(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 165.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

This is awesome news! (My biggest hang up) and it also sounds like with a little effort it can be tied in to computer controlled GI, Dimming, etc... and saves the settings, i think this is an awesome idea!
Anyone try these on SYS. 11's?
I am thinking it would be a good addition to FIRE!, Wirlwind, and F-14 Tomcat!

This mod was designed to provide ambient lighting. We use backpanel lights, shootlane lights, apron lights, spot lights, etc.... none are tied to the GI! Your GI is not affected by this mod, you still notice the GI dimming and turning off.

Ok, so let's say he makes a separate kit for those who need it tied into the GI, are you seriously willing to pay the extra $30.00. I am sure a few are, most will talk about it, and order the cheaper version anyway or never order one at all. Sorry but I have a long history with these types of variations.

I will be doing a review on this product Saturday. I have seen the install but I want to see it in action more to give it a full review.
@randomkg I am working with Scott to get a RGB flasher system that works off my Undercab kits for those who have both mods.

#102 7 years ago

Thinking about these for for my rob zombie. I like the dark look and feel to the game and just would not want to illuminate it with just straight white lighting. Could the color be adjusted to red? I think the game illuminated with red with the UV flasher option might look great. Or a red flasher option would be cool too

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Thinking about these for for my rob zombie. I like the dark look and feel to the game and just would not want to illuminate it with just straight white lighting. Could the color be adjusted to red? I think the game illuminated with red with the UV flasher option might look great. Or a red flasher option would be cool too

Fairly certain all of this can be done. The flasher is the only part that is limited to one color choice as far as I understand.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

We are working on putting my Undercab interactions on the inside of the machine with Scotts kit. Here is a video of RZ you can use your imagination. You could also easily eliminate any option but it would potentially ship with them all.

#105 7 years ago

Would be awesome to see the OP change the lighting to red and show how it illuminates and also how the UV flasher looks. Videos of that would be awesome!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Would be awesome to see the OP change the lighting to red and show how it illuminates and also how the UV flasher looks. Videos of that would be awesome!

For Rob Zombie and The Walking Dead I like to set the red at 100% and the white around 35-40% for an eerie look. Which is what I feel that game really should be. It's enough to reveal the dark and beautiful artwork also and let's the machine a GI and everything else do their magic without taking away from it at all.

It may look darker than norma due to the camera's eye but I can give it a shot and will post that up when i get back from this Kalamazoo Pinball show. Maybe a video would be better. Either way you'll see it shortly.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fairly certain all of this can be doneThe flasher is the only part that is limited to one color choice as far as I understand.

You can choose from many colors and also a multi-color changing option for the flasher will be available very soon which can be controlled by the machine also.

Thank you for all of the great input from everyone and interest. It has been very busy in a good way and everyone's business and support is much appreciated. Thanks!!

The app is in an awesome evolution stage too as we have been taking input from the community and even more super cool things are to come. These will of course be free updates for all Pin Stadium customers too.

#108 7 years ago

I'm liking the evolution of this so far. Any idea on the timeline of color changing flasher option. I'd hate to buy now only for that to come out shortly after.

#109 7 years ago

Or will color changing flashers just be a quick update that could be done at anytime by the user?

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

This mod was designed to provide ambient lighting. We use backpanel lights, shootlane lights, apron lights, spot lights, etc.... none are tied to the GI! Your GI is not affected by this mod, you still notice the GI dimming and turning off.
Ok, so let's say he makes a separate kit for those who need it tied into the GI, are you seriously willing to pay the extra $30.00. I am sure a few are, most will talk about it, and order the cheaper version anyway or never order one at all. Sorry but I have a long history with these types of variations.
I will be doing a review on this product Saturday. I have seen the install but I want to see it in action more to give it a full review.
randomkg I am working with Scott to get a RGB flasher system that works off my Undercab kits for those who have both mods.

Yes, I would absolutely pay extra for that additional feature.

#111 7 years ago

Do these get in the way of raising and lowering the PF? If so, can you remove them easily for service?

I saw them in use at the Ohio Show. Looked nice.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Do these get in the way of raising and lowering the PF? If so, can you remove them easily for service?
I saw them in use at the Ohio Show. Looked nice.

They do get in the way but the mounting system is so easy it takes less than 10seconds to take them off and raise your playfield.

Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Yes, I would absolutely pay extra for that additional feature.

Nice, I wouldn't but I am sure Scott will look into this option.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is a before and after on a Stern Spiderman, the kit also has the UV_Flasher option which makes the playfield come alive when hitting the left upper ramp Venom shot. The settings in this photoe are at 50% white and 100% blue for the GI lighting setting. Pretty tame but tasteful for this pinball machine.
And a side by side comparison on the Aerosmith LE also.

