(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 165.
#1051 6 years ago

I just installed the Pinstadium lights on my MMR remake. It's an incredible difference. I highly recommend

IMG_5412 (resized).JPGIMG_5412 (resized).JPG

IMG_5413 (resized).JPGIMG_5413 (resized).JPG

#1052 6 years ago

Hate to say this but I was playing JJPotc today and thought it really could benefit from pinstadium lighting.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

I just installed the Pinstadium lights on my MMR remake. It's an incredible difference. I highly recommend

Hey great before and after of the MMR. Thank you for posting this for all to see. It really shows the dramatic difference of the Pin Stadiums on that machine!! I run my app settings with red at 100% and the white around 75-85%.

You are right about the UV+Glow when the castle is destroyed. It’s so cool and I was able to capture it rather well in this video. That part starts right about 1:00 into the video and then another round of it at 1:16:

#1054 6 years ago

So here’s my newly installed PinStadium lights on my Metallica Pro. I’m still playing around with the colors and brightness but these make a HUGE difference and make playing more enjoyable.

Scott is also a great dude who is top notch when it comes to customer service. He took time out of his Saturday to help me troubleshoot some issues I was having. I’ll be ordering one for my Kiss machine very soon. This is one of those must-have mods in my opinion. It really does pop out the play field.

376F54B3-F16B-4BCD-92CB-C7DD90EC93D3 (resized).jpeg376F54B3-F16B-4BCD-92CB-C7DD90EC93D3 (resized).jpeg

METONE (resized).jpgMETONE (resized).jpg

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

So here’s my newly installed PinStadium lights on my Metallica Pro. I’m still playing around with the colors and brightness but these make a HUGE difference and make playing more enjoyable.
Scott is also a great dude who is top notch when it comes to customer service. He took time out of his Saturday to help me troubleshoot some issues I was having. I’ll be ordering one for my Kiss machine very soon. This is one of those must-have mods in my opinion. It really does pop out the play field.

I’m glad to help you and thank you for the kind words also! The Magna-Mounts in the picture need to be raised to just below the glass line on the inside wall of the cabinet. I have attached a picture of where to mount them and also a before and after of how much brighter it will once it is raised and mounted in that location.

You are going to be even more impressed as you are gettting only a small benefit of the lighting effect right now. Raise them to them to the edge and you will then get the full experience of them. He is a pic of a MET with them mounted up in the area I am talking about just below where the glass slides in. I will message you also to show you what I mean. I hope this helps.

F1F51B08-33FC-4D4D-BAA4-6333AB80CFFA (resized).jpegF1F51B08-33FC-4D4D-BAA4-6333AB80CFFA (resized).jpeg
BB07A476-C929-4ECD-9FC4-B69B01E18C2E (resized).jpegBB07A476-C929-4ECD-9FC4-B69B01E18C2E (resized).jpeg

A5FFE088-060D-4616-B619-C782B629AF20 (resized).jpegA5FFE088-060D-4616-B619-C782B629AF20 (resized).jpeg

#1056 6 years ago

Actually I checked and it is installed correctly. I think it was the way I had the lights set up to my liking. My phone doesn't take great pics in my opinion either. I did go ahead and add a different one above which I think is brighter now.

#1057 6 years ago

Anyone have any before/after pics with a TFTC?

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Actually I checked and it is installed correctly. I think it was the way I had the lights set up to my liking. My phone doesn't take great pics in my opinion either. I did go ahead and add a different one above which I think is brighter now.

Looks great and awesome job!!!

The Canadian Arcade just posted this review and install video of Pin Stadiums on Stern Star Wars!

#1059 6 years ago

What a wonderful product! The technology is far superior than anything I have experienced in pinball mods. I wish I could invest in this company because this product will be huuuuge!

