(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 165.
#4651 4 years ago

but what is blur? It makes it so the LEDs cant be seen invidually?

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Scott, will there be a way to mount Orion's Belt on the new Hovers?

The Hover kits are just for the Pin Stadiums and Fusions. No plans for Orion's Belt at the moment due to the flexible nature of the light bar.

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

but what is blur? It makes it so the LEDs cant be seen invidually?

Yes. No reflections off the ramps or sides of the game. No candy striping.

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. No reflections off the ramps or sides of the game. No candy striping.

So I will probably order blur, hovers, orion belt, and pinstadium lights.. for my Woz RR. What else we got..

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I will probably order blur, hovers, orion belt, and pinstadium lights.. for my Woz RR. What else we got..

Fusion is the combination of Pin Stadiums with UV+Glow and Orion's Belt into one pair of light bars. Then I would go with Hovers so you don't have to remove the lights when raising the playfield, then get BLUR to diffuse the LEDs and you will be all set!

Summary:

Fusions
Hover Kit
BLUR

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

A partridge and a pear tree.

#4657 4 years ago

Will the blur work with the original light bars?

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Will the blur work with the original light bars?

Yes if you install the Hover conversion kit here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

#4659 4 years ago

Several have asked a kit Pin Stadiums on the Black Knight Sword of Rage. Pin Stadium’s LED lighting system works wonders on this machine and brings out that dark artwork alive!! Top seller for Pin Stadiums at the moment.

#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

...In your situation i would suggest moving it to another location until you find the right mix with OB.

I do understand, but this is not the issue I am facing. It is that I can not simply "turn it all off" other than disconnecting or unplugging the entire system.

It would make sense however in future revisions to implement full on/off app functionality for the UV, as well as brightness control, as there already is for the GI. This is what I am trying to say.

ps. By the way, When I was referring to channels, I was referring to the 2 separate circuits (GI and UV), not the mixing of colors within a circuit (RGB)

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The issue you are running into is that the upper flasher panel on BK LE right now is pretty much just throwing random colors from the factory and it needs time to develop further. The code is early and especially on the upper playfield. I’ve seen what you are talking about on my machine as I have been observing it.
OB has tons of logic but but BK doesn’t right now and if it didn’t you would have RGB on all the time which would be very unattractive. It’s hard to explain but OB is saving you from this and improving the experience as BK at certain times it is just flashing RGB on all at once with no color definition. Trust me you don’t want Red Green and Blue on all the time at the same time in those moments. It would be a huge eyesore. Also RGB on many Stern machines is there way to create white on a 3 circuit board but without a 4th circuit of true white like Pin Stadiums you will only get this simulated white with RGB. I’m going to think that the future code updates will not use this as “all on” as much and generate definitive colors for events. Which is what you want.
OB is defining it for you in those moments and is why you see what appears to be random changes.
I am extremely happy to have it in that location but it’s personal preference so the work around for you would be to just use one of the 3 triggers available from the upper playfield flasher panel connection like Red and have OB trigger Red for example.
I personally think the optimal location you have it now is the best in my opinion. However this suggestion above will give you another chance to try an alternative based upon what I understand about your preference.
After you trigger only one from the flasher pane, then move the others 2 to one of the pops (3 there) and there is even one in the center for BK mode, also one other too. If you go into Settings/Diag/Lamps/Flashers on the machine you can cycle through to see the other flashers still available.
Plus when you move it you will see better what I am talking about with the flasher pattern from Stern. I’m sure they will further that lighting coding in the future. They always do. I hope this helps but if you have more questions shoot me an email [email protected] or call me and I can explain this better.

So the OB has 4 channels, and one of the suggestions you gave to me once for checking a channel was to give it a 9v trigger across a set of channel leads. What happens if you connect 2 or more channels (each channel programmed a different color) together across the same leads, and then trigger them simultaneously across those leads? A resulting flash of a Random color that was assigned to one of those channels, right?
Now this is one possible behavior outcome for conflict resolution of multiple channels being triggered simultaneously (a race condition, or a random pick from the triggered channels, whatever this is).
All I was really suggesting were a couple more possibilities to consider for future development, in the area of this kind of conflict resolution.

