(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4,395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinstadium. You are on page 6 of 18.
#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Can i preorder an “orions belt”?

The countdown is for Orion’s Belt and orders will be able to be placed this Wed 9/19!! Check out TWIP www.thisweekinpinball.com for the official annoucement. The featured article that morning will explain the details of the product is and let you know the time they will go on sale that day.

That’s about all I can say for now and they will likely sell out really quickly. So stay tuned to TWIP and subscribe or follow them for this Wednesday’s story.

I’m so excited for you all to get to see them in action!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I feel like Deadpool is so dark and red that it desperately needs Pin Stadiums. Do you recommend the UV or the Red flasher for Deadpool? I know that they're running Pin Stadiums on their Deadpool down at Bar Edition, I need to get back down there and see how they've got it set up.

I recommend the UV+Glow for sure and will be the same setup I am going to run this week on DPLE myself. I hope this helps you.

C0036709-A01D-46F4-BFFA-EA23EC989BC5 (resized).jpegC0036709-A01D-46F4-BFFA-EA23EC989BC5 (resized).jpeg
#2742 5 years ago

Be sure to check out TWIP www.thisweekinpinball.com early morning Wednesday (9/19) for the official full coverage announcement of Orion's Belt. There will be detailed explanations and footage of it in action along with the time that day for when everyone can start placing orders. The first group is going to sell out fast!! So be sure to tune in as you won't want to miss it. As long as you are able to place an order on our website then it means there are still spots available for them. Stay tuned folks.......

3days (resized).png3days (resized).png

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I like Scott and I like Pin Stadiums, but this is some over-the-top hype right here.
Somebody took too many marketing courses.
Maybe it will translate to bigger sales, but for the rest us, we who are simply curious to know more, the unnecessary concealment is tedious.
Just sayin’.

Haha yes it’s all in good fun and just making it interesting. I think you will be very pleased with what is to come.

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

PF and plastics look amazing with pinstadiums on DP but I don’t care for the reflections on the metal ramps and especially the katana sword blade.
Will Orion’s Belt solve that issue?

Sure thing and glad to help. This was something that was just recently asked earlier actually. This following post and ones after it should help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/55#post-4583751

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I've tried to order red flashers for my T2 before and he won't make them unless there are multiple orders. I personally am not a fan of the UV flashers.

The other colored flashers have been available but just not ordered as often as the UV+Glow since is has been a huge hit. So those were made in smaller batches once there were enough orders to do a small run of them. As a result they take a few extra weeks to prepare and make versus shipping same day or close to it with the UV+Glow.

I will say that there have recently been tons of request for more flashers options and expandability in addition to the UV+Glow too.

I hope that clarifies things better.

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Couldn't agree more. I have several PinStadiums, with plans to get more. I may even like whatever this belt thing turns out to be, but there is seriously NO CHANCE it could live up to the hype. The slowly opening door and a daily screenshot of the countdown clock? Seriously? There's building hype, and then there's beating it to death. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't mean any offense to Scott (who has proven he's a good and helpful guy), but I've seriously considered draining this entire thread because I can't take another announcement about the announcement.

Just a suggestion, if you're that sure these are going to sell out almost immediately, there's no need to beat us all over the head with the hype leading up to the release.

I do appreciate your feedback as always and yes I am just having fun with it and by no means have any intentions other than that. The fancy ads and videos are me just doing what I can in Photoshop and video editors (but now I use an great product called Affinity). Been trying to hone my skills in that arena because I enjoy it, but have no career in it by any means.

I do mention that things may sell rather quickly for the fact that there are a lot of kits and customers out there that I feel will really love this complimentary product for them. Many may not know the numbers and how busy it has been (doing 12-15 hour days), so just a small percentage of those ordering will make things go pretty rapidly.
It is a little intimidating, but I am prepared and have learned a lot with production and quality control.

Last year that Pin Stadium pre-order was interesting as there were like 100 of them that sold out in a few short weeks with 0 customers prior and just wishful supporters which was awesome and now we are into the thousands which I never thought would ever have happened. Especially considering the fact that when I made the Pin Stadiums, they had no name and I never had any intention of selling them. It was just a solution I felt I needed for my collection.

It was an unknown product even at it's initial launch and purely based upon trust which everything is in my opinion and it is still that way always. The good news is that I have had customers come over to see Orion's Belt working and in action to see it and they really enjoyed what has been created. Asking when they can get it and asking to get on the list etc. That is always a good feeling.

The Pin Stadium products are developed by the community with their feedback/ideas. Behind the scenes I have been compiling hundreds of requests and comments and discussed this with many about what their vision of the next line of products should be. The way I look at it is I am just putting it all together in a nice package for you all to enjoy. I want to make you all happy. It is still just Scott at Pin Stadium doing his thing (building each one and designing etc) and I hope this explains things better from this end. It's all good and thank you everyone for what you have done.

It has been a ton of work and I am looking forward to hearing what you think when this launches. Nothing has changed other than just getting excited for the new release that has taken all year (and then some) to put together.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2754 5 years ago

A little clarification to MET owners out there. I have posted up some images of where to trigger the flashers from on Sparky.

The image showed two arrows, which means you can connect the Pin Stadium flasher cables to either of those bulbs but not both of them.

There has been an influx of Metallica owners very recently installing these and this questions came up. I figured I would address it here to clarify as I could see what I may have been confusing. Here is a much clearer picture that will help to eliminate any confusion.

Scott

96F8F266-78D7-4E5D-82CE-85C0FD569900 (resized).jpeg96F8F266-78D7-4E5D-82CE-85C0FD569900 (resized).jpegB6906DA4-DF33-4086-81EA-E3221A8DB549 (resized).jpegB6906DA4-DF33-4086-81EA-E3221A8DB549 (resized).jpeg
#2755 5 years ago

So basically either one of those flashers will work as they are synchronous for all of the Sparky events. It does not have to be the left one or the right one, whichever you choose is fine.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just added these to my getaway and Dialed In. The latter I was surprised how dark it was in the center and with the UV option, it really looks good. My son noticed it right away and was like look how cool it is when you hit the electric guy. I can't get a pic that makes it look good though - all of them look blown out.
The getaway looks great - not over kill just needed something to get rid of all the dark spots. I would say for these older games, especially ones with simple DMDs they might the better ad on than color DMD! I also play in the dark so it's even a bigger deal for me with these older games that have very poor lighting.
I took this pic - still looks a little blow out in the pic but it looks awesome live.
Question is - where should I hook up the flashers? The flasher on the supercharger goes off a lot - I could do slings....hmmmm
[quoted image]

Very nice looking and I think the picture turned out rather well. It’s hard to capture but you did a great job!! I am glad that you had a chance to see them on DI too.

I really appreciate you posting this up as you have really covered a large era from Dialed In to The Getaway, how cool!!

As far as the flasher location I have not personally installed them on that game but maybe you will be able to find one that isn’t gong off as much. A good method of locating flashers is to go on the Settings/Lamps/Flashers menu to see if you can find a better spot to test.

In order to hook up to slingshot coils you would have to put a resistor in-line to drop it down to a safe voltage or it will cook the PS lights. It needs to be between 4v-24v.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is the belt thing something that smoothes out the LED reflection on ramps / plastics?
That’s basically the only thing holding me back from buying pin stadiums. I can’t stand that look, it’s all I can see. It’s a really cool product though.

It's in the works as we speak and will be an add-on eventually to the existing Pin Stadiums. You can feel safe to get a set and know that I am working hard on it. Currently testing out with some new advancements in the lighting industry that may very well work.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Need Orion’s Belt release update, lost track of time.

Tomorrow morning on TWIP www.thisweekinpinball.com will be having the full release details, what it is, and they let you know what time ordering starts on the Pin Stadium website also.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember you don’t need to hook it to flashers. Can use any bulb.

Yes any 4v-24v source that is not on a switch matrix.

#2766 5 years ago
lessthan (resized).pnglessthan (resized).png
#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Leds at the top of the playfield and the apron area. If u have existing pinstadiums you can add these extra strips to complete the circle (belt) of leds around your playfield.
Scott, have you been able to diffuse the leds in your strips so that the “dot” led effect is no longer an issue?
Ps you make the best mod ever created in a pinball machine, and cant wait to see orion!

I love your determination!! If I was in a game show I should surely choose you. . That’s not it but love the guessing.

As far as the diffuser, I am working with on that.

“This was something that was asked earlier actually. This following post and ones after it should help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/55#post-4583751

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So i ended up hooking up the UV flasher to the super charger flashers. Middle one specifically as that goes off the least of the three. Still feels special. I might end up changing to 1 or 3 position b/c those go off during orbit shots which could be cool but too much....
As for that orion belt suggestion - that sounds like it could be it....

Thanks for the update! I watched a few videos of the game and I think that the stand up target’s flasher on the left side of the playfield could be cool too!!

#2772 5 years ago
securityaccess_code2_1500 (resized).pngsecurityaccess_code2_1500 (resized).png
#2789 5 years ago

More than happy to clarify and answers questions. Sorry for the delay and I will definitely be able to explain this in more detail for you guys than a video ever can. Honestly it probably deserves a stream and walk-through to get all of the features and functions across but I will do my very best.

It is a completely different set of lights that has a highly advanced Flasher Module which is dedicated to providing unlimited colors of flashers.

So picture Pin Stadium but way more advanced and it’s sole focus is to be a complete dedicated flasher system that compliments the Pin Stadiums results of GI improvement. It mounts stealth just under the Pin Stadium light bar so it's now visible and is very slim/low-profile using the HD Magna-Mounts. It is controlled by the Pin Stadium app, but will show up as a different device. I will post a screenshot of how it would appear and be labeled. So basically for those that wanted even more from the flasher system and more flexibility with colors, this is that and then some.

#2792 5 years ago

The 5 buttons on the Flasher Module allow you to customer each of the 4 different trigger points for the flashers.

Simply tap the "Preview/Programming button" to start the programming and you will be able to dial in the 4 different flasher colors. Once you press that button the Orion's Belt flasher module is ready for you to program the 4 buttons which represent the 4 flasher trigger points you have connected on the machine (just like you would connect Pin Stadium to the back of the bulbs but you have 4 total).

Buttons 1-4 (The 4 flashers triggers)

Once in programming mode you will then open the Pin Stadium app, connect to the Orion's Belt Wifi device then select the colored flasher you want by using the color wheel. You select the color you want "Flasher 1" to be and then adjust the brightness level too. Once you have that done then you will press desired button (1,2,3,4) to that setting. Just like setting a radio station to a preset button. Then you do that for the next 3 buttons, set the color and brightness, and then onto the remaining.

So you have unlimited control of what each of those 4 flasher colors will be and also how bright they will be too. I hope that helps to explain that portion a little bit better. I will of course be continually posting up more details and pics too.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Less robot video animation or text just a few images of what is for sale and what Needs to be purchased total for this thing (s) to work. That was a marketing mind melt of massive proportion lol.

Haha! Yes, I am doing my very best to make sure that it is all covered and explained, past the videos which highlight the features.

#2796 5 years ago

The Pin Stadium are as they have always been, they do the GI and have the UV+Glow flasher option. They are a standalone system and nothing has changed with those, they are the same quality and performance as they always have been, pricing etc.

Where the Pin Stadiums left off was in the flasher category and that is where Orion's Belt picks up from. Orion's Belt mounts just under the Pin Stadiums using the HD Magna-Mounts and it is composed of two light bars that have the Phantom ribbon cables coming from them that then leads into a flasher module. That Flasher Module's sole purpose is to provide flasher capabilities for your machine. Onboard the Flasher Module is where the 5 buttons are located for the additionally programming capability.

1 of those buttons is pressed to initiate programming, then the other 4 are for the flasher triggers which are the wires you connect to the flasher bulbs on the machine. Orion's light bars are much more slimline and low profile and since they mount under the Pin Stadiums light bars (same length) you do not see them whatsoever from the player's perspective. The Invisi-Shield is custom molded into the light bar and blocks visibility from the side view so that none of the lighting comes out of the machine and into your eyes if you were to see the pinball machine from a distance with them installed. On the light bar is a set up highly re-engineered RGB and also White LED lights that are side firing across the playfield, which gives you full coverage flasher lighting.

You connect them and install them just like you do the Pin Stadiums, but instead of using 2 cables to hook up to the bulbs you have 4 of them. So the install is the same and very easy, then you connect to them Wifi signal from Orion's Belt then add it to your Wifi network. I hope this helps to explain it much better.

Scott

#2797 5 years ago

I will be posting up pictures to show this better and also show you the comparison in size of the Pin Stadium GI Module to the Orion's Belt Flasher Module. It is the same with but a little longer as it is a lot more involved. There was a slot of onboard software programming to do this time and I did make it so that the firmware can be updated too as enhancements/updates come along to improve it!!! Don't worry I released it with 1.0 code (literally) absolutely complete, but I like to tinker and add more things as customers make suggestions and I dream so there is much room for even more expand-ability.

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, so $280 for the Pinstadium with Invisisshield and UV Glow, and another $260 for the special new flasher?

Quoted from zucot:

+1 to less hype and flash and more substance.
So this is a 260 dollar standalone?

Orion's Belt is the additional expansion product to anyone that has the Pin Stadiums and wants to have unlimited flasher colors/controls and one heck of a light show. It is literally a complete flasher system for your pinball machine. As always it will have to been seen to be believed just like the Pin Stadiums initially. In the meantime will do my very best to verbally explain and to post up videos and pics to properly demonstrate the full capabilities of what they do. The best way to explain the results if you have installed Pin Stadiums for the first time on your machine and see the dramatic difference it makes, then take that same level of positive experience into the world of flashers and you will not be disappointed.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That is my understanding. It doesn't look like he wants to address it directly so please correct me if that's wrong.
I love PS for certain games but 260 for the belt is absolutely bonkers.

Trying to respond as fast as possible as it's extremely busy with the release/orders/questions, I hope you understand and I will address everything and explain it all in detail as questions come up.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

So you’d have to remember to remove four magma-mount light bars every time you want to lift the play field?

So there are two sets of light bars on each side (if you have Orion's Belt and Pin Stadium), but the good news is that Orion's Belt can be folded on the back of the Pin Stadiums during playfield maintenance which makes just one unit on each side. So nothing different than before since they will be attached during that period since the Magna-Mounts allows this easy method.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there anyway to order the $150 base pinstadium kit and add the Orion’s Belt to it so it takes the place of the UV GLOW flasher?

It is not available that way as the design of the Orion's Belt is side firing for the purpose of results in contrast with the Pin Stadiums so make a proper visual impact (solid uniform coverage of the playfield) and the fact that since you will have have 4 flashers triggering Orion's Belt it will reflect off the playfield into your eyes very very often which it does not do in its current form and mounting style. Believe me I tried it both ways. This way it is clean, stock, and very factory looking with way better coverage.

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

And PinStadium just jumped the shark...
I'm guessing you could leave off $50 from the original flashers since the new module is $260 of dedicated flashers, but the new module probably doesn't even do UV.

I've been hoping for color adjustable flashers from the beginning, I never dreamed it would come in the form of a $260 upgrade.

The UV+Glow is dedicated to just the Pin Stadium product, correct and Orion's Belt is well beyond just having a few flasher options and colors. The LED's themselves and PCB board, all of that I custom engineered and designed with nothing but the highest quality. They are custom manufactured just for this application by Pin Stadium. The visual results will definitely speak for themselves.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Totally understand and appreciate the feedback.

Always glad to help you and thank you for all of your support as always too!!

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

The sooner you ship me mine the sooner I will leave positive feedback here, Scott

I will definitely do that for you and I am working like a mad man handling orders coming in from today and also in production building them as we speak. I literally can't wait for these to get into everyone's hand so they can be seen. It reminds me exactly of the introduction of the Pin Stadiums and how they made an impact in their own realm.

Thank you everyone for your out of this world and amazing support that words cannot describe. I love what I am doing and feel confident that you will see this in Orion's Belt. After all it is a creation of the community of pinball customers that have made suggestions for features and designed and provided feedback as to what they want next from Pin Stadium.

Love it and is truly exciting!!!

#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Any videos of this in use yet? I think this would be badass on RZ. The flasher features in that game are fairly weak and this would truly help.

I do have some footage I am putting together from what was in the video and will be filming much more too! I remember your RZ and what the Pin Stadiums did for it last year, so cool!! Yes this is really going to step that machine over the top. Here is the video in case you didn't see it, and the footage is around 1:50 in:

#2816 5 years ago

Many have emailed and asked so I will post it up here too to help elaborate on it. When ordering Orion's Belt you do not need to order Invisi-Shields for it as they are already built into the design.

