(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,198 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-the-simpsons-party-pinball-mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png

There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So you can have Orion’s Belt by itself without pinstadium if you want the added flasher effects?

Absolutely !!!

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Magna mounts? Do I want this with a PS TWD order?

They come with them automatically so you will have everything you need. I double checked your order and you are good to go!

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

They come with them automatically so you will have everything you need. I double checked your order and you are good to go!

Looks great Scott. Excited for my improved pin. Next is my TFLE and then TZ and IJ!

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That would be awesome!
In the meantime..... Pinstadium trifecta![quoted image]

Looking like a super fancy setup there delt31 Thanks for posting those pretty machines up and the Pin Stadiums look great too!!

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Did Something new come out today?

Feel free to share your impression of them since you just saw Orion’s Belt in person. Many would appreciate hearing the first feedback on these for sure.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Ok. I have seen nothing in any of the explanations that say that the belt actually interacts with the Pinstadium’s. Could you not just hook this up as a stand alone option?

Yes you can definitely have it as a stand alone too! They are two separate products that do two different jobs extremely well. They both work with the Pin Stadium app too. When combined it’s the ultimate combo with some rather impressive results.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks great Scott. Excited for my improved pin. Next is my TFLE and then TZ and IJ!

I look forward to hearing your impression of them. Please post it up here when they arrive as we would all love to hear from you! Sounds like you have quite the collection over there.

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I look forward to hearing your impression of them. Please post it up here when they arrive as we would all love to hear from you! Sounds like you have quite the collection over there.

So are we waiting for these paying customers to display what this product is and how it works or is that something you still plan to do? This is a most unusual unveil so far. lol Seems like everything for the unveil promotion was planned except the actual product unveil itself lol. Pictures Pretty Please!! We are talking some serious cash here so I would prefer to make an educated decision.

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So are we waiting for these paying customers to display what this product is and how it works or is that something you still plan to do? This is a most unusual unveil so far. lol Seems like everything for the unveil promotion was planned except the actual product unveil itself lol. Pictures Pretty Please!! We are talking some serious cash here so I would prefer to make an educated decision.

I was referring to underlord and his first set of Pin Stadiums he just purchased for his TWD.

The product pics and walk through are going to come from me for sure.

So no need to wait for the customers that have already placed the orders for Orion’s Belt.

As mentioned in the previous posts I will surely get all of this to you. I have posted up several pics with detailed information and will continue that also.

Pictures are worth a thousand words but a stream is worth a million more so you can see and hear me walk you through it all the way too.

This will be happening this coming this Tuesday 8/25 at 8pm EST as SDTM will be streaming Deadpool LE live from the Pin Stadium factory with Orion’s Belt installed. Be sure to check that out also.

Once you see it I am confident that it will make total sense to you as it’s not as complicated as it may sound. It’s just the fact that it has all of these features packed together and that may be what is making it sound complex.

I think then you will be like “okay it’s Pin Stadium technology and installation/hardware just like what I know and have done but in a smaller form factor dimensionally but same length as the other light bars that mounts under the Pin Stadium with Magna Mounts too. The Invisi-Shields are built in and it’s dedicated to flashers instead of GI”.

In the meantime I will continue to answer questions here and post up things the best I can. No worries I’ve got you covered.

Feel free to ring me up tomorrow (well technically today as it’s 3am and I am getting up now processing orders and doing production as we speak) let’s talk if that helps too.

#2860 5 years ago

Here is a picture I just took of them on IMDN showing that they use/share the same cable clamps as the Pin Stadiums in the back too!

D201E473-B8C1-4455-9337-CA753DF17986 (resized).jpegD201E473-B8C1-4455-9337-CA753DF17986 (resized).jpeg
#2861 5 years ago

Here is wiring harness with just two more pairs of wires than what you are used to for super easy install.

31B3AD49-B573-45CE-9E84-D7DD5956E520 (resized).jpeg31B3AD49-B573-45CE-9E84-D7DD5956E520 (resized).jpeg
#2862 5 years ago

I have consolidated the pics I have posted so far so it’s easier for everyone to see and not have to search through previous posts.

group_pic (resized).pnggroup_pic (resized).png
#2863 5 years ago

I hope this helps and more to come too!

#2864 5 years ago

So you're holding off on actually showing us this thing until 9/25? I likely speak for many when I say the marketing video and recent pics of cords and power hook ups is not qualifying as actually showing us this product.

Seems like you can take a video right now and post it today. It now seems like you're hyping another video on 9/25 to actually be the true reveal. It's that correct?

I just want to know when am I able to actually see what this product truly is.

