(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 165.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Love the look of the wireforms.

I have read a previous post that was critical of the way the Pin Stadium lights reflect off the wireforms, or even the plastic ramps. That could be an issue for some people. But I think on some machines, that reflection adds to the look of the play field as, in my opinion, it does with Houdini. Overall, I believe that the added light on the play field outweighs those concerns and apparently, the way these things are selling, many others agree.

#1552 6 years ago

Considering this for Star Wars but have a question on the GI interface option. Does that simply turn Pinstadium off with the white GI or does it change the color of the Pinstaduim lighting to match the color of the GI (white, red or blue in the case of SW and MET Prem, etc)?

How would Pinstadium work on Avengers LE where the GI is RGB (no white)?

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Considering this for Star Wars but have a question on the GI interface option. Does that simply turn Pinstadium off with the white GI or does it change the color of the Pinstaduim lighting to match the color of the GI (white, red or blue in the case of SW and MET Prem, etc)?

It follows the GI from an on off perspective not color. You choose the color you want the GI piece to be via the settings in the app.

So if you wanted the Pinstadium to follow the red GI in SW, hook it to a red GI bulb and set the color on the pinstadium to red. Then whenever the red GI comes on in the game so will the pinstadiums.

I hope that helps.

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Considering this for Star Wars but have a question on the GI interface option. Does that simply turn Pinstadium off with the white GI or does it change the color of the Pinstaduim lighting to match the color of the GI (white, red or blue in the case of SW)?

The GI module will allow the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadiums by turning them on/off/fade and does not change the color of them as the app will allow you to choose the color you would like that best accents the playfield. This way the original GI light show by the designer remains intact and the Pin Stadiums do their job to accent the playfield and artwork in between the machine’s GI where all that light is missing.

This was an intentional design on my part (not to follow color) because otherwise you would have one bulb from the pinball that you are connected to with the Pin Stadiums and it would change them to whatever color that bulb is and this would wash the entire playfield with red, blue, etc which would override and dominate the playfield with that color versus allowing the designer’s geographical color coordination they intended.

Many games nowadays control the colors in the GI in various sections with different colors simultaneously and Pin Stadiums respect that space accordingly.

Regarding The Avengers or any other machine, you can choose to either trigger from the RGB bulbs if you would like or white GI, but I have found from my experiences that it’s best to find a white bulb in most cases. I believe Avengers has both but you could ask Mark Maleko or Nancy at the San Diego pinball club to see how they hooked theirs up to their Avengers.

It seems like Robertstone0407 in the previous post here yesterday did this same thing too where he chose the colored bulb instead since it was his preference. My guess is both of these machines are very similar but I have not personally installed them on X-Men or The Avengers, but I do have them on my SW Premium and they are triggered best by the white GI’s in my opinion.

Here is a Twitter post San Diego put up with the Pin Stadiums on The Avengers:

https://twitter.com/missnancyrose78/status/956767783064227840

I hope this helps out. I’m happy to answer any more questions you may have.

Scott

#1555 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The GI module will allow the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadiums by turning them on/off/fade and does not change the color of them as the app will allow you to choose the color you would like that best accents the playfield. This way the original GI light show by the designer remains intact and the Pin Stadiums do their job to accent the playfield and artwork in between the machine’s GI where all that light is missing.
This was an intentional design on my part (not to follow color) because otherwise you would have one bulb from the pinball that you are connected to with the Pin Stadiums and it would change them to whatever color that bulb is and this would wash the entire playfield with red, blue, etc which would override and dominate the playfield with that color versus allowing the designer’s geographical color coordination they intended.
Many games nowadays control the colors in the GI in various sections with different colors simultaneously and Pin Stadiums respect that space accordingly.
Regarding The Avengers or any other machine, you can choose to either trigger from the RGB bulbs if you would like or white GI, but I have found from my experiences that it’s best to find a white bulb in most cases. I believe Avengers has both but you could ask Mark maleko or Nancy at the San Diego pinball club to see how they hooked theirs up to their Avengers.
It seems like robertstone0407 in the previous post here yesterday did this same thing too where he chose the colored bulb instead since it was his preference. My guess is both of these machines are very similar but I have not personally installed them on X-Men or The Avengers, but I do have them on my SW Premium and they are triggered best by the white GI’s in my opinion.
Here is a Twitter post San Diego put up with the Pin Stadiums on The Avengers:
https://twitter.com/missnancyrose78/status/956767783064227840
I hope this helps out. I’m happy to answer any more questions you may have.
Scott

