(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,221 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by Bruce_Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 165.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yep you got it and you win my respect lol! Good find man.

Thanks, and sorry for the sooner than expected website reveal of Hover. Just had checked if they had been added to you website after work today and saw them available.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

How many hover stands does it take to support each light bar? Have you found it at all distracting with the stands partially covering art or mirror blades? Seems like the most stealthy install would be against bare black cabinet.

You can use one on each end as that will work and they blend nice and then the middle of for extra support(suggested) but you don’t have to. If not then you can move the 2 Hovers strategically as they were designed for this.

When 3D modeled them they were created to be crazy super versatile and need to be for these very reasons you mentioned. They are very slim and low profile, they raise and lower to any height. Also the top light bar clip pivots and locks to any angle.

They this means is that no matter when you mount them you will be able to get them flush (and I mean flush) like the Magna-Mounts.

Even the base has a sneaky little arch in it which allows you to creep them in locations where there are ramps or objects right next to the side of the cabinet wall.

I tried to think of everything and during many months of testing all I did was try to find a machine and location that could stump my design. Hence how many iterations I had which I counted over 60-75 designs on each section of then. A little overkill. It you will appreciate it and see exactly what I mean.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Thanks, and sorry for the sooner than expected website reveal of Hover. Just had checked if they had been added to you website after work today and saw them available.

Sorry your not sorry! Haha. Actually you were not the only one and I knew I made a mistake of publishing then when my order and shipping software started going crazy. Somehow knew you would be one of the first. That’s awesome and it cracked me up.

So much for all of the planning and launch timing. You guys were like “just get the darn things listed so we can get them”

#4554 4 years ago

A few had mentioned they could not find the Hovers to purchase. It was in the original post but a little buried. Here it is again:

Order here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

hover_diagram_tube_v5 (resized).pnghover_diagram_tube_v5 (resized).png
#4555 4 years ago

Got one set ordered tonight. Hope the lead time isn’t too long!!!

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It is only going to be 3-4 weeks but likely much sooner though. Also many have asked about the BLUR and that is to come once I get enough Hovers out there on machines then I will deploy the BLUR in perfect timing as I finalize those. So basically it’s going towards a good cause when you order the Hovers now as I have this scheduled out from a manufacturing standpoint since I’m a one man show. You guys can speed this up tremendously if you keep ordering these Hovers at the rate you are already. Don't be shy, lol!! Maybe I will start a BLUR meter that shows how many we need to reach our goal.

#4557 4 years ago

Oh sure...two days after I order a set you mother trucker...lol, I like the idea!

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Oh sure...two days after I order a set you mother trucker...lol, I like the idea!

So funny and not intentional by any means lol. When you read the Hover announcement post you will see it was all due to super excited customers that caught me posting up what should have been a "Draft" for the shopping cart. It went live for just a few minutes and then I had to keep it up after orders came in. Cracked me up and I said to myself that it was clearly a sign to go "Live" with them.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thank you for your order too!!

#4560 4 years ago

First in the queue, fellas! I was sitting at my kid’s soccer practice looking at about 10 tabs in safari and just happened to click on the tab with the pinstadium products page.

I told Scott that right before my eyes “9 items available” changed to 10 — I knew what that meant! I went right in and ordered 3 sets.

Of course I messed it up and had to email him with changes but Scott handled it in his usual customer-centric manner.

Looking forward to putting these on Houdini, WH20 and MMr. Thanks Scott.

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

First in the queue, fellas! I was sitting at my kid’s soccer practice looking at about 10 tabs in safari and just happened to click on the tab with the pinstadium products page.
I told Scott that right before my eyes “9 items available” changed to 10 — I knew what that meant! I went right in and ordered 3 sets.
Of course I messed it up and had to email him with changes but Scott handled it in his usual customer-centric manner.
Looking forward to putting these on Houdini, WH20 and MMr. Thanks Scott.

Thank this man for hovering over the Hovers Can't get anything past you apparently. Love it!!!

#4562 4 years ago

Hovers ordered! With this system, do the magnet strips stay on the back of the pin stadium light bars or do we have to remove them before we attach to the Hovers?