#2817 5 years ago

Also the question about being able to choose from ALL of the White color spectrum (Warm, Sunlight, Natural, Cool, and X-Treme White) within the app with the Orion's Belt has come up tons understandably since this a something very new that you can do.

When you are setting up the flasher colors in the app, you will go through the programming sequence of pressing Button #1 on the Flasher module "Preview/Programming" button. Then in the app you will adjust the set the White brightness slider to the % that you desire, then from that point you will dial it in with the color wheel and you can even use the granular RGB control on the top left to fine tune.

Remember that Warm, Sunlight, Natural, Cool, and X-Treme White all come from a small mix of the Blue, Yellow, Red, Orange. Once done you simply tap the desired button ( You can choose any of the 4 buttons you desire depending on which flasher you want to trigger it) to "Save" it and done!!

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry Scott but PLEASE stop using this video as a product endorsement as it explains Nothing. In stead of trying to Describe every detail can you simply go into your pinball room and take a few simple pictures or a video of this working??? Seems like that would be easier and more understandable. I would shelf the promo video though honestly as it is more of a Post sale promotion than in Introduction video. Just no value. Tease us with actual product pictures easy-Pese. I Promise nobody will criticize you for a simple home brew non edited no robot production video. lol

Not a problem, I was trying to address the video with him as I was unsure if he has seen it. Very busy day and I am working on getting all of this to you. Getting pics of the Flasher module as we speak.

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry Scott but PLEASE stop using this video as a product endorsement as it explains Nothing. In stead of trying to Describe every detail can you simply go into your pinball room and take a few simple pictures or a video of this working??? Seems like that would be easier and more understandable. I would shelf the promo video though honestly as it is more of a Post sale promotion than in Introduction video. Just no value. Tease us with actual product pictures easy-Pese. I Promise nobody will criticize you for a simple home brew non edited no robot production video. lol

We all know that it is just me at the Pin Stadium factory (house) working and I am just like everyone else for sure. I will get all of the questions answered and work to demonstrate the features etc in a simple to understand example. That's what this needs, keep it simple agreed!!

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your the man Scott no worries. I have no doubt your product like everything you do is amazing we simply need a simpler basic understanding of what you are selling. I am Sure it will be awesome don't over think it! KISS as they say.

Hey it’s all good and offense is never taken by any means. It’s my job to explain what I have created and to do the very best job possible !!!

#2828 5 years ago

Here is a picture of them compared to the Pin Stadiums and it shows the size comparison, the Phantom cables. But most importantly it shows the 5 buttons and where they are located. I labeled them to show the buttons that allow for the presets and customizations of each flashers. Simply Press "Program/Preview" to initiate the sequence for using the app to customize each one.

comparison (resized).pngcomparison (resized).png
#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Most people don't even understand what this does, as in what they will experience while playing a game. But every time someone asks about it, you keep talking about how big the board is, that there are buttons, and explaining how someone can program it.
You're too close to this. You need to step back and understand that most people reading this don't know what your product does. It's way too early to try and teach people HOW to do things when nobody even knows WHAT it does.

Thank you for the feedback and I will absolutely do my very best to explain it to you.

I totally understand that there are many questions and I welcome that. It’s completely understandable as there is a lot of technology behind it and it’s something that has never been done before. Makes total sense and in the same instance it may appear to be more complicated that what it is. I get what you mean, as I went through the same thing with introducing the Pin Stadiums to everyone.

Orion’s Belt is a complete flasher system that is designed in a very similar fashion as the Pin Stadiums from a structure perspective and layout, length, quality etc. It is slimmer and lower profile, and mounts with the Magna-Mounts just under the Pin Stadium light bars with built in Invisi-Shields.

It is dedicated to solely being a flasher system for pinball machines. In comparison Pin Stadium’s focal form function is to provide excellent GI playfield lighting. It does have the awesome UV+Glow flasher which is a great accent piece which is dedicated to that product.

So with that said Orion’s Belt picks up where Pin Stadium left off in the realm of flashers with unlimited expansion of flasher colors and brightness control of each of those.

Orion’s Belt connects to 4 flashers of your choice on your machine. It’s the same style wiring and connection method as the Pin Stadiums but these connections are made to flashers. Once you have made the physical connection to all 4 of them, then with your mobile device you download the Pin Stadium app and then connect to the WiFi signal that the Flasher Module generates and add it to the app.

From that point you now have complete control of Orion’s Belt with the app interface we are all very familiar with when using Pin Stadiums. Next you will press the “Program/Preview” button (see image in the post above for this reference) to allow Orion’s Belt to accept the color and brightness levels for each of the flashers.

The steps are:

1. Press the Program/Preview button
2. Move your finger to the desired color on the color wheel in the Pin Stadium app.
3. Press the desired Flasher Button (any of them from 1-4) you want to program that setting to. So let’s say Button #1 and then it saves that setting for that button. Which means on if the 4 connections you made is not going to flash that color when that particular flasher on that machine is triggered. However the flasher flashes on the machine, Orion’s Belt will sync to that.

4. Repeatedly steps 1-3 for the remaining Buttons 2,3,4

5. You are all done, and it’s time to play the machine and watch the impressive light show!

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you record a video of it in action and post it here..... Like just an unedited video of you playing pinball with it?
I think that will go much farther than the text blocks.
Unleash this to the world Scott!

Absolutely I will do that no problem. I am going to do a compete walkthrough and demonstration for you guys.

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

You showing it off at Pincinnati by chance?

Yes they will be there and at Expo too. Robert Berk just called he wants several of them on his machines that will be in the Pin Stadiums booth and I will be bringing mine too. They will also be displayed and explained in detail at the Pin Stadium seminar at Expo.

So there will be about 15-20 machines there with the Pin Stadium/Orion’s Belt combo.

For Pincinnati I am bringing 6 games there also.

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

So harsh! Maybe it is because I already have several sets of the Pinstadiums, but the description made sense the first time I read it. I'm wondering how the new module gets power. Does it plug into the existing module, or do I need to split the service outlet? The other question I have, is does it mount to the existing magnetic strip, or a second one?

Yep you got it! They plug into the service port so you will just need a 2 way splitter for the outlet or a small power strip. They have their own Magna-Mount that goes just below the Pin Stadium.

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I THINK I’m interested in this? Video is just CG stuff with zero help. I really need to see PS system difference. TWD Maybe? That’s a dim game I own. Anyone have video?

Here are the Pin Stadiums (not Orion’s Belt) in action on TWD in case you have not see this video:

Feel free to email me directly too with any questions. More than happy to help you.

[email protected]

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That looks awesome Scott! Thank you.

You are so very welcome and thank you for your order as I just saw it come in. I just sent you a confirmation email.

#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So you can have Orion’s Belt by itself without pinstadium if you want the added flasher effects?

Absolutely !!!

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Magna mounts? Do I want this with a PS TWD order?

They come with them automatically so you will have everything you need. I double checked your order and you are good to go!

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That would be awesome!
In the meantime..... Pinstadium trifecta![quoted image]

Looking like a super fancy setup there delt31 Thanks for posting those pretty machines up and the Pin Stadiums look great too!!

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Did Something new come out today?

Feel free to share your impression of them since you just saw Orion’s Belt in person. Many would appreciate hearing the first feedback on these for sure.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Ok. I have seen nothing in any of the explanations that say that the belt actually interacts with the Pinstadium’s. Could you not just hook this up as a stand alone option?

Yes you can definitely have it as a stand alone too! They are two separate products that do two different jobs extremely well. They both work with the Pin Stadium app too. When combined it’s the ultimate combo with some rather impressive results.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks great Scott. Excited for my improved pin. Next is my TFLE and then TZ and IJ!

I look forward to hearing your impression of them. Please post it up here when they arrive as we would all love to hear from you! Sounds like you have quite the collection over there.

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So are we waiting for these paying customers to display what this product is and how it works or is that something you still plan to do? This is a most unusual unveil so far. lol Seems like everything for the unveil promotion was planned except the actual product unveil itself lol. Pictures Pretty Please!! We are talking some serious cash here so I would prefer to make an educated decision.

I was referring to underlord and his first set of Pin Stadiums he just purchased for his TWD.

The product pics and walk through are going to come from me for sure.

So no need to wait for the customers that have already placed the orders for Orion’s Belt.

As mentioned in the previous posts I will surely get all of this to you. I have posted up several pics with detailed information and will continue that also.

Pictures are worth a thousand words but a stream is worth a million more so you can see and hear me walk you through it all the way too.

This will be happening this coming this Tuesday 8/25 at 8pm EST as SDTM will be streaming Deadpool LE live from the Pin Stadium factory with Orion’s Belt installed. Be sure to check that out also.

Once you see it I am confident that it will make total sense to you as it’s not as complicated as it may sound. It’s just the fact that it has all of these features packed together and that may be what is making it sound complex.

I think then you will be like “okay it’s Pin Stadium technology and installation/hardware just like what I know and have done but in a smaller form factor dimensionally but same length as the other light bars that mounts under the Pin Stadium with Magna Mounts too. The Invisi-Shields are built in and it’s dedicated to flashers instead of GI”.

In the meantime I will continue to answer questions here and post up things the best I can. No worries I’ve got you covered.

Feel free to ring me up tomorrow (well technically today as it’s 3am and I am getting up now processing orders and doing production as we speak) let’s talk if that helps too.

#2860 5 years ago

Here is a picture I just took of them on IMDN showing that they use/share the same cable clamps as the Pin Stadiums in the back too!

D201E473-B8C1-4455-9337-CA753DF17986 (resized).jpegD201E473-B8C1-4455-9337-CA753DF17986 (resized).jpeg
#2861 5 years ago

Here is wiring harness with just two more pairs of wires than what you are used to for super easy install.

31B3AD49-B573-45CE-9E84-D7DD5956E520 (resized).jpeg31B3AD49-B573-45CE-9E84-D7DD5956E520 (resized).jpeg
#2862 5 years ago

I have consolidated the pics I have posted so far so it’s easier for everyone to see and not have to search through previous posts.

group_pic (resized).pnggroup_pic (resized).png
#2863 5 years ago

I hope this helps and more to come too!

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you're holding off on actually showing us this thing until 9/25? I likely speak for many when I say the marketing video and recent pics of cords and power hook ups is not qualifying as actually showing us this product.
Seems like you can take a video right now and post it today. It now seems like you're hyping another video on 9/25 to actually be the true reveal. It's that correct?
I just want to know when am I able to actually see what this product truly is.

Just working on getting pics up of everything and not waiting for 9/25 for the stream so 4 days away. That will give you all full coverage and more detail. Also doing a big interview with a popular podcast even prior to that and will delver even deeper in things too!! More pics and content coming!

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pics, interviews.... That's great. But video Scott....Can you just answer this.....
When can we expect a video of this thing in action? Is that 9/25 via SDTM (the best in the biz)?

Yes the stream is the video and even better live raw video, and correct 9/25 and it will be at 8pm EST too. Pics coming in the meantime too!!

#2870 5 years ago

Here are pics of Orion’s Belt installed on Iron Maiden. I took a bunch of different angles so that you can see it and also how it mounts very stealth under the Pin Stadiums. This is the same machine that was in the video too. Enjoy!!!

29A4AA4B-ED5E-4537-8885-11A5DFEEF339 (resized).jpeg29A4AA4B-ED5E-4537-8885-11A5DFEEF339 (resized).jpeg
#2871 5 years ago

Here is one at a distance too.

892EBF1A-E52A-4FE9-8CB0-385B15FE8208 (resized).jpeg892EBF1A-E52A-4FE9-8CB0-385B15FE8208 (resized).jpeg
#2872 5 years ago

And another of them removed.

8679C405-6C88-43E9-92D5-30F9BBE6B21D (resized).jpeg8679C405-6C88-43E9-92D5-30F9BBE6B21D (resized).jpeg
#2874 5 years ago

Sure thing glad to help. Since you are familiar with Pin Stadiums and what they do for GI, then take that and imagine a Pin Stadium product that focuses solely on flasher, with unlimited colors, brightness control, multiple flasher colors all in one product. It's job is to give you some major wow and dazzle by igniting the playfield like no other. The best way to compare it is the feeling you get when you turn your Pin Stadiums Off and then On and you notice the crazy difference. This is the same intense experience but in the flasher realm.

These PCB and the LEDs in Orion's Belt are very advanced high quality and performance LED's that I designed and are spec'd just for this application. These had to be powerful in order to have the wow factor needed when sitting alongside the powerful Pin Stadiums. Of course one of the coolest features is the ability to be able to control them with the app and designate the colors and brightness for each flasher trigger. They are side firing and you don't see the light source but you will absolutely see the results because they are covering the entire playfield with even coloring. They are facing the same direction of the GI's on the Pin Stadiums. That little change in itself is extremely pleasing with results. Here is a scenario example:

Flasher #1: Red at 100% Brightness
Flasher #2: Gold at 63% Brightness
Flasher #3: Turquoise 78%
Flasher #4: Green 95%

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah definitely won’t be for everyone like anything else.
Too much flash for me as well, but if seeing certain games at shows is any indication, there are people that will want all these additional flasher features.
Also the fact you can dumb down the brightness of the flashers may help with the intensity. I won’t know until I play a game with these on it in person.

Yes as with anything this may not be for everyone, but based upon the orders coming in from existing Pin Stadium customers it has been a huge huge hit and really hits at home with them as behind the scenes these were the feature I received endless requests about. The response was even better than I could have ever anticipated. I remember chuckwurt asking if there was an option for green flashers on GOT and a way to adjust brightness at the beginning of all of this. Now you got it! Can't wait for the stream to show these to everyone live and in action. Woohoo!!

I have to say that I am so very thankful for you all that have supported Pin Stadium and I REALLY appreciate the input and suggestions on this that allowed it to be more than what was ever expected. You guys are amazing and now I better get to work building these as I can't see the light of day right now. No complaints here though!

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

*THIS* is the first write up after dozens of posts that makes any sense! Good job, now we can finally understand what it does!

Yes very clear and concise. Thank you chuckwurt for taking the time to post this up for everyone!

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Tons of posts about the original PinStadium were regarding where to hook up the (single) flasher so it wasn't overkill by going off too often. How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this. Scott kept promising some day we'd have a color-adjustable flasher option.

It is crazy how things change, because just when I thought that one flasher color was enough, then everyone asked for more and kept asking. Finally it was the majority that wanted more flashers options since the UV+Glow was and is such a hit. But like anything, we want options. I am always willing to do my best to please and then try to step it up a notch.

It's funny because back then I agreed it would have been overkill too because of no adjust-ability of brightness (remember thinking the same thing) and then seeing the light source of the flasher going off all the time full blast facing downward on the playfield into your eyes would have been a nightmare. We now have full brightness control of each and every one, and then infinite colors not just limited to Red,Green, Blue, but every color in the world and then every type of white too (Warm, Sunlight, Natural, Cool, and X-Treme White) and on top of that it is configurable for each flasher source. Even better like estrader said you have no idea where it is coming from and is factory Stealth with the Side-Firing mount.

It is always interesting to see how things pan out and I really enjoy doing this. Especially listening to the customers and taking that input and turning it into a high performing, functional product. Love it guys!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2885 5 years ago

Here is full screen footage of Orion's Belt in action from the original promo video. Had many requests for this so I will post it up here so you can get a better visual of it:

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That video needs an epilepsy warning

Haha, yes it is quite the sight to see and really brings Maiden alive even more! Fully adjustable brightness so you can tone it down or crank it up just to your liking.

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well this was very helpful. I understand now.

Awesome I am glad that I was able to help explain that better for you and help you to gain an understanding of what Orion's Belt is all about. Basically, combine it with a Pin Stadium kit and you are going to have the best light show possible. Even better is you don't have any limitations since you can adjust them to any color and brightness, and you can change them on the fly to make the flasher colors match appropriately with the theme of the modes so they look superb with the playfield artwork too.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Yeah chuckwurt did finally explain it pretty well.

He did a great job!! We know because in his SDTM tutorial streams he makes understanding rules so easy to grasp and explains them very straight forward.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

This was the explanation I wanted. Just to confirm. I don’t need the original Pinstadiums to use Orion’s Belt? Right?
I’m just not interested in lighting my IMDN up like, well, a stadium. I just want some more contrasting effects between the dark playfield and when the flashers go off.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Scott confirmed before that the can be bought separate. Do not need both these and pinstadium.

Yes that is correct. They can run standalone or in combination with the Pin Stadiums! Your choice...

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This is incredibly cool and exactly what my IMDNLE was missing. IMDN, as we all know, is not heavy on toys. Now, I did not feel like adding any (airplane, more figures, arches etc) at all, I was hoping I could add more lighting effects but so far there were no other options than the scoop light etc, nothing that "jumps".
Scott's announcement came as a total surprise to me, fantastic!!! Cannot wait to install and melt my face.

