(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 165.
#4501 4 years ago

I love the streaming lights and may have missed it... but when can we expect these to be available for purchase?
I am looking forward to having better lighting for my streams!
-Jim

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I love the streaming lights and may have missed it... but when can we expect these to be available for purchase?
I am looking forward to having better lighting for my streams!
-Jim

Hey great to see you here!!! That's awesome that you got to check out the DeadFlip streams with the Pin Stadiums. They should be available by Pinburgh.

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I can certainly attest to this! A few months ago I purchased a set for my Star Trek but after seeing pics of the "Candy Stripes" I had second thoughts about installing them, to me personally it was something I just couldn't "unsee" so I emailed Scott and he told me about the Blur was in the process and if I waited he would help out with the cost of adding them, but me being me I didn't want to wait so Scott true to his word took the Pinstadiums back and credited my account no questions asked. I have nothing but admiration for this company as they stand behind their product 100% When the Blur is finally released you can bet I will be back to purchase not one set but probably 4, you can count on it!
Thanks Scott for being a true asset to the pinball community!

Thank for that and I appreciate you posting up that great comment. iI ran report recently and out of several thousand kits sold, less then 5 returns and half of those ended up as customers with the new features/functions. Pretty cool!!

I bet you will be one of the first to order them for sure it sounds. The Hovers will have a special section on designed to hold a whole new line of accessory add-ons for the Pin Stadiums and Fusions including BLUR. Let's see Bending Light Unified Ray system Thank you all for the awesome support and there many more great things to come!!
blur_announcement (resized).pngblur_announcement (resized).png

#4504 4 years ago

Lining up the army for the front lines!!

EB1BEBCA-B9EE-451B-979F-23C337535C45 (resized).jpegEB1BEBCA-B9EE-451B-979F-23C337535C45 (resized).jpeg
#4505 4 years ago

No link to buy hover yet? I just checked the accessories page.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

No link to buy hover yet? I just checked the accessories page.

Not yet but close. I will post here when they go live.

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes, I just installed the Fusions on BKSOR LE Friday for the SDTM/Pin Stadium stream today (link listed at the end of this post). I triggered the flashers from the 4 pin connector from the factory flasher panels on the upper playfield. These are Stern's RGB panels on the left and right of the upper playfield. Simply traced them down and then use the wire taps there. I connected and dial in the Fusion flashers to the matching colors so that you get synchronous color blasts as the factory intended. This means when red fires, red fires on the Fusion, blue fires, etc. Absolutely insane the light show!!

Sounds really neat, I'll look for those! What about the best location to tap in for:
1- GI?
2- UV Flashers?

Thanks!

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Sounds really neat, I'll look for those! What about the best location to tap in for:
1- GI?
2- UV Flashers?
Thanks!

This should help!

64E80D96-3720-43F3-B59F-BF8F1C05C53F (resized).jpeg64E80D96-3720-43F3-B59F-BF8F1C05C53F (resized).jpeg7FFC4DF6-843E-458C-AC6D-3133DC8A3F54 (resized).jpeg7FFC4DF6-843E-458C-AC6D-3133DC8A3F54 (resized).jpegAB0408FC-964F-4247-8FA9-3229EA70E52D (resized).jpegAB0408FC-964F-4247-8FA9-3229EA70E52D (resized).jpeg
#4509 4 years ago

Hi Guys:

Can Pinstadium lights be used successfully on pins with mirror blades or will the lights reflect in the mirror blades too much?

Thanks, so much....

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Can Pinstadium lights be used successfully on pins with mirror blades or will the lights reflect in the mirror blades too much?
Thanks, so much....

Yes they will mount perfect on there and they do not cause any reflections at all. Works great!!

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Thanks, so much....

My AMFRLE with mirror blades look great with the pinstadium lights.

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

My AMFRLE with mirror blades look great with the pinstadium lights.

Yes the Pin Stadiums lights were designed to be compatible with mirror blades so that you don't see the lights or any reflections.

