just after you lock a ball and it goes dark. On the 2.0 system every LED has a four pin connection which is ground, then power for the R, G, and B LEDs in the module, so if you tie to one it'll flash as the colors rotate. If anyone has a spot on a 2.0 please attach a picture, but I'll find one eventually and post when I do.
All that said, I'm incredibly happy with the system. I have the settings quite mild with the brightness at ~20% for now, but it is amazing the difference the uniform lighting makes in playability. I can't wait to get them installed on the rest of my pins.

Glad you are enjoying them on WOZ and your multitude of other machines. You have almost surpassed the highest number Pin Stadiums any one person has purchased. Thank you for your incredible support and love for the product!!

Regarding the WOZ flasher pic that was very helpful and a good post. I will also help you with the last piece of the connection you are trying to make so that it works for you. The 2.0 is new and a little different than the other machines. I will help you to figure that out.

Thanks again!

Scott

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just dropped a set into BM66. Easy install, WOW factor!
Great job Scott. Wozecle is next today.
Playing around with the different color combinations to see what suits you best is really cool.
I put the flasher hookup in the pops.

Thank you!!

Oh man that’s awesome that you got those installed on that machine. I’m glad that you are liking them and also enjoy playing around with the app too. That playfield does excellent with the UV+Glow (really ignited it!) and thank you for letting me know where you hooked it up to as I get questions about that machine a bunch.

Looking forward to seeing them on WOZ!! That machine is astounding when you get them installed and then turn off the Pin Stadiums to remember what it used to look like. Yikes!!!

I’m excited for you to get them on. The UV+Glow flasher will be triggered from the red witch LED flasher. Just trace that down to the 3 Pin Molex connector under the playfield.

#1384 6 years ago

I wanted to let everyone know that I have upgraded the WOZ specific Pin Stadium kit to a new awesome plug and play adapter for the flasher connection to the witch. This improves this kit much more and makes it even more simple to connect. Going forward all of the WOZ kits will have this adapter for the flasher. Thank you from a well known customer (and early supporter) of ours Randy from ColorDMD for the suggestion on this one!

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I wanted to let everyone know that I have upgraded the WOZ specific Pin Stadium kit to a new awesome plug and play adapter for the flasher connection to the witch. This improves this kit much more and makes it even more simple to connect. Going forward all of the WOZ kits will have this adapter for the flasher. Thank you from a well known customer (and early supporter) of ours Randy from ColorDMD for the suggestion on this one!
» YouTube video

very cool. I am assuming the WOZ kit you just sent me has this? Looking forward to getting this tomorrow. WOZ is so dark in my game room.

#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

About the Pinstadium customer service: I believe Scott does not sleep at all, since he's been answering my questions promptly, even though there must be a few time zones' difference when the questions come from Finland Great support!

I agree, Scott is awesome and the product is better!

Looks like Road Show will be my next one after Woz.

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I got the full setup put on my WOZrr this morning. Amazing, this was worth every penny. High quality product and Scot is awesome to deal with.

You did a great job on the install and he helped to confirm the 2.0 GI connection for WOZ so it now syncs! Thank you for helping me to crack the code. So any one that has the Pin Stadiums on their WOZ 2.0 it’s official that you can move them here! Thank you woody76 !!!

7238ADBB-CF19-4342-B5C8-F8D4925CB7E2 (resized).jpeg7238ADBB-CF19-4342-B5C8-F8D4925CB7E2 (resized).jpeg

CAEE6AD2-97F2-4940-89E9-8D28974A4652 (resized).jpegCAEE6AD2-97F2-4940-89E9-8D28974A4652 (resized).jpeg

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

» YouTube video

Ok wow after seeing your video I have to try again on my woz GI what an amazing improvement expect emails ha ha ha

#1428 6 years ago

My buddy came over last night and played my WOZ with the full pinstadium kit with GI, Flasher, and UV glow. He was blown away and also put up his best score ever on a WOZ. He loved the UV flasher effect. He will be ordering a kit for his asap. You really have to see these in person. Pictures do not do it justice.

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

My buddy came over last night and played my WOZ with the full pinstadium kit with GI, Flasher, and UV glow. He was blown away and also put up his best score ever on a WOZ. He loved the UV flasher effect. He will be ordering a kit for his asap. You really have to see these in person. Pictures do not do it justice.

That's great news woody76 and you should be sure to tell him that you were a big help in cracking the WOZ 2.0 board GI code for the proper GI connection point that now syncs with the modes as it should! If anyone sees this and has already installed the Pin Stadiums on their WOZ 2.0, take a look at the previous post on this thread or on the install section of the Pin Stadium website for info on where to properly connect your GI cable. This is huge!

I have a lot of people that are praising this and I give credit to you woody76 helping. I hope you are enjoying WOZ even more each and everyday. Sounds like you are.

Scott

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

How would you do it? Put the camera on auto and fire away? Same settings for each shot shows the true difference.

When I did mine for WOZ and PM I used a very nice DSLR with good, not outstanding, glass (lens) on a tripod. I used manual mode and did a lot of testing with the best settings to try to accurately capture the difference. This is a challenge as you don't want to over-expose the "after" shot too much or under-expose the "before" shot. This is easier said than done for many reasons (particularly on WOZ in attract mode!) but I was happy with what I eventually posted and still stand behind it. How many people are going to go to that much trouble though? Not many would be my answer and haters will still just say that you don't know how to take a photo properly, that you are purposely exaggerating it, or that you are a shill for the product so why bother?

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

So tired of these comments! Regardless of what you want to think or how the picture is taken they are even more impressive in person! Buy a set then complain when your not happy....oh for some reason I haven't seen any complaints just TONS of praise ...unless your buying a set move on..track record speaks for itself!

I am not going to lie, I was hesitant to purchase the full package (flasher, GI, UV glow). I almost pulled the trigger on my Shadow, but sold it. Then got a WOZ and could not even see the ball in my gameroom, so placed the order. It is probably my favorite pinball mod at this point along with invisiglass, but you really do not need invisiglass when you have pinstadium because it kills any glass glare. So far everyone that has played my WOZ is blown away by the pinstadium kit. You really do need to see it in person.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm thinking Hobbit would look even better with the spotlights removed. I've got the barrel light mods and even though they look neat they obstruct the view. With PinStadium it looks like you don't need them anymore. Can't even detect their light in these photos.

Yes it works really well with it and I have tested the GI module to find the right connections for it and also the UV+Glow. Works like a charm and easy install. I was part of the spotlight solution and it was sub-par on this and WOZ prior prior to the Pin Stadiums. I knew exactly what you mean. Here are how many spots I pulled out after the install on the JJP’s. Other than still having dark spots with the spots they also all glared right into my eyes off of the backglass.

828D9B95-0EAB-4A27-8F8E-F3DEAADA06ED (resized).jpeg828D9B95-0EAB-4A27-8F8E-F3DEAADA06ED (resized).jpeg

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

ON LOCATION INSTALL POST!
I put PinStadium lights on location at the Pinball Museum in Delray Beach Florida.
They were put on a Wizard of Oz 1.0 that had many complaints of being too dark to play.
I filmed the highlights of the install and posted a YouTube video of my review.
Have a look at my PinStadium YouTube review:
» YouTube video
The support from PinStadium was top notch. I got support via email, phone, and text messages!

Wow that’s an excellent video and very well thought out. I’m glad that the Pin Stadiums were able to help WOZ out at the Pinball Museum. Very cool!!

You also did a great job in taking the time to get some nice footage and to explain the install and results of them. Thank you so much for your support!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1482 6 years ago

Right on, @ackerapple! The WOZ at Silverball needed some love, for sure! Last time I was there was almost a year ago, and it was looking a little beat up back THEN!

I put Pinstadiums on my WOZ a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. Makes such a huge difference, for sure!

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

It's simple, if you take care of you machines they'll reward you.

And Trust me if you don't play them for extended periods and ignore them Every dam bulb and switch will go out to teach you a lesson next time you decide to play! I swear they have personalities!

With that said, I received my AWESOME new PinStadium set On time today like a wonderful candy-cane of happiness! While I can watch videos again or search aimlessly where do the Star Wars (premium if that matters) owners hook up their flasher on this game?? Need some heavy explosions of astroid smashing wow. Please share your tips!!! Thanks again Scott, a gentleman and a scholar of cool toys. WOZ RR is coming Sunday, may need to ring your bell again soon...

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WOZ RR is coming Sunday, may need to ring your bell again soon...

That will be the show stopper for you when you see them on your own WOZ!

#1512 6 years ago

I recently added some Pin Stadium Lights to my Wizard of Oz. Just a few thoughts...

First off, Scott's customer service is second to none. I messaged him on a Sunday when I was installing them and talked on the phone to him shortly after messaging him. On a Sunday afternoon. I was expecting for him to get back to me the next day, not 5 minutes later. A+++ for customer service, and thank you Scott for being so incredibly helpful with this product.

Second, it does make a HUGE difference. Maybe not on all machines but definitely on the machines that need it like WOZ. Check out the before and after!

Third, in my opinion the UV+Glow and GI Plug-in are worth the extra cost.

Finally, does it make you play better? No idea but I wanted to share my experience...on my third game after getting these I melted the witch for the first time. I'd been trying melt the witch for like 8 months. (I know, I'm not very good, but hey I have fun!) May have been a coincidence of course but I got close again tonight to destroying the witch, hoping that will be a regular thing now with these lights

In conclusion - highly recommend this product.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 6.43.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-17 at 6.43.25 PM (resized).png

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I recently added some Pin Stadium Lights to my Wizard of Oz. Just a few thoughts...
First off, Scott's customer service is second to none. I messaged him on a Sunday when I was installing them and talked on the phone to him shortly after messaging him. On a Sunday afternoon. I was expecting for him to get back to me the next day, not 5 minutes later. A+++ for customer service, and thank you Scott for being so incredibly helpful with this product.
Second, it does make a HUGE difference. Maybe not on all machines but definitely on the machines that need it like WOZ. Check out the before and after!
Third, in my opinion the UV+Glow and GI Plug-in are worth the extra cost.
Finally, does it make you play better? No idea but I wanted to share my experience...on my third game after getting these I melted the witch for the first time. I'd been trying melt the witch for like 8 months. (I know, I'm not very good, but hey I have fun!) May have been a coincidence of course but I got close again tonight to destroying the witch, hoping that will be a regular thing now with these lights
In conclusion - highly recommend this product.

Hey thank you TWIP for the supporting words and appreciation of the Pin Stadiums. I really am thankful for you and how much you are doing for all of us as a pinball community. I consider it an honor to have you as a customer and to have them in your machine!

I do have a lot of people saying that they are getting higher scores after the installs and I do experience the same simply because of the high visibility of the playfield. So no you are not crazy!!

Your machine looks great too and I like how you got a good unique view/angle on the Before and After comparisons too if WOZ.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1521 6 years ago

OK you win again! Take my dam money Scott!! Woz is in house and Awesome but as my wife so politely put it "it's awful dark, why can't it look like all the other games?" Order placed Again. Make Ruby shine like a jewel please! Thank you.

#1523 6 years ago

I was wondering since i have smoke switch mod on my 75 woz can you make the uv color more of a red than purple to match the mod on witch hits .?

#1531 6 years ago

OK, I will now put Scott on the spot publicly with a Request! Would you Please consider adding a replacement magnetic strip set option to your online ordering page. In my example I am going to put them on WOZ the minute they arrive (tomorrow) but I Know in due time I will find a set of Blades I actually like and will be forced to tear off the existing Pin Stadium magnet strips. I can't be the Only pinball guy that changes his mind daily?? Just a consideration for us modders/tinkerers as well as Long term product growth. I see Pin Stadium lights being around for a Long time!

