(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 165.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I do have a color DMD and upgraded speakers etc so it did max out the 12 volt so even after swapping to a new rottendog board it still blew the fuse and I noticed the cannon got slow. Once I made my power supply and took off the pinstadium lights everything went back to normal.
Before I had pinstadium I never noticed the slower cannons and somewhat weak flippers but with the new rottendog board and pinstadium on the service outlet the game plays like new. I plan on fixing my old board - as other firms write weak bridge rectifiers are the culprit.
I just think STTNG is just a game with so much going on it’s always going to need an external power supply- it will for sure with a color dmd and pinstadium.

I think as long as you have a solid 12V (I rebuilt mine a while ago), no other mods besides ColorDMD and don't crank the brightness up above ~40% you'll be alright. Or at least that's worked on mine so far and last night I moved the flasher trigger to one in the Borg ship which keeps it on a LONG time during Borg MB and that didn't blow the fuse of make the cannons or flippers weak. I thought it would turn off after the initial start of MB but I was wrong and I think it stays on too long this way so I'll be moving it back to another flasher. I caught some video of it and once I edit it for time I'll upload it and post it here.

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hey Scott.....how close are the Black Friday orders in getting shipped out??? Yes, I have no patience........lol!!

They are in production and right now orders are about 4 weeks out so if that gives you any idea. I know you excited to get them and can't blame you. Just recently I have picked up a few games and couldn't even wait to get them in my own machine. As to not take from production I used ones that I pulled out during QC for me to use. They were ones that I considered 2nd's quality, even though they would seem fine for most I am just extra particular with what I let leave out of the Pin Stadium factory if that makes sense.

I will email everyone tracking information when they go to ship, and they were being process in the order received. Thanks again for everyone's tremendous support (and then some) on this product. Thank you all for being patient and Pin Stadiums are leaving rapidly out every day! Orders have tripled in the last 2 months so though it seems it's been about the same time frame, production is increasing greatly if that makes sense

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This means PinStadium DOES NOT power on/off with the game, correct? You plug it / unplug it every time you want to use it, right?

The lights will still power On/Off so all will be normal but technically the wifi signal will be broadcasting which is no biggie.

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think as long as you have a solid 12V (I rebuilt mine a while ago), no other mods besides ColorDMD and don't crank the brightness up above ~40% you'll be alright. Or at least that's worked on mine so far and last night I moved the flasher trigger to one in the Borg ship which keeps it on a LONG time during Borg MB and that didn't blow the fuse of make the cannons or flippers weak. I thought it would turn off after the initial start of MB but I was wrong and I think it stays on too long this way so I'll be moving it back to another flasher. I caught some video of it and once I edit it for time I'll upload it and post it here.

I am sure I could have made it work but lower the light level to me defeats the purpose of pinstadium lights.

The extra power supply is easy enough to do.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Pin stadium on WCS is one of the best mods you can do, it really compliments the colors and lights areas up like the upper PF. Add a color DMD and call it done!

Hey glad you love them and thanks enthusiasm for the Pin Stadiums. I have to agree ColorDMD is awesome! I think they agree too because they are a customer of Pin Stadiums and vice-versa. Good combination and I have their product on almost all of my machines. The only reason I don't have it on the others is just because they just came out with them and I need to place an order!

#1156 6 years ago

Is there a way to put a disconnect on them so that when raising/lowering the playfield the lights are easier to remove?

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Is there a way to put a disconnect on them so that when raising/lowering the playfield the lights are easier to remove?

There was a way to do this during the initial design/testing process however the reason why it was decided not to be implemented was that after numerous reiterations and prototypes, these disconnect points (from the Pin Stadium PCB module through the wiring to the LED light bars} created weak points in the system. As a result the extra expense of a Bally/Williams quality ribbon cable was added between these two connection points to allow a sturdy construction and rugged long term reliability. It also made the "memory" ribbon cable length feature possible in order to retain the proper distance to the mounting glass slide in point through the cable clamp retention system.

When raising and lowering the playfield you can simply rest them under a plastic, ramp, or habitrail to secure them. Each game will be different, but you will find a specific location that works best. Most of the time the return habitrail or ramp holes above the inlanes work really well.

#1158 6 years ago

Do they have to be hooked up to a phone/internet to work?
Can I just turn them on and go?

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

No

Yes

You will have to live with the default settings though. Cannot change the colors or brightness.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No
Yes
You will have to live with the default settings though. Cannot change the colors or brightness.

