(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 165.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So I got it all fixed up on my Star Wars machine and it really ups the game with the light effects...
The spinner is a must...
I moved one connection from the Millennium Falcon (that kept the OB lights on solid blue) to the left Tie Fighter flasher.
Now when there is Tie Fighter multiball it makes the play field go wild.
I tapped into the flasher and it seems to go off for the left Death Star flasher as well. (No big deal, still looks great)
Put the other two connections on the left play field flasher and the pops at the back of the play field. (My main Pin Stadiums are hooked up to the launcher/right play field flasher so now there’s some “balance”...lol)
So far it looks great!
Not sure how to embed video or I would upload!
The end game sequence is cool...

I believe you are one of the first to install Orion’s Belt on SW, congratulations!!

I’m glad that you were able to find the best locations for the flashers. Star Wars has many options for sure and I can only imagine what it looks like on that machine. Very exciting....

You are correct, if you attach one of the Orion’s Belt triggers onto a bulb that stays on (like a GIj it will override the other triggers, making it will think that it is constantly going. The code on Orion’s is design to prooerly sequence, and it will be waiting for that to finish.

This is the perfect time to great mention this tip. If you experience this, just be sure to check your trigger points and move it to a flasher. That will resolve it right away. Thanks for mentioning this as this will help others with their install.

We would all love to see that light show. What you will need to do is capture a video on your phone and then post it up on YouTube. Then paste the link into your post here and it will embed it so we can all watch it.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3502 5 years ago

I too have some sweet video of IMDN with Orion's Belt dialed in! It's a helluva light show and adrenaline rush to say the least. I'll extend a cordial invite to anyone who'd like to see it in person(Bring Coors Light).

Now I'm trying to figure out which game is next???

Star Wars already has Pin stadium and is amazing with the UV flasher.

I ordered the Orion's Belt with Metallica in mind, but I'm not sure if I want to mount on top of the Power Bladez.

So I'll have 2 sets of Pin Stadium lights to mount and 1 Orion's Belt. CFTBL, MMR & ToM could all use some light.

Whatever I decide will fantastic, and a BIG Thanks to Scott for his products and unparalleled support!

#3503 5 years ago

Just purchased a 3rd set of pinstadium lights for The Pinball Co-Op in South Burlington, VT. This time for our new Monster Bash SE.

I will post before & after pics.

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Just purchased a 3rd set of pinstadium lights for The Pinball Co-Op in South Burlington, VT. This time for our new Monster Bash SE.

That game really needs it. Seemed incredibly dark at Pincinnati this past weekend. We only played it once because it’s so dark.

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I too have some sweet video of IMDN with Orion's Belt dialed in! It's a helluva light show and adrenaline rush to say the least. I'll extend a cordial invite to anyone who'd like to see it in person(Bring Coors Light).
Now I'm trying to figure out which game is next???
I ordered the Orion's Belt with Metallica in mind, but I'm not sure if I want to mount on top of the Power Bladez.
So I'll have 2 sets of Pin Stadium lights to mount and 1 Orion's Belt. CFTBL, MMR & ToM could all use some light.
Whatever I decide will fantastic, and a BIG Thanks to Scott for his products and unparalleled support!

Oh man you got it dialed in on IMDN, I know what you are seeing!! It's going to take everyone a little bit of time to understand the powerful impact that Orion's Belt has and I am glad that you love it! Anyone near him should go check it out in person for sure and bring whatever he asks for

MET does extremely well with Orion's Belt, but if you want to choose between the others I would say do it on MMR!

You are welcome for the customer support as I am very thankful for you supporting the product. Glad to help anytime!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3506 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Thank you for your order for Pin Stadiums for MBR, and yes it really needs some assistance in the GI portion of the lighting department for sure. Can't wait to see the pics!

#3507 5 years ago

This might be of interest to you guys to hear Episode 72 Head2Head Podcast this week. Listen to what Jack says about Pin Stadiums. It only takes a minute, but you should listen to the entire podcast as Ryan and Martin have superb content. Start at 1hr 18:00 minutes in and go to 1hr 19 minutes::

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-72-jack-guarnieri-from-jjp-and-dr-john/id1263342244?i=1000425037381&mt=2

or find it here: http://www.head2headpinball.com
JJ2 (resized).pngJJ2 (resized).png

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I'm thinking of doing my SWLE...what flasher did you hook up to?

snaroff

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm thinking of doing my SWLE...what flasher did you hook up to?
snaroff

Here are the recommended connections for SW

11CB15C1-09FA-4FC8-8181-D48C9DA6049A (resized).jpeg11CB15C1-09FA-4FC8-8181-D48C9DA6049A (resized).jpeg
#3510 5 years ago

Thanks Scott, what about TRON LE?