#4563 4 years ago

I just ordered the Hovers, and can't wait for Blur!

Apologies if I missed this, but are there details about how the Hovers are installed? Can the installation instructions be provided here, or on the web page?

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

You can use one on each end as that will work and they blend nice and then the middle of for extra support(suggested) but you don’t have to. If not then you can move the 2 Hovers strategically as they were designed for this....

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

That sounds really awesome. I'm already extremely impressed with your work. The build quality on these things are amazing. Everything is tight, clean, and obviously well thought out and refined. There is nothing half-assed about this AT ALL. From your top notch community engagement and support, to continuing to innovate, it's all to be highly commended. Not trying to be a kiss-ass, just giving credit where credit is due.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Hovers ordered! With this system, do the magnet strips stay on the back of the pin stadium light bars or do we have to remove them before we attach to the Hovers?

You don't need to remove them from the light bars, they can stay there just fine.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I just ordered the Hovers, and can't wait for Blur!
Apologies if I missed this, but are their details about how the Hovers are installed? Can the installation instructions be provided here, or on the web page?

Thank you for your order also and I will be posting up install instructions shortly by the time you have them they will be up. The base simply 3M's on the side of the playfield and then you just slide the top of the Hover's clip on the light bar and you are done!!!

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

That sounds really awesome. I'm already extremely impressed with your work. The build quality on these things are amazing. Everything is tight, clean, and obviously well thought out and refined. There is nothing half-assed about this AT ALL. From your top notch community engagement and support, to continuing to innovate, it's all to be highly commended. Not trying to be a kiss-ass, just giving credit where credit is due.

I am very appreciative of you saying all of that and it is good to know that the quality and support I provide are there to back the performance of the products. This is all that I do and am passionate about it. I want to do it the best I can so you all are pleased with them and maybe even a little more. I'm continually taking in all feedback to make more options, innovations, and solutions to work with the existing line of Pin Stadiums products. I feel it's the best thing to do so that you all can feel confident with your purchase and that it puts a smile on your face. That's what really matters and everyone has been so supporting beyond my expectations by far. Thank you again !!!!

#4568 4 years ago

Will hovers come as default with new stadiums or they will come with magnamounts and you buy hover separate ?

#4569 4 years ago

By default the Pin Stadiums will still come with the HD Magna-Mounts included as usual and then the Hovers will be available separately as an add-on. This way you have the option to get the Pin Stadiums at the normal price as they are now versus me building the Hover price into it automatically. I know that most everyone going forward will go with the Hovers, but I want to keep giving everyone as many options as possible.

#4570 4 years ago

Hovers ordered.

Had that issue described a few pages back with the Magna Mounts coming off the Pinblade decals on the inside of the cabinet.
Rather than getting new magna mounts, just decided to get the Hovers.

Star Trek is such a popular machine for the PinStadiums/Fusions, I am assuming it’ll be easy to figure out where to mount the Hovers.

Looking forward to getting them all hooked up!

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hovers ordered.
Had that issue described a few pages back with the Magna Mounts coming off the Pinblade decals on the inside of the cabinet.
Rather than getting new magna mounts, just decided to get the Hovers.
Star Trek is such a popular machine for the PinStadiums/Fusions, I am assuming it’ll be easy to figure out where to mount the Hovers.
Looking forward to getting them all hooked up!

Just saw your order come in and yes we could remount and clean that area so they will get a good bond. But now you are heading to the next level with the Hovers.

Also, yes there are tons of places to mount them on any machine and particularly ST!! Thanks for your order and I’m excited for you to get these in your hands.

I have had a few very excited customers ask for me to send their Hovers right away when they are ready which I will, but they are going out in the order received. I can’t jump the line

The line is getting rather large now but no worries I can handle it. Thanks again everyone for being so supportive.

