(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,226 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,226 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 165.
#2551 5 years ago

From the looks of it for those are have been buying the Pin Stadiums for Deadpool, it looks like the Chimi-Chang’s deliver van is a great place to start when hooking up the UV+Glow flasher option.

6CCDC3B2-3682-4FC9-BFAA-041B610BDABA (resized).jpeg6CCDC3B2-3682-4FC9-BFAA-041B610BDABA (resized).jpeg

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Chimi-Chang’s delivery van is a great place to start when hiking up.

Just how tall is the delivery van that people will have to hike up to it?

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just how tall is the delivery van that people will have to hike up to it?

At least I know somebody is reading my post

#2554 5 years ago

Shout out to Scott @pinstadium! I purchased a unit about a month ago and couldn't get it to work right. He emailed me a few times, and it seemed like luck, but it started to work. It made my Dialed In from ordinary to extraordinary.

Then, a month later, the same problems arose. He called me on the phone (I didn't call him, he called ME) and through pictures and trial & error, turned out that I had a fluky set, the first one in 2000+ units. I'm honored, lol.

Anyway, he sent me a new kit and in 2 days I received it. I installed it in less than 4 minutes, and it works PERFECTLY! I love it. Take a look at the differences below. Scott is 100% dedicated to his business, and he will do anything to help a customer. Great guy, great product!

IMG_1792 (resized).jpgIMG_1792 (resized).jpgIMG_1793 (resized).jpgIMG_1793 (resized).jpg
#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Shout out to Scott pinstadium! I purchased a unit about a month ago and couldn't get it to work right. He emailed me a few times, and it seemed like luck, but it started to work. It made my Dialed In from ordinary to extraordinary.
Then, a month later, the same problems arose. He called me on the phone (I didn't call him, he called ME) and through pictures and trial & error, turned out that I had a fluky set, the first one in 2000+ units. I'm honored, lol.
Anyway, he sent me a new kit and in 2 days I received it. I installed it in less than 4 minutes, and it works PERFECTLY! I love it. Take a look at the differences below. Scott is 100% dedicated to his business, and he will do anything to help a customer. Great guy, great product!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey I am really glad to have been able to help you and it's very rare that there is any issue. But when there is, man it drives me nuts to know that someone is not getting the full experience of the Pin Stadiums. I appreciate the high rating and feedback on customer service, even better YOU posted and I didn't even have to ask That speaks volumes about you and it's always good for me to know that I am doing a decent job keeping you all happy. Thanks for posting the pics, they are hard to capture but I am sure it looks killer in person.

#2556 5 years ago

Shout out to Scott pinstadium! I purchased a unit about a month ago and couldn't get it to work right. He emailed me a few times, and it seemed like luck, but it started to work. It made my Dialed In from ordinary to extraordinary.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to hear what you think when the UV+Glow goes off when you hit the QED guy. It’s crazy cool.

#2557 5 years ago

Man I just have to thank Straight Down the Middle: A Pinball Show ZMeny Hollywoodbone for your awesome shows, hilarious content, and honest reviews. You guys make this pinball industry a blast!. Thanks!!! Check them out: https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/

Do you all find them as entertaining as I do?

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

keep_em_coming (resized).pngkeep_em_coming (resized).png

#2558 5 years ago

Just installed a set on my DI and all I can say is wow!

I originally did not think DI needed them as it is really well lit out of the box, but my game room has no ambient lighting and the center of the playfield in front of the theater seemed kind of dark to me when I was playing in the evenings. After installing the kit I think it is now perfect as the artwork really pops and the UV+Glow effect when you hit the QED guy is super cool.

I think the picture below captures the difference pretty well, but as usual, it looks even better in person.

Thanks Scott!