I know you and your collection and how you like your games. I cannot wait for you to post up your impression of these!!

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This is incredibly cool and exactly what my IMDNLE was missing. IMDN, as we all know, is not heavy on toys. Now, I did not feel like adding any (airplane, more figures, arches etc) at all, I was hoping I could add more lighting effects but so far there were no other options than the scoop light etc, nothing that "jumps".
Scott's announcement came as a total surprise to me, fantastic!!! Cannot wait to install and melt my face.

Here are the settings and flasher bulb connections in the app for Iron Maiden in the video:

—————
#1 Left “Revive” spinner: Blue 100% Brightness

#2 Sarcophagus Lock: Red 100% Brightness

#3 Left Lightning Bolt: X-Treme White 85% Brightness

#4 Right Lightning Bolt: Green 95% Brightness
—————

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... if hypothetically you get #1 and #2 at the same time it's purple?

I like how you think!! That was a challenge for me so that colors would not merge and is one of the many reasons that I had to go past the hardware and into software to make Orion's Belt. That would have been the case (the blend of colors) which we do not want as it would have defeated the purpose of individual control settings/brightness of each of the flasher colors. How do I know this? Because it happened during this last year of development on them originally and drove me nuts.

The onboard software programming makes it so that will not happen and each flasher will retain it's original color value and brightness you set and events would be sequenced properly. If not then you would have a messy array of colors just bleeding everywhere like you said.

When the Orion's Belt flashes, each event is very pronounced and very distinct. It's powerful!

Great question you had KingBW !!!

#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... if hypothetically you get #1 and #2 at the same time it's purple?

Aside from the excellent light show, the advantage from a player's perspective let's say with Trent Augenstein from Tilt Amusements, he said that he uses the flasher triggers to help him know what is going on when he is playing so that he doesn't have to look up at the screen or to a certain spot of the playfield to see if he made the shot. His eyes are already onto the next plan mapping out what he will do next versus losing track of the ball to look at something he already completed or that is about to occur. It was interesting to hear this from him and how he uses the flasher triggers, now I do the same but I don't play anywhere near as good as Trent but it helps my game play dramatically. He actually requested that the flashers be hooked up at Pinburgh for that purpose

The specific example he gave me is that he will use the flasher trigger from the scoop on MET and knows when he sees the flash the ball is a successful hit or is getting ready for a kickout during multiball which is super helpful. As you know there is so much going on in that scenario that it's one less thing, and a major thing at that you don't have to worry about. I hope this helps explain a bit better and that you see that you can apply that to any game scenario. My scores on Iron Maiden are significantly more consistent and higher as a result of me being able to be more laser focused on exactly what I need to do. Pretty cool, thanks Trent!!

#2903 5 years ago

Things have really picked up even more now that Orion's Belt is explained and understood thanks chuckwurt

With that has come high volumes of messages and emails asking about shipping time and if this is a Pre-Order etc. I am doing my very best to answer these questions as fast as I can. So I will post it up here too. This is NOT a Pre-Order as Orion's Belt is literally ON THE LINE and is in full production along with the Pin Stadiums. No delays, full steam ahead!!!

Things are going smooth and shipping time is still 4-6 weeks for Orion's Belt as mentioned initially. Pin Stadiums are still in stock too for immediate shipment just in case anyone is wondering about that also.

There are still spots left for Orion's Belt from this first initial run if you want to get a set. Production is going so well that you may even be able to get them at Expo, but can't make any promises. I have no problem bringing them there if that is the case as I know many are anxious to get them.

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Basically this is like making your game one giant flasher (or four different supersized flashers?)?

Hey good to hear from you!! Orion’s Belt is a full playfield coverage WiFi controllable system with 4 different flasher colors you choose with the color wheel on the app. Each trigger will power the lights to that exact color and brightness that you choose.

I hope that helps.

#2906 5 years ago

The lights run the length of the playfield like the Pin Stadiums but dedicated to flashers. They are the same length but it has a smaller slimline form factor with massive power that mounts discreetly below the Pin Stadiums. You can run Orion’s Belt independently too.

#2907 5 years ago
OB_ad (resized).pngOB_ad (resized).png
#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I think what you have also made is a way for us to have interactive undercab/backbox lighting like what used to be available for the old SAM machines for our Spike2 machines........

This is specifically for the Pin Stadium line of products for flasher colors for the playfield. Chris at Rock Customs has some awesome undercab and backbox lighting that is high quality: http://www.rockcustompinball.com/ He is a great guy and stands behind his product!

#2910 5 years ago

Update on things for the SDTM DPLE stream at the Pin Stadium factory with MC chuckwurt . It is now officially scheduled for Thursday 9/27 at 8PM EST

Deadpool will have Orion’s Belt on it for display!!

ZMeny Hollywoodbone

#2912 5 years ago

Glad to help you !! This is the best spot I found so far. When the spinner rips!!

3794C8BA-CEFC-4B1B-BFBB-CA32C659F93D (resized).jpeg3794C8BA-CEFC-4B1B-BFBB-CA32C659F93D (resized).jpegFEE210F6-03F6-4403-B00E-00107E8BE0B1 (resized).jpegFEE210F6-03F6-4403-B00E-00107E8BE0B1 (resized).jpeg

#2913 5 years ago

The spinner the UV+Glow is connected to is the Wolverine “Team Up” spinner (See Green Arrow in pic below). Every time you hit that shot, “Boom”! I hope that helps. Let me know what you think of that location.

932E0071-2008-4B42-856B-F4CCF0992A1C (resized).jpeg932E0071-2008-4B42-856B-F4CCF0992A1C (resized).jpeg
#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Dear god, I have to go back in time to see it?! Check the date, Scott. lol.

Yes it was the first to arrive number #001, haha! Just kidding, yikes I corrected it to 9/27 thanks for that correction.

#2916 5 years ago

I am posting this up for someone to try to decode this and see who possesses the masterful skill of decryption. I have been doing this with the first 50 Premier group of Orion's Belt orders (it tells them their production #) and figured this would be something you could all enjoy doing too.

This is good for a $25 gift card if you get the correct answer!!

Please message me here if you think you have deciphered the mystery code of this security bit so that I know to take it down. Also PM me to confirm what code you get too. This should be fun!

#2917 5 years ago
ob_code_25_DECODED (resized).pngob_code_25_DECODED (resized).png
#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will cracking this guitar pick code show us a short video of what the product does? Lol I know we are waiting till Thursday for the product demonstration...

It does look like a guitar pick actually haha! Gets you into the concert on Thursday for sure

#2921 5 years ago

Bingo!!!! You killed it man, great job on decoding that one. Impressive!!! Your Gift Card code for $25 was just sent.

#2922 5 years ago

It's on boys and girls. chuckwurt will be in the house (literally). You will definitely need your 3D glasses for this one!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

DPLE_Stream (resized).pngDPLE_Stream (resized).png

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The new product seems great! When I got Pin Stadiums last year, I couldn't stop thinking that the flashers would be so much cooler if they they were integrated a little more deeply, as in multiple triggers, and color customization... Orion's Belt is exactly what I had in mind.
I will admit when I had heard the name Orion's Belt earlier this year, I really thought it was going to be something that extended down to the bottom of the playfield through the trough area, and across the very back.. hence the 'Belt'.

Thank you and I appreciated the excitement about them! I remember your first review/install video of the Pin Stadium and I still use that regularly to show customers how to install them. That video was so well put together and impressive.

Orion's Belt is exactly what you wanted then for sure!

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don’t get this at all. You already had a massive set of LEDs to throw light with, why didn’t you just make a new control module that would hook flashers into the regular pinstadiums? Why do you need even more LEDs

Quoted from russdx:

(i have no idea if you can achieve the same effect using same leds but from a business point of view you stand to make more money just separating them)

Excellent questions!! That was something I originally thought of too, as far as trying to make the existing Pin Stadiums do both. As you will see I quickly answered my own question too

The Pin Stadium lights are specifically designed and dedicated to provide GI illumination to the playfield. If you attempt to use them as flashers then you cause the playfield illumination to go off and to have to start the flashers. Which effectively negates the main benefit to what they provide. As a result the playfield illumination turns off and you lose track of the ball while get blasted with flashers! Not a sacrifice I was willing to accept. Believe me I tried and it was an absolute nightmare.

That loss of illumination is intense once you see a game with Pin Stadiums Off and then On. It literally looks like you turned the GI “Off” on the game completely in most instances. Anyone that owns them can attest to this and also losing track of the ball is the biggest thing you don’t want to do.

I also tried another flasher method where I kept just the white lights on while pulsing the colored LEDs only. The result was that you sacrifice the colors settings you have dialed in on the app which ruins the point of even having the app to customize the playfield illumination/colors.

Then in addition to that I tried dimming the white lights because when I was flashing the Red, Greens, and Blues in the previous scenario they were hardly making any impact relative to the illumination even just the white Pin Stadium GI lights alone were providing. You literally couldn’t see this light flash if at all (I had to bend down and look directly at the lights to see if they were coming on) and it did nothing noticeable (explained in detail further down as to why).

So dimming the white made them a “little” more pronounced (and I mean very little) but again you lose playfield illumination and ball tracking, mess with your app settings etc. So no go there either for sure. I would never want to sacrifice gameplay and ball tracking for a light show whenever possible.

Also RGB lights are 1/3 the size of a full blown SMD chip as they are mini clustered diodes on one chip versus being dedicated to that color like a White would be. Even if you separate them into larger chips the same size of the white you have an unmerged mess of lights on the playfield, less LEDs overall too. Plus to make i worse you literally see the Red, Green, and Blue shining on the playfield like a Christmas tree. Yikes!!! How do I know? Because it happened to me during the prototyping and design process. It was a nightmare and eye sore needless to say.

In these scenarios mentioned above I was also effectively taking out the very most important color spectrum (White) for visibility of the grouping of the Pin Stadium lights.

It is important to note that White is THE “very” most important part of what allows you to have the full spectrum color ability for the Orion’s Belts flashers and gives the highly impressive effects/features of the product by far. With white you can now use the color wheel in the Pin Stadium app to dial in those flashers to ANY color that you would like.

Without “White” you go from just 3 flasher colors (Red, Green, and Blue) to 16 million colors flasher options by adding that alone. It’s HUGE and gives you unlimited possibilities! Then add the fact the the custom Flasher Module allows individual brightness control of each one!!!

So this is why the Orion’s Belt is a separate standalone complimenting product and mounts under the Pin Stadiums with very stealth mount and form factor while having built in Invisi-Shields!! The LED PCB and the chips on Orion’s are completely custom and massively upgraded that overcome all of these issues to handle more power, delivery high quality driven results with true colors, and to perfectly compliment the Pin Stadiums GI lighting by expanding that product even further past where it already is.

Additionally I am giving customers the option to use Orion’s Belt as a standalone product if they want instead of buying both. Which is always nice to options!

However the combination of the two together is outstanding results!!

I hope this better answers these questions and explains a small portion of what I did over the last year in designing these. I trust that when a customer installs these that the results will speak more than words can ever say.

There’s a lot more to this that I could elaborate on and am happy to as questions come up. I love talking about these things and getting chance to explain better. But I will spare you all for now.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pinstadium lights are so damn bright that it over powers the flasher effects on many games (can no longer sense them out of the corner of your eye when playing). This has been a negative I have heard from even the most vocal supporters of this over priced junk. The business answer is then to upsell to the customer with another product that brings back the ability to see a flasher.

Yes, that brings up and excellent point too with expanded controls and versatility on Orion's Belt that was taken into consideration as it gives you full control of the flashers brightness on each individual trigger so that you can balance them to exactly the correct level of brightness you would like. In addition you can color code or color match the flasher to make identification of that shot even easier.

This way you don't have to look back at what you just shot to see if that flasher on the playfield is telling you if you made the shot or not. You can continue to follow the ball and plan your next shot. Or in the reverse sense if there is a shot to be made that is flashing you know where you have to go without looking away to that flasher or even at the display. I took input from competitive players specifically for this purpose.

This is something that Trent from Tilt Amusements specifically uses when he plays. It makes much more sense to not look back or try to look away but to keep progressing forward staying focused on ball position. I never thought of it as I am a casual player.

And even better you still can see the original integrity of the flashers too from the machine as the factory intended if you like, as this is due to the side fire design of the Orion's Belt that evenly coats the playfield so it does not over power by distracting you with seeing the light source of Orion. Thanks Trent for that simple yet very important input.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny, I play with standard lighting and standard LEDs (often even remove LED flashers to reinstall incandescent when they are too bright) and have absolutely zero problem with knowing when a flasher goes off and what it means. The pinstadium junk over powers the normal flashers, hence the upsell to return the flashers to a level that is noticable. You swing it as marketing and a new offering (nevermind the insane prices on this junk).
I look at it as another great reason to remove the junk from a game all together.
Better yet, if anyone really thinks a game is too dark, a few simple spot lights can be added for $20. Benefit that they also dont blow out artwork, blind a player, make you lose the ball, or cost as much; and you can position them exactly where needed.

I have to ageee that Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt are not for everyone but for those that are looking to improve their machines by expanding their experience with better visibility/playability more features/functions, easy non-invasive install, ability to move it to any machine, and one heck of a light show that you control to your exact color and brightness preferences in all aspects then these are definitely for you.

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... With the original pinstadium flasher and the new Orion's belt flasher, you can have 5 a total of different flashers on the sides, correct? It's just the original doesn't have a color or brightness adjustment.

Sounds like you are close. Just to clarify, tThey are two different products, Pin Stadium is one product and then the Orion's Belt is the second and it mounts just below the existing Pin Stadium you have. Orion's Belt will gives you 4 additional flashers, so 5 total (if you were to count the one on the Pin Stadium). On Orion's Belt each of those 4 flashers you have unlimited flasher color options. You adjust each of them to any color and brightness using the app. They are side firing (facing across the playfield) with Invisi-Shield built in, so they will evenly cast across they playfield and you don't see the source of the light firing.

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

scott we spoke a load when you first showed off pinstadium, I kept asking you if you could hook these up to the games GI so when that went out the PS went out.
My question now is can I have pinstadiums without the UV glow and add orions belt?
And will I get that much more benefit with Orion’s Belt compared to having the pinstadiums linked to the games GI, currently I have LED flashers which are nice and bright in place of my incandescent flashers.
Providing the pinstadiums can drop out when the games GI does, will I really get that much more from OB?

Yes a blast from the past and I totally remember our conversation early in the development/release of the Pin Stadiums and the GI integration you spoke about was great earlier feedback. You asked and many others asked too, and man it was worth figuring that one out

During the development of Orion’s Belt I tinkered with the idea and made it in replacement of the UV+Glow to see how that was. What I found was the since Orion’s Belt has 4 triggers points the flashers are going off much more often as you hit features on the machine. Work that said the down firing design positioning came to be too much and very distracting because you are regularly seeing the source of the lights reflecting in to your eyes of the playfield.

As a result I decided it needed to be much more stealth and have a factory appeare that did not reveal the light source so it magically blended with the machine from a visual standpoint. Also I didn’t want to take away from one of the coolest features of the Pin Stadium’s which is the UV+Glow and make people choose.

So then this was the reasoning for making it a separate system for Orion’s Belt that was a great addition to compliment the Pin Stadiums my mounting them just below them where they are hidden and are side firing. So the Orion’s Belt lights face the same direction as the Pin Stadiums GI (trying to help make it so it’s easy to visualize the arrangement).

That side firing mounting method makes the light source invisible and it lets you cast the very HD quality color over the entire playfield.

So then to answer the question about hooking them up to the GI. The Orion’s Belt has a Flasher Module instead of a GI Module. How that works different is that I have coded into it to look for events that are sequenced as to not merge colors or confuse feature flashes. So if you hooked up the to the GI, the Orion’s would come on but they are going to stay on the entire time until they go off and while they are off something else needs a to be triggered to active them.

I will give you a scenario and short answer at the same time. They will trigger from GI bulb but not behave properly to be interactive with the exception of when you trigger them let’s say in Iron Maiden Premium/Le.

Since that model of IMDN has Red GI that comes on separate for the Fear of Dark Mode you could hook up one of the triggers to that but it would momentarily disable the other flashers on Orion’s Belt while they event is on and you could dial them to Red to do a full red color wash during that mode only.

However in my opinion the flashers from Orion’s Belt during that mode are one of the most impressive moments of that game.

I hope this helps to answer your question and addresses it properly. If not I would be more and happy to clarify further in case I misunderstood the question.