If anyone is own the fence about Hovers, don’t be. You will never go back once you get them.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just saw your order come in and yes we could remount and clean that area so they will get a good bond. But now you are heading to the next level with the Hovers.
Also, yes there are tons of places to mount them on any machine and particularly ST!! Thanks for your order and I’m excited for you to get these in your hands.
I have had a few very excited customers ask for me to send their Hovers right away when they are ready which I will, but they are going out in the order received. I can’t jump the line
The line is getting rather large now but no worries I can handle it. Thanks again everyone for being so supportive.
If anyone is own the fence about Hovers, don’t be. You will never go back once you get them.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

I have one set left, and two games BKLE and MET Prem..the Met seems lit pretty well so thinking of doing BKLE...but now should I go hover? But then I need to wait

#4573 4 years ago

Do the magnet strips on the cabinet sides need to be removed to install hover?

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I have one set left, and two games BKLE and MET Prem..the Met seems lit pretty well so thinking of doing BKLE...but now should I go hover? But then I need to wait

That is a tough call as to which machine as they are both very impressive. But if we had to choose based upon G.I. illumination results the artwork on BKLE is much darker so I would go that direction and you have an upper playfield to light up too.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Do the magnet strips on the cabinet sides need to be removed to install hover?

I have tested them with the Magna-Mounts and it works but it’s much cleaner and less stress in the Hovers if you remove them. It’s super simple, you just apply a little heat with a hair dryer and they come right off.

Full disclosure I don’t use heat and simply peel them off without it just fine especially on newer Pingraffix artblades etc since they are very durable but older paper thin ones use heat.

But I’m brave it’s my machines and also have done it many many times during testing. However on an older machine where the Magna-Mounts are applied directly to the wood of the cabinet then you should use heat. Mirrors blades usually need a little bit of assistance and rubbing alcohol to clean up the adhesive but it’s easy.

Again you can try it with the mounts if you want to but just keep an eye out on the forces on the Hover. Whenever possible just remove them really.

#4576 4 years ago

OK, so I just installed Fusion on MMr(have no patience :p). Put main PS flasher on right castle as I've seen previously suggested and works great. Looking for advice on where to put the 4 OB flashers though. Here's what I have right now:

OB-1: Left Low(Catapult) = Yellow(ish)
OB-2: Left Ramp = Blue
OB-3: Right Ramp(Dragon) = Red
OB-4: Moat = Green

I have a couple of issues with this right now. The biggest one is the Left Ramp. I guess it is also included the attract mode, so the Blue flasher is going off all the time until playing the game. As far as I can tell, there's no other flasher associated with the Left Ramp, which is kind of a shame.

The other issue(?) is the Moat. It doesn't seem to get significant play from the OB, so I'm wondering if there is a better spot.

I really like the effects for the Lower Left(Catapult) and Right Ramp(Dragon), so wouldn't want to change those. If anybody has some good suggestions for the other two, or if there should be a way to not have the Left Ramp flasher trigger during attract mode, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Will post pics eventually. Still too bright in my game room right now for that.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

OK, so I just installed Fusion on MMr(have no patience :p). Put main PS flasher on right castle as I've seen previously suggested and works great. Looking for advice on where to put the 4 OB flashers though. Here's what I have right now:
OB-1: Left Low(Catapult) = Yellow(ish)
OB-2: Left Ramp = Blue
OB-3: Right Ramp(Dragon) = Red
OB-4: Moat = Green
I have a couple of issues with this right now. The biggest one is the Left Ramp. I guess it is also included the attract mode, so the Blue flasher is going off all the time until playing the game. As far as I can tell, there's no other flasher associated with the Left Ramp, which is kind of a shame.
The other issue(?) is the Moat. It doesn't seem to get significant play from the OB, so I'm wondering if there is a better spot.
I really like the effects for the Lower Left(Catapult) and Right Ramp(Dragon), so wouldn't want to change those. If anybody has some good suggestions for the other two, or if there should be a way to not have the Left Ramp flasher trigger during attract mode, I'm all ears.
Thanks!
Will post pics eventually. Still too bright in my game room right now for that.

Let's move the Left Ramp to the Shaker motor as that is always a great place and move the moat to the left or right castle flashers which is on the back of the machine on either side of the castle. Those are really good locations and go off during the castle blow up. Let me know how it goes and shoot me an email at [email protected]

#4578 4 years ago

Live now is FlipNout Pinball with a BUNCH of guess stars and Franchi is in chat too. Jump on now! They have a BKSOR LE with Pin Stadiums in action too.

https://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

bk_swl_stream_pinball_led (resized).pngbk_swl_stream_pinball_led (resized).png
#4579 4 years ago

So the biggest thing about the Hover's is it literally makes your Pin Stadiums feel like that factory feature. Pin Stadiums become "one" with the machine!!

pinball_led_lights_bulbs_hover (resized).pngpinball_led_lights_bulbs_hover (resized).png
#4580 4 years ago

For anyone that missed the stream check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435965335?t=01s

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For anyone that missed the stream check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435965335?t=01s

I just sent the official email blast out to all of the Pin Stadium customers. A few have asked me to ship them ahead of time if I can but they are all going to go out in the order received to keep it fair. So if you are on the fence about getting them, then today would be the day to order them as a lot of orders are coming in for them now that I sent the official announcements. Not as many track this thread as you would think lol!!

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

hover_packaging_pics_orion (resized).pnghover_packaging_pics_orion (resized).png
#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

So the secret is out apparently. Hovers are now available to order for Pin Stadiums and Fusions!!!
I was on the phone with a customer and mistakenly hit "Publish" as I was editing a "Draft" in the shopping cart. Then orders came in within minutes of my mistake (literally it was like 3 minutes). You guys are like hawks in a good way (you know who you are lol). So thanks to them they are now live!!!
Order will be shipped in the order received.
----
Unlock your Pin Stadiums and Fusions to the next level and make them magically "hover" above" the playfield with our new super easy to install mounting system.  Welcome to the future with this highly suggested customer dream feature that everyone has been waiting for.  This eliminates the need to remove the lights to raise and lower your playfield.  But even better these are designed to accept an entirely new line of Pin Stadium accessories and add-ons.    Feels like a factory option now!!!
*Please allow shipping time is 3-4 weeks or less.  
Note:  Comes fully assembled and only 5 minutes to install
----
Order here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The marketing is flashy and all.. but I must say, it makes shopping for the products incredibly difficult because things are so vague on the website.

For instance, your flyer above is nice and spells out what each hover kit actually includes.. but the actual store page does not. You have to flip through these half dozen render photos and stumble upon that one actually has the product details.... while the text of the page does not. Do you need one per kit, many... where can you see where it connects to your game and where it will be seen, etc. These are all things that hinder the shopper.

HD Magna Mounts... are these sold in a set, or per side? Are they the same as what I already have, or something new? You can't tell any of these things from your store. (yes I know the answer.. but talking about the generic shopper)

For orions belt you have a big promo of the features.. but doesn't even show the product installed so we can see what it really looks like or is. Is it a second strip outside of your existing pinstadium? These are the kinds of things customers can't tell because of all the over the top marketing vs showing them what they are buying.

Please consider being more clear with the final install and look.. and what the person who doesn't follow you closely sees/knows when shopping the site.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The marketing is flashy and all.. but I must say, it makes shopping for the products incredibly difficult because things are so vague on the website.
For instance, your flyer above is nice and spells out what each hover kit actually includes.. but the actual store page does not. You have to flip through these half dozen render photos and stumble upon that one actually has the product details.... while the text of the page does not. Do you need one per kit, many... where can you see where it connects to your game and where it will be seen, etc. These are all things that hinder the shopper.
HD Magna Mounts... are these sold in a set, or per side? Are they the same as what I already have, or something new? You can't tell any of these things from your store. (yes I know the answer.. but talking about the generic shopper)
For orions belt you have a big promo of the features.. but doesn't even show the product installed so we can see what it really looks like or is. Is it a second strip outside of your existing pinstadium? These are the kinds of things customers can't tell because of all the over the top marketing vs showing them what they are buying.
Please consider being more clear with the final install and look.. and what the person who doesn't follow you closely sees/knows when shopping the site.

This is the kind of feedback I appreciate and it makes total sense to do this. When I am in the inside looking out and then get these great suggestions it helps tremendously.