C4917E01-98B9-41F1-A956-429CCAD3671E (resized).jpegC4917E01-98B9-41F1-A956-429CCAD3671E (resized).jpeg

A3EC726C-ACE6-45F5-9B65-06D231180030 (resized).jpegA3EC726C-ACE6-45F5-9B65-06D231180030 (resized).jpeg

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

What a wonderful product! The technology is far superior than anything I have experienced in pinball mods. I wish I could invest in this company because this product will be huuuuge!

Thank you for the pics that you shared (looks so nice!) and also your comments are really appreciated. Glad that you are happy and thanks for the 2nd order you just placed a few minutes ago too for your other games! None of this would have been possible without our customers and support like this. Thank you Jackpin

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1061 6 years ago

"You get a prize!"

Be sure to check out Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show on Youtube, Twitch, and Facebook. This month they have a special Holiday Happy Giveaway and the grand prize is a set of Pin Stadium lights! Watch for their "secret codes" this month of December on their channels and register here to win: http://pinstadium.com/sdtm/

Watch this video for more information:

ZMeny Hollywoodbone

#1062 6 years ago

Have there been any customers that have used pin stadium light with a sopranos machine?

#1063 6 years ago

I am interested in picking up some of these for my TSPP. I searched through here and checked the youtube but was not able to find them installed on one. Does anyone have some photos of these installed on a TSPP? I am leaning towards the UV+Glow flashers but would love to see what they look like on the machine. Also perhaps someone can help me understand exactly what the GI plug in for $60 does, checking pinside website and 8 pages into this thread and I was not able to really figure it out.

Thanks for the help,

#1064 6 years ago

I'm also thinking the UV+ glow flashers for my TFTC...

Wouldn't mind seeing pics if possible.

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Have there been any customers that have used pin stadium light with a sopranos machine?

Not yet and it would be awesome to see on that machine. Be sure to specify that you will be installing it on Sopranos as there is a game specific plug and play adapter for the Pin Stadium for that machine.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from dstruked:

I am interested in picking up some of these for my TSPP. I searched through here and checked the youtube but was not able to find them installed on one. Does anyone have some photos of these installed on a TSPP? I am leaning towards the UV+Glow flashers but would love to see what they look like on the machine. Also perhaps someone can help me understand exactly what the GI plug in for $60 does, checking pinside website and 8 pages into this thread and I was not able to really figure it out.
Thanks for the help,

Several have ordered for that machine but I have not seen the before and afters posted up yet, but I would love too! I would recommend the UV+Glow for TSPP for sure as it will look really good with that playfield. The GI module allows the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadium lights and syncs them with the game’s GI for a very theatrical performance, versus them just staying on the entire time. Here is a clip from the Canadian Arcade review explaining them. The link below takes you right to that section of the video:

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Several have ordered for that machine but I have not seen the before and afters posted up yet, but I would love too! I would recommend the UV+Glow for TSPP for sure as it will look really good with that playfield. The GI module allows the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadium lights and syncs them with the game’s GI for a very theatrical performance, versus them just staying on the entire time. Here is a clip from the Canadian Arcade review explaining them. The link below takes you right to that section of the video:
» YouTube video

Thanks for the information. Order placed, can't wait to try them out.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from dstruked:

Thanks for the information. Order placed, can't wait to try them out.

Wow that was quick and thank you for your order. I look forward to seeing them on TSPP!!!

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Some quick pics.... Especially the Gorgar which was really dark.

Can you post On vs. Off pics of Gorgar?

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm also thinking the UV+ glow flashers for my TFTC...
Wouldn't mind seeing pics if possible.

They have been ordered for this machine also, but I have not seen pics. However I do have a friend that has this machine and I took a look at it closely to determine that the UV+Glow would look superb on it too!

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Looks like a bogus, staged before pic. Your spotlights are off.

And what's with all the staged-looking before/after posts from brand new Pinsiders?

Regardless whether this product is good or not, my BS meter is going off.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Can you post On vs. Off pics of Gorgar?

