(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Pinball Machine LED lights Mod Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,605 posts
  • 461 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,151 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

935DC779-84DE-48F5-94FF-14F59A3DECB0 (resized).png
20D3EBCB-85E9-4ED2-9F39-30D24D665231 (resized).jpeg
8D82C36C-7F10-41E8-9C31-82F5D62F0D29 (resized).jpeg
2F23D1B9-0649-4482-8F5C-E2BF5426ABDE (resized).jpeg
E360AA42-A6A9-40DA-AF5F-7E4939AFD956 (resized).jpeg
F44F83EE-3EC2-421C-9746-F1AE22C9FEA3 (resized).jpeg
0E5823F9-2550-43D3-85F8-E683419A727D (resized).jpeg
IMG_0593 (resized).JPG
IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
IMG_0586 (resized).JPG
IMG_0554 (resized).JPG
IMG_0577 (resized).JPG
IMG_0576 (resized).JPG
60377811-98F7-469B-8920-EE69517BDEF5 (resized).jpeg
97EF681D-B427-41EE-A7AA-087D3B85700A (resized).jpeg
F8FE114D-2301-40AC-B4CB-ADE2013D8366 (resized).png

There are 5605 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 113.
#3351 1 year ago

oops, 7, plus 3 factory.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

10 if you're counting the two light strips added on the apron?

This is only for the spotlights I should clarify

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is only for the spotlights I should clarify

Well then my official guess is 8. You're making me miss my WOZ with this contest of yours. haha

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Well then my official guess is 8. You're making me miss my WOZ with this contest of yours. haha

Bingo you win!! 8 is the magical number.

#3356 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

PM sent with the $25 gift certificate code. I’ve got a lot of machines we could do this on!

#3357 1 year ago

Here they all are on WOZ:

woz_spotlight_solved (resized).png
#3358 1 year ago

I now see why this forum was on fire. Off working when I could have been playing.

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I now see why this forum was on fire. Off working when I could have been playing.

Usually you are all over it. We were all wondering where you were. You never know what’s going to happen here. I try to keep it informative and entertaining!

#3360 1 year ago

Okay here goes another one!!

Guess how many spotlights were disabled in this picture once the Pin Stadium were installed on Cactus Canyon. This one is even more challenging! $25 gift card is up and available to the first to get it right!!

52B7A576-52B5-402F-8AE5-DE6E4D843BD8 (resized).jpegCD5DAA8A-0EB0-4E22-8FDC-3AD49C12866A (resized).jpeg
#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Usually you are all over it. We were all wondering where you were. You never know what’s going to happen here. I try to keep it informative and entertaining!

Honey do list and GOT has my focus right now. Plus getting bigger room ready to move all pins in one room. That's a lot of work.

#3362 1 year ago

I'll guess 8

#3365 1 year ago

You got it!!!!! 9 is correct. Wow excellent eye

#3368 1 year ago

Okay here we go again $25 gift card for the first person that can get the correct number of spotlights I added that were then disabled after the Pin Stadium install because they did not provide adequate lighting for Monster Bash!

Look closely and I will chime in when we have a winner

21E55D39-7D8C-4DA5-AD90-92132298CFEE (resized).jpegE160BB72-420B-47D4-AC04-4A4E68B9501D (resized).jpeg
#3371 1 year ago

Hint: Don’t count the factory spotlights

#3373 1 year ago

Woohoo! Will go towards the mythical Photon Mergers whenever they're ready

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Woohoo! Will go towards the mythical Photon Mergers whenever they're ready

Wow you are on it! I had to go down and recount just to be sure you were correct

PM sent with $25 gift card code!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

gorilla_biscuits (resized).png
#3375 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hint: Don’t count the factory spotlights

Damn!

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

PM sent with $25 gift card code!

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice

woz_b.jpg
#3377 1 year ago

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice [quoted image]

Oh man! I always love seeing WOZ in its glory and yours is surely exactly THAT!

I’m glad to have helped you on this and I really am thankful for your support. You have a lot of Pin Stadiums for sure. How many is that for you now?

#3378 1 year ago

WOZ’s are coming out of the woodwork with Pin Stadiums. Here is another customer pic!

8B0EB0B4-820B-4A1D-9E5D-5B87EAD260CB (resized).jpegCBAB85A4-291C-42FF-B4ED-1CC4E311195E (resized).jpegCDF08732-2D25-403A-A574-0397AE58E515 (resized).jpeg
#3379 1 year ago

I have had many ask me for some before and after pics of JJP POTC with the Pin Stadiums installed. I am working on getting some. In the meantime, if it helps Jack from JJP loves them on POTC. That's saying a lot!!!

