(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,198 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-the-simpsons-party-pinball-mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png

There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.
#1951 5 years ago

Here is a post of the flexibility of them on Kiss that some may not have seen (0-100% brightness capability with the Pin Stadium app)

510EF0C7-3BCE-4315-83C2-928023DEAE57 (resized).jpeg510EF0C7-3BCE-4315-83C2-928023DEAE57 (resized).jpeg

#1952 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Next weekend at YegPin, Tommy from Nitro Pinball will have many Pin Stadiums for sale (GI Module with UV+Glow) in stock at the show for immediate purchase.

Do you know if Tommy FlipperFreak from Nitro Pinball will be doing the same at the Pacific NW show in June?

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Do you know if Tommy flipperfreak from Nitro Pinball will be doing the same at the Pacific NW show in June?

Yes he will have them at Pacific NW show also too I believe!

#1954 5 years ago

Coming soon will be Iron Maiden LE with the Pin Stadium lights in action with full video coverage. Stay Tuned......

ironmaidenLE (resized).pngironmaidenLE (resized).png

#1955 5 years ago

It looks like the flasher trigger on the Iron Maiden LE is likely best on the center flasher bullseye target versus where it was on the Pro since that location on the LE/Premium has a highly active beacon. I will play with a few other locations also but either way I will let you all know which one would be recommended.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It looks like the flasher trigger on the Iron Maiden LE is likely best on the center flasher bullseye target versus where it was on the Pro since that location on the LE/Premium has a highly active beacon. I will play with a few other locations also but either way O will let you all know which one would be recommended.

You got it?!? Nice!

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You got it?!? Nice!

Not yet, I am just watching the video footage to prepare. Won't be long though.

#1958 5 years ago

A happy customer shared this NBA Fastbreak pics with me. I thought you all might appreciate these. It’s the first I have seen pictures of with Pin Stadiums.

1C5BA3DD-E51F-48C9-8779-684E1CA78CA4 (resized).jpeg1C5BA3DD-E51F-48C9-8779-684E1CA78CA4 (resized).jpeg

#1959 5 years ago

Anyone installed these in a Gottlieb? I think these would look awesome in a Stargate with the UV on. My playfield pops big on the color LEDs I put but the GI is still dark on that machine. Would love to add some pop on and contrast on it.

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone installed these in a Gottlieb? I think these would look awesome in a Stargate with the UV on. My playfield pops big on the color LEDs I put but the GI is still dark on that machine. Would love to add some pop on and contrast on it.

Yes many sets sold for this machine and ZEN installed them on his Gottlieb Stargate. He posted up 3 different settings of his color settings with the Pin Stadium app. I don’t see any “Before” pics but I’m sure you know what that looks like

Here is the link to his post and I consolidated his pictures for you below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/24#post-4124691

I hope this helps!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

715A2545-38F4-49C8-9482-E9AE55C6DB07 (resized).jpeg715A2545-38F4-49C8-9482-E9AE55C6DB07 (resized).jpeg

#1961 5 years ago

Scott,

I know they are really expensive and don't give the "purple pop" that seems so popular, but have you looked at LED UV strips in the less visible spectrum like 365nm?

If I had a playfield with UV reactive ink, I'd probably try some but, currently, I don't, so I haven't..

Just curious...

#1962 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Scott,
I know they are really expensive and don't give the "purple pop" that seems so popular, but have you looked at LED UV strips in the less visible spectrum like 365nm?
If I had a playfield with UV reactive ink, I'd probably try some but, currently, I don't, so I haven't..
Just curious...

Great question. When designing these I did do testing with them and what happens with those is that they only show results in very low light situations and since the pinball machines struggle with GI lighting it made for no visible results when combined with the Pin Stadiums GI lighting. So the UV+Glow was termed this as they were designed to give a simulated and amplified version to compliment the enhanced brighter playfield from the Pin Stadiums GI.

#1963 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I will eventually be putting them on my Waterworld when I do a playfield swap. Who knows when that will be but I figure with the blues and oranges in the playfield, it should pop.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I will eventually be putting them on my Waterworld when I do a playfield swap. Who knows when that will be but I figure with the blues and oranges in the playfield, it should pop.

That would be really cool to see in that game and would be a first. Looking forward to it!

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I took a better look at the playfield on Waterworld, you see right that artwork will come alive for sure.

#1966 5 years ago

Eventually my Stargate will get that treatment too. It desperately needs light!!

#1967 5 years ago

I have a set of Pinstadiums coming in for my RRWOZ. Will I love it?

