(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 165.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Check this out, fresh install of Pin Stadium's on Stern Tron Pro. This kit also have the UV+Glow feature on this machine hooked up to the Recognize target. Looks impressive and the effect is incredible on this playfield. TRON: Legacy (Pro)

Looks familiar!

#352 6 years ago

Yeah I have since changed out the stock spot lights with the crazy bright ones from Comet. They helped, but much better lighting from the pinstadium lights. Got every inch of the game.

#353 6 years ago

Can I get an opinion from an objective source about this kit as it relates to the flasher aspect?

I get that these light the playfield really well. I have a set on order for Rob Zombie. The thing is, Rob Zombie has an underwhelming flasher light show, so I'm not worried about losing anything there.

For other games that have an impressive flasher light show, does all the extra light diminish the impact of the light show? I have a Starship Troopers, which has an amazing flasher light show! I've been thinking about installing this kit with the UV option since there is a lot of reactive orange on the playfield, but I'm concerned that all the extra light and flashers will take away from the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue flasher effects in the game right now.

No offense to the OP, but I know he thinks this kit will look good in all applications. Does anyone without a vested interest have experience seeing this kit in person installed in a game that has a dynamic flasher light show?

#354 6 years ago

I can only speak for the games I have seen the kit in, so I will do my best.

In my opinion, the flasher kit works best on games that don't go crazy with flashers. I think the GI only option would be best for games like Starship Troopers. I don't think the GI would diminish the flashers in that game at all. Best way to be for sure, take one of your pinstadium sets from another game and throw it into SST.

That's what I plan to do with WCS. I know the kit looks awesome in GOT (flasher effect hooked up to BWMB jackpots to make the whole game Flash green. I'm just not sure how the green flasher will work in WCS since the flashers in that game are used with just about any major shot in the game. I'm afraid it will be a bit too much. And that game has pretty good lighting throughout without the pinstadium lights so I might not need anything for that game.

SST is a very dark game though so it could benefit greatly from the GI piece of the kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the brightness can be adjusted (maybe scott can confirm or deny). That way you can tune it to a way that it gives you the added GI brightness and not lose those awesome flashers.

Also hooking the pinstadium into the flashers in SST will add to the flasher effects already in the game and will probably overtake the added GI brightness the kit gives you.

My official recommendation: treat pinstadium like CDMD. Take it from game to game in your house and try it out to see where it works and where it doesn't.

Remember though. You will need to add an extra magna mount system to each order for each game you would want to swap the kit from game to game. I got three extra magna mounts in my order to help me try this out in some other games.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can only speak for the games I have seen the kit in, so I will do my best.
In my opinion, the flasher kit works best on games that don't go crazy with flashers. I think the GI only option would be best for games like Starship Troopers. I don't think the GI would diminish the flashers in that game at all. Best way to be for sure, take one of your pinstadium sets from another game and throw it into SST.
That's what I plan to do with WCS. I know the kit looks awesome in GOT (flasher effect hooked up to BWMB jackpots to make the whole game Flash green. I'm just not sure how the green flasher will work in WCS since the flashers in that game are used with just about any major shot in the game. I'm afraid it will be a bit too much. And that game has pretty good lighting throughout without the pinstadium lights so I might not need anything for that game.
SST is a very dark game though so it could benefit greatly from the GI piece of the kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the brightness can be adjusted (maybe scott can confirm or deny). That way you can tune it to a way that it gives you the added GI brightness and not lose those awesome flashers.
Also hooking the pinstadium into the flashers in SST will add to the flasher effects already in the game and will probably overtake the added GI brightness the kit gives you.
My official recommendation: treat pinstadium like CDMD. Take it from game to game in your house and try it out to see where it works and where it doesn't.
Remember though. You will need to add an extra magna mount system to each order for each game you would want to swap the kit from game to game. I got three extra magna mounts in my order to help me try this out in some other games.

Cheeks chuckwurt
The key with any of the games is going to be able to choose the correct level of brightness. In the Pin Stadium app you can choose the RGB color and brightness from 0-100% and in between the RGB LED's are embedded white LED's of which you can control independently from 0-100% also.

So for example in a game like SST I would suggest turning the brightness up to about 70% to start and then go up/down from there. Then as far as the flasher feature, the UV+Glow would then really bring alive the playfield and won't take away from the other colors that are flashing. The right combo of the brightness, color level, and flasher color choice will make it so that you can dial it in to exactly what you want without losing the effects of the game. It will give you some very nice brilliant lighting to see the playfield and ball.

On WCS you could use our converter to trigger the flasher feature based upon another bulb other than the flashers if you decided you wanted let's say an insert bulb to determine when they come on or off. This would be a very creative workaround to this and I have done this personally on some machines for that very reason.

I hope this helps.

