(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 165.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks for the coupon code, bought one for TWD. My friend and I were really impressed at the VFW show, wish I would have seen this thread and known you were there. Will be cool to see one on Alien someday. I like that you can change the color of the LEDs that are always on with an app and only wish you could do the same for the flasher as well. That'd be too good! Trying to think if I should get white or green for WCS I think that might look good.

Yes thank you for your order and that would have been great to meet you up there at the VFW. We must have just missed each other. Alien is surely in need of one and I look forward to getting a set on that machine.
As far as WCS goes, I would say green would be the best looking in my opinion.

#252 6 years ago

I've ordered these and have seen them first hand on my machines and others and the difference they make are incredible! The control through the app is already awesome and keeps getting better with Scotts reprogramming and upgrading of it so the user control is outstanding. The pics you see are really nice but when you see it in person it really seals the deal. I've seen concern about it washing out the light show but the user control let's you decide so that's no problem in my opinion. I love them.. thanks Scott and good luck with future runs of these.

#253 6 years ago

I just placed an Order for a kit. As I will use it for SAM and Spike games, I ordered the5 Volt / 12 Volt converter als well. I Hope the Converter is a separat Hardware, which can be added or left away depending for which Game you use the kit.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just placed an Order for a kit. As I will use it for SAM and Spike games, I ordered the5 Volt / 12 Volt converter als well. I Hope the Converter is a separat Hardware, which can be added or left away depending for which Game you use the kit.

It is. We just used this at my house this past weekend taking a kit from TWD to GOT.

#255 6 years ago

Would this work in a early solid state Stern game such as Flight 2000? It's a widebody that has a pretty dark center playfield. If so, where would it hook into for power?

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Would this work in a early solid state Stern game such as Flight 2000? It's a widebody that has a pretty dark center playfield. If so, where would it hook into for power?

For me I'm going to see if I can just get a set that plugs into the service outlet like scotts original design. That way I can take the kit from game to game easy peasy without jumpering to each games power supply.

I have a big game that would benefit from this so I'm in a similar boat as you are.

#257 6 years ago

Interesting, moving from game to game. Could it really be that easy?

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Interesting, moving from game to game. Could it really be that easy?

Because of the magna mount that the kit uses, you just need to put the magna mount strip on each game then put the kit in, plug it in, and you're good to go.

If you want to jumper the flasher strips to a flasher bulb too, that's an extra couple minutes but for these older games it would be a 5 min swap once you get the hang of it.

#259 6 years ago

So you'd purchase multiple sticky magnetic strips (that you'd leave on each game) and just move the kit to whatever game you want at that moment. The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

So you'd purchase multiple sticky magnetic strips (that you'd leave on each game) and just move the kit to whatever game you want at that moment. The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

Yes for everything but the last part. I'll defer to scott on that one, but I understand it that each kit has a signal for the app so you would only be able to have one setup saved for each kit. So when you switch games you would have to adjust to your liking for that particular game.

#261 6 years ago

Gotcha. Yeah that makes sense. I'd love to see pics of the kit on an early game.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I've ordered these and have seen them first hand on my machines and others and the difference they make are incredible! The control through the app is already awesome and keeps getting better with Scotts reprogramming and upgrading of it so the user control is outstanding. The pics you see are really nice but when you see it in person it really seals the deal. I've seen concern about it washing out the light show but the user control let's you decide so that's no problem in my opinion. I love them.. thanks Scott and good luck with future runs of these.

Thanks for the input and I am glad you liked them. Thank for letting me demo them in your machines, this was the first time putting the Pin Stadium kit in a Tron and yours looked incredible. I had the UV+Glow flasher option connected to the Recognizer drop targets and it looked great, I am thinking that the Flynn flasher by the kickout hole would be another really cool place to connect them. It made me want to get another Tron in my collection after seeing it on yours!

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

The kits are designed specifically for each machine and have a pcb power adapter connection to get the power from your machine. Moving them around is possible and not hard, but as we sell the kits they are made game specific. chuckwurt is streaming games and he liked them so much that he wanted to stream many games quickly, but if you are going to own the game then it's best just to buy one for each which is what he decided would be best. However let's say you sell the game, then it's like the concept of the ColorDMD mod, meaning you usually want to put it into the next machine you get versus giving up your mod that could have been used in the new one you are getting. At that point then you would just need to order a "power adapter and re-mount kit" from us which is easy and affordable so that you can accommodate the new machine.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes it is separate, but included with your order if you select "Yes" to that option.