I agree it’s not safe to assume that everyone follows the posts and if all information was included on the website it would definitely make things a lot easier to make a decision to purchase.

I’m already making some updates as we speak and have made some since I read this post thank you.

I’m working on a video now that will show specific features/engineering design of the Hovers along with how they work.

To answer your questions:

The Hover item on the website includes 6x Hovers for each pinball machine
The Magna-Mounts are sold in pairs
Orion's Belt is a separate set of light bars that mounts just under the Pin Stadiums and they provide 4x Wifi controllable flashers

Thanks!!

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Let's move the Left Ramp to the Shaker motor as that is always a great place and move the moat to the left or right castle flashers which is on the back of the machine on either side of the castle. Those are really good locations and go off during the castle blow up. Let me know how it goes and shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks for the tip. Left Ramp went to Shaker and Moat went to Left Castle, since UV was already going to Right Castle. Definitely and improvement, or at the very least not having flasher go off during attract mode anymore. TBH, I feel the OB gets a little lost in the Shaker and Left Castle, only because the Fusion does such a great job of enhancing events already.

I absolutely love the effect of Red OB flasher on the right ramp. It just feels like the dragon is breathing fire. I feel like Yellow/Gold was a good choice for the Catapult. It's really awesome when it fires. I miss not having a dedicated flasher for the Left Ramp. With everything else that goes on, nothing happens when making that shot and it just kind of feels empty. I could say the same for the Jets. There's no flasher tied to them, unlike Star Trek, which produces a really cool effect. Would it somehow be possible to tie an OB flasher to the Jets at all?

Of course, this is in no way the fault of Pin Stadium, just how the game is designed.

I knew I was going to enjoy the Fusion in MMr after seeing it in my ST, but even so, a bit unprepared for how blown away(again) I am. Almost embarrassed to admit the amount of time I've just stood there turning the lights on/off. To say it is night and day is a little on the nose. There is NO WAY I could ever go back to regular lighting on these machines.

Maybe it's not as big a deal for those who have more direct lighting on their machines, but my "game room" is pretty dark, which I like, so this has allowed me to see my machines in a whole new light.(*groan* pun intended :p)

#4585 4 years ago

Okay here you go more details on the features of the Hover, how they mount, and what they do exactly. Also demonstrates the engineering that I put into them to make them work on any machine. Here is the link to order them: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

#4586 4 years ago

I am following this MMr OB implementation with great interest.. I still have an OB in its tube, trying to figure out what game to put it on.. MMr, AFMr, MBr, or Hobbit..

#4587 4 years ago

Scott, As much as I enjoy the lights, I do also enjoy the feature (great thought, by the way) to turn OFF the PS or OB at times. Its bugging me greatly however that there seems to be no way to turn off the PS Flasher channel? (would also be nice to turn down the flash as well).
Is this something that could be done in the future? or even some kind of update for the existing hardware?

#4588 4 years ago

Also, one more thing.. Love the OB enhancements, but one more thing that is really bugging me about it that BKSOR really brings to light - the race condition that seems to exist in determining behavior for multiple simultaneous flashers. I suppose it could be okay for some things, but it would be even cooler if it could be specified one of three behaviors:
1-standard race condition
2-predetermined order of precidence
3-RGB color mix by formula (or even "virtual preset", if formula is too difficult). Perhaps some user tweaking could be done here?

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay here you go more details on the features of the Hover, how they mount, and what they do exactly. Also demonstrates the engineering that I put into them to make them work on any machine. Here is the link to order them: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

still not exactly clear how the bottom attaches... which is where we need to understand to know where it can go on our games and decide how much confidence we'd have in the mount.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Scott, As much as I enjoy the lights, I do also enjoy the feature (great thought, by the way) to turn OFF the PS or OB at times. Its bugging me greatly however that there seems to be no way to turn off the PS Flasher channel? (would also be nice to turn down the flash as well).
Is this something that could be done in the future? or even some kind of update for the existing hardware?

