(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 165.
#4751 4 years ago

Playing the video on the forum on my phone brings up a low res video. If it's doing that to anyone else, open it in YouTube and make sure it's on high res and not auto.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is BIG time guys, promise I will predict it's going to be the biggest hit add-on to date. Always something brewing in the Pin Stadium laboratory and more clues coming really REALLY soon. Stay tuned and feel free to guess what this is. If someone guesses it correctly I will PM you prior to the announcement at TPF. In fact, if you get it right the first 5 correct Pinsiders to guess correctly win one. This thing is wicked sweet. This should be fun!!
[quoted image]

Quoted from DudeRegular:

My real guess is an attachment to the playfield itself rather than the cabinet sides. This will allow the raising of the playfield while keeping the lights installed.

Do you need my address?

#4753 4 years ago

By the way for anyone that has already place an order for Hovers. I have a had a ton of requests for customers wanting to add more of them to their current order more now that they have seen the video and details pics versatile and factory looking they are. So for this first production run I am going to offer Free Shipping on any orders of Hovers that have currently been placed. Email me at [email protected] and I will generate a code for you and you can add as many at you want with FREE SHIPPING. Take me up on this offer....

pinball_light_bulbs_mod_led_pinstadium_hover3 (resized).pngpinball_light_bulbs_mod_led_pinstadium_hover3 (resized).png
#4754 4 years ago

Here is a new collector who said he ordered his first pinball machine Stern Star Wars Premium after seeing the Canadian Arcade video review of the Pin Stadiums. He said it made him want to order that machine because of how pretty it made SW and brightened it up. RIght after he also purchased a TNA and Munsters LE while immediately ordering Fusions for all of them. This all went down in the last couple weeks as a "treat" to himself for retiring. But even better check out his 82 year father enjoying the Fusions on Munsters LE. Grandpa's laboratory has a whole new meaning!!
pinball_mod_lights_led_bulbs_spotlights_fusion (resized).pngpinball_mod_lights_led_bulbs_spotlights_fusion (resized).png

#4755 4 years ago

Here is the video he saw! Pretty nice video done by The Canadian Arcade with excellent editing and some funny stuff worth checking out:

#4756 4 years ago

Just ordered Hover kit for my Pinstadiums on my TWDLE. Hoping it dramatically improves the aggravation of pf lifting!

#4757 4 years ago

I have two different reasons for wanting the Hovers. In my Dialed In I have decals over mirror blades and they seem very delicate. I don't want to put the magna mounts on them. For my Maiden, I don't know why but I can't get a set of Magna mounts that will stick to the sides properly, third set. Hovers will fix both of these issues.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just ordered Hover kit for my Pinstadiums on my TWDLE. Hoping it dramatically improves the aggravation of pf lifting!

Thank you for your order I just saw it come through and I really appreciate it. It will definitely give you the valet service that you always desired . And the best thing about it is you only pay once and you get lifetime valet. Now that’s one heck of a deal Lol!!

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

By the way for anyone that has already place an order for Hovers. I have a had a ton of requests for customers wanting to add more of them to their current order more now that they have seen the video and details pics versatile and factory looking they are. So for this first production run I am going to offer Free Shipping on any orders of Hovers that have currently been placed. Email me at [email protected] and I will generate a code for you and you can add as many at you want with FREE SHIPPING. Take me up on this offer....[quoted image]

I already placed an order for Hover - will you be refunding the shipping cost?

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I already placed an order for Hover - will you be refunding the shipping cost?

Just going forward if you want to order more it will be Free Shipping if you have already placed an order “prior” to today for the early supporters and want to add more Hovers just on this first run before they ship out. Email me: [email protected]

#4761 4 years ago
led_pinball_spotlights_hover_mod_machine (resized).pngled_pinball_spotlights_hover_mod_machine (resized).png
#4762 4 years ago

I’m assuming your waiting on getting the Hovers from where you are getting them manufactured, hence the wait time of 3-4 weeks.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’m assuming your waiting on getting the Hovers from where you are getting them manufactured, hence the wait time of 3-4 weeks.

That would be nice one day, but it is much more involved than that as I am manufacturing them myself and have set up a entirely new portion of the Pin Stadium factory to do this.

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you for your order I just saw it come through and I really appreciate it. It will definitely give you the valet service that you always desired . And the best thing about it is you only pay once and you get lifetime valet. Now that’s one heck of a deal Lol!!