#265 6 years ago

Are the magnetic strips removable without damaging the paint?

#266 6 years ago

I have moved them off of several machines before and had not had any issues, but I suggest a hair dryer or heat gun in order to do so properly and safely.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

The Pin Stadium app allows you to have a default setting for each game and also multiple custom settings for each pinball too in case you are in a different mood or the pinball is in a different lighting environment. Fully adjustable, you can even set custom color changing patters(up to 16 different colors in this mode) and choose strobe, jump, or fading while adjust being able to adjust the speed of those and brightness levels of each individual colors as it travels through the program sequence you create. You can also name each custom setting so that it is easily identifiable for you.

Also once you have multiple Pin Stadium kits you can organize them in the app and control them separately by tapping on them or you can even change them all to the same color setting simultaneously, and you could even really mess with people at a party by turning them all off unexpectedly to go back to the original dark playfield (I have done it several times for fun and it always brings a chuckle for most, assuming it's just a casual game being played of course, not some GC one).

The app also now allows you to color match the lights to the exact color of let's say a color you like on the outside of the cabinet or playfield, or anywhere. You simply open the app up, choose your pinball machine, then go to the camera option in the app and take a picture up close of the color you like and boom it matches the lights! This is really nice for the finicky person that wants precision color matching for their machine.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because of the magnetic strip that the kit uses, you just need to put the sticky magnetic strip on each game then stick the kit to it, plug it in, and you're good to go.

Ugh, I need to stick something to the sides of my pin? I don't like that idea at all.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Are the magnetic strips removable without damaging the paint?

What about damage to inside art or mirror blades? I really thought the magnet was on the light bar and it grabbed the tiny edge of the glass channel for adhesion. Like others have said, some installation instructions could have avoided any confusion. Am I going to have to peel and stick a three foot strip of magnet, like from a roll at the craft store, to the inside of my game for these to work?

#270 6 years ago

yep but no big deal,I have a set on bb66 and it just blows you away

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

What about damage to inside art or mirror blades? I really thought the magnet was on the light bar and it grabbed the tiny edge of the glass channel for adhesion. Like others have said, some installation instructions could have avoided any confusion. Am I going to have to peel and stick a three foot strip of magnet, like from a roll at the craft store, to the inside of my game for these to work?

Yes. But it is all part of the kit. I went through the install this past weekend and it was extrememely easy. Not sure on removal though as I haven't done that yet.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

What about damage to inside art or mirror blades? I really thought the magnet was on the light bar and it grabbed the tiny edge of the glass channel for adhesion. Like others have said, some installation instructions could have avoided any confusion.

There is not any room on the glass channel to attach as it would cause issues with the glass going in. When you receive the kit, the Magna mount system is built into the Pin Stadium kit. you don't have to do anything other than simply peel of the adhesive back covering off on the kit and put it them on your machine just below the glass line. It takes no more than a few seconds. Check this video out and it will show you how they mount:

It's a very professional mounting system and it is not going to cause damage to your mirro blades or art. These kits were designed to accommodate someone that is very particular and precise their machines and collections. I have them installed on all of my machines and they have been tested and tried. More than half of them have mirror blades and/or art blades. Take a look at my collection to see what machines they are installed on, all top end pins just like your collection.

Trent has them installed on his prototype Aerosmith Premium, and this weekend at the NKY tournament many had me install the demo sets on their machines (Tron, TWD, and GOT) with no issues or questions of quality but in fact even more desire to get them in their machines and to order more.
I hope this helps!

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I have asked for the instructions at least two times because of this...

#274 6 years ago

How thin is the magnetic strip? My WOZ is so tight that the playfield can rub against the sides of the cabinet when I raise and lower it. I would worry about the strip peeling off.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How thin is the magnetic strip? My WOZ is so tight that the playfield can rub against the sides of the cabinet when I raise and lower it. I would worry about the strip peeling off.