The UV+Glow flashers are controlled by the pinball machine and that’s inherent in the design of the Pin Stadiums. The Orion’s Belt is the next generation level the furthers that extends this capability to the app with the multiple colors and triggers. The flashers are driven by the pinball machine and the brightness is determined by how the machine pulses them.

The general rule is that if the pulse is short and fast then the characteristic behavior of the LED is to load fast and then fade quickly thus resulting in a bright flash. In the scenario that the pulse is slow then the effect is more of a softer glow. Different machines pulse differently and inside of those machines each flasher is controlled uniquely too.

I always suggest moving it around to one that you feel is appropriate for your tastes. Most find after a couple days of installing the Pin Stadiums they get acclimated to the brightness of the UV+Glow too.

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Also, one more thing.. Love the OB enhancements, but one more thing that is really bugging me about it that BKSOR really brings to light - the race condition that seems to exist in determining behavior for multiple simultaneous flashers. I suppose it could be okay for some things, but it would be even cooler if it could be specified one of three behaviors:
1-standard race condition
2-predetermined order of precidence
3-RGB color mix by formula (or even "virtual preset", if formula is too difficult). Perhaps some user tweaking could be done here?

There is a lot of coding that was put into the Orion’s Belt (built into the Fusion too) that takes into consideration an advance sequencing system in order to eliminate bleeding of colors which was something I ran into during the early development of the Orion’s Belt before was released to the public. In fact this is why it took so long..

Basically it’s a matter of 2 or more triggers firing at the same time a certain band of of colors. So for example a red and green fires it creates quite an eye sore that is undesirable. Which then falls into sequencing too. So if you have multiple events (flashers) that trigger back to back then you will get some very unfortunate merging of colors that will ruin the colors of the artwork during game play.

So the way I have the Orion’s Belt programmed it gives you clean and crispy event definition along with full spectrum non blended color (which you don’t want by any means possible). It’s super complicated but the short of it is if I did it any other way then you would be very unhappy with what would have occurred at all times and you wouldn’t know what shot you hit and what flasher was doing what. It would be very confusing.

The software coding I did tightens up the experience to give a clean factory effect with brilliant colors while retaining factory definable events.

What you are running into can be resolved with changing the colors of the OB flashers to coincide with what you feel is appealing. I imagine that you are seeing a Red fire at the same time the UV+Glow goes off which is a perfect example of why it is important to be able to program the flashers on Orion’s Belt to a coordinating color through the app.

I would suggest changing the Red to a Blue, purple, or white which all are very complimentary colors to the UV+Glow light frequency spectrum.

An alternative would be to move the UV+Glow trigger to another location if you are happy with the other colors.

When in doubt as to what color you should choose, the Diamond White is “always” a safe bet with positively impressive results

A specific note about the BKSOR flasher panels On the upper playfield that you are triggering from. It appears as though there needs to be some improvement with the way those are sequenced through code for the lighting m. Right now they do exactly what I was talking about when certain colors fire together they are not sequenced properly and I think that with code this will be corrected in improved. Watch it closely and you will see some random colors during together.

The upper playfield coding on BKSOR in early stages and apparently the light show at certain times is in its infancy stage from the factory too. I am sure this will be corrected but in the meantime the good news is you have the power to do this with the Pin Stadium app and the flashers from the Orion‘s Belt but it may take a little bit more time and experimentation on your end.

It’s a bit of an art form and this is why I would appreciate if you post up what your results are and where you ended up going with this is this may help others. I will continue to do the same here.

I think if you just change the red flasher to a white blue or purple you will be a much happier camper in those moments that may not seem right to you. Because I have the machine and saw this occur.

You have a lot of power and flexibility in your hands but with great power comes great responsibility right? Lol

Keep me posted and I hope this explanation helps.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

still not exactly clear how the bottom attaches... which is where we need to understand to know where it can go on our games and decide how much confidence we'd have in the mount.