Thanks for the quick response Scott!

I can see where this color strategy works for 99.9% of the games out there and was a good choice. It really looks stunning on SW... I'll have to do more research on how it might work on AVLE since that game does not have white GI, its all RGB and triggers around the PF in unison.

Can you connect the GI trigger input to a flasher (can the input tolerate the higher voltage)? There might be a flasher spotlight on AVLE that might work as a good trigger to turn off the stadium lights.

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great design!!! It works perfectly, from my experience. GI integration on Metallica is fabulous.

Alternatively though, sometimes I like to set my Met Premium to 0% white, 100% color, and enable the 7-color-rotation with a speed of like 25. Feels like there's a Metallica concert happening under the glass!!!

#1557 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can see where this color strategy works for 99.9% of the games out there and was a good choice. It really looks stunning on SW... I'll have to do more research on how it might work on AVLE since that game does not have white GI, its all RGB and triggers around the PF in unison.
Can you connect the GI trigger input to a flasher (can the input tolerate the higher voltage)? There might be a flasher spotlight on AVLE that might work as a good trigger to turn off the stadium lights.

I'm not familiar with AVLE but WOZ (and all JJP games??) GI is completely RGB (other than some spotlights) and the GI integration works very well in that game. As Scott said it does not match colors but I don't really think you'd want it to.

#1558 6 years ago

Finally got my machine setup today. Added some of the popular mods. It looked great but didn’t pop as much as I would like. Lucky for me Pin Stadium lights are in my hometown. Picked up a set, got them installed and I’m very pleased. The UV flashers look fantastic too.You can customize the color and brightness via an app which really helps them look just right for each game. I had the opportunity to see them on 20 different machines and they all looked as if factory intended.
If you get the GI option and flasher option it is linked to the game and they turn off and on with the other lamps.
They’re just great. Whenever I get another pin, these lights have become a given for me.
I put up some before and after pics. I used a DSLR camera with manual settings to keep ISO, shutter speed and aperture consistent to help show the difference. I also included some close ups of the new Ghost Cables, you can hardly see them.

DSC02908 (resized).JPGDSC02908 (resized).JPG

DSC02907 (resized).JPGDSC02907 (resized).JPG

DSC02906 (resized).JPGDSC02906 (resized).JPG

DSC02905 (resized).JPGDSC02905 (resized).JPG

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It follows the GI from an on off perspective not color. You choose the color you want the GI piece to be via the settings in the app.
So if you wanted the Pinstadium to follow the red GI in SW, hook it to a red GI bulb and set the color on the pinstadium to red. Then whenever the red GI comes on in the game so will the pinstadiums.
I hope that helps.

Excellent points and I like how you think!! You can even go into the custom configuration and dial in the exact color, strobe/fade/jump, then control the speed of that then when the Red, or Blue, or White bulb comes on. So whatever you decide to trigger from it will introduce the color and effect at that desired moment. So running with Chuck's superb idea you can create in the custom settings the Pin Stadium lights to let's say "breath" with the fade effect, adjust it to red and then add as little or as much white light for illumination (this runs in between the RGB light so on the Pin Stadium) as you would like. Or just dial it to the color with no effect too. This would be a very custom dynamic game changer that make your machine unique from any others and even better "exactly" to your liking.

Possibilities are endless!!

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You are welcome and yes that strategy is great for most all of them, and even in the case of RGB bulbs like in WOZ(my top seller) it does a heck of a job and with your color preferences and patterns(if you wanted) dialed in on the app I am confident you will have a set up that is to your liking with The Avengers. Mark can you tell you what they did and you can see what you think of his method. He was super happy is all I know but the specifics he can give you.

Yes you can trigger the flashers from any bulb and GI from any bulb, in fact on either one you can trigger from any 4v-24v source, motor, inlay bulb, white GI bulb, RGB bulb, any wire or trigger possible as long as it is not on the switch matrix as that would be strobe city! I think you are going to come up with something cool and when you do get the lights please share if you don't mind. I am happy to help you also of course.

Scott

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Great design!!! It works perfectly, from my experience. GI integration on Metallica is fabulous.
Alternatively though, sometimes I like to set my Met Premium to 0% white, 100% color, and enable the 7-color-rotation with a speed of like 25. Feels like there's a Metallica concert happening under the glass!!!

That's some serious tweaking and I love that you are getting into the nooks and crannies of the Pin Stadium app. It's there for exactly these reasons moonduckie78 and it's exciting to see you are using these functions and features. I feel like I need to really focus on this more and offer some tips. Some do not know about this and it really isn't a hidden feature but is if you don't explore the app! Yikes!

There are some good videos out there already on it from SDTM and Buffalo, Canadian Arcade and more too.

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not familiar with AVLE but WOZ (and all JJP games??) GI is completely RGB (other than some spotlights) and the GI integration works very well in that game. As Scott said it does not match colors but I don't really think you'd want it to.

Yes you got it and that is correct about the RGB trigger also. It was in the back of my mind when I was responding and you beat me to it. Thanks!!

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Finally got my machine setup today. Added some of the popular mods. It looked great but didn’t pop as much as I would like. Lucky for me Pin Stadium lights are in my hometown. Picked up a set, got them installed and I’m very pleased. The UV flashers look fantastic too.You can customize the color and brightness via an app which really helps them look just right for each game. I had the opportunity to see them on 20 different machines and they all looked as if factory intended.
If you get the GI option and flasher option it is linked to the game and they turn off and on with the other lamps.
They’re just great. Whenever I get another pin, these lights have become a given for me.
I put up some before and after pics. I used a DSLR camera with manual settings to keep ISO, shutter speed and aperture consistent to help show the difference. I also included some close ups of the new Ghost Cables, you can hardly see them.

Hey thank you so much for posting this up and I appreciate your order and "local" support of the product. It's funny how I had just finished shipping out an order to Sweden and then I get your order. I saw the address and it was almost like I was being pranked, haha not really but you were like 5 streets away from me and this is the 2nd time this has happened but you were even a few streets closer.

Then I saw you paid shipping and there was no way in heck I would have let that happen either which is why I am crediting that back.

So I messaged him to tell him that his order was ready for pickup within minutes. I think this was the fastest processing time ever, he placed his order and I happened have just finished making some and they were in stock for Spike 2. Then 10 minutes later he followed the billowing smoke stacks with bright flashing lights to the Pin Stadium factory. Delivered!!!

He did get the tour of the Pin Stadium collection with them installed. I even got to show him Dialed In it next the other games with the Pin Stadiums, he got to see how "comparatively" dark it was and then I fired them up on Dialed In

Thanks for stopping buy and visiting. Also it was great to see a new collector such as you so excited about this wonderful world of pinball collecting. You got into this at the right time for the lighting aspect anyways

Scott

#1564 6 years ago

I just installed Pin Stadium lights on my Metallica. What a cool mod for any game. I can easily adjust the color and brightness through the easy to use app. I have it set to 100% blue in this particular pic.

I can not say enough good things about the customer service I received. My emails were promptly responded to by Scott. He addressed the issues that I was having and I am very pleased with the outcome.

I can assure you that Pin Stadium will be on many of my games in the future.

