(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 165.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

slim64 / pinstadium , could you tell me exactly what items to order that would work best with Addams Family? thanks!

Sure thing, he ordered for his customer the GI module and UV+Glow as that also works very well with Addams Family. Here is a brief video of them installed on TAF with that flasher option and some before and after pics that were posted up.

D02B3B78-BEB2-43CB-8EAE-5AF47C1F6FD7 (resized).jpegD02B3B78-BEB2-43CB-8EAE-5AF47C1F6FD7 (resized).jpeg

#1102 6 years ago

One note too on TAF is that it uses the graveyard flasher a lot I found that it’s frequency was a little to much for me to connect the flasher option to and a few others agreed. Moving it to another flasher that is less used like the left side ramp and others would be better. Just some tips and some others that have installed them feel free to post where you are using them on TAF.

#1103 6 years ago

So TFTC that utilizes a flasher like crazy....where should it be installed to lessen the chance of a seizure?

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So TFTC that utilizes a flasher like crazy....where should it be installed to lessen the chance of a seizure?

Try and find one that’s barely used. Maybe one of the backboard flashers.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try and find one that’s barely used. Maybe one of the backboard flashers.

OK thanks. I'll try to locate one on the backboard

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

OK thanks. I'll try to locate one on the backboard

Were you able to find a location you preferred?

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Were you able to find a location you preferred?

Not yet....working a set of nightshifts and will take a gander after my set. Will most likely order after Xmas.....

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Not yet....working a set of nightshifts and will take a gander after my set. Will most likely order after Xmas.....

Okay just checking as I wasn’t sure if you were in the middle of an install. However now you will be prepared when you do get a set.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay just checking as I wasn’t sure if you were in the middle of an install. However now you will be prepared when you do get a set.

I tend to do a bunch of research/analysis & deliberating. So i'll be prepared

Your product looks good

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I tend to do a bunch of research/analysis & deliberating. So i'll be prepared
Your product looks good

Hey nothing wrong with that thank you for you interest in the Pin Stadiums for your machine. Feel free to post here or you can send me a email directly at: [email protected] if you have any more questions. I’m happy to help!!

#1111 6 years ago

I put these to images together from BladeFury post he put up earlier in this thread. It shows a great side by side comparing of the Pin Stadiums “On” and “Off” On his Dialed in CE. Pretty cool results!!

Here is the original post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/22#post-4113049

7EFB31CE-D338-4191-8BC6-D57615FDAB31 (resized).jpeg7EFB31CE-D338-4191-8BC6-D57615FDAB31 (resized).jpeg

#1112 6 years ago

37FEF5DA-644B-4FF8-9C2A-EEF763A0EE84 (resized).jpeg37FEF5DA-644B-4FF8-9C2A-EEF763A0EE84 (resized).jpeg

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Just installed on my Dialed In CE and holy sh$t another mod that is must have for all my games for now On! Until you see them in person don't hate! The lighting is incredible, you sir have hit a home run!! Blings nice with mirror blades Before & after pics...
Thanks,
Eric

I had someone ask for a video of this if you have time to do it. It would be cool to see them in action. Your Dialed In CE is a hit!

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I had someone ask for a video of this if you have time to do it. It would be cool to see them in action. Your Dialed In CE is a hit!

Will do later today!

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Will do later today!

Looking forward to it!!!

#1116 6 years ago

About to install one of these into a STTNG, but I've seen lots of reports of it blowing fuses when added to a game with a ColorDMD, which mine has. Any recommendations on how to safely and reliably add this to a ColorDMD STTNG?

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

About to install one of these into a STTNG, but I've seen lots of reports of it blowing fuses when added to a game with a ColorDMD, which mine has. Any recommendations on how to safely and reliably add this to a ColorDMD STTNG?

Every one of my games with the exception of two have color DMD and I have not had any problems. The problems that you have heard of have been weak boards that weren’t delivering the proper power and when they added color DMD and Pin Stadium it exposed the weakness. They have since resolved the issue by repairing the board or they used an external 12 V adapter. I think you should be fine.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

How is the install going for you on STTNG?

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Every one of my games with the exception of two have color DMD and I have not had any problems. The problems that you have heard of have been weak boards that weren’t delivering the proper power and when they added color DMD and Pin Stadium it exposed the weakness. They have since resolved the issue by repairing the board or they used an external 12 V adapter. I think you should be fine.

I added it to STTNG and with color DMD the issues popped up right away. Pinstadium was responsive answered emails etc. But, he is right weak bridge rectifiers show through even a rottendog board swap for me did not help I ended up doing a external power supply and now it work perfect.

There is the wire form on the right side that Pinstadium kisses on install so you see some reflection off that but it is still awesome.

Big shout out for the Pinstadium guys they answer email inquires super fast and support their product.

I love it on STTNG I should upload pictures but i am traveling now but it is worth it.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I added it to STTNG and with color DMD the issues popped up right away. Pinstadium was responsive answered emails etc. But, he is right weak bridge rectifiers show through even a rottendog board swap for me did not help I ended up doing a external power supply and now it work perfect.
There is the wire form on the right side that Pinstadium kisses on install so you see some reflection off that but it is still awesome.
Big shout out for the Pinstadium guys they answer email inquires super fast and support their product.
I love it on STTNG I should upload pictures but i am traveling now but it is worth it.

and Pictures? I have a STTNG too, and would love to see how it looks with the Pinstadium lights.

#1121 6 years ago

Before with just pinstadium flashers on!

After with Full Pinstadium lighting on

Yep huge difference!!

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Looking forward to it!!!

Hope this helps!

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Hope this helps!

These are excellent videos and your recording is great quality. This is what a lot of people have been wanting to see on this game. Super thanks for taking the time to post this up. Great job and your Dialed In CE looks remarkable with them!!

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Hope this helps!

What camera are you using to film this? It really captures it nicely and accurately which is hard to do with the lighting and effects on these games with the Pin Stadiums installed. Your videos are like seeing them in person and look excellent.

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

and Pictures? I have a STTNG too, and would love to see how it looks with the Pinstadium lights.

I emailed a request to a couple customers who have them on the STTNG asking them to post up pics and I am sure when wamonkey returns he will be more than happy to post them up also.

#1126 6 years ago

Has anyone put one in a WCS yet?

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I haven’t as mine looks fine without it, but I can swap my set into WCS so you can see before and after pics. I could probably get this done later this week.

One thing that worries me about it fitting is the coin toss mech. Not sure if that will allow pinstadium to fit.

#1128 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t as mine looks fine without it, but I can swap my set into WCS so you can see before and after pics. I could probably get this done later this week.
One thing that worries me about it fitting is the coin toss mech. Not sure if that will allow pinstadium to fit.

Man that is totally unnecessary but would be awesome! I'm about to put LEDs in my game in a few weeks so maybe that'll change things. I was also curious about the coin toss and how it would fit in there.

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I installed a set for Bud on his nicely restored WCS at Expo and it made a huge difference on it. I asked him to post up pics the other day when another Pinsider asked about this too, but someone saw his game with them in it and bought it. It clears fine in there although it was a little close but still room, it worked great. Feel free to message him and ask him what he thought as he left as a very happy camper at show with them. He may have the guy's contact info he sold it to that could get you some pics also. I hope that helps out.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Good news, he is in contact and is going to post pics up later on today for STTNG!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I emailed a request to a couple customers who have them on the STTNG asking them to post up pics and I am sure when wamonkey returns he will be more than happy to post them up also.

Yes, I promise I will post pics or a video. Someone has to suffer in a resort in Mexico sitting by the pool and having drinks all day first.

I will take a pic of the additional power supply.

STTNG looks awesome with Pinstadium so happy to show it off. My game is a home use only so it looks great.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

What camera are you using to film this? It really captures it nicely and accurately which is hard to do with the lighting and effects on these games with the Pin Stadiums installed. Your videos are like seeing them in person and look excellent.