As far as what method is used to mount it:

At the base of the Hovers is high quality extra bond 3M (the grey kind with red backing. The good stuff that will hold a 5lbs weight to the outside of a brick wall

In regards to the location:

If you take a look at the sides of any playfield on any pinball machine you will see a that there is a 1/2” raised wood channel running from the front to back down the length of the playfield. It sits right next to the vertical sidewall. In many cases they will mount on top of the plastic of it sits on the wood. No problem at all and that is where the vertical telescoping feature lets you dial them in. And if for any reason you need to move up down the length of the side of the machine the repositionable swivel looking light bar clip will let you do it wherever you like.

This so where you will deploy the Hovers at your discretion depending on any ramps, toys or playfield objects. The general rule is one in the front at the end of the Pin Stadium it Fusion light bars (Mount theM 1/4” in the from the end to be safe) and the same on the back about 1/4” from where the ribbon cables meet the light bar. If something is there and seems in the way it usually is because the hovers will fit in very nicely in the tightest spots that you wouldn’t even imagine.

Even the base of them has a radiused section that allows you to slip them in very tight spots. Even when a ramp is right next to the cabinet walk they fit.

Then somewhere in between those two I recommend installing the 3rd Hover for added support. These things are built like tanks but slither in the darkest of places.

I promise to continue to post up videos and pictures as they become available to help everyone. By the time these ship there will be full instructions updated on the website also. Very easy to follow and simple to do with virtually no skills or experience required. Just peel off the adhesive backing and mount, done!!

#4593 4 years ago

Here is a zoomed in pic of one on GOTG I posted earlier but this is a close up as it’s hard to see otherwise. This is a great example of a plastic sitting on top of the wood too.
AF1A8F5E-3E63-4323-8C33-01794CBF8916 (resized).jpegAF1A8F5E-3E63-4323-8C33-01794CBF8916 (resized).jpegD9C0B82F-FED2-4CA7-BEA1-72762639CC24 (resized).jpegD9C0B82F-FED2-4CA7-BEA1-72762639CC24 (resized).jpeg

#4594 4 years ago

How about a pic where it’s attached on the bottom? Might be easy to get them from Iron Man.

#4595 4 years ago

If you take a close look on the last video I posted with the CAD design and animation, take a look at the very bottom of the base and you will see that “sneak in” arch I built into it. That allows you to safely slide it into places you would never have imagined possible. Start peaking around your playfield and you will see what I mean. If you say to yourself “This is so tight there is no way it will fit” then just know that this arch lets you do it.

This was the most challenging and difficult puzzle for me to decode. Hence the time it took to release. But it’s ready and firing on all cylinders promise.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about a pic where it’s attached on the bottom? Might be easy to get them from Iron Man.

Yes good call you saw them in person for yourself that’s right. I went down and snapped a pic so you guys can see.

E96DAA05-06FF-4C01-9BB7-6116B1B8C4B1 (resized).jpegE96DAA05-06FF-4C01-9BB7-6116B1B8C4B1 (resized).jpeg
#4597 4 years ago

Here is another angle also

19B74749-78D1-4125-9E68-C4907EE20BFC (resized).jpeg19B74749-78D1-4125-9E68-C4907EE20BFC (resized).jpeg
#4598 4 years ago

Even better look I’m the back of Iron Man on the right side ramp. This is one of those perfect examples of how tight of areas the Hovers can be mounted.

5BCC08F9-DA5C-46C2-B83D-2171BF911D03 (resized).jpeg5BCC08F9-DA5C-46C2-B83D-2171BF911D03 (resized).jpeg
#4599 4 years ago

Player’s perspective view (this is the most important view haha)

0A71040D-F25D-4DAA-9E8B-EAA373AAB902 (resized).jpeg0A71040D-F25D-4DAA-9E8B-EAA373AAB902 (resized).jpeg
#4600 4 years ago

While we are at it let’s just document this whole thing now Here is one of the most important built in features benefits of the Hover. The accessories add-on port is where the green arrow is pointing. Many things can go there in the future and to start we all know what’s next.

Unlocking a whole new world of expansion products right here. Weight distribution is no longer a limitation if you know what I mean. This is huge!! This alone is worth its weight in gold.

D3ABE385-FEA4-4070-92DA-9DEA769817A5 (resized).jpegD3ABE385-FEA4-4070-92DA-9DEA769817A5 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/92?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.