(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 165.
#4301 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Has anyone made a video with Iron Maiden and Orion's Belt or Fusions yet? I'm curious what it looks like.
My wife can't decide if she wants them on her South Park or Maiden.

Having seen OB on Maiden its a No brainer for that title!! Nothing against SP but the lighting effect is Way more bang for your buck with IM! She will not be disappointed which will make your life happier! lol

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Having seen OB on Maiden its a No brainer for that title!! Nothing against SP but the lighting effect is Way more bang for your buck with IM! She will not be disappointed which will make your life happier! lol

She won the OB from the SDTM drawing with a pic of her SP and it's her favorite game, but we're not certain it can utilize the flashers as well as the IM. Is it possible to try it in both machines and decide before applying them (stickying them) to our existing pinstadiums? The order form asks which game it's for so I don't know if there's specific hardware for each machine...

#4303 4 years ago

She won the OB from the SDTM drawing with a pic of her SP and it's her favorite game, but we're not certain it can utilize the flashers as well as the IM. Is it possible to try it in both machines and decide before applying them (stickying them) to our existing pinstadiums? The order form asks which game it's for so I don't know if there's specific hardware for each machine...

I would let Scott confirm but with his new design they are fairly interchangeable within the same brand OEM machines. So other then a temp setup time I see no reason you couldn't try it on both to see which you (she) likes better.

#4304 4 years ago

Congrats to your wife for winning the Orion's Belts and even more so for supporting SDTM!!

I have not personally seen Fusions in South Park yet but I am sure they will look really good on that machine, however I can speak for Iron Maiden as I have them personally on mine and it's super impressive. Re-applying them is not recommended as the bond is only secure on the first mounting but if you like you can get an extra set of Magna-Mounts and try them on both machines that way. Here is the link: https://pinstadium.com/product/hd-magna-mounts/

I hope this helps you out!

#4305 4 years ago

Cool, thanks! I'll show her this and let her decide what she wants to do.

If anyone can show a gameplay video with IM with the OB or Fusion installed that would be great.

We both love STDM. She's team Zach and I'm team Greg.

#4306 4 years ago

If anyone can show a gameplay video with IM with the OB or Fusion installed that would be great.

No problem!! Here is a video of Orion's Belt in Action on Iron Maiden (IMDN):

Oh and I can't be anything other than team Zach & Greg lol!

#4307 4 years ago

That's like a teaser trailer. A gameplay video would be more helpful.

#4308 4 years ago

Another question on Orion's Belt. Does it install underneath the regular pinstadium lights or does it attach to the same strip? Will it cover more of the side art blade? (this also helps decide which machine it's going in).
Thanks

#4309 4 years ago

That's like a teaser trailer. A gameplay video would be more helpful.

Shoot me an email and I can sent you pics from my phone that I used for the video so that you can see it in action. I need to get some more footage of Orion's Belt in action for sure which basically is Fusion since Fusion is the Pin Stadiums and Fusion combined. I saw your order come in and will add the extra set of Magna-Mounts that you ordered too.

#4310 4 years ago

Another question on Orion's Belt. Does it install underneath the regular pinstadium lights or does it attach to the same strip? Will it cover more of the side art blade? (this also helps decide which machine it's going in).
Thanks

It will install just underneath the Pin Stadiums and is a small form factory so it does not visually take up much artwork space. The Fusions have Orion's built into the same light bars as the Pin Stadium so it definitely is even cleaner and factory looking.

#4311 4 years ago

The SDTM new Season 3 just came out everyone and it is really worth checking out:

#4312 4 years ago

Added some stadiums to a few more pins!

5591C008-9A64-4D2C-A4ED-4D383ECE73AF (resized).jpeg5591C008-9A64-4D2C-A4ED-4D383ECE73AF (resized).jpegE2609DE2-9124-4A88-BDF4-771E45E15A2B (resized).jpegE2609DE2-9124-4A88-BDF4-771E45E15A2B (resized).jpeg
#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Added some stadiums to a few more pins!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You are non-stop with the Pin Stadiums and I think you have ordered 2 sets on a weekly basis for some time now. I really appreciate your support and glad to hear that they are performing really well out on route for you.

I’m sure you have the one of the nicest lit machines out in route!! Smart move and thanks for posting and sharing as always. ROI and happy returning patrons.

#4314 4 years ago

If you guys get a chance check out one of the organizations we sponsor PAPA! They had a cool stream tonight!!