#2865 5 years ago

Forgot to post this as well..... Trifecta pinstadium yesterday and now the double play on the other side with DI and SS

I think those two games along with AFM look especially great. No need for them on the Hobbit. Getaway and Wh20 look very good with them too. No regrets. Great product for the right usually older games although DI does really look good.

[att=4598424,13

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you're holding off on actually showing us this thing until 9/25? I likely speak for many when I say the marketing video and recent pics of cords and power hook ups is not qualifying as actually showing us this product.
Seems like you can take a video right now and post it today. It now seems like you're hyping another video on 9/25 to actually be the true reveal. It's that correct?
I just want to know when am I able to actually see what this product truly is.

Just working on getting pics up of everything and not waiting for 9/25 for the stream so 4 days away. That will give you all full coverage and more detail. Also doing a big interview with a popular podcast even prior to that and will delver even deeper in things too!! More pics and content coming!

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just working on getting pics up of everything and not waiting for 9/25 for that, the stream is 8/25 so 4 days away for a stream too. That will give you all full coverage and more detail. Also doing a big interview with a popular podcast even prior to that and will delver even deeper in things too!! More pics and content coming!

Pics, interviews.... That's great. But video Scott....Can you just answer this.....

When can we expect a video of this thing in action? Is that 9/25 via SDTM (the best in the biz)?

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pics, interviews.... That's great. But video Scott....Can you just answer this.....
When can we expect a video of this thing in action? Is that 9/25 via SDTM (the best in the biz)?

Not sure if scott is going to post a video before then, but yes SDTM stream on 9/25.

I plan to do some glass off demonstrations so you can see how the different flashers work depending on what you activate on the playfield.

Any other suggestions of things to cover on the stream?

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes the stream is the video and even better live raw video, and correct 9/25 and it will be at 8pm EST too. Pics coming in the meantime too!!

#2870 5 years ago

Here are pics of Orion’s Belt installed on Iron Maiden. I took a bunch of different angles so that you can see it and also how it mounts very stealth under the Pin Stadiums. This is the same machine that was in the video too. Enjoy!!!

29A4AA4B-ED5E-4537-8885-11A5DFEEF339 (resized).jpeg29A4AA4B-ED5E-4537-8885-11A5DFEEF339 (resized).jpeg
#2871 5 years ago

Here is one at a distance too.

892EBF1A-E52A-4FE9-8CB0-385B15FE8208 (resized).jpeg892EBF1A-E52A-4FE9-8CB0-385B15FE8208 (resized).jpeg
#2872 5 years ago

And another of them removed.

8679C405-6C88-43E9-92D5-30F9BBE6B21D (resized).jpeg8679C405-6C88-43E9-92D5-30F9BBE6B21D (resized).jpeg
#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes the stream is the video and even better live raw video, and correct 9/25 and it will be at 8pm EST too. Pics coming in the meantime too!!

Ok thanks for confirming.

No other suggestions for the steam as I still don't really understand what this thing is besides adding additional flasher effects. Sorry.

#2874 5 years ago

Sure thing glad to help. Since you are familiar with Pin Stadiums and what they do for GI, then take that and imagine a Pin Stadium product that focuses solely on flasher, with unlimited colors, brightness control, multiple flasher colors all in one product. It's job is to give you some major wow and dazzle by igniting the playfield like no other. The best way to compare it is the feeling you get when you turn your Pin Stadiums Off and then On and you notice the crazy difference. This is the same intense experience but in the flasher realm.

These PCB and the LEDs in Orion's Belt are very advanced high quality and performance LED's that I designed and are spec'd just for this application. These had to be powerful in order to have the wow factor needed when sitting alongside the powerful Pin Stadiums. Of course one of the coolest features is the ability to be able to control them with the app and designate the colors and brightness for each flasher trigger. They are side firing and you don't see the light source but you will absolutely see the results because they are covering the entire playfield with even coloring. They are facing the same direction of the GI's on the Pin Stadiums. That little change in itself is extremely pleasing with results. Here is a scenario example:

Flasher #1: Red at 100% Brightness
Flasher #2: Gold at 63% Brightness
Flasher #3: Turquoise 78%
Flasher #4: Green 95%

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok thanks for confirming.
No other suggestions for the steam as I still don't really understand what this thing is besides adding additional flasher effects. Sorry.

That’s pretty much it. You have four flasher hookups.

Pick the flashers you want each flasher hookup to go to.

Then you can individually control what each flasher color will be.

So for your getaway:

You can set it to flash red when the middle flasher on the supercharger goes.

You can have it flash a different color for another flasher in the game.

And so on.

Here were this can get awesome.

MET:

Every time you hit the snake, the game flashes green as he spits the ball out.