#356 6 years ago

Just a heads up as we start into another week of production. We have just put up a Facebook page for you all to checkout too. It would be a good idea to follow us here as we will post updates and footage etc. Thanks!!

https://m.facebook.com/pinstadium

#357 6 years ago

Any updated time frame for the preorder people? My RZLE is pumped for this!

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Don't rush him

The faster pinstadium gets the intial model/orders out, the faster he will get the v.2 with GI integration perfected and when that happens my wallet is going to go into cardiac arrest

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

We are at about 4 weeks!!!

#360 6 years ago

To demonstrate the quality and brightness of our special made UV+Glow flasher feature. Normally you would just hook this up to your favorite flasher faster but in this case I hooked it up to a constant "On" source so that you all can see it since flash is hard to capture on camera. It creates an amazing and wondrous eerie glow that really brought the UV reactive Ghostbusters Premium to life. Look at Slimer glowing his glory:

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

To demonstrate the quality and brightness of our special made UV+Glow flasher feature. Normally you would just hook this up to your favorite flasher faster but in this case I hooked it up to a constant "On" source. It created an amazing and wondrous eerie glow that really brought the UV reactive Ghostbusters Premium to life. I'm going to leave it this way as it's super cool and it's another way you can use the Pin Stadium kit to make your pinball pop. Look at Slimer glowing his glory:
» YouTube video

While I appreciate you providing options, frankly if I wanted an always on UV lighting source, I would get the Pinball Refinery UV kit for about 1/3 of your price. The whole reason I paid extra for your kit was the more normalized lighting and UV only in flashes, not a constant UV washout.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I want UV only in flashes, not a constant UV washout.

That is just an example. He only hooked it up that way so he could capture the effect. It will only be on when triggered by whatever source on your game that you choose to connect the flasher wire up to.

#363 6 years ago

wrong thread sorry

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While I appreciate you providing options, frankly if I wanted an always on UV lighting source, I would get the Pinball Refinery UV kit for about 1/3 of your price. The whole reason I paid extra for your kit was the more normalized lighting and UV only in flashes, not a constant UV washout.

littlecammi is correct it was only to show the UV+Glow color and effect since it's hard to see when it flashes in videos. It's not the intended use but just a fun video I put up. You would just connect a feature trigger to this normally.

#365 6 years ago

Great news!! We are on our 3rd revision of our GI On/Off integration and it's looking to be rather promising. Tomorrow is going to be the first day of testing with the newly designed board. I will keep you all posted.

#366 6 years ago

Super exciting day at Pin Stadium! We have created an optional GI game controllable upgrade that is successfully working awesome. Many have requested this as an add-on feature

Originally the Pin Stadium kit would stay on throughout the duration of the game which works and looks excellent, however many have desired to have the GI portion of our lights to be turned on and off with the machine for the full light show effect. This really is exceptional and now those with games that rely on GI lights going off such as strobe multiball in AFM, Star Trek laser show, MB, and many more!!

We will be announcing the pricing shortly and please let us know if you are interested in upgrading your current order to include this. Watch this all of the way through until the end so that you can see the finale effect too. Let us know what you think!!

stern_tron_pro_LED_pinstadium (resized).pngstern_tron_pro_LED_pinstadium (resized).png

#367 6 years ago

I'll get that controller for both of my ordered sets.
When do you guys think you will start shipping?

#368 6 years ago

I also want the GI controller for my two ordered sets, and I intend to order another two sets once you announce pricing for that add-on option.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don't rush him
The faster pinstadium gets the intial model/orders out, the faster he will get the v.2 with GI integration perfected and when that happens my wallet is going to go into cardiac arrest

Just letting you know that your dream came true! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/8#post-3860979

#370 6 years ago

An even higher resolution video (different from above) of our kit in action on TRON: Legacy (Pro):

#371 6 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#372 6 years ago

Perfect!! I'd like to add it to my kit as the machine I'm using it on has a mode where most of the lights go out to give it the effect it's going for. Also I didn't add it originally but can you add the FLASHER add on since it's free for preorder peeps such as myself. Thanks.

#373 6 years ago

Nice job Scott. TheGI lights out is great! More improvements as you go!

#374 6 years ago

Very nice!! Would love to see how these behave now in games like MET with that really dramatic light show on sparky MB.

Not to mention winter is coming hurry ups on GOT and Boba Fett mode on SW

#375 6 years ago

Glad you all like it and it's also LED OCD compatible too!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 6 years ago

looks good
I would like the GI controller for my order also

#377 6 years ago

I would also like to add the gi controller for my sets as well!! Nice job!! Now hurry up and get these damn things to me so I can see better!!! LoL!!

#378 6 years ago

Ah crap there goes the new couple months wages! Videos look awesome looks even better than I expected

Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad you all like it and it's also LED OCD compatible too!

