(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 165.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I like Scott and I like Pin Stadiums, but this is some over-the-top hype right here.
Somebody took too many marketing courses.
Maybe it will translate to bigger sales, but for the rest us, we who are simply curious to know more, the unnecessary concealment is tedious.
Just sayin’.

Couldn't agree more. I have several PinStadiums, with plans to get more. I may even like whatever this belt thing turns out to be, but there is seriously NO CHANCE it could live up to the hype. The slowly opening door and a daily screenshot of the countdown clock? Seriously? There's building hype, and then there's beating it to death. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't mean any offense to Scott (who has proven he's a good and helpful guy), but I've seriously considered draining this entire thread because I can't take another announcement about the announcement.

Quoted from pinstadium:

The first group is going to sell out fast!

Just a suggestion, if you're that sure these are going to sell out almost immediately, there's no need to beat us all over the head with the hype leading up to the release.

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Couldn't agree more. I have several PinStadiums, with plans to get more. I may even like whatever this belt thing turns out to be, but there is seriously NO CHANCE it could live up to the hype. The slowly opening door and a daily screenshot of the countdown clock? Seriously? There's building hype, and then there's beating it to death. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't mean any offense to Scott (who has proven he's a good and helpful guy), but I've seriously considered draining this entire thread because I can't take another announcement about the announcement.

Just a suggestion, if you're that sure these are going to sell out almost immediately, there's no need to beat us all over the head with the hype leading up to the release.

I'm an owner of 5 pairs of pinstadiums and I have to agree about things selling out. I let the hype stuff slide b/c he's marketing his product (although a little over the top but that's his style....) - the selling out thing is too much. I would try to keep that in check. All that said, interested in seeing what this product is as the PS for certain games are a huge improvement IMO.

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I do appreciate your feedback as always and yes I am just having fun with it and by no means have any intentions other than that. The fancy ads and videos are me just doing what I can in Photoshop and video editors (but now I use an great product called Affinity). Been trying to hone my skills in that arena because I enjoy it, but have no career in it by any means.

I do mention that things may sell rather quickly for the fact that there are a lot of kits and customers out there that I feel will really love this complimentary product for them. Many may not know the numbers and how busy it has been (doing 12-15 hour days), so just a small percentage of those ordering will make things go pretty rapidly.
It is a little intimidating, but I am prepared and have learned a lot with production and quality control.

Last year that Pin Stadium pre-order was interesting as there were like 100 of them that sold out in a few short weeks with 0 customers prior and just wishful supporters which was awesome and now we are into the thousands which I never thought would ever have happened. Especially considering the fact that when I made the Pin Stadiums, they had no name and I never had any intention of selling them. It was just a solution I felt I needed for my collection.

It was an unknown product even at it's initial launch and purely based upon trust which everything is in my opinion and it is still that way always. The good news is that I have had customers come over to see Orion's Belt working and in action to see it and they really enjoyed what has been created. Asking when they can get it and asking to get on the list etc. That is always a good feeling.

The Pin Stadium products are developed by the community with their feedback/ideas. Behind the scenes I have been compiling hundreds of requests and comments and discussed this with many about what their vision of the next line of products should be. The way I look at it is I am just putting it all together in a nice package for you all to enjoy. I want to make you all happy. It is still just Scott at Pin Stadium doing his thing (building each one and designing etc) and I hope this explains things better from this end. It's all good and thank you everyone for what you have done.

It has been a ton of work and I am looking forward to hearing what you think when this launches. Nothing has changed other than just getting excited for the new release that has taken all year (and then some) to put together.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2754 5 years ago

A little clarification to MET owners out there. I have posted up some images of where to trigger the flashers from on Sparky.

The image showed two arrows, which means you can connect the Pin Stadium flasher cables to either of those bulbs but not both of them.

There has been an influx of Metallica owners very recently installing these and this questions came up. I figured I would address it here to clarify as I could see what I may have been confusing. Here is a much clearer picture that will help to eliminate any confusion.