#4513 4 years ago

This has been discussed a few times but just wanted to clarify as it is a common question for most new to the Pin Stadium line of products. The Fusions are the merging of the Pin Stadiums with UV+Glow and the Orions Belt (Wifi controllable flashers) built into a sleek factory look light bar. It gives you tremendous results with unheard of flexibility for the light show by being able to adjust the color and brightness for each of the additional 4 flashers. By far the ultimate light show if you have seen these in action at any of the shows.
packaging_front_fusion (resized).pngpackaging_front_fusion (resized).png

orions_belt_cartoon4 (resized).pngorions_belt_cartoon4 (resized).pngpinstadium_rise (resized).pngpinstadium_rise (resized).png
#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Thanks, so much....

I just installed them on my ST:Pro with mirror blades. I provided pics back in post #4488. No issues with playfield clearance of the magna-mounts.

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I just installed them on my ST:Pro with mirror blades. I provided pics back in post #4488. No issues with playfield clearance of the magna-mounts.

Great thanks for posting this up and letting others know that it's all good!!

#4516 4 years ago

Pin Stadiums in their initial design years ago were built to be compatible with all mirror and art blades!!

#4517 4 years ago

Finally had time to make a video. We decided to put the Orions Belt my wife won in the South Park after all. No regrets! It looks sweet.

#4518 4 years ago

Wow, an already great looking SP to begin with, now even better with Pin Stadium!

#4519 4 years ago

With all this talk about Blur and Hover, I admittedly don't know much about them or how they work. Kind of feel like maybe I jumped the gun on the Fusion, if a better alternative(mounting system?) is around the corner. Are the Hovers an upgrade(or can be) to existing setups? What about Blur? Will it work as a add-on for Fusion, or will it require the new Hovers?

I haven't installed the Fusion in my MMR yet, because I needed a special adapter(Thanks Scott!), and I'm wondering if I should just hold off if Hover is imminent. I wouldn't want to risk damaging the art blades I just put in by eventually having to remove the magnetic mount adhesive.

What do you think Scott? I'm all in on these things, and just want to make sure I have the best mounting option and future proofing.

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Will it work as a add-on for Fusion, or will it require the new Hovers?

If you currently have fusions, hovers and blur will be able to be added to them. However, if I remember what Scott said, blur needs hover.

Blur gets rid of the candy cane striping.

Hover eliminates the need for the magna mounts on the side of the cabinet, and you can leave the lights attached when you lift the playfield to work on the game.

#4521 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! I want them both.

Anyone think that there's risk to damage vinyl art side blades when later removing the adhesive magna mounts? I don't want my impatience to get the better of me, cause I'm dying to get these put in my MMR, but if the wait for hovers is going to be awhile, I may not be able to help myself.

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Thanks for the info! I want them both.
Anyone think that there's risk to damage vinyl art side blades when later removing the adhesive magna mounts? I don't want my impatience to get the better of me, cause I'm dying to get these put in my MMR, but if the wait for hovers is going to be awhile, I may not be able to help myself.

I recommend using a heat gun and take off slowly. Some of these side art blades are pretty high quality vinyl and should be fine.

#4523 4 years ago

So many new names and products it makes your head spin. I suggest once these products come out, you list a summary on page 1 explaining what's now available. If I'm Scott, I can't get these blurs out fast enough as I feel like they will be a game changer excited to see. Hover would be my second.

#4524 4 years ago

I have 2 sets I haven't installed yet while I wait for Hover as well. Same story as you, I don't see the point of putting the magna mount on my side blades just to remove them again.

I will have to remove them from WOZ, but my JD and SS are waiting for Hover.

#4525 4 years ago

I was pretty impressed with the hover that he had setup on Iron Man. They sit flush with the side of the cabinet seemingly, and raise up no problem with the apron resting on the backbox and the hovers fit perfectly. No more light bars falling all over the place while you work on the game.

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have 2 sets I haven't installed yet while I wait for Hover as well. Same story as you, I don't see the point of putting the magna mount on my side blades just to remove them again.
I will have to remove them from WOZ, but my JD and SS are waiting for Hover.

Ditto

#4527 4 years ago

I'm less worried about removing them from the mirror blades on my ST. Maybe I'm wrong for assuming that, but I feel like it would be an easier pull. Tip about using a heat gun is good regardless. Glad I have one.

