(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,217 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-mandalorian-pinball-mods (resized).jpg
There are 8,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 165.
#3251 5 years ago

So uhh, how are those Orion's Belt orders coming along?
No, I'm not eagerly checking my mailbox every day. You must have me confused with someone else

#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Still looking for someone to post the best Flasher location for Demolition Man. Thanks

See post #1540. Page 31. hope this helps

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

So uhh, how are those Orion's Belt orders coming along?
No, I'm not eagerly checking my mailbox every day. You must have me confused with someone else

They are going really well and should I start shipping out by the 2nd week of November. The assembly line is filled with them and it’s gokng very smooth. I am excited for you to get them installed.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

See post #1540. Page 31. hope this helps

Hey thank you for jumping in and helping him out!

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Still looking for someone to post the best Flasher location for Demolition Man. Thanks

Here is the direct link. I hope this helps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/31#post-4243302

#3256 5 years ago

Installed my gold mirror blades and all brass on original medieval madness along with reinstalling pin stadiums with invisi shield.

0C215062-01A8-470B-8DFA-35BB65271652 (resized).jpeg0C215062-01A8-470B-8DFA-35BB65271652 (resized).jpegDBF90231-E32C-4266-9992-F1D01249964F (resized).jpegDBF90231-E32C-4266-9992-F1D01249964F (resized).jpeg
#3257 5 years ago

What is the function option for and how do you shut it off ?

#3258 5 years ago

I got a Nascar pin the other day. What a fun game! I swapped out the colored LEDs in the GI with white and then installed my Pinstadium kit. What a huge difference for sure.

I needed to remove the two layers of clear plastics that were above the shooter lane due to the crazy Pinstadium reflections. Was especially bad there because the two levels of clear plastic caused a wild wavy pattern to the reflections that were very distracting. I also covered the bottom 3" of the left side Pinstadium strip since that reflected off the large plastic that covers the raceway magnets. Other than those modifications, Nascar/Grand Prix/Dale Jr is a great candidate for Pinstadium.

20181024_122054 (resized).jpg20181024_122054 (resized).jpg20181027_093837 (resized).jpg20181027_093837 (resized).jpg20181027_093846 (resized).jpg20181027_093846 (resized).jpg
#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What is the function option for and how do you shut it off ?

Functions is for when you want to run color changing patterns to the GI. To disable you simply go back to the color wheel and move to a setting you like. The function patterns will stop at that time.

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I got a Nascar pin the other day. What a fun game! I swapped out the colored LEDs in the GI with white and then installed my Pinstadium kit. What a huge difference

This looks so good!! First NASCAR I have seen with them installed. Thanks for posting this up.

#3261 5 years ago

Just a quick pic after installing Pin Stadium on my GoTLE. Before and After

20181027_111025 (resized).jpg20181027_111025 (resized).jpg20181027_111038_HDR (resized).jpg20181027_111038_HDR (resized).jpg
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just a quick pic after installing Pin Stadium on my GoTLE. Before and After [quoted image][quoted image]

I like your app color settings for the GI, it really brings out the artwork. Did you hook up the UV+Glow to the back right flasher on the backboard? That's the best one I have found so far as it does extremely well when Blackwater Multiball starts!

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I like your app color settings for the GI, it really brings out the artwork. Did you hook up the UV+Glow to the back right flasher on the backboard? That's the best one I have found so far as it does extremely well when Blackwater Multiball starts!

Yes, back right flasher after reading a post that chuckwurt had posted. He is the "Hand of the King" IMO.

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, back right flasher after reading a post that chuckwurt had posted. He is the "Hand of the King" IMO.

Wait chuckwurt sets on the "Iron Throne" I think I used setting from your post Scott. #3079

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wait chuckwurt sets on the "Iron Throne" I think I used setting from your post Scott. #3079

If you out it in the one I suggested then that is the one chuckwurt later recommended to me. You have it correct. But again it’s all personal preference.

#3266 5 years ago

I have a few requests for some before and afters if Dialed In. This results are excellent but what really shines with the JJP machine is how well they integrate GI controls. Combine that with the Pin Stadiums and you are in for quite the show!

