(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Pinball Machine LED lights Mod Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,596 posts
  • 461 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,147 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E360AA42-A6A9-40DA-AF5F-7E4939AFD956 (resized).jpeg
F44F83EE-3EC2-421C-9746-F1AE22C9FEA3 (resized).jpeg
0E5823F9-2550-43D3-85F8-E683419A727D (resized).jpeg
IMG_0593 (resized).JPG
IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
IMG_0586 (resized).JPG
IMG_0554 (resized).JPG
IMG_0577 (resized).JPG
IMG_0576 (resized).JPG
60377811-98F7-469B-8920-EE69517BDEF5 (resized).jpeg
97EF681D-B427-41EE-A7AA-087D3B85700A (resized).jpeg
F8FE114D-2301-40AC-B4CB-ADE2013D8366 (resized).png
1946FCA0-AB5C-4B24-80B4-3903463F8D11 (resized).png
C580DD27-B4AC-4925-88EC-A0AD85B76688 (resized).jpeg
DC0CFBDA-2920-4981-8375-47D6887F4D60 (resized).jpeg
pinball_mods_led_lighting (resized).png

There are 5596 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 112.
#151 2 years ago

Yes that is correct Chris thanks.

#152 2 years ago

So, what's the status on these? I ordered 3 weeks ago with the "mandatory pre-orders are almost sold out" and as of a week ago they still were not. I get the "they're filling fast" as a method to try and bump sales, but given you've said there's an 8-10 week lag time from when pre-orders fill, that's looking like I might be waiting until July or August for something I paid for at the beginning of April.

Any updates?

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me one of the huge benefits of this is the added lighting it provides to help with live streaming. Best way for this to help with that is to be separate and always on. So having that as at least an option is a must for me.

I don't think lighting effects like BOP's transformation look bad on streams.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't think lighting effects like BOP's transformation look bad on streams.

I meant for streaming at 60 fps. You need tons of ambient light on the game in order to get 60 fps to look right or the game will appear very dark on the stream. I'm still learning, but this was the first thing I realized.

I think these lights being always on (or at least an option) except for the flasher piece, will eliminate my need for extra lighting outside of the game.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, what's the status on these? I ordered 3 weeks ago with the "mandatory pre-orders are almost sold out" and as of a week ago they still were not. I get the "they're filling fast" as a method to try and bump sales, but given you've said there's an 8-10 week lag time from when pre-orders fill, that's looking like I might be waiting until July or August for something I paid for at the beginning of April.
Any updates?

He was pretty clear and honest about what he was doing. I met with Scott 2 weeks ago and will be meeting with him again. Even after his launch he is trying to give you guys the extras that you are asking for, lights that turn on with the game, possible GI integration etc... I don't even think he is adding anything to the cost.

I have 100% faith that he will do what he said he will. Just be patient, you will be getting an outstanding product. His stuff impressed me and that's hard to do.

Give him the time he asked for from the beginning.

Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

He was pretty clear and honest about what he was doing. I met with Scott 2 weeks ago and will be meeting with him again. Even after his launch he is trying to give you guys the extras that you are asking for, lights that turn on with the game, possible GI integration etc... I don't even think he is adding anything to the cost.
I have 100% faith that he will do what he said he will. Just be patient, you will be getting an outstanding product. His stuff impressed me and that's hard to do.
Give him the time he asked for from the beginning.
Chris
http://www.rockcustompinball.com

I asked for a status which doesn't seem like a lot to ask when I pre-paid 3 weeks ago under the impression the initial batch was almost sold out. Not insinuating anything, just trying to understand where things sit.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I asked for a status which doesn't seem like a lot to ask when I pre-paid 3 weeks ago under the impression the initial batch was almost sold out. Not insinuating anything, just trying to understand where things sit.

Oh for sure it's not to much to ask at all. Sometimes thing typed can come across differently than intended. Perhaps I read that a little to quickly. I am sure Scott at some point will give an update. I was thinking one would come out when he filled up.

#158 2 years ago

I shot him an email a couple days ago as well. When I ordered last weekend I was number 75. Hopefully we are only a few orders away at this point!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No problem and I know that you are just excited to get them as much as I am excited to get them to you. It's all good and I am happy to status update here. It is progressing well, and you are correct that the pre-order is almost completed. When it is, everyone will receive an email confirmation with a status update. Thank you for all of your support.

#160 2 years ago

So, currently no eta until 100 orders are filled?

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So, currently no eta until 100 orders are filled?

Apparently not.

#162 2 years ago

This looks like a really interesting product. I would be very interested to hear from WOZ owners once they have tried this. WOZ's GI is the real weakness for that pin, and this might help significantly. I've seen the pictures of the WOZ playfield with this lighting installed, but I would like to hear some testimonials. I'm intrigued .....