Every time you hit sparky the game flashes blue

Every time you hit the tomb stones it flashes white

Every time you hit the coffin it flashes red.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Feel free to share your impression of them since you just saw Orion’s Belt in person. Many would appreciate hearing the first feedback on these for sure.

When Scott first showed me the design last week in action I was very impressed. You basically have 4 different flashers on orions belt that you can change to custom colors by triggering them from different parts of the playfield (up to 4). All of this is able to be accomplished thru the pinstadium app. That is what orions belt does and how i understand it to work

The light show is super impressive when a flasher is triggered. It covers the playfield in the color you select for the flasher. For instance on Maiden one of the flashers was set to red when the ball triggered a flasher on the playfield and it complements the game very well.

As for the quality everything feels the same, if not better than pinstadiums with a custom factory look. I didnt even know they were on the machine until we started playing and the flashers went off. Had no clue where orions belt was located until the glass was taken off.

Scott spent over 8 months developing these and made the module that runs everything himself. I think the work and time that went into the development is difficult for people to understand.

Congrats on another great product.

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So for your getaway:
And so on.
MET:

Tons of posts about the original PinStadium were regarding where to hook up the (single) flasher so it wasn't overkill by going off too often. How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this. Scott kept promising some day we'd have a color-adjustable flasher option. Too bad it only comes in SUPER BLING mode and with a $260 price tag. I was 100% in for a single color-adjustable flasher option. Too bad it doesn't look like we'll get a reasonable option to accomplish that.

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this.

Yeah definitely won’t be for everyone like anything else.

Too much flash for me as well, but if seeing certain games at shows is any indication, there are people that will want all these additional flasher features.

Also the fact you can dumb down the brightness of the flashers may help with the intensity. I won’t know until I play a game with these on it in person.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So for your getaway:
And so on.
MET:

*THIS* is the first write up after dozens of posts that makes any sense! Good job, now we can finally understand what it does!

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Tons of posts about the original PinStadium were regarding where to hook up the (single) flasher so it wasn't overkill by going off too often. How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this. Scott kept promising some day we'd have a color-adjustable flasher option. Too bad it only comes in SUPER BLING mode and with a $260 price tag. I was 100% in for a single color-adjustable flasher option. Too bad it doesn't look like we'll get a reasonable option to accomplish that.

THIS! So much this. It makes it way crazier that to kit out my machines with the whole setup I could buy another pin even. I'm priced out before we even start.

#2881 5 years ago

This was pretty cool when I did it 4 years ago

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah definitely won’t be for everyone like anything else.
Too much flash for me as well, but if seeing certain games at shows is any indication, there are people that will want all these additional flasher features.
Also the fact you can dumb down the brightness of the flashers may help with the intensity. I won’t know until I play a game with these on it in person.

Yes as with anything this may not be for everyone, but based upon the orders coming in from existing Pin Stadium customers it has been a huge huge hit and really hits at home with them as behind the scenes these were the feature I received endless requests about. The response was even better than I could have ever anticipated. I remember chuckwurt asking if there was an option for green flashers on GOT and a way to adjust brightness at the beginning of all of this. Now you got it! Can't wait for the stream to show these to everyone live and in action. Woohoo!!

I have to say that I am so very thankful for you all that have supported Pin Stadium and I REALLY appreciate the input and suggestions on this that allowed it to be more than what was ever expected. You guys are amazing and now I better get to work building these as I can't see the light of day right now. No complaints here though!

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

*THIS* is the first write up after dozens of posts that makes any sense! Good job, now we can finally understand what it does!

Yes very clear and concise. Thank you chuckwurt for taking the time to post this up for everyone!

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Tons of posts about the original PinStadium were regarding where to hook up the (single) flasher so it wasn't overkill by going off too often. How in the world is 4x connections not going to be beyond over the top? I can't imagine I'm going to want this. Scott kept promising some day we'd have a color-adjustable flasher option.

It is crazy how things change, because just when I thought that one flasher color was enough, then everyone asked for more and kept asking. Finally it was the majority that wanted more flashers options since the UV+Glow was and is such a hit. But like anything, we want options. I am always willing to do my best to please and then try to step it up a notch.

It's funny because back then I agreed it would have been overkill too because of no adjust-ability of brightness (remember thinking the same thing) and then seeing the light source of the flasher going off all the time full blast facing downward on the playfield into your eyes would have been a nightmare. We now have full brightness control of each and every one, and then infinite colors not just limited to Red,Green, Blue, but every color in the world and then every type of white too (Warm, Sunlight, Natural, Cool, and X-Treme White) and on top of that it is configurable for each flasher source. Even better like estrader said you have no idea where it is coming from and is factory Stealth with the Side-Firing mount.

It is always interesting to see how things pan out and I really enjoy doing this. Especially listening to the customers and taking that input and turning it into a high performing, functional product. Love it guys!!