72A37046-DF51-46AA-9748-32107AA51897 (resized).jpeg72A37046-DF51-46AA-9748-32107AA51897 (resized).jpeg

09CCB3C0-6798-4BFB-A85B-E7499E7B4126 (resized).jpeg09CCB3C0-6798-4BFB-A85B-E7499E7B4126 (resized).jpeg

#1565 6 years ago

I think I need Pinstadium.

20180222_182546 (resized).jpg20180222_182546 (resized).jpg

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from ck1sport:

I just installed Pin Stadium lights on my Metallica. What a cool mod for any game. I can easily adjust the color and brightness through the easy to use app. I have it set to 100% blue in this particular pic.
I can not say enough good things about the customer service I received. My emails were promptly responded to by Scott. He addressed the issues that I was having and I am very pleased with the outcome.
I can assure you that Pin Stadium will be on many of my games in the future.

Hey thank you for posting this up and you are welcome, very glad to help you. This is a unique picture of MET and I like how you toned the white down and used the blue to get a unique effect. You don’t see these settings often and it’s a nice example of also what can be done!

#1567 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think I need Pinstadium.

Here is a picture of WH20 Before and Afters.

92133A45-9282-49C7-B8D4-3E5D10CB1036 (resized).jpeg92133A45-9282-49C7-B8D4-3E5D10CB1036 (resized).jpeg

#1568 6 years ago

Just for fun I put yours next to this one

2688F956-3FAB-46BE-B227-D22B21BCC080 (resized).jpeg2688F956-3FAB-46BE-B227-D22B21BCC080 (resized).jpeg

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just for fun I put yours next to this one

Wow. What a big difference. Do you have WOZ in stock right now?

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Wow. What a big difference. Do you have WOZ in stock right now?

Yes it’s a big change and that one is on my personal machine now.

Yes WOZ kits (GI and UV+Glow) are in stock as are others too. I have added an improved flasher adapter for WOZ that comes included with the Pin Stadium kit to make it even easier to install.

Scott

#1571 6 years ago

Scott has anyone figured out how to tap flashers on Houdini?

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No, so bring yours down to the Louisville show next weekend and we'll all figure it out together! (I don't really know if anyone has figured it out of not, I just want another Houdini to be at the show! )

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not yet, I’m going to put out a bounty on it! If I had one local I would be able to play with it and figure it out I’m sure.

#1574 6 years ago

Wanted to share how awesome Scott’s new Stealth Black cables blend into the machine. They become invisible! Please take a look at Rob Zombie. The results are fantastic! I can’t imagine playing this machine without the Pin Stadium lighting now.

Can’t say enough about how impressed I am with the product and Scott’s customer friendly service.

80C36F3C-801C-4589-B5E0-56D73976C166 (resized).jpeg80C36F3C-801C-4589-B5E0-56D73976C166 (resized).jpeg

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from fmetz374:

Wanted to share how awesome Scott’s new Stealth Black cables blend into the machine. They become invisible! Please take a look at Rob Zombie. The results are fantastic! I can’t imagine playing this machine without the Pin Stadium lighting now.
Can’t say enough about how impressed I am with the product and Scott’s customer friendly service.

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Ghost Cables and this is a great example of the comparison of the improved version.

Also here is a big announcement for the improvement of Pin Stadiums and for it's customers in many ways. Going forward all kits will be universal for all pinball machines due to our "Universal Power" adapter. The same great features and effects as you would expect with the following benefits:

1. Even faster and easier install
2. Unlimited compatibility
3. Frees up power from your pinball boards.
4. Easy transfer if you sell or trade a machine

Our new power adapter simply plugs safely into the service port of your machine and the Pin Stadiums turn on and off with the machine as they should thanks to the smart logic of the GI module. Even better, it is included free at no additional charge with every order!

Also any previous Pin Stadiums that you have already purchased are also compatible with this and we offer a "Transfer" package that will let you make the transfer (comes with power adapter and an extra set of Magna-Mounts) to another pinball or convert your existing to "Universal Power" by ordering that adapter.