Just a galaxy S8 plus phone on a selfie stick lol!

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Just a galaxy S8 plus phone on a selfie stick lol!

Love it! That thing films like a champ. Thanks for letting me know.

#1134 6 years ago

Posting up some pics of IMVE with the Pin Stadium installed with mirror blades. Since the Pin Stadium mounting design was built to accommodate them along with art blades, pinblades, mirror, or combo of the two it works great. Just be sure to go slow and raise the playfield straight and you will be fine!! Also there is no reflection of the LED's seen off the mirror blades either(commonly asked question).

F0239FFE-6D70-4CBA-B67F-07E03F293AFC (resized).jpegF0239FFE-6D70-4CBA-B67F-07E03F293AFC (resized).jpeg

963CB084-3CB3-4E07-9361-53DD234621E8 (resized).jpeg963CB084-3CB3-4E07-9361-53DD234621E8 (resized).jpeg

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yes, I promise I will post pics or a video. Someone has to suffer in a resort in Mexico sitting by the pool and having drinks all day first.
I will take a pic of the additional power supply.
STTNG looks awesome with Pinstadium so happy to show it off. My game is a home use only so it looks great.

Great thanks and enjoy your time there. We look forward to the pics of it!

#1136 6 years ago

Herr are the Pin Stadium app settings that were used in these pic of Iron Man Vault. There is a mix of before and afters in here.

746A0C32-BCF8-4386-9CA9-AB691DC40B00 (resized).jpeg746A0C32-BCF8-4386-9CA9-AB691DC40B00 (resized).jpeg

#1137 6 years ago

Here is some raw video footage of the IMVE with the GI module and UV+Glow flasher options. It’s quite the show and takes an already intense game to another level, enjoy!!

#1138 6 years ago

Here are some photos of my STTNG without the lights, with the lights on full bright, and what I call the "deep space look". Awesome product Scott!

IMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG
IMG_3265 (resized).JPGIMG_3265 (resized).JPG
IMG_3103 (resized).JPGIMG_3103 (resized).JPG

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

IMG_2969 (resized).JPGIMG_2969 (resized).JPG

IMG_2970 (resized).JPGIMG_2970 (resized).JPG

#1140 6 years ago

Pin stadium on WCS is one of the best mods you can do, it really compliments the colors and lights areas up like the upper PF. Add a color DMD and call it done!

#1141 6 years ago

Well shit. Looks like I’ll have to swap these into my WCS soon for a spin. Haha

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Pin stadium on WCS is one of the best mods you can do, it really compliments the colors and lights areas up like the upper PF. Add a color DMD and call it done!

I saw this WCS in person at Expo and you did a tremendous job on that thing. The nicest example of a WCS I have seen personally. Thank you for posting this for Pale_Purple and other WCS owners to see!

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz55:

Here are some photos of my STTNG without the lights, with the lights on full bright, and what I call the "deep space look". Awesome product Scott!

Cool pics, the "Deep Space" is a little too purple looking for me but I know it probably looks different in person. What did you connect the GI and Flasher to, assuming you got those options? I just moved my new kit for PM over to STTNG since Scott was nice enough to provide the wiring harness and it looks pretty damn good so far. I tested it with brightness cranked but it blew the fuse as soon as one of the cannons ran, I did this in test because I expected it might with the ColorDMD installed. I connected the GI to one of the very back PF GI bulbs and the flasher to one behind the neutral zone. The result is really cool with both color and warm white set to ~30% which is about where I generally prefer them so far. I want to try to connect the flasher to the ones inside the Borg ship because I think the effect when Borg MB starts (the ship stays lit for some period of time) should be really cool, if it's not too much. It's good to see that the GI integration plays nice with GI OCD, if I ever decide to put a kit in STTNG permanently I may try wiring it to the shield GI to see how it does during Borg MB as well.