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

I do understand, but this is not the issue I am facing. It is that I can not simply "turn it all off" other than disconnecting or unplugging the entire system.
It would make sense however in future revisions to implement full on/off app functionality for the UV, as well as brightness control, as there already is for the GI. This is what I am trying to say.
ps. By the way, When I was referring to channels, I was referring to the 2 separate circuits (GI and UV), not the mixing of colors within a circuit (RGB)

Yes I am on the same page with you and understand. I appreciate the suggestions and feedback as always. I continue to make notes on customer suggestions since they are the best kind

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

So the OB has 4 channels, and one of the suggestions you gave to me once for checking a channel was to give it a 9v trigger across a set of channel leads. What happens if you connect 2 or more channels (each channel programmed a different color) together across the same leads, and then trigger them simultaneously across those leads? A resulting flash of a Random color that was assigned to one of those channels, right?
Now this is one possible behavior outcome for conflict resolution of multiple channels being triggered simultaneously (a race condition, or a random pick from the triggered channels, whatever this is).
All I was really suggesting were a couple more possibilities to consider for future development, in the area of this kind of conflict resolution.

Yes if you are testing the lights to make sure they are working then you clip onto a 9v battery but this is just for diagnostic purposes if you think your lights are not working. But it sounds you are painting a scenario for your next point and suggestions, but I just wanted to clarify this for anyone else reading it.

If you connect 2 or more wires to the same flasher trigger then it will not work and the only way around it would be as you say a random program of sorts. Great suggestion and I will take note of that too!!

#4664 4 years ago
hover_pinball_bulbs_led_lighting_mods (resized).pnghover_pinball_bulbs_led_lighting_mods (resized).png
#4665 4 years ago

Have you posted actual photos of "Hover" in use? Sounds cool, but would like to see the fit-and-finish.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you posted actual photos of "Hover" in use? Sounds cool, but would like to see the fit-and-finish.

Yes there are a bunch of images of them in use on GOTG and Iron Man starting here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/92#post-5036848

#4667 4 years ago

Scott. I think the best photo you could post of hovers is if you installed them on a game with playfield rails, then pulled the playfield all the way out in locking position to show them better. Then take pictures all around.

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Scott. I think the best photo you could post of hovers is if you installed them on a game with playfield rails, then pulled the playfield all the way out in locking position to show them better. Then take pictures all around.

4F2F1CF7-4FD7-427E-9F9E-AFABF0C13492 (resized).jpeg4F2F1CF7-4FD7-427E-9F9E-AFABF0C13492 (resized).jpegD0575D56-2185-4607-ACCE-29C27D90EBF5 (resized).jpegD0575D56-2185-4607-ACCE-29C27D90EBF5 (resized).jpeg
#4669 4 years ago

Best picture of the hovers so far to date! Thank you for finally posting that!

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

No problem and you can move the one down my the flipper closer to the beginning of the light bar end for a very clean look. These were just pics of me experimenting with positioning during testing phases.

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Imagine now that you can move these into any position (for playfield object/toy location fitting when needed) and at minimum you need at least 2 on each side but the 3rd is recommended for extra support which creates a tightly sealed position which closes any potential light gap between the light bars and the side of the cabinet. The Hovers hold the Pin Stadium and Fusion light bars in the “exact” position it is now on your machine.

#4672 4 years ago

Can't wait!

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Can't wait!

I’m glad you are excited and you will be VERY pleased with the results. Hovers are the key to that factory look and feel. No more extra steps when raising the playfield!!

#4674 4 years ago

ACNC, Whirlwind, Munsters, Star Wars, The Shadow, Iron Man, JJP POTLE, and Bride of Pinbot recently shipped along with many of others just recently shipped. Fusions are spanning through decades of some really incredible machines. Super cool to see this!!!

#4675 4 years ago
led_pinball_machine_lights_mods (resized).pngled_pinball_machine_lights_mods (resized).png
#4676 4 years ago

Several new collectors that have just become aware of Pin Stadium products have asked which machines they are compatible with. Pin Stadiums were designed to work on any pinball machine.

When you place your order simply type in the name of your machine and we will know what specific kit you need. Compatibility: Our kits work on any standard pinball machine new or old. We have tested and fitted these extensively on Stern (SAM/Whitestar/Spike 1/Spike 2), Bally/Williams DMD, Data East, JJP, Gottlieb, Spooky, Sega, Chicago Gaming, System 11, System 6, American Pinball etc.

This kit is fully loaded and includes the UV+Glow Flasher and Invisi-Shields and comes complete with easy plug and play installation instructions (10-15 minutes), no tools, and easily transferable any pinball machine.

https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights/

pinstadium_altpng (resized).pngpinstadium_altpng (resized).png
#4677 4 years ago

Just out of curiosity, what are the differences in the kit based on machine type? I didn't notice anything different between kits for my ST and MMr. Is it just on the programming side? Are there actually any differences between the kits on the afore mentioned machines that I should have been aware of? I saw no indication of which was for which inside or outside the packing tubes.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Just out of curiosity, what are the differences in the kit based on machine type? I didn't notice anything different between kits for my ST and MMr. Is it just on the programming side? Are there actually any differences between the kits on the afore mentioned machines that I should have been aware of? I saw no indication of which was for which inside or outside the packing tubes.

They are all the same, but there are a few machines that are exceptions which need a special connection for flashers like WOZ and Alien. But really you don't "need" them I just provide them to make life easier for owners installing them. CGC machines need a service port adapter which I provide and JJP machines needs a 1ft power extension cable which I include now too if you specify these machines because the playfield rails sit right on top of the service port on most of the JJP machines. That's it!

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

CGC machines need a service port adapter which I provide and JJP machines needs a 1ft power extension cable which I include now too if you specify these machines because the playfield rails sit right on top of the service port on most of the JJP machines

I had to use a short extension in my Spike2 games for a similar reason because if you have upgraded speakers+LEDs, the normal wall-wort transformer you use no longer fits.

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had to use a short extension in my Spike2 games for a similar reason because if you have upgraded speakers+LEDs, the normal wall-wort transformer you use no longer fits.

That's good to know!! In general it is a little snug regardless not sure how much the speaker kit affects it.

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That's good to know!!

Yes I had the same issue .. I was able to get it closed but it was a very tight fit .. could use an extension.

#4683 4 years ago

Making some updates to the website and behind the scenes working on an updated versions of the app. Imagine that it is going to look like! Fusions now shipping and a recent order for one for Party Zone which goes to show how versatile and customizable they are for any generation of pinball machine. Here is the updated link for more information on the Fusions on the Pin Stadium website:

https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-fusion/

fusion_glow_led_pinball_lighting (resized).pngfusion_glow_led_pinball_lighting (resized).png
#4684 4 years ago

For more information on Hovers for your current Pin Stadium or Fusion lights click here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

You can convert any existing kit and going forward just use the future of mounting from Pin Stadium. Tapping into a 6-Pack of Hovers for your machine provides the best valet light bar lifting service in the world!
hover_pinball_mod_led_lights (resized).pnghover_pinball_mod_led_lights (resized).png

#4685 4 years ago

Here is a great pic of the Before and After results on a JJP Dialed In (DI) which is an extremely popular machine for Pin Stadiums. Even Jack from JJP loves them on this and his other machines too!!

jjp_dialied_in (resized).pngjjp_dialied_in (resized).png
#4686 4 years ago

Pin Stadium has partner with Pinquest https://www.playpinquest.com/ for some really cool things to come. Check them out and the out of this world experience they are developing!!

pinquest_pinstadium (resized).pngpinquest_pinstadium (resized).png
#4687 4 years ago

For those installing Fusions on Stern Star Trek here are the recommended settings from Martin from Head2head Pinball podcast:

"Streamed my star Trek last night with the Fusions and I just got to say how blown away I am. Yellow for the pops, green for the spinner and red/blue for the ramps. Looks amazing. "

--
Martin
http://www.head2headpinball.com/

head2head_2018_ob_interview (resized).pnghead2head_2018_ob_interview (resized).png
#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For more information on Hovers for your current Pin Stadium or Fusion lights click here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/
You can convert any existing kit and going forward just use the future of mounting from Pin Stadium. Tapping into a 6-Pack of Hovers for your machine provides the best valet light bar lifting service in the world!
[quoted image]

Is it $50 to convert 1 game? I hope I'm missing something...

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck to the rescue!

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nope, you ain't missing anything... $50 per set.

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Hover Kit comes complete with 6x Hovers for $49.95. This will convert an entire machine over to this new system. This will work for any Pin Stadium or Fusion but you will need to specify which lighting system you have as they are custom made for each of those depending on what you have.

#4692 4 years ago

Here is everything that is included and this video demonstrates their design, form, and function. This is how they provide flexible stealth factory mounting for any machine.