This is my SM at the Ohio show. Scott had installed the kit on my game before Aerosmith got there just to show me how to install and how it worked with the app. on a phone. My SM also has mirror blades and the kit just installs right on top of them no problem at all and was quick and easy. They're also easy to remove if you need to lift your PF for service. He had let me set the colors to where I wanted them. This really brought out the colors on the PF and having it hooked up to the venom ramp flasher so that it went off when the ramp was hit was really cool. I am looking forward to getting my set for SM once he gets them produced. The UV flasher add on is a cool feature and that is the main feature I was interested in cause when I do stuff to my games I like to use UV reactive paints on them. So UV lights are kinda important feature for me.

Phoebe

#114 7 years ago

Are there any installation pictures of the hardware? The lighting looks good, was curious how the internals were connected.

#115 7 years ago

Very cool! I wonder how these would play with pin blades / power blades... would they just attach on top of them? Good stuff

#116 7 years ago

I went ahead and ordered these for my WoZ, looking forward to getting it!

#117 6 years ago

How about Heighway? Will these work with FT or Alien?

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Your GI is not affected by this mod,

I'm sorry but this statement is as wrong as a spotlight on my front projection screen.

The function of lighting effects is to create CONTRAST. By definition shining bright lights on a playfield diminishes contrast, especially if they are always on. Do you also maintain that playing pinball outside on a sunny day also does not affect the impact of GI dimming?

I agree that some people care about GI lighting effects more than others, but you can count me out. I'll keep my blackout mods and low ambient light game room. Add full GI integration and I will be interested.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

You would be crazy to put these on Alien without GI integration, but maybe that's just me.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I had the chance to look at the Heighway Alien at the Kalamazoo. I wanted to see it in person first and yes these will work very well with the machine as it is rather dark. It will bring much life to the game as the graphics are very deep dark colors. It's a beautiful playfield, a recommended setting would be 100% green, 30% blue and 15% red, then 45% on the white. This will keep your GI effect intact and not take away from your experience.

The game played great too and it's on my wish list for sure.

Also, regarding Full Throttle it will work awesome too. I'm not sure of the recommended setting on that since I have not really looked at it in person, but you could dial it in how you would like and I think you will be very pleased.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Very cool! I wonder how these would play with pin blades / power blades... would they just attach on top of them? Good stuff

Yes you are correct, they are applied on top of them. They have not been tested with power blades however they work great on my MET Premium with the mirror and graphic blades. They were specifically designed to work with them because most of the machines in collections have some version of blades, same with mine also.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I'm sorry but this statement is as wrong as a spotlight on my front projection screen.
The function of lighting effects is to create CONTRAST. By definition shining bright lights on a playfield diminishes contrast, especially if they are always on. Do you also maintain that playing pinball outside on a sunny day also does not affect the impact of GI dimming?
I agree that some people care about GI lighting effects more than others, but you can count me out. I'll keep my blackout mods and low ambient light game room. Add full GI integration and I will be interested.

I suggest seeing it in person for yourself and decide. The GI effects aren't messed with as much as you'd think. I didn't notice anything drastic even on a game that uses GI tricks like TWD.

#124 6 years ago

I paid. When does it ship? I was likely one of the first.

#125 6 years ago

Once the pre-order of 100 is complete (it's almost filled), then we approximate 8-10 weeks. Thank you for your order as I do see it in our system for your Aerosmith.

For anyone that is planning on ordering it is highly suggested to place it sooner than later. As long as the shopping cart will take your order then that means there are still spots left.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What about a game with not many LED's on the playfield? My POTC is pretty much stock.
Should I just get Stadium lighting and pass on the LED's?

Won't really effect how the inserts look and would probably make the incandescent bulbs under the inserts look more dull/washed out. ("wash out" in a certain different way - I find LEDs wash out color more under inserts but you know what I mean with incandescent bulbs on these newer games)

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

(it's almost filled)

Back yourself then. Start now. Think about the logic..you're past the point of no return anyway..so get cracking sir!

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You would be crazy to put these on Alien without GI integration, but maybe that's just me.

Have you seen these in person?

#129 6 years ago

At Kalamazoo Show it looks great on the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and really lights up the dark areas of the playfield. I am sure someone will post the pictures soon else I will take some pictures later today at the show.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Well here's the thing, could I not just find a way to power this only when the GI's on? In my mind I can hook a small relay to any GI light I choose, when the GI is on these lights have power and work! When the GI goes off this goes off. I believe I could wire quite easily.