DI (resized).jpgDI (resized).jpg
#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just installed a set on my DI and all I can say is wow!
I originally did not think DI needed them as it is really well lit out of the box, but my game room has no ambient lighting and the center of the playfield in front of the theater seemed kind of dark to me when I was playing in the evenings. After installing the kit I think it is now perfect as the artwork really pops and the UV+Glow effect when you hit the QED guy is super cool.
I think the picture below captures the difference pretty well, but as usual, it looks even better in person.
Thanks Scott!
[quoted image]

You know I felt the same way about Dialed In last year. I saw it and played it and it’s one of the brighter factory machines, however I put my Whitewater with the Pin Stadiums next to it after I picked up a DI and it was literally night and day.

So I installed the kit to see what it would do to take care of the dark spots. It was crazy how much it brought it alive.

I’m glad that you got to experience this in person. The QED UV+Glow connection seemed very appropriate too. That’s such a fun part just hitting him to see the playfield ignite.

Thanks for posting this up and I really appreciate the feedback and pics on this. Turning off the Pin Stadiums in DILE really shows how dark it was. Yikes!!!

#2560 5 years ago

Several have asked to see BM66 with the Pin Stadiums. The results are incredible on this game, as the artwork really comes alive like no other. I will be regularly posting up a collection of videos for different machines in action with the Pin Stadiums from our Youtube channel:

#2561 5 years ago

As this thread is 50 pages in call me lazy... Is there or has anyone come up with a method of installing the magnet strip without using the adhesive? Have an LE DP on order but can't get past glueing the magnetic strips to the factory side art blades. Curious what others have done or come up with.

All thumbs up for #SDTM no questions. Great guys and a show that takes pinball serious but not To serious. Wish them many long years of success!

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there or has anyone come up with a method of installing the magnet strip without using the adhesive?

Staples or nails.

Maybe below the side art before putting the side art on ?

LTG : )

#2563 5 years ago

You can always recess the magnetic strip (or other magnets of your liking if they work with the light rails) into the side of the cabinet. Route out a channel/dado into the inside wall of the cabinet where the strips would normally go, just deep enough so that the magnetic strip inlay's flush with the rest of the cab. Apply your side art and enjoy the invisibility. I do this all the time in crown molding and other various places to hold LED strips.

#2564 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Staples or nails.
Maybe below the side art before putting the side art on ?
LTG : )

The LE machines come with factory side art installed. And No I'm not going to hammer roofing nails through it! lol

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The LE machines come with factory side art installed.

I put Silly Old Elf's beautiful side art panels on my restored MB and still put Pinstadiums over them, because MB deserved both.

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As this thread is 50 pages in call me lazy... Is there or has anyone come up with a method of installing the magnet strip without using the adhesive? Have an LE DP on order but can't get past glueing the magnetic strips to the factory side art blades. Curious what others have done or come up with.
All thumbs up for #SDTM no questions. Great guys and a show that takes pinball serious but not To serious. Wish them many long years of success!

When I put them on my machines with art and or mirror blade combos and go to take them off it does not tear them if you are careful. I pull from one end (flipper end) and lift them towards the center of the machine keeping the Magna-Mount tight the whole time. The key it to pull out towards the center of the playfield (not towards you) and it works like a champ. That is without any heat, if you use a hair dryer it will come off like butter even better. I hope it helps to make you feel better about it as I have done it on over 50 or more machines successfully.

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

When I put them on my machines with art and or mirror blade combos and go to take them off it does not tear them if you are careful. I pull from one end (flipper end) and lift them towards the center of the machine keeping the Magna-Mount tight the whole time. The key it to pull out towards the center of the playfield (not towards you) and it works like a champ. That is without any heat, if you use a hair dryer it will come off like butter even better. I hope it helps to make you feel better about it as I have done it on over 50 or more machines successfully.

Thanks Scott thats all I was looking for. I assumed some assist with cold spray or other but just tough to devalue the LE only available art should I ever decide to transfer them. Hard to describe but I was thinking if I put slits on 1" increments on the adhesive (magnet) paper backing and removed every other or third it would stick but not as much... Or possibly only use an 1/8" of the adhesive area strip and leave paper on the rest. Guess we'll see just wanted to see what others have done. Like Batman 66 I think the comic colors of Deadpool will explode with Pinstadium lights!

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks Scott thats all I was looking for. I assumed some assist with cold spray or other but just tough to devalue the LE only available art should I ever decide to transfer them. Hard to describe but I was thinking if I put slits on 1" increments on the adhesive (magnet) paper backing and removed every other or third it would stick but not as much... Or possibly only use an 1/8" of the adhesive area strip and leave paper on the rest. Guess we'll see just wanted to see what others have done. Like Batman 66 I think the comic colors of Deadpool will explode with Pinstadium lights!

You will need all that holding power for the Magna-Mounts. I wouldn’t modify it. You were always the rebel haha!!!

You will be fine as I’m going to do the same on Deadpool LE when I get it. Also be on the watch out for a killer stream like Iron Maiden.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you wanted to get "saucy" you could probably make (maybe buy?) some brackets that are very thin that could slide under the glass track that you could put the magnetic strip on or in some way attach to the pin stadium but would not permanently attach/damage your side-art blades. There are some very thin 16 gauge (.063") aluminum angle that might fit the bill with a little work.

Example:
ebay.com link: Aluminum Angle Black Anodized 16 Gauge 0 063 36 x 1 2 x 1 2

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

If you wanted to get "saucy" you could probably make (maybe buy?) some brackets that are very thin that could slide under the glass track that you could put the magnetic strip on or in some way attach to the pin stadium but would not permanently attach/damage your side-art blades. There are some very thin 16 gauge (.063") aluminum angle that might fit the bill with a little work.
Example:
ebay.com link » Aluminum Angle Black Anodized 16 Gauge 0 063 36 X 1 2 X 1 2

That funny you say that, as I have made some prototype floating systems in some experimental stages during development of the Pin Stadiums. The dimensions with the machines varies enough to make it very challenging and a little clunky for now, so clearance has been an issue. Metal will scrape the glass, and if the light bars fall then the playfield gets damaged (ask me how I know?, haha). I have had to play with it since it doesn't work on all machines across the board and there is a point where the lights fall or sag too. But I like how you think, and if/when I perfect that I will make it adaptable to all of the Pin Stadiums kits out there as an add-on but it needs some more work. However this is how the Magna-Mounts came about as the all around reliable solution.

Just leave it up to Yelobird to stir up the ideas Thanks Lamprey for chiming in also with your ideas, I love this kind of stuff.

#2571 5 years ago

Today come see Pin Stadiums and Steve Ritchie!! We will be at Tilt Amusements with special guest Steve Richie for a Stern event. There will be several machines on display with Pin Stadiums on them and I will have some with me on hand if you would like to pick up a set. We are helping to sponsor the event and do a giveaway too! Attached are the details....

businesscardinner (resized).pngbusinesscardinner (resized).png
#2572 5 years ago

If you’re thinking about stopping by to the event it should be well worth it. Hope to see you all there!!!

#2573 5 years ago

An update on things. The event at Tilt Amusements www.tiltamusements.com was awesome and tons of people were there to play in the competition. Also many came just to see Steve Ritchie too!! He’s a great guy and a such a character.

Well done Trent and all of this who helped to prepare for the event. The place was packed and parking was maxed.

Also congrats to Trent for taking the win and won the grand prize Pin Stadium set that the as donated to help sponsors the event.

What’s ironic about this is that Trent is the reason the Pin Stadiums are out in the wild. He saw them at my house during an event and convinced me to take the to the Ohio show to put in his Aerosmith LE. The rest is history!!! Thanks Trent and congratulations on the win.

