(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,217 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-mandalorian-pinball-mods (resized).jpg
There are 8,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 165.
#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Are there any issues with the manga mounts sticking to Stern art blades? They kinda have that grainy finish which usually doesn’t lend itself for sticking.

They work great with them !

#3552 5 years ago

Beatles before/after...stunning difference. Have the flasher hooked up to the spinning LP in the middle of the PF. Transforms the game.

snaroff

IMG_0961 (resized).jpegIMG_0961 (resized).jpegIMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Beatles before/after...stunning difference. Have the flasher hooked up to the spinning LP in the middle of the PF. Transforms the game.
snaroff
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok now thats cool. I didn't expect to see many moded Beatles games. Very nice.

#3554 5 years ago

I installed Pin Stadiums on my Iron Maiden Pro. Just bought the Stern inside art blades that are arriving tomorrow. Question....Do I have to take off the magna mounts to install the blades or can I install them just underneath the Pin Stadiums? If I have to take off the magna mounts will the adhesive come off easily and stick back on securely?

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from RedDragons5:

I installed Pin Stadiums on my Iron Maiden Pro. Just bought the Stern inside art blades that are arriving tomorrow. Question....Do I have to take off the magna mounts to install the blades or can I install them just underneath the Pin Stadiums? If I have to take off the magna mounts will the adhesive come off easily and stick back on securely?

You could install them underneath but your hinge bolt hole in the back won’t line up then with the art blades. It would be best to remove the Magna-Mounts. I suggest using a little heat from a hair dryer or low setting on a heat gun just to make them easier to remove.

They generally don’t re-bond well. I suggest ordering a new set of them:

https://pinstadium.com/product/hd-magna-mounts/

#3556 5 years ago

Sounds good, thanks Scott!

#3557 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

amazing.

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from RedDragons5:

Sounds good, thanks Scott!

You are welcome and always glad to help!

#3559 5 years ago

Will those new thinner magna mounts work for the older, thicker models?

#3560 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My bet is absolutely. Same product just improved. Scott is always fine tuning for the best possible product and you should have no issue.

#3561 5 years ago

It technically works but the weight ratio of the older Magna-Mount on the light bar in relation to the new HD Magna Mount is not as strong as I would like it to be due to the old ones weight. You can try it and see what you think. It works, but “just” works. The two HD ones work great together of course if you have the light bar with them on it already.

#3562 5 years ago

I might toss one into my next order. Probably going to be awhile.

#3563 5 years ago

I might toss one into my next order. Probably going to be awhile.

Okay sounds like a plan!

#3564 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Any idea what triggers are being used here?

I'll have a look over the weekend - I pretty much just attached them to any flasher that was easily accessible. Not shown in this clip is the red flasher on the left spinner - looks great.

Also, due to the STLE having it's own row of leds in the inside of the cab I installed the Pinstadiums above and Orion's Belt below neither set are really noticeable and as you can see the flashers still work well even when set so low.

#3565 5 years ago
Quoted from Martymainframe:

I'll have a look over the weekend - I pretty much just attached them to any flasher that was easily accessible. Not shown in this clip is the red flasher on the left spinner - looks great.
Also, due to the STLE having it's own row of leds in the inside of the cab I installed the Pinstadiums above and Orion's Belt below neither set are really noticeable and as you can see the flashers still work well even when set so low.

Thanks, yeah I'm definitely interested to know what you used. I just threw mine in witt:
Red- Back left Red Strobe
Yellow- Back center/right Yellow Strobe
White- Pops White Strobe
Blue- Spinner Blue Strobe

It's interesting seeing your video how different of an effect yours creates. I do like mine a lot, but I have to wonder if I could make it even nicer. I am just so hesitant to open it up right now for any reason with all the trouble I have unmounting/opening/closing/remounting properly/safely.

#3566 5 years ago

Does anyone have any thoughts for Orions Belt triggers on either Hobbit or MMr ?

Thanks!

#3567 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Does anyone have any thoughts for Orions Belt triggers on either Hobbit or MMr ?
Thanks!

I put them on Hobbit by connecting to the left and right flasher groups by the loops.

#3568 5 years ago

Just received my 2nd batch of OB! It's shaping up to be a Pin Stadium day. I need to install some pinblades on MMR and CFTBL first. What's everyone's preferred method to make that install pain free? Oh and flasher ideas for those games?