I would love to see the Before on that one too as the After looks awesome, it would be neat to see the comparison!

#1073 6 years ago

Updated the instructions on the website for all JJP machines with the new 2 pin style adapter. Connection for WOZ/Hobbit is behind the computer in the lower cabinet behind the computer tower and JJP behind the backglass. Also another update were the general instructions specifically the Pin Stadium power connector may be orange or white now depending on the production run. There is no difference in function, but just wanted to clarify that in the instructions.

diupdated (resized).pngdiupdated (resized).png
woz_new-power (resized).pngwoz_new-power (resized).png

#1074 6 years ago

I think I'm ready to take the plunge... Should I start with SW premium, MMR, MET pro or TOM?
Also, it looks like UV Glow and GI plug in is the way to go?
What is that available option for pinball name?

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I think I'm ready to take the plunge... Should I start with SW premium, MMR, MET pro or TOM?

The GI module and the UV+Glow Flasher options are what 98% of what orders come in as they do well with most every machine. The GI module syncs the pinball machine and Pin Stadiums together and the UV+Glow ignites the playfield when it is triggered by the flasher of your choice when you install it. The "Pinball name" is where you type which pinball machine each on will be for since they are made to build for a plug and play connection for each one. I hope that helps, also just saw your email come in too and I will respond to that also. Thanks.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looks like a bogus, staged before pic. Your spotlights are off.
And what's with all the staged-looking before/after posts from brand new Pinsiders?
Regardless whether this product is good or not, my BS meter is going off.

Staged before pic? They are actual pictures I took. Not sure why you would think that. What qualifies as legit picture and why would I go through that much trouble? It is what it is... an actual picture without the PS lights and then with them on.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Staged before pic? They are actual pictures I took. Not sure why you would think that. What qualifies as legit picture and why would I go through that much trouble? It is what it is... an actual picture without the PS lights and then with them on.

Your spotlights don't even appear to be on, and one of them is pointing sideways. (People would go through that trouble to exaggerate how much of a difference they make to help sell more lights)

#1078 6 years ago

Also updated in the app instructions section is an explanation of the Pin Stadium account that you can set up within the app. This allows all of your game specific light customization settings to be saved across multiple devices should you ever get a new phone, want to control with more than one device at a time (ie: iPad and iPhone, or Android and tablet, etc) or maybe if another user/friend/family member wants to use your login and password to use them too on their phone.

This feature also give you the ability to remote control them from any where in the world, not that you would need to but you could adjust your buddy's TWD with your preferred settings and help him out if you gave you the permissions. You could also mess with him and turn his lights off while he is playing or change the colors on the machine

The remote access ability could be useful for operators who are not on location but would like to control their Pin Stadiums from their office or home etc.

pinstadiumaccount (resized).jpegpinstadiumaccount (resized).jpeg

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Your spotlights don't even appear to be on, and one of them is pointing sideways. (People would go through that trouble to exaggerate how much of a difference they make to help sell more lights)

Yes I ended up turning it straight again as it had moved during my eyeball install. The lights are working fine though. Cheers!

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Hey thank you for your order earlier!

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Yes I ended up turning it straight again as it had moved during my eyeball install. The lights are working fine though. Cheers!

Ya man..your before and after photos are crazy difference! they make your playfield glow! You couldn't install enough spotlights to make it look that good!

#1082 6 years ago

Has anyone put these on a TOM that can post some pictures? Also Scott, I doubt it but, is there any chance that an order placed now would make it in time for Christmas?

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Has anyone put these on a TOM that can post some pictures? Also Scott, I doubt it but, is there any chance that an order placed now would make it in time for Christmas?

There have been many orders for TOM but I have not seen the before and afters on that yet posted here, however I did have them installed on my TOM during the design/creation of these. I have since sold the machine and removed them prior. I will see if I can find some pics or I can ask a customer to post them up. The results were remarkable!

Ship time is still a few weeks out so hard to say. Production is being ramped up even further due to the high volume of orders, it’s been paced rather well as orders have doubled recently and turn around has remained about the same time so that’s why I say that production has ramped up and is going great. The goal is still to shorten turnaround time even further. Thank you again all for your support on this product!!!

#1084 6 years ago

Just installed on my Dialed In CE and holy sh$t another mod that is must have for all my games for now On! Until you see them in person don't hate! The lighting is incredible, you sir have hit a home run!! Blings nice with mirror blades Before & after pics...
Thanks,
Eric

1512709077744992540017.jpg1512709077744992540017.jpg

1512709156425127696312.jpg1512709156425127696312.jpg

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Just installed on my Dialed In CE and holy sh$t another mod that is must have for all my games for now On! Until you see them in person don't hate! The lighting is incredible, you sir have hit a home run!! Blings nice with mirror blades Before & after pics...
Thanks,
Eric

Your games are always over the top.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Thanks,
Eric

Thank you for posting this up and putting it on such a top notch machine a CE!!! I’m glad you are happy with them. I also sent you an email with some tips on the best locations to connect the GI module and the UV+Glow too!!

Your support and enthusiasm is very appreciated and even more now that we all get to see this on your beautiful Dialed In, wow!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1087 6 years ago

Posting up some tips on here for Iron Man owners that are installing the Pin Stadiums. I recommend connecting to the Right Ramp(Top) flasher to trigger the UV+Glow as it will ignite every time you hit the right ramp but even better each of the drone targets! Here are couple videos one of the GI result and the other of a slow motion of the UV+Glow in action.

GI results:

UV+Glow effects:

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
beforeandafterIMVE (resized).pngbeforeandafterIMVE (resized).png

#1088 6 years ago

Interesting to see the lights on a Dialed In, a game I really didn't think needed them. Now Pirates on the other hand really needs them (after seeing the game in person)

Scott has gotten really good at taking "off" pictures that match what the game looks like in real life, but it seems people are commenting that some people off /before pictures are too dark. So if you're going to post pics, please do the Pinstadium and Scott justice by adjusting your exposure so that the pics on and off, represent to your eye the brightness of the playfield.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Interesting to see the lights on a Dialed In, a game I really didn't think needed them. Now Pirates on the other hand really needs them (after seeing the game in person)
Scott has gotten really good at taking "off" pictures that match what the game looks like in real life, but it seems people are commenting that some people off /before pictures are too dark. So if you're going to post pics, please do the Pinstadium and Scott justice by adjusting your exposure so that the pics on and off, represent to your eye the brightness of the playfield.

And make sure all the spot lights are on. People love to bitch about those being off too.

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Posting up some tips on here for Iron Man owners that are installing the Pin Stadiums. I recommend connecting to the Right Ramp(Top) flasher to trigger the UV+Glow as it will ignite every time you hit the right ramp but even better each of the drone targets! Here are couple videos one of the GI result and the other of a slow motion of the UV+Glow in action.
GI results:
» YouTube video
UV+Glow effects:
» YouTube video

This ironman with pinstadium looks amazing. Still need to get one for my shadow.

#1091 6 years ago

After being hesitant, I believe BM66 and WOZ will be my first 2 attempts. Probably covered earlier here, but the games sitting side by side don't catch too much light from the effect in game adjacent?

Have there been any issues with power consumption, and could these be run on external power supply (believing 12v)?

Thanks....mark

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

After being hesitant, I believe BM66 and WOZ will be my first 2 attempts. Probably covered earlier here, but the games sitting side by side don't catch too much light from the effect in game adjacent?
Have there been any issues with power consumption, and could these be run on external power supply (believing 12v)?
Thanks....mark

There are not any issues with them being installed side by side, I have them all in my machines in a long row. The awning system hides the lights for the player next to the machine, 2 machines down then you can see them a little but it's comfortable on the eye and not distracting. They can be ran on a 12v adapter if you want, but it is not needed unless you have an old machine with board issues, but you should be just fine if your machine is good and have no issues.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I will have to be honest, when I got Dialed In I did not think I was going to need them but when I turned it on for the first time and my WPC machines were brighter I knew I needed to make an adapter for it. Now it is the machine with the best results and it's because of the GI effects in the game that JJP has programmed. It's crazy cool to see in person. Again I would not have expected it myself either and POTC would look great with them.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There are not any issues with them being installed side by side, I have them all in my machine in a long row. The awning system hides the lights for the player next to the machine, 2 machines down then you can see them a little but it's comfortable on the eye and not distracting. They can be ran on a 12v adapter if you want, but it is not needed unless you have an old machine with board issues, but you should be just fine if your machine is good and have no issues.

thanks!!! might throw in my AFMRLE as well on opening order...are these in stock? any holiday deals?

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

thanks!!! might throw in my AFMRLE as well on opening order...are these in stock? any holiday deals?

They are made to order, with the current volume order shipping time is about 4 weeks and working on getting that shorter. There was a Black Friday sale last month, but currently don't have a holiday special however you can enter "sdtm" or "buffalo" for 10% off thanks to those guys.

#1096 6 years ago

A recent question was asked if these work on BM66 and asked about the differences for that machine versus others. I figured I would post it up here just to help clarify the compatibility for those who have been recently introduced to the Pin Stadium product. The Pin Stadiums are made to order and are game specific and user specific (see below explanation about the GI module and Flasher options), however the other difference is the plug and play power adapter. So for BM66 the same kit for that machine would work on any Stern Spike 2 system such as Aerosmith, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc and any that come out going forward.

There are 2 options from that point once you lost which machine you want it for:

The GI module option (95% or more order this) allows the pinball machine to gain synchronous control of the Pin Stadiums which is in essence an extension to the original designer’s GI creation. This further enhances the gaming experience by keeping intact the lighting effects for modes, shots, attract mode. etc. When choosing this option you are in for a very theatrical lighting experience specific to each game. So when the GI goes “Off” and “On” so does the GI portion of the Pin Stadiums. It creates a concert stage under the glass

The UV+Glow is the flasher option that is the most popular and it is a separate set of lights embedded on the light bar under the stealth awning system of the Pin Stadiums. This easily connects to any flasher bulb or technically you can really choose to trigger from any bulb that is 4v-24v. This feature really brings the playfield alive and in essence visually ignites the artwork on the playfield on any game and there are many pinballs that have UV reactive art. I’m this scenario you will see some very cool super vivid colors coming to life.

I hope this helps to those who are new to this and anyone with them installed feel free to chime in if there is anything else that you might thing is helpful to explain to someone new to these.

Thank you!!

#1097 6 years ago

I know it's user preference, but is there a guide to which flasher is optimal to connect to? For instance, Wizard of Oz doesn't really have flashers (I don't think), so where would I connect to?

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

I know it's user preference, but is there a guide to which flasher is optimal to connect to? For instance, Wizard of Oz doesn't really have flashers (I don't think), so where would I connect to?

For WOZ there is only one flasher and it the red led flasher for the witch. Are you installing one now and do you need a pic? Feel free to email me: [email protected] and I can get it to you right away.

#1099 6 years ago

Here is a picture of the wires to tap for the witch on WOZ.

AB5EC774-F17D-41D3-93F2-621BF139C99E (resized).jpegAB5EC774-F17D-41D3-93F2-621BF139C99E (resized).jpeg

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Finally got around to installing the set I ordered for a "customer's" Addams Family. He was absolutely floored at how they look and couldn't be happier. Very easy install as well. I highly recommend these to anyone wanting to improve the lighting in their game.

Slim64 / pinstadium , could you tell me exactly what items to order that would work best with Addams Family? thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/22?hl=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.