If anyone is looking to deal with someone professional and has great deals on used and new Sterns, he is your man! (New Deadpools) He has tons of other machines also to choose from. I get my games from him for good reason.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

0DC8F30D-31FE-4201-8CF6-C0AAE8AF8C4A (resized).jpeg0DC8F30D-31FE-4201-8CF6-C0AAE8AF8C4A (resized).jpeg7B3EA02B-AD51-4CB7-AB57-C8CB8BF0AA6D (resized).jpeg7B3EA02B-AD51-4CB7-AB57-C8CB8BF0AA6D (resized).jpeg7F5BDFEA-8604-48CF-9A08-507F3565426E (resized).jpeg7F5BDFEA-8604-48CF-9A08-507F3565426E (resized).jpegE350BBB5-C2CB-4C84-AAFF-244055E91F27 (resized).jpegE350BBB5-C2CB-4C84-AAFF-244055E91F27 (resized).jpeg
#2574 5 years ago

Were is the best place to connect pinstadium flashers on a Lotr. Right now I have it on the ring flasher in the center of the PF.

#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Were is the best place to connect pinstadium flashers on a Lotr. Right now I have it on the ring flasher in the center of the PF.

Gabe I just added these to Houdini and ordered for MMr. I like them.

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Glad to help. The best place to trigger the flashers on LOTR is from Balrog. It come on when he comes out, and create and eerie pulsating/glow effect that rocks!!

Trace the flasher inside of him down to the connector and black and orange wire is where you want to tap. Simply use the wire taps like this pic. You just pull the connector part bend the wire tap and put them in the hole (female side) and then close it back up on it. Another way is just to use the wire taps and insert behind the wire too, both work but pressure fitting them in between is even more secure.

The pics is from IMDN but it will show you the idea of how to do it with the wire taps.

88D4EBEF-9D54-4F85-B4EC-ED26D3ED33F7 (resized).jpeg88D4EBEF-9D54-4F85-B4EC-ED26D3ED33F7 (resized).jpeg
#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Gabe I just added these to Houdini and ordered for MMr. I like them.

Yes you placed an order really quick after seeing them in your Houdini. You weren't kidding Thank you so much for your order!

#2578 5 years ago

Originally on the Iron Maiden Pro in this video I was triggering the UV+Glow flasher option from the back right flasher. However later I found the Pharaoh’s target flasher to be way better for dramatic effects.

#2579 5 years ago

Any update on Orion’s Belt??

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Any update on Orion’s Belt??

It's coming along nicely and we are on pace for launch by the end of Summer! In fact it is better than I had intended and will work tightly with your existing Pin Stadium and take it to the next level! Thanks for asking

#2581 5 years ago

Here is the video with the Pin Stadiums and UV+Glow feature installed on GOTLE #game-of-thrones-le . The flasher is triggered from the back right flasher on the backboard for some extraordinary results throughout the gameplay, especially at the start of Blackwater multiball is out of this world!!

#2582 5 years ago

Lord of the Rings (LOTR) with the Pin Stadiums and specifically the UV+Glow triggered by the Balrog flasher:

#2583 5 years ago

Scott I received my pinstadium lights lastnight and wow they are great. We’ve talked a few times on the best way to trigger the flasher and I’m thinkn about how to tie the into the pops and slings on my blackhole light my pinbot is. Any ideas?

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Groover88:

Scott I received my pinstadium lights lastnight and wow they are great. We’ve talked a few times on the best way to trigger the flasher and I’m thinkn about how to tie the into the pops and slings on my blackhole light my pinbot is. Any ideas?

I received your email and will post up here to help others. The Pin Stadiums can be safely triggered by any 4v-24v source. In the case of the slings or pops that are higher voltages than that you can use some resistors to drop it down to that range and then diodes to make this work.

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from Groover88:

Looking forward to seeing some Before and After pics of Blackhole here!!

#2586 5 years ago

This video covers Iron Man (IMVE) with the Pin Stadiums installed. Trigger point for the UV+Glow are the drone targets (right ramp flasher). It’s quite impressive and really ignites the playfield when you hit them.

#2587 5 years ago

Going into Hyperspeed is an understatement after installing these on Star Wars #star-wars-stern-le . Even Dwight Sullivan himself ordered a set of thesefor his SWLE after seeing them on a customers machine!!

#2588 5 years ago

Do you want to really rock out your AC/DC Premium or Pro? This is it!!

#2589 5 years ago

I also just updated the installation portion of the Pin Stadium website for the Chicago Games my AFMR machine since the install is a little different.

https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions/

4789B6EF-C8DD-4E51-BF7A-CA9F6F2E7C07 (resized).jpeg4789B6EF-C8DD-4E51-BF7A-CA9F6F2E7C07 (resized).jpegD9BA047C-FC00-4EBA-AC60-188172878373 (resized).jpegD9BA047C-FC00-4EBA-AC60-188172878373 (resized).jpeg
#2590 5 years ago

I am using a new method on the AFMR connector where you pressure fit the wire taps in between the two connectors on the GI. It is much more secure and so much easier.

#2591 5 years ago

I needed to post a review of these lights.

I have The Simpson’s Pinball Party that I purchased NIB in 2010. I recently had it updated with LED lights, headphone jack, and Stern Invisiglass by my local pinball store (Little Shop of Games). Big improvements on a great game. It looks better than new.

I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. Installation of TSPP was extremely easy. I was a little timid at first (I hadn’t ever lifted the playfield prior to this install). I followed the instructions on the pinstadium.com website. I connected the flasher clips to the nuclear reactor bumper lights per recommendations in this forum thread. Connection to the app was simple. (Install time:20 min)

Result: Insanely good! The lights make the playfield pop and make the playing experience better. I didn’t realize how dark the playfield was (even with the recent LED and the new glass). So much better.

Wow wow wow. Pictures do not do it justice. If you are on the fence about buying these - buy them. You will not be disappointed.

(Coming soon: experience with adding Pinstadium to AFMLE)

17A29523-83D0-4D05-8A3D-49650D1FD0FE (resized).jpeg17A29523-83D0-4D05-8A3D-49650D1FD0FE (resized).jpeg2B19C8B7-46A5-48A1-95BE-B7806864AB9C (resized).jpeg2B19C8B7-46A5-48A1-95BE-B7806864AB9C (resized).jpeg8388363D-A4C5-4938-B428-470B95842AB7 (resized).jpeg8388363D-A4C5-4938-B428-470B95842AB7 (resized).jpeg
#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I needed to post a review of these lights.
I have The Simpson’s Pinball Party that I purchased NIB in 2010. I recently had it updated with LED lights, headphone jack, and Stern Invisiglass by my local pinball store (Little Shop of Games). Big improvements on a great game. It looks better than new.
I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. Installation of TSPP was extremely easy. I was a little timid at first (I hadn’t ever lifted the playfield prior to this install). I followed the instructions on the pinstadium.com website. I connected the flasher clips to the nuclear reactor bumper lights per recommendations in this forum thread. Connection to the app was simple. (Install time:20 min)
Result: Insanely good! The lights make the playfield pop and make the playing experience better. I didn’t realize how dark the playfield was (even with the recent LED and the new glass). So much better.
Wow wow wow. Pictures do not do it justice. If you are on the fence about buying these - buy them. You will not be disappointed.
(Coming soon: experience with adding Pinstadium to AFMLE)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this up and doing an in-depth review on them!! It’s post like these that really help out others who have yet to try the Pin Stadiums. I am glad you took the plunge and now you can never look back !

I love the multiple pics of TSPP (really displays the capability and results well). and also the reinforcement of the ideas others have had to trigger the UV+Glow flashers from that location.

I really appreciate the time you took out of your busy weekend to post this and your support for Pin Stadium product line.

Looking forward to hearing your impression of AFMR and seeing some pic!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2593 5 years ago

I played Metallica at the BPSO18.... and wow did it look AMAZING with pinstadium. When I got up to the machine I kept doing double-takes trying to figure out why it looked so good, and then I saw the pinstadium on the sides. The colors popped so hard.

I'm going back there today. I'll get a picture of it. Truly awesome looking.

#2594 5 years ago

I played Metallica at the BPSO18.... and wow did it look AMAZING with pinstadium. When I got up to the machine I kept doing double-takes trying to figure out why it looked so good, and then I saw the pinstadium on the sides. The colors popped so hard.
I'm going back there today. I'll get a picture of it. Truly awesome looking.

Sweet I am glad that you got to see them up there on MET. Looking forward to the pics!!

#2595 5 years ago

I purchased NIB Attack from Mars-LE and added Invisiglass. I am absolutely loving this pin. This is my second experience with Pinstadium lights (see TSPP).

I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. My installation was not as easy for AFMLE. I, however, learned something maybe even more impressive than the Pinstadium lights... the service that Scott from Pinstadium provides.

Chicago Gaming Co wiring on the AFMr series is much more complicated than the older Stern game. The pinstadium.com installation instructions did not give a novice like me enough information to install. I mined this forum thread and found some recommendations of where to place the flasher (Saucer Dome). The wire junction had many colors and the “test “ menu said the light cables are: “BLU-VIO RED-WHT”, but there is no white wire in the junction. I stuck the accessory connectors to the BLUe and the VIOlet holes (wrong) and the GI clips to GI wires (poorly). Connection to the app was easy.

Result: bright blue UV light with no control of brightness on the app. Looks good, but I know from my Simpson’s Pinball Party what it is supposed to look like.

I emailed Pinstadium and had a response in less than ONE MINUTE! On a Saturday afternoon. (What?!?) A few emails back and forth with Scott. I could not figure it out. Scott calls me on my cell phone. While on speakerphone he talked me through correct steps.

Mistake: Flasher pin connected to BLU and VIO wire to keep UV on constantly.
Solution: Flasher pin connector should be stuck in VIOlet and YELLOW.

Mistake: GI clips not connecting to GI wire well - did not connect, so no app control of the brightness/color.
Solution: Remove (unscrew) GI light from under playfield and pull out Bulb. Stick bent GI connector pins into holes and replace bulb in same holes. Very secure.

It worked. Scott immediately updated the Pinstadium website to include these instructions in detail. The reason I knew he did it immediately is because he texted me. All of this within 20 minutes of my first email..on a Saturday (What?!?)
Incredible service.

Result: WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
This game needs Pinstadium lights. The middle of the playfield was very dark and now looks brilliant. I had been told that the lights might be “too much” with the mirror blades...NOPE, it is a great combination.

The UV blast corresponding with the saucer dome is AWESOME. Hitting the saucer shot with the shaker and the Pinstadium UV blast is a big improvement in an already fun experience in a great pinball game. So much fun.

I cannot say enough about the beautiful results and the impressive level of service.

I said it in my last post, but if you are on the fence about buying these...buy them. Worth every penny. If you have an AFM, you need them.

(In the pictures below: the first is without the lights on, the next is with GI on, and the next is what happens when you hit the saucer - note the light in the dome and the UV effect over the whole field)

15733BB3-A221-4DB0-9F8D-56F207E90840 (resized).jpeg15733BB3-A221-4DB0-9F8D-56F207E90840 (resized).jpeg2F8A94C3-961A-43D3-87D8-C7569ADBD654 (resized).jpeg2F8A94C3-961A-43D3-87D8-C7569ADBD654 (resized).jpegA4108889-5D3A-4CF9-8989-B0B62818E63E (resized).jpegA4108889-5D3A-4CF9-8989-B0B62818E63E (resized).jpeg
#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I purchased NIB Attack from Mars-LE and added Invisiglass. I am absolutely loving this pin. This is my second experience with Pinstadium lights (see TSPP).
I added Pinstadium lights with the GI/UV connectors and shields. My installation was not as easy for AFMLE. I, however, learned something maybe even more impressive than the Pinstadium lights... the service that Scott from Pinstadium provides.
Chicago Gaming Co wiring on the AFMr series is much more complicated than the older Stern game. The pinstadium.com installation instructions did not give a novice like me enough information to install. I mined this forum thread and found some recommendations of where to place the flasher (Saucer Dome). The wire junction had many colors and the “test “ menu said the light cables are: “BLU-VIO RED-WHT”, but there is no white wire in the junction. I stuck the accessory connectors to the BLUe and the VIOlet holes (wrong) and the GI clips to GI wires (poorly). Connection to the app was easy.
Result: bright blue UV light with no control of brightness on the app. Looks good, but I know from my Simpson’s Pinball Party what it is supposed to look like.
I emailed Pinstadium and had a response in less than ONE MINUTE! On a Saturday afternoon. (What?!?) A few emails back and forth with Scott. I could not figure it out. Scott calls me on my cell phone. While on speakerphone he talked me through correct steps.
Mistake: Flasher pin connected to BLU and VIO wire to keep UV on constantly.
Solution: Flasher pin connector should be stuck in VIOlet and YELLOW.
Mistake: GI clips not connecting to GI wire well - did not connect, so no app control of the brightness/color.
Solution: Remove (unscrew) GI light from under playfield and pull out Bulb. Stick bent GI connector pins into holes and replace bulb in same holes. Very secure.
It worked. Scott immediately updated the Pinstadium website to include these instructions in detail. The reason I knew he did it immediately is because he texted me. All of this within 20 minutes of my first email..on a Saturday (What?!?)
Incredible service.
Result: WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
This game needs Pinstadium lights. The middle of the playfield was very dark and now looks brilliant. I had been told that the lights might be “too much” with the mirror blades...NOPE, it is a great combination.
The UV blast corresponding with the saucer dome is AWESOME. Hitting the saucer shot with the shaker and the Pinstadium UV blast is a big improvement in an already fun experience in a great pinball game. So much fun.
I cannot say enough about the beautiful results and the impressive level of service.
I said it in my last post, but if you are on the fence about buying these...buy them. Worth every penny. If you have an AFM, you need them.
(In the pictures below: the first is without the lights on, the next is with GI on, and the next is what happens when you hit the saucer - note the light in the dome and the UV effect over the whole field)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the great words and compliments! Weekend is install time so I was glad I was able to get you going. Plus it helped me out by putting together detailed install instruction for AFMR. It is a little different from the others for sure. Not hard to do but instruction is needed to connect to the new style GI they use.

You also did a great job capturing the results on your phone especially the UV+Glow as that is very hard to get on film. Thanks again for sharing!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#2597 5 years ago

Congratulations to Adam Becker for taking the win at the Buffalo Summer Open 2018. The stream went awesome thanks to Buffalo Pinball and the PAPA Crew. Adam captured first place and won a fully featured set of Pin Stadiums with UV+Glow and Invisi-Shields! We were honored to be able to sponsor the event and to provide the lighting for the games in the final round. If you missed it check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PAPApinball/

PAPA will be posting the archive up shortly!

KevInBuffalo

--

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

getyourkit (resized).pnggetyourkit (resized).png
#2598 5 years ago

Looking good on TSPP!
The darker playfield pic is with the pinstadium lights completely off.

36C59B6D-2BF9-4DFE-A4D4-1315535E7341 (resized).jpeg36C59B6D-2BF9-4DFE-A4D4-1315535E7341 (resized).jpeg60EF27F6-0D96-436F-901D-061E090512AE (resized).jpeg60EF27F6-0D96-436F-901D-061E090512AE (resized).jpeg92DC19D9-1311-46A6-8B39-6F28E2FD23C6 (resized).jpeg92DC19D9-1311-46A6-8B39-6F28E2FD23C6 (resized).jpeg
#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Looking good on TSPP!
The darker playfield pic is with the pinstadium lights completely off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey looking REALLY good and you’ve got to love those Titan Rubbers!!! Thank you for your major support this year. Much appreciated!

#2600 5 years ago

Since we're talking tspp, I'm still after a year so impressed by what these lights do for my pin. It's a solid tie with the color dmd. Period. Comma. Period...

20180820_220523 (resized).jpg20180820_220523 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,226 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.