#2951 5 years ago

Thanks and sure thing glad to help!! TWD the best place for the UV+Glow is the Flasher under the Well Walker. Then for MET either one of the two Sparky flashers (they have orange wires going to them). Let me grab a pic of that.

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Scott, I didn’t want to have to search and search. Can I get recommended placement of flasher for MET and TWD? Thanks! Also, way to take the high road on people calling Pinstadium’s junk. That’s a joke. Keep up the great work.

Here are the MET Sparky flashers. Either one is good!!
68E7EBC0-12FB-41EB-A6F7-CA89A5AB0C73 (resized).jpeg68E7EBC0-12FB-41EB-A6F7-CA89A5AB0C73 (resized).jpeg

BC2DF792-6083-437E-B679-3759FBEAE49E (resized).jpegBC2DF792-6083-437E-B679-3759FBEAE49E (resized).jpeg
#2953 5 years ago

What you will get when you connect the Pin Stadiums flashers to MET in those locations, is every time you hit Sparky the UV+Glow will be triggered then during Multiball it’s one heck of a light show during that mode.

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Its amazing how Scott handles the real trolls in this thread. He answers back politely and with a calmness that you dont often see when haters start to hate. Some people throwing so much negativity in his direction for designing and perfecting undoubtebly the best universal mod for their pins.
I mean really?
Bravo to you Scott! Keep up the great work... and try to get some sleep will ya?

Thank you as always for such a nice post and for being a positive influence in this thread. I seriously appreciate it and as always you are a big supporter of what I do and I am so thankful for that also. I will keep pushing forward and try to do the best for you all!

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must agree. Scott follows the kill them with kindness route. You can’t please everyone but some just Need to let everyone know how they feel for some reason. As if Scott was a psychiatrist lol.

Haha! I have no claims to be psychiatrist but I think ZMeny may have some mad skills in that arena from SDTM. Maybe he rubbed off on me

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Has anyone installed these on a earlier ss game? I have a kings of steel that now seems pitch black compared to all of my other machines with pinstadiums installed.

Oh cool! That would be an awesome game to install them on. Yes I know it will do well and many have installed them on that era of game but not Kings of Steel specifically. Would love to see it though!

At Pinburgh 2018 this year, PAPA had me install them on the following games. Some oldies in here:

Pinbot
Star Pool
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Harlem Globetrotters
Super Star
TNA
Taxi
Muhammad Ali
Star Trek Pro
Fish Tales
Cleopatra

Trying to remember the last one. Maybe someone can chime in if they know.

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I played a game with the pinstadium lights on, and off.
It was much nicer to see everything with the lights on. They lights were white, no idea the intensity.
That's my single anecdote.

Sounds like they had the colored lights (this gives you the color casting) on the app turn down and the white lights all the way up. The white is for the illumination.
That’s likely where they had the settings.

#2964 5 years ago

Something like this

A1E5B144-8D7F-4412-9C14-890FE65AFDA5 (resized).pngA1E5B144-8D7F-4412-9C14-890FE65AFDA5 (resized).png
#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahaha in pinball, you are much better than I my friend

You are so humble right now, LOL!!

#2967 5 years ago

For anyone that missed the Head2Head Pinball Podcast http://www.head2headpinball.com/ yesterday. You may want to check this out if you want a sum :party:mary of all of my posts here and then some insight of behind the scenes. It might save you a couple days, haha!!

It covers the backstory on Pin Stadium from past to current, and of course there is always a future. Here is the link, these guys are a great listen if you have not checked them out before. This is the direct link to the Episode:

https://goo.gl/6bwNkG

FalconPunch Martymainframe Thanks Martin and Ryan for having me on the show!!!

It was an honor to be on their show and Martin asked some great and very interesting questions.

head2head_2018_ob_interview (resized).pnghead2head_2018_ob_interview (resized).png
#2968 5 years ago

To help everyone visualize the possibilities, and how to set up a machine with Orion's Belt (where to connect). You would be surprises how many flasher locations there are on almost all games and even the new ones. WPC/SAM etc, crazy options available for some cool customization. This shows how I connected them on IMDN and the colors chosen. This should help a lot for those wondering how this will work and why it is a great addition your pinball machine. I will continue to post these up like I did for the Pin Stadium connections etc.

imdn_flasher_examples (resized).pngimdn_flasher_examples (resized).png
#2969 5 years ago

Look at that we have 10 flashers to choose from, wow so cool!! Just when you wondered “Orion’s Belt offers 4 flasher colors, but where will I trigger them from? I don’t think I even have that many flashers in my machine. ” . You will be pleasantly surprised what is possible now.

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...so if I want ALL my flashers hooked up to Orion's Belt I need 2.5X Orion's Belts installed. I see what you did there...

Oh man that’s hilarious!! Not quite but that was a good chuckle. That may be extremely but doable haha.

Speaking of Chuck, unfortunately he had prior commitments he didn’t realize and can’t do the SDTM DPLE Orion’s Belt stream on Thursday, however the good news is that is was immediately rescheduled for next Tuesday Oct 2nd at 8pm EST https://m.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

Even better news is Zach and Greg wanted to do something special as result for their viewers/listeners and they will be giving away a very big prize. Stay Tuned..... win win literally !!

ZMeny Hollywoodbone chuckwurt

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Looking forward to see your new "Orion's Belt" product in action after hearing about it on the latest Head2Head podcast! I found your YouTube video for it, but that is more annoying to view than informative unfortunately.

Thank you and I’m excited for you to get a chance to view OrIkn’s Belt in action too!! It’s definitely such a new technology that it needs more explanation than a 2 minute video could do for sure.

Fortunately Head2Head realized that also and felt it deserved an even better opportunity to be explained in further detail in an interview where you can hear me explain it in detail.

They asked some great questions and it is always fun spending time with our buds from down under.

Never a dull moment with them and even better they crack themselves up just those two alone talking. I think that is one of the best things about the wicked combination of Martin and Ryan C.

See you guys next Tuesday 10/2 at 8pm!

In the meantime I will continue to provide information and answer questions about anything you guys have to ask.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Then the thread really should include that. I saw the title and a crap ton of post and throught it was another product announcement thread vs a "club" thread. No issues either way but if constructive feedback isn't welcomed then I kind of wish I didn't just waste 30 mins of time reading through the thread
Yes, I know, what was said could be argued as not constructive. I like the concept of pin-stadium lights and have seen a couple games with them which looked nice. Realized I'm more traditional than I thought so haven't bought any. I saw this "Orion's Belt" and was curious as to what it was and if maybe it was something I would be interested in. Being I'm pretty sensitive to bright flashing while trying to follow a ball this isn't for me either. I like the concept of adding additional flashers in periodic places of the games to bring them out.
And so I don't feel like I wasted all that time completely. Here is my feedback, which is hopefully taken as constructive due to the thread it's placed in. My suggestion would be to allow incorporation into more flashers for those that want a product like this. At this price point being limited to only 4 seems like a restriction. Those buying this kit want to go extreme and limited to 4 isn't real extreme for a lot of the newer games. That would help it stand out more from the matrix solution where you can get a light strip, connect it to a flasher and adhere it to the bottom of the pinstadium lights and get close to the same effect for much cheaper. The benefit here is being able to change the color. Add more inputs and I think you'll have more success.

Hey thanks for stopping in and dropping a line, you are always welcome and suggestions/ideas are what this thread is all about as it is what helps to make products like Orion's Belt what it is. I toyed with the idea of having more than 4 flashers, which in essence is you have a Pin Stadium with the UV+Glow it is 5 in total. However during testing the 4 was the max that seemed to be reasonable (after trying more) by pushing the limits just enough to satisfy the collector(modder) that likes to have a crazy insane light show to blow someones mind and his and then another that wants a well balanced playable game with some really cool effects. This is possible with the versatility of the lights generating their own Wifi signal and allowing the Pin Stadium app to customize the brightness and colors of each individual flasher.

Expanding it out to unsupported set of LED lights would be an issue with a couple reasons and the main one is that the Orion's Belt ones are custom engineer LED's and PCB board that were designed from the ground (by me over this last year) specifically for this application (even the custom regular Pin Stadium lights LED's and PCB would not be able to handle the load or perform properly) if that tells you anything. Neither are over the counter LED's and with a lot of work and testing/design were finally made for these applications of Pin Stadium and Orion's Belt. I hope this better explains the features that were chosen.

However I think it is very cool how you think and also the fact that you truly come in with an idea and are very approachable with it in this thread. I love it and thanks for the post and creative thinking too!

Here is a video so that you can see the footage of them with the Pin Stadium UV+Glow and the Orion's Belt combined together. This may help:

#2979 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Any suggestions where I should hook up flasher on whirlwind? Thanks guys.

I would recommended trying them connected to the left scoop flasher. That’s looks to be the best place from what I can tell after watching gameplay videos of it.

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's not an equation on number of colors. It's more on number of locations that integrate into the game. For me, the only game in my collection that going to this extreme would make any sort of sense, for me, would be my Tron LE.
Tron:
- left Ramp
- Right Ramp
- Back Panel
- Left Disc light (Blue)
- Right Disc Light (Red)
- Disc (white)
- Scoop
Plus some people may want to incorporate this into a coil vs a flasher (if that was possible). Being able to incorporate this into that methodology would open up his buyers market as well and create a bit of a niche. Another thing would be if the LED's were addressable. I.E. The Left Disc above only flashed the left side and the Right disc above only flashed the right side. One of the cool features of flashers is the danging effect some can create.

Okay I understand what you are saying and that’s very interesting to hear that perspective. Very detailed response and thank you for explaining this further. I will definitely make note of this input.

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

So let's ask Scott? If you have 8 points you wish to trigger with 4 different colors. Can't you just wire two points to each zone. You would still have 4 zones but 8 points just 4 different colors of flash.
If you had pinstadiums attached with it's own flasher you could hook up two trigger points to that flasher as well. Now you would have 5 colors and 10 trigger points for your flashers.
Scott is this possible? I dont want to confuse anyone with this just seeing if you could push the limits of this system. Seems like you could but that is just me. Thoughts?
Also on the trigger from a coil instead of flasher this is possible I believe. Alien flasher is pulsed by magnet from the xenomorph.

Where you run into limitations is with power output and amperage and right now I have the Orion's Belt maxed out rather well. So I would say for this application it would not be supported or recommended at this point. However I do understand that concept you are going with and getting at too. I hope that makes sense.

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think wiring two inputs together may actually cause other upstream issues with the game itself. If you connect two together those two will now be linked so would flash at the same time during the game, even when not designed.
For instance. If you wanted the backpanel and left disc to flash (both blue) if you tied them together, when the disc flashed it would also flash the backpanel.
Dang, ya'll got my mind thinking on this subject and it wont stop.... Next suggestion would be addressable outputs that could be split into multiple outputs. Now you could have the same activity that occurs on the PF be mirrored on an active backglass.
Tron example again. Shoot the left ramp and the left ramp flahsers go off. Orion's belt then activates a corresponding flasher on the left side of the PF expanding on the facotry's design. Now if that output could be split you could have that attach to an active backpanel to have a feature on the translight flash. This is where having the LEDS addressable helps vs having them all go off at the same time.

Wow you are going all out! Very cool ideas and creativity on this and thinking through it all too!

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

This is more the idea I was thinking of as a "next level" sort of thing - the ability to arrange pinstadium flashers or GI in "Zones". I think some of todays games are starting to make a more theatrical approach to lighting. Pinstadium products could not reasonably tie into that without some sort of hooks into the actual pinball code, so Zoning (and/or more advanced-designed/scripted sequences on trigger) may be the next closest thing.
I know I mentioned part of this to you earlier Scott, perhaps something to chew on..

Yes I do remember our conversations and yes that is something down the road to consider too for sure. Chewing on this for later future advancements for sure

#2989 5 years ago

I am getting ready to put Orion’s Belt DPLE and will be posting up here soon !!

#2993 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Can u snap a couple of photos of what will come in the box once we recieve orion?

Sure thing I will post up some pics for you! No problem.

#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Scott is a class act,Pinstadiums are one of the best LED mods ever made,And Scott is always available to help with tech support If you have trouble hooking them up.I have them on all my pins and it has really has made a big difference.The WiFi app is a sinch to use where you can fine tune the colors.
Thanks again Scott for a great mod!
Brian

Brian! So good to hear from you and I will have to say you are a huge customer to say the very least. You’ve got quite the line up and it’s always a pleasure to help you. Thanks for being great supporter and I appreciate the nice comments about the product!!

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am getting ready to put Orion’s Belt DPLE and will be posting up here soon !!

Just counted 15 flashers on DPLE and one of them I will trigger from is the disco ball. That should be fun to see what that will look like !!

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I suspect that there are some Pinsiders who are facing decisions about whether or not to make an investment in PinStadium products. I am very impressed with my installations on GB Premium and BM66 Premium. But, more importantly, the customer service that Scott provides is outstanding. If you make the decision to go with a PinStadium product, know that Scott will be there for you and will surprise you with the quality of his support and personal service. Thank you Scott!
Jim W.

Jim that is so great to know that you feel that way and I’m really thankful for everyone being just absolutely amazing all the way around. You have been a superb customer and I really love doing this because of people like you in this community.

I try my hardest to support the best that I can and the reward is rather quite simple, when I hear you guys thrilled to fire your machines up and it puts a big grin on your face.

We are living in the glory days of pinball right now and these beautiful pieces of art deserve nothing less than being fully seen in their own glory. I feel like this go round Pinball is always going to be here to stay and grow even more going forward. Man we are fortunate!!

Thanks again Jim for the post.

#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I picked up a third set for my Woz second-hand and reached out with a couple questions. Five minutes after I emailed he rang me up, explained what went where, and sent me two missing parts free of charge with express shipping. They showed up the next day.
I know these are not everybody’s cup of tea, but man... this guy really stands behind his product and I’m super impressed with the support I’ve gotten from him. Cheers.

The way I look at it is that it is my responsibility to make sure you get what you need and to support the product as much as I can. Can't wait to hear what you think of them on WOZ!! Thanks for the encouraging post too!

#3001 5 years ago

Okay guys I have Deadpool LE all set up for the SDTM stream next Tuesday at 8pm EST. I dialed it in today and found the best colors settings and locations. I will log this in the "Deadpool" files (this is ready to launch for users and myself to upload recommended locations, tips, etc) for Orion's Belt so when you get your kit it will be very easy for you. I'm thoroughly impressed and I hope you guys will be to. Man this thing came ALIVE!!! I mean it came ALIVE!!!

It should be about a 15-20 minute install now that you will have all the best locations!!

#3002 5 years ago

It is all personal preference so you can just connect to whichever but there is always a way that looks better with each game and that is what I will post up.

#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a reason you feel this needs a formal video presentation and wait yet another week to show it? For me a simple non Speilburg 30 second iPhone video of you playing your game would all but take care of it at least for now. We are simple pinball folks you know.... Seems like the reveal is taking longer then then the build up to reveal for some reason?

Yes, thanks for checking in. The "Exclusive Reveal" is going to be given to SDTM ZMeny and Hollywoodbone as they have been great supporters and amazing for our community. Unfortunately earlier this week the delivery of DPLE was delayed and then ChuckWurt had a conflict with his schedule.

SDTM as a result wanted to do something super special for you guys to make up for it. They are going to be giving away some BIG prizes to help make you guys love them even more. Win just by watching!!!

You will see Orion's Belt on DPLE live and in action. I will be there to explain it in detail and answer questions. So no reason other than letting them have the special stream with it on display for the first time to the public. It is only a few days away now on Tuesday 10/2 at 8pm EST. Stay tuned and see you then!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

DPLE_Stream (resized).pngDPLE_Stream (resized).png

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah feel free to blame me for not seeing it yet. I messed up and double booked my schedule.

Well you were ready this Tuesday but DPLE wasn't and was still on the truck, and hey it's good to know you have a life outside of pinball. We get it!! There is no replacing the "Wizard of Stream"

#3009 5 years ago

Something like this chuckwurt

dp_stream (resized).pngdp_stream (resized).png
#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I know we are all like "Orions Belt" Just wanted people to see the LE with good old pinstadiums hooked up. Game looks beautiful. Thanks Scott for all of your help with the install. Customer service and support is outstanding. Great products! Can't wait for Orions belt!
Before and After.
Thanks.
Jonathan
Amusement Services of America
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey we love seeing the Pin Stadiums as that’s the basis for all of this. Orion’s Belt is simply the expansion of the Pin Stadiums into the next level work of flashers. It’s nice to see pics of Deadpool coming around as there have been tons of Pin Stadiums sold for it but not many have posted. Looks great and thank you for sharing as Deadpool benefits tremendously from them.