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Very impressive!

Side note funny #Zmeny. The WOZ next to it I picked up from an Awesome Pinsider this week in SO IL. He was telling me the story of his NIB Tron he sold to a cool fellow in So IN. I said, are you talking about the man himself from SDTM? Yep, thats the guy! So was there a Popeye in the box or was he an honest seller! lol Small world we live in!

#1557 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks for the quick response Scott!
I can see where this color strategy works for 99.9% of the games out there and was a good choice. It really looks stunning on SW... I'll have to do more research on how it might work on AVLE since that game does not have white GI, its all RGB and triggers around the PF in unison.
Can you connect the GI trigger input to a flasher (can the input tolerate the higher voltage)? There might be a flasher spotlight on AVLE that might work as a good trigger to turn off the stadium lights.

I'm not familiar with AVLE but WOZ (and all JJP games??) GI is completely RGB (other than some spotlights) and the GI integration works very well in that game. As Scott said it does not match colors but I don't really think you'd want it to.

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks for the quick response Scott!
I can see where this color strategy works for 99.9% of the games out there and was a good choice. It really looks stunning on SW... I'll have to do more research on how it might work on AVLE since that game does not have white GI, its all RGB and triggers around the PF in unison.
Can you connect the GI trigger input to a flasher (can the input tolerate the higher voltage)? There might be a flasher spotlight on AVLE that might work as a good trigger to turn off the stadium lights.

You are welcome and yes that strategy is great for most all of them, and even in the case of RGB bulbs like in WOZ(my top seller) it does a heck of a job and with your color preferences and patterns(if you wanted) dialed in on the app I am confident you will have a set up that is to your liking with The Avengers. Mark can you tell you what they did and you can see what you think of his method. He was super happy is all I know but the specifics he can give you.

Yes you can trigger the flashers from any bulb and GI from any bulb, in fact on either one you can trigger from any 4v-24v source, motor, inlay bulb, white GI bulb, RGB bulb, any wire or trigger possible as long as it is not on the switch matrix as that would be strobe city! I think you are going to come up with something cool and when you do get the lights please share if you don't mind. I am happy to help you also of course.

Scott

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just for fun I put yours next to this one

Wow. What a big difference. Do you have WOZ in stock right now?

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Wow. What a big difference. Do you have WOZ in stock right now?

Yes it’s a big change and that one is on my personal machine now.

Yes WOZ kits (GI and UV+Glow) are in stock as are others too. I have added an improved flasher adapter for WOZ that comes included with the Pin Stadium kit to make it even easier to install.

Scott

#1628 6 years ago

Lol. Travis? He was blown away when he saw them on my WOZ.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Invisi-Shield
Also I have been testing and working for on a new design for several months for the Pin Stadiums. It’s a new feature called the “Invisi-Shield” which will hide the lights from the side completely.
Currently the Pin Stadiums can’t be seen when playing or when you are next to the machine, but when you get a few pinballs down you can see the source of the lights.
I have customers that like this look in their game room and those operators feel it draws more attention to the games which increases their profits on route.
Some though have requested this new exciting feature!
This new option is designed so that it’s completely stealth, matte finish that matches the finish current Pin Stadium design you all have, it’s durable, flexible, bendable, hold postion, ultra thin (did I say ultra ultra thin?) so that it clears “any” close clearances obstructions on the playfield (don’t worry I tested for them all). Also it does not affect the results of the Pin Stadiums on the playfield, as it simply stops lights from streaming outside the cabinet.
Here is an example of them on Dialed In and I compared them next to The Hobbit.
And also don’t worry no need to wait to buy Pin Stadiums as it will be able to be added to all existing kits too in the same fashion. I would love to hear your thoughts and what you think!

Love the look and all the upgrades, can’t wait until I have enough saved up to get this for my WOZ!!!

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Love the look and all the upgrades, can’t wait until I have enough saved up to get this for my WOZ!!!

Looking forward to you being able to get a set for WOZ!

#1656 6 years ago

Got mine on WOZ...First purchase of Pin Stadium Lights...they look awesome and make a big difference. The picture with the PS Lights off is especially dark on the spinning house as I took the spotlight out after the bulb kept popping out...

Thanks for all your help Scott.

WOZ Pin Stadium Off (resized).jpgWOZ Pin Stadium Off (resized).jpg

Pin Stadium On (resized).jpgPin Stadium On (resized).jpg

#1679 6 years ago

Crazy wish but I have always hoped the pin stadium lights could mirror the RGB light changing effects of the modern titles like JJP etc. Having them go blue during a light saber mode in SW or red during a WOZ witch mode. Priceless. Well almost... lol

1 week later
#1717 6 years ago

Okay good news and clarification for JJP WOZ ECLE edition. That will sync with the GI and not be constant on anymore. However make note that the connection I have figured out on WOZRR and WOZRR 2.0 triggers from a special spot that does sync GI and also goes out during “Lights Out”. However technically GI on WOZ does not go out during that mode but the inlay lights do.

If you look closely you will see that and the intended result from JJP is to have the inserts go out so that you don’t know where to shoot but since the GI is dismal in WOZ from the factory you “think” that the GI goes but it does not. It’s just that the GI impact is not bright on that game with the factory lighting during that mode.

However with the Pin Stadiums on WOZRR and up (2.0) the connection I have does make the Pin Stadiums goes out during that mode which is what I feel it should do and this is like an extra feature that Pin Stadium adds to the game when they are installed since it’s the contrast of all this great light on the playfield and then that mood starts and the lights go off.

I hope this helps those with ECLE to know the good news!

#1745 6 years ago

After talking with Scott and seeing his lights in person here at TPF I just ordered 2 sets for my AFMr LE and MMr. My friend also ordered one for his Woz. Scott was great to talk to. You can tell he is passionate about creating a great product. I admire his hard work and innovation. Capitalism at its finest, and I mean that in a very positive way, building a better mousetrap!

1 week later
#1793 6 years ago

This is the mod to get! Pinstadiums, I have 6 pins in my collection/Gameroom, and I’m totally blown away these, they really make the pin come to life , A few of my games the playfield was kinda dark and hard to see, Once I’ve installed pinstadiums WOW! What a difference, I really look forward to playing my games now and watching the lights, UV is the way to go for the Flasher lights, the GI lights you can set to any color, For example TWD Red and it’s a red setting Star Trek I’ve set to Blue and WOZ green for emerald city, The customer service is absolutely the best, Scott will get back to you within minutes if you have any questions on hookups, after you install the first one, the rest are a breeze, I would say it’s one of the easiest mods to install, So to my fellow pinsiders, this is the mod to get!

111911A3-CA8C-4933-B3F2-6D0BB72AFE48 (resized).jpeg111911A3-CA8C-4933-B3F2-6D0BB72AFE48 (resized).jpeg

CEF02CCF-21CC-4DB0-8FB1-3EBF7D6C561C (resized).jpegCEF02CCF-21CC-4DB0-8FB1-3EBF7D6C561C (resized).jpeg

2BE6751A-15C7-43D5-A9C9-D2D9C119D7A2 (resized).jpeg2BE6751A-15C7-43D5-A9C9-D2D9C119D7A2 (resized).jpeg

B2324EA6-6451-4B08-91AC-0E32D37F360F (resized).jpegB2324EA6-6451-4B08-91AC-0E32D37F360F (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Still no delivery of order....Ugh. Today is April 18th. I have not seen a confirmation email that is out for delivery. Are these still delayed? My order number is 14316.

I checked and you have a WOZ kit, it is ready to ship but I am making specific adapters for them now to make it even easier to connect. These will ship out Monday or Tuesday when I have the connectors finished. Thank you for being patient and believe me it will be worth the wait. For specific order questions email me at [email protected] so I can communicate faster and directly with you. Glad to help!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

1 week later
#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I'm not sure what you are talking about. We had a discussion in this very thread. I also have emails between us. Communication has been fine, it's just no product has been delivered. I'll wait longer.

Okay sorry just wanting to make sure you received all of the communication no problem then it is all good then. I just thought maybe you didn’t get the messages since you posted here. Email is best for order so specific questions ([email protected]) . Yes, all of the new WOZ kit adapters (in stock now) were what took so long as I wanted you to have those even though you could install without it, it just makes the install so much easier trust me. I PM'd you the tracking number also thanks. If you have any questions with the install and need help shoot me an email and I will be glad to help you!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

1 week later
#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have a set of Pinstadiums coming in for my RRWOZ. Will I love it?

Probably the best game I added them to. WOZ Really needs the lighting assist and it Really lets you see how beautiful the art is on that machine. Hands down my favorite game for added lighting.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Every time I see a WOZ on location I just think “this needs pinstadium so bad”

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WOZ was one of the first games that motivated me to create the Pin Stadiums. I promise you will be a very happy camper.

#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Sounds like a very cool wife!

She's a keeper for sure. We bought your Pinstadium lights at YEGPIN. She was there all weekend and now wants an AFMle and WOZ after playing them for three days straight.

When we get those Pinstadium will be going into the WOZ for sure

IMG_20180506_0952110.jpgIMG_20180506_0952110.jpg
IMG_20180504_2152068.jpgIMG_20180504_2152068.jpg

#2031 5 years ago

Huge weekend for WOZ Pin Stadiums this weekend. It’s like an army of them got fitted for some reason. Well we know the reason

D1D10A6B-27A4-460A-BAF5-51B88D470D33 (resized).jpegD1D10A6B-27A4-460A-BAF5-51B88D470D33 (resized).jpeg

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Huge weekend for WOZ Pin Stadiums this weekend. It’s like an army of them got fitted for some reason. Well we know the reason

Loving my BM66LE pinstadiums, will probably get one for IMDNLE when i get it set up.

I still haven't gotten around to putting on my Woz pin stadiums yet, mostly because i've been busy playing other games but partly because i have an older butter cab Wozecle with the updated light boards, none of which have ever failed.

Has anybody experienced any issue with these light boards and pinstadiums?

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Loving my BM66LE pinstadiums, will probably get one for IMDNLE when i get it set up.
I still haven't gotten around to putting on my Woz pin stadiums yet, mostly because i've been busy playing other games but partly because i have an older butter cab Wozecle with the updated light boards, none of which have ever failed.
Has anybody experienced any issue with these light boards and pinstadiums?

Yes they do well for IMDN LE and many sets have been sold for that machine. No issues with the WOZ machines so it’s compltely safe.

1 week later
#2101 5 years ago

Last night was a blast and a huge hit! We explored the amazing game of IMDN LE. Tons of viewers and tons of fun having you all watch the Straight Down the Middle 666 Iron Maiden LE Stream last night. It will also be posted up on Youtube later this week on the SDTM Youtube Channel in case you missed it. We will also edit out the spots were the internet connection got a little strange.

We need to congratulate a well deserved winner that has been an amazing resource for our community. The Pin Stadium prize could not have gone to a better person other than Lloyd LTG

He has been a great resource and support system for all of us. He humbly accepted and chose the WOZ Wizard of Oz Pin Stadium kit for his machine!! Thank you Lloyd for your support of all of us including the stream last night.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

imdn_stream_thanks_winner (resized).pngimdn_stream_thanks_winner (resized).png

#2125 5 years ago

First of all let me think Scott for a wonderful product. I can't thank him enough for his out standing customer service as well. I got the pinstadium lights about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I was having issues with my WOZ lighting. Nothing to do with the Pinstadium lighting. Scott day and night was trying to help me solve this issue. I mean day and night. Sometimes at 12 midnight on a weekend. WHAT!!!! This kind of kindness and service does not exist, right? Wrong!! With Scott it does. Well I finally got the WOZ fixed yesterday with new lamp board wire connectors. Once I hooked up the Pinstadium, he was on the phone again helping me go thru the app. Outstanding. Scott does not sell a product, take your $ and say see ya. He will back his product up 100% everyday. All my pins will have Pinstadium. Guaranteed. I installed the lights and I showed my wife. She was like, what the F did u do. She told me to move to the side and let her play. Pinstadium only on 50%. Can u tell the diff. First pic off second on.