#4315 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is the point where most of the pinball cabinet lighting capability and outside of the cabinet environmental lighting meets. We will call it the "Equator".
[quoted image]

And to continue the coverage on the science behind lighting for your playfield and pinball (actual ball)....

Due to the placement of the Pin Stadiums being in the absolute best location possible (just like a stadium!) and down the entire length of the playfield on both sides, this eliminate any shadows along with providing full playfield lighting covered. But even better, that tiny little silver ball looks like this!!

This is a huge deal and bigger than most realize, but sub-consciously our brain sees this during our reactionary process of play. Take a look at the improvement of not just the ball but the playfield brilliancy.

pinball_appearance_09 (resized).pngpinball_appearance_09 (resized).png
#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Another thing that is a new topic to talk about with the Pin Stadiums is playfield glare (NOT glass glare!). So basically with every pinball machine we always are fighting glass glare, but part of what you are seeing is the glare off of the clear coat of the playfield into your eyes. We don't notice it because the glass glare is so intense that it just all seems to blend in. So another layer deep under the glass is the shiny playfield and no version of anti-glare glass can help with that. If you get a chance next time, take your glass off and you will notice how powerful that is. If you have anti-glare glass you don't even have to remove it to see. The Pin Stadiums help with that dramatically too which is what many attribute to the "HD" look of their machine once they install the Pin Stadiums.
Here is a quick graphic that demonstrates the "Before" how your machine is now.
[quoted image]

Here is a great example of flipper lighting reflection from the DMD. Look at the bottom of the translite. You cannot “unsee” this now Spotlights and strips in that area are the cause of this.
C7284B57-F597-446E-A3C0-CC60328EF08C (resized).jpegC7284B57-F597-446E-A3C0-CC60328EF08C (resized).jpegD81731BE-24A0-4FEE-88E9-C5AD8E6175E4 (resized).jpegD81731BE-24A0-4FEE-88E9-C5AD8E6175E4 (resized).jpeg

#4317 4 years ago

Here is the after once the Pin Stadiums are installed.

C862B274-6E83-49BB-8EB2-F1B21A9D3D3E (resized).jpegC862B274-6E83-49BB-8EB2-F1B21A9D3D3E (resized).jpeg
#4318 4 years ago

Also in the picture is an excellent example of rear backbox LED lighting. Fortunately in this machine the toys and playfield objects hide the reflection into your eyes from the playfield.

In the “After” picture above, the light source GI illumination the rear strips provided in that back area is now insignificant. But the good news is that it now serves as accent lighting just like flipper lighting.

#4319 4 years ago
58F2562C-AE2E-40D0-88E7-E6F350FB154F (resized).jpeg58F2562C-AE2E-40D0-88E7-E6F350FB154F (resized).jpeg
#4320 4 years ago

Getting ready for a big announcement. Something you guys have all been waiting for!

calf_demonreveal001 (resized).pngcalf_demonreveal001 (resized).png
#4321 4 years ago

Please say that Hover is ready to ship...

And since the above photo is titled "Hover Reveal", I am happy to know that I am right!

#4322 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Please say that Hover is ready to ship...
And since the above photo is titled "Hover Reveal", I am happy to know that I am right!

Not sure what you mean about the title name??

#4323 4 years ago

Can you provide us with a picture of the hover in action? We took out our pinstadiums from Dialed In to install mirrored art blades and decided that we didn't want to risk ruining them with the magna mounts. This sounds like the perfect solution, but I need to see what they look like.

#4324 4 years ago

Can you provide us with a picture of the hover in action? We took out our pinstadiums from Dialed In to install mirrored art blades and decided that we didn't want to risk ruining them with the magna mounts. This sounds like the perfect solution, but I need to see what they look like.

Yes absolutely I will provide details and pics upon the full reveal. I have the final production ready version working in my Iron Man as that has been one of the main test machines amongst the other manufacturer brands too to insure compatibility across all machines. It's seriously amazing as I feel like I am doing something wrong now. You know that feeling when you lift the playfield and you think "oh no" I have to remove the lights or need to position them when vertical.

It's definitely first world problems we are experiencing but I went hardcore for a first class solution. It was a lot more involved than I would have ever thought, but I was also being super particular and trying unique designs from the drawing board over and over until I got it right. Then I stepped it up another 2 notches of fine tuning for that stealthy factory look that Pin Stadiums products are known for. Plus the Hover optional add-on will be unleashing a new level of future accessory add-on capabilities which I think you guys will be very excited to see too. As always, I try to design most everything to work with what you have and to improve upon the core Pin Stadium lighting products. I feel that is important and a reason to help customers feel secure in their investment. Keep an eye out on this thread !