The design of the mount is extremely thin and WOZ will clear with no problem and any machine to that point. In fact they even clear on my MET with mirror/art blade combos. This has been incorporate in the design and thoroughly tested.

#276 6 years ago

It sounds like you are moving forward with production if I read right. When do you expect for them to begin shipping?

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It sounds like you are moving forward with production if I read right. When do you expect for them to begin shipping?

Yes we are officially in production as of this week and we are looking at 8-10 weeks but could be sooner. Things are moving very smoothly. Thank you everyone for your support and going forward we are still accepting orders that will follow in line after the pre-order crowd's Pin Stadium kits. Thank you for all of your support and we are super excited to get these out to you to bring to light and life to your pinball machines!

#278 6 years ago

By popular requests, I am posting this here also (granted this works on all the pins, but in this example demonstrates it on a MET rather well! ). Also this addresses the previous clearance questions about the kit. This is on my MET Premium and it also has the PinGraffix mirror/Pinblade art combo so it's as thick as they come and it still clears. You just have to make sure you raise the playfield carefully straight up and you are good!

--

We have just installed our Pin Stadium kit with the UV+Glow flasher upgrade option. Our kit is iPhone/Android app controllable and when installed is invisible to the player during gameplay. This will provide your Metallica with not only excellent playfield illumination (this is in a completely dark room) coupled with our the UV flasher feature that ignites the entire playfield. You can fully adjust the colors and individually control the white LED lights independently of each other inside of the app.

I did my best to try to capture the UV+Glow feature effect, in person it's super impressive. If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please visit the Pin Stadium website at http://www.pinstadium.com

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy this.

#279 6 years ago

And here is the before and after for the illumination comparison that the Pin Stadium kit delivers to MET

metallica_pinball_led_lighting (resized).pngmetallica_pinball_led_lighting (resized).png

#280 6 years ago

Ok, I just jumped on bandwagon and placed my order with the UV+Glow option to install on my Mustang. I had been planning to install several spotlights and the Pin Stadium lights will really make Mustang shine. I have the Total Lightshow mod already installed on my Metallica, otherwise I'd install it there, or buy a 2nd kit.

Great to be following this thread a bit and saying at first, "Cool, but I don't need it". Then seeing all the features being added because of feedback and now it's, "I better order before the 1st 100 slots are full because this is really an awesome mod!"

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

. I have the Total Lightshow mod already installed on my Metallica

Which I'm going to try my hardest to integrate into the pinstadium to sync it with the Lightshow.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Which I'm going to try my hardest to integrate into the pinstadium to sync it with the Lightshow.

This would be amazing.

#283 6 years ago

I think I'll be trying out the kit on Baywatch too. I mean, a great selling point is the ability to swap between games with minimal effort. Damn, I might need to order another.

#284 6 years ago

Which ten pins do you guys think will benefit most with the stadium lights?
Stern
1. AC/DC Luci
2. Tron LE
3. WNBJM
4. BM66LE
Jersey Jack
5. WOZ ECLE
Gottlieb
6. Black Hole
Bally/Williams
7. Grand Prix (EM)
8. Pinbot
9. Space Station
10. WW
11. FH
12. BoP 2.0
13. HS2
14. TAF
15. FT
16. CFTBL
17. WH2O
18. TZ
19. ST:TNG
20. FS
21. TS
22. ToM
23. AFM
24. SC
25. TOTAN
26. Scared Stiff
27. CV
28. MB
29. Cactus Canyon Continued
30. RFM

Added over 7 years ago: Disregard the request. I just placed an order for ten sets.

#285 6 years ago

Thank you very much for your order, it was received successfully. Wow!! You're going to love them. You have a really nice collection and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of these with the Pin Stadium kits installed!!!

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Very cool and I think it would be a great match made in heaven. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I would be more than happy to help integrate this with your kit anyway I can. Let's talk!

#287 6 years ago

Will any games with your Stadium Lights be at ReplayFX in July? I'd love to see them in person.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Very cool and I think it would be a great match made in heaven. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I would be more than happy to help integrate this with your kit anyway I can. Let's talk!