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Sure got our attention. I may have been ordering "Orions Belt" tonight, but will wait until Tuesday. Like Ed Sullivan would say "Really Big Shew"

Yes, you will be seeing them for sure. I have them dialed in for DP really well and am excited to show you guys.

#3017 5 years ago

Sharing a picture that’s Ed Robertson shared with me on his Iron Maiden he has traveling with his band (Bare Naked Ladies) backstage on rollers.

Take a look at his Grand Champion score and I will quote him word for word: “Now I can see!”

0510DD56-E2FE-475F-B416-85D02D955EDB (resized).jpeg0510DD56-E2FE-475F-B416-85D02D955EDB (resized).jpeg
#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So can I assume that Orion's Belt has eliminated the possibility of a single color-adjustable flasher option? Having 4 (really 5) trigger points is WAY too over the top for me. Many people have wanted to be able to color adjust the original PinStadium flasher. I'll be really disappointed if the only way to do that is by buying an excessive add-on.

Great post and this gives me an opportunity to explain even more:

For that ability it did need a complete redesign from the ground up. There is a flasher module dedicate to exactly this and its way more involved and complicated. It has not just highly advance solid state technology in it but it’s running code that I programmed to Orion which makes it highly intelligent as if it has AI

However I do need to explain more (things that will be covered in the SDTM steam Tuesday).

This is why Orion’s Belt has taken me a year to build and design. Keep in mind that you are not just limited to flashers but other bulbs and even your shaker motor!!

Hence the “Color Spectrum Blaster” feature which is one of the coolest additional features. This is huge because now not only do you have unlimited flashers colors but you can have color changing effects with the playfield too !!

This dramatically enhances key shots and modes. A great recent example is I used it on DPLE for the scoop shot. When it’s active to start a battle the playfield pulsates Red with a wicked breathing effect. Then once you start the battle mode and start nailing shots, the colored flashers you customized take effect AND then certain shots trigger the shaker motor so you can use that as a trigger. On DPLE it coats the playfield with a beautiful vibrant blue I dialed in for that from the app. Also I have the pop bumpers triggers with a wicked silver Xtreme white that’s bad to the bone.

Then picture having the high quality of the illumination of the Pin Stadiums and its UV+Glow!!

And remember all of these Orion’s Belt triggers you can adjust the brightness in the app for each of them from 0-100%

I hope this helps to explain the benefits and features much better. Again it’s something that needs to be seen to be believed and then explanation too.

It’s very easy to install (just like a Pin Stadium) and you use the same app. Literally takes your game to a whole new level. Now not only can I not imagine Deadpool with Pin Stadiums, but even worse no Orion’s Belt. Yikes!!!!

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Umm...so I should take that as "correct we will not have a single color-adjustable flasher option" right?

This is the option and then some. This the best way to effectively get the results, options, and then it adds all of the extra extended functionality with Orion’s Belt. I tried to build it what you were asking and there are a large number of reasons (mentioned in this post and few prior) it was not built into the Pin Stadiums. It seems very simple to do but believe me you would have not been happy.

Rather than just attempting to patch colored flashers into the Pin Stadiums to have a very subpar product offering (which I would never do) I created Orion’s Belt to basically knock your socks off with performance and functionality. Seeing will be believing just like when the Pin Stadiums came out last year. It needed all of the extra hardware and software to be a great product. The Orion’s Belt Flasher Module is a little larger to accommodate all of the circuitry but only slightly larger 1” longer and 1/2” inch wider at most) than the Pin Stadium GI Module.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any vid or images of pinstadiums on a TOM?

I also had a customer send me an After too.

04663DB9-82EB-4424-8E77-268BF3643C0C (resized).jpeg04663DB9-82EB-4424-8E77-268BF3643C0C (resized).jpeg
#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any vid or images of pinstadiums on a TOM?

I found a short video of TOM he also sent and just emailed it to you

#3029 5 years ago

Getting instructions up for all of you who have placed orders Orion's Belt!! I am also working on updating the installation section of Pin Stadium website with detailed information too.

orion_settings_instructions (resized).pngorion_settings_instructions (resized).png
#3031 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Scott, you're a good guy and you have been extremely helpful with support issues to me and others, but please...
To suggest the only realistic way to add color-adjustable flashers to PinStadium is a $260 four-input solution is just upsell hyperbole. Whatever. I still have some original PS that I intend to buy down the road. Until then I will politely bow out of this thread.

You are welcome and I am always willing to help you. I appreciate your continued support and input for the Pin Stadium product line. Orion’s Belt is definitely what you were asking for and so much more. It is the reason products like Orion’s Belt exist and sometimes it may even expand further past what you could have ever asked for.

That is my goal and I aim to please and to exceed expectations. You are a great customer and it is always a pleasure talking with you!!

It may not be for everyone, but I can tell you for the many customers that have already a placed an exceedingly large amount of orders for the Orion’s Belt, that they have been desiring this ultimate expansion complimentary product for their current Pin Stadium.

For those of you that are looking to add some amazing control and flexibility of flasher colors and brightness that the Flasher/Spectrum Module delivers along with the ability to take full advantage of the Muli-Spectrum Color Blaster for some astounding HD interactive color changing playfield impact then Orion’s Belt is guaranteed to please!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3032 5 years ago

Posting up GI and Flasher cable connections for SW. I figured it would be good to show everyone the best locations I have found.

I just finished a support chat from the Pin Stadiums website for Dwight Sullivan who is installing them tonight on his Star Wars LE machine. Pretty cool to have someone so cool using the product!!

C7C0CAD4-3E34-4104-94F5-7652B5392D57 (resized).jpegC7C0CAD4-3E34-4104-94F5-7652B5392D57 (resized).jpeg
#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thought I would show off a few pictures of my Star Wars LE with Pinstadiums. Excellent game for pinstadiums. Extremely interactive with the game when installed like Scott has shown in the picture above.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That thing is looking like a beast !! Those are some great pics that really display the results on your game, plus you have that thing tricked out. Looks incredible and I am glad you are enjoying them!!

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Scott - I politely ask for less of this type of nonsense regarding the large orders, etc. For the educated consumer who actually wants to see the product before they buy it (which I would expect would be the majority based on common sense), it's extremely frustrating to continue reading about especially when folks like myself revisit this thread to actually see the product that's been teased for what seems to be an eternity.
Look forward to the upcoming stream. Thanks!

Yes I do tend to get very excited about things and totally understand for sure. Believe me I know.

Behind the scenes there’s a lot of energy with seeing and hearing customers excited about Orion’s Belt. It’s been a long journey during the development and creation of the product over the last year. So cool to get such positive feedback and confirmation from customers. Thank you all for that!!

Sometimes it’s hard for me to contain and really the bottom line is it doesn’t matter how many have placed an order who love the new product. The only thing that matters is that you are happy with the product, that I have answered all questions about it, and that most importantly it puts a smile on your face when your playing your game when nobody else is around. That’s what I strive for and is what it’s all about.

The stream will definitely be the place to answer even more questions and to display it properly in action for you all to see. Looking forward to seeing you on the stream!

As a remind it is this Tuesday 10/2 at 8pm EST https://m.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#3037 5 years ago

Sharing this picture a customer sent of their Before and After results with the Pin Stadiums on TNA. I had several inquiries recently about this and they do really well on this game while also properly preserving the amazing light show. The UV+Glow is a great compliment to the colors in TNA too.
A30B962D-403F-47BB-A738-74804D928381 (resized).jpegA30B962D-403F-47BB-A738-74804D928381 (resized).jpegE23E1C2E-3D0A-4604-8146-D39A14F3CBB9 (resized).jpegE23E1C2E-3D0A-4604-8146-D39A14F3CBB9 (resized).jpeg

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can this be fixed? IMHO this is not even close to original light show being preserved when this light glare is happening and you see alternating yellow/blue.
If that can be fixed, do these light blades also change along with GI at all times?
[quoted image]

Yes this is a great feature suggestion and has been recently discussed in detail a few pages back also. This is another great add-on for the existing customer's Pin Stadiums that I am currently working on as we speak. I am now experimenting with some really amazing technology in this arena!! Also the Pin Stadiums sync with the light show on TNA so that the TNA lighting effects can be retained. The Pin Stadiums do not change color in sync with the game as their job is illuminate the playfield and not to add color to it as to preserve it's original integrity. However now with Orion's Belt you can achieve a that if you would like!

#3040 5 years ago

I have put together some official Tricks and Tips section for those that really want to get the most out of their Pin Stadium and Orion's Belt products. This question has come up a lot since many customers have the Pin Stadiums on their Iron Maiden after seeing the SDTM stream and also in person at Pinburgh on Trent from Tilt Amusements machine.

"Achieving Gold" is one of the best things to really enhance and bring the IMDN artwork even more alive! A lot of games have gold in them on the playfield so this applies to many pinball machine such as: IJ,TOM,WOZ,The Hobbit, The Shadow, and many more. So even of you don't have these games mentioned, take a look at your playfields and do some fun experimenting with this gold spectrum. A color that has never able to be achieved before until now with the app.

When you are in the Pin Stadium app simply tap on the "RGB" menu on the top left and it will open up an additional granular control menu to dial in the exact values of lights (note the number values in this picture Red: 255, Green: 200, Blue: 59).

This can really step up your Pin Stadium game to a whole new level.

For Orion's Belt it is an incredible accent to add a blast of Gold to the playfield with your flashers. That combined with the Pin Stadium gold is a wicked effect worth seeing in person, even drop a little bit of XTreme white in there and you are golden, haha!

I will continue to update and give out some of these tips (there are tons of them) for you all to venture even further into the lighting controls of the Pin Stadium app.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

orion_gold (resized).pngorion_gold (resized).png

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So you'd have to black out much of the lighting, so what's the point?

I agree there is no point in blacking out lights because for that purpose which is why I am working on something else that does not decrease light transmission. Once I have it perfected I will let you all know when that product add-on comes out. Likely not too long and I will make sure you can easily add it to your existing Pin Stadiums.

#3054 5 years ago

Wow you guys have this thread of fire I spent part of the day improving the Orion Belt software even more and this keeps on rolling, love it and all of the input and comments. Orion just got bumped up to 1.2 code while this was going on. It was already complete but I found some more tweaks to make it even better.

Looking forward to the stream. Also regarding the tip about the "Achieving Gold" let me know if any of you have had a chance to crawl into the RGB granular controls to see what that is all about. It literally unlocks a whole new level of ability to customize even further. There are a bunch of colors and rare earth gem colors that you can make in both Pin Stadium and Orion's Belt world through the color wheel and these micro controls. Even better it's all done with simple on finger programming by sliding on your desired setting. Easy!!

Think about Silver and Diamond impact effect colors that are possible, Ruby Red, Diamond Ruby, Emerald, Diamond Emerald, etc more on those settings. Then there are Cool White, Natural White, Sunlight White, Warm White, XTreme white. Exciting stuff and many tips/tricks to come that I will post up for you all to experiment with.

#3055 5 years ago
orion_rare_earth (resized).pngorion_rare_earth (resized).png
#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like my pinstadium on BM66 and Woz
I don’t get Orion belt so I guess I just need to see it on Tuesday.

Hey great to hear from you and that is great news you haven’t fun and appreciating the Pin Stadiums!

Yes the stream will be the place to see them in action to get a full understanding of them and to see how they will transform the machine. See you there iceman44 !!

#3058 5 years ago

Here is a great Before & After picture of Creature from the Black Lagoon (CFTBL) with some nice low percentage adjustments in the app to maintain that “creepy” look. Also the UV+Glow triggers nicely from the Snack Bar flasher.

D4A7A4E5-4EA0-4B3B-AD31-454581554064 (resized).jpegD4A7A4E5-4EA0-4B3B-AD31-454581554064 (resized).jpeg
#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of the best before and afters I’ve seen. Awesome!

Thank you and Creature thanks you too for noticing . What a clsssic game and fun machine.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Here’s a good before and after with TWD. Notice the reduction in glare. Love my Pinstadiums!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking really good and now you can see to play and still have the deserving haunted look too! Thanks for posting this up!!

#3069 5 years ago

Okay guys this is going to be big and it starts very very shortly at 8pm EST!!

Zach and Greg will be in chat ready to rumble and Chuck Wurt will take us on a fun in depth interactive tour on Deadpool LE with an exclusive physical reveal of Orion's Belt in FULL action for the first time ever. Be on the lookout for what you will see when Orion's Belt meets Disco Mode, Lil Deadpool Switch Frenzy and so much more! See you guys here: https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

DPLE_Stream2 (resized).pngDPLE_Stream2 (resized).png
#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Finally got around to installing Pinstadium lights on my RBION game. If there was ever a game that needed brightening up a bit it’s this one! Before and after pics posted below. This is a very expensive mod but I have to say it’s probably my 2nd favorite (after ColorDMD)

What an incredible transformation that made on your game. Hey thanks for posting this up as we don’t get so see mang RBIONs in this thread. I appreciate your support for the product too!!

#3074 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Great stream of DPLE w/Orion's Belt and PinStadium. I'll be watching again because of the network error and lag I had. I'm lucky to have won. Like I said earlier, thank all involved. Scott/PinStadium & Chuck/Zach SDTM for the prizes and all that watched.

Congrats on the big win for the Orion's Belt WOW!!!!! Thank you for watching and being always so involved with all of us. You are a great supporter!!! Get ready for Orion's Belt. What machine are you going to put it in?

#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Fantastic reveal for Orions Belt. I'm sure the stream will be posted for people who missed it. People should get their orders in before the first batch is sold out. Congratulations on a great new product. Such an entertaining and informative stream.

Thank you for stopping buy and getting to see the stream. It is always a pleasure to have you around and active in the chat and thread. I am glad that you loved Orion's Belt and had a chance to see it in action. Disco Mode was the show stopper for sure!

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

As of now not sure what game, but Thank you. I have 4 weeks to figure that out. I already put order in just in case I'm dreaming, because I can't believe it. I'm going to get another set of PinStadium in about 2/3 weeks just debating on what game TWD pro or GoTLE.

Well it's no dream You can rewatch the SDTM stream when it gets uploaded and you will see that you won!!! GOTLE would be very cool and you could great dial in some vivid Green's and Golds with some white to really make the playfield pop out of the glass! That combined with the UV+Glow during Blackwater Multi-Ball would be a mind blow. If you can imagine those colors mixed into this video:

#3078 5 years ago

A Diamond Emerald setting in the app for color flasher would be extremely cool in that game.

#3079 5 years ago

Here is how that setting would look when configuring it for Orion’s Belt. I think nice Emerald green may be even better and then configure another to XTreme white! Separating them would make even even better impract. Then maybe add a Diamond Gold and and Red also

7963B455-9191-4972-A266-DB5C60901792 (resized).png7963B455-9191-4972-A266-DB5C60901792 (resized).png
#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those disco modes on Deadpool with the Orion’s Belt really were impressive. Glad we had a perfect game to show these off last night.
Very well done Scott!

Hey thank you so much for coming out and setting up such a nice streaming rig to get it properly displayed for everyone to see. You made it a hit!!

You are top notch and a great asset to the already amazing SDTM team.

It was really cool that you were able to see them in person for the first time and give the Wurt seal of approval along with SDTM’s also. Zach messaged me last night said he was very impressed and Disco Multiball sealed the deal too. The cool thing is you can do this with any game and have modes that are equally impressive not just in DP.

chuckwurt you helped a bunch with everyone’s understanding of the rules too, including me. Thank you for that and it’s no surprise since you are very good at rules and even better explaining them

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like Scotts ideas and his passion but this product is too much for me. The constant flashing of red like a heart beat - it all seem to be way too distracting when actually playing the game. There is just so much light going off now it's too much (for me).

Keep in mind that you can move these triggers around to anything and it's a matter of personal preference. Which means that in the set up last night it was to fully demonstrate the product and what it is capable of so that you can take those ideas and use them in a way that works for you. If you don't like the pulsing of the scoop, then you can move it to another location easily (same connection method as Pin Stadiums). Then if something is too bright you dial it down to the brightness level you like. You can literally make these look like factory features. Also if you don't want it to flash then trigger it from another bulb and use the Color Spectrum Blaster feature to cast some nice accenting colors over the playfield, and you can adjust those. Then if you are not sure of the color, simply dial into another that you like. Even better no programming as you just use your finger and done!

#3084 5 years ago

Aside from the crazy cool light show that Orion's Belt delivers it is a very functional piece to help you improve your playing in a way that I have not thought of before. I will re-hash what Trent Augenstein (Tilt Amusements) stated that he is using the flasher/bulb triggers (feel free to reach out to him and ask) to let him know what shots have been made, need to be made so that he can concentrate on where the ball is and not whether it completed a shot by having to look back. It is a very interesting concept and particularly useful during multiball even more. In the back of my head I always think about the shift lights you install in cars when running a 1/4 mile run. You never look at them directly and you continue to focus on all other aspects. Next time you play a game try to think about this conversation and it may become apparent what he is saying. It took me a little but and now I totally get it, wow.