6219EE00-AD07-4358-9725-72D75C864568 (resized).jpeg6219EE00-AD07-4358-9725-72D75C864568 (resized).jpegD174EA45-2880-44FC-9AEC-B534C8BC68E5 (resized).jpegD174EA45-2880-44FC-9AEC-B534C8BC68E5 (resized).jpegEE540438-0913-49D5-8B11-1FCD09CA0239 (resized).jpegEE540438-0913-49D5-8B11-1FCD09CA0239 (resized).jpeg
#3267 5 years ago

I had Pinstadium installed in Terminator 2, then Starship Troopers before moving it over to Nascar. Here's a Starship Troopers pic showing most of the upper GI out and still incandescent bulbs everywhere but the lower 1/3 of the playfield. Pinstadium came in handy to light up the playfield until I had a chance to do a full tear down shop job.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#3268 5 years ago

I wanted to let you know all know that that Invisi-Shield installation instructions have been updated to the website:

Invisi-Shield installation instructions:

Peel off the adhesive back and then align the Invisi-Shield to the edge of the Pin Stadium light bar starting at the front (near the flippers). Make sure to have good lighting so that you can see the alignment and leave a 1/16″ width gap between the Invisi-Shields and the Pin Stadium light bar.

Install them while the light bars are installed in the pinball machine is best. Now you are Stealth!!
invisi_shield_install (resized).pnginvisi_shield_install (resized).png

#3269 5 years ago

Are there pics showing before and after of the shield?

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Are there pics showing before and after of the shield?

Yes, in this picture the top machine Dialed In has them installed and The Hobbit does not. Here is a video showing them on IMDN:

invisishieldexamplecombo (resized).pnginvisishieldexamplecombo (resized).png

#3271 5 years ago

Okay here is another fun decode game that will win you a $25 Pin Stadium gift card if you can be the first to get figure out the phrase of this barcode. Email me at [email protected] or PM me here. First to get it wins!!

(previous winners cannot compete because you know the secret trick, haha!)

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
1030promotion (resized).png1030promotion (resized).png

credit_card_template (resized).pngcredit_card_template (resized).png
#3272 5 years ago

I will post up when there is a winner!!

#3273 5 years ago

Dark to light with Pin Stadiums!

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Dark to light with Pin Stadiums!

You got it!!!! Wow great job deciphering that one. I just emailed you the code for your $25 gift card to use on the site.

#3275 5 years ago

Working on the Orion's Belt getting them ready for shipping which looks to be the first 1/2 of November. In preparation I am working on flasher location diagrams to help show everyone how many options you have with your machines. So excited to get these into your machines. Here is a DeadPool diagram of the flashers(12 total), but of course you can trigger off the shaker and other bulbs too. Wow this is going to be cool!!

Also the new Deadpool update .95 has a even better light show improvement and the Orion's Belt just went up a whole new level with it too. Thank you Stern!
deadpool_orion_flashers (resized).pngdeadpool_orion_flashers (resized).png

#3276 5 years ago

This picture is location accurate too based upon the real playfield layout.

#3277 5 years ago

This will help those of you to visualize the locations much better of course.

deadpool_orion_flashers_combo (resized).pngdeadpool_orion_flashers_combo (resized).png
#3278 5 years ago

I had recent inquired about Pin Stadiums result on T2. Thanks SeaLawyer for the pics!

B87B3BBE-6B6E-4DD0-9E4C-17E7620AF6CB (resized).pngB87B3BBE-6B6E-4DD0-9E4C-17E7620AF6CB (resized).png
#3279 5 years ago

There are a lot of updates being made to the website and currently just finished the additional sections of instructions to make them even clearer and easier to understand. This one shows the proper mounting of the cable clamps for the Phantom Cables. Generally the highest point to on the backboard is best in most cases where this is no obstruction and about a 1/4"-1/2" from the edge to make sure it clears the playfield track when raised. If you use this image as a reference you should be golden!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

cable_clamp_mounting_a (resized).pngcable_clamp_mounting_a (resized).pngcable_clamp_mounting_ribbon (resized).pngcable_clamp_mounting_ribbon (resized).png

