(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,220 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "gotg".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#932 6 years ago

Great news! I wanted to announce that for the GOTG owners to be that we have just officially announced the official plug and play Pin Stadium kit with the optional GI module and UV+Glow flasher feature. This playfield is going to be very UV reactive and its going to really ignite and come alive. For those of you who are interested in ordering or if you have any questions please email me at [email protected] Several have already placed their orders so just posting this up here to let others know that they are now available.

Gameplay videos and along with before and afters with the Pin Stadium installed on the GOTG will be posted up very shortly!

guardians (resized).pngguardians (resized).png

#938 6 years ago

I can’t wait to get another set to play around with! I’m thinking a set on a new GOTG premium would be sweeeeeet. That’s my plan anyway

#945 6 years ago

Here is a rendered example of what you can expect on the GOTG Pin Stadium lighting kit with the UV+Glow flasher option. When it hits it is going to be amazing!!

Guardiansofthegalaxypinball (resized).pngGuardiansofthegalaxypinball (resized).png

#947 6 years ago

Just an update on things that very soon I will have some footage and real life examples of the Pin Stadium lights installed on the GOTG. As soon as I get them I will post these up immediately.

2 weeks later
#1037 6 years ago

Here are some pics compliments of Trent from www.tiltamusements.com for the pictures GOTG Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) Guardians of the Galaxy (Premium)-le

Trent set up two GOTG machines next to each other to properly demonstrate the dramatic difference. Also captured is a before and after moment with the UV+Glow in action (triggered from the orb flasher) and this is not a mockup of what the UV+Glow looks like this is an actual live picture unedited!
ZMeny KevInBuffalo

gotgUV+Glow (resized).pnggotgUV+Glow (resized).png
gotg_gallery2 (resized).pnggotg_gallery2 (resized).png

gotg_gallery (resized).pnggotg_gallery (resized).png

#1047 6 years ago

Here is another good comparison shot of the GOTG Pro with Pin Stadiums on the left and not installed on the machine on the right.

8A3334F1-135D-4D1F-B0E7-198D9711C895 (resized).jpeg8A3334F1-135D-4D1F-B0E7-198D9711C895 (resized).jpeg
40F88E92-82A8-459D-BD59-7D142A74826C (resized).jpeg40F88E92-82A8-459D-BD59-7D142A74826C (resized).jpeg

8DF40CF1-B0DA-4CCD-906F-2BFF9C8D8CF4 (resized).jpeg8DF40CF1-B0DA-4CCD-906F-2BFF9C8D8CF4 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Any plan to offer a version with some type of diffuser that would hide the indivdual LEDs?
My gripes. These are on the expensive side and I don’t like the individual lights reflecting when watching from the side.
Conclusion. Still really impressed. I didn’t think I needed these, but after installing on my SMVE, it’s the only game I want to play. I can’t believe how dark GB and TWD look next to it. I have good site and all my games have Invisiglass too, but I play in a dark room.
Choosing a flasher to piggyback is important. I found Venom flasher on SM to be perfect blend of flasher action. I will get some pics posted shortly.
My non pinball friend that plays with me once a week was in complete awe.
When I have some extra cash I will more than likely buy for my TWD too.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, much appreciated! I tested out diffusers extensively on them (because I was thinking the same as your suggestion at first) and it was decided that it was best to leave them off due to the fact that they did several things that were not beneficial. They decreased the brightness, color cast mixing, the throw distance of the light(caused some dark areas in portions of the playfield that went away when they were removed), and in addition in between the LED lights it created a solid line(which meant more potential reflecting light). This is also what specifically affected the color cast mixing/brightness as it pulled the color down through and across the diffuser material and did not direct the light out towards the playfield nearly as efficiently. Also once the diffuser was removed it allowed for dark areas in between the LED chips which made them much less prominent to the eye and decrease dramatically any potentiel reflections. Having the diffuser was sort of like having a fluorescent tube all of the way down side of your machine, it was not attractive.

In addition the shield also cause heat build up on the LED board itself and would not allow it to release to the atmosphere very well at all. As a result it raised the LED chip temperature (I measure this) a great deal which meant it affected its performance and would have decreased the life of the LED's. It even burnt out some LED chips (after a few weeks) during that process when I was in the very early stages of using off the shelf LED strips in the prototype development phases of the Pin Stadium lighting system prior to it's production launch. Homemade poor man versions didn't cut it and they did not have the features needed to deliver the quality impact I was going for, and after a couple weeks or month or two they stopped working or fell off into the playfield(yikes). This was prior to me even knowing that other collectors would want these for their machines since I originally designed them just for my collection for fun.

