(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,198 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-the-simpsons-party-pinball-mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png

There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 164.
#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... if hypothetically you get #1 and #2 at the same time it's purple?

Aside from the excellent light show, the advantage from a player's perspective let's say with Trent Augenstein from Tilt Amusements, he said that he uses the flasher triggers to help him know what is going on when he is playing so that he doesn't have to look up at the screen or to a certain spot of the playfield to see if he made the shot. His eyes are already onto the next plan mapping out what he will do next versus losing track of the ball to look at something he already completed or that is about to occur. It was interesting to hear this from him and how he uses the flasher triggers, now I do the same but I don't play anywhere near as good as Trent but it helps my game play dramatically. He actually requested that the flashers be hooked up at Pinburgh for that purpose

The specific example he gave me is that he will use the flasher trigger from the scoop on MET and knows when he sees the flash the ball is a successful hit or is getting ready for a kickout during multiball which is super helpful. As you know there is so much going on in that scenario that it's one less thing, and a major thing at that you don't have to worry about. I hope this helps explain a bit better and that you see that you can apply that to any game scenario. My scores on Iron Maiden are significantly more consistent and higher as a result of me being able to be more laser focused on exactly what I need to do. Pretty cool, thanks Trent!!

#2902 5 years ago

I think what you have also made is a way for us to have interactive undercab/backbox lighting like what used to be available for the old SAM machines for our Spike2 machines........

#2903 5 years ago

Things have really picked up even more now that Orion's Belt is explained and understood thanks chuckwurt

With that has come high volumes of messages and emails asking about shipping time and if this is a Pre-Order etc. I am doing my very best to answer these questions as fast as I can. So I will post it up here too. This is NOT a Pre-Order as Orion's Belt is literally ON THE LINE and is in full production along with the Pin Stadiums. No delays, full steam ahead!!!

Things are going smooth and shipping time is still 4-6 weeks for Orion's Belt as mentioned initially. Pin Stadiums are still in stock too for immediate shipment just in case anyone is wondering about that also.

There are still spots left for Orion's Belt from this first initial run if you want to get a set. Production is going so well that you may even be able to get them at Expo, but can't make any promises. I have no problem bringing them there if that is the case as I know many are anxious to get them.

#2904 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is full screen footage of Orion's Belt in action from the original promo video. Had many requests for this so I will post it up here so you can get a better visual of it:

Basically this is like making your game one giant flasher (or four different supersized flashers?)?

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Basically this is like making your game one giant flasher (or four different supersized flashers?)?

Hey good to hear from you!! Orion’s Belt is a full playfield coverage WiFi controllable system with 4 different flasher colors you choose with the color wheel on the app. Each trigger will power the lights to that exact color and brightness that you choose.

I hope that helps.

#2906 5 years ago

The lights run the length of the playfield like the Pin Stadiums but dedicated to flashers. They are the same length but it has a smaller slimline form factor with massive power that mounts discreetly below the Pin Stadiums. You can run Orion’s Belt independently too.

#2908 5 years ago

I feel like I just walked into a cult. The leader is purposefully obtuse desperately trying to catch lightning in a bottle a second time. Followers are oblivious to his machinations desperately searching for the truth in his babble and sincerely questioning to find the path to light. LOL at all the Orion's Belt nonsense.

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I think what you have also made is a way for us to have interactive undercab/backbox lighting like what used to be available for the old SAM machines for our Spike2 machines........

This is specifically for the Pin Stadium line of products for flasher colors for the playfield. Chris at Rock Customs has some awesome undercab and backbox lighting that is high quality: http://www.rockcustompinball.com/ He is a great guy and stands behind his product!

#2910 5 years ago

Update on things for the SDTM DPLE stream at the Pin Stadium factory with MC chuckwurt . It is now officially scheduled for Thursday 9/27 at 8PM EST

Deadpool will have Orion’s Belt on it for display!!

ZMeny @hollywoodbone

#2911 5 years ago

Ok as I’m being lazy today and don’t feel like searching... I’m installing PS lights on Deadpool LE today what is the preferred flasher tap so far? Need to give that Playfield some Boom!

#2912 5 years ago

Glad to help you !! This is the best spot I found so far. When the spinner rips!!

3794C8BA-CEFC-4B1B-BFBB-CA32C659F93D (resized).jpeg3794C8BA-CEFC-4B1B-BFBB-CA32C659F93D (resized).jpegFEE210F6-03F6-4403-B00E-00107E8BE0B1 (resized).jpegFEE210F6-03F6-4403-B00E-00107E8BE0B1 (resized).jpeg

#2913 5 years ago

The spinner the UV+Glow is connected to is the Wolverine “Team Up” spinner (See Green Arrow in pic below). Every time you hit that shot, “Boom”! I hope that helps. Let me know what you think of that location.

932E0071-2008-4B42-856B-F4CCF0992A1C (resized).jpeg932E0071-2008-4B42-856B-F4CCF0992A1C (resized).jpeg
#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Update on things for the SDTM DPLE stream at the Pin Stadium factory with MC chuckwurt . It is now officially scheduled for Thursday 8/27 at 8PM EST
Deadpool will have Orion’s Belt on it for display!!
zmeny hollywoodbone

Dear god, I have to go back in time to see it?! Check the date, Scott. lol.

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Dear god, I have to go back in time to see it?! Check the date, Scott. lol.

Yes it was the first to arrive number #001, haha! Just kidding, yikes I corrected it to 9/27 thanks for that correction.

#2916 5 years ago

I am posting this up for someone to try to decode this and see who possesses the masterful skill of decryption. I have been doing this with the first 50 Premier group of Orion's Belt orders (it tells them their production #) and figured this would be something you could all enjoy doing too.

This is good for a $25 gift card if you get the correct answer!!

Please message me here if you think you have deciphered the mystery code of this security bit so that I know to take it down. Also PM me to confirm what code you get too. This should be fun!

#2917 5 years ago
ob_code_25_DECODED (resized).pngob_code_25_DECODED (resized).png
#2918 5 years ago

Will cracking this guitar pick code show us a short video of what the product does? Lol I know we are waiting till Thursday for the product demonstration...

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will cracking this guitar pick code show us a short video of what the product does? Lol I know we are waiting till Thursday for the product demonstration...

It does look like a guitar pick actually haha! Gets you into the concert on Thursday for sure

#2920 5 years ago

PM Sent.

#2921 5 years ago

Bingo!!!! You killed it man, great job on decoding that one. Impressive!!! Your Gift Card code for $25 was just sent.

#2922 5 years ago

It's on boys and girls. chuckwurt will be in the house (literally). You will definitely need your 3D glasses for this one!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

DPLE_Stream (resized).pngDPLE_Stream (resized).png

#2923 5 years ago

The new product seems great! When I got Pin Stadiums last year, I couldn't stop thinking that the flashers would be so much cooler if they they were integrated a little more deeply, as in multiple triggers, and color customization... Orion's Belt is exactly what I had in mind.

I will admit when I had heard the name Orion's Belt earlier this year, I really thought it was going to be something that extended down to the bottom of the playfield through the trough area, and across the very back.. hence the 'Belt'.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The new product seems great! When I got Pin Stadiums last year, I couldn't stop thinking that the flashers would be so much cooler if they they were integrated a little more deeply, as in multiple triggers, and color customization... Orion's Belt is exactly what I had in mind.
I will admit when I had heard the name Orion's Belt earlier this year, I really thought it was going to be something that extended down to the bottom of the playfield through the trough area, and across the very back.. hence the 'Belt'.

Thank you and I appreciated the excitement about them! I remember your first review/install video of the Pin Stadium and I still use that regularly to show customers how to install them. That video was so well put together and impressive.

Orion's Belt is exactly what you wanted then for sure!

#2925 5 years ago

I don’t get this at all. You already had a massive set of LEDs to throw light with, why didn’t you just make a new control module that would hook flashers into the regular pinstadiums? Why do you need even more LEDs?

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don’t get this at all. You already had a massive set of LEDs to throw light with, why didn’t you just make a new control module that would hook flashers into the regular pinstadiums? Why do you need even more LEDs?

simple math (for new customers)
x1 product = $250
x2 products = $500

you make more $$$ if you gotta buy both!

(i have no idea if you can achieve the same effect using same leds but from a business point of view you stand to make more money just separating them)

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don’t get this at all. You already had a massive set of LEDs to throw light with, why didn’t you just make a new control module that would hook flashers into the regular pinstadiums? Why do you need even more LEDs

Quoted from russdx:

(i have no idea if you can achieve the same effect using same leds but from a business point of view you stand to make more money just separating them)

Excellent questions!! That was something I originally thought of too, as far as trying to make the existing Pin Stadiums do both. As you will see I quickly answered my own question too

The Pin Stadium lights are specifically designed and dedicated to provide GI illumination to the playfield. If you attempt to use them as flashers then you cause the playfield illumination to go off and to have to start the flashers. Which effectively negates the main benefit to what they provide. As a result the playfield illumination turns off and you lose track of the ball while get blasted with flashers! Not a sacrifice I was willing to accept. Believe me I tried and it was an absolute nightmare.

That loss of illumination is intense once you see a game with Pin Stadiums Off and then On. It literally looks like you turned the GI “Off” on the game completely in most instances. Anyone that owns them can attest to this and also losing track of the ball is the biggest thing you don’t want to do.

I also tried another flasher method where I kept just the white lights on while pulsing the colored LEDs only. The result was that you sacrifice the colors settings you have dialed in on the app which ruins the point of even having the app to customize the playfield illumination/colors.

Then in addition to that I tried dimming the white lights because when I was flashing the Red, Greens, and Blues in the previous scenario they were hardly making any impact relative to the illumination even just the white Pin Stadium GI lights alone were providing. You literally couldn’t see this light flash if at all (I had to bend down and look directly at the lights to see if they were coming on) and it did nothing noticeable (explained in detail further down as to why).

So dimming the white made them a “little” more pronounced (and I mean very little) but again you lose playfield illumination and ball tracking, mess with your app settings etc. So no go there either for sure. I would never want to sacrifice gameplay and ball tracking for a light show whenever possible.

Also RGB lights are 1/3 the size of a full blown SMD chip as they are mini clustered diodes on one chip versus being dedicated to that color like a White would be. Even if you separate them into larger chips the same size of the white you have an unmerged mess of lights on the playfield, less LEDs overall too. Plus to make i worse you literally see the Red, Green, and Blue shining on the playfield like a Christmas tree. Yikes!!! How do I know? Because it happened to me during the prototyping and design process. It was a nightmare and eye sore needless to say.

In these scenarios mentioned above I was also effectively taking out the very most important color spectrum (White) for visibility of the grouping of the Pin Stadium lights.

It is important to note that White is THE “very” most important part of what allows you to have the full spectrum color ability for the Orion’s Belts flashers and gives the highly impressive effects/features of the product by far. With white you can now use the color wheel in the Pin Stadium app to dial in those flashers to ANY color that you would like.

Without “White” you go from just 3 flasher colors (Red, Green, and Blue) to 16 million colors flasher options by adding that alone. It’s HUGE and gives you unlimited possibilities! Then add the fact the the custom Flasher Module allows individual brightness control of each one!!!

So this is why the Orion’s Belt is a separate standalone complimenting product and mounts under the Pin Stadiums with very stealth mount and form factor while having built in Invisi-Shields!! The LED PCB and the chips on Orion’s are completely custom and massively upgraded that overcome all of these issues to handle more power, delivery high quality driven results with true colors, and to perfectly compliment the Pin Stadiums GI lighting by expanding that product even further past where it already is.

Additionally I am giving customers the option to use Orion’s Belt as a standalone product if they want instead of buying both. Which is always nice to options!

However the combination of the two together is outstanding results!!

I hope this better answers these questions and explains a small portion of what I did over the last year in designing these. I trust that when a customer installs these that the results will speak more than words can ever say.

There’s a lot more to this that I could elaborate on and am happy to as questions come up. I love talking about these things and getting chance to explain better. But I will spare you all for now.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The simple answer >

Quoted from russdx:

you make more $$$ if you gotta buy both!

The salesman answer >

Quoted from pinstadium:

Excellent questions!! That was something I originally thought of too, as far as trying to make the existing Pin Stadiums do both. As you will see I quickly answered my own question too
The Pin Stadium lights are specifically designed and dedicated to provide GI illumination to the playfield. If you attempt to use them as flashers then you cause the playfield illumination to go off and to have to start the flashers. Which effectively negates the main benefit to what they provide. As a result the playfield illumination turns off and you lose track of the ball while get blasted with flashers! Not a sacrifice I was willing to accept. Believe me I tried and it was an absolute nightmare.
That loss of illumination is intense once you see a game with Pin Stadiums Off and then On. It literally looks like you turned the GI “Off” on the game completely in most instances. Anyone that owns them can attest to this and also losing track of the ball is the biggest thing you don’t want to do.
I also tried another flasher method where I kept just the white lights on while pulsing the colored LEDs only. The result was that you sacrifice the colors settings you have dialed in on the app which ruins the point of even having the app to customize the playfield illumination/colors.
Then in addition to that I tried dimming the white lights because when I was flashing the Red, Greens, and Blues in the previous scenario they were hardly making any impact relative to the illumination even just the white Pin Stadium GI lights alone were providing. You literally couldn’t see this light flash if at all (I had to bend down and look directly at the lights to see if they were coming on) and it did nothing noticeable (explained in detail further down as to why).
So dimming the white made them a “little” more pronounced (and I mean very little) but again you lose playfield illumination and ball tracking, mess with your app settings etc. So no go there either for sure. I would never want to sacrifice gameplay and ball tracking for a light show whenever possible.
Also RGB lights are 1/3 the size of a full blown SMD chip as they are mini clustered diodes on one chip versus being dedicated to that color like a White would be. Even if you separate them into larger chips the same size of the white you have an unmerged mess of lights on the playfield, less LEDs overall too. Plus to make i worse you literally see the Red, Green, and Blue shining on the playfield like a Christmas tree. Yikes!!! How do I know? Because it happened to me during the prototyping and design process. It was a nightmare and eye sore needless to say.
In these scenarios mentioned above I was also effectively taking out the very most important color spectrum (White) for visibility of the grouping of the Pin Stadium lights.
It is important to note that White is THE “very” most important part of what allows you to have the full spectrum color ability for the Orion’s Belts flashers and gives the highly impressive effects/features of the product by far. With white you can now use the color wheel in the Pin Stadium app to dial in those flashers to ANY color that you would like.
Without “White” you go from just 3 flasher colors (Red, Green, and Blue) to 16 million colors flasher options by adding that alone. It’s HUGE and gives you unlimited possibilities! Then add the fact the the custom Flasher Module allows individual brightness control of each one!!!
So this is why the Orion’s Belt is a separate standalone complimenting product and mounts under the Pin Stadiums with very stealth mount and form factor while having built in Invisi-Shields!! The LED PCB and the chips on Orion’s are completely custom and massively upgraded that overcome all of these issues to handle more power, delivery high quality driven results with true colors, and to perfectly compliment the Pin Stadiums GI lighting by expanding that product even further past where it already is.
Additionally I am giving customers the option to use Orion’s Belt as a standalone product if they want instead of buying both. Which is always nice to options!
However the combination of the two together is outstanding results!!
I hope this better answers these questions and explains a small portion of what I did over the last year in designing these. I trust that when a customer installs these that the results will speak more than words can ever say.
There’s a lot more to this that I could elaborate on and am happy to as questions come up. I love talking about these things and getting chance to explain better. But I will spare you all for now.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

The real answer >>

Pinstadium lights are so damn bright that it over powers the flasher effects on many games (can no longer sense them out of the corner of your eye when playing). This has been a negative I have heard from even the most vocal supporters of this over priced junk. The business answer is then to upsell to the customer with another product that brings back the ability to see a flasher.

Pretty soon, there will be pinstadium ultras which are needed to get a better sense of the GI since the new orions belt over powers the GI now.

A few more revolutions and you will finally see this come to the reality that was created b Jay a few years back with IronMan.

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pinstadium lights are so damn bright that it over powers the flasher effects on many games (can no longer sense them out of the corner of your eye when playing). This has been a negative I have heard from even the most vocal supporters of this over priced junk. The business answer is then to upsell to the customer with another product that brings back the ability to see a flasher.

Yes, that brings up and excellent point too with expanded controls and versatility on Orion's Belt that was taken into consideration as it gives you full control of the flashers brightness on each individual trigger so that you can balance them to exactly the correct level of brightness you would like. In addition you can color code or color match the flasher to make identification of that shot even easier.

This way you don't have to look back at what you just shot to see if that flasher on the playfield is telling you if you made the shot or not. You can continue to follow the ball and plan your next shot. Or in the reverse sense if there is a shot to be made that is flashing you know where you have to go without looking away to that flasher or even at the display. I took input from competitive players specifically for this purpose.

This is something that Trent from Tilt Amusements specifically uses when he plays. It makes much more sense to not look back or try to look away but to keep progressing forward staying focused on ball position. I never thought of it as I am a casual player.

And even better you still can see the original integrity of the flashers too from the machine as the factory intended if you like, as this is due to the side fire design of the Orion's Belt that evenly coats the playfield so it does not over power by distracting you with seeing the light source of Orion. Thanks Trent for that simple yet very important input.

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes, that brings up and excellent point too with expanded controls and versatility on Orion's Belt that was taken into consideration as it gives you full control of the flashers brightness on each individual trigger so that you can balance them to exactly the correct level of brightness you would like. In addition you can color code or color match the flasher to make identification of that shot even easier.
This way you don't have to look back at what you just shot to see if that flasher on the playfield is telling you if you made the shot or not. You can continue to follow the ball and plan your next shot. Or in the reverse sense if there is a shot to be made that is flashing you know where you have to go without looking away to that flasher or even at the display. I took input from competitive players specifically for this purpose.
This is something that Trent from Tilt Amusements specifically uses when he plays. It makes much more sense to not look back or try to look away but to keep progressing forward staying focused on ball position. I never thought of it as I am a casual player.
And even better you still can see the original integrity of the flashers too from the machine as the factory intended if you like, as this is due to the side fire design of the Orion's Belt that evenly coats the playfield so it does not over power by distracting you with seeing the light source of Orion. Thanks Trent for that simple yet very important input.

Funny, I play with standard lighting and standard LEDs (often even remove LED flashers to reinstall incandescent when they are too bright) and have absolutely zero problem with knowing when a flasher goes off and what it means. The pinstadium junk over powers the normal flashers, hence the upsell to return the flashers to a level that is noticable. You swing it as marketing and a new offering (nevermind the insane prices on this junk).

I look at it as another great reason to remove the junk from a game all together.

Better yet, if anyone really thinks a game is too dark, a few simple spot lights can be added for $20. Benefit that they also dont blow out artwork, blind a player, make you lose the ball, or cost as much; and you can position them exactly where needed.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny, I play with standard lighting and standard LEDs (often even remove LED flashers to reinstall incandescent when they are too bright) and have absolutely zero problem with knowing when a flasher goes off and what it means. The pinstadium junk over powers the normal flashers, hence the upsell to return the flashers to a level that is noticable. You swing it as marketing and a new offering (nevermind the insane prices on this junk).
I look at it as another great reason to remove the junk from a game all together.
Better yet, if anyone really thinks a game is too dark, a few simple spot lights can be added for $20. Benefit that they also dont blow out artwork, blind a player, make you lose the ball, or cost as much; and you can position them exactly where needed.

I have to ageee that Pin Stadiums and Orion’s Belt are not for everyone but for those that are looking to improve their machines by expanding their experience with better visibility/playability more features/functions, easy non-invasive install, ability to move it to any machine, and one heck of a light show that you control to your exact color and brightness preferences in all aspects then these are definitely for you.

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So you don’t like the Pinstadium’s? Then why are you even in this thread? Oh yeah...TROLL

Small hint for you. This “junk” has a brightness control so you can turn the “damn” bright lights down.

Go troll someplace else.

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

So you don’t like the Pinstadium’s? Then why are you even in this thread?

It is a pinball forum talking about pinball and in this case a mod for a game.

Sharing an opinion on a product is not trolling.

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

because if you don't need a welding helmet to play its clearly too dim.

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is when you do it with your style. How many times did you call the product junk? There is no need for that. You can share your opinion without being......well....you. Stop pretending. You know you came in here to be a troll. You are never gonna change.

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A few more revolutions and you will finally see this come to the reality that was created b Jay a few years back with IronMan.

which was made as a joke for the olympics.

Quoted from Lonzo:

So you don’t like the Pinstadium’s? Then why are you even in this thread? Oh yeah...TROLL
Small hint for you. This “junk” has a brightness control so you can turn the “damn” bright lights down.
Go troll someplace else.

If you turn them down they weren't really needed in the first place were they?

#2937 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

which was made as a joke for the olympics.

I have the white set at 25% and the color set at 75%. And it gives the exact look I want without being too bright. So yes, they were needed.

#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

It is when you do it with your style. How many times did you call the product junk? There is no need for that.

I called it junk 3 times. I find it to be a junky product.
I was honestly excited to see what it could be when it was announced originally, but after seeing it in person, the many games on route where it is falling apart, and now that it needs a new strobe add-on due to over powering the regular ones, it reinforces the issues with this product.

There is a legit problem with some games that are just to dark or have poor factory lighting.
Sadly this product is not the answer for the price/ quality.

Quoted from Lonzo:

you can turn the “damn” bright lights down

seems silly to be "needing" this product and then turning it down to 25% brightness.

this seems like a really easy way to add lights exactly where needed for a dim pf, at a fraction of the cost, and bonus that the flashers are still completely noticeable.

lights (resized).JPGlights (resized).JPG
#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was honestly excited to see what it could be when it was announced originally, but after seeing it in person, the many games on route where it is falling apart, and now that it needs a new strobe add-on due to over powering the regular ones, it reinforces the issues with this product.
There is a legit problem with some games that are just to dark or have poor factory lighting.

seems silly to be "needing" this product and then turning it down to 25% brightness.
this seems like a really easy way to add lights exactly where needed for a dim pf, at a fraction of the cost, and bonus that the flashers are still completely noticeable.[quoted image]

Yeah. Those spotlights look awesome. Lol
I have the improved look and the UV glow flasher. I’m done with you. Back to Pinstadiums. In case you didn’t get the hint, that’s your cue to leave.

#2940 5 years ago

So ... With the original pinstadium flasher and the new Orion's belt flasher, you can have 5 a total of different flashers on the sides, correct? It's just the original doesn't have a color or brightness adjustment.

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this seems like a really easy way to add lights exactly where needed for a dim pf, at a fraction of the cost, and bonus that the flashers are still completely noticeable.[quoted image]

I HAD spotlights on my games. Yea, its the cheaper route. Also requires more effort to install. They also are great at being bulky objects on the playfield. The spotlights are a sorta decent fix, but are 'junk' compared to Pinstadiums. Yes, you have the freedom to your opinion. Just as much as people have the freedom to spend their money on whatever they want. I couldnt care less what people spend their money on. I will stand by a product that has done me good though. So, I for one stand by pinstadiums.

We get it. You dont like pinstadiums. To each their own. Just seems pointless to keep going on about it.

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The moderators set a compromise of sorts regarding Pinstadiums because they are so polarizing for some reason (few seem to be in the middle); Scott no longer posts about them in game threads and haters (this means you) are to stay out of the P.S. thread which is here for announcements and fans of the product, etc.

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cmon man, you’re being rediculous. You’re better than that. Don’t be a dick.

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Come on, this is just ridiculous. I guess every room in my house where I have a dimmer switch on the lights doesn't need lights either?? Customization of the lighting to a specific game and environment is definitely one of the best things about the Pinstadium product.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The moderators set a compromise of sorts regarding Pinstadiums because they are so polarizing for some reason (few seem to be in the middle); Scott no longer posts about them in game threads and haters (this means you) are to stay out of the P.S. thread which is here for announcements and fans of the product, etc.

I did not realize this was a dedicated club thread for the specific product. My apologies.
I did not realize that pinside now had dedicated threads for mods.

#2946 5 years ago

You know what I like? Pinstadiums!
You know why? Because they are awesome!

People have the right to like and dislike anything they so choose. I just do not like it when someone is over the top with saying how much they dislike a product. I know alot of people who make mods and sure not all of their products are great. But I do know how much hard work, time and money goes into making these items. For that reason I respect anyone who is trying to sell their items to the pinball community. Thank you everyone for your contribution.

(Scott thankfully never had to tip toe around your products. They have always been great)

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... With the original pinstadium flasher and the new Orion's belt flasher, you can have 5 a total of different flashers on the sides, correct? It's just the original doesn't have a color or brightness adjustment.

Sounds like you are close. Just to clarify, tThey are two different products, Pin Stadium is one product and then the Orion's Belt is the second and it mounts just below the existing Pin Stadium you have. Orion's Belt will gives you 4 additional flashers, so 5 total (if you were to count the one on the Pin Stadium). On Orion's Belt each of those 4 flashers you have unlimited flasher color options. You adjust each of them to any color and brightness using the app. They are side firing (facing across the playfield) with Invisi-Shield built in, so they will evenly cast across they playfield and you don't see the source of the light firing.

#2948 5 years ago

Scott we spoke a load when you first showed off pinstadium, I kept asking you if you could hook these up to the games GI so when that went out the PS went out.

My question now is can I have pinstadiums without the UV glow and add orions belt?

And will I get that much more benefit with Orion’s Belt compared to having the pinstadiums linked to the games GI, currently I have LED flashers which are nice and bright in place of my incandescent flashers.

Providing the pinstadiums can drop out when the games GI does, will I really get that much more from OB?

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

scott we spoke a load when you first showed off pinstadium, I kept asking you if you could hook these up to the games GI so when that went out the PS went out.
My question now is can I have pinstadiums without the UV glow and add orions belt?
And will I get that much more benefit with Orion’s Belt compared to having the pinstadiums linked to the games GI, currently I have LED flashers which are nice and bright in place of my incandescent flashers.
Providing the pinstadiums can drop out when the games GI does, will I really get that much more from OB?

Yes a blast from the past and I totally remember our conversation early in the development/release of the Pin Stadiums and the GI integration you spoke about was great earlier feedback. You asked and many others asked too, and man it was worth figuring that one out

During the development of Orion’s Belt I tinkered with the idea and made it in replacement of the UV+Glow to see how that was. What I found was the since Orion’s Belt has 4 triggers points the flashers are going off much more often as you hit features on the machine. Work that said the down firing design positioning came to be too much and very distracting because you are regularly seeing the source of the lights reflecting in to your eyes of the playfield.

As a result I decided it needed to be much more stealth and have a factory appeare that did not reveal the light source so it magically blended with the machine from a visual standpoint. Also I didn’t want to take away from one of the coolest features of the Pin Stadium’s which is the UV+Glow and make people choose.

So then this was the reasoning for making it a separate system for Orion’s Belt that was a great addition to compliment the Pin Stadiums my mounting them just below them where they are hidden and are side firing. So the Orion’s Belt lights face the same direction as the Pin Stadiums GI (trying to help make it so it’s easy to visualize the arrangement).

That side firing mounting method makes the light source invisible and it lets you cast the very HD quality color over the entire playfield.

So then to answer the question about hooking them up to the GI. The Orion’s Belt has a Flasher Module instead of a GI Module. How that works different is that I have coded into it to look for events that are sequenced as to not merge colors or confuse feature flashes. So if you hooked up the to the GI, the Orion’s would come on but they are going to stay on the entire time until they go off and while they are off something else needs a to be triggered to active them.

I will give you a scenario and short answer at the same time. They will trigger from GI bulb but not behave properly to be interactive with the exception of when you trigger them let’s say in Iron Maiden Premium/Le.

Since that model of IMDN has Red GI that comes on separate for the Fear of Dark Mode you could hook up one of the triggers to that but it would momentarily disable the other flashers on Orion’s Belt while they event is on and you could dial them to Red to do a full red color wash during that mode only.

However in my opinion the flashers from Orion’s Belt during that mode are one of the most impressive moments of that game.

I hope this helps to answer your question and addresses it properly. If not I would be more and happy to clarify further in case I misunderstood the question.

#2950 5 years ago

Scott, I didn’t want to have to search and search. Can I get recommended placement of flasher for MET and TWD? Thanks! Also, way to take the high road on people calling Pinstadium’s junk. That’s a joke. Keep up the great work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/59?hl=johnvee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.