Default mode on mine was 7 color jump. That’d be annoying long term

I am sure you could borrow a buddy’s phone for 5 minutes to help you configure the GI to something you’ll be happy with and lock it in.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

They generate their own WiFi so any Android or iPhone/iPad would work. And if you want I could set it up personally for your particular machine before it ships if that would help.

#1162 6 years ago

I was thinking about these for games on location is why I ask.
Can anybody with a cell phone down load the app and then change the settings on them in a public location?

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Can anybody with a cell phone down load the app and then change the settings on them in a public location?

If you left the Wifi on the Pin Stadiums unprotected, then anybody with the app could potentially connect and change the settings. You can set a password on initial setup, then lock in your settings and leave it be.

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Default mode on mine was 7 color jump. That’d be annoying long term
I am sure you could borrow a buddy’s phone for 5 minutes to help you configure the GI to something you’ll be happy with and lock it in.

Haha. That stinks for the default settings. Mine was just a basic cool white look. I guess whatever the last thing scott tested on the bench would be what it is when you get it.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

If you left the Wifi on the Pin Stadiums unprotected, then anybody with the app could potentially connect and change the settings. You can set a password on initial setup, then lock in your settings and leave it be.

Josh is correct you can secure them on the initial setup and be good to go.

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Also I meant to mention that a lot of operators are getting these for their routes as they increase visibility dramatically and they draw people in. When I designed them I have to admit I did not think about how beneficial they would be for operators trying to increase the plays on their games, but it makes sense and from the looks of the sales of them to these for this purpose I have to say it's a great idea.

#1167 6 years ago

Don't know what to get for the holidays or for that special collector you know?

There have been a lot of requests for Pin Stadium gift certificates for the holidays. This gift card gives you the ability to get the ultimate Pin Stadium set up (GI module with UV+Glow) for the pinball machine of your choice. Upon completing the purchase we will email you your gift card certificate that you can print and give to that special someone or yourself. Happy Holidays!

Here is the link to purchase:
https://pinstadium.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

christmas_gift_card (resized).pngchristmas_gift_card (resized).png

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Don't know what to get for the holidays or for that special collector you know?
There have been a lot of requests for Pin Stadium gift certificates for the holidays. This gift card gives you the ability to get the ultimate Pin Stadium set up (GI module with UV+Glow) for the pinball machine of your choice. Upon completing the purchase we will email you your gift card certificate that you can print and give to that special someone or yourself. Happy Holidays!
Here is the link to purchase:
https://pinstadium.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

That's some cool artwork you have there.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's some cool artwork you have there.

Thanks you! By the way your light up legs looked really cool on that Dialed In CE that was posted up a few threads back. Good work!

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Also I meant to mention that a lot of operators are getting these for their routes as they increase visibility dramatically and they draw people in. When I designed them I have to admit I did not think about how beneficial they would be for operators trying to increase the plays on their games, but it makes sense and from the looks of the sales of them to these for this purpose I have to say it's a great idea.

If i didnt have to dismantle them to take them out every time I need to lift the playfield, then I would agree.
If you come up with a quick disconnect so that they can EASILY be removed let me know!

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

If i didnt have to dismantle them to take them out every time I need to lift the playfield, then I would agree.
If you come up with a quick disconnect so that they can EASILY be removed let me know!

Either way you slice it the light bars will have to be taken off the sides of the game. I agree that having a quick disconnect on the back of them would help completely take them out of the game faster, but it sounds like it would sacrifice some of the reliability of the system.

Laying them on the playfield takes some getting used to, but it’s not a big deal at all. This coming from someone that is lifting playfields with these lights in the game constantly.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Initially I thought the same, but having the disconnects is a lot more work to do than just laying them down and placing them, aside from the stress on the wiring harness. Also there is no need unless you were doing a playfield swap, and even then you can rest them down inside of the cabinet too.

I did fail to mention that removing the entire Pin Stadium only requires 3 quick disconnects if you wanted to transfer it to another game or lift it out for any reason, so it is that easy if you would like but the other method is much more simple. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain until you have them in your hands. The best thing to do is try one set and then I feel it will be clearer the advantage of this design. That's what each of the operators did initially, although some did order in volume from the get go too since they had seen them in person at Expo.