Edit, yep the more I think about it my plan above is perfect, anyone think of a reason it won't work? There's not some boot up or warm up time once power is applied is there? Just instant power?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Have you seen these in person?

Qualitatively it is no different from playing in a well-lit room, which is not my preference as it diminishes the lighting effects.

I understand that many have different preferences than me and I hope they love this mod. I just take exception to your assertion that it will have "no effect" on lighting effects. Perhaps you could modify your statement to something like "it will have a variable impact on GI lighting effects that many will either not notice or not be bothered by."

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Well here's the thing, could I not just find a way to power this only when the GI's on? In my mind I can hook a small relay to any GI light I choose, when the GI is on these lights have power and work! When the GI goes off this goes off. I believe I could wire quite easily.
Edit, yep the more I think about it my plan above is perfect, anyone think of a reason it won't work? There's not some boot up or warm up time once power is applied is there? Just instant power?

I know my wall powered strips (12v transformer) for my game room lighting take a veritable time to warm up and come on. I'm no expert, but if you placed the relay after any voltage regulation I would think it would work. What would you do about dimming? Or maybe Alien doesn't do a lot of dimming?

As an an aside, ambience is what killed Alien for me at TPF. Ambient lighting and ambient NOISE. To me mood and atmosphere is the biggest selling point of Alien, none of which comes across in that environment.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

At Kalamazoo Show it looks great on the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and really lights up the dark areas of the playfield. I am sure someone will post the pictures soon else I will take some pictures later today at the show.

Funny you mention it, but BoP, particularly during METAMORPHOSIS, would be my exhibit 1A on how ambient lighting kills dynamic lighting.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

The UV flasher add on is a cool feature and that is the main feature I was interested in cause when I do stuff to my games I like to use UV reactive paints on them. So UV lights are kinda important feature for me.

Wait, I'm not the only one? LOL. I'm thinking about putting these on my Crescendo...or trying anyways...I haven't been able to find a suitable way to flood the game with UV.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Totally agree with you Sed, I have been speaking with Scott via pm about hooking these up via the GI circuit, he says its certainly possible, its a shame this cannot be done plug and play as I would have ordered kits for all my games, instead I will buy one kit and see how hooking it up to the GI goes and then maybe order more.

Certainly worth Scott pinstadium if you looked into offering these plug and play with GI interaction, can only see you getting more sales from it being an option for those without the skills to do the hookup themselves, hell I would probably buy them off you like that saves me the time doing it to every game in my collection

#136 6 years ago

I had a chance to talk to Scott at the Kalamazoo Pinball Expo and see these in action. He showed me all of the capabilities. I love that you can adjust pretty much everything on these to customize them to your liking. You can adjust colors, brightness, have it change colors, and adjust how fast and how smooth you want that to happen. You want green lights today and tomorrow red lights, no problem. I got home and ordered two of them. Scott's a great guy to talk too and is very passionate about this product. Plus he is his own customer and a pinball addict himself. Well worth looking into.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wait, I'm not the only one? LOL. I'm thinking about putting these on my Crescendo...or trying anyways...I haven't been able to find a suitable way to flood the game with UV.

LOL!! Guess not...I've been custom painting stuff with UV paint since around 2010. That's one of the main reasons I'm looking at these. I've seen them on his AFM, MB, MET and all his other games when they were still in prototype stages and the UV effect looked really good. As some of these games have some UV already integrated into the artwork, so the Pinstadium lights help bring them out and make them pop!

Phoebe

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

LOL!! Guess not...I've been custom painting stuff with UV paint since around 2010. That's one of the main reasons I'm looking at these. I've seen them on his AFM, MB, MET and all his other games when they were still in prototype stages and the UV effect looked really good. As some of these games have some UV already integrated into the artwork, so the Pinstadium lights help bring them out and make them pop!
Phoebe

Yeah, I figured if nothing else they would end up on my MET. Because it's not already ridiculously illuminated with the Powerblades and full LEDs already. My only other choice is WPT (which is ...........oh damn....now you're going to make me want to have my Voltron art be UV reactive...CRAAAAAAAAPPPP!!!!) or Farfalla.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from cs3030:

I had a chance to talk to Scott. I got home and ordered two of them. Scott's a great guy to talk too and is very passionate about this product. Plus he is his own customer and a pinball addict himself. Well worth looking into.

Got to second that, Scott is a pleasure to talk to and happy to hear peoples thoughts on the product which shows he is a true class act. I will be ordering one to experiment tying into the GI, if he could add that out of the box as an option these would literally be the perfect lighting product, options to suit literally every need and application.