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Not sure what you mean about the title name??

Ha! Too funny!

But I can't wait as I have 3 sets of Pin Stadiums.. 1 on my WOZ which I have had magna mount problems with since install (we covered this in email and you offered to replace them, but I opted to wait for Hover), 1 set for my JD which has not been installed in over a year due to delayed teardown, and 1 for my SS which I recently ordered. The JD and SS are both waiting for Hover before install and I can't wait to install them on WOZ as well and lose the magna mount system completely.

The day you put them for sale, I am ordering 3 sets. I don't even need to see what they look like as I am all in. Take my money! They could be sparkly pink and purple, I would still buy them (and a can of paint to fix that poor color decision).

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ha! Too funny!

I figured you would appreciate that and I definitely am always trying to improve them. I think I am as excited as you are too as now I feel spoiled other the Iron Man having them. I’m so appreciative of customer feedback as it fuels invention and improvements. If you want pink and sparkly that’s always an option, I mean it’s a mod for a mod for a mod’s mod technically. Haha!!

#4327 4 years ago

I'm sure you're on it Scott but still wanted to note that a list of machines where Hover has been tested would be good. Or at least an approved list of machines that could be questionable.

I'm thinking specifically of WH2O but there have to be many others where ramps or other pf features are tight.

I'll be in for a set for my MMr and another for WH2O if I know it'll work. Thanks.

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I'm sure you're on it Scott but still wanted to note that a list of machines where Hover has been tested would be good. Or at least an approved list of machines that could be questionable.
I'm thinking specifically of WH2O but there have to be many others where ramps or other pf features are tight.
I'll be in for a set for my MMr and another for WH2O if I know it'll work. Thanks.

Yes WH20 was first on my list, along with CFTBL, WOZ, and many many more that are known for being tight. Even TNA with the lower side walls since that is a big seller and old EM's. Because of how they are designed they will definitely work on any machine for sure. That is what took so long with the design was creating flexibility for those variable environments. I'm sure you will be very pleased.

#4329 4 years ago

Considering some Fusions for my Hobbit as well. Anyone have them or Orion’s Belt on a Hobbit?

Wasn’t wild about the UV on the Hobbit, so I swapped it out for a poor mans red flasher to simulate what it would look like with a proper set of Fusions. Think a combo of red, orange, yellow and white from the Fusions might be awesome. Then just not use the UV.

Here is a vid of my current Hobbit experiment. The orange doesn’t show up well in the video but it is pretty cool overall. When Smaug is going, the orange lighting gives the whole play field a nice glow in person, and when Smaug’s eye is on, it goes all red when the GI turns off.

Think you will have another order for Fusions coming Scott! I will grab a video when I get the official set in place.

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Considering some Fusions for my Hobbit as well. Anyone have them or Orion’s Belt on a Hobbit?
Wasn’t wild about the UV on the Hobbit, so I swapped it out for a poor mans red flasher to simulate what it would look like with a proper set of Fusions. Think a combo of red, orange, yellow and white from the Fusions might be awesome. Then just not use the UV.
Here is a vid of my current Hobbit experiment. The orange doesn’t show up well in the video but it is pretty cool overall. When Smaug is going, the orange lighting gives the whole play field a nice glow in person, and when Smaug’s eye is on, it goes all red when the GI turns off.

Think you will have another order for Fusions coming Scott! I will grab a video when I get the official set in place.

Yes you could just dial in the Orange with the Fusions on Hobbit. I have Fusions on my Hobbit if you need hook up locations and suggestions. It's very impressive and basically you will just trigger from the left and right flasher domes.

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Here you go! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/84#post-4941226

8cc160476bf588d87beff940a74f6a883c074f99 (resized).png8cc160476bf588d87beff940a74f6a883c074f99 (resized).png
#4333 4 years ago

Anytime and once you land on settings that you like please let us all know too.

#4334 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes WH20 was first on my list, along with CFTBL, WOZ, and many many more that are known for being tight. Even TNA with the lower side walls since that is a big seller and old EM's. Because of how they are designed they will definitely work on any machine for sure. That is what took so long with the design was creating flexibility for those variable environments. I'm sure you will be very pleased.