DB90C61E-EB74-4D46-AE49-D28F391C345C.gifDB90C61E-EB74-4D46-AE49-D28F391C345C.gif

You spoil us!

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]
You spoil us!

My pleasure!! Also someone emailed me today and asked a very good question about the Hovers. They wondered if they were removable so if they sell a machine they can take them out and put them in another. The answer is "Yes absolutely"!

#4766 4 years ago
pinball_machine_lightings_hover_led_mods (resized).pngpinball_machine_lightings_hover_led_mods (resized).png
#4767 4 years ago

Here are some requested pics of MET with the Pin Stadiums. Huge impact and the UV+Glow triggered from Sparky is something serious to see!

Before:

BEAA6834-3BD6-434F-B13A-D7CCC453ED56 (resized).jpegBEAA6834-3BD6-434F-B13A-D7CCC453ED56 (resized).jpeg
#4768 4 years ago
DD93EC55-5844-4DC4-BFAB-368F5CBB5D63 (resized).jpegDD93EC55-5844-4DC4-BFAB-368F5CBB5D63 (resized).jpeg
#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hover order just came in for TNA which is ironic as this is the machine that caused me to have to completely redesign the original prototype Hovers which makes them capable of working on any pinball machine. Thanks TNA for being an amazing game and for fueling the future of innovation even for Pin Stadiums!!

I can't wait to put them in my TNA. It's a great game and I'm glad you were able to make the Hovers work for it, since it has such a shallow playfield depth.

Next i need to get a set for my Terminator 2. Ill probably get the fusion set for that.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I can't wait to put them in my TNA. It's a great game and I'm glad you were able to make the Hovers work for it, since it has such a shallow playfield depth.
Next i need to get a set for my Terminator 2. Ill probably get the fusion set for that.

Yes TNA is such killer machine and also widely popular for the Pin Stadiums. Every time I see before and after pics or videos of that machine with them I am always floored by the results. Especially due to the exceptional light control and how the Pin Stadiums precision sync with it.

At TPF when I tested a Hover prototype on TNA, I knew right away that the low cabinet wall height had to be built into the design of the Hovers with some sort of vertical telescoping design.

T2 with Fusions will surely rock!!

#4771 4 years ago

Finally caught someone getting vampire disco mode

#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Finally caught someone getting vampire disco mode

Sweet!!! I have never seen that mode before let alone with the Pin Stadiums. Super awesome....

#4773 4 years ago

darn it now I have to consider this LOL

#4774 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

darn it now I have to consider this LOL

It’s definitely worth the consideration

#4776 4 years ago
pinball_machine_lights_led_mod_hover (resized).pngpinball_machine_lights_led_mod_hover (resized).png
#4777 4 years ago

This question gets asked a bunch about what Fusions are in comparison to Pin Stadiums. Pin Stadiums with UV+Glow and Orion's Belt (4x Wifi controllable flashers). It is these two products merged into one pair of lights bars. The light show is fully controllable (colors, GI brightness, patterns, even the flasher can be any color) via the Pin Stadium app will literally give you the ultimate light show!!

pinball_mods_lights_bulbs_fusion (resized).pngpinball_mods_lights_bulbs_fusion (resized).png
#4778 4 years ago

I am working on the Hover installation instructions for updating the website with how to install them. This is the example of how to attache them to the playfield by simply pulling back the 3M adhesive base mount.
led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install (resized).png

#4779 4 years ago

Vertical telescoping adjustment feature!

led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install2 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install2 (resized).png
#4780 4 years ago

Are the instructions going to include written words too? I hope so because the above picture leaves me a bit confused.

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are the instructions going to include written words too? I hope so because the above picture leaves me a bit confused.

Absolutely! They will be like the other instruction on the website. These won’t be IKEA directions for sure

#4782 4 years ago

Swivel head design to get precision factory positioning of light bars so that they will be in the "exact" same place they are now where the Magna-Mounts used to hold them.

led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install3 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install3 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install4 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install4 (resized).png
#4783 4 years ago

One of the huge benefits to converting to Hovers, the "Accessory Portal"

led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install6 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install6 (resized).png
#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

One of the huge benefits to converting to Hovers, the "Accessory Portal" [quoted image]

Can i still use the invisi-shields i ordered?
What's the accessory portal for?

