(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 165.
#3451 5 years ago

I have had a few questions about how to reset Orion’s Belt. It will be the same process as the Pin Stadiums.

https://pinstadium.com/app-faqs/

Once you reset them you should see the lights change through color sequences red, green,blue, and white. At that point you will see the “LEDNet******” network in your mobile device’s WiFi settings. Tap on that and connect to it. From there you should be good to go!

When labeling your devices in the app you can use the naming convention something like this:

Wizard of OZ
Wizard of OZ(OB)

Of course “OB” will help you to identify the Orion’s Belt for WOZ!

#3452 5 years ago

Special weekend and last sale of the year guys!

$40 off Pin Stadiums and Orion's Belt now through Monday for Cyber Weekend. Happy holidays and thank you for your amazing support this year!

Use code: "cyber"

==

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
black_cyber_2018_PINSTADIUM (resized).pngblack_cyber_2018_PINSTADIUM (resized).png

#3453 5 years ago

Just ordered 2, one for Dialed In and one for Iron Maiden. Can't wait!

#3454 5 years ago

Quick update on the JJP Pirates with Pinstadiums. Hooked the shaker motor to the flasher. Love the effect. Turned off the white lights and turned on RGB to blue. Really adds to the underwater effect. Notice what else is missing? A half dozen spot lights!!! They just got in the way of being able to see everything. Don’t miss them at all! Connected the GI on the Pinstadiums to the open connector for the spots I took out.

D345832A-E56C-4875-BFEE-242D7C3C2EE3 (resized).jpegD345832A-E56C-4875-BFEE-242D7C3C2EE3 (resized).jpeg40CD919E-8280-4F3D-B4BC-8D76EDB38F44 (resized).jpeg40CD919E-8280-4F3D-B4BC-8D76EDB38F44 (resized).jpeg

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Just ordered 2, one for Dialed In and one for Iron Maiden. Can't wait!

Hey thank you for your order. Wow your DI and Iron Maiden are in for quite the treat! Looking forward to hearing your impression of them once you get the Pin Stadiums installed. Thanks for your support!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Quick update on the JJP Pirates with Pinstadiums. Hooked the shaker motor to the flasher. Love the effect. Turned off the white lights and turned on RGB to blue. Really adds to the underwater effect. Notice what else is missing? A half dozen spot lights!!! They just got in the way of being able to see everything. Don’t miss them at all! Connected the GI on the Pinstadiums to the open connector for the spots I took out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a lot of spotlights coming out of that machine! Love it and congrats on getting your POTC and then adding the Pin Stadiums. Sounds like you are working your way through the capabilities and settings of the app too. Looks great and thanks for sharing this post with all of us!

#3457 5 years ago

Went back several pages in this post and couldn’t see if someone already indicated the best flashers to hook the Orion’s Belt up to in a Stern Star Wars machine?
I got my invisi-shields and my Orion’s Belt today and are looking to hook them up tomorrow under the pinstadiums in my SW machine... Any advice?

Thanks!

#3458 5 years ago

This product is simply amazing. I have this running on my MET. The install was very easy after figuring out which flashers you hook up to. The great thing is this allows you to switch connections up easily. I have the red flasher hooked up to the right ramp, the green flasher is hooked up to the left ramp, the blue flasher is hooked up to the grave marker targets, and I have the white flasher on the coffin hammer.

This setup along with the uv flash from the original Pinstadium kit is simply amazing. The light show this provides is breathtaking.

The way the lights go on and off is very elegant and in my opinion enhances the game.

If you are looking for a mod that will take your game to the next level. This is what you want!

If you are on the fence about buying these, pm me, and I will send you a couple of videos.

I give this product an A+

Thank you Scott!

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Went back several pages in this post and couldn’t see if someone already indicated the best flashers to hook the Orion’s Belt up to in a Stern Star Wars machine?
I got my invisi-shields and my Orion’s Belt today and are looking to hook them up tomorrow under the pinstadiums in my SW machine... Any advice?
Thanks!