Makes a great mod even better, look forward to pricing and availability.

#379 6 years ago

I've been following developments on this kit closely. Your perseverance at making the product all that it can be is commendable. One quick question, in its current stage of development, are the Pin Stadium Lights still turned on independently of machine power on?

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've been following developments on this kit closely. Your perseverance at making the product all that it can be is commendable. One quick question, in its current stage of development, are the Pin Stadium Lights still turned on independently of machine power on?

Thank you very much and I am glad you have enjoyed the progress. Yes the Pin Stadium kits now are direct plug and play and turn On/Off with each machine.

Also here is the ending clip of the grand finale of Tron from the previous video. It highlights the ending for those who may have not watch it at the end. This is worth checking out:

#382 6 years ago

Thank you and glad you like what you saw!

#383 6 years ago

did I see its an add on. does that mean extra cost? and how much extra? seems like that's just the way they should work..

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

did I see its an add on. does that mean extra cost? and how much extra? seems like that's just the way they should work..

It is an add-on feature as it requires a custom control module to be installed inline with the Pin Stadium lighting kit. It was a big chore to get this to work and after many revisions and month's of testing we were able to offer this up. We will need to know with each order if you want to upgrade to this. Pricing and availability will be posted next week sometime and we will email all current customer's also.

#385 6 years ago

Well ya I want it!

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

For me I don't want them linked to the GI or to turn on and off with the game. I want them always on and turn off when I turn them off remotely.

#387 6 years ago

chuckwurt

Most are wanting it so that the pinball controls it's theatric effects for specific modes and shots. However from a competitive playing experience or for web streaming having constant on is desired. It's really a matter of what you would prefer. We are designing the GI kit to be able to be enabled and disabled depending on your preference and usage. So this way everyone may want one since its gives you full control.

#388 6 years ago

We will update this week with the GI integration option pricing and availability as many are wanting and waiting for this. We e been testing all weekend so our V3 version of this and it's solid as a rock. Also note that we are down to 3-4 weeks for the first pre-order sets to ship out.

In the meantime here is some footage of TWD Premium with our kit really illuminating what would be a very dark an extremely playfield in the low light VFW hall setting at the Ann Arbor show. The UV+Glow upgrade option is on this too and being triggered by the Well Walker. Enjoy!

#389 6 years ago

Here is a recording of a live stream of the first impressions of the Pin Stadium lights from the NKY Pinball group. You will get to see the lights turn off/on in action through the video but most notable at 4:55 in. Kit has the UV+Glow option too, hence the bright flashes when Recognizer is hit. Super cool effect, but the big thing here is the dark to light comparison. Enjoy!

Note that the LED light source is visible due to the overhead view shot which does not appear like this to player's perspective during the game:

#390 6 years ago

The difference is crazy.. they will sell... and now your incorporating lights out with GI it will be more desired,IMHO

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

The difference is crazy.. they will sell... and now your incorporating lights out with GI it will be more desired,IMHO

Yes we are super excited and things are going so well. Pin Stadiums have been sold to just about every major continent and for so many different pinballs. We will be posting shortly the pricing and availability of the GI integration upgrade option many have requested that is happening !!

#392 6 years ago

how much is this again? Seems to make a very big diff.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how much is this again? Seems to make a very big diff.

The Pin Stadium kits starts at $149.95 and we have plug and play adapters that are included for just about any pinball machine. You can place an order at www.pinstadium.com

If you have any questions please PM me here or email at [email protected]

Thanks,

Scott

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Scott, don't know if it's been posted or not....the app. Also have you given consideration to making a tutorial on using the app and posting on YouTube?

Here is the full walk-through and preview of the Pin Stadium app that many have been waiting for. We are super excited to announce this and show this to you all! It has been fully annotated and detailed as if I were in person demonstrating it at the pinball shows (which several of you may have been to). Here you go!

The video below is a fuller screen higher resolution version here but it doesn't have the walk-through. This one is good for getting a great visual on the app though:

#395 6 years ago

How much extra is the GI integration?

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

How much extra is the GI integration?

We wil be announcing it sometime on or before this weekend.

#397 6 years ago

Here are some screenshots of the Pin Stadium app while it operates the kit on TWD Premium. Then a before and after with the lights On/Off

image1 (resized).pngimage1 (resized).png
image2 (resized).pngimage2 (resized).png
image5 (resized).pngimage5 (resized).png
image3 (resized).pngimage3 (resized).png
image4 (resized).pngimage4 (resized).png
image6 (resized).pngimage6 (resized).png
image8 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpeg

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks bad ass to me

sorry, couldn't resist....

#400 6 years ago

My Rob Zombie is eagerly awaiting this mod! Can't wait for my preorder to arrive

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.