I'll break out the DSLR and tripod to capture some shots and video later tonight and try to get them posted if I can stop playing long enough.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Cool pics, the "Deep Space" is a little too purple looking for me but I know it probably looks different in person. What did you connect the GI and Flasher to, assuming you got those options? I just moved my new kit for PM over to STTNG since Scott was nice enough to provide the wiring harness and it looks pretty damn good so far. I tested it with brightness cranked but it blew the fuse as soon as one of the cannons ran, I did this in test because I expected it might with the ColorDMD installed. I connected the GI to one of the very back PF GI bulbs and the flasher to one behind the neutral zone. The result is really cool with both color and warm white set to ~30% which is about where I generally prefer them so far. I want to try to connect the flasher to the ones inside the Borg ship because I think the effect when Borg MB starts (the ship stays lit for some period of time) should be really cool, if it's not too much. It's good to see that the GI integration plays nice with GI OCD, if I ever decide to put a kit in STTNG permanently I may try wiring it to the shield GI to see how it does during Borg MB as well.
I'll break out the DSLR and tripod to capture some shots and video later tonight and try to get them posted if I can stop playing long enough.

Glad that you got that hooked up in there and looking forward to the pics and vids of it. As far as the fuse blowing, I have not seen other machines have this issue (unless they have had a weak power board and multiple mods) but STTNG seems like it is ma if you have more than one mod on there, replacing that fuse with a slightly higher amperage instead of a 3A you could try a 3.5a SB (not as recommended as the later) if you need extra power that should be safer and better or we could just do a 12 adapter plug for your service port and that would work fine and you could move ColorDMD or the Pin Stadium to that. I am curious if wamonkey has a ColorDMD also.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad that you got that hooked up in there and looking forward to the pics and vids of it. As far as the fuse blowing, replacing that fuse with a slightly higher amperage instead of a 3A you could try a 3.5a SB if you need extra power that should be safe or we could just do a 12 adapter plug for your service port and that would work fine and you could move ColorDMD or the Pin Stadium to that. I am curious if wamonkey has a ColorDMD also.

I do have a color DMD and upgraded speakers etc so it did max out the 12 volt so even after swapping to a new rottendog board it still blew the fuse and I noticed the cannon got slow. Once I made my power supply and took off the pinstadium lights everything went back to normal.

Before I had pinstadium I never noticed the slower cannons and somewhat weak flippers but with the new rottendog board and pinstadium on the service outlet the game plays like new. I plan on fixing my old board - as other firms write weak bridge rectifiers are the culprit.

I just think STTNG is just a game with so much going on it’s always going to need an external power supply- it will for sure with a color dmd and pinstadium.

#1146 6 years ago

Hey Scott.....how close are the Black Friday orders in getting shipped out??? Yes, I have no patience........lol!!

#1147 6 years ago

Just placed an order for my WOZRR. That game really needs help in the lighting department!
Look forward to it. Thanks!

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I do have a color DMD and upgraded speakers etc so it did max out the 12 volt so even after swapping to a new rottendog board it still blew the fuse and I noticed the cannon got slow. Once I made my power supply and took off the pinstadium lights everything went back to normal.
Before I had pinstadium I never noticed the slower cannons and somewhat weak flippers but with the new rottendog board and pinstadium on the service outlet the game plays like new. I plan on fixing my old board - as other firms write weak bridge rectifiers are the culprit.
I just think STTNG is just a game with so much going on it’s always going to need an external power supply- it will for sure with a color dmd and pinstadium.

This means PinStadium DOES NOT power on/off with the game, correct? You plug it / unplug it every time you want to use it, right?

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This means PinStadium DOES NOT power on/off with the game, correct? You plug it / unplug it every time you want to use it, right?

I believe since you still have it hooked to the GI, unless the GI is on, the lights will be off. They will put off the WiFi signal however I believe.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe since you still have it hooked to the GI, unless the GI is on, the lights will be off. They will put off the WiFi signal however I believe.

Bingo!

bingo (resized).pngbingo (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.