You will be one of the first to install them, however the best thing to do is to lookup the manual from the Stern website or IPDB for other machines and find the “Light Reference” section that shows the flashers. Also even easier is just going to the flashers in the Settings of the machine. This is what I do and it gives you an immediate visual and location reference for your plan of attack. Also keep in mind you can trigger from any 4v-24v source (not on a switch matrix). So inlay bulbs, shaker motor etc. Be sure to check your manual if you are unsure of the voltage.

Here’s is the Star Wars manual:
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star/pro

I have highlighted in purple. Let me me know if you have any questions I’m here to help.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
742BCC1C-6378-44EF-A160-9B7328064A60 (resized).jpeg742BCC1C-6378-44EF-A160-9B7328064A60 (resized).jpegBB7CB334-0E8A-4F5F-82B5-2880A8554BAD (resized).jpegBB7CB334-0E8A-4F5F-82B5-2880A8554BAD (resized).jpeg

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from eg2k83:

This product is simply amazing. I have this running on my MET. The install was very easy after figuring out which flashers you hook up to. The great thing is this allows you to switch connections up easily. I have the red flasher hooked up to the right ramp, the green flasher is hooked up to the left ramp, the blue flasher is hooked up to the grave marker targets, and I have the white flasher on the coffin hammer.
This setup along with the uv flash from the original Pinstadium kit is simply amazing. The light show this provides is breathtaking.
The way the lights go on and off is very elegant and in my opinion enhances the game.
If you are looking for a mod that will take your game to the next level. This is what you want!
If you are on the fence about buying these, pm me, and I will send you a couple of videos.
I give this product an A+
Thank you Scott!

I am so happy that you installed the Orion's Belt and of all machines, Metallica! With that new code and the new lighting updates it will make it even more impactful. I saw the videos you had sent to me and I will have to be honest I was blown away myself since I had not seen it on Metallica yet I knew that it will do really well with it, but man your machine is now officially the coolest Metallica I have even seen which trumps mine. Now I have to install Orion's Belt on my Metallica after seeing yours.

Thank you also for posting up your specific flasher locations and color selections. That is very helpful for everyone which makes the initial install even easier. I appreciate you taking the time to review Orion's Belt as this was something I have been working on behind that scenes for a little over a year and it is always nice to get confirmation from customer's such as yourself that it was all it was hyped up to be.

After all, you guys and your opinions are what matters to me and I know that everyone likes to hear from customers that have personally used the product because of course I am going to love them. Thanks again and I seriously recommend anyone that is thinking about Orion's Belt to see @eg2k83 's machine!!

#3461 5 years ago
black_cyber_2018_BUFFALO (resized).pngblack_cyber_2018_BUFFALO (resized).png
#3462 5 years ago

I just installe Pinstadium in Congo. It really needed it.

20181124_183908 (resized).jpg20181124_183908 (resized).jpg20181124_183925 (resized).jpg20181124_183925 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just installed Pinstadium in Congo. It really needed it.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just installe Pinstadium in Congo. It really needed it.

Thanks for the pics. It’s nice to see your Congo with them installed. It’s a great game and we had one at the booth at Expo and TPF this year with a kit installed. Yours looks exceptional!! Thanks for posting this up and for your big support of the product.

#3465 5 years ago

I wanted to let you all know that I personally saw the POTC in person that VillaThrills had installed the Pin Stadiums on. When he fired up his machine I could not believe how incredible POTC looked with the lights. Also one of the things I have been trying to find is the best spot for the UV+Glow flasher and it looks like the shaker motor is the way to go!!!

He also handed me a large group of spotlights that he pulled out (the ones posted in the previous pics) and showed me where they were once installed, while explaining that when he removed them it cleared up a lot of visual space in the game too. He also mentioned that he could not even tell they were on once he installed the Pin Stadiums.