This has definitely helped to improve my playing and scoring a great deal when thinking about Orion's Belt from that perspective. After a while you become used to this and start to rely more on that naturally. I find myself thoroughly of course enjoying and looking forward to the light show which draws me back to what is already a great game.

Anyways, interesting subject that I never intended the product to do and is surely a huge side benefit if you are into scoring and having better ball tracking. So with having Pin Stadiums for the high visible playfield it is a nice combination of products merging together to improve playing. I think Trent is already unstoppable. Mike from Path of Play said it best to me at Pinburgh this year when he saw the Pin Stadiums in action. "See Better Play Better" Great slogan too Mike! https://twitter.com/pathofplay?lang=en

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

you mean you see them to know a shot was needed or made? If only games came with flashers, sounds and other lights that to tell you that.... ohh wait a minute, my games have a bunch of bright lights already, I wonder what they are for??

Haha yes totally agree !! It is simply a side benefit of having them installed and gives you another way to expand the visibility of those already functional features that already come with the game.

By no means is this the reason to get Orion’s Belt as the light show and effect for the sheer entertainment value is what they were designed.

Not all of us play or think like Trent with his mad skills!! He will use anything he can to be a better player and to hone his skills. Tough competitor and a good guy for sure.

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If that bothers you (and it seems to bother a few people), Google- RGB LED Neon light belt. This is a carry-over from the car industry and is mostly a 12 volt application but should work in pinball just fine. It is basically a smooth/diffused shield of lights.

Yes this solution has been discussed in length and is something I am working on for another great add-on. Most games it’s a non-issue and for the ones that the lights may be visible in some spots, benefit generally highly outweigh the alternative of a dark playfield and/or glass glare.

Regarding the car lights, during development I did initially test those out because I remembered using them years ago for that application however unfortunately that type of diffusion/lighting causes heavy light transmission blockage for this application.

Which works great for a car since they product a subtle glow effect, plus the distance is much larger for the diffusion which helps with the lighting cast throw distance measurements.

For a pinball playfield I found out it’s a whole different story as you need very concentrated high quality light to properly bring out the artwork to illuminate it in a fashion that brings it alive.

It is literally like going to an art exhibit but just having the art be horizontal with the ground in the pinball cabinet. Those guys invest in very very high end lighting for the exhibits because of this very reason.

Believe me when I say I am working on it to make the product even better in that sense. And something you can just add to the Pin Stadiums you already own.
Anyways I like how you think and good discussion. Fun stuff!!

#3090 5 years ago

Here is an update from last night's stream. I have received many emails asking what is included in the Orion's Belt kit. I put together this graphic to show the details and contents. Basically it is the same install method as the Pin Stadiums too so very easy to install !!

orions_belt_website_1500 (resized).pngorions_belt_website_1500 (resized).png
#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks for the settings for GoT, that's most likely the game I'll go with. The game maybe three years old but I've only hade it for two weeks now. So it's the go to machine 10 to 1 right now.

Sure thing glad to help. GOT is a great game and you could really ignite it with Orion’s Belt. Looking forward to it!

#3093 5 years ago

I am posting this up as there are a lot of DP Pin Stadium kits shipping out. This will help you all when doing the install on where to connect. Here are some great pictures showing the transformation the Pin Stadium make on the Deadpool. It is literally like night and day!

The UV+Glow really ignites this game and the best location I have found is the center Wolverine spinner. I hope this helps you all out.

DA7E2F4D-A74C-4056-861C-C68E95405355 (resized).jpegDA7E2F4D-A74C-4056-861C-C68E95405355 (resized).jpeg

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's awesome. I would consider that if I owned one as the game very much benefits from pinstadium.
I would also suggest Scott notes that's in this picture otherwise it's misleading as the pinstadium don't look like that on a stock machine

Yes we talked about this in detail on the SDTM stream. You can check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317683216

Robertstone0407 does some amazing work so definitely anyone that's looking for top notch powder coating. Also another feature for Orion's Belt is the integrated Invisi-Shield helps with the light diffusion due to it's mounting position below the Pin Stadium light bar. That was on purpose

#3098 5 years ago

Posting up so nice pics of a Stern Star Trek demonstrating the Before and After results of the Pin Stadiums. The colors in this playfield are gorgeous and the artwork is phenomenal.

I have had several ask where the best spot to trigger the UV+Glow flasher option is. The Vengeance ship flasher provides not only a phenomal flasher light show upon impact but also during certain modes it creates this amazing breathing effect that is worth its weight in gold to see in person.
63F5BE04-9183-496E-A12F-5BD07805C8BE (resized).jpeg63F5BE04-9183-496E-A12F-5BD07805C8BE (resized).jpeg73E8E219-21A6-48FA-B7D4-1C63156E8AA6 (resized).jpeg73E8E219-21A6-48FA-B7D4-1C63156E8AA6 (resized).jpeg7E6F6348-2179-4F85-B4BC-C5B13BA67DA9 (resized).jpeg7E6F6348-2179-4F85-B4BC-C5B13BA67DA9 (resized).jpeg

#3100 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

The color really pop on that Star Trek premium with Pin Stadiums on board. From like a dusk where Elton John says, Don't let the sun go down on me. To The Beatles saying, Good Day Sun Shine.

Wow very well put and deep too!! The artwork on this game is well done and the theme is perfectly designed/portrayed too.

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hey guy isn’t that an LE? The Steve Ritchie signature in the left outlane is a nice touch. He come to the factory to sign that?
The Pinstadiums on there look great.

You are correct it is an LE haha! Good eye on that one. I think they all do get signed at the factory in that location I believe. Sort of a cool spot for a signature.

#3103 5 years ago

Posting up some pics of Sterns POTC with the Pin Stadiums installed with Invisi-Shield and UV+Glow triggered from the ship flasher for a very impressive show.

9E955F8F-A0B9-4C69-80A0-F0E0256E34C0 (resized).jpeg9E955F8F-A0B9-4C69-80A0-F0E0256E34C0 (resized).jpeg
#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I bought the pin stadiums and have a problem with the wifi disconnecting after a game or two constantly. I bought a wifi extender for the room to get a better reception but it still disconnects randomly even with a strong signal.
What am i doing wrong or do i have a faulty unit? I want to buy them for more machines but not until this is figured out! Frustrating that a premium product that works great for a short time and looks amazing then fails after a few minutes. Any help would be great.
Also pin stadium lights versus orion belt, whats the difference?

It sounds like unit is fine and is likely a WiFi configuration issue and maybe interference if it is connecting and disconnecting. Do the lights reset to a fading color pattern and did you add it to your home WiFi 2.4ghz and not 5ghz or are you connecting to it’s open WiFi directly?

If it’s not added to your home WiFi then this is normal as you phone is set to find the primary. You can hit “+” on the main menu to do this. Send me an email and I can help figure out and respond even quicker: [email protected]

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Email or contact Scott directly and as always he will jump on giving you a hand. No worries you will be pleased when you get them going. Just finished my PinStadium install on Deadpool LE today and it looks amazing!!

Thanks for jumping in and helping out. Always appreciated! I’m glad to hear that you got them installed on your DPLE nice!!

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Also pin stadium lights versus orion belt, whats the difference?

Pin Stadiums are for the GI enhancement and then a single color flasher option.

Orion’s Belt is a complimentary product that expands you to unlimited color flashers options work brightness controls and also provides very dramatic color changing effects with game with multiple triggers.

#3110 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Disclaimer, I am NOT a photographer! Deadpool LE install complete and very pleased with the results on this title. Definitely makes your Booms Boom lol. Can't stop playing this game lately. Wifey and I are enjoying it and now it pops like comic book art should. Thanks PS! Mod Couple Approved!

That's a huge transformation!! Wow that machine is looking awesome and I see you dialed in some blue on the app to bring out that nice blue contrast in the artwork. Great job on that. I have to agree with you that this is a great game and it's addicting to play. Love the flow especially from both of the left and right outer loops! The right loop really can get that momentum going to try the challenging lock ramp shot.

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Scott. You get a LOT of grief from every direction that I am sure would break down the average person but you stay the coarse. And you Should! No your product is not needed for every game but some (Like DP) your product truly transforms game play. I suspect (myself honestly included) much of your resistance is due partially to jealousy. To find a Universal Mod for Any machine is technically the holly grail of a product. You not only found that but you successfully created it, marketed it (a bit much at times), supported it, and continue to improve it. Thats the perfect formula for success and I wish you much success sincerely!! Not a paid endorsement but games my wife and I like we soon Love because your product improves our experience. Can't find complaint with that? Do I wish I created such a product? Every day! lol You keep doing what you do and Know that you are doing something that people appreciate and enjoy!

I really do appreciate this post so much coming from someone such as yourself that is not only a great person but an avid collector in this industry. I have met you in person at Expo (very early adopter thank you!) and talked on the phone to know this . In addition I have heard nothing but major props for your incredible “props” for these amazing machines that you guys make

With your quality and innovative mods you give us that feeling I remember getting when going to the store when I was young and seeing that thing in the store that was something I “had” to have. I couldn’t stop thinking about it and how much better it would be if I owned it. I love what you do too!!

You also are a great customer and supporter of the product on your own freewill which makes moments like this invaluable. I really appreciate you and for taking time out of your weekend to be such a positive influence in this thread.

If the MOD Couple is happy then I am happy!!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3115 5 years ago

A blast from the past! KevInBuffalo sent these when he did his first install of Pin Stadiums ever on Swords of Fury...

2AB7535F-1CFC-4976-89FB-B37DA3CC8CD5 (resized).jpeg2AB7535F-1CFC-4976-89FB-B37DA3CC8CD5 (resized).jpeg4323CDEC-970B-47F1-AFDD-D51DCC13A559 (resized).jpeg4323CDEC-970B-47F1-AFDD-D51DCC13A559 (resized).jpeg
#3116 5 years ago

Side by side of it. I think this is one of the most dramatic installs that I have seen!

14834FDF-E132-4766-9A8B-76270EF04B01 (resized).jpeg14834FDF-E132-4766-9A8B-76270EF04B01 (resized).jpeg
#3117 5 years ago

Several have asked for some pics of Rob Zombie since it is one of those games with beautiful artwork but could use a “little” boost. UV+Glow is triggered from the purple flasher which is very appropriate for this game. Here you go!

DA8B8572-F2A3-4B75-AB19-5432AC5ACF1D (resized).jpegDA8B8572-F2A3-4B75-AB19-5432AC5ACF1D (resized).jpeg
#3118 5 years ago

Here are some before and after of LOTR. Several have been asking about it since the SDTM LOTR review:

Here you go guys!!

4C8E420B-8D65-4E50-94E7-7C49ED2DCAAF (resized).jpeg4C8E420B-8D65-4E50-94E7-7C49ED2DCAAF (resized).jpeg
#3119 5 years ago

The best location I have found for some really impressive results is the Balrog flasher. When he comes out, it is absolutely amazing to see what happens.

lotr_flasherlocation (resized).pnglotr_flasherlocation (resized).png
#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Great a game that's designed to be dark and creepy, now messed up. Might as well turn on the lights in the haunted house too, that was the bad guys POP!

Yes I couldn’t agree more that it needs to have that dark and creepy look. The picture shown is at 100% brightness with warm whites only. I think the best setting is at 45% brightness as it makes the artwork visible and have a really nice haunting looking. You can also dial in some other colors like blue to make it even spookier !! The good news is that you can make it exactly how you like.

#3122 5 years ago

Here is what I found to be a great setting in the Pin Stadium app for the LOTR owners:

CEE68E24-C270-414E-A011-A47D75FBC94E (resized).jpegCEE68E24-C270-414E-A011-A47D75FBC94E (resized).jpeg
#3123 5 years ago

I wanted to post an update on the status of the Orion's Belt, good news and bad news. Some have tried to purchase them and were unable as they are officially sold out.

The good news is that Orion's Belt has received excellent feedback and comments after the SDTM Deadpool LE stream that displayed it in action along with full explanation/instructions as to how it works and what kind of impressive results it provides to your pinball machine. Disco Mode was the show stopper for the night!!

For those of you who missed it and want to learn more, you can still check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317683216

The bad news is that the first batch run has officially sold out as as result. This scheduled production is so that Pin Stadium can keep up with demand and time delivery promises of the 4-6 week period which is on schedule still for the first week of November that these will ship out.

More good news is that very shortly there will be another scheduled production run announced coming up soon so stay tuned in case you missed out on the first batch. Thank you all again for the outstanding and overwhelming support not only for Orion's Belt but also for Pin Stadiums (as usual) too! You guys are incredible!!

---
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
sold_out (resized).pngsold_out (resized).png

#3125 5 years ago

No problem and glad to help. Here you go! The best place I found is the Pharoh’s flasher. Email me with any questions: [email protected]

4924D8BD-45D5-4E87-BB90-F414CA91B591 (resized).jpeg4924D8BD-45D5-4E87-BB90-F414CA91B591 (resized).jpeg
#3126 5 years ago

If you have the GI figured out, then you can just reference the left "Flasher" side of the picture.

#3128 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Yes, because the GI pics do not coincide with each other!

You are correct and I updated it to show a connection to a white GI. Any of the whites will work. Thank you.

#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That's what happens. Good products sell out fast. Congratulations! I know Scott will be working hard to get ahead of production on the new Orlon's Belt. Please keep us updated when people can start placing new orders.

Thank you!! It has been a very interesting journey the last couple weeks and has been extremely busy especially with preparing for Expo too with the normal constant flow of Pin Stadiums orders also. No complaints by any means. I will be sure to post up when the next run of Orion’s Belt start up.

#3132 5 years ago
Quoted from Martymainframe:

Looks very familiar

Yes I should have mentioned that these pics should have been signed by yours truly Martin Martymainframe from Head2head http://www.head2headpinball.com/

Great last episode with Roger Sharpe that is worth checking out for sure !! Thank you guys for the great podcast. Hilarious and informative as usual.

#3133 5 years ago

Big thumbs up goes out to PAPA Pinball www.papa.org for all they have done for us in the pinball community!

Be sure to check them out on Youtube as they are cranking out a lot of streams/videos regularly. There is a ton to learn and they have some of the best players showing us the ropes. Thanks again guys PAPA for all of those mad skills you teach us all. It's like going to camp for free without having to leave the comfort of your own home. Can't beat that!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/PAPApinball
papa_approved2 (resized).pngpapa_approved2 (resized).png

#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They actually stream on YT.

Updated that thanks!!!!

#3136 5 years ago

There have been a few questions about the differences between installation methods for a 1995 Bally #attack-from-mars and a Chicago Gaming #attack-from-mars-remake-standard . You will connect to a white GI on both, but for the Chicago Gaming AFMR you will use the wire taps to insert into the GI connector and then clip on to those. For the UV+Glow flasher trigger the best place is the "Center Saucer Dome" and that will require the wire taps on both also. Just pressure fit them inside of the connector and you are good to go!

Attack from Mars is an amazing game if you have not had a chance to play or own one. Chicago Gaming makes a superb remake version incredible. Check them out here: http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

We will have both Bally AFM and Chicago Gaming's AFMR at the booth with Pin Stadiums installed for you to witness and play in person. There will be no need for words and the results will be nothing less than impressive, but I will let you make the final decision once you walk up to the machine and you are able to see them for yourself.

It will be worth stopping by just for those 2 games alone as that playfield is UV Reactive and when the UV+Glow hits it is quite a site to see. This is one of the top sellers for Pin Stadium among many others. Here is a great "recorded live" video to watch form last years Chicago Expo 2017 with Nick and Kevin from Buffalo Pinball and Zach and Greg from SDTM battling it out on machine. They give their opinions and feedback as to what they think too. See if you can tell if this is a new or remake machine

@kevinbuffalo @zmeny @hollywoodbone

attackfrommars (resized).pngattackfrommars (resized).png
#3137 5 years ago

These are the recommended AFMR Chicago gaming GI connections for the Pin Stadiums.