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Apparently not.

It's about 75% filled. Shipping time once the pre-order is filled is 8-10 weeks, however that is playing it safe and plan to get them out much sooner if possible. I will email everyone at that time. It won't be long!

#164 2 years ago

Why can't you just start building them now? Are you worried you won't get to 100 people or what's the deal? You have about 75 customers that paid and you are telling them they need to wait until more have ordered until their kits can be built?

#165 2 years ago

Actually the last order number was 89, but that does not truly reflect the pre-order amount because I found that the shopping cart counts abandoned carts as order numbers. So that is why I say about 75%, but either way once 100 is hit then the building and manufacturing will fully commence. The 100 amount is so that I could get the material cost down for the pricing so that these are reasonable and affordable for everyone, while also allowing a realistic timeframe for delivery as to be accurate. I want to do it right and be accurate with everything. I have no doubt in my mind they will all sell. The only marketing that has been done is this post 17 days go on the forum and then a few pinball shows to demo them to the public.

No worries and things are already in progress behind the scenes with these. They are not being outsourced and are all made here buy us at Pin Stadium to insure quality. We will be doing further marketing as the company progresses (no desire to go too big too fast since this is the initial release), but the initial goal was to get these to the Pinsiders first and foremost before anyone else. Feel free to tell a few buddys and share our link to order as this will close up the pre-order even sooner. Thanks.

Scott

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This looks like a really interesting product. I would be very interested to hear from WOZ owners once they have tried this. WOZ's GI is the real weakness for that pin, and this might help significantly. I've seen the pictures of the WOZ playfield with this lighting installed, but I would like to hear some testimonials. I'm intrigued .....

I would say that WOZ was my biggest motivation for these, since it was a struggle more than any other pinball to get proper lighting to this game. Spotlight after spotlight was added and it still wasn't enough. The one in the before and after picture is in my personal collection and now I can really enjoy it without the darkness it is commonly known for from the factory. It's a great game made even better now. I do have to be in the "extra energy" mood to play it because it can be such a challenge and journey to play it (in a good way).

Oh by the way we will be up at the Pinball Museum VFW Ann Arbor, MI show this weekend Fri-Sun with the Pin Stadium kits on display on Trent's Aerosmith Premium and another pinball that I will be bringing up also. So if anyone is near there or plans on stopping by, please come check them out and I can walk you through them in person. Seeing is believing for sure.

#167 2 years ago

I don't get it? You sold "75".. just buy the rest for your own stock. at 150.00 each there should be plenty of profit to do so, and get the ball rolling . Invest a little in your own co. Best of all it's not even coming out of your pocket. and will make a lot of happy customers
Hell I would have done that as soon as I hit the break even point.

#168 2 years ago

We are moving forward and everything is in progress, so there is nothing slowing the original plan down. The good news is also that you are going to get an even more improved product with advanced features. In fact there has been a lot of innovation from input here too, all orders will get a game specific power supply PCB adapter kit that will allow the Pin Stadium's power to turn on and off directly with the machine instead of the 12v adapter, this will be at no additional charge too. Very clean and easy plug and play!

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

We are moving forward and everything is in progress, so there is nothing slowing the original plan down. The good news is also that you are going to get even more improved hardware and products features. In fact there has been a lot of innovation from input here too, all orders will get a game specific power supply PCB adapter kit that will allow the Pin Stadium's power to turn on and off directly with the machine instead of the 12v adapter, this will be at no additional charge too. Very clean and easy plug and play!

#170 2 years ago

Nice!

#171 2 years ago

I appreciate the fact that you have listened to suggestions and are making changes/upgrades. Good things come to those that wait. We are all just a little anxious to see our playfields in a new light, or any light in some cases.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I would say that WOZ was my biggest motivation for these, since it was a struggle more than any other pinball to get proper lighting to this game. Spotlight after spotlight was added and it still wasn't enough. The one in the before and after picture is in my personal collection and now I can really enjoy it without the darkness it is commonly known for from the factory. It's a great game made even better now. I do have to be in the "extra energy" mood to play it because it can be such a challenge and journey to play it (in a good way).

Thanks for the feedback. Are you coming to Pintastic New England this year? I would love to see these in person.

#173 2 years ago

cool, that reminds me when i was toying with this on one of my machine a few years ago.

glad someone made it public.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I appreciate the fact that you have listened to suggestions and are making changes/upgrades. Good things come to those that wait. We are all just a little anxious to see our playfields in a new light, or any light in some cases.

Input from those who love this hobby is always good. Innovation is better with like minds I feel.

I understand your excitement completely and thank you for the kind words and support. I feel that you will be extremely happy with the results.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks for the feedback. Are you coming to Pintastic New England this year? I would love to see these in person.