Scott

96F8F266-78D7-4E5D-82CE-85C0FD569900 (resized).jpeg96F8F266-78D7-4E5D-82CE-85C0FD569900 (resized).jpegB6906DA4-DF33-4086-81EA-E3221A8DB549 (resized).jpegB6906DA4-DF33-4086-81EA-E3221A8DB549 (resized).jpeg
#2755 5 years ago

So basically either one of those flashers will work as they are synchronous for all of the Sparky events. It does not have to be the left one or the right one, whichever you choose is fine.

#2756 5 years ago

Just added these to my getaway and Dialed In. The latter I was surprised how dark it was in the center and with the UV option, it really looks good. My son noticed it right away and was like look how cool it is when you hit the electric guy. I can't get a pic that makes it look good though - all of them look blown out.

The getaway looks great - not over kill just needed something to get rid of all the dark spots. I would say for these older games, especially ones with simple DMDs they might the better ad on than color DMD! I also play in the dark so it's even a bigger deal for me with these older games that have very poor lighting.

I took this pic - still looks a little blow out in the pic but it looks awesome live.

Question is - where should I hook up the flashers? The flasher on the supercharger goes off a lot - I could do slings....hmmmm
20180917_205823 (resized).jpg20180917_205823 (resized).jpg

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just added these to my getaway and Dialed In. The latter I was surprised how dark it was in the center and with the UV option, it really looks good. My son noticed it right away and was like look how cool it is when you hit the electric guy. I can't get a pic that makes it look good though - all of them look blown out.
The getaway looks great - not over kill just needed something to get rid of all the dark spots. I would say for these older games, especially ones with simple DMDs they might the better ad on than color DMD! I also play in the dark so it's even a bigger deal for me with these older games that have very poor lighting.
I took this pic - still looks a little blow out in the pic but it looks awesome live.
Question is - where should I hook up the flashers? The flasher on the supercharger goes off a lot - I could do slings....hmmmm
[quoted image]

Very nice looking and I think the picture turned out rather well. It’s hard to capture but you did a great job!! I am glad that you had a chance to see them on DI too.

I really appreciate you posting this up as you have really covered a large era from Dialed In to The Getaway, how cool!!

As far as the flasher location I have not personally installed them on that game but maybe you will be able to find one that isn’t gong off as much. A good method of locating flashers is to go on the Settings/Lamps/Flashers menu to see if you can find a better spot to test.

In order to hook up to slingshot coils you would have to put a resistor in-line to drop it down to a safe voltage or it will cook the PS lights. It needs to be between 4v-24v.

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

The red line mania might be cool if you can get to it.

#2759 5 years ago

Is the belt thing something that smoothes out the LED reflection on ramps / plastics?

That’s basically the only thing holding me back from buying pin stadiums. I can’t stand that look, it’s all I can see. It’s a really cool product though.

#2760 5 years ago

Need Orion’s Belt release update, lost track of time.

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Very nice looking and I think the picture turned out rather well. It’s hard to capture but you did a great job!! I am glad that you had a chance to see them on DI too.
I really appreciate you posting this up as you have really covered a large era from Dialed In to The Getaway, how cool!!
As far as the flasher location I have not personally installed them on that game but maybe you will be able to find one that isn’t gong off as much. A good method of locating flashers is to go on the Settings/Lamps/Flashers menu to see if you can find a better spot to test.
In order to hook up to slingshot coils you would have to put a resistor in-line to drop it down to a safe voltage or it will cook the PS lights. It needs to be between 4v-24v.

Thanks I was thinking the flasher light but the slings....

The game really only has a few flashers. Might try them and see what's best.

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks I was thinking the flasher light but the slings....
The game really only has a few flashers. Might try them and see what's best.