Thank you again for all of the suggestions from our customers and as always we listen to your needs and requests. It is important to note I am always working around the original and current Pin Stadium design so that when features or accessories are added they will be compatible with you current product. So there is never a reason to wait as the goal is to make things backward compatible with forward thinking progression!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

offthegrid_FINAL (resized).pngoffthegrid_FINAL (resized).png

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Ghost Cables and this is a great example of the comparison of the improved version.
Also here is a big announcement for the improvement of Pin Stadiums and for it's customers in many ways. Going forward all kits will be universal for all pinball machines due to our "Universal Power" adapter. The same great features and effects as you would expect with the following benefits:
1. Even faster and easier install
2. Unlimited compatibility
3. Frees up power from your pinball boards.
4. Easy transfer if you sell or trade a machine
Our new power adapter simply plugs safely into the service port of your machine and the Pin Stadiums turn on and off with the machine as they should thanks to the smart logic of the GI module. Even better, it is included free at no additional charge with every order!
Also any previous Pin Stadiums that you have already purchased are also compatible with this and we offer a "Transfer" package that will let you make the transfer (comes with power adapter and an extra set of Magna-Mounts) to another pinball or convert your existing to "Universal Power" by ordering that adapter.
Thank you again for all of the suggestions from our customers and as always we listen to your needs and requests. It is important to note I am always working around the original and current Pin Stadium design so that when features or accessories are added they will be compatible with you current product. So there is never a reason to wait as the goal is to make things backward compatible with forward thinking progression!
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

Great forward thinking direction and product improvement! While most companies would stay the proprietary per game route to insure product sales growth you opted for the Customer benefit universal route. Bravo. Says a lot about your company and more so to the supporters that have made your product a focal of their games. While pinball collectors/owners would like to Never let a title go sometimes interest/finances or realistate forces a new direction. Knowing that your product can move across all titles And brands instills confidence in the buying decision. I have a GB I always thought would look great with your kit though I strongly feared GB was not showing staying power in my collection. Knowing I can take that gamble and quickly move them to Houdini or JJP POTC makes the decision much less concerning. Great improvement Scott thanks!

#1577 6 years ago

I had a very productive day and finally got 11 sets installed in machines. I just have to reiterate how awesome the Pinstadium configuration is. With separate sliders for the GI RGB LEDs and warm white LEDs, older machines that I prefer to have the incandescent feel even with LED lighting still have that nostalgic look while games I prefer a whiter or colored GI light also look great.

I was able to get the install time (including Gameblades / Pinblades) down to ~30 minutes a set by the end of the day so hopefully I can get quite a few more installed tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting them on RFM/SWE1 and finally being able to see the playfield! Others have stated this, but my wife's first game on T2 after the install was her best game ever likely due to the massively increased visibility.

Once I get them all installed I'll post more pictures, but there is no way to really capture the experience with a camera. The limitations of a fixed camera aperture/exposure versus the human eye makes it really hard, but I'd recommend the Pinstadiums as a first upgrade on any machine.

IMG_6009 (resized).JPGIMG_6009 (resized).JPG

#1578 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

I had a very productive day and finally got 11 sets installed in machines. I just have to reiterate how awesome the Pinstadium configuration is. With separate sliders for the GI RGB LEDs and warm white LEDs, older machines that I prefer to have the incandescent feel even with LED lighting still have that nostalgic look while games I prefer a whiter or colored GI light also look great.
I was able to get the install time (including Gameblades / Pinblades) down to ~30 minutes a set by the end of the day so hopefully I can get quite a few more installed tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting them on RFM/SWE1 and finally being able to see the playfield! Others have stated this, but my wife's first game on T2 after the install was her best game ever likely due to the massively increased visibility.
Once I get them all installed I'll post more pictures, but there is no way to really capture the experience with a camera. The limitations of a fixed camera aperture/exposure versus the human eye makes it really hard, but I'd recommend the Pinstadiums as a first upgrade on any machine.

Wow can’t wait for this!