Anyways, the machine shot really well and looked like a dream. There was a custom pirates barrel leg mounted cup that his son made which was absolutely beautiful and that sprinkled with Yelobird Mod Couple additions that were really impressive.

For anyone considering these and the Mod Couple mods https://themodcouplepinball.com for JJP Pirates its a big win, promise!!

#3466 5 years ago

Here is the direct link to the Mod Couple items available for JJP POTC: https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-custom-mods-collection

It's worth checking out!

#3467 5 years ago

The last 2 days of Cyber Weekend are remaining.

Secret Code: “cyber”

Http://www.pinstadium.com

8C55BCAB-83E3-441B-9776-137E5AB9D540 (resized).png8C55BCAB-83E3-441B-9776-137E5AB9D540 (resized).png
#3468 5 years ago

Thanks for the info Scott.
So I did the install on my SW Premium machine.
A few of the flashers were not super easy hookups with posts (the flashers on posts for the Tie Fighter for example), so I hooked the 4 clips to the left side flasher, the spinner, the pops and the millennium falcon.

I was able to program the colours using the app and in the machine’s service mode. The Orion’s Belt works perfectly when I’m testing it in the machine’s service mode...

But when I start a game with glass off and throw a ball in the pops or through the spinner, I don’t get any effect like in the test...

Am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, I’ve got the PinStadium hooked up to the right eject flasher and it works beautifully...

Appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Steve

Quoted from pinstadium:

You will be one of the first to install them, however the best thing to do is to lookup the manual from the Stern website or IPDB for other machines and find the “Light Reference” section that shows the flashers. Also even easier is just going to the flashers in the Settings of the machine. This is what I do and it gives you an immediate visual and location reference for your plan of attack. Also keep in mind you can trigger from any 4v-24v source (not on a switch matrix). So inlay bulbs, shaker motor etc. Be sure to check your manual if you are unsure of the voltage.
Here’s is the Star Wars manual:
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star/pro
I have highlighted in purple. Let me me know if you have any questions I’m here to help.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Thanks for the info Scott.
So I did the install on my SW Premium machine.
A few of the flashers were not super easy hookups with posts (the flashers on posts for the Tie Fighter for example), so I hooked the 4 clips to the left side flasher, the spinner, the pops and the millennium falcon.
I was able to program the colours using the app and in the machine’s service mode. The Orion’s Belt works perfectly when I’m testing it in the machine’s service mode...
But when I start a game with glass off and throw a ball in the pops or through the spinner, I don’t get any effect like in the test...
Am I doing something wrong?
As an aside, I’ve got the PinStadium hooked up to the right eject flasher and it works beautifully...
Appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Steve

When the flashers bulb terminals are not easily accessible then you can use the wire taps to connect to them. You will need to just trace the flasher wire down to the connector and then pressure fit those into that connector. There are two methods that you can use.

1. You can open that flasher connector up and then bend the end of the wire tap at a right angle then insert it in the female side of the connector (pic attached) then close the connector back together.

2. For connectors where this is not possible, you can pressure fit the wire tap from behind where the wire goes in. Find the side that is the tightest (smallest gap between wire and connector housing) and then pull that factory wire away from the housing. Next you will pressure fit the wire tap in there.

Next bend the opposing end of the wire tap all the way over on top of the black barrel that it comes out of like in the attached example. This gives you enough girth to securely clip the alligators to that.

——

Next regarding the flasher behavior on Star Wars. My intitial guess is that you have it connected to a bulb/spotlight that is on all the time and that is overriding the Orion’s Belt. They are designed to flash in sequence once the first event trigger finishes then it goes to the next.

So if it is connected to something that is on all the time or stays on during those flasher moments then it will not allow the others to trigger.