Remember you don’t need to hook it to flashers. Can use any bulb.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is the belt thing something that smoothes out the LED reflection on ramps / plastics?
That’s basically the only thing holding me back from buying pin stadiums. I can’t stand that look, it’s all I can see. It’s a really cool product though.

It's in the works as we speak and will be an add-on eventually to the existing Pin Stadiums. You can feel safe to get a set and know that I am working hard on it. Currently testing out with some new advancements in the lighting industry that may very well work.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Need Orion’s Belt release update, lost track of time.

Tomorrow morning on TWIP www.thisweekinpinball.com will be having the full release details, what it is, and they let you know what time ordering starts on the Pin Stadium website also.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember you don’t need to hook it to flashers. Can use any bulb.

Yes any 4v-24v source that is not on a switch matrix.

#2766 5 years ago
lessthan (resized).pnglessthan (resized).png
#2767 5 years ago

Leds at the top of the playfield and the apron area. If u have existing pinstadiums you can add these extra strips to complete the circle (belt) of leds around your playfield.
Scott, have you been able to diffuse the leds in your strips so that the “dot” led effect is no longer an issue?

Ps you make the best mod ever created in a pinball machine, and cant wait to see orion!

#2768 5 years ago

So i ended up hooking up the UV flasher to the super charger flashers. Middle one specifically as that goes off the least of the three. Still feels special. I might end up changing to 1 or 3 position b/c those go off during orbit shots which could be cool but too much....

As for that orion belt suggestion - that sounds like it could be it....

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Leds at the top of the playfield and the apron area. If u have existing pinstadiums you can add these extra strips to complete the circle (belt) of leds around your playfield.
Scott, have you been able to diffuse the leds in your strips so that the “dot” led effect is no longer an issue?
Ps you make the best mod ever created in a pinball machine, and cant wait to see orion!

I love your determination!! If I was in a game show I should surely choose you. . That’s not it but love the guessing.

As far as the diffuser, I am working with on that.

“This was something that was asked earlier actually. This following post and ones after it should help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/55#post-4583751

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So i ended up hooking up the UV flasher to the super charger flashers. Middle one specifically as that goes off the least of the three. Still feels special. I might end up changing to 1 or 3 position b/c those go off during orbit shots which could be cool but too much....
As for that orion belt suggestion - that sounds like it could be it....

Thanks for the update! I watched a few videos of the game and I think that the stand up target’s flasher on the left side of the playfield could be cool too!!

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I've tried to order red flashers for my T2 before and he won't make them unless there are multiple orders. I personally am not a fan of the UV flashers.

I’m not either, but on my T2 the UV flasher looks AWESOME!!

#2772 5 years ago
securityaccess_code2_1500 (resized).pngsecurityaccess_code2_1500 (resized).png
#2773 5 years ago

So it's a nacho chip gumball machine?

#2774 5 years ago

Looks to be additional options of use for the lights. Not exactly sure though.

#2775 5 years ago

I must have missed the description. Watched the entire cartoon yet I still have no idea what is being sold? Is there another video I missed. A picture, how to, or just a simple description without robots of what is for sale. Interested yet confused......

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I must have missed the description. Watched the entire cartoon yet I still have no idea what is being sold? Is there another video I missed. A picture, how to, or just a simple description without robots of what is for sale. Interested yet confused......

The vid could certainly be more descriptive. My take is it replaces flashers with the new app controlled modules. I could be way off though.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The vid could certainly be more descriptive. My take is it replaces flashers with the new app controlled modules. I could be way off though.

Or it could be a robot and astroids that fly around your room while you play? lol I am more confused After the release on everything but the price which will need Way detail but I suspect I missed some key Non spiel-burg marketing description...

#2778 5 years ago

All the hype and nobody even knows what the new thing is. Less hyperbole and more descriptions would have been good.

I guess it's flashers you control the color of through the app, which is what we've been asking for since the beginning. If it's more than that, I missed it too.