I'm already testing 12V leds driven via a stepup converter and all looks good. The only thing I need to know is whether your LEDs are common cathode/anode, or if there is discrete +/- for each colour.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm already testing 12V leds driven via a stepup converter and all looks good. The only thing I need to know is whether your LEDs are common cathode/anode, or if there is discrete +/- for each colour.

PM sent !

#290 6 years ago

Are the strips how visible to the player? On some videos one can spot them easily and in some videos one cannot see the strips? Could it be that they are visible only when one has installed mirror blades in his pin?

#291 6 years ago

They are not visible to the player at all. You would have to stand to the side of the player and bend down to see them.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Are the strips how visible to the player? On some videos one can spot them easily and in some videos one cannot see the strips? Could it be that they are visible only when one has installed mirror blades in his pin?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are not visible to the player at all. You would have to stand to the side of the player and bend down to see them.

chuckwurt is correct, you can't see them when you are playing. In the videos I am filming them from directly overhead so you only see them because of that and the reflection. They are designed to be stealth and chuckwurt has seen and played them in person so he knows from experience.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Posting this up on the Pin Stadium kit installed in my Stern Star Trek Premium. Believe it or not, this game was really a lot darker than most think. Although it is one of the brighter Stern machines, it still needs a bunch of help.

Looks so much better massive improvement on ST, but I have a blackout mod installed in my STLE, I guess until your kits can be powered/hooked into GI that a kit on my STLE would render my blackout mod/controller fairly useless?

#294 6 years ago

im impressed. nice job

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks so much better massive improvement on ST, but I have a blackout mod installed in my STLE, I guess until your kits can be powered/hooked into GI that a kit on my STLE would render my blackout mod/controller fairly useless?

We are still in testing with a new design that would allow the Pin Stadiums GI to sync with the games. I will post up our results, and let you know. Either way if you are a little crafty I could instruct you on how to do it regardless of if its an official kit are testing.

Also, on my ST I put the brightness setting down a bit so that the laser light show still works well. I found a great balance in the settings of the Pin Stadium app to accommodate this. However, if you are going to pitch black, then await my update on the potential GI integration option upgrade that we may offer.

#296 6 years ago

Here is a great before and after of the MMR kit. As many know we are a little over a week in production, we have created the plug and play PCB power adapter for the Chicago Gaming (AFM and MMR) pinball machine for a super simple clean easy install. We also have them for everyone else's machines that have placed an order. So anything from the latest current pinballs back to the System 11 machines.

This MMRLE Gold has this feature installed so that it powers on and off with the machine. As a reminder this adapter is included free at no charge for everyone that has purchased.

This pinball is my personal machine and used to have 7 warm white LED spotlights that I installed and still was inadequate, especially in the areas where it was not shining. This is also has the UV+Glow flasher feature too. The trigger is connected to the left and right castle flashers.

If you look closely you can see where I have pulled the bulbs and housings out. I plan to fully disconnect them and get rid of the eye sore of all of those darn spotlights!! I kept the purple castle ones though for the effect on the castle's walls.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

We are still in testing with a new design that would allow the Pin Stadiums GI to sync with the games. I will post up our results, and let you know. Either way if you are a little crafty I could instruct you on how to do it regardless of if its an official kit are testing.
Also, on my ST I put the brightness setting down a bit so that the laser light show still works well. I found a great balance in the settings of the Pin Stadium app to accommodate this. However, if you are going to pitch black, then await my update on the potential GI integration option upgrade that we may offer.

Awesome as soon as you get a GI powered kit, I will be ordering for every single one of the games in my collection.

And the MMR above looks great, amazing difference improvement makes the playfield pop

#298 6 years ago

All of us here are pinball lovers and when we see a pin we appreciate the artwork involved so like you say on MM.. it's a kickass theme and looks great so when you can get rid of spotlights and hot/dark spots and really SEE the playfield it makes for a much better experience for sure. ST is perfect example, not the most amazing art yes but it is bright on the realm of pins and pin stadium lights make it a nice even coat over the whole pin. You will simply get more customers when they see it first hand.. that's my opinion at least.

#299 6 years ago

Can't wait to slap this on my MMr!

#300 6 years ago

These look terrific! Great for competitive players like myself, I like to see every aspect of the playfield!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/6?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.