I would try moving taking one connection off at a time and see which one it is. Then once you find the offending one you can move it to another. If you are having troubles feel free to let me know what flashers you are triggering off of (based upon the pic above in the previous post) and I can look at my SW to help recommend a location.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
08F50283-744C-4E5B-8699-3AEBEB997A13 (resized).jpeg08F50283-744C-4E5B-8699-3AEBEB997A13 (resized).jpeg4D1280A2-6C54-418D-9204-1210A8279C0F (resized).jpeg4D1280A2-6C54-418D-9204-1210A8279C0F (resized).jpeg56E99BD3-91D0-40C8-8FDB-F063A2045A75 (resized).jpeg56E99BD3-91D0-40C8-8FDB-F063A2045A75 (resized).jpeg

#3470 5 years ago
35FA8E19-8B36-416F-B735-1589B894922C (resized).jpeg35FA8E19-8B36-416F-B735-1589B894922C (resized).jpeg999BA68F-3B88-45A2-9A4A-CBE71E845471 (resized).jpeg999BA68F-3B88-45A2-9A4A-CBE71E845471 (resized).jpeg
#3471 5 years ago

Also I recommend to start with using the primary colors in the colors wheel for the brightest and most impact. Red, Green Blue, and White.

Of course you can dial the flashers into any color you would like if course such as let’s say turquoise (lights blue with some green) and it will be that color but less bold and intense as a solid. Remember to you can mix white in also etc.

Also the White (stand alone) is a POWERFUL vivid diamond white that is a great “go to” when you are trying to decide the best color for a particular flasher. It’s safe and effective.

Overtime as we collectively figure out the best locations and colors for each specific game it’s going to be awesome!!

I mean it will look excellent just hooking them up with the factory default colors (Red, Green, Blue, and White), but you will find that some colors or trigger locations won’t look as good for a certain game. You may end up having 2 of the 4 triggers Red, and the others Blue and White. Or 2 of them white and one Green and the other Red etc. This is the beauty of using the color wheel on the Pin Stadium app to adjust the colors.

This is where the portal link for the website, I plan to post up shortly will be very helpful for us all to post our settings, locations, pics, and notes for both Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt.

Once you get them dialed in, will be VERY impressive.

#3472 5 years ago

Ordered a kit for my TZ. Looking forward to it!

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ordered a kit for my TZ. Looking forward to it!

Thank you for your order. I saw it come through earlier for your TZ. Exciting!!! Thanks for your support. Tracking will be sent this week when it goes to ship.

#3474 5 years ago

Thanks Scott.
I think you may be right...
I had one of the connectors into the Millenium Falcon but I realize now that light stays on pretty much through the entire game.
I appreciate the advice on the harder places to tap into the flashers.
I’ll give that a try on some of the other flashers and will let you know.

I can see how the effect will be pretty awesome when it gets going!

As you said, trial and error with something new...

Thanks again!
Steve

Quoted from pinstadium:

When the flashers bulb terminals are not easily accessible then you can use the wire taps to connect to them. You will need to just trace the flasher wire down to the connector and then pressure fit those into that connector. There are two methods that you can use.
1. You can open that flasher connector up and then bend the end of the wire tap at a right angle then insert it in the female side of the connector (pic attached)
2. Or for connectors where this is not possible, you can pressures fot the wire tap from behind where the wire goes in. Find the side that is the tightest (smallest gap between wire and connector housing) and then pull that factory wire away from the housing. Next you will pressure for the wire tap in there.
Next bend the opposing end of the wire tap all the way over on top of the black barrel that it comes out of like in the attached example. This gives you enough girth to securely clip the alligators to that.
——
Next regarding the flasher behavior on Star Wars. My intitiak guess is that you have it connector to a bulb/spotlight that is on all the time and that is overriding the Orion’s Belts. They are designed to flash in sequence once the first event trigger finishes then it goes to the next.
So if it is connected to something that is on all the time or stays on during those flasher moments then it will not allow the others to trigger.
I would try moving taking one connection off at a time and see which one it is. Then once you find the offending one you can move it to another. If you are having troubles feel free to let me know what flashers you are triggering off of (based upon the pic above in the previous post) and I can look at my SW to help recommend a location.
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Thanks Scott.
I think you may be right...
I had one of the connectors into the Millenium Falcon but I realize now that light stays on pretty much through the entire game.
I appreciate the advice on the harder places to tap into the flashers.
I’ll give that a try on some of the other flashers and will let you know.
I can see how the effect will be pretty awesome when it gets going!
As you said, trial and error with something new...
Thanks again!
Steve

Okay I am glad that helped. I just corrected all my typos in that last reply. Sorry I was trying to get a response to you as soon as I could. I’m glad you translated it well.