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Probably the best game I added them to. WOZ Really needs the lighting assist and it Really lets you see how beautiful the art is on that machine. Hands down my favorite game for added lighting.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Every time I see a WOZ on location I just think “this needs pinstadium so bad”

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Eventually my Stargate will get that treatment too. It desperately needs light!!

I forgot that you said you had a Stargate Stargate in your collection. Nice TheCapn !

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WOZ was one of the first games that motivated me to create the Pin Stadiums. I promise you will be a very happy camper.

#1972 5 years ago

Just a heads up for the moment the Pin Stadiums orders are shipping out same day. That may not last long as Pin Stadium is sponsor 2 events this weekend, VFW and YEGPin.

Just letting you all know as production has been ramped up tremendously and if you order today (GI Module and UV+Glow) I can ship out on Monday. It’s a rare moment so take a lid vantage of it if you’re considering getting them for the first time or more. As more orders come in over weekend that may change if you wait to order.

#1973 5 years ago

Here some Before and Afters of Game of Thrones LE for those that wanted to see the results after the Pin Stadium install

6B039E9B-AA38-419B-978F-A5DE05D8118B (resized).jpeg6B039E9B-AA38-419B-978F-A5DE05D8118B (resized).jpeg

FC6C48B2-60B5-4C84-9D0D-7E0927DA259E (resized).jpegFC6C48B2-60B5-4C84-9D0D-7E0927DA259E (resized).jpeg

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

WOZ was one of the first games that motivated me to create the Pin Stadiums. I promise you will be a very happy camper.

Thanks. I can't wait.

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks. I can't wait.

Looking forwards to hearing your impression of them once installed.

#1976 5 years ago

The VFW Show at the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum is this weekend. We are sponsoring the event and donated a fully featured Pin Stadium (GI Module and UV+Glow) for Clay to giveaway as a prize to a lucky winner.

It is an amazing show and this time last year early prototype versions of the Pin Stadiums were on display on Trent’s pinball from Tilt Amusements in his Aerosmith LE and also on The Walking Dead Premium: http://tiltamusements.com/

He is the reason the Pin Stadiums got their launch by letting me put them on his machines to get the word out about what I was working on. If you want to get a good machine at a good price he is your man for sure!

VFW Show:

http://vfwpinball.com/

AB09BCD3-E109-48CF-8EF7-6961F4F0C8A9 (resized).pngAB09BCD3-E109-48CF-8EF7-6961F4F0C8A9 (resized).png

#1977 5 years ago

Today is the last day for YEGPin www.yegpin.com , be sure to go check out Tommy at Nitro Pinball www.nitropinball.com He has Pin Stadiums with the GI Module and UV+Glow in stock today at the show!!!

We also sponsored this event and did a Pin Stadium prize giveaway, who is going to win this??
yegpin FlipperFreak JoshODBrown ZMeny KevInBuffalo

yegpin (resized).pngyegpin (resized).png

#1979 5 years ago

Here is a tip on a good location on The Simpsons Party Pinball (TSPP) to trigger the UV+Glow flasher option. It is the white flasher on the left in the pop bumpers.

56F029AA-D544-4EA0-BA7F-F51D00DBE9F5 (resized).jpeg56F029AA-D544-4EA0-BA7F-F51D00DBE9F5 (resized).jpeg

#1980 5 years ago

Is it possible to switch the wiring so that the UV was hooked up to the GI and was on by default instead? I have a Dr. Dude which is rocking a lot of UV friendly paint. Trying to see what my options are when trying to show that off.

IMG_20180506_072346 (resized).jpgIMG_20180506_072346 (resized).jpg

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Is it possible to switch the wiring so that the UV was hooked up to the GI and was on by default instead? I have a Dr. Dude which is rocking a lot of UV friendly paint. Trying to see what my options are when trying to show that off.

Yes you can do that no problem. Just hook the UV+Glow cables to a GI bulb and you are all set!!

#1982 5 years ago

A few have asked about the Magna-Mounts and whether they are an option or included. They are included automatically with every Pin Stadium going forward as a free upgrade. It is so much thinner and allows for superb clearance on any machine with any type of mirror/art blades etc. It was much more expensive to manufacture these but it is well worth it and something I have always wanted to do. Enjoy!!

magna_mounts_hd (resized).jpgmagna_mounts_hd (resized).jpg

#1983 5 years ago

Also to clarify, the HD Magna-Mounts are made to work only with Pin Stadiums that have them from the factory that way. I have tested the HD Magna-Mounts on the inside of the cabinet with a Pin Stadium that had the original thicker mounts and it does hold but not as strong as if it had them on both sides. This is due to the relative weight reduction by having a thinner profile.