#2779 5 years ago

I couldn't find any pictures of the actual hardware being sold. How do these install with pinstadiums or are these a replacement? There's just not enough real detail on what the product is between all the pretty pictures of cartoons.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yeah a lot of special effects in the videos but no information on what the heck it is. In the description is says “invisible discrete mount under existing Pinstadium’s” but I don’t see where it says this is a stand alone product or the Pinstadium lights are required.

Might be a great product but just from the responses above it is a marketing miss.

#2781 5 years ago

So Orion’s Belt doesn’t work on its own it needs the Pinstadium lights already to work? And doesn’t come with the invisishield? That’s $260+150+20

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or it could be a robot and astroids that fly around your room while you play? lol I am more confused After the release on everything but the price which will need Way detail but I suspect I missed some key Non spiel-burg marketing description...

Haha, ya. So now that I think about it, how do the secret buttons work? Some pics of actual hardware would probably go a long way here.

#2783 5 years ago

Hype videos are not easy

#2784 5 years ago

At least there is a description here. https://pinstadium.com/product/orions-belt-new/

#2785 5 years ago

So $210 with the base PinStadium w/ GI on/off option, and another $260 for Orions Belt? Or is this a stand alone thing replacing the former Stadiums? Does the PinStadium no longer need the UV flash option with this? That's a lot of cheddar, a follow up video with less CG robots describing the modes and how it mounts etc... would probably be helpful

#2786 5 years ago

I appreciate Scott's tenacity and drive to hype this thing but what in the world was that video? I have no idea what this thing is. Enough with the marketing hype - please provide information so customers know what's going on. I felt like I'm in a perpetual loop finding out bits and pieces but no product.

#2787 5 years ago

All the hype for different colored flashers...

#2788 5 years ago

Just read this - am I crazy or is this thing $259 by itself? Let's hope that's Orion's belt plus a set of pinstadiums. Otherwise, that would be close to 500 for the set?

#2789 5 years ago

More than happy to clarify and answers questions. Sorry for the delay and I will definitely be able to explain this in more detail for you guys than a video ever can. Honestly it probably deserves a stream and walk-through to get all of the features and functions across but I will do my very best.

It is a completely different set of lights that has a highly advanced Flasher Module which is dedicated to providing unlimited colors of flashers.

So picture Pin Stadium but way more advanced and it’s sole focus is to be a complete dedicated flasher system that compliments the Pin Stadiums results of GI improvement. It mounts stealth just under the Pin Stadium light bar so it's now visible and is very slim/low-profile using the HD Magna-Mounts. It is controlled by the Pin Stadium app, but will show up as a different device. I will post a screenshot of how it would appear and be labeled. So basically for those that wanted even more from the flasher system and more flexibility with colors, this is that and then some.

#2790 5 years ago

It's very simple guys. You have a finite number of Pinstadium lights that can be sold, and you're only gaining $30ish for the flasher upgrade so what can you do? Invent a flasher only system for an additional $260 that's what!

#2791 5 years ago

Less robot video animation or text just a few images of what is for sale and what Needs to be purchased total for this thing (s) to work. That was a marketing mind melt of massive proportion lol.

#2792 5 years ago

The 5 buttons on the Flasher Module allow you to customer each of the 4 different trigger points for the flashers.

Simply tap the "Preview/Programming button" to start the programming and you will be able to dial in the 4 different flasher colors. Once you press that button the Orion's Belt flasher module is ready for you to program the 4 buttons which represent the 4 flasher trigger points you have connected on the machine (just like you would connect Pin Stadium to the back of the bulbs but you have 4 total).

Buttons 1-4 (The 4 flashers triggers)

Once in programming mode you will then open the Pin Stadium app, connect to the Orion's Belt Wifi device then select the colored flasher you want by using the color wheel. You select the color you want "Flasher 1" to be and then adjust the brightness level too. Once you have that done then you will press desired button (1,2,3,4) to that setting. Just like setting a radio station to a preset button. Then you do that for the next 3 buttons, set the color and brightness, and then onto the remaining.