Yes what you found is exactly what I was referring to. That would definitely cause what you experienced. Keep me posted and let me know how it goes.

#3476 5 years ago

I have a TZ and was wondering if just the basic pinstadium for $159 will do it justice? Do I need the GI module? What does that exactly do?

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I have a TZ and was wondering if just the basic pinstadium for $159 will do it justice? Do I need the GI module? What does that exactly do?

Any time there's an effect that turns the lights off or dims them in the machine, the pinstadium strips will shut off or dim too. If you don't have the module, there's no interactivity from the pinstadium lights. From what I remember, there are modes in Twilight Zone that would use that.

If you just want light in the machine, just turn on your lights or buy some $30 led strips on ebay honestly. I'd definitely go with the full GI module plus UV glow flashers. TZ would look awesome with the UV flashers.

#3478 5 years ago

Any time there's an effect that turns the lights off or dims them in the machine, the pinstadium strips will shut off or dim too. If you don't have the module, there's no interactivity from the pinstadium lights. From what I remember, there are modes in Twilight Zone that would use that.
If you just want light in the machine, just turn on your lights or buy some $30 led strips on ebay honestly. I'd definitely go with the full GI module plus UV glow flashers. TZ would look awesome with the UV flashers.

Yes you are correct there is a lot of GI interactivity that goes on with most any pinball machine and the Bally/Williams in particular just have such dim lighting that we don't realize how much the programmers actually put into the game. It is just hard to see or notice with the factory lighting. That is one of many things that the Pin Stadiums will do that makes a huge impact on your game.

#3479 5 years ago

Here are some pics of what you can expect for the results on Twilight Zone.

E79398FE-727D-4480-86B2-338058BAD448 (resized).jpegE79398FE-727D-4480-86B2-338058BAD448 (resized).jpeg1065FF06-A737-4186-8650-647D3DC8DE70 (resized).jpeg1065FF06-A737-4186-8650-647D3DC8DE70 (resized).jpeg

#3480 5 years ago

Last night for the Cyber discounts!! Use code: “sdtm”. Thank you SDTM for all you do for us!! You guys are amazing.

684BFF6B-6A04-4F75-9F53-994AF933A20C (resized).png684BFF6B-6A04-4F75-9F53-994AF933A20C (resized).png
#3481 5 years ago

Hi Scott,

I need to try to make extension cables for these buttons. I'm afraid this just isn't working for me. Opening everything all the way just to tune something and have to put it all back to check the results each time is just too much. Can you suggest a good way to do this? Do the buttons have small solder joints I can solder on to? would it be best to unsolder the buttons and tap into where they were? I have not yet unwrapped any of the plastic shielding around the board. My first install sits unchanged, and my second kit remains in the shipping tube at the moment because of all of this. ugh.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give on doing this.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Hi Scott,
I need to try to make extension cables for these buttons. I'm afraid this just isn't working for me. Opening everything all the way just to tune something and have to put it all back to check the results each time is just too much. Can you suggest a good way to do this? Do the buttons have small solder joints I can solder on to? would it be best to unsolder the buttons and tap into where they were? I have not yet unwrapped any of the plastic shielding around the board. My first install sits unchanged, and my second kit remains in the shipping tube at the moment because of all of this. ugh.
Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give on doing this.

The key to this is not to wrap the machine up all the way once you get them connected, versus like you would normally do with Pin Stadiums.

Setup on these is a little more involved as you are dialing in 4 Flashers compared to Pin Stadium you just set up the GI colors and are done.