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great forward thinking direction and product improvement! While most companies would stay the proprietary per game route to insure product sales growth you opted for the Customer benefit universal route. Bravo. Says a lot about your company and more so to the supporters that have made your product a focal of their games. While pinball collectors/owners would like to Never let a title go sometimes interest/finances or realistate forces a new direction. Knowing that your product can move across all titles And brands instills confidence in the buying decision. I have a GB I always thought would look great with your kit though I strongly feared GB was not showing staying power in my collection. Knowing I can take that gamble and quickly move them to Houdini or JJP POTC makes the decision much less concerning. Great improvement Scott thanks!

Thank you and I am glad that you are excited about the new additions. Just trying to make things easier for everyone on all levels and to improve the product and support for it. Beyond the hardware aspect of the Pin Stadiums there is a lot going of things that are being worked on to enhance the all even further. Very cool features and functions to come too!!

#1580 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Wow you are making some serious progress with the installation process of these. That’s a lot of work and I remember all of the work it took to build these for your too

That is great that you are utilizing the separate white GI and separate RGB adjustability within the app. This is the key to the Pin Stadiums. You are seeing the benefit of that and putting it to excellent use. Without the combination of these two together, it would not be possible to achieve the results you are getting while being able to really bring alive the playfield artwork to exactly how you like.

Thanks for the huge support and glad you are loving them!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1581 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wow can’t wait for this!

It’s available now and every Pin Stadium going forward ships this way at no additional charge.

#1582 6 years ago

Will the transfer kit be listed in the store?

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Yes it will be updated tomorrow.

#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I'm kinda an old schooler when it comes to lighting and my inserts hate me for it but this mod is incredible. I put a set on my TAF as it was the darkest machine in the lineup and WoW! Reaction times are so much better and the glare is gone. Forget the over priced glass. Pinstadium will solve any debate of what to buy when it comes to reducing glare. My only issue so far is I need them for about 15 more machines. In due time, in due time. Thanks Scott. You've been awesome answering questions. It's nice to buy from someone that is passionate about pinball and responds to emails quickly. Some before and afters below. You decide which TAF you wanna play?

What settings did you end up dialing the app into for your TAF? I was just curious to see if you could share this. Thanks.

#1585 6 years ago

Particularly for the collectors that are getting these for machines with the purist concept of keeping the incandescent bulbs in place. I have installed them on games or for customers for this purpose and it's awesome but it would be cool to get your dialed in settings on the app that you decided you like for the % of white settings and color settings. Thanks!!

#1586 6 years ago

For those of you that will be attending the LAX Louisville show this weekend March 2-4 Fri-Sun. For specific details please click here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-lax-louisville-2018

Come see SDTM in person!! ZMeny

We will have on display many customer's machines with the Pin Stadiums installed and in action. A special thanks to Jeremy and Matt who have headed up this event and have been extremely accommodating to Pin Stadium. To help support this event, we have donated a fully featured set of Pin Stadiums with the GI Module and UV+Glow for any pinball machine of your choice for them to giveaway. They will have the details at the show on how to win this prize giveaway!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

LAX3 (resized).pngLAX3 (resized).png

#1587 6 years ago

Got my Pinstadium installed in GB last night - pics to follow - and it is spectacular! One question - Is there a way to dim the flasher feature?

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Got my Pinstadium installed in GB last night - pics to follow - and it is spectacular! One question - Is there a way to dim the flasher feature?

That’s awesome you got them all hooked up and going on GB! I regards to the flasher brightness control:

The flashers are driven by the pinball machine and the brightness is determined by how the machine pulses them.

The general rule is that if the pulse is short and fast then the characteristic behavior of the LED is to load fast and then fade quickly thus resulting in a bright flash. In the scenario that the pulse is slow then the effect is more of a softer glow. Different machines pulse differently and inside of those machines each flasher is controlled uniquely too.

I always suggest moving it around to one that you feel is appropriate for your tastes. I hope that helps!