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Today is the last day for YEGPin http://www.yegpin.com , be sure to go check out Tommy at Nitro Pinball http://www.nitropinball.com He has Pin Stadiums with the GI Module and UV+Glow in stock today at the show!!!
We also sponsored this event and did a Pin Stadium prize giveaway, who is going to win this??
yegpin flipperfreak joshodbrown zmeny kevinbuffalo

Funny story, and since I am a 3-hour drive from Edmonton now and Jeff Teolis can't beat me up with his buttery smooth voice... I think it is safe to share.

I was helping out at the Nitro Pinball booth on Sunday and someone asked how the Pin Stadium lights work with the app. The Houdini that Nitro brought to the show had a set installed. I hadn't configured that particular set of lights up in my app before this, but attempted to connect to them via wifi, and I connected to the first generic "LED" named network I saw pop up. I hit the on/off switch in the app a few times... and no response, changed the colors, no change.... disconnected and reconnected on the wifi, on and off repeatedly again a few times... no change on Houdini.... hmmm.

Then it dawned on me that there were a couple other machines at the show with Pin Stadiums! Well, it turned out that I had inadvertently connected to the F-14 Tomcat across the venue that was being used in the A division playoff tournament... OOOPS! I am not certain if anyone was playing the game at that particular moment, as I didn't hear of any fallout from the lights going on and off. Just a good reminder to make sure to secure your Wifi on them when you set them up the first time, especially if you use them in a tournament machine. At least the other game in the tournament (High Speed) had its wifi secured and labeled.

On another note, the guy we were going to demo Houdini to ended up buying 3 sets of Pin Stadiums in the end!!

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Also to clarify, the HD Magna-Mounts are made to work only with Pin Stadiums that have them from the factory that way. I have tested the HD Magna-Mounts on the inside of the cabinet with a Pin Stadium that had the original thicker mounts and it does hold but not as strong as if it had them on both sides. This is due to the relative weight reduction by having a thinner profile.

To clarify your clarification... If we already own PinStadiums with non-HD mount then buying the $10 HD mount on your website won't actually help?

Can you make a complete re-do kit? On my Dialed-In the fit is impossibly tight, like you literally can't open the game without destroying the current mounts.

#1986 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

To clarify your clarification... If we already own PinStadiums with non-HD mount then buying the $10 HD mount on your website won't actually help?
Can you make a complete re-do kit? On my Dialed-In the fit is impossibly tight, like you literally can't open the game without destroying the current mounts.

I’m glad you asked and yes it will work but just won’t have the extra strong grab that you would normally feel. During the testing process I used my DI for this scenario.

#1987 5 years ago

Need some help with the installation of pinstadium in my Tales From The Crypt. I have the leds mounted on the side and everything ready for a power source.

There's just one thing I don't know how to do.

Where do I clip these alligator clips? And can you be specific because I don't know where the flashers/GI are located. Sorry I'm a bit of a novice with this stuff.

Thanks and looking forward to TFTC with a UV glow

IMG_20180507_2114086.jpgIMG_20180507_2114086.jpg

#1988 5 years ago

That's where I purchased my set Pinstadium lights that I'm installing right now

Or trying to install...

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Need some help with the installation of pinstadium in my Tales From The Crypt. I have the leds mounted on the side and everything ready for a power source.
There's just one thing I don't know how to do.
Where do I clip these alligator clips? And can you be specific because I don't know where the flashers/GI are located. Sorry I'm a bit of a novice with this stuff.
Thanks and looking forward to TFTC with a UV glow

If you want to take a picture of the underside of the playfield I can circle the locations of a flasher and GI. The blue and white cable will clip onto the back of any GI bulb and the red and green will go onto the flasher.

For specific locations from someone that owns the game Robertstone0407 has them on his and be even more helpful since has them on his Tales From The Crypt (TFTC).

Looking forward to helping to get you going.

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

If you want to take a picture of the underside of the playfield I can circle the locations of a flasher and GI. The blue and white cable will clip onto the back of any GI bulb and the red and green will go onto the flasher.
For specific locations from someone that owns the game robertstone0407 has them on his and be even more helpful since has them on his Tales From The Crypt (TFTC).
Looking forward to helping to get you going.

Thanks for the reply and subsequent offer for help. Here's a pic of the underside of the playfield.