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Yes the Invisi-Shields are compatible and the Accessory Portal is there for future Pin Stadium enhancements like the BLUR etc.

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Because $50 for a mounting system wasn't enough. This is the slot where you attach the additional $50 attachments.

I have to say, I've gotten pretty salty about what a cash grab these have turned into. They were always a high-end mod, that's fine. I've bought several and had plans to buy many more. But the nickel and diming (or rather $20 and $50ing) has gotten out of hand. I appreciate someone getting paid for their work. But the margins on these are INSANE! If new features got incorporated back into the main product with a modest price increase, and a reasonable fee was charged to add them to existing products, that would feel fair. To come out with features that EVERYONE wants (like not having to remove the lights when raising the playfield, or eliminating the nasty candy-striping), but not putting them in the base product "so that people have options" is purely money motivated.

Scott seems like a really nice guy, but it's becoming increasingly easy to see why Scott / Pinstadiums are so polarizing.

#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Because $50 for a mounting system wasn't enough. This is the slot where you attach the additional $50 attachments.
I have to say, I've gotten pretty salty about what a cash grab these have turned into. They were always a high-end mod, that's fine. I've bought several and had plans to buy many more. But the nickel and diming (or rather $20 and $50ing) has gotten out of hand. I appreciate someone getting paid for their work. But the margins on these are INSANE! If new features got incorporated back into the main product with a modest price increase, and a reasonable fee was charged to add them to existing products, that would feel fair. To come out with features that EVERYONE wants (like not having to remove the lights when raising the playfield, or eliminating the nasty candy-striping), but not putting them in the base product "so that people have options" is purely money motivated.
Scott seems like a really nice guy, but it's becoming increasingly easy to see why Scott / Pinstadiums are so polarizing.

Always good to hear from you and to get feedback/input continually. For Pin Stadiums to remain stagnant, not grow, and not develop further is against my plan and always will be. In the same fashion my goal is to provide optional customer chosen features for those that desire continued product enhancements as they become available and this allows someone on a lower to budget to have options to get in where they are comfortable. That's super important!!

Even better, later on should they decide to upgrade when funds permit, they have the trust and faith knowing that these improvements will be compatible with their original purchase whenever possible. This allows for time and money to balance out at their own rate as they so choose to graduate to the new technology and design advances.

Imagine buying the Pin Stadiums only to know that the money you spent on them was something you had to take the hit on and the only way to get the new thing was to have to re-buy everything not to mention having to put up your old ones for sale to offset the expense to upgrade. What a nightmare Yikes!!!

I don't plan to sway from this model and I will continue to spend endless hours in R&D, prototyping, Materials, building, testing, development, manufacturing(doing over 60-70+ hours a week of that not including around the clock customer support for all countries), and implement these features with significant labor, and most importantly time to make things better for you.

On a special note, this includes new app development which I have been working on with major visual and functional improvements that I am sure you guys will appreciate. Take a look at my old graphics of Orion and then see how he looks now, just to give you an idea of what is to come and how things keep getting better. Most importantly customer support for you guys!!!!

Thank you all for the outstanding support for all of the Pin Stadium products and the overwhelming response of orders for the Hovers along with the roar from the crown for the BLURs and ......

I love doing this and plan to continue to make improvements with some really cool stuff to come!!

#4788 4 years ago

I saw this machine go up for trade and it would be so cool to get a set of Pin Stadiums on one of these!! There was a guy on Twitch that re-themed this machine over to a Nintendo Zelda machine and as you made shots it progressed through the game. Really great idea!!

pinball_led_lighting_dungeonsdragons (resized).pngpinball_led_lighting_dungeonsdragons (resized).png
#4789 4 years ago

Speaking of improvements, I took a look back at even the graphics of the Pin Stadiums and the early stages of Orion to the current version. It was cool to see that the product has advanced as much as the graphics too!! Check it out:

old_orion_pinball_lighting_led_lights (resized).pngold_orion_pinball_lighting_led_lights (resized).pngled_lighting_led_kit_pinball_machine_pinstadium_fusion2 (resized).pngled_lighting_led_kit_pinball_machine_pinstadium_fusion2 (resized).png
#4790 4 years ago

This comparison cracked me up also as this is even earlier versions!!

lol (resized).pnglol (resized).pngfusions_run (resized).pngfusions_run (resized).png
#4791 4 years ago

For me I would be moving my old pin stadiums to an older pinball and get the new improved all inclusive model instead of the constant upgrades. That doesn’t appear to be on the radar.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

For me I would be moving my old pin stadiums to an older pinball and get the new improved all inclusive model instead of the constant upgrades. That doesn’t appear to be on the radar.