20180526_190116 (resized).jpg20180526_190116 (resized).jpg
20180526_190143 (resized).jpg20180526_190143 (resized).jpg

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

First of all let me think Scott for a wonderful product. I can't thank him enough for his out standing cuatomer service as well. I got the pinstadium lights about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I was having issues with my WOZ lighting. Nothing to do with the Pinstadium lighting. Scott day and night was trying to help me solve this issue. I mean day and night. Sometimes at 12 midnight on a weekend. WHAT!!!! This kind of kindness and service does not exist, right? Wrong!! With Scott it does. Well I finally got the WOZ fixed yesterday with new lamp board wire connectors. Once I hooked up the Pinstadium, he was on the phone again helping me go thru the app. Outstanding. Scott does not sell a product, take your $ and say see ya. He will back his product up 100% everyday. All my pins will have Pinstadium. Guaranteed. I installed the lights and I showed my wife. She was like, what the F did u do. She told me to move to the side and let her play. Pinstadium only on 50%. Can u tell the diff. First pic off second on.

WOZ needs Pin Stadiums in a big way, maybe more so than any other game except Pinball Magic.

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

First of all let me think Scott for a wonderful product. I can't thank him enough for his out standing customer service as well. I got the pinstadium lights about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I was having issues with my WOZ lighting. Nothing to do with the Pinstadium lighting. Scott day and night was trying to help me solve this issue. I mean day and night. Sometimes at 12 midnight on a weekend. WHAT!!!! This kind of kindness and service does not exist, right? Wrong!! With Scott it does. Well I finally got the WOZ fixed yesterday with new lamp board wire connectors. Once I hooked up the Pinstadium, he was on the phone again helping me go thru the app. Outstanding. Scott does not sell a product, take your $ and say see ya. He will back his product up 100% everyday. All my pins will have Pinstadium. Guaranteed. I installed the lights and I showed my wife. She was like, what the F did u do. She told me to move to the side and let her play. Pinstadium only on 50%. Can u tell the diff. First pic off second on.

I’m glad that we were able to get your WOZ in its best state ever and then adding the Pin Stadiums on top of that was icing on the cake! Thank you for taking the time to post up here and to have such kind words also. It’s good to get feedback on how the product is doing and how I am doing.

I love to see everyone ecstatic once they get these in their machines. I know from personal experience the feeling I still get when I put them in a new machine. That feeling never goes away.

Even better this was your first set of them which makes it even more fun to help you.

Your WOZ is now ready for the museum to be on display in its best form!! Congrats man and good job on this well accomplished mission. It was fun! “It’s all about the journey”

#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

WOZ needs Pin Stadiums in a big way, maybe more so than any other game except Pinball Magic.

I remember you when you installed them along time ago. In fact your were the very first person to install them on WOZ and Pinball Magic. The good ole days!

#2130 5 years ago

I just got 786,000 on my WOZ. Why, because I can see the pinball now.

#2143 5 years ago

I just bought a ruby red 2.0 woz new 1 month ago. It is confusing what options to get on pinstadium lights. Do i get GI plug in option and flasher option? Someone who has installed lights on woz please let me know. Are they hard to install?

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I just bought a ruby red 2.0 woz new 1 month ago. It is confusing what options to get on pinstadium lights. Do i get GI plug in option and flasher option? Someone who has installed lights on woz please let me know. Are they hard to install?

Quoted from bobukcat:

I've had them on my RR for some time and I do recommend the GI and UV Glow flashers. Your install will be a little different than mine because yours should have the new (2.0) light system while I have the older style, regardless the install is simple and Scott has already posted on how / where to connect to the new system. The entire process will probably take less than 30 minutes and you'll be glad you did it. If you do run into any problems you can be sure Scott will be there quickly to help you out.

Thank you bobukcat answered it all as I would suggest. Thank you for helping him out!! He installed the first WOZ Pin Stadium kit ever, so he is a very seasoned veteran in this arena. The good ole days Bob!

The install is very simple and the GI Module with the UV+Glow will make you a very happy camper. The 2.0 board system is not a problem and I am more than happy to standby to help at a moments notice should you have any questions. Also I have WOZ kits in stock so I can ship the same day to you at the moment.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here are the before and after pictures of the Pinstadium lights installed in my Wizard Of Oz.
Thank you Pinstadium. You make a great product, it really improved my game !
LTG : )

Wow, and thank you! WOZ is looking superb and you are very welcome. I am glad that you finally got to witness them in person.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2232 5 years ago

That is seriously the best footage I have seen of WOZ with them! It shows off the tight GI integration and the UV+Glow too when the witch comes up.

I am thankful for you to be taking the time to post this up from your SS Billiards location.

Even cooler is that you love them and you are a JJP tech too. Wow I feel honored to have someone such as yourself loving these lights. Thanks Lloyd LTG

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2234 5 years ago

Here is a video of where the connections go on wizard of ruby red 2.0 lights new build 12/2017. Scott walked me through this morning since I am pretty novice when it comes to this stuff. pin Stadium lights on woz are incredible. Scott great product and truly excellent customer service.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Here is a video of where the connections go on wizard of ruby red 2.0 lights new build 12/2017. Scott walked me through this morning since I am pretty novice when it comes to this stuff. pin Stadium lights on woz are incredible. Scott great product and truly excellent customer service.

It was nice talking to you this morning and I was more than happy to walk you through it. WOZ requires a little more skill for the install and it’s so helpful that you posted this awesome instructional video.

It’s going to be something I will reference for the WOZ 2.0 owners for the install of the Pin Stadium lights. It will make it super easy for them.

I’m very appreciative of you taking the time out of your day to do this for me and for others.

Enjoy that WOZ now in its glory!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2236 5 years ago

Before and after pics on my ruby red woz 2.0. Unbelievable how amazing it makes the gameplay!

E940C936-48DC-44F6-BA77-D56FA273A0D0 (resized).jpegE940C936-48DC-44F6-BA77-D56FA273A0D0 (resized).jpegF975794F-8F9C-4F3E-BD16-AC028E4AEF08 (resized).jpegF975794F-8F9C-4F3E-BD16-AC028E4AEF08 (resized).jpeg
#2237 5 years ago

I've just ordered my 1st set of light. Should be here by weeks end. But after seeing all the before and after pictures it's just amazing the difference. Can't wait to put them on AS and play to see the light show. Probably the first few games with the glass off. I might even get high score for once. RED RUBY WOZ 2.0 looks Super Amazing

#2261 5 years ago

I’d probably pony up for another set or two if they had customizable flasher colors.

Also can you imagine rapidly changing RGB flashers on a game like WOZ?

3 months later
#2998 5 years ago

I picked up a third set for my Woz second-hand and reached out with a couple questions. Five minutes after I emailed he rang me up, explained what went where, and sent me two missing parts free of charge with express shipping. They showed up the next day.

I know these are not everybody’s cup of tea, but man... this guy really stands behind his product and I’m super impressed with the support I’ve gotten from him. Cheers.

#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I picked up a third set for my Woz second-hand and reached out with a couple questions. Five minutes after I emailed he rang me up, explained what went where, and sent me two missing parts free of charge with express shipping. They showed up the next day.
I know these are not everybody’s cup of tea, but man... this guy really stands behind his product and I’m super impressed with the support I’ve gotten from him. Cheers.

The way I look at it is that it is my responsibility to make sure you get what you need and to support the product as much as I can. Can't wait to hear what you think of them on WOZ!! Thanks for the encouraging post too!

#3040 5 years ago

I have put together some official Tricks and Tips section for those that really want to get the most out of their Pin Stadium and Orion's Belt products. This question has come up a lot since many customers have the Pin Stadiums on their Iron Maiden after seeing the SDTM stream and also in person at Pinburgh on Trent from Tilt Amusements machine.

"Achieving Gold" is one of the best things to really enhance and bring the IMDN artwork even more alive! A lot of games have gold in them on the playfield so this applies to many pinball machine such as: IJ,TOM,WOZ,The Hobbit, The Shadow, and many more. So even of you don't have these games mentioned, take a look at your playfields and do some fun experimenting with this gold spectrum. A color that has never able to be achieved before until now with the app.

When you are in the Pin Stadium app simply tap on the "RGB" menu on the top left and it will open up an additional granular control menu to dial in the exact values of lights (note the number values in this picture Red: 255, Green: 200, Blue: 59).

This can really step up your Pin Stadium game to a whole new level.

For Orion's Belt it is an incredible accent to add a blast of Gold to the playfield with your flashers. That combined with the Pin Stadium gold is a wicked effect worth seeing in person, even drop a little bit of XTreme white in there and you are golden, haha!

I will continue to update and give out some of these tips (there are tons of them) for you all to venture even further into the lighting controls of the Pin Stadium app.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

orion_gold (resized).pngorion_gold (resized).png

#3056 5 years ago

I like my pinstadium on BM66 and Woz

I don’t get Orion belt so I guess I just need to see it on Tuesday.

1 week later
#3139 5 years ago

Also here are some highly requested Before and Afters of WOZ Wizard of Oz

There is a special adapter that comes with this one to make the connection to the flasher even easier. This triggers the UV+Glow from the witch for a really vibrant light show with a very "eerie" effect that Jack from JJP said he loves! He recently contacted us for Pin Stadiums for both of his personal WOZ machines and said he loves what they do for the machine. Great guy and great manufacturer that is really pushing the bounds of pinball in such an incredible way, it's an honor to say the very least.

woz_follow_yb (resized).pngwoz_follow_yb (resized).png
#3140 5 years ago

This newer method of connecting the flasher for WOZ has been around for a few months, but if anyone with an earlier WOZ Pin Stadium kit would like to upgrade to an even better connection please email me at [email protected]

Other than Alien and WOZ, the Pin Stadiums do not need anything specific to work on any machine. Which means if you sell a machine you can easily transfer that over to a new one. I did create a "Transport Pack" for this purposes that customer's suggested would be nice. If you need one of those here is the link: https://pinstadium.com/product/transport-pack/

It's all about progression

#3141 5 years ago

Here is a good quality customer uploaded video of that connection to WOZ for the flasher and also demonstrates the Pin Stadium's GI module doing is job by syncing with the game's modes. Thanks bobukcat !!! :

#3153 5 years ago

Okay here is the final list of machines that will be at the booth at Expo. A lot of good titles and variety. I hope you all will be happy with them!

Attack From Mars
The Flintstones
Godzilla
Congo
Lord of the Rings
Ghostbusters
Dialed In
WOZ
Theater of Magic
Scared Stiff
Whirlwind
Monster Bash
Twilight Zone
Demolition Man
Star Wars
Deadpool LE
Iron Maiden LE
Medieval Madness LE
The Walking Dead Premium
Transformers LE

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I understand what you are saying now. Can you send me an underside picture of where you are connecting the UV+Glow? The machine controls the flasher portion and not the app. Somewhere along the line you are getting voltage from the machine and it’s likely the location or connection. I put mine on the lighting bolt flashers. The right lightning bolt on the left ramp.