#3569 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Just received my 2nd batch of OB! It's shaping up to be a Pin Stadium day. I need to install some pinblades on MMR and CFTBL first. What's everyone's preferred method to make that install pain free? Oh and flasher ideas for those games?

Pinblades install recommendation that worked for me.

1 Dry fit to make sure you have clearance to slide in easy and everything lines up.
2 Clean cabinet area well with Alcohol.
3 I use windex personally and works Perfect. Peel and wet back side of decal. Good mist
4 Light mist cabinet (make sure power is off and unplugged)
5 Slide in place carefully with the windex you will have plenty of time to position focusing on the top leading edge and pivot bolt position.
(Always easier if you have a second person to hold one end but not a must)
6 Starting at one end and the top slowly squeegee out the windex and any bubbles using a credit card or equivalent. You may need to raise the playfield to finish the bottom and lower sections just raise carefully.

Not really a tough job as long as you don't rush. Keep plenty of paper towels on hand to wipe the decal and cabinet for run off. Sets in a day and will never come off again. I personally would Not install the Pinstadiums until the decals have had time to set but thats just me.... Good Luck.

#3570 5 years ago

Thank you! I have sprayaway and sparkle handy, I imagine they'll work fine. I guess I won't be doing the Pin Stadiums today unless I decide to brighten up ToM, which could really use it!

#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Thank you! I have sprayaway and sparkle handy, I imagine they'll work fine. I guess I won't be doing the Pin Stadiums today unless I decide to brighten up ToM, which could really use it!

Sparkle or your brand of choice is fine. Its just a light lubricant that evaporates slowly on its own that your after. Good Luck.

#3572 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I put them on Hobbit by connecting to the left and right flasher groups by the loops.

Thanks Scott,

Was this just two of the 4 channels then? The other two somewhere else? or..?

Any thoughts/ideas/feedback from anyone for a MMr ?

#3573 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Thanks Scott,

On Hobbit you have a ton of choices and there is a single connector on each side (left and right) that has several of the flashers in the housing. When installing Pin Stadiums it helps a lot to reference the manual for the machines. You can go into settings and under the LEDs you can view the flasher locations. It will animate these pages I have attached. I hope this helps. Anything highlighted in purple would work.
http://159.203.76.48/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf

Quoted from elf70:

Thanks Scott,

2C63AB56-6CCB-470D-B43A-9BC5612297D8 (resized).jpeg2C63AB56-6CCB-470D-B43A-9BC5612297D8 (resized).jpegD743A0B6-E908-457D-A4B7-C0CE77071B90 (resized).jpegD743A0B6-E908-457D-A4B7-C0CE77071B90 (resized).jpeg
#3574 5 years ago

Got my Pinstadium for MBr. What a difference. Whites are only at 75% in this pic. Scott is a great guy as he helped me with install on a Sunday. Little bit different install on MBr as all lights are all RBG. I think he is going to update his Website. If not you can always get him on the phone. Great customer service.

Thanks Scott.

IMG_0077 (resized).jpgIMG_0077 (resized).jpgIMG_0078 (resized).jpgIMG_0078 (resized).jpg
#3575 5 years ago

Also highly recommend getting the light shield. Anyone watching the game to the side will not see LED's.

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Got my Pinstadium for MBr. What a difference. Whites are only at 75% in this pic. Scott is a great guy as he helped me with install on a Sunday. Little bit different install on MBr as all lights are all RBG. I think he is going to update his Website. If not you can always get him on the phone. Great customer service.
Thanks Scott.

Hey looking really good there! Thanks for the kind words and I am glad I was able to help you. Although there have been tons of Pin Stadiums orders for MBR, this is the very first set of before and after posted. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I feel this will be very helpful for the MBR owners to see what is possible.

#3577 5 years ago

Special thanks to ThePinballCo-op for finding the correct and GI connection for MBR!! I have update the "Chicago Gaming" section of the Pin Stadium install instruction on the website to show you how and where to connect the Pin Stadium GI.

https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

Also PBMAN was very instrumental in helping with MBR connections too.
monster_bash_remake_GI_location (resized).jpgmonster_bash_remake_GI_location (resized).jpgmonster_bash_remake_GI_location (resized).pngmonster_bash_remake_GI_location (resized).png

#3578 5 years ago

Whoops! I misread that.. ignore this post. I need to read better. haha

#3579 5 years ago

So it seems as if I'm not smart enough to figure out how to install the Invisi-Shield. Are there instructions on the website? I couldn't find anything and the video on YouTube is just a promo.

I have the Pinstadium and UV flasher kit, which sit attached like an upside down L. I have these two shields that also are L-shaped. Do I sit them on top like an upside down U?

#3580 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

So it seems as if I'm not smart enough to figure out how to install the Invisi-Shield. Are there instructions on the website? I couldn't find anything and the video on YouTube is just a promo.
I have the Pinstadium and UV flasher kit, which sit attached like an upside down L. I have these two shields that also are L-shaped. Do I sit them on top like an upside down U?

Yes. When done right, the kit will look like an upside down U when mounted to the game.

Well more like a J.

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. When done right, the kit will look like an upside down U when mounted to the game.

Thanks! Just stuck them on.

#3582 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well more like a J.

Thanks for helping him!!

#3583 5 years ago

Herr is an update picture of the Frankenstein orb flasher for MBR. This is the recommended location to trigger the UV+Glow from. Thanks PBMAN !

47B10432-70F3-41BF-B4F4-57595599D05B (resized).jpeg47B10432-70F3-41BF-B4F4-57595599D05B (resized).jpeg
#3584 5 years ago

Another before and after on a Beatles. Transforming....as always. I soldered the flashers to the right side white flasher board under the spinning disk.

FA984B9B-86A5-47F1-BAC5-5CED9F4E020E (resized).jpegFA984B9B-86A5-47F1-BAC5-5CED9F4E020E (resized).jpegFEC53136-672F-46B9-B326-1D9C41963CC0 (resized).jpegFEC53136-672F-46B9-B326-1D9C41963CC0 (resized).jpeg

Killer product Scott. Keep innovating!

#3585 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Another before and after on a Beatles. Transforming....as always. I soldered the flashers to the right side white flasher board under the spinning disk.
Killer product Scott. Keep innovating!

That’s really a great looking machine. I love it! Thanks for posting this up.

#3586 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Herr is an update picture of the Frankenstein orb flasher for MBR. This is the recommended location to trigger the UV+Glow from. Thanks pbman !
[quoted image]

Just to clarify that the MBR Pin Stadiums kits come with 2 pairs of wire taps as you will need them for the GI and the Flasher connections. Several have asked about that.

#3587 5 years ago

My Deadpool Pro is finally lit up and looking great!
I want to publicly thank Scott for all of his help. When I was having an issue (potentially self-inflicted), he bent over backwards to make sure I got things working correctly. He let me stop by the Pinstadium factory to pick up what I needed rather than waiting on shipping. When he saw me gawking at one of his pinball machines, he fired it up and let me play a couple of games! In the middle of his day, he stopped to get me straightened out, chatted about pinball and our favorite games while I embarrassed myself with my terrible play. Very cool.

Here are my before and afters. On Scott's advice, I keep the main lights a little above 60% so that when the UV flashes, they pop! Loving the look.

Edit - took better photos

20181223_105021 (resized).jpg20181223_105021 (resized).jpg20181223_105035 (resized).jpg20181223_105035 (resized).jpg
#3588 5 years ago

I want to publicly thank Scott for all of his help. When I was having an issue (potentially self-inflicted), he bent over backwards to make sure I got things working correctly. He let me stop by the Pinstadium factory to pick up what I needed rather than waiting on shipping. When he saw me gawking at one of his pinball machines, he fired it up and let me play a couple of games! In the middle of his day, he stopped to get me straightened out, chatted about pinball and our favorite games while I embarrassed myself with my terrible play. Very cool.
Here are my before and afters. Since there are already several Deadpool's in the thread I took a bit of a different angle to spice things up. On Scott's advice, I keep the main lights a little above 60% so that when the UV flashes, they pop! Loving the look. [quoted image][quoted image]

Just sayin... Neither of those pictures is a good endorsement for the PS lights. lol

#3589 5 years ago

Just installed PS on an AFMr and I only get the glow during flashing - the lights are off otherwise. I'm sure Scott will respond shortly but I figured I'd try here. GI connection looks good, broke out the meter and it looks correct back to the PS board. Any other ideas to test before I give up and go watch football? Thanks!

#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Just installed PS on an AFMr and I only get the glow during flashing - the lights are off otherwise. I'm sure Scott will respond shortly but I figured I'd try here. GI connection looks good, broke out the meter and it looks correct back to the PS board. Any other ideas to test before I give up and go watch football? Thanks!