309D5A4D-B1E6-444E-83E0-1F4ACE25EC7C (resized).jpeg309D5A4D-B1E6-444E-83E0-1F4ACE25EC7C (resized).jpeg

#3138 5 years ago

Here are some before and afters that many asked about from yesterday's previous pics. Posting them up here. Can anyone guess if this is an AFM or AFMR? To the untrained eye it may be very tough.

afm_before_after2 (resized).pngafm_before_after2 (resized).png
#3139 5 years ago

Also here are some highly requested Before and Afters of WOZ Wizard of Oz

There is a special adapter that comes with this one to make the connection to the flasher even easier. This triggers the UV+Glow from the witch for a really vibrant light show with a very "eerie" effect that Jack from JJP said he loves! He recently contacted us for Pin Stadiums for both of his personal WOZ machines and said he loves what they do for the machine. Great guy and great manufacturer that is really pushing the bounds of pinball in such an incredible way, it's an honor to say the very least.

woz_follow_yb (resized).pngwoz_follow_yb (resized).png
#3140 5 years ago

This newer method of connecting the flasher for WOZ has been around for a few months, but if anyone with an earlier WOZ Pin Stadium kit would like to upgrade to an even better connection please email me at [email protected]

Other than Alien and WOZ, the Pin Stadiums do not need anything specific to work on any machine. Which means if you sell a machine you can easily transfer that over to a new one. I did create a "Transport Pack" for this purposes that customer's suggested would be nice. If you need one of those here is the link: https://pinstadium.com/product/transport-pack/

It's all about progression

#3141 5 years ago

Here is a good quality customer uploaded video of that connection to WOZ for the flasher and also demonstrates the Pin Stadium's GI module doing is job by syncing with the game's modes. Thanks bobukcat !!! :

#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Looks like AFMR, but for sure it looks good.

It is actually an old Bally AFM. Hard to tell for sure because of how vivid the playfield is lit with the lights.

#3144 5 years ago

Here are some Before & After pics of the results of installing Pin Stadiums on Iron Man Vault Edition.

The rexommended place to connect the UV+Glow is from the “right ramp flasher” which means each time you hit the standup up drone targets it really ignites the playfield!!

Recently Nick Lane from Buffalo Pinball installed a set in his Iron Man and loves them. I will have to find the video stream of them in action on his machine and post it up here.

C3756801-8C04-41C3-BC24-BFC6D941F39E (resized).jpegC3756801-8C04-41C3-BC24-BFC6D941F39E (resized).jpeg
#3145 5 years ago

Found it!

It looks like Nick had the UV+Glow triggered from one of the lower left flashers and would go off when you hit Iron Monger too. Later he took my recommendation to trigger from the right ramp flasher as the frequency is much more balanced. The beauty with the Pin Stadiums is that you can easily move these around to your personal preference. It only takes a second.

Check this video out for some great tips on rules and how to play it to the fullest!!

#3146 5 years ago

Very rare to see this Monopoly let alone with Pin Stadiums! A customer just send these to me this evening very ecstatic with the results.

7F79E3D1-E7C6-4B37-9A10-63C50830F0A9 (resized).jpeg7F79E3D1-E7C6-4B37-9A10-63C50830F0A9 (resized).jpeg
#3147 5 years ago

Getting ready to start loading up games for Expo everyone. There will be some top notch games there with over 400sq feet of games so 20 really nice games total. All will be loaded with Pin Stadiums and a couple with Orion’s Belt too.

Pin Stadiums will be in stock at the show. They completely sold out last week but another run of them is just finishing up later today. A large amount of these will be set aside for the show but there will be some available for online orders if you are considering getting some there will be some starting today and throughout the week.

Thanks again all for the great support. This Pinball Expo is going to be amazing. American Pinball and Pin Stadium will be back to back to each other!!

#3149 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty please can you bring some stadium awnings (shields?) to the show. Looking to get 4-5 sets if you would be so kind. Thanks and travel safe.

Yes absolutely I will have Invisi-Shields in stock too! Looking forward to seeing you there.

#3150 5 years ago

Here is one of the games in route to Expo. IMDN LE with Pin Stadiums/UV+Glow and Orion’s Belt!! Add some luxurious gold powder coating by Robertstone0407 from Stone Cold Coatings and you have a Super LE!

0D445DCE-3A8F-4D40-B7B6-574141FDBD4C (resized).jpeg0D445DCE-3A8F-4D40-B7B6-574141FDBD4C (resized).jpeg10DC047E-C813-499E-BCDB-8486964C8C54 (resized).jpeg10DC047E-C813-499E-BCDB-8486964C8C54 (resized).jpeg1F67289F-E91C-4DD4-A192-41AB24AD6C71 (resized).jpeg1F67289F-E91C-4DD4-A192-41AB24AD6C71 (resized).jpeg3100AED2-BE1E-4B74-8F91-82BE748E6ED6 (resized).jpeg3100AED2-BE1E-4B74-8F91-82BE748E6ED6 (resized).jpeg355B1574-A4F4-44A1-8E99-5BF9BD9261AE (resized).jpeg355B1574-A4F4-44A1-8E99-5BF9BD9261AE (resized).jpeg39444A86-CE32-4421-BED3-B68408DEA457 (resized).jpeg39444A86-CE32-4421-BED3-B68408DEA457 (resized).jpeg3A34F4ED-0EE9-46F4-B045-6AE78541D808 (resized).jpeg3A34F4ED-0EE9-46F4-B045-6AE78541D808 (resized).jpeg4F4D4700-BD9C-40BC-A5CA-F36C561C08B7 (resized).jpeg4F4D4700-BD9C-40BC-A5CA-F36C561C08B7 (resized).jpeg5E8DCF24-75EE-4E0B-9C00-B26C13372839 (resized).jpeg5E8DCF24-75EE-4E0B-9C00-B26C13372839 (resized).jpegA66A13D9-6596-477D-8CF7-2C91265A2262 (resized).jpegA66A13D9-6596-477D-8CF7-2C91265A2262 (resized).jpegA83B5C0F-A906-40A5-9B46-31E7AFC6BDF1 (resized).jpegA83B5C0F-A906-40A5-9B46-31E7AFC6BDF1 (resized).jpegEEF9BC14-3CBD-4DD8-84F8-CAB46A0E3A20 (resized).jpegEEF9BC14-3CBD-4DD8-84F8-CAB46A0E3A20 (resized).jpeg

#3151 5 years ago

Several have asked the best place to trigger the UV+Glow for Deadpool. I have found the Wolverine spinner to be the best for that.

It’s the spinner at the top left that connects to the left loop. There are many other spots to trigger from too so it’s all personal preference. I have used this location for the best results and it also works extremely well in this spot in conjunction with the Orion’s Belt flashers (triggered from other flasher locstions but you could use it here instead too) for a really impressive light show that elevates this game even more!

#3152 5 years ago

Okay some really great news for this week's Pin Stadium booth at Chicago Expo.

As you know there will be 20 pinball machines on display and available to play with our product line in each of them. Bill Webb from Special When Lit Podcast https://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.libsyn.com is going to transform his Transformers LE with the Pin Stadiums and the UV+Glow!! Ken Cromwell his partner in crime will be there too.

The world famous Zach ZMeny and Greg Hollywoodbone from SDTM https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball will be hanging out at the booth and signing autographs along with their new shirts that are now on sale!! Heck have them sign the shirt and it will double in value instantly (Market Trends Tip of the Week)

Jeff pin2d from This Week In Pinball https://thisweekinpinball.com will be paying some regular visits there. You can play "Where's Waldo" with him per Zach and see if you can find him. I will give a $50 gift card to the first person that is able to locate this information powerhouse in the Pinball industry.

Robert Berk who is the head chairman and one of the original founders of Expo is going to give us the pick of the litter. He is bringing about 85 beautiful pinball machines from his massive collection and he said Pin Stadium gets to choose which of those will fill the rest of the booth. If you guys have any preferences to "Cherry Pick" the games you would like to see at the booth please post it up here or email me at [email protected]

This is going to be a huge event and we are so excited to see you all this week!! Also for any collectors or operators interested in getting some really in depth insight as to what we are doing for the pinball industry (past, present and FUTURE) there is a seminar on Friday at 1:45pm EST in the River Ball Room worth checking out.

I will personally be demonstrating the technology, easy install process, talk about benefits and tips for collectors on how to get the most out of your games, use the app, and also help to guide operators who are currently using or considering Pin Stadiums for increasing coin-drop revenue while adding that "dazzle" to their customer's experience. It should be a fun filled day and hope to you see you all at the show!

come_see_to_believe (resized).pngcome_see_to_believe (resized).png

#3153 5 years ago

Okay here is the final list of machines that will be at the booth at Expo. A lot of good titles and variety. I hope you all will be happy with them!

Attack From Mars
The Flintstones
Godzilla
Congo
Lord of the Rings
Ghostbusters
Dialed In
WOZ
Theater of Magic
Scared Stiff
Whirlwind
Monster Bash
Twilight Zone
Demolition Man
Star Wars
Deadpool LE
Iron Maiden LE
Medieval Madness LE
The Walking Dead Premium
Transformers LE

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3161 5 years ago

Sorry busy day guys loading up the trailer full of games and product. Thank you for managing this thread for me!! Leaving first thing in the morning tomorrow to Expo. See you all there!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Has anyone installed their Pinstadiums on top of Power Blades yet? We want both for Dialed In and Iron Maiden, but are worried we won't be able to lift the playfield properly.

Sorry for the delay just got done unloading at Expo and setting up now. The new HD Magna-Mounts work with those fine, you just need to raise slowly and it will clear. Also they do not each put the Power Bladez at all and they are are great combination. Joe from Pin Graffix agrees it is a wicked combination I hope this helps.

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I haven't seen this combo yet. I would think that the pinstadiums would wash out the powerbladez. I debated one or the other ... chose pinstadium, but haven't installed it yet - just got the pinstadiums last weekend.

No worries they work awesome together promise you will be very pleased. I have a lot of customers that do both very regularly.

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

The Pin Stadium's fit perfectly over my Iron Maiden Powerbladez but there is one issue, the Powerbladez cause the LEDs to glow dimmly and flicker. If you try to turn the Pin Stadium's off you will definitely notice this issue. It's not a major biggie as I have no reason to disable the Pin Stadium's but the flicker is noticeable during "Fear of the Dark" and bootup. Any ideas on a fix Scott?

This is the first I have heard of this but I know what you are seeing. The Power Bladez and Pin Stadiums are not connected and run as independent units.

What you are seeing is when the Pin Stadiums are off during certain modes because of the GI module properly syncing them, the Power Bladez are still running their constant pattern in those brief moments (since they do not sync with the G.I.) and the lights from them are lighting up the LED housings on the Pin Stadiums making it look like they are on.

It is not a Pin Stadium issue but there are two fixes for this. One would be to re-wire your Power Bladez to trigger off of the GI or you can get Invisible-Shields for the Pin Stadiums (if you don’t have them already) to help shield that light a bit.

The first option is the best solution though. I hope this helps and makes sense.

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

No the UV's are definitely turning on. If I move the pin Stadium's on to the play field they are fine.
[quoted image]

It looks to be the UV LED housing picking up the lights from the Power Bladez. It makes them look like it is on for those brief moments. The LED lens and housing is sensitive and is picking up that light causing that effect. That is why when you move them it goes away. Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I will put you in touch with a good customer that has them on his AC/DC too or you can messaged him here: bmegar

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ok Scott, we're counting on you to be the eyes and ears for those that can't travel to enjoy this great Expo. Just do like you did at Pinburgh and all will be fine. Thanks again for your much needed products.

I will be sure to post up some pics and information here for sure. We are the first booth right in front of this years new main entrance. So we have a great bird’s eye view of all the happening.

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ok Scott, we're counting on you to be the eyes and ears for those that can't travel to enjoy this great Expo. Just do like you did at Pinburgh and all will be fine. Thanks again for your much needed products.

So it’s 6:30am here at Expo and all is quiet on the western front “for the moment”. Setting up banners in the front area I was able to get some pics. I was one of the first vendors setting up yesterday and was able to see some American Pinball setting up but no Oktoberfest machines “yet”. Stern was not setup as they are doing that today. There’s a different energy here at Expo and it’s a good one. The vendor hall layout is incredible and things feel new and fresh.

Think we are in for an incredible Expo and I will post up here my behind the scenes experience periodically throughout the day. If I can snap some good pics I will do that too!!

Here is the scene right now:

25FD7A48-FEE4-4626-9C56-C207A2CB6A2E (resized).jpeg25FD7A48-FEE4-4626-9C56-C207A2CB6A2E (resized).jpeg55CF349F-31DD-46A5-AF0E-74B8B8BF25AA (resized).jpeg55CF349F-31DD-46A5-AF0E-74B8B8BF25AA (resized).jpeg8663DDCB-7A67-48A9-991C-7A1EF0856B03 (resized).jpeg8663DDCB-7A67-48A9-991C-7A1EF0856B03 (resized).jpegFC38F228-E161-494D-9727-632AA4E9571C (resized).jpegFC38F228-E161-494D-9727-632AA4E9571C (resized).jpeg
#3178 5 years ago

Also just got the first Pin Stadium install on a Spooky Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle (ACNC). The results are nothing short of spectacular!! A very happy customer sent me these pics. Check it out:
84B39671-8E23-4983-AD75-A3A7BFEDC9C5 (resized).jpeg84B39671-8E23-4983-AD75-A3A7BFEDC9C5 (resized).jpeg

#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

Will do Scott. The next pictures are a better repersenation of the issue as both show the UV's on while the Pin Stadiums are turned off. All is fine when the Powerbladez El transformer is shut off.

I understand what you are saying now. Can you send me an underside picture of where you are connecting the UV+Glow? The machine controls the flasher portion and not the app. Somewhere along the line you are getting voltage from the machine and it’s likely the location or connection. I put mine on the lighting bolt flashers. The right lightning bolt on the left ramp.

#3181 5 years ago

The vendo hall is starting to fill up with vendors and booths are coming together. T-Minus 5:19 and counting!!

It is going to be a really great show folks

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

So I had an interesting experience, possibly similar in nature, but with a different (completely unrelated? or slightly related?) cause. I have the pinstadium on my green WoZ. The WoZ cabinet power switch was turned off, and we had a power outage. Because of the reported power sensitivity of the WoZ, it happens to be hooked up to a UPS, which is capable of powering the entire machine for a few minutes, so that it won't ever experience sudden power fluctuations. The UPS kicked in instantly of course, and while the cabinet was still switched off, the lights (UV if I remember right?) started this very dim flickering glow. I probably would not have noticed if it wasn't so dark at the time. When I noticed this I thought "uh-oh, wonder what thats all about" and turned off the UPS. seems to work fine, but there was definitely some kind of sensitivity to something going on. Perhaps it is this sensitivity that is causing this other effect as well.

That example that you mention tells us that most any of our devices are getting some kind of feedback current from our house lines and the UV+Glow is sensitive enough in that instance to show it. That’s why it’s really important to use a power and surge protector for lighting strikes or power surges to protect our pretty machines.

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

I think my example may be from the not-quite-sine-wave generated by the UPS feeding to the pinstadium which was of course plugged in at the time

Yes that sounds like it exactly.

#3188 5 years ago

The Expo has been really fun event so far as day 1 of 3 has come to a close. Yesterday was rather eventful with the anticipated reveal of Oktoberfest and Monster Bash Remake. They both look very nice and these two companies have done a superb job.

SDTM has some great coverage and it’s worth checking out:

#3189 5 years ago

Just announced, special Expo code for 15% discount off "ALL" Pin Stadium products today and tomorrow (Fri & Sat).

Use code "cexpo15" and this applies to the 2nd Limited run of Orion's Belt that was just announced this morning!

If you guys are at the show please stop by and say hi. Ton's of machines to play...

expo_2018_v2 (resized).pngexpo_2018_v2 (resized).png
#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from Netzley_Crunch:

Scott’s Chicago Expo 2018 demonstration with STDM/Zach and Greg made installation look simple (unfortunately the Elvira machine was malfunctioning).
The machines with the lighting installed in the exhibit hall look great. Ordered.

Thank you for the post and kind words. Glad that you stopped by for the event and seminar too. Much appreciated!

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I must have missed something. Orion’s Belt just came out and...it’s gonna be discontinued?

Spiderpin is correct. Orion’s Belt first run sold out and now another limited 2nd run was just announced at Expo. So the Pinball Expo discount of 15% that is active this weekend “cexpo15” applies to all Pin Stadium products sitewide.

7CD9C818-745C-4AEB-9817-63194DA13B50 (resized).jpeg7CD9C818-745C-4AEB-9817-63194DA13B50 (resized).jpeg8C9B111A-B1CF-4CDE-855F-8A0A51AFC883 (resized).jpeg8C9B111A-B1CF-4CDE-855F-8A0A51AFC883 (resized).jpeg
#3196 5 years ago

Okay so some funny things to mention.