If you change the routine to this, versus the normal Pin Stadium “set and go” method, this will help a ton. You won’t have to dig back into the machine over and over.

What I do is leave the playfield propped up resting using the playfield support rails on the front of the cabinet (not vertical). This way you can have access to the module where they rest and see the flashers/playfield. Then you can walk through the machine flasher settings to test the triggers and colors: Settings/Diagnostics/Flasher. If you need to reprogram it then it will be right in your hands for instant programming.

You can then simultaneously program it and test the flashers at the same time. Once you get them working and to your liking with colors/triggers then it would be fine put the machine back together. Once you get the dialed in then you should be good. Feel free to call or text me as you have my number. I can walk you through this and explain.

There have been many installs done and it’s a new product so I am happy to help as always and guide you through it. Calling me may be better so I can help you more efficiently. I’m here for you.

#3483 5 years ago

Several customers are installing the Orion’s Belt on Stern Star Trek. I am posting these up here also to help others with locating the flashers for installation.

02F452A4-0DCD-4C41-83E1-06B806325B32 (resized).jpeg02F452A4-0DCD-4C41-83E1-06B806325B32 (resized).jpeg1FF81397-7193-4E9B-B6C2-0C65CE09D18A (resized).jpeg1FF81397-7193-4E9B-B6C2-0C65CE09D18A (resized).jpeg
#3484 5 years ago

Any pics of pin stadium on NGG?

#3485 5 years ago

Yes I found some pics someone posted. There have been many Pin Stadiums sold for NGG. Big improvement!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/21#post-4090719

#3486 5 years ago

I've never understood why people make their NGG's blue or purple. It's supposed to be a golf course! Make it green.

#3487 5 years ago

I've never understood why people make their NGG's blue or purple. It's supposed to be a golf course! Make it green.

The good news is the Pin Stadium app is your friend with this one

#3488 5 years ago

The word is getting out about Orion's Belt and the results and responses are excellent. Can't wait to see what you all are doing with them on your games. A lot of possibilities and customizations are possible.

orions_expand2 (resized).pngorions_expand2 (resized).png
#3489 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:The key to this is not to wrap the machine up all the way once you get them connected, versus like you would normally do with Pin Stadiums.
Setup on these is a little more involved as you are dialing in 4 Flashers compared to Pin Stadium you just set up the GI colors and are done.
If you change the routine to this, versus the normal Pin Stadium “set and go” method, this will help a ton. You won’t have to dig back into the machine over and over.
What I do is leave the playfield propped up resting using the playfield support rails on the front of the cabinet (not vertical). This way you can have access to the module where they rest and see the flashers/playfield. Then you can walk through the machine flasher settings to test the triggers and colors: Settings/Diagnostics/Flasher. If you need to reprogram it then it will be right in your hands for instant programming.
You can then simultaneously program it and test the flashers at the same time. Once you get them working and to your liking with colors/triggers then it would be fine put the machine back together. Once you get the dialed in then you should be good. Feel free to call or text me as you have my number. I can walk you through this and explain.
There have been many installs done and it’s a new product so I am happy to help as always and guide you through it. Calling me may be better so I can help you more efficiently. I’m here for you.

Hi Scott, Thanks for the thought, I'd love for that to work but i'm afraid it is not the same leaving things open and just trying to guess how it will be. The game needs to be tested in play and not just with the flasher tests. Here is why:

-The flashers often fire in different sequences with particular timing. There is no way to emulate this with flasher tests.
-There are many cases, even in sequence, of multiple flashers timed together as well. It is again not possible to see this with a flasher test, nor can one see the orion "conflict resolution" in the sequence with any test menus.
-There are instances of flashers firing with GI + Pinstadium On, as well as GI+Pinstadium off. these look different as well and can not be replicated with any test menu. Additionally there are instances of Orion flashers combining with Pinstadium Flashers. This is also not possible to "test" without actually being in play.
-The above three describe why this is not possible, but a third reason here that it not desirable anyhow even if this were possible - the playfield simply does not look the same when you have the playfield propped up and the lights on top of its, as it does in a dimly lit room with the lights properly mounted in its cabinet.