IMG_20180508_0635119.jpgIMG_20180508_0635119.jpg

IMG_20180508_0635448.jpgIMG_20180508_0635448.jpg

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Funny story, and since I am a 3-hour drive from Edmonton now and Jeff Teolis can't beat me up with his buttery smooth voice... I think it is safe to share.
I was helping out at the Nitro Pinball booth on Sunday and someone asked how the Pin Stadium lights work with the app. The Houdini that Nitro brought to the show had a set installed. I hadn't configured that particular set of lights up in my app before this, but attempted to connect to them via wifi, and I connected to the first generic "LED" named network I saw pop up. I hit the on/off switch in the app a few times... and no response, changed the colors, no change.... disconnected and reconnected on the wifi, on and off repeatedly again a few times... no change on Houdini.... hmmm.
Then it dawned on me that there were a couple other machines at the show with Pin Stadiums! Well, it turned out that I had inadvertently connected to the F-14 Tomcat across the venue that was being used in the A division playoff tournament... OOOPS! I am not certain if anyone was playing the game at that particular moment, as I didn't hear of any fallout from the lights going on and off. Just a good reminder to make sure to secure your Wifi on them when you set them up the first time, especially if you use them in a tournament machine. At least the other game in the tournament (High Speed) had its wifi secured and labeled.
On another note, the guy we were going to demo Houdini to ended up buying 3 sets of Pin Stadiums in the end!!

That's a funny story and I could totally see how that could happen because the Pin Stadiums Wifi Network they generate our of the box is open until you connect to it and secure it with your phone and the Pin Stadium app. You would have really messed with someone especially in the tournament area!

#1992 5 years ago

Close up pics of upper & lower underside of the playfield

IMG_20180508_0635234.jpgIMG_20180508_0635234.jpg

IMG_20180508_0635334.jpgIMG_20180508_0635334.jpg

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Close up pics of upper & lower underside of the playfield

Okay I took a look and this looks to be a good spot for the GI. I will work to locate a flasher. I know Robertstone0407 said he can tell you where he hooked his shortly.

#1994 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay I took a look and this looks to be a good spot for the GI. I will work to locate a flasher. I know robertstone0407 said he can tell you where he hooked his shortly.

Yes, Robertstone0407 was kind enough the reply to my PM and offered to help as well. Thank again.

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes, robertstone0407 was kind enough the reply to my PM and offered to help as well. Thank again.

Where’s the picture where to put the G.I. note I just uploaded these as the first pics were not correct as it looked like a flasher I was pointing too. This is definitely a GI below:

4AD8017C-6052-4BBA-99E0-25CBC2D87E6C (resized).jpeg4AD8017C-6052-4BBA-99E0-25CBC2D87E6C (resized).jpeg

B934F951-1306-4E33-896E-DB85C0E73B79 (resized).jpegB934F951-1306-4E33-896E-DB85C0E73B79 (resized).jpeg

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes, robertstone0407 was kind enough the reply to my PM and offered to help as well. Thank again.

He said the beacon by the Tombstone is the flasher he triggered off. I hope this helps!

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Where’s the picture where to put the G.I. note I just uploaded these as the first pics were not correct as it looked like a flasher I was pointing too. This is definitely a GI below:

OK thanks. Got it for the GI...one clip on each side.

Quoted from pinstadium:

He said the beacon by the Tombstone is the flasher he triggered off. I hope this helps!

I have an idea but I will hold off until he can send me a picture. I don't trust myself, lol.

He said he'd send it sometime tonight. (I don't want to clip the flashers where they shouldn't be hooked up)

Will report back when it's all finalized. Thanks for all the help Scott!

#1998 5 years ago

Okay, yes I don't personally own the game so I would trust him implicitly as he has them installed on Tales from the Crypt TFTC and is a pro with the Pin Stadiums. He has about 10 sets of them on all of his machines. I could tell you a flasher but not the specific one for sure that he will be able to. I played his TFTC with them installed and he definitely chose a great spot for it for sure. Glad to help. Please post back up here your impression of them when you get a moment.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay, yes I don't personally own the game so I would trust him implicitly as he has them installed on Tales from the Crypt TFTC and is a pro with the Pin Stadiums. He has about 10 sets of them on all of his machines. I could tell you a flasher but not the specific one for sure that he will be able to. I played his TFTC with them installed and he definitely chose a great spot for it for sure. Glad to help. Please post back up here your impression of them when you get a moment.

Will do Scott. The wife is asking me every hour if they have been installed yet. Lol

I think shes more excited than I am

#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Will do Scott. The wife is asking me every hour if they have been installed yet. Lol
I think shes more excited than I am

Sounds like a very cool wife!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/40?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.