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Initially I thought the same, but having the disconnects is a lot more work to do than just laying them down and placing them, aside from the stress on the wiring harness. Also there is no need unless you were doing a playfield swap, and even then you can rest them down inside of the cabinet too.
I did fail to mention that removing the entire Pin Stadium only requires 3 quick disconnects if you wanted to transfer it to another game or lift it out for any reason, so it is that easy if you would like but the other method is much more simple. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain until you have them in your hands. The best thing to do is try one set and then I feel it will be clearer the advantage of this design. That's what each of the operators did initially, although some did order in volume from the get go too since they had seen them in person at Expo.

I have used / serviced pins with these on them, thats why Im asking about the quick disconnect, having them flopping around in the way, or the "retention system" coming apart is really inconvenient.
If you decide to implement the idea please let us know and I would most likely purchase your product for several games.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

I have used / serviced pins with these on them, thats why Im asking about the quick disconnect, having them flopping around in the way, or the "retention system" coming apart is really inconvenient.
If you decide to implement the idea please let us know and I would most likely purchase your product for several games.

They key to getting them to stay is to find the sweet spot on each machine and tucking them firmly under the rail or plastic, however in your case it sounds like the best thing for you would be to use the 3 disconnects (they unplug and plug in) at the base of the unit and that will let you remove them in under just a few seconds. I have not documented this since most use the other method. However based upon what you explained then this would be perfect for you as it was designed for this also. Thank you for the input as this may help others also!

#1175 6 years ago

Well something incredible has just happened, and it's thanks to you guys that have believed in the product and experienced it first hand. The 500th Pin Stadium was just sold and the last few weeks have been record breaking. Special thanks to all of our loyal customers who have supported us and the following:

Trent from Tilt Amusements (would not have happened if it wasn't for him, period! He was the first to allow this to be displayed in his machines at the shows)
Zach and Greg SDTM ZMeny
Nick and Kevin from Buffalo Pinball KevInBuffalo
Rudy Soup rudysoup
TWIP pin2d
The Canadian Arcade JoshODBrown
and more!!!!!!!

Some interesting facts: 67% of the Pin Stadiums ordered were re-orders from existing customers, and the top order for a single customer is 28! (there were many with a close 2nd) and you all know who you are. Can't thank you enough. Now back to work!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

500th (resized).png500th (resized).png

#1176 6 years ago

Congratulations Scott. I am sure it is just the beginning.

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks you! By the way your light up legs looked really cool on that Dialed In CE that was posted up a few threads back. Good work!

Hey thanks, I really like how the look on DI. Oh you and I really got blasted on the clown puke topic didn't we. I just can't wrap my head around why some people have to be so cruel, we both have great products and our service is top notch.

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Congratulations Scott. I am sure it is just the beginning.

Thank you so much!!! It’s been a blast for sure.

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey thanks, I really like how the look on DI. Oh you and I really got blasted on the clown puke topic didn't we. I just can't wrap my head around why some people have to be so cruel, we both have great products and our service is top notch.

I don’t know as I only have time to check in here on this topic. Just focusing on what’s important. That’s all you can do!

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just focusing on what’s important.

Yup, the customer is more important and Congratulations on your 500th sale.

#1181 6 years ago

I have a few sets but as far as I can tell, this may be the first for a Gottlieb system 3, here is Stargate (My before pic is all purple, as now I dont need the whites..) .. i have a youtube install video ready and will post as well, a few differences with Gottliebs..

Before:

20171207_141214 (resized).jpg20171207_141214 (resized).jpg

#1182 6 years ago

After in blues and purple..

20171208_093423 (resized).jpg
And warmer:

[att=4124692,1136954 caption="20171208_143341 (resized).jpg20171208_093423 (resized).jpg And warmer: [att=4124692,1136954 caption="20171208_143341 (resized).jpg

#1183 6 years ago

And warmer

20171208_143341 (resized).jpg20171208_143341 (resized).jpg

#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Totally agree!

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, the customer is more important and Congratulations on your 500th sale.

Thank you!!! I appreciate that.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I have a few sets but as far as I can tell, this may be the first for a Gottlieb system 3, here is Stargate (My before pic is all purple, as now I dont need the whites..) .. i have a youtube install video ready and will post as well, a few differences with Gottliebs..
Before:

Yes you are the first to post and install them on this Gottlieb system. Your pics are excellent and wow did this really bring this game out!! I have never played one before and seeing it like this is intriguing. Looking forward to the install videos. Please post them up here if you have time. Thank you for your orders!

#1187 6 years ago

Here are some compilation pics of Monster Bash with the Pin Stadiums installed (GI module and with UV+Glow). Someone had just asked about this machine so I figured I would post this here too.