Helping him now !

#3591 5 years ago

All set. Talk about amazing service. Thanks for the help!

Turned out one of the taps had a break in the wire. If you feed the GI connector on the PS board a 9V connection you should get lights, so I'll leave this here for anyone in the future that might have issues. Connect the GI cable to the PS board and then clip to a 9V. If you get lights, the PS works fine. Made up some new taps and now I'm all set.

Another tip - the power cord has a breakaway connector. Sooner or later when you raise the playfield, it's going to pop out. So either do some stress relief or just tape the two sides of the breakaway connector together.

#3592 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

All set. Talk about amazing service. Thanks for the help!
Turned out one of the taps had a break in the wire. If you feed the GI connector on the PS board a 9V connection you should get lights, so I'll leave this here for anyone in the future that might have issues. Connect the GI cable to the PS board and then clip to a 9V. If you get lights, the PS works fine. Made up some new taps and now I'm all set.
Another tip - the power cord has a breakaway connector. Sooner or later when you raise the playfield, it's going to pop out. So either do some stress relief or just tape the two sides of the breakaway connector together.

I am glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for the post and I’m happy you are enjoying your Pin Stadiums!!

#3593 5 years ago

Here are my before and afters. On Scott's advice, I keep the main lights a little above 60% so that when the UV flashes, they pop! Loving the look.
Edit - took better photos [quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful machine !!!! Looks really good and you are on your way to a nice collection already.

#3594 5 years ago

Several have asked for pics of Iron Man with Pin Stadiums installed. The drone targets are the trigger for the UV+Glow, which would be the upper right ramp flasher in the Stern settings menu. I hope this helps!

beforeandafterIMVE2 (resized).pngbeforeandafterIMVE2 (resized).png
#3595 5 years ago

Here are some pics of a really nice Whirlwind with the Pin Stadiums. I witnessed these in person and had to take a picture!!

AF6BC01F-FD75-4A49-AA6A-4F437A3FE8C3 (resized).jpegAF6BC01F-FD75-4A49-AA6A-4F437A3FE8C3 (resized).jpeg1A6A990B-89E5-4B93-B58E-1A4DFE318A52 (resized).jpeg1A6A990B-89E5-4B93-B58E-1A4DFE318A52 (resized).jpeg03002D5E-C51D-4F70-8C19-46299F8C201F (resized).jpeg03002D5E-C51D-4F70-8C19-46299F8C201F (resized).jpeg
#3596 5 years ago

An important tip for many of those that are installing Pin Stadiums on some of the newer sterns. Keep in mind that there are many machines with separate strings of white and red GI. You will want to make sure you are connecting them to the white GI for the best results. If you connect to the red for example, then they will not behave properly with the game. So games like Walking Dead and Iron Maiden etc are good examples that you may run into with this type of GI setup.

#3597 5 years ago

Orion's Belt has successfully completed it's 3rd successful sold-out run and they have been a great hit over this holiday season. Shortly I will be doing yet another round of them and announce that very soon. In the meantime I will be posting up some tips and suggestions on machines that have been some of the most popular to install them on. A customer even installed them on a Whirlwind!!

Recently Star Wars (Pro)-le and Star Wars (Pro) have been very popular for them. It's quite the show to see and does extremely well with that game.

If you are looking to pump up your machine even more, then Orion's Belt is worth it's weight in gold to wow and dazzle. Remember, you can choose any color flasher you want on the color wheel which has never been down before. You will still use the wifi connectivity technology that Pin Stadium is well known for and the same app too!

orions_belt_sw (resized).pngorions_belt_sw (resized).png
#3598 5 years ago

Off topic but I can only Imagine what Scotts Christmas tree looked like! lol Decorated with rows of PS awesomeness.

#3599 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Off topic but I can only Imagine what Scotts Christmas tree looked like! lol Decorated with rows of PS awesomeness.

Yes I covered the tree with them at precise artistic angles to compliment the tree shake and then synced them to whichever game I was playing at the time. The UV+Glow Star trigger was the best. Orion’s Belt embedded in between.

#3600 5 years ago

I did a search on Batman 66 in this thread and only saw one suggestion for the UVglow and that was the center Pop bumper. Just curious since that was a year ago if anyone else has found a better location as I am getting ready to install my new set on BM66

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/72?hl=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.