I would be interested in finding out more about that event. We are trying to get to as many shows as possible. I'll look it up. Thank you for the invite !!

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

We are trying to get to as many shows as possible.

Just ordered mine and sent a PM to invite you to set up at Free Play Florida.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from King_Jelly:

Just ordered mine and sent a PM to invite you to set up at Free Play Florida.

Thank you for the invite and your order. I sent you a PM in response to your email also. Awesome! Looking forward to seeing pics of your IJ after you install our kit.

#178 2 years ago

The line was really long tonight for our TWD Premium machine with the demo Pin Stadium kit installed. It drew quite the crowd as many were anxious to see them in action. If anyone is in the area of Ann Arbor for this VFW show, now would be a great time to stop up and see them in person.

I snapped 2 pics, one is of the crowded line and the other I was able to catch the UV+Glow in action when it was igniting the playfield. Hope to see you all up here tomorrow and Sunday. Clay's collection is amazing with over 350 pinballs to play.

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#179 2 years ago

For those who didn't get a chance to see this in person:

Here is a video of our TWD Premium on display with the Pin Stadium kit at the VFW Pinball Museum show in Ann Arbor, MI. This pinball has our kit installed and UV+Glow flasher option connected to the Well Walker.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For those who didn't get a chance to see this in person:
Here is a video of our TWD Premium on display with the Pin Stadium kit at the VFW Pinball Museum show in Ann Arbor, MI. This pinball has our kit installed and UV+Glow flasher option connected to the Well Walker.
ยป YouTube video

Looks good (nice work). If they were available right now I'd buy but I'm not a preorder kind of guy on mods. That said my question is this... After your preorders of 100 units are paid for and then you go to production are you only making 100 and then doing another preorder? Will you make more than 100 so that there is stock on hand to ship once purchased? Thanks!

#181 2 years ago

I'm sold on this mod. Prior to attending VFW this weekend, I was of the mindset, I usually play with the lights on, so really what impact would this mod have. Well let me tell ya, with the lights on at VFW, the light show given off by these is absolutely stunning. Yep, it's pricey but IMHO well worth it. I'll be placing an order very shortly.

On another note, I've owned TWD for about 2 years now, and playing Scott's (maker of this mod) TWD I had the best game I've ever had on a TWD. Hit Horde on my second ball. I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if the lighting actually assisted in being able to track the ball better as there are no dark areas!

Great meeting you at the show Scott, sorry for destroying your GC score!! LOL

twd hs (resized).JPG

#182 2 years ago

Just want to say that TWD played great, I wish mine played as good! I should have taken note of the level of the game.

The lights looked awesome, I'll probably order some for my TWD, the flashers are a must I think too.

#183 2 years ago

I definitely thought the TWD looked and played fabulously, and the customizability of the lighting system is incredible. Thank you to Scott for taking the time to explain how it all works to me this weekend--I am definitely considering adding this to my next pin purchase whenever I figure it out!

#184 2 years ago

I had the chance to play TWD and Aerosmith with the Pin Stadium kits this weekend, and I was completely impressed. TWD, in particular, looked amazing with the lighting kit and I felt like game play was significantly improved - it was just so much easier to see, and the flashers on the Well Walker were a great effect. Scott was also very helpful and spent a lot of time talking to my friend and I about the lights - what you can do with them, installation, etc. I know a few locations that could DEFINITELY use these kits!

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from justanottergirl:

I know a few locations that could DEFINITELY use these kits!

This 100%. One quick easy way to help brighten up those dark location games.

#186 2 years ago

When you're playing a game 1 or 2 down a row from a machine with these lights set up, can you see them in your peripheral vision? That picture from the side where they're bright as heck makes me wonder.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When you're playing a game 1 or 2 down a row from a machine with these lights set up, can you see them in your peripheral vision? That picture from the side where they're bright as heck makes me wonder.

Eric, good question and no it doesn't distract or blind you as I have it shielded on the awning system so that when they are in a row and you are next to them it is not an issue. I was just trying to get some pics down lower so that everyone can see the lights too. I have them lined up like an army at my house with kits and no issues. It was incorporated into the design. It does look cool though to see them when you are at a distance, like eye candy.

#188 2 years ago

Scott, was going to PM you this question, but thought maybe feedback on this thread would prove valuable for anyone interested in the kit.

So, on your TWD at VFW, you had it hooked up so that the flashers would go off when the Well Walker was hit. Is this something that the user programs via your app? For example, I ordered one for my MET. If I want it to flash when it hits Sparky, is this done through the app itself or would I have to wire it the flashers for Sparky itself?