#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks Scott, what about TRON LE?

Quorra spinner for an intense experience or the Recognizer bank target flasher for a nice soft glow.

#3512 5 years ago

The first documented install of Orion's Belt on Star Trek LE by Martin from Head2Head pinball. Check out this Twitch clip of it in action:
https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousObesePuddingKappaClaus

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The first documented install of Orion's Belt on Star Trek LE by Martin from Head2Head pinball. Check out this Twitch clip of it in action:
[quoted image]

But I'm sure Ryan C installed them for Martin. Lol but I'm probably right. And yes JJP said good thing about PinStadium.

#3514 5 years ago

Here’s a video of my SW Premium at the end game sequence...
Gives a good idea on how the Orion’s Belt enhances the lighting in the game that much more.
Already had a set of Pin Stadiums installed (with the UV Flasher option).

Pretty freaking awesome... thinking of doing the same thing for my Star Trek Pro machine next!

Quoted from pinstadium:

I believe you are one of the first to install Orion’s Belt on SW, congratulations!!
I’m glad that you were able to find the best locations for the flashers. Star Wars has many options for sure and I can only imagine what it looks like on that machine. Very exciting....
You are correct, if you attach one of the Orion’s Belt triggers onto a bulb that stays on (like a GIj it will override the other triggers, making it will think that it is constantly going. The code on Orion’s is design to prooerly sequence, and it will be waiting for that to finish.
This is the perfect time to great mention this tip. If you experience this, just be sure to check your trigger points and move it to a flasher. That will resolve it right away. Thanks for mentioning this as this will help others with their install.
We would all love to see that light show. What you will need to do is capture a video on your phone and then post it up on YouTube. Then paste the link into your post here and it will embed it so we can all watch it.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

[quoted image]

Any idea what triggers are being used here?

#3516 5 years ago

Before/After. Pictures don't do it justice. As with other games, the glare removal is as impressive as the lighting improvement. This game has standard Stern glass installed. Very hard to justify the need for anti-glare glass, that I've always thought isn't worth the bang for the buck.

snaroff

IMG_0914 (resized).jpegIMG_0914 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

But I'm sure Ryan C installed them for Martin. Lol but I'm probably right. And yes JJP said good thing about PinStadium.

He actually installed them himself! He’s getting pretty good at that now.

#3518 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

He actually installed them himself! He’s getting pretty good at that now.

There are a lot of installs happening right now with Pin Stadiums since a lot of shipments are now arriving. Just as a reminder make sure you have the GI and Flasher cables set up like this.

91CA0512-DA1D-4AEB-9D8D-A1AEB28279EF (resized).png91CA0512-DA1D-4AEB-9D8D-A1AEB28279EF (resized).png
#3519 5 years ago

If the flasher and GI cables are reversed then the UV+Glow will be on all the time and will drown out the Pin Stadium GI making it appears as though the GI lights are not changing colors with the app. Just switch them around and voila !! There are many new customers doing the installs and this is an easy mistake to make.

#3520 5 years ago

You ever consider a simple sticker on the card to eliminate questions for owners and future owners. Seems like a simple solution and you do like making image art details. No robots on the decal. Lol.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You ever consider a simple sticker on the card to eliminate questions for owners and future owners. Seems like a simple solution and you do like making image art details. No robots on the decal. Lol.

It is on the board actually if you look at it but you just have to peek a little. I try to keep all the instructions in one spot versus print because I update it so much with better descriptions and fixes. It does not occur often but I like to remind as it does happen.

#3522 5 years ago

In having a hard time figuring out the flasher location for Dialed In. The pictures in the instructions seem to be pointing to two separate connections.

Is it this one with the brown and gray?

20181208_123725 (resized).jpg20181208_123725 (resized).jpg
#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Never mind, that was it.

Okay great glad you found it. You can always email me [email protected] and I can respond faster.

#3525 5 years ago

Here is a pic of the QED flasher connection to make for Dialed In

0EBC5DC8-57D7-45BC-B975-CC1656A912E7 (resized).jpeg0EBC5DC8-57D7-45BC-B975-CC1656A912E7 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3527 5 years ago

Little one handed Indianapolis 500 action with the stadiums. Game really pops. Hooked UV to the left ramp too.