So I had an interesting experience, possibly similar in nature, but with a different (completely unrelated? or slightly related?) cause. I have the pinstadium on my green WoZ. The WoZ cabinet power switch was turned off, and we had a power outage. Because of the reported power sensitivity of the WoZ, it happens to be hooked up to a UPS, which is capable of powering the entire machine for a few minutes, so that it won't ever experience sudden power fluctuations. The UPS kicked in instantly of course, and while the cabinet was still switched off, the lights (UV if I remember right?) started this very dim flickering glow. I probably would not have noticed if it wasn't so dark at the time. When I noticed this I thought "uh-oh, wonder what thats all about" and turned off the UPS. seems to work fine, but there was definitely some kind of sensitivity to something going on. Perhaps it is this sensitivity that is causing this other effect as well.

2 weeks later
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've been late to the Pinstadium Party, but finally installed a set on my Iron Maiden Premium (before/after photos). Difference is pretty dramatic. Iron Maiden is woefully void of spot lights near the slings or middle of the PF. The stripping effect on the metal ramps is a little annoying, but not a big deal for me (guess the "photon merger" will help with this?).
Over the years, I've solved poor GI lighting with PinballBulbs Double Spotlight kits ($25 each). Pinstadium lights are a more complete, but costly solution to solving the PF lighting the problem. The product with all the bells and whistles is $279.90 (GI module, UV+Glow flasher color, Invisi-Shield). From a packaging perspective, I'd like fewer choices...the GI module is required and I think the Invisible-Shield should be built-in (one less thing to install). The choices add complexity to the buying experience and made me feel like I was getting "nickeled and dimed".
The photos speak for themselves, and to be honest, the game looks even better in person. I've purchased HD glass for some of my games and I've always been on the fence about value. Sure, HD glass is an improvement, but the difference for me isn't dramatic (which is kind of disappointing at $300 a sheet). For me, the Pinstadium lights are a dramatic improvement. My Iron Maiden "stock" glass seems to disappear with the Pinstadium lighting...didn't expect this "feature".
In any event, will install Pinstadium on my Dialed In later today! Since it has HD glass, it will be interesting to see the difference...
Thanks to Scott for his excellent product & support!
snaroff
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey thank you very much for posting this up and I really appreciate your support for the product. I am sure the machine looks even better in person and I am glad that you are happy with the results. The Photon Merger will be what you are looking for with the light reflections that become apparent on some reflective objects, stay tuned for that.......

The reason the Invisi-Shield is separate is because there are many games that the Pin Stadiums would not fit on due to playfield objects, toys, habitrails, ramps, etc if they were one composite piece. Believe me I tried and the ones I tested right away proved this to be the case (CFTBL, BSD, WOZ, AC/DC, WH20, etc, most any EM, and many many others).

The Invisi-Shields needed to be durable yet flexible to be able to conform around these objects, so the only way to do that was to make it separate otherwise the Pin Stadium light bar itself would have to be that thickness (very thin) and it would have been like a wet noodle and in adequate to be able to mount/hold the lights and Magna-Mounts That is the reason they are two pieces.

With Orion's Belt I was able to combine it into the design due to the fact that it mounts under the Pin Stadiums in a much smaller form factor and that area does not commonly have playfield object obstructions.

I am glad that you were able experience the "Invisi-Look" glass effect that they deliver once installed. This dramatically reduces and in many cases removes any kind of glare. Once you put them on your DILE with the Invisi-Glass that comes with it you will think that you can put your hands through the glass right to the playfield.

Can't wait to hear what you think of them on Dialed In. Jack from JJP saw them on Dialed In CE at last Expo and he was very impressed with them on that machine!!

Keep us posted!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
invisi_look (resized).pnginvisi_look (resized).png

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Has anyone eliminated their spotlights because of the Pinstadiums? I really don’t like the spots in my Star Wars. Noticed them in the POTC in your pic too. Hopefully get my POTC next week. Any video in action on POTC? Are the spots still providing a unique light show different than the Pinstadiums?

In all of my older WPC games where I added 5-7 spotlights to attempt to. brighten them (before Pin Stadiums) I removed them due to their reflections off the backglass/DMD and what limited GI they did proxies was no longer needed. They also were an eyesore and balls would commonly get stuck there too many times.

On JJP WOZ I pull all factory spotlights out and the 6-7 I had added myself.

On the Sterns (SAM and Whitestar) I do the same, but on Spike 1 and 2 machines I pull/disable the spotlights only by the slingshots (because they are used for GI) since the Pin Stadiums makes them not needed (they have no GI effect) and leave the ones that are closer to the back of the playfield because they are normally there to provide flashing effects. Plus they don’t normally off the back glass/DMD due to their close distance and angle.

For example Sparky on MET or the Sarcophagus on IMDN the provide legitimate visual effects that also do not reflect so I leave them.

So general rule is if they are used for flashers they should stay in my opinion and if they are for GI there is no need for them.

I hope that helps and maybe others can chime in on this to let us know what they do on there machines....

#3329 5 years ago

For a live example (from my machine before Pin Stadiums existed) here is a picture of WOZ as it comes from the factory (I do have some led strips in the back by the castle doors and I did have spotlights I added that were disabled in the pic and later of course removed)

8DC71FD8-7033-4D69-94D4-22AADAE46D08 (resized).jpeg8DC71FD8-7033-4D69-94D4-22AADAE46D08 (resized).jpeg

#3347 5 years ago

Okay here we go again. How many spotlights did I add on WOZ prior to the Pin Stadium install? (Don't count the 2 factory spots). $25 gift card to the winner of this. I will chime in when the answer is correct.

wozafter (resized).jpegwozafter (resized).jpeg
#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is only for the spotlights I should clarify

Well then my official guess is 8. You're making me miss my WOZ with this contest of yours. haha

#3357 5 years ago

Here they all are on WOZ:

woz_spotlight_solved (resized).pngwoz_spotlight_solved (resized).png
#3376 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

PM sent with $25 gift card code!

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice

woz_b.jpgwoz_b.jpg
#3377 5 years ago

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice [quoted image]

Oh man! I always love seeing WOZ in its glory and yours is surely exactly THAT!

I’m glad to have helped you on this and I really am thankful for your support. You have a lot of Pin Stadiums for sure. How many is that for you now?

#3378 5 years ago

WOZ’s are coming out of the woodwork with Pin Stadiums. Here is another customer pic!

8B0EB0B4-820B-4A1D-9E5D-5B87EAD260CB (resized).jpeg8B0EB0B4-820B-4A1D-9E5D-5B87EAD260CB (resized).jpegCBAB85A4-291C-42FF-B4ED-1CC4E311195E (resized).jpegCBAB85A4-291C-42FF-B4ED-1CC4E311195E (resized).jpegCDF08732-2D25-403A-A574-0397AE58E515 (resized).jpegCDF08732-2D25-403A-A574-0397AE58E515 (resized).jpeg
#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Oh Wow!!!! That's one of the first in the Tri-State area. Very exciting and congrats on getting your POTC!

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice [quoted image]

That's the best I've ever seen WoZ look with these. Very nice!

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes, that picture really did a great job capturing the essence of the Pin Stadium/WOZ combination!

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks man! I use the same basic settings on all my games that have them... push the color all the way to red, and keep the brightness and color a bit under the 50% mark... it gives everything a nice warm-white glow without blasting your eyeballs off. Woz in particular looks killer since all the metal is powder-coated and you don't get the light-brite dots

Can't wait for the diffuser apparatus!

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Very pleased with this product. Scott was very patient and helpful when I ran into issues. Thank you for a pleasant experience. Really well built and provides excellent light options. Thanks Scott!
[quoted image]

Wow that’s awesome to hear. I am glad you are happy and that I was able to help you out. Your WOZ looks incredible now!!

#3451 5 years ago

I have had a few questions about how to reset Orion’s Belt. It will be the same process as the Pin Stadiums.

https://pinstadium.com/app-faqs/

Once you reset them you should see the lights change through color sequences red, green,blue, and white. At that point you will see the “LEDNet******” network in your mobile device’s WiFi settings. Tap on that and connect to it. From there you should be good to go!

When labeling your devices in the app you can use the naming convention something like this:

Wizard of OZ
Wizard of OZ(OB)

Of course “OB” will help you to identify the Orion’s Belt for WOZ!

2 weeks later
#3536 5 years ago

First for all of the Pinstadium fans, I have them on my DI and AS and love them. Here is a different review. I received my newest set and installed them on my WOZ yesterday. Pinstadiums are great for some pins, maybe not for others. During the first game with them, a light board on my playfield went out - I think it was during the UV flash. Related? Maybe, maybe not - never had a board go bad in the 5 years I had it. That aside, before pinstadiums I liked the different light shows and the way the GI would go really dim at times for effect. I put the pinstadiums at low level for color (30%) and White at about 10% to just accent the light to not make it as dark during normal play. The pinstadiums did not turn off as the GI does not turn off (or very rarely does). So the GI option is not really needed in my opinion if you like them on this pin. Even at those low of settings, you do loose some of the lighting effects. The UV flash triggered by the witch flashing LED is just too much. A few seconds of blinding flashes every time the witch goes up and down was not good. Don't get me wrong, I love the short flashes on my DI and AS. If you have the witch red smoke mod, you would likely never see that as the UV flash just floods everything. If there was a way to turn down the flash, it would be better on this pin. Or maybe order it with the red flash to go along with the red smoke mod. Maybe just pinstadiums without the flash option. I like the light shows though, even though the pinstadium "effect" looked good at expo. So for me, it was a good try, but not for me on WOZ. This is not the pinstadium product's fault and I don't blame it. The trigger options are just not that great for this pin.

In the end, after I get a new light board from JJP, I will probably take off the pinstadiums from the WOZ. I might put them on my JJPOTC that hasn't arrived yet. Has anybody removed the magnets from the sides and put them on another pin? Do they still stick?

I'm not intending to bash the pinstadium product, just a review that … maybe it's not for the WOZ if you like the light shows as they are. I know other people do love it on WOZ to brighten it up. Opinions are not wrong … I just felt that I should speak up so that others will know what to expect and maybe help them to decide on options for this pin. I would have tried red flash and no GI triggering option if I knew what I know now. Just my opinion. Did I mention that I love them on DI and AS?

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

First for all of the Pinstadium fans, I have them on my DI and AS and love them. Here is a different review. I received my newest set and installed them on my WOZ yesterday. Pinstadiums are great for some pins, maybe not for others. During the first game with them, a light board on my playfield went out - I think it was during the UV flash. Related? Maybe, maybe not - never had a board go bad in the 5 years I had it. That aside, before pinstadiums I liked the different light shows and the way the GI would go really dim at times for effect. I put the pinstadiums at low level for color (30%) and White at about 10% to just accent the light to not make it as dark during normal play. The pinstadiums did not turn off as the GI does not turn off (or very rarely does). So the GI option is not really needed in my opinion if you like them on this pin. Even at those low of settings, you do loose some of the lighting effects. The UV flash triggered by the witch flashing LED is just too much. A few seconds of blinding flashes every time the witch goes up and down was not good. Don't get me wrong, I love the short flashes on my DI and AS. If you have the witch red smoke mod, you would likely never see that as the UV flash just floods everything. If there was a way to turn down the flash, it would be better on this pin. Or maybe order it with the red flash to go along with the red smoke mod. Maybe just pinstadiums without the flash option. I like the light shows though, even though the pinstadium "effect" looked good at expo. So for me, it was a good try, but not for me on WOZ. This is not the pinstadium product's fault and I don't blame it. The trigger options are just not that great for this pin.
In the end, after I get a new light board from JJP, I will probably take off the pinstadiums from the WOZ. I might put them on my JJPOTC that hasn't arrived yet. Has anybody removed the magnets from the sides and put them on another pin? Do they still stick?
I'm not intending to bash the pinstadium product, just a review that … maybe it's not for the WOZ if you like the light shows as they are. I know other people do love it on WOZ to brighten it up. Opinions are not wrong … I just felt that I should speak up so that others will know what to expect and maybe help them to decide on options for this pin. I would have tried red flash and no GI triggering option if I knew what I know now. Just my opinion. Did I mention that I love them on DI and AS?