As far as cost, a lot of work goes into these to build them and they are all made here by Pin Stadium. Every build process and step is done in house, and even the LED's that are used are custom PCB and LED chips that were designed by Pin Stadium and custom engineered/manufactured for this specific application and for the kits. This was not cheap for sure and the extra time, effort, and cost is way worth it. They are manufactured to specs that are above and beyond and this is due to the fact that I have background in working with these in multiple lighting applications for corporate and entertainment purposes so I am very particular about this aspect. I wanted the best for my machines and would only want the same for yours too. You can take a look at my Pinside collection to see what machines these were made for and are going on. It's a lot of hard work to build these things and every part of the Pin Stadiums are custom made: light bars, GI Module, Magna-Mounts, LEDs, PCBs, ribbon cables, UV+Glow flashers, flasher integration circuit, GI/Flasher harnesses, and plug and play power adapters. The only things that are off the shelf are the installation accessories packet that is included with each kit: alcohol wipes, wire taps, ribbon cable guides, etc.

This is all what goes into these and is what makes the effect you see so much more visually pleasing while also allowing these to last the life of the pinball machine with the solid state circuitry. I hope this helps to explain that portion better as these were all very good questions. I appreciate the opportunity to detail this to everyone considering them or that has them currently so you know what you have sitting under your glass. It has taken my full time job of being an app and website developer to this, and it's insane crazy busy. However what makes it worth it is all of the smiles I see and hear of when people install the Pin Stadiums on their machines(new and old) and the playfields come alive!

Most recently Dwight Sullivan came over to check them out on a customer's AFMR machine and the customer told me that he was literally floored with the results and that the app sealed the deal. He said that Dwight asked him if they were compatible with his Stern Star Wars (which they are and I am guessing he has an LE ). That was such a cool thing to hear and made me smile since I have enjoyed his machines so much in this pinball collecting hobby of mine over the years.

Also regarding your Spiderman, I installed them on that machine and found the Venom flasher to be the best option also for the effect of the UV+Glow flasher option. I am glad that you love them and that even you non-pinball friends were impressed. The problem I see with Pin Stadiums is that once you get one and put it next to any machine without them it makes you want to get them for that pinball too. This happens to me personally when I add a new machine to my collection (recently Dialed In, Hobbit, AC/DC Premium Vault) and when GOTG LE arrives this week that will be instantly getting a set.

I still get just as excited as I did for my first working set that was installed. Just for the record I put any "seconds" quality ones that were pulled from production to put them in my machines as to not take from any customers. I don't mind since it's usually something small that bothered me about them and I didn't want them to go out to ship. So you better believe I scan good and hard for something that just doesn't seem right.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

1 week later
#1335 6 years ago

Great upgrade on GOTG, I can see my game! Tied the flasher to the orb, puts on a good light show. Super easy install

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1631 6 years ago

Do you have any available at the show?
I have them on my GoTG and GB over by the Pincades Houdini.

I'm thinking my F-14 Tomcat could use some improved lighting.

2 months later
#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Added some PinStadium lighting to my LE. Make's a big difference and the LED reflection on the ramps and other items is not that bad in person. white is tied to the white pirate eddie and UV flash is tied to one of the lighting flashers. This set up looks ok in attract mode, but great in game. When the lighting flashers go and the UV comes on it looks great. Also very cool in modes like fear of the dark where the game only uses the red GI.
Very happy with the look on this game. So far I have a set on Maiden and Guardians and they accent the game very well.
Scott at pinstadium gets an A+ in communication and suggestions on best set up for each game.

Wow the first Iron Maiden LE with Pin Stadiums!! That is really great of you to post this up and to put them on such a rare and desirable machine. You beat me to it and I love that! I recall you being one of the first to order for GOTG also.

I appreciate the kind words and your excellent support for the product. Your machine looks even more amazing now!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

1 week later
#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

What an improvement! Guardians isn’t exactly the darkest playfield to begin with, but it makes a world of difference having this set on! Thanks Scott! Looking forward to the add on
Also adding a pic with the UV Glow, wow!

Nice!!! Looking really really good and nice job capturing the UV+Glow in action. That’s hard to do. I’m glad that you are enjoying them in your GOTG. Thank you for supporting the product.