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from Maleko:

Before image: [quoted image]
After video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ydh9NHe3hk1aB4C18

Looking really good all the way from San Diego. Thanks for sharing these pics to us all.

#3529 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Little one handed Indianapolis 500 action with the stadiums. Game really pops. Hooked UV to the left ramp too.

This is a rare bird here in this thread. An Indy 500 with Pin Stadiums! It looks great and I have not seen them in this machine yet until now. The UV+Glow looks good too where you have it triggered from.

#3530 5 years ago

WWF Royal Rumble

9E964CC9-6C90-436A-8D93-8F00B9676391 (resized).jpeg9E964CC9-6C90-436A-8D93-8F00B9676391 (resized).jpeg

014EEA03-1C35-4857-A749-EE30B34AA35F (resized).jpeg014EEA03-1C35-4857-A749-EE30B34AA35F (resized).jpeg

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WWF Royal Rumble
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There a bunch of great machines getting “Stadiumed”!! That Royal Rumble looks absolutely royal now. What a big difference that made chuckwurt

#3532 5 years ago

I purchased Pinstadium with UV for my Simpson’s Pinball Party and Attack from Mars LE. Easy GI connection and followed recommendations for UV flasher connection. I love them so much.

I just received the Pinstadium/UV and Orion’s Belt for my Deadpool LE. I see all of the flashers listed and numbered on earlier posts, but no recommendations for each connection (one for UV flasher and 4 for OB).

I am hoping an incredible light show.

Where is the recommended connections for the UV on the Pinstadium?
Where are the recommended flasher connections for the 4 Orion’s Belt lines?
What color choices look good with each?

I know there are future plans for sharing recommendations in the Pinstadium application. What do I do now? So many choices and I am a bit overwhelmed.

Please help!

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I purchased Pinstadium with UV for my Simpson’s Pinball Party and Attack from Mars LE. Easy GI connection and followed recommendations for UV flasher connection. I love them so much.
I just received the Pinstadium/UV and Orion’s Belt for my Deadpool LE. I see all of the flashers listed and numbered on earlier posts, but no recommendations for each connection (one for UV flasher and 4 for OB).
I am hoping an incredible light show.
Where is the recommended connections for the UV on the Pinstadium?
Where are the recommended flasher connections for the 4 Orion’s Belt lines?
What color choices look good with each?
I know there are future plans for sharing recommendations in the Pinstadium application. What do I do now? So many choices and I am a bit overwhelmed.
Please help!

Sorry I just saw this. Here is a great place time start:

1. Shaker (Blue)
2. Scoop (Red)
3. Left Spinner (White)
4. Disco Ball (Red)

The left spinner flasher is a little tricky (surface mount LED I solders to), so you may want to move that one to another flasher. If you are handy I can send pics of how I connected it. I hope this helps!!

#3534 5 years ago

I wanted to let everyone know there are are a lot of people ordering Pin Stadiums for gifts(requests to disguise the packaging) . Tons of awesome partners ordering them for their pinball fanatic! If you order by next Tuesday. I can still get them to you by Christmas, but the sooner the better since things get busy this time of year. Put these on your Christmas list if you are still trying to make a list

christmas_2018 (resized).pngchristmas_2018 (resized).png
#3535 5 years ago

I just received just email from an operator that ourchssed Pin Stadium for their route:

“An update on PinStadium that I installed on a WoOz at a location with 11 pins.

Looking at the last 4 months of earnings from the location, WoOz was #3 and #4 for 3 of the 4 months. 25% behind the #1 game. I installed PinStadium at the time of the last collection, so we have a full cycle with it and it's now #1, beating the #2 game by a little more than 10%.

Phenomenal earnings kick, without any other changes to the location (Placement, game titles, etc). An upgrade that will pay for itself in less than 2 months.”

#3536 5 years ago

First for all of the Pinstadium fans, I have them on my DI and AS and love them. Here is a different review. I received my newest set and installed them on my WOZ yesterday. Pinstadiums are great for some pins, maybe not for others. During the first game with them, a light board on my playfield went out - I think it was during the UV flash. Related? Maybe, maybe not - never had a board go bad in the 5 years I had it. That aside, before pinstadiums I liked the different light shows and the way the GI would go really dim at times for effect. I put the pinstadiums at low level for color (30%) and White at about 10% to just accent the light to not make it as dark during normal play. The pinstadiums did not turn off as the GI does not turn off (or very rarely does). So the GI option is not really needed in my opinion if you like them on this pin. Even at those low of settings, you do loose some of the lighting effects. The UV flash triggered by the witch flashing LED is just too much. A few seconds of blinding flashes every time the witch goes up and down was not good. Don't get me wrong, I love the short flashes on my DI and AS. If you have the witch red smoke mod, you would likely never see that as the UV flash just floods everything. If there was a way to turn down the flash, it would be better on this pin. Or maybe order it with the red flash to go along with the red smoke mod. Maybe just pinstadiums without the flash option. I like the light shows though, even though the pinstadium "effect" looked good at expo. So for me, it was a good try, but not for me on WOZ. This is not the pinstadium product's fault and I don't blame it. The trigger options are just not that great for this pin.

In the end, after I get a new light board from JJP, I will probably take off the pinstadiums from the WOZ. I might put them on my JJPOTC that hasn't arrived yet. Has anybody removed the magnets from the sides and put them on another pin? Do they still stick?

I'm not intending to bash the pinstadium product, just a review that … maybe it's not for the WOZ if you like the light shows as they are. I know other people do love it on WOZ to brighten it up. Opinions are not wrong … I just felt that I should speak up so that others will know what to expect and maybe help them to decide on options for this pin. I would have tried red flash and no GI triggering option if I knew what I know now. Just my opinion. Did I mention that I love them on DI and AS?

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

First for all of the Pinstadium fans, I have them on my DI and AS and love them. Here is a different review. I received my newest set and installed them on my WOZ yesterday. Pinstadiums are great for some pins, maybe not for others. During the first game with them, a light board on my playfield went out - I think it was during the UV flash. Related? Maybe, maybe not - never had a board go bad in the 5 years I had it. That aside, before pinstadiums I liked the different light shows and the way the GI would go really dim at times for effect. I put the pinstadiums at low level for color (30%) and White at about 10% to just accent the light to not make it as dark during normal play. The pinstadiums did not turn off as the GI does not turn off (or very rarely does). So the GI option is not really needed in my opinion if you like them on this pin. Even at those low of settings, you do loose some of the lighting effects. The UV flash triggered by the witch flashing LED is just too much. A few seconds of blinding flashes every time the witch goes up and down was not good. Don't get me wrong, I love the short flashes on my DI and AS. If you have the witch red smoke mod, you would likely never see that as the UV flash just floods everything. If there was a way to turn down the flash, it would be better on this pin. Or maybe order it with the red flash to go along with the red smoke mod. Maybe just pinstadiums without the flash option. I like the light shows though, even though the pinstadium "effect" looked good at expo. So for me, it was a good try, but not for me on WOZ. This is not the pinstadium product's fault and I don't blame it. The trigger options are just not that great for this pin.
In the end, after I get a new light board from JJP, I will probably take off the pinstadiums from the WOZ. I might put them on my JJPOTC that hasn't arrived yet. Has anybody removed the magnets from the sides and put them on another pin? Do they still stick?
I'm not intending to bash the pinstadium product, just a review that … maybe it's not for the WOZ if you like the light shows as they are. I know other people do love it on WOZ to brighten it up. Opinions are not wrong … I just felt that I should speak up so that others will know what to expect and maybe help them to decide on options for this pin. I would have tried red flash and no GI triggering option if I knew what I know now. Just my opinion. Did I mention that I love them on DI and AS?

Very fair opinion nothing wrong with that. Regarding the WOZ board going out would you consider sending me a PM to share which board and what actually went out. NOT blaming the PS lights but I installed them on my WOZ and granted don't play the game that often (maybe a dozen times) and the entire lower GI went dead? I started noticing the PS lights flickering more often then playfield out. Just curious which model and boardset you have in your WOZ if you would share that with me to help me decide what to do next. As the boards are known to be weak maybe the additional lights was not a good decision? Again Not blaming the PS lights just wondering if they are to much load on this board set. Thanks.

FYI- Regarding removing them. DO use caution. I posted this previously in another post. The Only time I ever tried to remove PS lights was on my WOZ as I finally found a side art package I liked. While slowly pulling the magnet tape off it pulled off a Lot of the wood (yes wood!) cabinet with it! Good glue? Poor cabinet? Don't know just be Careful and pull Up and Back as you peel or you will end up with wood tape! lol

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Very fair opinion nothing wrong with that. Regarding the WOZ board going out would you consider sending me a PM to share which board and what actually went out. NOT blaming the PS lights but I installed them on my WOZ and granted don't play the game that often (maybe a dozen times) and the entire lower GI went dead? I started noticing the PS lights flickering more often then playfield out. Just curious which model and boardset you have in your WOZ if you would share that with me to help me decide what to do next. As the boards are known to be weak maybe the additional lights was not a good decision? Again Not blaming the PS lights just wondering if they are to much load on this board set. Thanks.
FYI- Regarding removing them. DO use caution. I posted this previously in another post. The Only time I ever tried to remove PS lights was on my WOZ as I finally found a side art package I liked. While slowly pulling the magnet tape off it pulled off a Lot of the wood (yes wood!) cabinet with it! Good glue? Poor cabinet? Don't know just be Careful and pull Up and Back as you peel or you will end up with wood tape! lol

Of my current 5 games, WoZ is also for me the one I think that these lights do the least for (aside from the dim GI enhancement I have it set for that is). I agree about the UV flashing on the witch too, and I remember feeling a bit wary on the UV vs. Red flasher decision as well. Perhaps that would have been the wiser choice, hard to say without being able to see the red however. It is what it is. I do absolutely rave over the stadium lights on my other 4 machines though. Not only for the good GI, but the UV flashers are a great compliment on all of them as well.

When you mentioned removing the magnets, it occurred to me that in my experience, many "stick on" adhesives do loosen a bit with some heat. I wonder if some gentle warming with a hairdryer might help here. Just a thought..

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hey thanks for posting this up and your review of them. The Pin Stadiums do not draw any power from the boards as I am simply signal sensing what the LED board is doing. There are hundreds of WOZ machines out there with the Pin Stadiums installed reliably. Heck Jack himself even recommends them too!! However my guess is one of these things occurred:

The wire taps were touching ever so slightly when you they inserted into the connector on the board or that the connector got damaged during the install, or it was inserted into the wrong pins (this is what I am thinking since you didn’t see much or any GI interactivity). Those little GI boards are delicate at times as we all know.

If you have an ECLE then you will need to trigger them from the spotlight on the right for the throne room which stays on most of the time. This connection method is necessary because of the voltage on that older version of WOZ is low with the older board set, which means that you can’t trigger the Pin Stadiums from the inserts like you can on all of the other versions.

So depending on which model of WOZ you have, the connection is different for the Pin Stadiums. There are some detailed instructions for anyone wondering how to connect them on your version of WOZ. Here is the link and it’s under Step 1 of the JJP section under WOZ: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

One thing to keep in mind with WOZ is that the way it is designed, the GI is in most of the time but it’s not very pronounced, so when you add the Pin Stadiums and connect to the LED insert you will see some major results. This is why I use the methods suggested on the website because it adds that extra punch to the machine and for so many modes including “Lights Out” it is very appropriate.

For anyone with Pin Stadiums, it has become normal for us to see this massive GI interaction be because of this. However for anyone that does not have them on the machine you can observe this easily. Or if you have the Pin Stadiums, power them off and watch the factory GI and how it behaves. You might be very surprised what you see . They are on non stop for the most part. We get so used to the Pin Stadiums that this gets overlooked.

Regardless you will still need the GI module as that is what allows the hardwired connection to the machine. On all WOZ machines after ECLE then you will definitely be get some major GI interactivity! If you did not see that activity on yours then this would indicate that they were installed in the incorrect pins on the machine. If you need help with that please email me some pics ([email protected]) and I can walk you through it.

Regarding the UV+Glow, most everyone loves them on that machine and about 98% order them for that, but as with anything it all comes down to personal preference for sure. The machine controls the intensity of those, but a great ways to offset the brightness is to turn up the GI white lights in the app to offset the contrast of the GI versus the UV+Glow when it Flashers. If you have it at 30% then it’s going to have a relative higher visual contrast. Try bumping it up a little or you can easily disconnect the UV too.

Another thing you can do is to connect to the white LED on the other side of the witch for a really nice soft glow. I think you will really like that. Email me and I will show you how to do it. Basically you just move the top pin from the flasher connection down to the bottom, just leave the center one where it is.