Scott

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I always suggest moving it around to one that you feel is appropriate for your tastes. I hope that helps!

Scott

Thank you, Scott. Yes, that helps! Good to know that the flashers are more directly game controlled vs. the GI that has brightness control. I'll play around and see what works.

John

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Thank you, Scott. Yes, that helps! Good to know that the flashers are more directly game controlled vs. the GI that has brightness control. I'll play around and see what works.
John

John,

Hey anytime and I am glad that explanation helped you out. Keep me posted if you have any other questions. On GB I find the Ghost Trap flasher to be best but if you want more of a mellow glow then connect it to the Slimer motor for an eerie glow effect when he comes out.

Scott

#1591 6 years ago

I have noticed that the rails on my Dialed In actually block access to the service port when the playfield is in the down position.

How would this work with your Universal Power Kit?

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I have noticed that the rails on my Dialed In actually block access to the service port when the playfield is in the down position.
How would this work with your Universal Power Kit?

Good question and glad you asked. You would just get a short extension cord like this and then plug the Pin Stadium adapter into that. Here is a picture of it installed on my DI machine.

BF61DD11-9A0D-4873-BC6E-59354E9AE836 (resized).jpegBF61DD11-9A0D-4873-BC6E-59354E9AE836 (resized).jpeg

99F7C129-93A0-45E6-A0F1-179947E7D005 (resized).jpeg99F7C129-93A0-45E6-A0F1-179947E7D005 (resized).jpeg

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This has been updated on the website store.

#1594 6 years ago

They said it could not be done! As promised and asked by many. Here is the first sighting of a P2K RFM with the Pin Stadiums installed. As you can see the hologram is fully intact thanks to the Pin Stadiums WiFi app settings allowing full adjustability and it is turned up bright too! This customer said he could not be happier and is pumped to be able to see RFM’s playfield finally!!

Even crazier is the translite reflection went away too!

DC736144-4FF2-4A15-A53E-531633E1BFBF (resized).jpegDC736144-4FF2-4A15-A53E-531633E1BFBF (resized).jpeg

#1595 6 years ago

It is like the last thing you might expect is to get this Invisi-look glass from this machine and have the hologram intact. So cool!

#1596 6 years ago

I think the RFM kit should be shorter than the regular kit so you can maintain the reflective glass part of the game - way too bright....

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think the RFM kit should be shorter than the regular kit so you can maintain the reflective glass part of the game - way too bright....

I was originally thinking the same thing and the brightness is definitely turned up on this higher than needed just as an example. The customer sent a few pics and all of the action is fully visible he says. I had asked about the “Free-Play Press Start” missing at the bottom and he said it was just how it was flashing off and on. I checked the “Live” version of it on my iPhone and sure enough. Pic posted with that part missing.

I will see if he can turn the brightness down lower and snap another also.

19F1C5E0-0CD5-4354-9BC1-E9BE89FE220F (resized).png19F1C5E0-0CD5-4354-9BC1-E9BE89FE220F (resized).png
7F65C407-E880-4B24-8A00-01C1D56637BE (resized).jpeg7F65C407-E880-4B24-8A00-01C1D56637BE (resized).jpeg

#1598 6 years ago

Currently working on a video review for my Pin Stadium. Until then here is a comparison. The wife is very happy.

20180227_004917 (resized).jpg20180227_004917 (resized).jpg

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Currently working on a video review for my Pin Stadium. Until then here is a comparison. The wife is very happy.

Looking forward to the review video of these and it’s nice to see a not so common machine like Last Action Hero shining in its glory!!! Wow!!

#1600 6 years ago

Just to clarify as a few have asked questions about the new "Universal Power" adapter and if it affects or changes any of the great features and functions of the Pin Stadiums. All of the quality and light show that you have come to expect and an even easier better connection. It simply makes the connection to your machine much easier and also makes each kit compatible with any pinball machines and does not draw any power off of your boards either. This means it is still compatible with any mods you want to add etc.

Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/32?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.