#189 2 years ago

Thank you all for appreciating these and being excited enough about them after seeing them in person to post this. That's great feedback and I am glad that I was able to get to the VFW show to meet you all. Makes me happy to see your smiling faces when playing the machines and enjoying the experience of these. That's what it's all about and is great confirmation for the product. That was an amazing show and it was a pleasure to meet everyone.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Scott, was going to PM you this question, but thought maybe feedback on this thread would prove valuable for anyone interested in the kit.
So, on your TWD at VFW, you had it hooked up so that the flashers would go off when the Well Walker was hit. Is this something that the user programs via your app? For example, I ordered one for my MET. If I want it to flash when it hits Sparky, is this done through the app itself or would I have to wire it the flashers for Sparky itself?

Thank you for your multiple orders to start!!! Glad you liked them that much, wow! And I will personally comment on your GC score, you smoked mine and it was an amazing game to witness.

To answer your question, the flasher portion connects directly to the machine and you can easily move it around with the alligator clips. So on Sparky you just connect it to the + and - of the flasher bulb on MET for example. Trent's Aerosmith has them on they Toy Box flasher so when the ball gets thrown into it to "Lock" you get that flash and powerful wash of light across the playfield. These are just the ones I have found to work well. Monster Bash is best with Frankenstein flashers and that playfield is the most intense reactivity I have seen yet out of all of the machines. It was unexpected and super cool. I hope this helps.

#191 2 years ago

Perfect, thanks bud!

#192 2 years ago

You are more than welcome and I'm glad you posted this question.

#193 2 years ago

I played Scott's TWD at the VFW this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. I also put up my personal best on the game, although way below the 700 million posted above (mine was 296 million). The UV flashers for me are cool but being tied to the well walker they become a bit overwhelming at times during multiball but I'm pretty light-sensitive. I'm not sure it was the lights that got me the score but i think it does help to be able to never have to waste even a fraction of a second tracking the ball with Pin Stadium installed.

I had already ordered 3 sets (one for AMH, one for WOZ and one for Domino's (with flashers)) and am extremely happy that I am order #2 and will hopefully get my sets very soon.

-Adam

#194 2 years ago

After your preorders are filled will you have stock on hand for immediate shipping or will these kits always be done in preorder batches? Thank you.

#195 2 years ago

We are not sure yet as these are custom made for each machine and also with the flasher preference. As a result they are built for custom for each order. I will surely let you know once we get further into this. One thing is for sure that we will continue to make these regardless and the manufacturing time is going to be getting quicker and quicker each time. Thank you all for your support!!!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I played Scott's TWD at the VFW this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. I also put up my personal best on the game, although way below the 700 million posted above (mine was 296 million). The UV flashers for me are cool but being tied to the well walker they become a bit overwhelming at times during multiball but I'm pretty light-sensitive. I'm not sure it was the lights that got me the score but i think it does help to be able to never have to waste even a fraction of a second tracking the ball with Pin Stadium installed.
I had already ordered 3 sets (one for AMH, one for WOZ and one for Domino's (with flashers)) and am extremely happy that I am order #2 and will hopefully get my sets very soon.
-Adam

Adam, it was nice to meet you and when I saw how happy you were to see them in person for the first time it was a good feeling. You were one of the first to see the vision of this technology with these with your early order, thanks. I remember you placed the order before the shopping cart was even live, haha!

Regarding the UV+Glow flasher option, you may want to change the flasher trigger to one of the ramp flashers. I put it on the Well Walker for the VFW show as it turns the playfield into quite a concert performance, but if you want to tone it down then simply connect it to the left or right ramps. That should a happy medium.

Thank you for being so pumped about these and I'm super excited to see the before and afters on your AMH, Dominos, and WOZ! I was impressed with the Dominos machine, it played great and was super fast. It ran very reliably all weekend too!

#197 2 years ago

Also here is a better video now that we are back from the VFW show. The upload without Wifi was low quality. This one is much better.

#198 2 years ago

Love the UV flashers on this game.

#199 2 years ago

Thanks, and you saw them in person so that's great input. I'm glad you liked them. The game does really well with this color.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just want to say that TWD played great, I wish mine played as good! I should have taken note of the level of the game.
The lights looked awesome, I'll probably order some for my TWD, the flashers are a must I think too.

Thanks!! One of the keys was I did have to modify the left bicycle girl ramp heavily. I did take the front ramp section off completely and put it on my workbench. I did the recommended dremel of the underside of the flap and also installed some felt pads strategically. Also tweaked around the left and right post screws for the upper portion of the ramp (see pic) so that it allows a better transition to the front section of the ramp where it hinges at the top.

As far as the level of the game, it was mid aggressive. Here is a pic of the bubble leveler as it sits now. I hope this helps.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 5596 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 112.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside