(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 165.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Sweet Holy Pop Bumpers! Installed on MB. Pics only show 25% of the real life improvement. The play field colors now pop and it’s perfectly lit. I had some difficulty installing, because I’m a moron, and got fast and accurate support from pinstadium staff.

Hey glad you got it up and going and are enjoying your MB with them installed. Thank you again for your order and I hope that this breathed new life into your game. I think the MB playfield does extraordinarily well with the UV+Glow especially when triggered by the Frankenstein flasher. That playfield was designed UV reactive from the factory fortunately little did we know until now. Glad to help you out.

#1302 6 years ago

Great news, the first Pin Stadium kit just got shipped out to a lucky customer that owns the machine. Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos of this one. Should be quite the show on such a cool game! Thanks Scott Danesi for such a creative game that everyone loves.

TnA_Glass (resized).jpgTnA_Glass (resized).jpg

#1303 6 years ago

How are you planning to hook these in TNA? I am not confident the 12v supply has enough headroom to power these up and how does it integrate with the already existing full RGB lights? Are you powering off an external transformer?
--Scott

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

How are you planning to hook these in TNA? I am not confident the 12v supply has enough headroom to power these up and how does it integrate with the already existing full RGB lights? Are you powering off an external transformer?
--Scott

Scott,

I am powering it off a 12v adapter and not from your boards directly just to be safe until you and I are able to test a direct connection to the boards.

Feel free to email me and I will get you the specs. [email protected]

#1305 6 years ago

Thank you Scott for making this happen so quickly! The TNA and Pin Stadium connection is plug and play now!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/88#post-4172376

#1306 6 years ago

The first Guardians of the Galaxy LE is getting Pin Stadiums. I will post pics and more details as they become available.

762DD570-61D1-4E63-9844-C920507B85FF (resized).jpeg762DD570-61D1-4E63-9844-C920507B85FF (resized).jpeg

A724F60E-D7C7-4483-B120-0A9D6728077C (resized).jpegA724F60E-D7C7-4483-B120-0A9D6728077C (resized).jpeg

4B126B0A-8F45-4A51-839E-DAA59F7BEE58 (resized).jpeg4B126B0A-8F45-4A51-839E-DAA59F7BEE58 (resized).jpeg

27C75FB9-A605-4B45-ABD0-9D7EE2A543BF (resized).jpeg27C75FB9-A605-4B45-ABD0-9D7EE2A543BF (resized).jpeg

#1307 6 years ago

It's been said a million times on Pinside and elsewhere - but Scott at Pinstadium is an awesome dude and a huge help with installation. I'm pretty new at owning pinballs, so the terms flasher and GI are greek to me. I spent a lot of time on the phone with him today getting my lights installed, and they are looking great on my RBION. Many thanks Scott!

IMG_2736 (resized).JPGIMG_2736 (resized).JPG
IMG_2737 (resized).JPGIMG_2737 (resized).JPG
IMG_2734 (resized).JPGIMG_2734 (resized).JPG
IMG_2738 (resized).JPGIMG_2738 (resized).JPG

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

It's been said a million times on Pinside and elsewhere - but Scott at Pinstadium is an awesome dude and a huge help with installation. I'm pretty new at owning pinballs, so the terms flasher and GI are greek to me. I spent a lot of time on the phone with him today getting my lights installed, and they are looking great on my RBION. Many thanks Scott!

Thank you !! It was really a pleasure talking to you and helping you out. It’s great that you are getting into the hobby and doing such cool stuff with your RBION by putting the Pin Stadiums on it.

Thanks for posting up these pics as it truly looks remarkable. I hope you are enjoying the new version of your Ripleys machine tonight!!

Scott

#1309 6 years ago

A tip I would like to post up for the customers installing it one MET(recently asked)

The question abou the GI module option and if it properly supports the Fade to Black mode. Yes the Pin Stadiums turn off on that mode and all of the others as it should for quite the show!!

In addition it is suggested that you trigger the UV+Glow feature with the Sparky flashers for a theatrical experience. Here is a video of it in action:

#1310 6 years ago

How close are those of us who made an order from the 1st?

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

How close are those of us who made an order from the 1st?

Currently orders are about 4 weeks but I am making some production improvements that are going to shorten this going forwards. Orders are doubling and now tripling so I need to improve even further and will.

#1312 6 years ago

Got some installed in my X-Men. Pics just don’t do justice on this mod. I’ll be putting them in my LOTR tomorrow.

42BE9990-8F86-401F-B678-157A7E6B529B (resized).jpeg42BE9990-8F86-401F-B678-157A7E6B529B (resized).jpeg

398ACCA0-CD28-4B40-9111-3F4198034473 (resized).jpeg398ACCA0-CD28-4B40-9111-3F4198034473 (resized).jpeg

74C4D9C8-7E4E-488C-A9CD-D5E9EFDA6CF7 (resized).jpeg74C4D9C8-7E4E-488C-A9CD-D5E9EFDA6CF7 (resized).jpeg

9137B4AE-500E-46B0-9662-1EEAC5384D3F (resized).jpeg9137B4AE-500E-46B0-9662-1EEAC5384D3F (resized).jpeg

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Got some installed in my X-Men. Pics just don’t do justice on this mod. I’ll be putting them in my LOTR tomorrow.

That's the first X-Men (LE) that I have seen with them installed!! (several kits have been shipped for it, but this is the first pic) Looking extremely good and thank you for your multiple orders of them, wow!

Not one moment goes by when I do not acknowledge that none of this would be possible without each and every one of you supporting the product with your orders and spreading the word to other pinball collectors. I wanted to express my gratitude to you all. Thank you again and thank you wdpvideo for this post!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

I'm not surprised that the parts of your GI are out in your game since you are new unless they were removed on purpose for a more dramatic before/after effect. There is GI bulb under your ramp diverter on the right side (as you can see in the picture) and I can't recall if there is another one on the left side by the magnet too. Anyways, thanks for posting your thanks in this dedicated thread instead of creating a separate one and no doubt Scott is a great guy to deal with

image-21 (resized).jpgimage-21 (resized).jpg

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I'm not surprised that the parts of your GI are out in your game since you are new unless they were removed on purpose for a more dramatic before/after effect. There is GI bulb under your ramp diverter on the right side (as you can see in the picture) and I can't recall if there is another one on the left side by the magnet too. Anyways, thanks for posting your thanks in this dedicated thread instead of creating a separate one and no doubt Scott is a great guy to deal with

You are right there is a whole GI section out for sure in the middle. I bet and hope it's a blown fuse. It did make it even more dramatic for sure and I doubt he even was aware of that Good call and good eye! I will message him to make sure he sees this post so he can address that. I guess if anything it's testament to what it can do with you have GI sections out. Yikes!

I did have a customer who had a TWD on route and ordered the Pin Stadiums because a section of the GI went out and he struggled with finding the issue. He installed them and then said he just pulled the fuse out of the other side. That one cracked me up. It is surely not how I recommend using them but he was happy so it was all good!

Thanks again!

Scott

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

There is GI bulb under your ramp diverter on the right side (as you can see in the picture) and I can't recall if there is another one on the left side by the magnet too.

Thanks for the heads up man. Definitely not intentional and probably partly explains why the middle of my playfield was so damn dark. Any idea how I would trouble shoot this? I'll check my manual after work and see if there is a guide to the fuse that might be involved with that section. I probably don't need the extra light with the pinstadiums installed, but I'd like to fix the issue.

#1317 6 years ago

I got him pointed in the right direction he should be good now

#1318 6 years ago

Just installed these on my MMr. The whole process took less about 30 minutes including app set-up. I think they are indeed a very impressive light system. I also now understand the issue with the pictures you see online vs in real life. There is a 3 dimensional aspect to this lighting system that is really not able to be expressed via a flat picture or video. The lighting is somewhat immersive when you are in front of the machine and engages you further with the gaming experience. Not sure about how it would look for other machines, but for my rather dark MMr, it is a very nice upgrade and I think worth the $$.

Scot: I do have one suggestion for a possible future upgrade. A 3rd mode set-up for ATTRACT only. I'd like to have the lights flashing in attract mode through the 7 different colors, then go to my selected GI color during an actual game, with the UV glow options used when the flashers are lit. Not sure how you could do that from a design/build perspective other than some wired link to the START button with a delay built-in. (Eg, after 60 minutes without pressing START, the ATTRACT mode kicks in and stays on until START is pressed, going then to the selected PLAY Lighting Mode.)

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Just installed these on my MMr. The whole process took less about 30 minutes including app set-up. I think they are indeed a very impressive light system. I also now understand the issue with the pictures you see online vs in real life. There is a 3 dimensional aspect to this lighting system that is really not able to be expressed via a flat picture or video. The lighting is somewhat immersive when you are in front of the machine and engages you further with the gaming experience. Not sure about how it would look for other machines, but for my rather dark MMr, it is a very nice upgrade and I think worth the $$.
Scot: I do have one suggestion for a possible future upgrade. A 3rd mode set-up for ATTRACT only. I'd like to have the lights flashing in attract mode through the 7 different colors, then go to my selected GI color during an actual game, with the UV glow options used when the flashers are lit. Not sure how you could do that from a design/build perspective other than some wired link to the START button with a delay built-in. (Eg, after 60 minutes without pressing START, the ATTRACT mode kicks in and stays on until START is pressed, going then to the selected PLAY Lighting Mode.)

I’m glad to hear that you are impressed with them in your MMR. You make an excellent point about the immersive 3D aspect of the experience of them that pictures and videos fall short of properly capturing. Thank you for posting your review of these and also you input for future enhancements too!

#1320 6 years ago

Bringing light not just to pinball but to children's lives too! We donated a full blown GI Module with UV+Glow set to the Make-A-Wish Foundation at Expo and the winner (highest bidder) just put in his order. Special thanks to their generosity!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

makeawish (resized).pngmakeawish (resized).png

#1321 6 years ago

The first Houdini set of Pin Stadiums is shipping out tomorrow! Pics coming very soon after the install.

732BFB35-0F14-457E-88D0-4C35022AF3EC (resized).jpeg732BFB35-0F14-457E-88D0-4C35022AF3EC (resized).jpeg

78568191-95DC-45E6-B00A-363C5D3D9D05 (resized).jpeg78568191-95DC-45E6-B00A-363C5D3D9D05 (resized).jpeg

BF9AE128-D0DC-454B-BA5E-1963D5505CAF (resized).jpegBF9AE128-D0DC-454B-BA5E-1963D5505CAF (resized).jpeg

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The first Houdini set of Pin Stadiums is shipping out tomorrow! Pics coming very soon after the install.

Who has that one? That’s the bad old one that Jpop touched. Ewwwwww. Haha

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who has that one? That’s the bad old one that Jpop touched. Ewwwwww. Haha

Good call ! I updated the pics accordingly. Thanks!!

#1324 6 years ago

Pin Stadium’s factory is pumping fast and efficiently. Tons of orders have been going out and more to come.

Here is a snapshot of one group of shipments leaving out this morning to some very excited customers. Thank you all again for your incredible support for this product!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

7B6A8A01-C7A5-46A3-9C33-C51C7E15D994 (resized).jpeg7B6A8A01-C7A5-46A3-9C33-C51C7E15D994 (resized).jpeg

#1325 6 years ago

I have a few sets installed on my pins. I don't have any crazy color effects and the brightness of the white lights is set to 40-50% In my opinion, the pinstadium lights virtually eliminate the need for anti-glare/invisiglass.

Just something to consider if you are looking to drop $300 on glass.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

I have a few sets installed on my pins. I don't have any crazy color effects and the brightness of the white lights is set to 40-50% In my opinion, the pinstadium lights virtually eliminate the need for anti-glare/invisiglass.
Just something to consider if you are look to drop $300 on glass.

now that would be a great addition if this eliminates glare and provides similar experience to prem glass. Would love to comment but still waiting on mine to arrive. Seems like production is ramping up which is great to hear.

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

Just something to consider if you are look to drop $300 on glass.

There have been a lot of customers with similar observations. It is due to the fact that the quality of the lighting on playfield under the glass allows it to be brighter and the focal point to the player. Prior to the Pin Stadiums the DMD, backglass, and room lighting was brighter than most sections of the playfield and therefore caused the contrast reflection.

After installing them, the result is that the reflections are heavily reduced and/or removed in case. This is what the feature “Invisi-Look” is referencing.

C5A148BB-2C04-4B2C-A968-FD148B8AC69E (resized).pngC5A148BB-2C04-4B2C-A968-FD148B8AC69E (resized).png

#1328 6 years ago

Do they fit on P2k ?

#1329 6 years ago

Congrats on your 2017 Best Pinball Mod TWIPY Scott!

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Do they fit on P2k ?

Yes they do fit on them.

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

Just something to consider if you are looking to drop $300 on glass.

Invisiglass or PDI benefits are best seen (regarding reducing glare) in a lit room, due to the reason the op states...this product obviously raises total color temp under the glass, period.

Optical glass has a coating, however, and would argue that it still brings a noticeable difference to the visual quality of the game, regardless how the PF is lit. reducing reflectiveness is only one of the benefits, imho...

#1332 6 years ago

Pin Stadium is 2017 Mod of the year!!!!
Congratulations to Scott at Pinstadiums. Hard work & Dedication pays off. Thank you for your contribution to the Pinball industry. I hope 2018 Brings you and your company lots of sucsess.

The people have spoken and votes do not lie. If you were on the fence with buying this great product. Jump on over because it is phenomenal. This is a product that you must see in person to truly appreciate. Excellent customer service and support.

Congratulations Pin Stadium Lighting.

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Congrats on your 2017 Best Pinball Mod TWIPY Scott!

Hey thank you so much! I appreciate all of you guys supporting the product and taking the time to vote too!! Such a great award and it means a lot because it means a lot of smiling faces as a result of the Pin Stadiums. It makes all of the hard work worth it for sure!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Invisiglass or PDI benefits are best seen (regarding reducing glare) in a lit room, due to the reason the op states...this product obviously raises total color temp under the glass, period.
Optical glass has a coating, however, and would argue that it still brings a noticeable difference to the visual quality of the game, regardless how the PF is lit. reducing reflectiveness is only one of the benefits, imho...

I agree that there is no doubt a difference on my machines with Pin Stadiums that have regular glass and the ones with the Invisi or PDI. It makes the regular glass appear as those they have Invisi or PDI, and the ones actually with it, it makes them disappear completely. You are correct!!

#1335 6 years ago

Great upgrade on GOTG, I can see my game! Tied the flasher to the orb, puts on a good light show. Super easy install

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I agree that there is no doubt a difference on my machines with Pin Stadiums that have regular glass and the ones with the Invisi or PDI. It makes the regular glass appear as those they have Invisi or PDI, and the ones actually with it, it makes them disappear completely. You are correct!!

Congrats on the award as well!!! easily the best deployment of "above the playfield" strip led tech to date. I can't quite get there yet for my machines, but I'm am electronic geek, and truly admire what you have done!!!....mark

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Pin Stadium is 2017 Mod of the year!!!!
Congratulations to Scott at Pinstadiums. Hard work & Dedication pays off. Thank you for your contribution to the Pinball industry. I hope 2018 Brings you and your company lots of sucsess.
The people have spoken and votes do not lie. If you were on the fence with buying this great product. Jump on over because it is phenomenal. This is a product that you must see in person to truly appreciate. Excellent customer service and support.
Congratulations Pin Stadium Lighting.

Wow thank you very much for your outstanding support for the product and the positive encouragement. I appreciate all of your orders too that you have placed and you always being a great supporter of not just Pin Stadium but this entire pinball industry.

It’s nice to see everyone so happy and excited when they get these installed and really is what is the reward for me. I’ll keep doing what I am doing and also to continue ingenuity going forward with the Pin Stadium product line. This is just the start and many good things are to come. Thanks all!!

Scott

#1338 6 years ago

just a quick note to the pinstadium guys - please check your supply of alcohol wipes. The one i received was just a dry piece of paper stuck inside the package. Also looking for any game specific install on my Metallica Pro as to which flashers are best to connect to for the best effect/ Thx

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

just a quick note to the pinstadium guys - please check your supply of alcohol wipes. The one i received was just a dry piece of paper stuck inside the package. Also looking for any game specific install on my Metallica Pro as to which flashers are best to connect to for the best effect/ Thx

Hey sorry that this occurred and the one I sent must have had a small tear in the side that I did not see. When I package them I have to tear two packets apart and I bet during the process I tore into yours a little and between here and Canada it dried out. I apologize for that.

As far as MET here are pictures of the best place to trigger the UV+Glow flashers. It will be one of the two Sparky flashers. I found that to be the most dramatic and impressive results because it triggers them when you bash him and also when he starts multiball.

You can connect onto either of the two flashers in the pictures with the orange wire. On the terminals with the black insulation I have found that you can just bend them down toward the bare wood of the playfield and just clip close on to the edge nearest to the bulb (versus slightly trimming the insulation back which works too). I hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can email me directly at [email protected] and I can respond even faster to you.

Also here is a video of it in action also:

E627D424-4D95-4C57-BA6B-9E0CE901B34B (resized).jpegE627D424-4D95-4C57-BA6B-9E0CE901B34B (resized).jpeg
F6E2673F-2705-4ABA-8061-A9B031FDAD00 (resized).jpegF6E2673F-2705-4ABA-8061-A9B031FDAD00 (resized).jpeg

#1340 6 years ago

Thx Scott, Have my lights all installed and the look great!! easy app to use as well-very cool stuff

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx Scott, Have my lights all installed and the look great!! easy app to use as well-very cool stuff

Awesome I am glad to hear you got them installed and that you are loving them. I bet your MET is looking super nice!! Glad to help.

Scott

#1342 6 years ago

Hey guys. Just got a Dialed In LE this week. I decided to get a kit and installed it today. DILE is already considered one of the best lit playfields out of the box but it was still a pretty huge difference to me. Hope you enjoy the photo of the machine in a pitch black room vs pinstadium in a pitch black room. 1st one is of 75% white 100% blue and the 2nd photo is 100%white/white.

FB3B6ADD-1FBE-488A-B0E6-3708ADB77FBE.jpegFB3B6ADD-1FBE-488A-B0E6-3708ADB77FBE.jpeg

5D0B8D26-EB7B-4BA6-A066-02198EEABF1D.jpeg5D0B8D26-EB7B-4BA6-A066-02198EEABF1D.jpeg

#1343 6 years ago

I finally started installing kits this weekend and started with my ruby red WOZ. I have the 2.0 light boards so things are a little different than some others on where to grab the flasher/glow effect.
There's a single connector under the witch that has controls both the red LED flasher on the witch and the white LED which stays on constant while the witch is up. I decided for now to connect it to the white LED so it glows rather than flashes, but it's easy to grab either pin. Here are a couple pictures for reference.
I'm still experimenting with where to grab a signal that'll go out when in lights out mode or just after you lock a ball and it goes dark. On the 2.0 system every LED has a four pin connection which is ground, then power for the R, G, and B LEDs in the module, so if you tie to one it'll flash as the colors rotate. If anyone has a spot on a 2.0 please attach a picture, but I'll find one eventually and post when I do.
All that said, I'm incredibly happy with the system. I have the settings quite mild with the brightness at ~20% for now, but it is amazing the difference the uniform lighting makes in playability. I can't wait to get them installed on the rest of my pins.

IMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4920 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Minor correction on the wiring for the RGB LEDS. There is one power wire and separate grounds which are switched (not that it makes any difference to the pin stadium connection).

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

I finally started installing kits this weekend and started with my ruby red WOZ. I have the 2.0 light boards so things are a little different than some others on where to grab the flasher/glow effect.
There's a single connector under the witch that has controls both the red LED flasher on the witch and the white LED which stays on constant while the witch is up. I decided for now to connect it to the white LED so it glows rather than flashes, but it's easy to grab either pin. Here are a couple pictures for reference.
I'm still experimenting with where to grab a signal that'll go out when in lights out mode or just after you lock a ball and it goes dark. On the 2.0 system every LED has a four pin connection which is ground, then power for the R, G, and B LEDs in the module, so if you tie to one it'll flash as the colors rotate. If anyone has a spot on a 2.0 please attach a picture, but I'll find one eventually and post when I do.
All that said, I'm incredibly happy with the system. I have the settings quite mild with the brightness at ~20% for now, but it is amazing the difference the uniform lighting makes in playability. I can't wait to get them installed on the rest of my pins.

Glad you are enjoying them on WOZ and your multitude of other machines. You have almost surpassed the highest number Pin Stadiums any one person has purchased. Thank you for your incredible support and love for the product!!

Regarding the WOZ flasher pic that was very helpful and a good post. I will also help you with the last piece of the connection you are trying to make so that it works for you. The 2.0 is new and a little different than the other machines. I will help you to figure that out.

Thanks again!

Scott

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Do they fit on P2k ?

I really like Pinstadiums (have purchased ten for my games so far), but I will not put them on my two P2K games. I talked with Scott about this at Pinball Expo. Pinstadiums will physically fit in P2K and he says the lights can be dimmed down to avoid washing out the reflected TV image on the playfield glass. But Scott had not actually installed a kit in an RFM at that time. Personally I do think they would wash out the reflected image. And if you turned them down low to avoid washing out the image, then you'd lose most of their benefit.

#1346 6 years ago

Well, I just installed my first set of pinstadium lights on my MMR. All I can say is WOW! What a huge difference. I never realized how dark MMR was. My wife kept making me turn the pinstadium lights on and off so she could see the difference. She was absolutely amazed and said it was the best thing I’ve bought for my Pinball hobby. Lol. Here are the before and after pictures. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. The UV Glow flashers are amazing too! Lastly, the app puts pinstadium lights over the top. You have complete control over the lighting. One more thing, the customer service from Scott is unsurpassed. Literally the best you will experience. Thanks Scott!!

115F734F-7CEF-4707-BD6A-118690197B82 (resized).jpeg115F734F-7CEF-4707-BD6A-118690197B82 (resized).jpeg

684D39D7-4407-4748-82BD-13B10DF65898 (resized).jpeg684D39D7-4407-4748-82BD-13B10DF65898 (resized).jpeg

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Good info on the flasher. I'm curious what you find with the GI. Mine is always on with the current connection.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Well, I just installed my first set of pinstadium lights on my MMR. All I can say is WOW! What a huge difference. I never realized how dark MMR was. My wife kept making me turn the pinstadium lights on and off so she could see the difference. She was absolutely amazed and said it was the best thing I’ve bought for my Pinball hobby. Lol. Here are the before and after pictures. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. The UV Glow flashers are amazing too! Lastly, the app puts pinstadium lights over the top. You have complete control over the lighting. One more thing, the customer service from Scott is unsurpassed. Literally the best you will experience. Thanks Scott!!

That’s is great news and I am glad that your wife is loving them to. It’s always good when you can impress your wife with your fun and non-stop hobby. Thank you for posting these pictures up and also for your kind words. Your game looks exceptional and I’m glad that you are happy with the results. I appreciate your business and support too!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1349 6 years ago

Judge Dredd owners -

TLDR – Highly recommended. I am very happy with Pin Stadiums on my Judge Dredd. However, I needed an external power supply on my Pin Stadiums (which Scott quickly provided) because of my add-ons (ColorDMD, LED OCD boards) - otherwise I blew fuse F116. For the GI connection I used one of the GI lights under sling shot plastics. For the Flasher connection I used the Globe flasher.

I successfully installed Pin Stadiums with GI and UV options in my JD. Installing in JD was easier than my AFMr because there was more for the alligator clips to clip onto. For GI I connected to the exposed prongs on a GI bulb socket under the sling shot plastics. For Flasher I connected the Flasher clips to the Deadworld Globe flasher. For that, I started at connector J122 on the Planet Opto PC board located under the playfield under Deadworld and traced the blue and red wire to a connector that ran to the flasher in the globe (ref. pg. 3-7 in manual). It had a red-white wire (ground) in addition to the blue-red wire. I was able to connect using the included wire jumpers out of the socket. I was going to connect the flasher to the left ramp Police lights but felt that would be too distracting. The Globe blinks on and off at a more comfortable interval. Also, the Magnamount (magnetic strips) is very tight when raising and lowering the playfield but manageable.

As mentioned, I initially blew F116 but once I disconnected the Pin Stadiums from the Power Driver board and plugged it up to the service outlet, I was back in business again. The app is easy to use and offers a lot of color and pattern options. I now keep the room lights on dim when playing.

Scott was GREAT as has been said before. If I could request one thing from Scott it would be to include a Pin Stadium key chain or an attachment (like a ribbon with a small rubberband on one end) that can be put on the release lever to remind me to remove the light strips before raising the playfield.

Thanks and congrats on a great product!

#1350 6 years ago

Pinstadium recently installed on Spiderman. Very happy with the result. Have tried to keep the look as enhanced 'factory' in terms of colouring and not over-bright.

Connected flasher to Venom flasher and the effect when you hit the Venom ramp and also when multiball starts is excellent.

I used 20/33/133 RGB and 52% Brightness 13 % Warm White for this before/after.

20180121_174422 (resized).jpg20180121_174422 (resized).jpg
20180121_174435 (resized).jpg20180121_174435 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180124-082106 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180124-082106 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/27?hl=db666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.