(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,220 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 165.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

yes I am guessing it touched the base, lesson learned I guess. Wish is just blew the fuse but for whatever reason seems like more damage was done

Usually it’s just a fuse if not a simple transistor is all it will be. Check the manual but it’s just one of these type normally or the folks at Pinball Life will help you with their great customer service:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=tip121

I hope this helps.

#4902 4 years ago

Yea I am quite confident its the transistor. Deciding if I should take on the repair myself, have a pro coming Monday. My sparky also locked on, but I think i twas a coincidence as I have read that can happen when the play field is lifted.

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea I am quite confident its the transistor. Deciding if I should take on the repair myself, have a pro coming Monday. My sparky also locked on, but I think i twas a coincidence as I have read that can happen when the play field is lifted.

Very rarely does this happen but when things are touching you never know. But the transistor is less than $2 to replace. You will need to pull the board out and desolder the old and then put the new one in.

Always remember that the alligator clips are for those that want an easy simple semi-permanent connection they can remove if they sell or trade the machine. They can then easily move it to another machine. You can always snip the clips off and solder it permanently. I hope this helps.

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Very rarely does this happen but when things are touching you never know. But the transistor is less than $2 to replace. You will need to pull the board out and desolder the old and then put the new one in.
Always remember that the alligator clips are for those that want an easy simple semi-permanent connection they can remove if they sell or trade the machine. They can then easily move it to another machine. You can always snip the clips off and solder it permanently. I hope this helps.

Yes, I may indeed solder them once I am happy with the locations just to be safe. What about wiretaps for a future option? Just a thought.

Anyhow I think that there may have been two unrelated events as the sparky seems to be a known issue! Lots of people have had them fry when opening the coin door and then turning the game on, even some had some flashers stay on! So I do believe I shorted the flasher as it wasn't working when I tested the game and then the fuse blew, but the other stuff may have been me working on that game oh well.

I already have the transistors ordered and the new "and apparently Improved sparky coil" ordered. But deciding if I will tackle the transistors myself as my soldering skills are average at best right now getting better

Adam

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes, I may indeed solder them once I am happy with the locations just to be safe. What about wiretaps for a future option? Just a thought.
Anyhow I think that there may have been two unrelated events as the sparky seems to be a known issue! Lots of people have had them fry when opening the coin door and then turning the game on, even some had some flashers stay on! So I do believe I shorted the flasher as it wasn't working when I tested the game and then the fuse blew, but the other stuff may have been me working on that game oh well.
I already have the transistors ordered and the new "and apparently Improved sparky coil" ordered. But deciding if I will tackle the transistors myself as my soldering skills are average at best right now getting better
Adam

I think that it may not even be related to the install of the clips it sounds because normally if you do it wrong it just blows a fuse. Sounds like you are taking the right steps to replace it regardless and should have it resolved. Keep us posted.

#4906 4 years ago

Hello,

On the topic of IM, with the Fusion, you you can select the colors for each mode? Can you select the intensity by mode as well?

Thanks,
Mike

#4907 4 years ago

Yes indeed maybe ... though I guess in theory had I never messed with the game the unrelated event likely wouldn’t not have happened lol

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello,
On the topic of IM, with the Fusion, you you can select the colors for each mode? Can you select the intensity by mode as well?
Thanks,
Mike

It’s not mode specific as the game will control the modes that trigger the flashers and then with Fusions you can select the colors and brightness each time that bulb fires.

#4909 4 years ago

One of the things that makes the Fusion product so powerful is it is running very advanced software coding behind the scenes to calculate the ultimate light show sequencing that enhances any mode as you so desire. Very cool stuff built into this technology and it's very apparent when you see them in action on your machine. Breathtaking results guaranteed and flasher colors you never thought possible now available in the palm of your hands.....
fusion_led_pinball_machine_lights (resized).pngfusion_led_pinball_machine_lights (resized).png

#4910 4 years ago

If anyone want to see the Pin Stadiums in action on Alien check out the @deadflip stream live now: https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

We have the GI set up on all green in the app and the UV+Glow triggered by the Xenomorph magnet. Worth checking out!!

3037232F-C324-43E1-9492-DDC72D39C712 (resized).png3037232F-C324-43E1-9492-DDC72D39C712 (resized).png
#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

One of the things that makes the Fusion product so powerful is it it running very advanced software coding behind the scenes to calculate the ultimate light show sequencing that enhances any mode as you so desire. Very cool stuff built into this technology and it's very apparent when you see them in action on your machine. Breathtaking results guaranteed and flasher colors you never thought possible now available in the palm of your hands.....