FDF02020-DE2E-45D1-9DFA-7CCD65E94A8D (resized).jpegFDF02020-DE2E-45D1-9DFA-7CCD65E94A8D (resized).jpeg

#1188 6 years ago

Important note on the Monster Bash when the Pin Stadiums were installed, I was able to pull out out 7-8 LED spotlights that I had installed in an attempt to increase the illumination. By themselves they still were inadequate, but better than factory however the big issue was were the spotlights weren't shining. It was very dark in those areas and created a lot of contrast to the point where the ball got lost at times in those various areas.

I spent a few hours installing the spotlights a couple years back and mounting them, versus about 15 minutes putting the Pin Stadiums in. Once installed you could not see the spotlights lighting benefit any longer and the playfield was then evenly lighted, so I pulled them all out where I could easily or pulled the bulbs out(those kept falling out) on ones that were more difficult to remove.

The best location for the UV+Glow was to trigger it from the Frankenstein flasher, very cool effect. Some may have seen this video, but since I have had a few requests I thought it best to repost it here:

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

...and the top order for a single customer is 28!

Just curious, was I the guy that ordered 28?

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Just curious, was I the guy that ordered 28?

Yes that would be you! You have many close on your heels, but you are leading the pack for the moment.

Thank you for being an amazing customer and also being an early supporter of the product! That will never be forgotten either.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1191 6 years ago

The light show is amazing with UV glow

20171215_183015 (resized).jpg20171215_183015 (resized).jpg

20171215_184457 (resized).jpg20171215_184457 (resized).jpg

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Glad you are liking it and it looks super cool. I have not seen it on this machine yet. Thanks for posting this up for all to see.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Thank you so much for posting these! I've been asking for pics of Pin Stadium installed on a TFTC.

Do you have the UV glow hooked up to the flashers or GI?

Looks great!!

#1195 6 years ago

Introducing the 2017 TWIPY Pinball Awards!

Vote NOW for your favorite mod, artwork, favorite theme, favorite podcast, etc.
Takes two minutes, **VOTE HERE**: https://goo.gl/forms/5tUPMcGcVPiZe0Eo2

There is a special section to vote for your favorite mod too. If you like Pin Stadium I would be very grateful for you to vote for this in that category. It means that more people will hear about the product and get a chance to see and hear about what Pin Stadiums can do for their pinball should we win. You the customer are what fuels the success of Pin Stadium. It’s how it all got started and continues to thrive. Thank you!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

DC7448C5-ADDB-4583-9850-63D12599D3F0 (resized).jpegDC7448C5-ADDB-4583-9850-63D12599D3F0 (resized).jpeg

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thank you so much for posting these! I've been asking for pics of Pin Stadium installed on a TFTC.
Do you have the UV glow hooked up to the flashers or GI?
Looks great!!

Yeah i got uv glow and all the flashers arent really shot specific as much as they are mode specific so you can connect any where really

#1197 6 years ago

Finally installed GNR today. White turned up brings out the artwork really well. After and before shots.

04483FEB-EF86-4999-8BCF-6DAC288DF676 (resized).jpeg04483FEB-EF86-4999-8BCF-6DAC288DF676 (resized).jpeg
0060AF5B-2312-4D2C-B65E-E78D84BA28EA (resized).jpeg0060AF5B-2312-4D2C-B65E-E78D84BA28EA (resized).jpeg

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Finally installed GNR today. White turned up brings out the artwork really well. After and before shots.

Thanks you for posting this up and I am sure that in person it looks even better! It's so hard to truly capture these moments and the results that you see if when they are installed. This is the first I have seen them on GNR, how cool!!

What is even cooler than all of this, volkdrive is the first Pinsiders to place an order from this Pin Stadium Announcement post in the Pre-Order days. You sir are the one of the ones that started it all on here and that really says a lot. You saw the vision early and you had faith that it would come to fruition. Wow, thank you for this and it will never be forgotten. If it was not for customers such as yourself, many others would not have been able to experience the Pin Stadiums on their machine. Also, I see that you just placed another order for even more of them, thank you!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

trophy (resized).jpgtrophy (resized).jpg

#1199 6 years ago

Order in for F14 and High Speed as my club requested those 2 for our upcoming expo in May (Yegpin). They were requested for the tournament, so will get Pin Stadium, Titan rubbers and flipper mech upgrade to WPC style spring for better reliablility. Already play well, but these will make them much better.

#1200 6 years ago

Just installed them on my new AFMR LE. I cant get enough of these

20171217_164049 (resized).jpg20171217_164049 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.