Again, in short, the only way to really see how it is going to look and act is to have the machine all together, and play a test game.
I'm afraid the only way to really solve these things is for me to make some sort of "button extension". Can you give me any input on the best way I might do this before I open up the controller board wrapper?
Many thanks!

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Hi Scott, Thanks for the thought, I'd love for that to work but i'm afraid it is not the same leaving things open and just trying to guess how it will be. The game needs to be tested in play and not just with the flasher tests. Here is why:
-The flashers often fire in different sequences with particular timing. There is no way to emulate this with flasher tests.
-There are many cases, even in sequence, of multiple flashers timed together as well. It is again not possible to see this with a flasher test, nor can one see the orion "conflict resolution" in the sequence with any test menus.
-There are instances of flashers firing with GI + Pinstadium On, as well as GI+Pinstadium off. these look different as well and can not be replicated with any test menu. Additionally there are instances of Orion flashers combining with Pinstadium Flashers. This is also not possible to "test" without actually being in play.
-The above three describe why this is not possible, but a third reason here that it not desirable anyhow even if this were possible - the playfield simply does not look the same when you have the playfield propped up and the lights on top of its, as it does in a dimly lit room with the lights properly mounted in its cabinet.
Again, in short, the only way to really see how it is going to look and act is to have the machine all together, and play a test game.
I'm afraid the only way to really solve these things is for me to make some sort of "button extension". Can you give me any input on the best way I might do this before I open up the controller board wrapper?
Many thanks!

Gameplay definitely is helpful to truly test the settings for sure. Wiring onto that board would be messy and difficult.

I did some testing and I found an easy solution for setup/testing that would solve your situation. It would be for you to put the flasher module temporarily over the back of the machine over the backboard (playfield side) clear of the playfield. So you would run the Orion’s Belt ribbon cables through the clamps then bring the module back up.

Here you can then instantly access the buttons, and once you have it dialed in you can then place it back in the bottom of the cabinet where it would normally reside.

#3491 5 years ago

Curious and understand elf70 point though I have not used the Orion setup directly. Depending on the length of the Orion cable would it not be possible to simply install lights and slide the magic button card up through the large hole in the back box and lay it in there or double stick tape it to the box side by the speaker? That way you only need to leave the back glass off for your adjustments and technically you could leave it in there?? Would certainly be more accessible than ripping all those lights down each time. Just a suggestion.

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious and understand elf70 point though I have not used the Orion setup directly. Depending on the length of the Orion cable would it not be possible to simply install lights and slide the magic button card up through the large hole in the back box and lay it in there or double stick tape it to the box side by the speaker? That way you only need to leave the back glass off for your adjustments and technically you could leave it in there?? Would certainly be more accessible than ripping all those lights down each time. Just a suggestion.

Yes. That’s actually a really good idea to rest it up there and would be easier to access too. Thanks Yelobird !!

#3493 5 years ago

Apologies if I missed it in previous posts, but any examples of pinstadium installed in a Williams Indiana Jones? Best flasher location?

Found plenty of Maiden examples and even a sttng example. I expect to order 3 sets this week for those three titles, so trying to get some visuals on Indy before I place the order.

Thanks!

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Apologies if I missed it in previous posts, but any examples of pinstadium installed in a Williams Indiana Jones? Best flasher location?
Found plenty of Maiden examples and even a sttng example. I expect to order 3 sets this week for those three titles, so trying to get some visuals on Indy before I place the order.
Thanks!

Hey no problem it’s a long long thread! Here is a post of IJ with the Pin Stadiums. It’s a dramatic change!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/47#post-4454437

#3495 5 years ago

Here are some pics of JJP Pirates from the Pincinnati show in a very dark room!

4854FB75-578A-4382-B979-4106099E2DAF (resized).jpeg4854FB75-578A-4382-B979-4106099E2DAF (resized).jpeg51DFD1D1-9953-42D2-948A-92ADA41EF6A5 (resized).jpeg51DFD1D1-9953-42D2-948A-92ADA41EF6A5 (resized).jpeg552CD2C2-0B84-44A8-97F0-93847374E7ED (resized).jpeg552CD2C2-0B84-44A8-97F0-93847374E7ED (resized).jpeg
#3496 5 years ago

Today is the last day for the Pincinnati event. There are some really high end top notch machines here. Don’t miss the last day because it will be another year until the next . It was packed for good reason, and low to no wait for gameplay. Excellent job boys!! chuckwurt

AFF788EE-94CA-4F4A-8346-C7348D943D2C (resized).jpegAFF788EE-94CA-4F4A-8346-C7348D943D2C (resized).jpeg
#3497 5 years ago

I was able to grab some pics of Spooky’s Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle Pinball (ACNC) at the Pincinnati show (before pic on the left). I matched it up next to an earlier post in this thread of an ACNC with the Pin Stadiums. This is an excellent example of how the brilliant artwork on this machine will come alive with them installed!

87300353-77F0-44C4-86A0-1D37FCD04C6D (resized).jpeg87300353-77F0-44C4-86A0-1D37FCD04C6D (resized).jpeg
#3498 5 years ago

Did my AS today...before/after. Huge improvement to the back of the pin (toy box and back board). The PF art is stunning and shines when well lit!

snaroff

IMG_0889 (resized).jpegIMG_0889 (resized).jpegIMG_0890 (resized).jpegIMG_0890 (resized).jpeg
#3499 5 years ago

So I got it all fixed up on my Star Wars machine and it really ups the game with the light effects...
The spinner is a must...
I moved one connection from the Millennium Falcon (that kept the OB lights on solid blue) to the left Tie Fighter flasher.
Now when there is Tie Fighter multiball it makes the play field go wild.
I tapped into the flasher and it seems to go off for the left Death Star flasher as well. (No big deal, still looks great)
Put the other two connections on the left play field flasher and the pops at the back of the play field. (My main Pin Stadiums are hooked up to the launcher/right play field flasher so now there’s some “balance”...lol)

So far it looks great!

Not sure how to embed video or I would upload!
The end game sequence is cool...

Quoted from pinstadium:

Also I recommend to start with using the primary colors in the colors wheel for the brightest and most impact. Red, Green Blue, and White.
Of course you can dial the flashers into any color you would like if course such as let’s say turquoise (lights blue with some green) and it will be that color but less bold and intense as a solid. Remember to you can mix white in also etc.
Also the White (stand alone) is a POWERFUL vivid diamond white that is a great “go to” when you are trying to decide the best color for a particular flasher. It’s safe and effective.
Overtime as we collectively figure out the best locations and colors for each specific game it’s going to be awesome!!
I mean it will look excellent just hooking them up with the factory default colors (Red, Green, Blue, and White), but you will find that some colors or trigger locations won’t look as good for a certain game. You may end up having 2 of the 4 triggers Red, and the others Blue and White. Or 2 of them white and one Green and the other Red etc. This is the beauty of using the color wheel on the Pin Stadium app to adjust the colors.
This is where the portal link for the website, I plan to post up shortly will be very helpful for us all to post our settings, locations, pics, and notes for both Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt.
Once you get them dialed in, will be VERY impressive.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Did my AS today...before/after. Huge improvement to the back of the pin (toy box and back board). The PF art is stunning and shines when well lit!
snaroff

Awesome news!! Thank you for taking the time to post these up. I have had many Pin Stadiums ordered for AS but have not seen a lot of pics of them on this thread. Although I know what you are experiencing as I have them personally installed on one myself. Your machine looks incredible

Now you have new game code and the Pin Stadiums!! Thank you very much for your support of the product @snaroff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/70?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.