#140 6 years ago

Agree with all the comments about adding the GI feature. This really should be something incorporated into the default design since they have not been produced yet. Why would you NOT want this to mimic any controlled GI?

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why would you NOT want this to mimic any controlled GI?

For me one of the huge benefits of this is the added lighting it provides to help with live streaming. Best way for this to help with that is to be separate and always on. So having that as at least an option is a must for me.

#142 6 years ago

I placed my order. Can't wait! Now which will get here first, Alien or these light?

Here's a basic, no solder relay, anyone can use to control power to these via GI. All you do is stick two wires with alligator clips on the two screws on the left. Then you clip the alligator clips to whatever GI bulb or lamp socket you want. Then you cut the positive power line running to your stadium lights and stick each cut end into the screws on the right. Voila! Whenever your GI lighting has power the relay is closed and the stadium lights come on.

20170424_003800 (resized).png20170424_003800 (resized).png

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me one of the huge benefits of this is the added lighting it provides to help with live streaming. Best way for this to help with that is to be separate and always on. So having that as at least an option is a must for me.

A good solution to this would be a relay with a switch...so they could be on all the time OR only be on when the games GI lights were on.

I put a relay with a 3 way switch on my LED backboard for my Spider-Man. It has an always on, always off and GI controlled setting depending on how the switch is flipped.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got to second that, Scott is a pleasure to talk to and happy to hear peoples thoughts on the product which shows he is a true class act. I will be ordering one to experiment tying into the GI, if he could add that out of the box as an option these would literally be the perfect lighting product, options to suit literally every need and application.

Thank you and I really appreciate everyone's excitement and input. This is exactly what fuels a great product.

GI is definitely a possibility and I'll test it out myself and keep everyone posted.

I'm trying to make this as simple and affordable as possible for everyone (a lot are not handy and don't do DIY) , and if this is easily done and feasible I'll consider including it as an optional upgrade and be sure to email everyone before they ship to give you the chance to upgrade. Same goes with the color changing integrated machine driven flashers. It's in Aerosmith being tested now.

I'll get to working on this also and try to bulletproof a solution or at least help you guys to instruct you on what you would need to do either way !!!

#145 6 years ago

If you're going to develop something to interface to the GI I would go with an opto-isolator rather than a relay.

http://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/optocoupler-circuits

The downside is if the game uses GI dimming the led's will flicker when dimmed and for those who are sensitive to flickering they will actually always be flickering once GI is used as the control circuit. It would take additional circuitry to solve those issues (something like herg's GI OCD)

For those of us who aren't into colored GI can you post some before and after photos without the RGB led's being used.

#146 6 years ago

Order placed!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I placed my order. Can't wait! Now which will get here first, Alien or these light?
Here's a basic, no solder relay, anyone can use to control power to these via GI. All you do is stick two wires with alligator clips on the two screws on the left. Then you clip the alligator clips to whatever GI bulb or lamp socket you want. Then you cut the positive power line running to your stadium lights and stick each cut end into the screws on the right. Voila! Whenever your GI lighting has power the relay is closed and the stadium lights come on.

Thank you for your order and glad you like the product, it will look good on your Alien. When I saw the one at the show Gary from Abel Electronics told me to take look at it as he felt it could really benefit from the Pin Stadium kit. He was right, it was a beautiful playfield (plays like a solid BW) but so dark that you couldn't see much of the excellent artistry Heighway has done.

As far as that adapter, that is a 12v adapter and your GI is 5v so you would need to get a different relay that steps it up because the LED's are 12v. You may experience some latency with it also since its a mechanical system. Let me do my testing on my machines with the kits to see what I can come up with and I will keep everyone posted on this.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

If you're going to develop something to interface to the GI I would go with an opto-isolator rather than a relay.
http://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/optocoupler-circuits
The downside is if the game uses GI dimming the led's will flicker when dimmed and for those who are sensitive to flickering they will actually always be flickering once GI is used as the control circuit. It would take additional circuitry to solve those issues (something like herg's GI OCD)
For those of us who aren't into colored GI can you post some before and after photos without the RGB led's being used.

Fine idea. By good fortune eBay is full of opto-isolators for $5-10 ea. I'll do more research.

#149 6 years ago

I'm confused. Is the light strip RGB W and UV?all on the same strip? Or is this UV flasher something else?

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm confused. Is the light strip RGB W and UV?all on the same strip? Or is this UV flasher something else?

The UV Flasher is not on the same strip as the RGBW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.