So you have unlimited control of what each of those 4 flasher colors will be and also how bright they will be too. I hope that helps to explain that portion a little bit better. I will of course be continually posting up more details and pics too.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Less robot video animation or text just a few images of what is for sale and what Needs to be purchased total for this thing (s) to work. That was a marketing mind melt of massive proportion lol.

Haha! Yes, I am doing my very best to make sure that it is all covered and explained, past the videos which highlight the features.

#2794 5 years ago

Scott - can you confirm pricing on this?

Is the belt (flashers) 259 and the Pinstadium lights (249, etc) = 500 or so?

Or is the orion belt price INCLUSIVE of the pinstadium lights too?

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Haha! Yes, I am doing my very best to make sure that it is all covered and explained, past the videos which highlight the features.

Appreciated though you are still describing something that is common knowledge to you yet we still have no clue. Explaining what buttons do is jumping way ahead as we still don't know What buttons your talking about?? Are they in the coin door, under the machine, invisible, or other. Best to start with what it IS then go to how to use it and set it up. (Pictures, actual price as Delt31 has requested) would really help us basic pin guys understand what your selling. I look forward to the 101 sales pitch. Thanks.

#2796 5 years ago

The Pin Stadium are as they have always been, they do the GI and have the UV+Glow flasher option. They are a standalone system and nothing has changed with those, they are the same quality and performance as they always have been, pricing etc.

Where the Pin Stadiums left off was in the flasher category and that is where Orion's Belt picks up from. Orion's Belt mounts just under the Pin Stadiums using the HD Magna-Mounts and it is composed of two light bars that have the Phantom ribbon cables coming from them that then leads into a flasher module. That Flasher Module's sole purpose is to provide flasher capabilities for your machine. Onboard the Flasher Module is where the 5 buttons are located for the additionally programming capability.

1 of those buttons is pressed to initiate programming, then the other 4 are for the flasher triggers which are the wires you connect to the flasher bulbs on the machine. Orion's light bars are much more slimline and low profile and since they mount under the Pin Stadiums light bars (same length) you do not see them whatsoever from the player's perspective. The Invisi-Shield is custom molded into the light bar and blocks visibility from the side view so that none of the lighting comes out of the machine and into your eyes if you were to see the pinball machine from a distance with them installed. On the light bar is a set up highly re-engineered RGB and also White LED lights that are side firing across the playfield, which gives you full coverage flasher lighting.

You connect them and install them just like you do the Pin Stadiums, but instead of using 2 cables to hook up to the bulbs you have 4 of them. So the install is the same and very easy, then you connect to them Wifi signal from Orion's Belt then add it to your Wifi network. I hope this helps to explain it much better.

Scott

#2797 5 years ago

I will be posting up pictures to show this better and also show you the comparison in size of the Pin Stadium GI Module to the Orion's Belt Flasher Module. It is the same with but a little longer as it is a lot more involved. There was a slot of onboard software programming to do this time and I did make it so that the firmware can be updated too as enhancements/updates come along to improve it!!! Don't worry I released it with 1.0 code (literally) absolutely complete, but I like to tinker and add more things as customers make suggestions and I dream so there is much room for even more expand-ability.

#2798 5 years ago

Wait, so $280 for the Pinstadium with Invisisshield and UV Glow, and another $260 for the special new flasher? $540 plus shipping? I love your product, but you must be out of your damned mind....

#2799 5 years ago

+1 to less hype and flash and more substance.

So this is a 260 dollar standalone?

Looking forward to whatever you’re doing to solve the light reflection problem with the base product.

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, so $280 for the Pinstadium with Invisisshield and UV Glow, and another $260 for the special new flasher? $540 plus shipping? I love your product, but you must be out of your damned mind....

That is my understanding. It doesn't look like he wants to address it directly so please correct me if that's wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 9.95
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.