There are still many that do not know about Pin Stadiums and when they come to the booth they think they are just playing at a Free Play section since the booth is large with so many games. They will then walk up to me and ask why these games look so different and not like theirs . I then tell them about the Pin Stadium and turn them off and in and show them the UV+Glow.

Then now with Orion’s Belt there are Pin Stadium customers coming to the booth and they are playing DPLE and IMDN LE but don’t realize they have the Orion’s installed. Then they come up to me and say that they already have Pin Stadiums with the UV+Glow and love the results but they don’t know whytheir machine doesn’t the same.

I then proceed to tell them that Orion’s Belt is installed and give them a demo of them and show them where they are installed since you can’t see them with the Stealth Mount. Feedback and comments have been incredible and I am glad you all are loving the new product

It’s funny how this has happened so many times. If you are at the show please stop by and check them out as they really are impressive to see in person.

I want to thank everyone for stopping by and also for all of you guys that support this product so tremendously!! Without you this would not be possible.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Scott, I like the setup with the canopy to keep overhead lights out. Only wished I could be there and see it in person. I can't so I'll bring the show to me. Ordered 1 of the Orion's Belt 2nd run.

Thank you so much for your Orion’s Belt order and it would have been nice to have you here in person. You are missing this couple of hoodlums raiding the Pin Stadium booth

ZMeny Hollywoodbone we even caught a sighting of the famous Mod Couple too! He stopped by to pick up a set of Invisi-Shields thank you Yelobird for your business but even better your great mods which look really nice with Pin Stadiums!!

45C6A8B8-A679-4BD6-8932-9812F1864C96 (resized).jpeg45C6A8B8-A679-4BD6-8932-9812F1864C96 (resized).jpegD0ABDD80-7325-4F6C-BF93-E81D9EFBE7D5 (resized).jpegD0ABDD80-7325-4F6C-BF93-E81D9EFBE7D5 (resized).jpegE693C2D1-B765-4BB4-9951-912D8CC2F34B (resized).jpegE693C2D1-B765-4BB4-9951-912D8CC2F34B (resized).jpeg
#3201 5 years ago

SDTM will be hanging around the booth if anyone would like to stop by and meet these great guys! You will find they are even funnier in person. Right now they are chatting away making another great episode

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAoeA05zcyksTEN3dEXCzCA

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Watch this. All we talk about for the first 15-20 mins is what the product is and how it works.
Works independently of Pinstadium.

Thanks for posting this up and for handling the thread. I’m at Expo and slammed so not my usual response time.

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Personally I really like the Orion’s Belt. I have played an Iron Maiden and Deadpool with it and both look fantastic. It really adds to the game in my opinion. The pin stadiums are the best and Orion’s Belt is a close second.

Hey that’s awesome you are enjoying them and Pinball Expo 2018 just gave use the award for them this year. Also we won best exhibit which was equally an amazing honor.

Thank you all for the support and a special thanks goes out to the Robert and his wife and ALL of the amazing workers they helped continually throughout the event. They still are as the show is not even over yet. The booth was non-stop action and I bet there were more than 10,000 players on these games.

I appreciate all of you guys that have been supporting the Pin Stadium product line on a very incredible level!

Still a few hours left to use the code “cexpo15” and this saves your $40 on each kit which is huge!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
08888EDE-1AB8-4328-9DA7-2394343E60E5 (resized).jpeg08888EDE-1AB8-4328-9DA7-2394343E60E5 (resized).jpeg523C4966-A56A-4F86-B1F6-6102583D37C5 (resized).jpeg523C4966-A56A-4F86-B1F6-6102583D37C5 (resized).jpeg8FC56C36-9865-48E4-BB0B-46693561CED4 (resized).jpeg8FC56C36-9865-48E4-BB0B-46693561CED4 (resized).jpegB0EFA178-D11E-4800-B788-A9A12427E4E6 (resized).jpegB0EFA178-D11E-4800-B788-A9A12427E4E6 (resized).jpeg

#3209 5 years ago

Thank you very much @mountaingamer !!!!

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great display of premium games and as always Scott is always there to share his excitement of the hobby and support any way he can. You really put on a great display and we appreciated seeing your amazing New product live. Best to you and your progress to put pinball in a new light! Travel safe and know that your product and support are appreciated.

Thank you so much and I am glad that you got to see Orion’s Belt in action finally

It was really nice to get to see you again and the similar excitement you share with the hobby with your huge passion.

You are truly a key asset to the pinball community that is always a pleasure!

For anyone who does not know Yelobird and The Mod Couples creations. I will tell you that they are beautiful pieces of art that sit ever so nicely under the glow of your Pin Stadiums. Take a peek: https://themodcouplepinball.com/

#3213 5 years ago

Well everyone it was a very exciting show and Robert and his wife Brigitt really did a superb job. This was the best Expo to date and it was a whole new game literally. Thank you Expo for a job very well done and we look forward to next year.

#3214 5 years ago

Also an update on all of the orders that were placed from the show after you all getting to see them live and in action. Also for those that placed orders online.

We shipping orders our right away this week and you will receive tracking information to your email inbox when they go to leave out!

Thank you all for your tremendous support for the product and amazing response to it. Wow absolutely incredible folksz. The Pin Stadium booth was jammed pack and a huge line all day. So cool!!

050A1880-235A-453E-AB30-655B5F9EF820 (resized).jpeg050A1880-235A-453E-AB30-655B5F9EF820 (resized).jpeg200DF55D-56BC-4CE1-BAE1-6E7AFAFE9EE6 (resized).jpeg200DF55D-56BC-4CE1-BAE1-6E7AFAFE9EE6 (resized).jpeg75EFCC47-CE75-4382-8A1D-256CEB812F97 (resized).jpeg75EFCC47-CE75-4382-8A1D-256CEB812F97 (resized).jpeg7F58837C-A8C8-4DD2-93F4-799191648A84 (resized).jpeg7F58837C-A8C8-4DD2-93F4-799191648A84 (resized).jpegCDCF8CAE-11CA-4AC1-814F-E0BB09AB86A4 (resized).jpegCDCF8CAE-11CA-4AC1-814F-E0BB09AB86A4 (resized).jpeg
#3218 5 years ago

I wanted to post up this great Before & After Robert Berk's Apollo 13 machine that I personally installed the Pin Stadiums into. The results were really impressive as this game was one of the darker games I have seen. Take a look:

119866C6-5077-450E-97CE-A7C39780A757 (resized).jpeg119866C6-5077-450E-97CE-A7C39780A757 (resized).jpegapollo_13 (resized).pngapollo_13 (resized).png
#3219 5 years ago

In celebration of the Expo 2018 award we just received for the "Best New Mod" for our Pin Stadium/Orion's Belt product, we are celebrating by re-activating TODAY ONLY the Expo discount of 15%!  This means you save $40 off Pin Stadiums and/or Orion's Belt!!   

Use code "cexpo15" at checkout.

I wanted to personally thank all of you for being such amazing supporters of the Pin Stadium product line and for all of you that voted at the show to give us the prestigious awards we received this weekend. This is great for you weary travelers just getting back from the show who were not able to take your Pin Stadiums on the plane. You know who you are

I hope this helps!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

expo_2018_v2_monday (resized).pngexpo_2018_v2_monday (resized).png
#3220 5 years ago

I corrected and updated:

Use code "cexpo15" at checkout

It is now active as a few tried and it had not been re-activated. It is "live" now so you should be good to go. Man you guys are fast!!

#3222 5 years ago

I would start with Pin Stadiums if you don't have them already and then add Orion's Belt when you want more flasher versatility (adds even more colors and controls). Here is a video to show you how impressive the UV+Glow is on that game and also the dramatic GI illumination you will receive too. ACDC does really well with the Pin Stadiums and I promise you will be very pleased with the results :

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got a question about the product. I’m thinking about getting it for acdc, but I don’t know if I should get pin stadium and/or Orion’s Belt. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. What I’m looking for is:
+ something attached to the lightning bolt flashers that go off to help enhance the experience of those rules. (I’ve been thinking of getting the pinbits or Hooked lightning bolts for this, but wonder if pinstadium would be better).
+ something to help enhance the lighting experience when the cannon is loaded.
Thanks in advance.

I found the best spot to trigger the Pin Stadium's UV+Glow flasher is from the 2nd lightning bolt from the left. It's the one on the right if the left ramp. It's really cool because when you hit them the first time you get a really nice flash effect, then progressively it builds even stronger and brighter each hit until you get them all. Very cool effect!

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How many points can you hook pinstadium up to? Can you do one effect for the lightning bolts and another for the cannon? Or is that what Orion’s Belt is for?
———————————
Any plans for Pinstadium to make an appearance to the Banning, CA show? Either the INDISC one in January or the arcade expo in March?

With the Pin Stadiums you will hook the GI up to a GI bulb on the machine and then the UV+Glow to one point on the machine for flashers. You can easily move it around. If you want multiple connections and colors then you can expand into the Orion’s Belt.

Currently with just the UV+Glow hooked up to the lightning bolt, when the cannon hits a target they go off also.

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

Had the pleasure to meet Scott at the Chicago Expo on Thursday. He was awesome to deal with. He Spent 20 minutes showing my wife and I his products and explaining how they work and hook up to the machine. We own an Iron Maiden Pro. We bought the Pin Stadium and UV Glow Flasher combo. We were excited to take it home and try it out. After a few attempts to get the flasher hooked up and some additional guidance and help from Scott, we got it working. It is awesome. Completely brought the game and blades to life. The colors popped like never before. We were shocked how much it brightened up the play field. I have it hooked up to Pharaoh flasher so it goes off for target hits and jack pots in battle modes. The UV glow kicks in during Fear of Dark Mode. The App that controls the LED lights is awesome as it comes with about preset modes. My favorite is the 7 color fades. It also allows you to create custom colors and brightness. This is such a great product. So glad I bought these lights. Well worth the money and Scott is awesome to work with!!! Thanks again. If you own a machine you should highly consider purchasing this product to take your pin to the next level. Here are some before and after shots in a darkened room so you can really see how it lights up the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was really great to have met you both too. I am so glad that you guys stopped by and were able to see the results on even one of the newest games in the market (and the machine you personally own) Iron Maiden. Seeing is believing, but wow you took it to another level by getting a set and then seeing it on your own machine at home. I could not believe how fast you got them from the show to your house, then later that night you already had them on your machine That was awesome to see your excitement to get them installed. The pics you sent look excellent and it's a very dramatic difference and will help many other Iron Maiden owners to considering these for their game.

I have to agree that Fear of the Dark mode or Mummy Multiball are my favorites as the playfield fades dark and the red GI rises up, then the UV+Glow hits and it's crazy!!!

Thanks again for your support for the product and kind words too. Enjoy your new version of Iron Maiden!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

I have the blue lightning bolt flashers, and they are a must. They flash to the rear as well. I also have the Pin Stadiums, and was surprised at how well both mods work together. I have the Pin Stadium flashers hooked to the left lightning bolt, that way they flash with the spinner. Off the hook.

That is really good to know that they work awesome together and compliment each other well. Thanks for the input and feedback on that!

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I haven gone through the entire 65 pages of this thread but I am hoping I can get some questions answered.
I just purchased two set of Pinstadium kits with the GI module, UW+Glow and invisible-Sheild options.
I plan on installing them in my GB and TWD Premium machines.
1) Does anyone have a picture of what the best place is to put the alligator clips onto the GI and Flasher hookups for each machine.?
2) Can anyone recommend optimum settings for each machine?
3) I see they work with art blades. I have art blades on both machines. I didnt receive the kits so I cant inspect the lightbars yet but I am wondering how do they adhear properly to the blades? Any issues?
4) Is there any way to disconnect the light strips when raising the playfield or is the only option to rest them on the playfield and wedge them on the slings.

For GB and TWD the best and easiest place to connect to the GI underneath the slingshot area. Those are always very easy to access.

For the UV+Glow Flasher connection on GB I recommend triggering front the left Ghost Trap flasher. It is located on the backboard of the playfield. For TWD trigger from the flasher that is under the Well Walker for some really impressive results.

For color settings on the Pin Stadium app for GB I like to run in the turquoise spectrum and white lighting at 90-100%

For TWD I run Red and then the white lighting at 50%.

I am shipping out your sets today so you should have them in a couple days. The Pin Stadium lights bars are designed to mount easily on top of the art blades, just below the glass slide in line. There is a really good install video game on the Pin Stadium website that The Canadian Arcade did that is very helpful. Of course you can always email me directly too: [email protected]

The light bars mount with the HD Magna Mounts so that you can easily remove them from the cabinet side and they snap right back into place. You can rest the light bars in the playfield when raising it and if you go all the way you can simply crisss cross them against the inside edges of the backbox or you can normally find a sweet spot to tuck them under on the game like a habitraol or slingshot.

I hope this helps and please email me if you have any questions. I am more than happy to help you out.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Thanks for the quick reply. I also have a Metallica that I may eventually want to add but it has the Pinball refinery lightning UV mod that run on each side of the machine. Would that interfere with the pinstadium kit?
[quoted image]

Sure thing glad to help. Here is another seeing to try on GB that I liked but I think three turquoise is the best. Also here is a pic of the Ghost Trap flasher location.

Also the Pin Stadiums will mount and install just fine with those too.
6E2F9D5C-B83C-46B9-BDB5-C1046D0E772A (resized).png6E2F9D5C-B83C-46B9-BDB5-C1046D0E772A (resized).png

0FF0A4D2-2A61-4761-98C1-DFC26B4444B0 (resized).jpeg0FF0A4D2-2A61-4761-98C1-DFC26B4444B0 (resized).jpeg
#3236 5 years ago

Here is Metallica with the Pin Stadiums:

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

"Also the Pin Stadiums will mount and install just fine with those too."
Are you referring to the lightning flasher rail I have installed on my Metallica? I am more worried about them blocking the light emitting from them pin stadium setup.
Anyone have them installed with that mod as well?

It should not block the light from the Pin Stadiums if that is what you are asking. They will work fine together.

#3239 5 years ago

I wanted to update everyone that placed orders recently over the Expo weekend. ALL Pin Stadiums have been shipped and are on their way to you. Tracking numbers have been emailed. Thank you all again for the outstanding and loyal support of the product.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

expo_shipped (resized).pngexpo_shipped (resized).png
#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, I've got my tracking # looks like tomorrow delivery and next week before I have time to install. First rainy day for sure.

Nice! Which game do you plan to install the Pin Stadiums on?

#3243 5 years ago

Wow, either of those you will be impressed with!!

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I ordered two sets, so it will be both. BOOM ! Wait wrong game....... there's Walkers in the barn & someday you'll set on the throne and the truth will be what you make it.

Haha okay then you have them both covered!! Thank your for your support and you are really putting together a rather nice collection. That’s a lot of Pin Stadiums for you recently and I bet your collection is glowing like a constellation in your game room.

#3246 5 years ago

We just received notification that the winner of the Special When Lit Podcast https://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.libsyn.com/ has been announced. However I never expected such a great video response that the winner posted up. You have to check this one out. Priceless!!!

Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/swlpinball/videos/2202338960054368/

prize (resized).pngprize (resized).png
#3247 5 years ago

I wanted to give a big thank you to all of the crew at Pinball Expo for making it an incredible experience for everyone. The show really was top notch and Robert/Brigitt and crew went above and beyond for us all!! Looking forward to next year already. Thanks again!

thankyou_expo_2018 (resized).pngthankyou_expo_2018 (resized).png
#3248 5 years ago

There was a recent question about the best place to trigger the UV+Glow Flasher on Batman Forever. I suggest trying the right ramp or the pop bumper flashers. Here is a visual reference for those:

B24B8F48-E439-4795-ACDB-D7004393D2E9 (resized).jpegB24B8F48-E439-4795-ACDB-D7004393D2E9 (resized).jpeg
#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

So uhh, how are those Orion's Belt orders coming along?
No, I'm not eagerly checking my mailbox every day. You must have me confused with someone else

They are going really well and should I start shipping out by the 2nd week of November. The assembly line is filled with them and it’s gokng very smooth. I am excited for you to get them installed.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

See post #1540. Page 31. hope this helps

Hey thank you for jumping in and helping him out!

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Still looking for someone to post the best Flasher location for Demolition Man. Thanks

Here is the direct link. I hope this helps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/31#post-4243302

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What is the function option for and how do you shut it off ?

Functions is for when you want to run color changing patterns to the GI. To disable you simply go back to the color wheel and move to a setting you like. The function patterns will stop at that time.

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I got a Nascar pin the other day. What a fun game! I swapped out the colored LEDs in the GI with white and then installed my Pinstadium kit. What a huge difference

This looks so good!! First NASCAR I have seen with them installed. Thanks for posting this up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinstadium. You are on page 6 of 18.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/6?tu=pinstadium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.