I think STTNG will be another challenging one, the right side launch wire-form is tight to the side and with the invisishields installed they but right up against it.

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think STTNG will be another challenging one, the right side launch wire-form is tight to the side and with the invisishields installed they but right up against it.

Yep that's another tight machine good call and it will definitely fit on that, but only with this final design would it fit if I had not re-engineered it. I am glad that you pointed that out as it's a great representation of the a machine in the snug category. The one thing to remember and to be confident in is that if your light bars fit so will this

#4336 4 years ago
reveal002 (resized).pngreveal002 (resized).png
#4337 4 years ago

Finally got a set for each pin...great product...great service! Love being able to play pinball with the lights off.

C244AEC1-C05C-48F5-9A98-6A0360D09A16 (resized).jpegC244AEC1-C05C-48F5-9A98-6A0360D09A16 (resized).jpeg
#4338 4 years ago

Before/After. Note that PF lighting isn't fully "stock". I replaced a lot of the red/blue LED lights (which tend to make the inserts look dark/lousy) with white. If this were stock lighting, the A/B difference would be a little more dramatic. Nevertheless, really nice difference (and fits really nicely with the white LED's I added). Might remove the 2 stock spots eventually (to improve PF visibility), since they aren't doing much.

IMG_1899 (resized).jpegIMG_1899 (resized).jpegIMG_1900 (resized).jpegIMG_1900 (resized).jpeg
#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Before/After. Note that PF lighting isn't fully "stock". I replaced a lot of the red/blue LED lights (which tend to make the inserts look dark/lousy) with white. If this were stock lighting, the A/B difference would be a little more dramatic. Nevertheless, really nice difference (and fits really nicely with the white LED's I added). Might remove the 2 stock spots eventually (to improve PF visibility), since they aren't doing much.

Time for some trough lighting

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's a great looking AC/DC and thank you for posting it up. It really makes a world of a difference on that machine to make darker sections of the artwork come into full HD life!

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Time for some trough lighting

Yes great combo with the Pin Stadiums!

#4342 4 years ago

Really excited to announce that Pin Stadium has officially partnered with Pinside so now in addition to our products that are for sale on our website, we are also listing our them on the Pinside Shop store for your convenience and to help support the great things that robin has done for all of us by having this amazing website for us to all congregate!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1105-pin-stadium

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

pinball_led_buld_mod_lighting_lights (resized).pngpinball_led_buld_mod_lighting_lights (resized).png

#4344 4 years ago

Thank you!! Also 5% of the sales go to Pinside so it’s for a good cause too!

#4345 4 years ago

For anyone on the fence about Pin Stadiums and Baby Pin Stadiums here is a great “Live” example of them off and on along with gameplay. Martin from Head2Head Pinball vouches for them:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/418803902?t=4173s

Here is a Before & After and then one with just the Baby Pin Stadiums on the lower playfield!!

F6A5BFC5-44C4-4EB1-8E8C-F9600F3EB257 (resized).jpegF6A5BFC5-44C4-4EB1-8E8C-F9600F3EB257 (resized).jpegF4B45CDD-8EBD-4644-A2D5-9ADC7D1F94AB (resized).pngF4B45CDD-8EBD-4644-A2D5-9ADC7D1F94AB (resized).png

#4346 4 years ago

Here is a before pic of Black Knight on a stream. In case you are wondering if this machine could benefit from the Pin Stadiums.

https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights/

64A92A1B-C90E-422B-AAAB-604555C9A41C (resized).jpeg64A92A1B-C90E-422B-AAAB-604555C9A41C (resized).jpeg
#4347 4 years ago

Here is a pic of them with the Pin Stadiums to give you an idea.

D5B21DFB-611A-410F-88A2-FBB0A9E40B6E (resized).jpegD5B21DFB-611A-410F-88A2-FBB0A9E40B6E (resized).jpeg
#4348 4 years ago

Making some updates this weekend to our Facebook page. If you have not had a chance already you may want to "Like" it as there will be news and updates announced there. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/pinstadium

fb_background_new001a (resized).pngfb_background_new001a (resized).png
#4349 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Making some updates this weekend to our Facebook page. If you have not had a chance already you may want to "Like" it as there will be news and updates announced there. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/pinstadium[quoted image]

Awesome! You should run a special on the “fusion” product to celebrate.

#4350 4 years ago

Here’s hoping that one of the new announcements will be Hover!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Wanted
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.