I can vouch for this, especially on my MMR. I noticed a lot of cool effects happening. For example, when you light up the extra ball after the second castle, everything goes dark except the Fusions flash red. Not sure if red is the default color for Fusion, or it is using one the flashers that I have set to red, but regardless, it's just a striking look. Likewise, when starting a Multiball Madness(hopefully with more than a few modes), the cycling of the lights on/off to highlight each Multiball Madness jackpot shot at the start, is really cool. Then there is the multi-color light show for things like Merlin's Magic and the UV+glow when destroying a castle. I especially love how I was able to tailor the Fusion to certain shots on my machine. I have a blue lighted dragon mod on my left ramp and blue flasher tied to it. Then red on the right ramp for the stock red dragon. Making those shots is so thrilling now(you can you say it's a Song of Fire and Ice ).

All the same goes for my ST as well. It's not just the default playfield lighting, but the overall event driven light show too. Pin Stadiums are cool, but Fusions are where it's at!

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I can vouch for this, especially on my MMR. I noticed a lot of cool effects happening. For example, when you light up the extra ball after the second castle, everything goes dark except the Fusions flash red. Not sure if red is the default color for Fusion, or it is using one the flashers that I have set to red, but regardless, it's just a striking look. Likewise, when starting a Multiball Madness(hopefully with more than a few modes), the cycling of the lights on/off to highlight each Multiball Madness jackpot shot at the start, is really cool. Then there is the multi-color light show for things like Merlin's Magic and the UV+glow when destroying a castle. I especially love how I was able to tailor the Fusion to certain shots on my machine. I have a blue lighted dragon mod on my left ramp and blue flasher tied to it. Then red on the right ramp for the stock red dragon. Making those shots is so thrilling now(you can you say it's a Song of Fire and Ice ).
All the same goes for my ST as well. It's not just the default playfield lighting, but the overall event driven light show too. Pin Stadiums are cool, but Fusions are where it's at!

You have really had the chance to experience them in person on your owne machines and what he is describing is dead on exactly you can expect for your machine. I think you have done an excellent job explaining them by also taken the extra time to dial them in to your liking with the mods you described. The videos he posted up before I’m this thread are worth checking out so that you can see what he is referring to regarding the Fusions.

#4913 4 years ago

Tonight DeadFlip for fun played a game of Alien with the Pin Stadiums turned off per the Twitch chat request. He said he could not see the ball at all and screamed for help for someone to turn them back one lol!! Ken (Galloping Ghost Repair guy) was very helpful in demoing the lights on/off and adjusting to all the different colors. Check out the replay of the stream to see this. Really great demo of them. Here is a pic of when Jack turned off the Pin Stadiums!!

8B5CD525-F61E-4517-B64B-3EB8F3D48832 (resized).png8B5CD525-F61E-4517-B64B-3EB8F3D48832 (resized).png
#4914 4 years ago

Here are some other color settings they used.
91606513-C559-4AB9-9F3A-DD6128B22FE5 (resized).png91606513-C559-4AB9-9F3A-DD6128B22FE5 (resized).pngB5570CE8-C989-4F3C-AB3F-2A2EA275085C (resized).pngB5570CE8-C989-4F3C-AB3F-2A2EA275085C (resized).pngC124C526-1BF4-4AEE-B322-506C88C22E1B (resized).pngC124C526-1BF4-4AEE-B322-506C88C22E1B (resized).png0BC13A37-ED9E-4427-98D2-A1B9DB99ED5C (resized).png0BC13A37-ED9E-4427-98D2-A1B9DB99ED5C (resized).png

3630FABD-AD60-4CD9-A154-420AD5345B69 (resized).png3630FABD-AD60-4CD9-A154-420AD5345B69 (resized).png
#4915 4 years ago

Another of them OFF

EF39CC32-D836-4190-B6C7-4AAEA1DAAF06 (resized).pngEF39CC32-D836-4190-B6C7-4AAEA1DAAF06 (resized).png
#4916 4 years ago
22E7FF16-09E6-4B30-B713-4F73AF175639 (resized).jpeg22E7FF16-09E6-4B30-B713-4F73AF175639 (resized).jpeg2F0F561A-E07E-47B8-AF8D-6EE53B7FD999 (resized).jpeg2F0F561A-E07E-47B8-AF8D-6EE53B7FD999 (resized).jpeg
#4917 4 years ago
fusion_laboratories (resized).pngfusion_laboratories (resized).png
#4918 4 years ago

Huge difference on Alien and absolutely so happy to also have them on JJP Pirates as I was able to remove all those ugly Spot lights

20190704_000448 (resized).jpg20190704_000448 (resized).jpg20190703_235811.jpg20190703_235811.jpg
#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Huge difference on Alien and absolutely so happy to also have them on JJP Pirates as I was able to remove all those ugly Spot lights [quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely modded.

#4920 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Huge difference on Alien and absolutely so happy to also have them on JJP Pirates as I was able to remove all those ugly Spot lights [quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a perfect example of Alien and POTC. Yes most everyone is pulling out the spotlights on POTC once they have the Pin Stadiums installed since there is no need for them and they have no effect after the install.

#4921 4 years ago

This is a great example for LordHelmet and review of the Fusions on POTC too. Check out the video of them in action: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/82#post-4924983

#4922 4 years ago

VillaThrills was one of the first to install them in JJP POTC and he took a pic of all of the spotlights that are easily removed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/70#post-4701140

#4923 4 years ago
AF3F9E2E-D079-43E1-B77C-1F9F753B1B93 (resized).jpegAF3F9E2E-D079-43E1-B77C-1F9F753B1B93 (resized).jpegD75AC85E-67A5-401F-81A2-D0BCC1F19588 (resized).jpegD75AC85E-67A5-401F-81A2-D0BCC1F19588 (resized).jpeg
#4924 4 years ago

Side by side

E7499226-3924-45E0-8C00-B4FC676952AC (resized).pngE7499226-3924-45E0-8C00-B4FC676952AC (resized).png
#4925 4 years ago

Fusions are in stock in available for immediate shipping: https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-fusion/

led_pinball_lighting_mod_pinstadium (resized).pngled_pinball_lighting_mod_pinstadium (resized).png
#4926 4 years ago

I had a question asked by a customer as to the best trigger for the UV+Glow on GOTG. Currently many use the Orb inlay but there are many other flashers on the machine if you cycle through in Settings/Diag/Lamps/Flashers if you want to see all of the available options. I would not be surprised if you may find a better one you like too. Post it up for for us if you land on another instead. This technique of using the settings is VERY helpful and a must if you are installing Fusions.

#4927 4 years ago
pinball_mod_bulbs_lights (resized).pngpinball_mod_bulbs_lights (resized).png
#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I had a question asked by a customer as to the best trigger for the UV+Glow on GOTG. Currently many use the Orb inlay but there are many other flashers on the machine if you cycle through in Settings/Diag/Lamps/Flashers if you want to see all of the available options. I would not be surprised if you may find a better one you like too. Post it up for for us if you land on another instead. This technique of using the settings is VERY helpful and a must if you are installing Fusions.

For Stern machines this is so very helpful in determining your available flasher location. Open the coin door and to into: Settings/Diag/Lamps/Flash

Cycle through them and you will see all kinds of options to trigger the Pin Stadiums UV+Glow or Fusions/Orion's Belt flashers from!!!

led_pinball_bulb_kit_pinstadium (resized).pngled_pinball_bulb_kit_pinstadium (resized).png
#4929 4 years ago

Will the upcoming Blur completely remove the stripe effect? If so, when will these be available. Thanks!

#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Will the upcoming Blur completely remove the stripe effect? If so, when will these be available. Thanks!

Yes that’s the goal!! Which is why I’m taking my time fine tuning it with precision. As far as the timeline goes I am working to get the majority Pin Stadium audience with the Hovers first since the BLUR need those to attach to the accessory port on them. I’m mapping the Pin Stadiums to Hover ratio internally on my end.

Once the Hovers continue to spread then I will be able to narrow down a better timeline. This will also allow for a very efficient production process too since it’s all being done in the Pin Stadium factory

#4931 4 years ago

So anyone that is still considering Hovers, now is a great time to order them!! I expect the first few of the this production run to start leaving out of here likely next week for those who have your orders in already. They will be shipped in the order received and I will email you tracking information when they go to leave out of here.

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes that’s the goal!! Which is why I’m taking my time fine tuning it with precision

Sounds good. I will be following to see how this shapes up. My MMr could really use some more lighting. Thanks for your time.

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Sounds good. I will be following to see how this shapes up. My MMr could really use some more lighting. Thanks for your time.

You are welcome and very glad to help! Also keep in mind that you could get the Pin Stadiums now and then the Hover/BLUR are upgradeable at anytime on the kit you purchase which is the nice thing about how the Pin Stadium design model works. Here are the results of what you can expect as the product sits now!

mmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_after (resized).jpegmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_after (resized).jpegmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_before (resized).jpegmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_before (resized).jpeg
#4934 4 years ago

Here is another customer's MMR Before and After pics too!

mmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_after2 (resized).jpgmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_after2 (resized).jpgmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_before2 (resized).jpgmmr_pinball_lights_led_kit_before2 (resized).jpg
#4935 4 years ago

Those are mine before adding even more lighting recently. What can I say, Pin Stadiums inspired me. This machine has never looked more dynamic whether I'm playing it or not.

Note: Try as I might, I just can't seem to capture the true color vibrancy of the purple/green on the castle on my iphone. The green especially looks way more washed out than in person.

Going to try and get some better video of it in action when I can. Last one I took, I hadn't finalized flasher placement, and before I added extra lights/mods.

IMG_E0616 (resized).JPGIMG_E0616 (resized).JPGIMG_E0615 (resized).JPGIMG_E0615 (resized).JPG
#4936 4 years ago
pinball_led_lights_dmd (resized).pngpinball_led_lights_dmd (resized).png
#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Those are mine before adding even more lighting recently. What can I say, Pin Stadiums inspired me. This machine has never looked more dynamic whether I'm playing it or not.
Note: Try as I might, I just can't seem to capture the true color vibrancy of the purple/green on the castle on my iphone. The green especially looks way more washed out than in person.
Going to try and get some better video of it in action when I can. Last one I took, I hadn't finalized flasher placement, and before I added extra lights/mods.[quoted image][quoted image]

The really nice thing about your pics is it shows how the Pin Stadiums "Invisi-Look" feature really takes effect by removing the glare from the lighting from the speakers and in the room reflecting on the playfield glass. In my opinion one of the best pics I have seen yet for demonstrating this!!! Well done and I will be saving these for sure.

#4938 4 years ago

OK, here's some more video as promised.

#4939 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

OK, here's some more video as promised.

Well first off that was a great ball he had on the video and secondly it allowed for a prime example of the Fusions on your MMR!! I think that you have them dialed in really nicely and well orchestrated as a result. Thank you for posting this up for us all to see. Very impressive and I’m sure it looks even better in person.

#4940 4 years ago

Another really great machine that plays like a beast with killer artwork that is brilliantly revealed after the Pin Stadium install. I will let you have the imagination on what is possible with this... Spooky ACNC

acnd_led_pinball_lights_lighting_pinstadium_beforea (resized).pngacnd_led_pinball_lights_lighting_pinstadium_beforea (resized).png
#4941 4 years ago

Here is a clear unedited pic of ACNC in a completely dark room.

acnd_led_pinball_lights_lighting_pinstadium_before (resized).jpgacnd_led_pinball_lights_lighting_pinstadium_before (resized).jpg
#4942 4 years ago
fusion_led_pinball_lights_mods (resized).pngfusion_led_pinball_lights_mods (resized).png
#4943 4 years ago

I have had a few questions about how much ACDC will benefit from the Pin Stadiums being that parts of the machine have some brighter sections. This in fact makes for more contrast in the darker areas thus resulting in powerful results that are sure to please!! There is a reason ACDC is a popular game to install Pin Stadiums on....

acdc_pinball_led_lights_before (resized).pngacdc_pinball_led_lights_before (resized).png

acdc_pinball_led_lights_after (resized).JPGacdc_pinball_led_lights_after (resized).JPG
#4944 4 years ago
acdcalt2_pinball_ledlighting (resized).pngacdcalt2_pinball_ledlighting (resized).png
#4945 4 years ago

I have them on my AC/DC...huge difference. I removed the spots and it improved visibility of the PF, which is another nice benefit...

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have them on my AC/DC...huge difference. I removed the spots and it improved visibility of the PF, which is another nice benefit...

That's awesome and removal of spotlights makes for a much cleaner and visually appealing playfield. Thanks for letting us all know and also for your support for the product snaroff

It's really neat to see this machine with the concert lighting it deserves!!

#4947 4 years ago

Tune in tonight as FlipNout Pinball https://www.flipnoutpinball.com will have guests Joe Katz, Keith Johnson, and Eric Meunier from Jersey Jack Pinball on the stream!!

You can check out the Pin Stadiums "live" in action on Willy Wonka at 7pm CST or 8PM EST. Even better Pinquest and Pin Stadium are going to do a challenge for Ken and Bill (likely Steve Bedi too) where they can win 5,000 bits if they get meet certain goals that we have set for them.

Also after hours "call in" as always so you can talk to the crew including JJP yourself!! Check it out here:

https://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
led_pinball_lighting_ww_ (resized).pngled_pinball_lighting_ww_ (resized).png

#4948 4 years ago

Stream is live!!! Feel free to jump in and ask questions to JJP directly. They are covering a lot of things..

#4949 4 years ago

Oktoberfest artwork and playfield comes alive after the Pin Stadium install. Big impact and results on this game!!

29D017E4-41EA-442E-9150-828B8B8687E4 (resized).jpeg29D017E4-41EA-442E-9150-828B8B8687E4 (resized).jpeg
#4950 4 years ago

Addams Family has always been a big favorite for collectors installing Pin Stadiums. Really impressive results. Literally like night and day.

BCC9098F-A7AC-4115-96A5-944C634A61B6 (resized).jpegBCC9098F-A7AC-4115-96A5-944C634A61B6 (resized).jpeg1E611B97-9D7D-477A-AF25-02B6C2D962F3 (resized).jpeg1E611B97-9D7D-477A-AF25-02B6C2D962F3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/99?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.