Very fair opinion nothing wrong with that. Regarding the WOZ board going out would you consider sending me a PM to share which board and what actually went out. NOT blaming the PS lights but I installed them on my WOZ and granted don't play the game that often (maybe a dozen times) and the entire lower GI went dead? I started noticing the PS lights flickering more often then playfield out. Just curious which model and boardset you have in your WOZ if you would share that with me to help me decide what to do next. As the boards are known to be weak maybe the additional lights was not a good decision? Again Not blaming the PS lights just wondering if they are to much load on this board set. Thanks.

FYI- Regarding removing them. DO use caution. I posted this previously in another post. The Only time I ever tried to remove PS lights was on my WOZ as I finally found a side art package I liked. While slowly pulling the magnet tape off it pulled off a Lot of the wood (yes wood!) cabinet with it! Good glue? Poor cabinet? Don't know just be Careful and pull Up and Back as you peel or you will end up with wood tape! lol

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Very fair opinion nothing wrong with that. Regarding the WOZ board going out would you consider sending me a PM to share which board and what actually went out. NOT blaming the PS lights but I installed them on my WOZ and granted don't play the game that often (maybe a dozen times) and the entire lower GI went dead? I started noticing the PS lights flickering more often then playfield out. Just curious which model and boardset you have in your WOZ if you would share that with me to help me decide what to do next. As the boards are known to be weak maybe the additional lights was not a good decision? Again Not blaming the PS lights just wondering if they are to much load on this board set. Thanks.
FYI- Regarding removing them. DO use caution. I posted this previously in another post. The Only time I ever tried to remove PS lights was on my WOZ as I finally found a side art package I liked. While slowly pulling the magnet tape off it pulled off a Lot of the wood (yes wood!) cabinet with it! Good glue? Poor cabinet? Don't know just be Careful and pull Up and Back as you peel or you will end up with wood tape! lol

Of my current 5 games, WoZ is also for me the one I think that these lights do the least for (aside from the dim GI enhancement I have it set for that is). I agree about the UV flashing on the witch too, and I remember feeling a bit wary on the UV vs. Red flasher decision as well. Perhaps that would have been the wiser choice, hard to say without being able to see the red however. It is what it is. I do absolutely rave over the stadium lights on my other 4 machines though. Not only for the good GI, but the UV flashers are a great compliment on all of them as well.

When you mentioned removing the magnets, it occurred to me that in my experience, many "stick on" adhesives do loosen a bit with some heat. I wonder if some gentle warming with a hairdryer might help here. Just a thought..

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hey thanks for posting this up and your review of them. The Pin Stadiums do not draw any power from the boards as I am simply signal sensing what the LED board is doing. There are hundreds of WOZ machines out there with the Pin Stadiums installed reliably. Heck Jack himself even recommends them too!! However my guess is one of these things occurred:

The wire taps were touching ever so slightly when you they inserted into the connector on the board or that the connector got damaged during the install, or it was inserted into the wrong pins (this is what I am thinking since you didn’t see much or any GI interactivity). Those little GI boards are delicate at times as we all know.

If you have an ECLE then you will need to trigger them from the spotlight on the right for the throne room which stays on most of the time. This connection method is necessary because of the voltage on that older version of WOZ is low with the older board set, which means that you can’t trigger the Pin Stadiums from the inserts like you can on all of the other versions.

So depending on which model of WOZ you have, the connection is different for the Pin Stadiums. There are some detailed instructions for anyone wondering how to connect them on your version of WOZ. Here is the link and it’s under Step 1 of the JJP section under WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

One thing to keep in mind with WOZ is that the way it is designed, the GI is in most of the time but it’s not very pronounced, so when you add the Pin Stadiums and connect to the LED insert you will see some major results. This is why I use the methods suggested on the website because it adds that extra punch to the machine and for so many modes including “Lights Out” it is very appropriate.

For anyone with Pin Stadiums, it has become normal for us to see this massive GI interaction be because of this. However for anyone that does not have them on the machine you can observe this easily. Or if you have the Pin Stadiums, power them off and watch the factory GI and how it behaves. You might be very surprised what you see . They are on non stop for the most part. We get so used to the Pin Stadiums that this gets overlooked.

Regardless you will still need the GI module as that is what allows the hardwired connection to the machine. On all WOZ machines after ECLE then you will definitely be get some major GI interactivity! If you did not see that activity on yours then this would indicate that they were installed in the incorrect pins on the machine. If you need help with that please email me some pics ([email protected]) and I can walk you through it.

Regarding the UV+Glow, most everyone loves them on that machine and about 98% order them for that, but as with anything it all comes down to personal preference for sure. The machine controls the intensity of those, but a great ways to offset the brightness is to turn up the GI white lights in the app to offset the contrast of the GI versus the UV+Glow when it Flashers. If you have it at 30% then it’s going to have a relative higher visual contrast. Try bumping it up a little or you can easily disconnect the UV too.

Another thing you can do is to connect to the white LED on the other side of the witch for a really nice soft glow. I think you will really like that. Email me and I will show you how to do it. Basically you just move the top pin from the flasher connection down to the bottom, just leave the center one where it is.

Anyways I hope this helps out. As always, love the posts and feedback. This gives me a chance to help explains and details things to help you all out as much as I can. You guys are amazing and thanks for the outstanding support of the product!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The GI boards are definitely sensitive on that machine so again now power being drawn, so it’s one of the scenario listed above. 2.0 WOZ boards are much more reliable and the kinks have been worked out in those. It’s worth upgrading to them, a little bit of work but definitely worth it.

As far as removing the Magna Mounts for installing art blades etc, if you use a little heat from a hair dryer or low setting on a heat gun then they will come off very cleanly and easily.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Of my current 5 games, WoZ is also for me the one I think that these lights do the least for (aside from the dim GI enhancement I have it set for that is). I agree about the UV flashing on the witch too, and I remember feeling a bit wary on the UV vs. Red flasher decision as well. Perhaps that would have been the wiser choice, hard to say without being able to see the red however. It is what it is. I do absolutely rave over the stadium lights on my other 4 machines though. Not only for the good GI, but the UV flashers are a great compliment on all of them as well.
When you mentioned removing the magnets, it occurred to me that in my experience, many "stick on" adhesives do loosen a bit with some heat. I wonder if some gentle warming with a hairdryer might help here. Just a thought..

Yes this is a great example of the ECLE machine and GI method of connection mentioned in my previous post on this version of WOZ. Perfect example of how the Pin Stadiums are enhancing the GI by connecting to the insert boards, but when you connect to the actually GI itself (the spotlight in this case) then you see there is not much going on. My theory is that this is due to the dark nature of the machine and that JJP simply wanted to give you as much illumination as possible so it's on most all the time.

You are correct, a little heat and the Magna-Mounts will remove with ease.

1 month later
#3702 5 years ago

I installed a kit on my WOZ ECLE today.
WOW! I am VERY impressed with the results. I'm also impressed with Scott's customer service. He answered all of my questions before and after the purchase. Great guy and great product!

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Here's another comparison..
70% warm white brightness
and 100%
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from imagamejunky:

I installed a kit on my WOZ ECLE today.
WOW! I am VERY impressed with the results. I'm also impressed with Scott's customer service. He answered all of my questions before and after the purchase. Great guy and great product!

Thank you very much for the kind words and I am glad I was able to help you out. This is great that you snapped pictures of all of the different brightness settings you used in Pin Stadium app. I think the 60% setting looks the best and is how I run them on my machine too. Glad you are a happy customer.

Enjoy that beautiful WOZ!!!

3 weeks later
#3790 5 years ago

Glad to know the tech support is so good! Lol.. I bought a set for my JD about a year ago and haven't even opened the tube yet. Bought a 2nd set for my WOZ a few months ago and same story. One of these days I will get them done! I'll probably have a few questions once I get to them.

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Absolutely !! Wow you may hold the record for the longest uninstalled Pin Stadium sets that’s still in the original packaging. If they ever become a collectible then you are all set
It’s all good, you have something to look forward to. I am more than happy to help you if you have any questions during the install. Just shoot me an email: [email protected]

Well, the JD has been sitting because I have intended to tear down the playfield for a good cleaning and to make some repairs. I finally got the game running correctly again recently and now enjoy playing it so much that I don't want to have it down for an extended period of time. But that day is coming so those will be installed soon enough.

As for the WOZ kit, well, I have no excuse. Just haven't gotten to it yet..

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Well, the JD has been sitting because I have intended to tear down the playfield for a good cleaning and to make some repairs. I finally got the game running correctly again recently and now enjoy playing it so much that I don't want to have it down for an extended period of time. But that day is coming so those will be installed soon enough.
As for the WOZ kit, well, I have no excuse. Just haven't gotten to it yet..

The good news is that if you have the latest Pin Stadiums with the Universal Power supply, it will simply plug into the service port of your machine. So JD will not be responsible for providing any power to the lights as they see completely “Off the Grid” and it’s a very easy install that should take you about 15 minutes.

WOZ is the same type of install and relatively easy but a couple more steps. Depending what on which version you have, the installation section of the Pin Stadium website will show you the specific install for that version of a WOZ here:

https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

Here is a great install video a customer put together for WOZ with the 2.0 boards:

and then the non 2.0 one is here:

and here is an ECLE install walkthrough too:

#3794 5 years ago

I will have to check my version of WOZ. I bought it new sometime in mid 2017. As for my JD, I have added an external power supply to the machine to power anything extra, so I will be hooking it up to that. I will definitely post pictures once I get to it and if I run into any problems, I will hit you up. Trying to get a few WMS 40x slot machines running right now.. lol. So the working pinball machines are staying as is until I have the time to get to them, or until something breaks. Whichever happens first...

#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I will have to check my version of WOZ. I bought it new sometime in mid 2017. As for my JD, I have added an external power supply to the machine to power anything extra, so I will be hooking it up to that. I will definitely post pictures once I get to it and if I run into any problems, I will hit you up. Trying to get a few WMS 40x slot machines running right now.. lol. So the working pinball machines are staying as is until I have the time to get to them, or until something breaks. Whichever happens first...

It’s likely a 2.0 WOZ then. Feel free to post up the underside of the machine and I can confirm it or JJP can too. Sounds like you are all set as far as power for JD!!

1 month later
#4024 5 years ago

When did you switch to a fixed product? I recall looking at these last year for my woz and there were tons of options to choose from. It makes sense to help lower prices on your end. Just curious.

2 weeks later
#4147 5 years ago

Just got my first set installed in WoZ earlier this week and man WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Now it makes my Whirlwind look dark... Sigh. First world problems.... Will most definitely be getting a set for my WW next time there is a sale!
Thanks alot Scott! Awesome product and great service.

#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Just got my first set installed in WoZ earlier this week and man WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Now it makes my Whirlwind look dark... Sigh. First world problems.... Will most definitely be getting a set for my WW next time there is a sale!
Thanks alot Scott! Awesome product and great service.

That's really killer to hear that you are that floored by them on WOZ. Totally first world problems agree!!! You are welcome and I have to thank you first and foremost for your order. That is what fuels Pin Stadiums around the world and everyone including yourself matter a bunch to me. Make me happy to know you are a happy camper!!! If you get a chance post up some Before and After pics here as we would all love to see WOZ basking in it's glory.

#4161 5 years ago

There are a few asking about before and afters on Wizard of Oz @wizard-of-oz from Jersey Jack Pinball. This is one of the most popular machines for Pin Stadiums and it benefits dramatically with the lighting. Then when the witch comes up the UV+Glow comes up with vivid, yet haunting effects on the playfield. Even Jack from JJP loves them on his WOZ!!

jjp_woz_pinstadium (resized).pngjjp_woz_pinstadium (resized).png
#4164 5 years ago

Keep in mind that a Pin Stadium kit will work on any pinball machine, but Wizard of OZ is one of the only machines(other than Alien) that a special Pin Stadium kit adapter(for the flasher) is made.

Although you can connect a regular Pin Stadium to it, I made a WOZ specific one that makes life so much easier. Be sure when you place your order to enter Wizard of OZ into the “Type in Your Pinball Name” field when checking out. That’s important.

#4187 5 years ago

Hey Scott, I have a WoZ question for you-

If you remember I have the "green" WoZ that seemed to not work with the GI trigger (so its permanently on), and you included a special connector attached to the flasher trigger so it just plugs right in. The effect is the bright flashing on the witch going up or down.

I seem to recall there is a different setup to allow for a dimmer glow instead.. I was thinking that might be preferable. Can you tell me (or point me to the correct post or info) how to switch it to try that out instead?

Thanks!

#4218 5 years ago

One of the things really cool about the Pin Stadiums for WOZ is that it gives you interactive GI lighting versus the factory spotlights which are mostly always on. The place I have on the installation instructions under Step 1/JJP/WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

Is the location I am speaking about. The only exception is the original ECLE (due to how it’s wired and voltage) you must connect to the factory GI (spotlights). Still works well too as that is how the machine was intended anyway.

Even JJP techs at Expo tried to figure out how it worked so well and where I connected when they saw this. It’s like adding an extra lighting feature to the machines, literally!

What an amazing game we have in WOZ
468C981D-CDD7-4A16-A844-A5F5BF1C98C5 (resized).jpeg468C981D-CDD7-4A16-A844-A5F5BF1C98C5 (resized).jpeg

#4220 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

One of the things really cool about the Pin Stadiums for WOZ is that it gives you interactive GI lighting versus the factory spotlights which are mostly always on. The place I have on the installation instructions under Step 1/JJP/WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/
Is the location I am speaking about. The only exception is the original ECLE (due to how it’s wired and voltage) you must connect to the factory GI (spotlights). Still works well too as that is how the machine was intended anyway.
Even JJP techs at Expo tried to figure out how it worked so well and where I connected when they saw this. It’s like adding an extra lighting feature to the machines, literally!
What an amazing game we have in WOZ
[quoted image]

I have had several collectors sell their machines recently and of course keep the Pin Stadiums. They have asked about moving them to WOZ which you can do, however the only thing I suggest is to pick up the special WOZ flasher adapter I make. It is the only machine that I make a special adapter for and it is by no means required but makes life much easier. You can get it here: https://pinstadium.com/product/gi-flasher-cables/ Just make a note when you check out that you are ordering it for WOZ.

1 week later
#4283 4 years ago

So when I used to add flipper lighting (pre-Pin Stadium) and I still do add flipper lighting on some machines because it can add nice accents to that area. These were the results of what I would get if I look closely at the ball. Notice the bright LED source lights and the dark contrast of the areas around it in relation to the flipper lighting.

I remember playing WOZ and LOTR of the Rings like this (again pre-Pin Stadium) and I could not figure out for the life of me why it was so darn hard to see the ball. But man did that flipper area look nice!!

pinball_appearance_02 (resized).pngpinball_appearance_02 (resized).png
#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Not sure what you mean about the title name??

Ha! Too funny!

But I can't wait as I have 3 sets of Pin Stadiums.. 1 on my WOZ which I have had magna mount problems with since install (we covered this in email and you offered to replace them, but I opted to wait for Hover), 1 set for my JD which has not been installed in over a year due to delayed teardown, and 1 for my SS which I recently ordered. The JD and SS are both waiting for Hover before install and I can't wait to install them on WOZ as well and lose the magna mount system completely.

The day you put them for sale, I am ordering 3 sets. I don't even need to see what they look like as I am all in. Take my money! They could be sparkly pink and purple, I would still buy them (and a can of paint to fix that poor color decision).

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I'm sure you're on it Scott but still wanted to note that a list of machines where Hover has been tested would be good. Or at least an approved list of machines that could be questionable.
I'm thinking specifically of WH2O but there have to be many others where ramps or other pf features are tight.
I'll be in for a set for my MMr and another for WH2O if I know it'll work. Thanks.

Yes WH20 was first on my list, along with CFTBL, WOZ, and many many more that are known for being tight. Even TNA with the lower side walls since that is a big seller and old EM's. Because of how they are designed they will definitely work on any machine for sure. That is what took so long with the design was creating flexibility for those variable environments. I'm sure you will be very pleased.

1 week later
#4392 4 years ago

bringing to the show afm le woz 75 houdini octoberfest

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

bringing to the show afm le woz 75 houdini octoberfest

That’s great news and I look forward to having your WOZ at our booth now too!!

1 week later
#4469 4 years ago

MicSurTuna from Buffalo was demonstrating what WOZ looks like on stream without additionally lighting. See why WOZ is one of the top sellers for Pin Stadiums. Reveal that beautiful artwork today! WOZ will love you for it.
7F2A4BDE-913B-463A-8D33-E617730220E3 (resized).png7F2A4BDE-913B-463A-8D33-E617730220E3 (resized).pngE6ADF243-62F1-41A9-AAA2-0B1D3D68267A (resized).pngE6ADF243-62F1-41A9-AAA2-0B1D3D68267A (resized).png

1 week later
#4524 4 years ago

I have 2 sets I haven't installed yet while I wait for Hover as well. Same story as you, I don't see the point of putting the magna mount on my side blades just to remove them again.

I will have to remove them from WOZ, but my JD and SS are waiting for Hover.

#4641 4 years ago

A very happy customer sneer me this pic of his WOZ after the Pin Stadium install. Look at the colors pop even with the scattered ambient lighting.

A649F8EB-061F-43DA-AB78-495F873B4123 (resized).jpegA649F8EB-061F-43DA-AB78-495F873B4123 (resized).jpeg
#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is this the deblur thing?

No this is just the standard Pin Stadium kit. It’s certain games that sometimes reflect the lights but WOZ is not one of them.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

No this is just the standard Pin Stadium kit. It’s certain games that sometimes reflect the lights but WOZ is not one of them.

So the blur thing when it comes out will help reduce those individual dots from the lighting on other pins? and reflections?
And will the hover work well with Woz RR?

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. No reflections off the ramps or sides of the game. No candy striping.

So I will probably order blur, hovers, orion belt, and pinstadium lights.. for my Woz RR. What else we got..

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Just out of curiosity, what are the differences in the kit based on machine type? I didn't notice anything different between kits for my ST and MMr. Is it just on the programming side? Are there actually any differences between the kits on the afore mentioned machines that I should have been aware of? I saw no indication of which was for which inside or outside the packing tubes.

They are all the same, but there are a few machines that are exceptions which need a special connection for flashers like WOZ and Alien. But really you don't "need" them I just provide them to make life easier for owners installing them. CGC machines need a service port adapter which I provide and JJP machines needs a 1ft power extension cable which I include now too if you specify these machines because the playfield rails sit right on top of the service port on most of the JJP machines. That's it!

1 week later
#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hooked my UV-Glow flasher to the Red dome on the top right corner of the backboard and I'm pretty happy with that. At first I connected them to one of the Borg flashers as I have blue windows in my Borg Ship and thought it would be perfect but those stay on too long at the start of MB and I thought it ruined the effect. The next time I have to do any kind of work under the PF though I think I'm going to try to connect them to the shield flashers, I started to do this once but there is no where to connect the alligator clips to the board or socket easily so I'll have to solder a lead the the board or something like that.

After looking at the shield inserts flasher action more I don't think I will move it down there, they just don't go off very often at all except during Borg MB. Here is a short video of the game over light show with the UV flasher connected to the back right though (should have turned off WOZ and MM to help the phone camera out a bit, lots of noise in this video):

1 month later
#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

To each his own. But I really like the Candy Striping effect. Especially on Wonka.

PBman - I love you but you actually like the candy striping effect? I think it's absolutely terrible. I cringe when I see Iron Maiden and others.

Pinstadiums look great on some games (WOZ, GB, etc) absolutely terrible on others (IMDN, DP) and have no place on some (Alien - completely kills the mood).

Scott knows all this and is the quickest in customer service I've seen in pinball. I welcome his product to the hobby as it's made some of my games even better. I think he knows the guerrilla marketing tactics have to be changed (w/200+ upvotes, wow, you can't miss it) along with not using modded games to hide the candy stripes in is comparison pics (DP chrome katana comes to mind).

For me, I just really hope these "additions" that make his original product operate better (like Hover) don't continue to be priced as high b/c it's really beginning to get crazy but I'll hold off until Blur is released (which is expected to remove candy stripes). If they are priced at 50 each I'm going to flip but I think Scott gets it, he understands people like me don't mind spending a little more for the product but not to get THAT greedy. We'll see.

I think both topics make sense. Users calling out the marketing which needs to change and Scott representing his product which I definitely find value in and appreciate his ultra responsiveness.

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, I'm going to chime in on this real quick. Forgive me, I am currently out of town on behalf of active duty military obligations, so my access to resources is limited.
I do not have this product. I have made my opinion on it known (Nay).
Here is GOT Pro with PinStadium installed:
Focusing around 0:15-0:20 mark, it is perceived that the stock lighting is horrible.
Now here is my GOT Pro bare-bones stock maybe....the week I bought it NIB from GEX:
[quoted image]
It's no secret that the lights in the house are on (which, there is one single bulb hanging on the ceiling fan where the games are in the gameroom as seen in this pic below):
[quoted image]
Here is a picture my fiancee and step-son playing GOT Pro, in a dark room, with stock lighting from the side:
[quoted image]
Now I get it, it's not an optimal shot of the PF, but .....come on.....look at the factory lighting radiating excess light all over the place. Even from that angle, the shield with all the modes, which video focuses on as a dark area, is clearly visible on my game. There is no way the "before" picture in that video is accurate.
I respect someone creating a product out of passion and working hard to get ahead and make a profit. That's cool - no qualms with that. What I do not like is what I perceive to be some really deceptive marketing to make PinStadium some kind of undeniable necessity.
In extremely stark contrast, take ColorDMD - while not a necessity - flat out shows you the end product, and there's no denying that their product is a MASSIVE improvement over stock hardware. There's no trickery with camera settings, WYSIWYG. I can't say the same about PinStadium, and I feel that there is some decent hoodwinking to get people (with money to burn) to believe they must have this product, when really, the right LED bulbs and maybe 2-3 spotlights would do everything PinStadium does - for a lot less.
In conclusion, I tried my best to keep this from being perceived as a personal attack; it really is not. My bottom line: yay capitalism, but be honest about it, and I feel there's a lot of grey in some of these marketing tactics.

I have to agree with what your saying... no disrespect to the creator, but those video clips are definitely deceptive simply because the before is pushed in the worst possible direction.

Whether or not people like installing these things is neither here nor there for me. I tried them on my WOZ and couldn’t wait to take them off. And the OP was really gracious in helping to send necessary parts and materials to the guy that bought them from me. So each to their own on spending money on them and using them.

But for the amount of dramatic effort put into that video, it’s easy to see how one might assume the before images are reliable representations.

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have to agree with what your saying... no disrespect to the creator, but those video clips are definitely deceptive simply because the before is pushed in the worst possible direction.
Whether or not people like installing these things is neither here nor there for me. I tried them on my WOZ and couldn’t wait to take them off. And the OP was really gracious in helping to send necessary parts and materials to the guy that bought them from me. So each to their own on spending money on them and using them.
But for the amount of dramatic effort put into that video, it’s easy to see how one might assume the before images are reliable representations.

Nice to see you here on this thread and I remember working with you on your set back in the early days. I truly do back the product up 100% and if you are not blown away by the results then I’ve got you covered. WOZ is one of the most popular machine for these historically and even Jack from JJP loves them. However this is a good example of how they are not for everyone. Thanks for posting!!

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We have seen it, this is nothing new.

Absolutely, and as I keep repeating good luck to him and many happy costumers.

Ha...yeah well no one is accusing Pinstadiums of not making a bunch of fucking light, We are accusing him of misrepresenting the before pictures.
Can you see this picture? Do you think this is accurate? Do you think this is a correct representation of what a Champion Pub looks like?
[quoted image]

This is a good one to post as that is a customer submitted pic and one that was debated about a long time ago. Brings back memories of this same discussion.

Prime example of just how big of results you can get. This pic was after he installed his first set of 5 Pin Stadiums. Within 2 weeks he ordered 27 more and I believe holds the record for 2nd or 3rd place still.

What was even cooler was that this was a very seasoned veteran collector of many many years and wasn’t even on Pinside until he heard about these from other collector friends. He was old school and questioned the results too coming from the incandescent era like me. Great dude!! dewski24

Here is his official review: “My first purchase was for 5 sets with uv flashers...as a natural skeptic, I purchased for 5 different types of machines. ss,woz,tafg,cp,rz.....All I can say is WOW!!! My game room is dark and playing some of these games without extra lighting was almost impossible. I've had flashlights, light towers , led flush mounts, 2x2 ceiling panels.....Glare was putrid....Now these....below the glass, don't have to keep them the same color all the time ( although rz will be red!)..Can't say enough about the product or ESPECIALLY the support...A Text or email pretty much any day or time and fast response..ALL of my machines will have these now”

It’s another response like this that fuels the Pin Stadium factory! These last few days I got slammed with orders more than usually and not it’s time to catch up.

Also more Hovers will be shipping out every day and I will email tracking on those to you when they leave out of here. Thank you for your patience. I’m cranking away.

#5250 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you take the same photo with 2 spotlights added to slings?
If just a little more light is your goal then you can do it for ~5% of the cost, with less effort, and better overall effect (bonus of no zebra stripes, no worry of parts falling into game while playing, and the ability to not detract from a future game sale by turning off potential buyers)

Except for people like me who hate the look of spotlights especially if you have to tape the LEDs in to keep them from popping out, unless of course you want to risk the part (LED) falling into the game. They can also be easily removed and moved to another game in minutes. I've had a set on WOZ for a couple years and a set on PM for about a year (HUGE difference in both of those games), put a set on my STTNG for two shows now and have never, ever had them fall off even when transporting the games. Shit happens, things in pinball machines break and you don't like the product - we get it.

Edit: to be clear I also have games like MM, Xenon, SM and CV I keep with just incandescent bulbs. I don't believe every game needs them and yes, they are expensive.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is playfield lighting meant to illuminate every square inch in blinding LED brightness or do pinball designers choose what to highlight? Insert lights and features are meant to stand out when lit no? Glws

Interesting question / discussion point. I think designers have to work under the constraints of where GI can / traditionally was feasible. They started using some spotlights to highlight certain features in the 90s (good trivia question, what game had the first spotlights from the factory? I don't know the answer.) but would they have done things differently if things like lighted star posts or faceted LEDs or even rail lighting similar to Pin Stadium were available to them? Probably at least in some instances I think but of course cost would always be a major limiting factor as well. WOZ has quite a few spots but is still very, very dark. It also doesn't really help that most of us converted all our incandescent games from 44s to 47s to reduce heat and power draw on the GI circuits, though moving to brighter LEDs can reverse that in many games.

1 week later
#5339 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just got the notice that my Hovers are shipping. Woo hoo!

I will continue to get the Hovers out as fast as I can and I have just about doubled production over a period of 2 days.

Every machine is going to have different locations that the Hovers will fit so when you guys get them please post up some shots of the location to help others if you don’t mind. This will be cool to see too!!

Also if you get in a situation where you need advice I can give you example on my machines if I have that one.

Today where the customer was installing on WOZ and he was wondering if he should install the tall Hover mount in front of or behind the upper castle playfield wall on the left side of WOZ in the back.

I snapped these pics to show where to do the “sneak in” and also there the middle Hover will go (right in front of the castle wall nestled next to it). Basically slide it in under the castle playfield and lift it just a bit to get past the wires under there.

I hope this helps!!
B75998D3-0D28-4A3D-88C5-09E87A0CD1B9 (resized).pngB75998D3-0D28-4A3D-88C5-09E87A0CD1B9 (resized).png689CF9C1-16FB-41CF-9D5B-425EA7A530A5 (resized).png689CF9C1-16FB-41CF-9D5B-425EA7A530A5 (resized).png

1 month later
#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Got my hovers today. Does anyone have any clue where to put them on the righthand side of the playfield on a JD? Specifically on the back half. Thought I was able to sneek one in on the outside of the ramp, but the playfield won't raise or lower. Just snapped a hover trying to lower the playfield and I don't have many to spare.

Ugh, not something I want to hear. I have them for my JD as well but mine is currently torn down so I have yet to install them. I know it is tight over there, so hopefully someone that has done it can let us know?

I installed them on my SS and that went fine. I haven't installed the hovers on my WOZ yet and am a bit curious how that is going to go as well, especially with the castle playfield on the back left. Im not sure where I am going to put my hovers on that side.

#5473 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ugh, not something I want to hear. I have them for my JD as well but mine is currently torn down so I have yet to install them. I know it is tight over there, so hopefully someone that has done it can let us know?
I installed them on my SS and that went fine. I haven't installed the hovers on my WOZ yet and am a bit curious how that is going to go as well, especially with the castle playfield on the back left. Im not sure where I am going to put my hovers on that side.

For WOZ the tall Hover fits nicely behind the castle playfield in the very back nd the medium Hover just in front of it where the castle walls begin. If you need pics when you go to install let me know.

2 weeks later
#5504 4 years ago

And Now WOZ YBR

965CE2C0-106D-46D2-BA37-620542084E9A (resized).jpeg965CE2C0-106D-46D2-BA37-620542084E9A (resized).jpegF2C7F467-E7F3-4BE6-8083-C7B59E714F60 (resized).jpegF2C7F467-E7F3-4BE6-8083-C7B59E714F60 (resized).jpeg
#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Here’s before and after of Alice Cooper
Amazing difference here! Well done Scott[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s huge!! My pleasure and thanks for putting up these pics of ACNC!! I’m very impressed with the artwork on this machine.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Just installed Pinstadiums on RRWOZ. WTF. Love them. I was able to see the playfield and put up a great game. Thanks Scott. I will be ordering more for sure. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job and even better super great looking group of machines there. Thank you so much for your business!

Quoted from joefox22:

And Now WOZ YBR[quoted image][quoted image]

You are knocking out some serious installs tonight. This turned out really nicely on the WOZ YBR edition, excellent

Quoted from dgposter:

Here's the difference between Fusions and Omegas on IMDN...[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect example comparison!! I appreciate you sharing this with us all.

1 month later
#5593 4 years ago

super happy with the new and improved WoZ. Thanks Scott! Definitely worth the upgrade.
Pic 1. Pinstadium off
Pic2. PinStadium with white on, brightness low
Pic 3. Pinstadiums on full white and bright (too bright for me)

0E5823F9-2550-43D3-85F8-E683419A727D (resized).jpeg0E5823F9-2550-43D3-85F8-E683419A727D (resized).jpegE360AA42-A6A9-40DA-AF5F-7E4939AFD956 (resized).jpegE360AA42-A6A9-40DA-AF5F-7E4939AFD956 (resized).jpegF44F83EE-3EC2-421C-9746-F1AE22C9FEA3 (resized).jpegF44F83EE-3EC2-421C-9746-F1AE22C9FEA3 (resized).jpeg
#5594 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

super happy with the new and improved WoZ. Thanks Scott! Definitely worth the upgrade.
Pic 1. Pinstadium off
Pic2. PinStadium with white on, brightness low
Pic 3. Pinstadiums on full white and bright (too bright for me)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey you are welcome and thanks for showing us what is possible with the Pin Stadiums pinball LED lighting on WOZ. I love the 3 different comparison examples you posted up to demonstrate the results!

3 weeks later
#5680 4 years ago

My woz yellow brick road isn’t bright enough do u have a kit?

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

My woz yellow brick road isn’t bright enough do u have a kit?

Yes WOZ is one of the best sellers for Pin Stadiums. Even Jack from Jersey Jack loves them on his machine. Here is the link and just be sure to specify you have a WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights/

I will send you everything you need. There is a special adapter I make for the flasher for WOZ to make the install easier.

F3233883-6F36-4427-90A1-8C3E652921DD (resized).jpegF3233883-6F36-4427-90A1-8C3E652921DD (resized).jpeg1C3DDB3D-F5D4-4CB4-B20F-F82E8FFC74C3 (resized).jpeg1C3DDB3D-F5D4-4CB4-B20F-F82E8FFC74C3 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#5726 4 years ago

Omg boys plz help me hook these up on yellow brick road no instructions video on you tube for old woz thought o had them hooked up plugged in nothing,, downloaded app. And my phone can’t find lednet crazy frustrating

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5731 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Omg boys plz help me hook these up on yellow brick road no instructions video on you tube for old woz thought o had them hooked up plugged in nothing,, downloaded app. And my phone can’t find lednet crazy frustrating[quoted image][quoted image]

I sent an email to you earlier and it sounds like you didn’t receive it so I will reply here also.

No problem and I was glad to help. Go to this link and under Step 1/JJP WOZ 2.0 will be your instructions:

https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/

Also here is a video a customer put together for WOZ:

If you have any questions please let me know and do not hesitate to ask.

*Note: I see with these pictures that you have the G.I. hooked up to the wrong location and the video should point you in the right direction. You will trigger them from the board shown in that video. I’ve attached a diagram here also.

Blue and White got to the GI and then the Red and Green go to the with flasher which is on your kit will be a 3 pin connector similar to the one your shaker has in the pic(the link also has even higher res pics too).

Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can even get on the phone with you tonight and help you if you would like.

9860F4DF-E4D5-4994-8B68-95C7577218A6 (resized).jpeg9860F4DF-E4D5-4994-8B68-95C7577218A6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#5876 4 years ago

Classic pic of WOZ which has been very popular with Pin Stadiums recently. Many new to Pin Stadiums have asked if the same kit works on any machine? Simple answer:

YES

You will get GI\Mode sync, WiFi controllable colors and brightness, and the ever popular UV+Flasher which is hidden under the stealth light bars with the Invisi-Shield. All of this is included included with the kit:

https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights-2/

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

EE6DF8C0-358C-4A4B-8EAE-53010ED2CC55 (resized).pngEE6DF8C0-358C-4A4B-8EAE-53010ED2CC55 (resized).png
2 months later
#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from krispyk577:

WOZ1 Attached is 1 photo of Pinstadium OFF and 2 photos of Pinstadium ON (just choosing different colorations) best investments.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like the top pic coloring. WOZ is a must light game. Congrats

3 weeks later
#6190 3 years ago

Scott at Pinstadium is very helpful. This was my first Install of Omegas and first time on a JJP Woz. He was very helpful and called me personally to troubleshoot. My fault I didn’t have the GI’s connected all the way. Looks 10x better and IMHO integrates so well with the gameplay. These should be stock on WOZ.

1E701226-30D2-4FC1-A6CF-8D73FA8A7658 (resized).jpeg1E701226-30D2-4FC1-A6CF-8D73FA8A7658 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6206 3 years ago

Has anybody tried these on Elvira? Is it too bright? I don't want to ruin the campiness feel.

Works great on my JPLE, BM66 and others. My repair guy hasn't been able to get Woz lights working for whatever reason.

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Has anybody tried these on Elvira? Is it too bright? I don't want to ruin the campiness feel.
Works great on my JPLE, BM66 and others. My repair guy hasn't been able to get Woz lights working for whatever reason.

I recommend the Hyperbeams for this and this machine is one of many machines I created them for due to the fact that the Play fields are very dark because of the dark artwork also and I didn’t want to lose the creepy can’t be feel. With the boosted RGB on the Hyperbeams you can get full playfield illumination with the colored lights. I like to run a blood red on mine for some very cool results. Blue looks amazing also and I have the warm white at 0% in the app while the colors are at 100%.

Regular Pin Stadium’s look good with a low 30% warm white setting but I personally wanted to have color accents to the playfield to get that haunted look and also to be able to see the ball at the same time. This was best achieved with the Hyperbeams.

In regards to WOZ I would suggest don’t a factory reset on the lights and see if that resolves the issue. Then the next place to check is the GI connection to the machine. It may look and feel solid but my guess is that it does not have a good connection or maybe one of the wire taps has a break in the line.

A good way to test if your G.I. is working is by putting the alligator clips from the blue and white wire onto the ends of a 9 V battery. It will confirm that they’re working when they come on as it takes the GI connection out of the equation.

I hope this helps and if for any reason you still need some help shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will get help you to resolve it.

4 weeks later
#6254 3 years ago

Seems like WOZ is continuing to be a popular machine for Pin Stadiums. Several have asked where to trigger the UV+Glow flashers. The Wicked Witch flasher that sits next to her is an amazing connection.

Here are some of the famous results that you can expect after installing the Pin Stadium Wizard of Oz (WOZ) mods!!

Also a cool video demonstrating the UV +Glow flasher in action!!!

EE6C4179-B971-49B3-AB83-68D1478AF0DC (resized).jpegEE6C4179-B971-49B3-AB83-68D1478AF0DC (resized).jpegCB404FC8-F62A-4685-8DB4-67503C5E6739 (resized).jpegCB404FC8-F62A-4685-8DB4-67503C5E6739 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6278 3 years ago

On a lighter note as Scott knows I think he and his products are awesome (even the robots!) I was in the arcade (basement) the other night with friends and while waiting my turn (I suck at pinball) I tried to decide what were the Top 3 games that are truly transformative with the PinStadium setup.

My conclusion
1. Deadpool LE. Absolutely an incredible pairing. The comic art and color pallet on this game almost explode in a 3D perspective at ever angle. Granted I will admit these are the Hyperbeam Artist series so not sure if that gives it extra pop but that game is completely a must have for these lights!
2. Star Wars LE. Same as above but with more emphasis on the UV flash added factor for a sensational space effect of lasers and explosions. Just love this game with the PS lighting for a true space adventure.
3. Have to go with WOZ. While BM66LE is close WOZ never really shines its true potential since you really can’t See most of the fine detail and art they put into this game! With the light added glow over the Playfield this game truly is displayed as I feel it should have been from the factory. Especially when that witch dies.

Yes, some games are fitting to be played dark and ominous (like Alien) but some games like the ones above are the definition of where this product shines. Plus Scott’s a pretty nice guy. Lol

What are Your top 3? Always looking for advise!

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On a lighter note as Scott knows I think he and his products are awesome (even the robots!) I was in the arcade (basement) the other night with friends and while waiting my turn (I suck at pinball) I tried to decide what were the Top 3 games that are truly transformative with the PinStadium setup.
My conclusion
1. Deadpool LE. Absolutely an incredible pairing. The comic art and color pallet on this game almost explode in a 3D perspective at ever angle. Granted I will admit these are the Hyperbeam Artist series so not sure if that gives it extra pop but that game is completely a must have for these lights!
2. Star Wars LE. Same as above but with more emphasis on the UV flash added factor for a sensational space effect of lasers and explosions. Just love this game with the PS lighting for a true space adventure.
3. Have to go with WOZ. While BM66LE is close WOZ never really shines its true potential since you really can’t See most of the fine detail and art they put into this game! With the light added glow over the Playfield this game truly is displayed as I feel it should have been from the factory. Especially when that witch dies.
Yes, some games are fitting to be played dark and ominous (like Alien) but some games like the ones above are the definition of where this product shines. Plus Scott’s a pretty nice guy. Lol
What are Your top 3? Always looking for advise!

I'm not sure what my #3 would be but 1 & 2 easily go to WOZ and Pinball Magic both are entirely too dark and sometimes I turn the PSs off for a few minutes just to remind myself how big of a difference it is. I really like them on STTNG too but I've heard some others that don't like them on that game, haters gonna hate.

2 months later
#6411 3 years ago

Hey Scott,
Where is the best place to put the GI's and the Flasher's hook ups on the WOZ?
Thanks,
Tom

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hey Scott,
Where is the best place to put the GI's and the Flasher's hook ups on the WOZ?
Thanks,
Tom

Here is a link to the best locations for WOZ at this link under Step1/JJP/WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/

1 month later
#6502 3 years ago

Hi Scott,
Just getting around to putting my pin stadium lights on my WoZ. I attached the flashers but now looking at the GI’s and I am confused again. Sorry! Mine is not like it is shown on the YouTube install. Attached is a picture of it. Can you tell me where to attach the GI’s so the are not on all the time.
Thanks,
Tom0F8B7F87-9DB9-4195-8384-DB079A3F3C0B (resized).jpeg0F8B7F87-9DB9-4195-8384-DB079A3F3C0B (resized).jpeg

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Thanks Scott!
The BEST product support EVER!!
Tom

I am pleased to know you are a happy customer and it was nice talking with you. Your JJP WOZ looks even more beautiful now

3 weeks later
#6553 3 years ago

Of the previous games listed that I have owned, WOZ definitely needed Pinstadiums the most. I just added to Munsters pro and helped a whole lot - you realize just how
dark the pro is. You don't get to choose just color or white but variations in your white as well - a bright white or soft white.

9 months later
#7014 2 years ago

Scott,
I have a future build Houdini coming and I have a set of Neos I'm gonna install on it. Is the Shaker motor connection in this picture the only connector for the Shaker motor that you know of?
Also, I'm a fan of those new mounts you did for that guns n roses pinball.
Looking forward to those coming out for Houdini, Wonka, Wizard of Oz.
Is there a konekt adaptor scenario available for WOZ, Wonka or Houdini. I don't know if it's that game specific but I have a set of Neos and Fusions in the tube still I bought over a year ago. Wondering if I should purchase these konect systems or just install like I always have.
Glad to see your still churning em out and staying busy.
r/
Mike

Screenshot_20210906-164353_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210906-164353_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7106 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am about 2-3 weeks out on orders as I got completely slammed and wiped out from Expo due to the fact that everyone got to see them in person and the hype was real. Crazy insane show and I will be working around the clock to get these filled. Thanks everyone for the support, it was overwhelming in a great way and it was nice to demonstrate in person instead of pics and videos. It's even better when you play on the machine, so hard to capture with devices. Human eyes rule!!

I was one who bought at the show !
Realized the hype was real.
Installed easy in my Woz n Wonka.
It’s pretty amazing the difference.
Look at the pics I just took even in the middle of the day you can obviously see huge difference.
Thanks Scott.
Great product.

Forgot to mention the App Is super easy to use and actually bonus fun turning the lights on/off to show family and friends the difference,seeing their reaction is always the same.
“WOW ! How did we even play it that dark before”
8910FF57-8503-4E3A-92EC-9975C8E393B9 (resized).jpeg8910FF57-8503-4E3A-92EC-9975C8E393B9 (resized).jpegBA99A185-7FE9-4EBC-9E5D-4042AD268164 (resized).jpegBA99A185-7FE9-4EBC-9E5D-4042AD268164 (resized).jpegD388E810-B5DE-413C-B46F-51781B4500DA (resized).jpegD388E810-B5DE-413C-B46F-51781B4500DA (resized).jpegF342DFA7-7737-4E86-82A3-B439958668CD (resized).jpegF342DFA7-7737-4E86-82A3-B439958668CD (resized).jpeg

10 months later
#7621 1 year ago

It's all good and thanks for keeping this post active as always, welcome to the thread!!

Yes the product is better than you can imagine if you have not experienced it in person. Pictures never do it justice and it very difficult to capture on camera accurately.

This is a great time to post up some before and after pics of The Hobbit by Jersey Jack Pinball as a few had asked about this after the WOZ pictures.
The recommended trigger for the UV+Glow is either the upper left or upper right spinner or you can trigger from Smaug for a really cool impressive effect!!!

**Please note that due to recent high activity of this thread, shiptime is increasing approximately 1-2 weeks due to high order volume. As soon as your kit is ready to ship an email will be sent immediately. No worries though as production is ramping up further. As always if you have any questions about the install do not hesitate. I would recommend placing your order now if you are thinking about picking up a set for your machine. Amazing support and community, thank you everyone!!!

Check this out!!!!

Here is a link to purchase them for this machine or any pinball machine you own:

https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/

#the-hobbit

jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).pngjersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png

1 month later
#7690 1 year ago

Question about PinStadium install.

Long time ago I ordered a couple sets of pinstadium for JJP GnR & WoZ.

The GnR set was back ordered but the woz shipped right away.

I was going to wait for the GNR to arrive and install both at the same time but found some time yesterday to put the lights into WoZ

This is my first PinStadium install.

After hooking it all up, I noticed the little module with the 5 buttons cannot make the color green at all. Setting it to R:0 G-255 B:0 will turn the lights off. Sliding around the color wheel produces only purples and red hues, no yellow etc due to the missing green issue.

After playing with it for a minute I noticed some lights are burnt out on one of the strips.

Any thoughts on if the burnt lights in the strip are the cause of why it’s not going green or could it just be the module thats faulty?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
8 months later
#7980 9 months ago

Big thank you to Scott for all his help and assistance in getting my first generation WOZ all setup with his Neo Atom lighting kit. I would have to say Scott’s customer service is top notch and was always super responsive, really enjoyed working with him and talking pinball. I have owned our WOZ since new in 2013 and always thought it needed more light for the playfield, but I was never really happy with the various lighting options out there. To me, none of them really looked fully integrated and the need to purchase multiple sets and make multiple connections wasn’t ideal in my eyes. Super happy with the results of the Neo Atom lighting kit, looks integrated and provides all the light and effect I was looking for. Highly recommend!! Thank you again Scott!!

#7981 9 months ago

Jaysom

Thanks so much for the kind words and awesome feedback on Neo Atom install for your WOZ. I'm stoked to hear you're loving the new lights - it was a blast working on this project with you! Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Customers like you who are passionate about their pins are what make this job so rewarding. Let me know if you ever need anything else for your machine! Happy to help anytime.

Keep on rockin' that pimped out WOZ!

Here is the link for More Info: https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#wizard-of-oz
Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)
jersey_jack_Wizard_of_oz-pinball-mods (resized).pngjersey_jack_Wizard_of_oz-pinball-mods (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "woz".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tq=woz&tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.