That’s a great way to handle the older Pin Stadiums and is a really good example as to why there needs to be flexibility since others would be upset if upgrades were only available if you were forced to buy brand new and discard the old.

The way it is being offered is so that if you want the new you still will always have the option to order all the features at once and have it shipped that way or separately later if you want to graduate into features as you deem appropriate. Perfect!!

#4793 4 years ago

Speaking of options... What features would you guys like to see in the new Pin Stadium 2.0 app?

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Couldn't agree more. My feelings exactly. I sat on the sidelines for awhile before converting 8 of my 16 games over to Pinstadiums. I've defended Scott & his products when folks were Pinstadium "bashing" in various threads. I've also posted my before/after photos to help market Pinstadium's.

Unfortunately, the strategy to milk every last buck with endless marketing images/posts is a big turnoff. I don't have a problem with charging for "add ons", but hiking the price of the basic Pinstadium product by $50 (to get the new/improved mounts) is a bummer. 3 of my 8 Pinstadiums had magnet problems (and I know I'm not unique), so it's also surprising Scott wouldn't want his loyal followers to cut over to the new/improved design. Whatever...I guess I'll be sticking with the magnets and inconvenience of lifting the PF.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more. My feelings exactly. I sat on the sidelines for awhile before converting 8 of my 16 games over to Pinstadiums. I've defended Scott & his products when folks were Pinstadium "bashing" in various threads. I've also posted my before/after photos to help market Pinstadium's.
Unfortunately, the strategy to milk every last buck with endless marketing images/posts is a big turnoff. I don't have a problem with charging for "add ons", but hiking the price of the basic Pinstadium product by $50 (to get the new/improved mounts) is a bummer. 3 of my 8 Pinstadiums had magnet problems (and I know I'm not unique), so it's also surprising Scott wouldn't want his loyal followers to cut over to the new/improved design. Whatever...I guess I'll be sticking with the magnets and inconvenience of lifting the PF.

I have to disagree with both of these. First off, the product is very reasonably priced for what you get in the basic package. Second, I fail to see how the pricing is outrageous for the add ons either. Nobody else is making similar products and $50 for a set of 6 hover pieces doesn’t seem pricey to me at all. The constant posts with graphics are just an effort to keep interest and the thread on the first page. Not everyone wants to get all bells and whistles so complaining because everyone isn’t forced to buy them doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I normally wouldn’t comment on comments for products for sale. However, in this case I felt it was warranted. I’ve bought several sets from Scott and his customer service is unmatched by anyone IMHO. If you don’t want to pay for them, don’t buy them. But people are dropping 10 K on a single pin, these products seem well priced to me. Give the guy a break. If you can make a quality product for less then have at it. Just my two cents.

#4796 4 years ago

And remember, we are not communists. The guy is entitled to make a profit. Jeez.

#4797 4 years ago

Great discussion as always and it's all good. GamerRick Thank you for your support and kind words!!!! Also speaking of posting up images, here are some images that I am continuing to work on for the Hover install. The question about if they work with Invisi-Shields was answered earlier today but I thought I would post up a visual of how they work since that is a great questions. The Hover swivel clip that grabs to the bar accepts the Invisi-Shield as part of its design. Then once you find the best location for your Hover mount then just make to small trims on either side and it will work like a dream!!! This is the Invisi-Shield you trim not the light bar lol !
led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install7 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install7 (resized).png

#4798 4 years ago

More items that I am updating for the instructions that will help put another visual to the questions about how and where to put the mounts. Here are the suggested guidelines:

led_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install8 (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_hover_lights_install8 (resized).png
#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

And remember, we are not communists. The guy is entitled to make a profit. Jeez.

Communists? Talk about over the top. As I said, I've supported Scott with my purchases AND numerous Pinside posts. I'm allowed to express an opinion about bundling/pricing without being labeled a "communist". Give me a break...have some f-ing respect.

#4800 4 years ago

I think I am about done with the instruction images and this one is sequential on the “sneak in” mount technique that utilizes the special arch as the base to safely slide into the most unexpected places. Next up some animation instructions too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 218.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/96?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.