#4693 4 years ago
8599B89C-85C5-4B15-B4EA-3641840F4D3E (resized).png8599B89C-85C5-4B15-B4EA-3641840F4D3E (resized).png
#4694 4 years ago
96A025AE-4FD3-4715-A104-02174E52449E (resized).jpeg96A025AE-4FD3-4715-A104-02174E52449E (resized).jpeg
#4695 4 years ago

#star-trek-the-next-generation by Bally Williams benefits sooooooo much from the Pin Stadiums. I can't tell you how many collectors have ordered them for STTNG. Take a look at the "Before" and it says a thousand words. I will let you imagine the "After". Game changer for sure on this machine too.
sttng_pinbal_led_lights_bulbs_before (resized).jpgsttng_pinbal_led_lights_bulbs_before (resized).jpg

#4696 4 years ago

Making updates to the Pin Stadium shop to improve the checkout experience: https://pinstadium.com/shop/

led_pinball_lights_machine (resized).PNGled_pinball_lights_machine (resized).PNG
#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Making updates to the Pin Stadium shop to improve the checkout experience: https://pinstadium.com/shop/[quoted image]

Awesome. I'd taken to just googling "pinstadium" plus the product I wanted and just going from there. A site rework is a great step forward.

Just so everyone knows, Alice Cooper works just fine with Pinstadiums and UV+ glow, but I don't recommend Fusions or Orion's Belt for it for amateur installers. The flashers in this game are integrated into the regular GI, and the light plugs are hot glued to the boards by the manufacturer. Even if you know what you are doing, you have to order special connections on amazon.

I do however HIGHLY recommend regular Pinstadiums for this machine. I'll be posting a video later tonight hopefully. Thanks to RebelGuitars, I was able to tap into the GI behind Frankenstein and the UV flashers tap into the shaker motor easily.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Awesome. I'd taken to just googling "pinstadium" plus the product I wanted and just going from there. A site rework is a great step forward.
Just so everyone knows, Alice Cooper works just fine with Pinstadiums and UV+ glow, but I don't recommend Fusions or Orion's Belt for it for amateur installers. The flashers in this game are integrated into the regular GI, and the light plugs are hot glued to the boards by the manufacturer. Even if you know what you are doing, you have to order special connections on amazon.
I do however HIGHLY recommend regular Pinstadiums for this machine. Thanks I'll be posting a video later tonight hopefully. Thanks to RebelGuitars, I was able to tap into the GI behind Frankenstein and the UV flashers tap into the shaker motor easily.

Yes agreed the navigation on the website for the shopping cart was cumbersome for sure and now it's all accessible from the main shop home page. Can you post up some pics of the install for the GI and the shaker motor so that I can document this on the install section of the website?

Also regarding Fusions on ACNC, javagrind888 is correct as for some reason the Spooky wiring for the RGB flasher dome is literally hot glued where you would normally use the wire taps. I will post up the pics he sent to show you a clean option for tapping the those connections for Fusions. Thanks man!!

#4699 4 years ago

Here are the wires to tap for Fusions for ACNC and to properly tap them order these and you will have a very clean install that is easily removable if needed too should you ever sell the machine and want to keep the lights like most do! https://www.amazon.com/Lockitt-POSI-TAP-pack-connectors-20-22/dp/B001MPW54G

acnc_pinball_led_lights_bulbs_pinstadiums1 (resized).pngacnc_pinball_led_lights_bulbs_pinstadiums1 (resized).pngacnc_pinball_led_lights_bulbs_pinstadiums (resized).pngacnc_pinball_led_lights_bulbs_pinstadiums (resized).png
#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Nope, you ain't missing anything... $50 per set.

It's unfortunate. From my perspective, Hovers are the mounting mechanism that should have been there since "day 1". The magna mounts have given me grief since "day 1" of my Pinstadium adoption.

If I'm looking to add Pinstadiums with Hovers for a new machine, the cost goes from $300 => $350 (with shipping). And what do I do with the magna strips? Throw them in the garbage? Odd.

At $300 w/shipping, Pinstadiums are already a high-end mod. The Hover mechanism should be bundled with the product. If it were, I would expect a ~$20 price bump? $50 seems crazy high for an upgraded mount.

Assuming the Hover approach is universally superior to the magnets, why not simply "phase out" the magnets? I have Pinstadiums on 8 games and 3 of 8 had magnet issues (where the magnet wouldn't adhere to the cabinet and/or LED strip). Scott did an awesome job supporting my magnet issues, but it was still a hassle to wait, reinstall, etc.

Not trying to tell Scott how to configure/price his product (or bust his balls, but the current bundling/pricing doesn't sit well with me. I love Pinstadiums and just want what's best for both Scott and the community. At the end of the day, the market will speak I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.