5 months later
#3414 5 years ago

Who is familiar with the optos on Spike 2 systems?
I'd like to use the ramp exit optos and the Rocket Kickback opto on GOTG to trigger Orion Flashers.
- Can these be used?
- I'm guessing you would use the receiver opto
- Which board is the receiver? The 2 wire or 3 wire board?

2 months later
#3670 5 years ago

Here is a great Live demonstration of the Pin Stadium on a GOTG with Pin Stadiums VS a stock GOTG.

https://www.facebook.com/252932118514804/posts/544542782687068/

1 month later
#3891 5 years ago

Not sure if it's been posted before, but here's a GOTG pro model freshly outfitted with Pinstadium and UV flasher.

20190309_214203 (resized).jpg20190309_214203 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4593 4 years ago

Here is a zoomed in pic of one on GOTG I posted earlier but this is a close up as it’s hard to see otherwise. This is a great example of a plastic sitting on top of the wood too.
AF1A8F5E-3E63-4323-8C33-01794CBF8916 (resized).jpegAF1A8F5E-3E63-4323-8C33-01794CBF8916 (resized).jpegD9C0B82F-FED2-4CA7-BEA1-72762639CC24 (resized).jpegD9C0B82F-FED2-4CA7-BEA1-72762639CC24 (resized).jpeg

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you posted actual photos of "Hover" in use? Sounds cool, but would like to see the fit-and-finish.

Yes there are a bunch of images of them in use on GOTG and Iron Man starting here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/92#post-5036848

3 weeks later
#4926 4 years ago

I had a question asked by a customer as to the best trigger for the UV+Glow on GOTG. Currently many use the Orb inlay but there are many other flashers on the machine if you cycle through in Settings/Diag/Lamps/Flashers if you want to see all of the available options. I would not be surprised if you may find a better one you like too. Post it up for for us if you land on another instead. This technique of using the settings is VERY helpful and a must if you are installing Fusions.

1 month later
#5372 4 years ago

Here is a great video to check out of the Pin Stadiums with the UV+Glow on Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG LE). This covers the visuals benefits along with the impressive intergalactic light show you can expect

Here is the direct link to the product that is install on this machine:
https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights/

3 months later
#5645 4 years ago

Ordered a fusion for my GOTG today. Hooray for the Black Friday discount. Can’t wait to see it in action! Thanks for making such a great product.

9 months later
#6400 3 years ago

Another popular machine for Pin Stadiums is Stern Star Wars. As lot of people love installing our pinball mods in that machine of course. However another one is the Star Wars Pin home edition(smaller scale lower priced one).

The install is a little different since it does not have a service port for power. Easy fix for that is you simply run the Pin Stadium power supply from your wall into the back of the cabinet(general example pic attached shown on a GOTG pinball). You can do this where the cabinet and backbox(head)meet. Also if live outside of North America and have non US style plugs, then this means you machine does not ship with a service port. You can use this method also as a nice work around.

The GI connection (blue and white cable) is normal to any GI bulb. Then for the UV+Glow flasher (red and green cable) is unique in the sense that there are not many flashers on the machine.

There is one that acts like a flashers when you hit the tie fighter. It is on the backboard of the machine and is a small flasher PCB board.

Simple trace the two wires down to the 4 pin connector and use the wire taps from there. Easy!!!

I have attached a picture of this to help explain better. Star Wars the Pin is surprisingly a very fun machine to play too.

Enjoy!!

6666902D-1DA4-468E-BB42-74B3250C8C4E (resized).jpeg6666902D-1DA4-468E-BB42-74B3250C8C4E (resized).jpegA433D3D0-0D36-403D-AE8A-598F056AEFA2 (resized).jpegA433D3D0-0D36-403D-AE8A-598F056AEFA2 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#7144 2 years ago

I just installed Neo pin stadiums on my GOTG. Does anyone have recommended settings for it? I tried scrolling and don’t see it. I appreciate it!

1 year later
#7748 1 year ago

For those of you installing the Neo Atoms: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom/

On Stern Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG)

Trigger the UV+Glow (Red/Green cable) from the Orb flasher bulb here for amazing effects!!

#guardians-of-the-galaxy-premium-le Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro)

9E947A37-E592-47EE-A786-45507875F692 (resized).jpeg9E947A37-E592-47EE-A786-45507875F692 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "gotg".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement?tq=gotg&tu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.