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There are a lot of updates being made to the website and currently just finished the additional sections of instructions to make them even clearer and easier to understand. This one shows the proper mounting of the cable clamps for the Phantom Cables. Generally the highest point to on the backboard is best in most cases where this is no obstruction and about a 1'4"-1'2" from the edge to make sure it clears the playfield track when raised. If you use this image as a reference you should be golden!
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok this is an Observation not meant as a criticism but most times your illustrations to Simplify are more confusing then the problem? Lol. What in this picture represents 1’ 4” of position? I’m still trying to figure out your last animated robot instruction for the Pinstadium shields. For me, a simple high res non marketing image of the product mounted on a game is the Best/simplest how to you could ask for! Or I could just be completely overlooking the obvious.

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok this is an Observation not meant as a criticism but most times your illustrations to Simplify are more confusing then the problem? Lol. What in this picture represents 1’ 4” of position? I’m still trying to figure out your last animated robot instruction for the Pinstadium shields. For me, a simple high res non marketing image of the product mounted on a game is the Best/simplest how to you could ask for! Or I could just be completely overlooking the obvious.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I can't make heads or tails of this diagram - no idea what I am looking at. Its a clip somewhere stuck to a corner of a piece of wood somewhere? A simple real-world picture would be much more helpful to see the context. This is why I still have not used any of my clip mounts, for any of the Pinstadiums I have. I have no idea where the best place is to use them.

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Unfortunately I have to agree. I can't make heads or tails of this diagram - no idea what I am looking at. Its a clip somewhere stuck to a corner of a piece of wood somewhere? A simple real-world picture would be much more helpful to see the context. This is why I still have not used any of my clip mounts, for any of the Pinstadiums I have. I have no idea where the best place is to use them.

Whew thought I was loosing it. I have an engineering degree but missed the art classes. Consider something more “average Joe” as most people don’t speak PinStadi-art. A simple cabinet image (no robots) with an arrow that says “place here”!

EAD7CCF0-A522-4029-9039-CF08051FCFF5 (resized).jpegEAD7CCF0-A522-4029-9039-CF08051FCFF5 (resized).jpeg
#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Whew thought I was loosing it. I have an engineering degree but missed the art classes. Consider something more “average Joe” as most people don’t speak PinStadi-art. A simple cabinet image (no robots) with an arrow that says “place here”! [quoted image]

Not to pile on, but TRUTH! I run a company that creates online training, and the robot-ware posing as training / installation guides make my head want to explode. Scott seems nice and helpful enough, but too often he can't get out of his own way. So much hyperbole, so many robots, and near-constant cheesy marketing.

Scott, I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think EVERYONE would be a lot happier if you could tone it down a notch. Install guides don't need robots and weird special effects. Everything else doesn't need to be "Hurry before they sell out!" Which is actually standard language on your website, by the way. No offense, but it comes off like a used car salesman asking everyone "What do I need to do to get you into this PinStadium...TODAY?!?" You have a high-end product. You don't need to come off like you're trying so hard. Just some friendly advice.

#3284 5 years ago

Seems pretty clear to me. Mount them just below the top of the backboard approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the sides.

#3285 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks! Sorry there was a typo on that and it is 1/4"-1/2" gap from the top of the playfield backboard. These are a work in progress and just posting them up here as it's part of a flow and video tutorial enhancement walkthroughs that should come together in a much cleaner fashion and along with some clear descriptions too. I welcome the input and appreciate the feedback as always too. Very helpful for sure!

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Haha, yes it's going to be part of the website and will be clearly stated and laid out so it makes sense when all of the pieces are done. Promise!

#3287 5 years ago

This is one of the most important parts of the install, making sure you have the GI and Flashers cables in the correct locations.

gi_connections_1500a (resized).pnggi_connections_1500a (resized).png
#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks! Sorry there was a typo on that and it is 1/4"-1/2" gap from the top of the playfield backboard. These are a work in progress and just posting them up here as it's part of a flow and video tutorial enhancement walkthroughs that should come together in a much cleaner fashion and along with some clear descriptions too. I welcome the input and appreciate the feedback as always too. Very helpful for sure!

All good Scott you Know we love and appreciate your product. Just know one of the things we love Most is the Simplicity of your product!! KISS as they say. Just keep marketing separate from tutorial instruction. Instructions are for people that understood your marketing so no further flare is needed. Keep lighting the games and we will follow.

#3289 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All good Scott you Know we love and appreciate your product. Just know one of the things we love Most is the Simplicity of your product!! KISS as they say. Just keep marketing separate from tutorial instruction. Instructions are for people that understood your marketing so no further flare is needed. Keep lighting the games and we will follow.

Your awesome and it's always nice to hear get a piece of your creative mind and ideas. The thread just isn't the same without you Yelobird !! It was nice talking with you and hanging out briefly at the show with you too. Appreciate all of your help/advice!

#3290 5 years ago

Speaking of which.....

Some great things in the works and one of the most requested add-ons for your existing Pin Stadiums coming soon! No worries either, if you already own a set you can add this to them too.

photon_merger (resized).pngphoton_merger (resized).png
#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Some great things in the works and one of the most requested add-ons for your existing Pin Stadiums coming soon! No worries either, if you already own a set you can add this to them too.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... There's no ambiguity in your teaser. I'll be first in line, amazing

#3292 5 years ago

Excellent news! Dot haters of the world rejoice! Let there be even light!

#3293 5 years ago

Oh hell yes. I say you rename this to Orion belt! The hype would deliver! Can't wait

#3294 5 years ago

I've been late to the Pinstadium Party, but finally installed a set on my Iron Maiden Premium (before/after photos). Difference is pretty dramatic. Iron Maiden is woefully void of spot lights near the slings or middle of the PF. The stripping effect on the metal ramps is a little annoying, but not a big deal for me (guess the "photon merger" will help with this?).

Over the years, I've solved poor GI lighting with PinballBulbs Double Spotlight kits ($25 each). Pinstadium lights are a more complete, but costly solution to solving the PF lighting the problem. The product with all the bells and whistles is $279.90 (GI module, UV+Glow flasher color, Invisi-Shield). From a packaging perspective, I'd like fewer choices...the GI module is required and I think the Invisible-Shield should be built-in (one less thing to install). The choices add complexity to the buying experience and made me feel like I was getting "nickeled and dimed".

The photos speak for themselves, and to be honest, the game looks even better in person. I've purchased HD glass for some of my games and I've always been on the fence about value. Sure, HD glass is an improvement, but the difference for me isn't dramatic (which is kind of disappointing at $300 a sheet). For me, the Pinstadium lights are a dramatic improvement. My Iron Maiden "stock" glass seems to disappear with the Pinstadium lighting...didn't expect this "feature".

In any event, will install Pinstadium on my Dialed In later today! Since it has HD glass, it will be interesting to see the difference...

Thanks to Scott for his excellent product & support!

snaroff

IMG_0451 (resized).jpegIMG_0451 (resized).jpegIMG_0452 (resized).jpegIMG_0452 (resized).jpeg
#3295 5 years ago

Does that Maiden have the Invisishields on them?

#3296 5 years ago

Invisishields are great - def worth it. At this point, they should come standard.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Does that Maiden have the Invisishields on them?

Yes.

#3298 5 years ago

What do those shields do? I can still see the crazy reflections on the ramps and plastics.

#3299 5 years ago

They block the lights from being seen if you're on the side of the machine. They don't block the striping although it looks like Scott is going to release something to prevent the pinstripes soon!

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My Iron Maiden "stock" glass seems to disappear with the Pinstadium lighting...didn't expect this "feature".

So true. It is a huge benefit that I feel is often overlooked.

I put PDI glass on a couple of my games and liked how it got rid of reflections so much that I was planning on eventually getting it for all of them. However, after installing Pinstadiums with standard glass, the reflections are also gone and I no longer feel any need for the expensive glass. So in effect...Scott is saving me money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 17.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 8,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.