#2885 5 years ago

Here is full screen footage of Orion's Belt in action from the original promo video. Had many requests for this so I will post it up here so you can get a better visual of it:

#2886 5 years ago

That video needs an epilepsy warning

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That video needs an epilepsy warning

Haha, yes it is quite the sight to see and really brings Maiden alive even more! Fully adjustable brightness so you can tone it down or crank it up just to your liking.

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So for your getaway:
And so on.
MET:

Well this was very helpful. I understand now. Sounds like Scott might want to put a seizure warning for those new buyers but at least I can understand the value this is trying to bring to the table. Thanks!

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well this was very helpful. I understand now.

Awesome I am glad that I was able to help explain that better for you and help you to gain an understanding of what Orion's Belt is all about. Basically, combine it with a Pin Stadium kit and you are going to have the best light show possible. Even better is you don't have any limitations since you can adjust them to any color and brightness, and you can change them on the fly to make the flasher colors match appropriately with the theme of the modes so they look superb with the playfield artwork too.

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well this was very helpful. I understand now. Sounds like Scott might want to put a seizure warning for those new buyers but at least I can understand the value this is trying to bring to the table. Thanks!

Yeah chuckwurt did finally explain it pretty well.

#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is full screen footage of Orion's Belt in action from the original promo video. Had many requests for this so I will post it up here so you can get a better visual of it:

This is incredibly cool and exactly what my IMDNLE was missing. IMDN, as we all know, is not heavy on toys. Now, I did not feel like adding any (airplane, more figures, arches etc) at all, I was hoping I could add more lighting effects but so far there were no other options than the scoop light etc, nothing that "jumps".

Scott's announcement came as a total surprise to me, fantastic!!! Cannot wait to install and melt my face.

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So for your getaway:
And so on.
MET:

This was the explanation I wanted. Just to confirm. I don’t need the original Pinstadiums to use Orion’s Belt? Right?

I’m just not interested in lighting my IMDN up like, well, a stadium. I just want some more contrasting effects between the dark playfield and when the flashers go off.

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

This was the explanation I wanted. Just to confirm. I don’t need the original Pinstadiums to use Orion’s Belt? Right?
I’m just not interested in lighting my IMDN up like, well, a stadium. I just want some more contrasting effects between the dark playfield and when the flashers go off.

Yep. Scott confirmed before that the can be bought separate. Do not need both these and pinstadium.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Yeah chuckwurt did finally explain it pretty well.

He did a great job!! We know because in his SDTM tutorial streams he makes understanding rules so easy to grasp and explains them very straight forward.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Scott confirmed before that the can be bought separate. Do not need both these and pinstadium.

Yes that is correct. They can run standalone or in combination with the Pin Stadiums! Your choice...

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This is incredibly cool and exactly what my IMDNLE was missing. IMDN, as we all know, is not heavy on toys. Now, I did not feel like adding any (airplane, more figures, arches etc) at all, I was hoping I could add more lighting effects but so far there were no other options than the scoop light etc, nothing that "jumps".
Scott's announcement came as a total surprise to me, fantastic!!! Cannot wait to install and melt my face.

I know you and your collection and how you like your games. I cannot wait for you to post up your impression of these!!

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Here are the settings and flasher bulb connections in the app for Iron Maiden in the video:

—————
#1 Left “Revive” spinner: Blue 100% Brightness

#2 Sarcophagus Lock: Red 100% Brightness

#3 Left Lightning Bolt: X-Treme White 85% Brightness

#4 Right Lightning Bolt: Green 95% Brightness
—————

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here are the settings and flasher bulb connections in the app for Iron Maiden in the video:
—————
#1 Left “Revive” spinner: Blue 100% Brightness
#2 Sarcophagus Lock: Red 100% Brightness
#3 Left Lightning Bolt: X-Treme White 85% Brightness
#4 Right Lightning Bolt: Green 95% Brightness
—————

So ... if hypothetically you get #1 and #2 at the same time it's purple?

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So ... if hypothetically you get #1 and #2 at the same time it's purple?

I like how you think!! That was a challenge for me so that colors would not merge and is one of the many reasons that I had to go past the hardware and into software to make Orion's Belt. That would have been the case (the blend of colors) which we do not want as it would have defeated the purpose of individual control settings/brightness of each of the flasher colors. How do I know this? Because it happened during this last year of development on them originally and drove me nuts.

The onboard software programming makes it so that will not happen and each flasher will retain it's original color value and brightness you set and events would be sequenced properly. If not then you would have a messy array of colors just bleeding everywhere like you said.

When the Orion's Belt flashes, each event is very pronounced and very distinct. It's powerful!

Great question you had KingBW !!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.