#3380 1 year ago

With the first 2 runs of Orion’s Belt completely sold out, I have received many emails daily from those who have placed orders that were checking in on the status. So I am posting this up here.

Finalizing production on a large group of those orders next week.

Get ready to start seeing tracking emails in your inbox. Exciting stuff and I can’t wait to see and hear about the transformations on your machines with them!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

9C58D9B1-E846-4607-8BEA-0C297CF3A06E (resized).jpeg
#3381 1 year ago

So this happened today...guess it’s time to use that gift certificate!

2E309E38-DD5C-4341-A44C-F0D740B7D0BD (resized).jpeg
#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So this happened today...guess it’s time to use that gift certificate!
[quoted image]

Oh Wow!!!! That's one of the first in the Tri-State area. Very exciting and congrats on getting your POTC!

#3383 1 year ago

Here is a diagram of the Orion's Belt numbered connections that will be going up in the installation section of the website when that gets updated next week. This will make it easy for you Orion's Belt owners to be able to easily reference which connections correlated to the appropriate app color settings for each of the flashers/color spectrum triggers

orions_connection_numbering (resized).png
#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Oh Wow!!!! That's one of the first in the Tri-State area. Very exciting and congrats on getting your POTC!

Looking forward to it. I owe you this picture of my Woz, looks killer... definitely the most dramatic results vs. my other games. Thanks as always for your prompt technical advice [quoted image]

That's the best I've ever seen WoZ look with these. Very nice!

#3385 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes, that picture really did a great job capturing the essence of the Pin Stadium/WOZ combination!

#3386 1 year ago

Major update, big progress with Orion’s Belt shipments. More than half of them have been shipped out today, due to Veteran’s Day today (post office closed) they will go out first thing in the morning!! You should have received your shipping notification already if yours is in that batch.

#3387 1 year ago

The Orion's Belts have officially shipped as of this morning and they are going all over the US and into many other countries worldwide. Very exciting and thank you all for the tremendous support for the product. Install instructions will be updated before you guys receive your kits.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

ob_shipping (resized).png
#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks man! I use the same basic settings on all my games that have them... push the color all the way to red, and keep the brightness and color a bit under the 50% mark... it gives everything a nice warm-white glow without blasting your eyeballs off. Woz in particular looks killer since all the metal is powder-coated and you don't get the light-brite dots

Can't wait for the diffuser apparatus!

#3389 1 year ago

Thanks man! I use the same basic settings on all my games that have them... push the color all the way to red, and keep the brightness and color a bit under the 50% mark... it gives everything a nice warm-white glow without blasting your eyeballs off. Woz in particular looks killer since all the metal is powder-coated and you don't get the light-brite dots
Can't wait for the diffuser apparatus!

I think on that game those are excellent settings!

#3390 1 year ago

Official Orion's Belt instructions are up: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

Now enjoy the light show and your new vision of your pinball machine!  The factory default setting for the lights are Green, Blue, Red, and White.  However the great thing about them is that you can program the lights to whatever color you would like on the color wheel.  Here is are the instructions on how to do this:

1. Press "Preview" button- Leds will flash "White" once to indicate entry into programming mode
2. Use the Pin Stadium app to adjust color and brightness settings to your desired preference
3. Press the "Set" button corresponding to the desired Flasher/Spectrum button (1-4) you would like to store. LEDs will flash to confirm saved setting.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for additional presets if desired (other presets will be retained if not modified)
5. Press "Preview" button again to store presets. LEDs will flash "White" 2x to indicate completion of process !!

*Note: Factory settings out of the box are:

#1: Green
#2: Blue
#3: Red
#4: White
ob_color_settings (resized).png

#3391 1 year ago

Just to clarify:

*Note: Factory settings out of the box are:

#1: Green
#2: Blue
#3: Red
#4: White

color_zoom (resized).png
#3392 1 year ago

Here is a great tip for Orion's Belt owners:  Not only can you can adjust the brightness of  the individual flashers by using the above programming method in the app, but for on the fly across the playfield results you can adjust the brightness of your Pin Stadiums to increase/decrease the overall contrast of the GI versus flashers of the Orion's Belt flashers.

#3393 1 year ago

Ever since I'd started hearing about pinstadiums about a year ago, I've been interested in the idea... I finally got a chance to try them out, and I'm sold. I'd worried if they'd be too bright, or cause any glare (especially with this machine having a new playfield in it). But I really can't say anything but good for these things.