Honestly, I don't think that the current magna mount is that much of a pain to deal with. It's not like I'm going under the hood a ton. But I get the appeal of it, and if it makes adding future stuff or other general mods easier, then why not.

I'm interested to see just how the Blur looks when added. The "candy striping" doesn't really bother me, but without seeing the difference between the two, it may very well be a big deal.

I just think it's cool that the product continues to evolve and improve.

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I'm less worried about removing them from the mirror blades on my ST. Maybe I'm wrong for assuming that, but I feel like it would be an easier pull. Tip about using a heat gun is good regardless. Glad I have one.
Honestly, I don't think that the current magna mount is that much of a pain to deal with. It's not like I'm going under the hood a ton. But I get the appeal of it, and if it makes adding future stuff or other general mods easier, then why not.
I'm interested to see just how the Blur looks when added. The "candy striping" doesn't really bother me, but without seeing the difference between the two, it may very well be a big deal.
I just think it's cool that the product continues to evolve and improve.

That and the fact the guy does an incredible job with customer service.

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That and the fact the guy does an incredible job with customer service.

Amen to that!

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Finally had time to make a video. We decided to put the Orions Belt my wife won in the South Park after all. No regrets! It looks sweet.

That looks really sweet!!! I believe too that this is just the Orion’s Belt stand alone correct?

#4531 4 years ago

Fellas, there is no need for a heat gun to remove magna-mounts from mirror blades or pinblades. I’ve done both. They come off pretty easy. On pinblades, make sure you pull more up than straight out, as you don’t want to pull the pinblades away from the cabinet. I hope that helps.

#4532 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That looks really sweet!!! I believe too that this is just the Orion’s Belt stand alone correct?

It has the oldest Pinstadiums with uv glow installed as well.

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It has the oldest Pinstadiums with uv glow installed as well.

Okay l I wasn’t sure and thanks for clarifying. Congrats on your win!!

#4534 4 years ago

Thank you sir!

My wife let me know that the South Park is HER machine and it's never going anywhere. Therefore, I have to dress it up as much as possible. Next up, it's getting the new topper from TiltTopper https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fsouth-park-pinball-topper&page=2

Someday I may get the nerve to replace the cabinet art and remove the security bar holder, but probably not. For now I'll stick with adding toys.

#4535 4 years ago

Hover just ordered! When is Blur going to be available?

#4536 4 years ago

So the secret is out apparently. Hovers are now available to order for Pin Stadiums and Fusions!!!

I was on the phone with a customer and mistakenly hit "Publish" as I was editing a "Draft" in the shopping cart. Then orders came in within minutes of my mistake (literally it was like 3 minutes). You guys are like hawks in a good way (you know who you are lol). So thanks to them they are now live!!!

Order will be shipped in the order received.

----

Unlock your Pin Stadiums and Fusions to the next level and make them magically "hover" above" the playfield with our new super easy to install mounting system.  Welcome to the future with this highly suggested customer dream feature that everyone has been waiting for.  This eliminates the need to remove the lights to raise and lower your playfield.  But even better these are designed to accept an entirely new line of Pin Stadium accessories and add-ons.    Feels like a factory option now!!!
*Please allow shipping time is 3-4 weeks or less.  

Note:  Comes fully assembled and only 5 minutes to install

----

Order here: https://pinstadium.com/product/hover/

hover_pinball_led_lights_mounting (resized).pnghover_pinball_led_lights_mounting (resized).pnghover_pinball_lights_led_mounts (resized).pnghover_pinball_lights_led_mounts (resized).pngpinball_lights_led_bulbs_hover (resized).pngpinball_lights_led_bulbs_hover (resized).png

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes, I just installed the Fusions on BKSOR LE Friday for the SDTM/Pin Stadium stream today (link listed at the end of this post). I triggered the flashers from the 4 pin connector from the factory flasher panels on the upper playfield. These are Stern's RGB panels on the left and right of the upper playfield. Simply traced them down and then use the wire taps there. I connected and dial in the Fusion flashers to the matching colors so that you get synchronous color blasts as the factory intended. This means when red fires, red fires on the Fusion, blue fires, etc.

Hey Scott, I'm trying to get this part set up now, and I wanted to check something before I do this- It appears the RGB panels have 4 wires coming from them. there is Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. I assume that likely for each light, there is a power lead (R/G/B wires) and that they then share a common ground lead (Yellow?) This would imply to me that the taps for Red channel for example would be Red and Yellow wires, the taps for the Blue channel would be the Blue and (the same)Yellow wire, and the taps for the Green channel would be the Green and (the same)Yellow wire?
BUT- I seem to recall you saying before that if you directly connected/shorted the flasher tapping cables on a channel, it could blow out the pinstadium circuit board (?). If so, Then it sounds to me like using a common ground for several flashers could be risky? I'm a bit confused on this and wanted to get some clarification before I finish the install.

Thanks!

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Hey Scott, I'm trying to get this part set up now, and I wanted to check something before I do this- It appears the RGB panels have 4 wires coming from them. there is Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. I assume that likely for each light, there is a power lead (R/G/B wires) and that they then share a common ground lead (Yellow?) This would imply to me that the taps for Red channel for example would be Red and Yellow wires, the taps for the Blue channel would be the Blue and (the same)Yellow wire, and the taps for the Green channel would be the Green and (the same)Yellow wire?
BUT- I seem to recall you saying before that if you directly connected/shorted the flasher tapping cables on a channel, it could blow out the pinstadium circuit board (?). If so, Then it sounds to me like using a common ground for several flashers could be risky? I'm a bit confused on this and wanted to get some clarification before I finish the install.
Thanks!

Let me get a pic for you and post it up here as it's simple with a picture. I will go snap a pic real quick.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Thanks!

Okay here you go. Red to Red, Green to Green, Blue to Blue, and “all” of them to the same ground: Yellow. It’s quite the light show and can’t wait for you to see it!

99C60D35-38D7-4083-8576-E24C69534380 (resized).jpeg99C60D35-38D7-4083-8576-E24C69534380 (resized).jpeg
#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Fellas, there is no need for a heat gun to remove magna-mounts from mirror blades or pinblades. I’ve done both. They come off pretty easy. On pinblades, make sure you pull more up than straight out, as you don’t want to pull the pinblades away from the cabinet. I hope that helps.

Good to know, thanks!

Welp, just ordered the Hovers for my Fusions. Hopefully they don't take too long to show up.

P.S. Any chance of some pics of them in action?

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Good to know, thanks!
Welp, just ordered the Hovers for my Fusions. Hopefully they don't take too long to show up.

Thank you for your order, very much appreciated. It's getting crazy over here and am glad you guys are all excited. I will get pics up soon!

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hover just ordered! When is Blur going to be available?

Thank you for your order!! Working on Blur now as we speak but don’t have the definite release date.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Good to know, thanks!

See if you can find the Hover in this pic. They are rather stealthy Any guesses?

35767139-09C2-40A0-8D31-22531F1B1A17 (resized).jpeg35767139-09C2-40A0-8D31-22531F1B1A17 (resized).jpeg
#4544 4 years ago

What did I win?
E75B598B-5B9B-481E-B481-9572F1DCDDE1 (resized).jpegE75B598B-5B9B-481E-B481-9572F1DCDDE1 (resized).jpeg

#4545 4 years ago

Will Blur require hover? That is the most intriguing to me. Hover is great but since I already have them mounted not worth the extra for now

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Will Blur require hover? That is the most intriguing to me. Hover is great but since I already have them mounted not worth the extra for now

I believe blur will require hover.

#4547 4 years ago

Seeing the reflections is probably my one knock on them...so would love the blur. Its just hurting my pocketbook LOL

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Thanks!

With the last flasher on the Fusion I triggered it from the shaker motor and used the Diamond White flasher for that. Super cool effect there also.

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What did I win?
[quoted image]

Yep you got it and you win my respect lol! Good find man.

#4550 4 years ago

How many hover stands does it take to support each light bar? Have you found it at all distracting with the stands partially covering art or mirror blades? Seems like the most stealthy install would be against bare black cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.