Anyways I hope this helps out. As always, love the posts and feedback. This gives me a chance to help explains and details things to help you all out as much as I can. You guys are amazing and thanks for the outstanding support of the product!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The GI boards are definitely sensitive on that machine so again now power being drawn, so it’s one of the scenario listed above. 2.0 WOZ boards are much more reliable and the kinks have been worked out in those. It’s worth upgrading to them, a little bit of work but definitely worth it.

As far as removing the Magna Mounts for installing art blades etc, if you use a little heat from a hair dryer or low setting on a heat gun then they will come off very cleanly and easily.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Of my current 5 games, WoZ is also for me the one I think that these lights do the least for (aside from the dim GI enhancement I have it set for that is). I agree about the UV flashing on the witch too, and I remember feeling a bit wary on the UV vs. Red flasher decision as well. Perhaps that would have been the wiser choice, hard to say without being able to see the red however. It is what it is. I do absolutely rave over the stadium lights on my other 4 machines though. Not only for the good GI, but the UV flashers are a great compliment on all of them as well.
When you mentioned removing the magnets, it occurred to me that in my experience, many "stick on" adhesives do loosen a bit with some heat. I wonder if some gentle warming with a hairdryer might help here. Just a thought..

Yes this is a great example of the ECLE machine and GI method of connection mentioned in my previous post on this version of WOZ. Perfect example of how the Pin Stadiums are enhancing the GI by connecting to the insert boards, but when you connect to the actually GI itself (the spotlight in this case) then you see there is not much going on. My theory is that this is due to the dark nature of the machine and that JJP simply wanted to give you as much illumination as possible so it's on most all the time.

You are correct, a little heat and the Magna-Mounts will remove with ease.

#3542 5 years ago

KingBW Here is what I was suggesting for your alternate UV+Glow trigger method that will give you a soft glow. I hope this helps! Email me with any questions.

woz_alternate_flasher (resized).pngwoz_alternate_flasher (resized).png
#3543 5 years ago

There is a new podcast out on iTunes that I listened to recently called Slap Save. They have 2 episodes and these guys were fun to listen to. What's interesting is that one of them is a long time Pin Stadium customer and the other was a recent convert to Pin Stadiums who was previoulsy on the fence

Check them out here:

https://slapsave.podbean.com/

Their podcasts are around 30 minutes for a convenient quick fix listen when you are on the go. Definitely worth checking out and they even have a live voicemail comment line listed:

"314.529.1875 Leave a message. We may use it on the show!"

Pretty cool SDTMinSTL

slapsave_firstpost (resized).jpgslapsave_firstpost (resized).jpg

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Please help!

Funny you should ask: I have completed the building out of the Pin Stadiums/Orion's Belt Pinball Database where we can all collectively as a group add our pictures and suggested recommendations. This will be what will be used for you and other customer's on the website and in future updates in the app to get this information. This is HUGE and has been something I know you all have been asking about for some time. It's ready now, but I need help for all of you to update the machines so we can collectively make this robust and useful. Even better it’s powered by Pinside, thanks robin !!

Here it is:
https://pinstadium.com/add-installation-instructions/

#3545 5 years ago
pinball_database_pinstadium (resized).pngpinball_database_pinstadium (resized).png
#3546 5 years ago

I am the "convert" that is described by pinstadium above. It is true. I am now enlightened after being a stubborn skeptic.

I feel that these lights, their ease of install, their polished implementation and included app make them greater than the sum of their parts. It is much more than "bright lights" which I erroneously wrote them off as, before seeing them in person.

Thanks for the mention by the way. It's early, but we are hitting the ground running and there is no shortage of determinism. We are not sponsored or affiliated with Pinstadium in anyway, so his mention is just his style, an enthusiastic pinhead, who just happens to sell a great product.

#3547 5 years ago

I have PinStadium mods for all of my pins. Just installed on my JJPOTC LE and Scott has been great (as usual) at offering support.

Here's the before and after shots...

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I have PinStadium mods for all of my pins. Just installed on my JJPOTC LE and Scott has been great (as usual) at offering support.
Here's the before and after shots...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks awesome. I have been waiting to see someone do this POTC before pulling the trigger. Looks great thanks for the persuasion. Lol

#3549 5 years ago

deleted duplicate

#3550 5 years ago

Are there any issues with the manga mounts sticking to Stern art blades? They kinda have that grainy finish which usually doesn’t lend itself for sticking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/71?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.