The hardest part of the install was deciding which bulbs to clip onto for the GI and Flasher signals.
I tried it with the brightness at full (as shown in the picture), and it looked and played great.
While the lights reflect off some of the ramps, it's not distracting or stressful on my eyes -- and in the case of Bride, it actually works well with the robot and space themes, looking like stars and/or indicator lights. In particular, it really lights up the shuttle ramp, accentuating the star-field decal (that I never really noticed before, as it tended to be too dark).

For anyone that streams pinball, it solves so many lighting issues -- it looked great on camera, even with all the other lights in the room turned off, and no concern for glare on the glass (as the lights are below it). The only reflection from the playfield itself sits on the outer edges, and never noticeably interfered with seeing the ball.

All in all, I'm kicking myself for not getting a set sooner.

(attached: pics from before and after installation of the kit)

bop_pinstadium (resized).png
#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from berzerker:

Ever since I'd started hearing about pinstadiums about a year ago, I've been interested in the idea... I finally got a chance to try them out, and I'm sold. I'd worried if they'd be too bright, or cause any glare (especially with this machine having a new playfield in it). But I really can't say anything but good for these things.
The hardest part of the install was deciding which bulbs to clip onto for the GI and Flasher signals.
I tried it with the brightness at full (as shown in the picture), and it looked and played great.
While the lights reflect off some of the ramps, it's not distracting or stressful on my eyes -- and in the case of Bride, it actually works well with the robot and space themes, looking like stars and/or indicator lights. In particular, it really lights up the shuttle ramp, accentuating the star-field decal (that I never really noticed before, as it tended to be too dark).
For anyone that streams pinball, it solves so many lighting issues -- it looked great on camera, even with all the other lights in the room turned off, and no concern for glare on the glass (as the lights are below it). The only reflection from the playfield itself sits on the outer edges, and never noticeably interfered with seeing the ball.
All in all, I'm kicking myself for not getting a set sooner.
(attached: pics from before and after installation of the kit)
[quoted image]

Beautiful game and pics that you posted up. I am so glad that you went with your intuition on getting them. You don’t see pics of them often on BOP. Thank you so much for your support and excellent post!!

#3395 1 year ago

For anyone that is doing the Orion’s Belt install and have the Pin Stadiums that use the service port. You will simply need to add a small power strip or a “Y” splitter. For the convenience factor I just updated the website to offer these if you need them:
https://pinstadium.com/product/multi-splitter/

F2A8C59A-A1B5-412C-8C94-70C3BE991AAE (resized).png
#3396 1 year ago

Anyone got any ideas for orion's belt flasher lamps for a WCS or an Indy500? I'm pretty sure my Dr. Dude will look great on the flashers of each of the three parts (magnetic personality, gift of gab, heart of rock and roll) and the backbox flasher, but I'm pretty lost on these other ones. Maybe I'll just get the belt for dude and the regular pinstadium for WCS and Indy

#3397 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Anyone got any ideas for orion's belt flasher lamps for a WCS or an Indy500? I'm pretty sure my Dr. Dude will look great on the flashers of each of the three parts (magnetic personality, gift of gab, heart of rock and roll) and the backbox flasher, but I'm pretty lost on these other ones. Maybe I'll just get the belt for dude and the regular pinstadium for WCS and Indy

I am suggesting to anyone getting ready to install them, to go into the Settings/Diagnostics/Flashers and cycle through those as it will reveal tons of ideas as to where you would want to trigger on WCS, Dr. Dude and Indy 500 etc. That would be awesome to see them on any of these machines!

#3398 1 year ago

I say 7...a couple are factory

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am suggesting to anyone getting ready to install them, to go into the Settings/Diagnostics/Flashers and cycle through those as it will reveal tons of ideas as to where you would want to trigger on WCS, Dr. Dude and Indy 500 etc. That would be awesome to see them on any of these machines!

Be careful with the coin toss mech on WCS. I doubt the Orion’s Belt will fit over there. I have not tried on mine, but stadiums are extremely tight and are rested up against the coin toss mech by themselves.

#3400 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be careful with the coin toss mech on WCS. I doubt the Orion’s Belt will fit over there. I have not tried on mine, but stadiums are extremely tight and are rested up against the coin toss mech by themselves.

That’s true he may need to mount it a little lower to clear that or raise it. I can’t quite picture the mech. Another alternative is to simply trim the built in Invisi-Shield on Orion’s Belt in that area and it should definitely fit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
There are 5605 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside