(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 165.
#51 7 years ago

What about a game with not many LED's on the playfield? My POTC is pretty much stock.
Should I just get Stadium lighting and pass on the LED's?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What about a game with not many LED's on the playfield? My POTC is pretty much stock.
Should I just get Stadium lightin and pass on the LED's?

I am not sure anyone but you is qualified to answer that question. I would defiantly try this product before adding leds.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. I asked scott this same question when I first saw them in action. Definitely possible but as they are provided they won't do that.

I suspect the lack of GI integration will neuter this product for machines with dynamic GI effects.

#54 7 years ago

Congrats on your launch Scott! Can't wait to see them in person!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I suspect the lack of GI integration will neuter this product for machines with dynamic GI effects.

I'm sure it will get added in the future, but plenty of uses for this product as is, IMO.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Congrats on your launch Scott! Can't wait to see them in person!

Thanks!! They will be at the Kalamazoo show this weekend on Thursday on Trent's Aerosmith and of course you could always see them local too if you are around. Here are a couple pics off of my Aerosmith LE that I took just now. This is an upstairs room with good daytime natural lighting conditions. 1st pic is of course with them "Off" and second is "On". This is a mixture of white and blue ratios within the app. I will do a video with the "Off" and "On" shortly. That's even better. In the middle of a family Easter event right now.

It also has the UV+Glow flasher option like Trent's machine, it's connected to the Toy Box yellow flasher using the converter for the Spike 2 system. Dirty Donny graphics are designed UV reactive so the effect is very satisfying.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#57 7 years ago

Wow, I didn't realize this was not connected to the GI or that it had a separate on/off power.

I just ordered one of these kits last week, and frankly might have re-thought that if I knew these things. The separate on/off is annoying but not a deal-killer. Could this be wired to a 12V power source instead of powered by an always-on outlet?

The major downer is this not being connected to the GI. If the GI turns off, this NEEDS to turn off as well. Is that something in the plans for future versions? If it is not / will not be part of kits ordered in this first batch, is it possible to get out of my order? Before I would cancel my order, I would want to confirm how much GI dimming is in my game, but as a general kit, this seems like a must-have feature for games with controlled GI.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Should I just get Stadium lighting and pass on the LED's?

That is a good suggestion Chris, the Pin Stadium kit will be a great place to start. Our kit will take care of the playfield illumination GI portion, however LED's are still an option to consider for your insert/inlay lighting etc if you like that effect.

My experience has been that bright LED insert/inlay lighting on my machines looks great but without adequate GI it can make for more contrast on the playfield where the GI lighting is sub-par or non existent. Basically it can make those dark areas look even darker relatively, our kit will fill that gap and fix that issue for sure.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wow, I didn't realize this was not connected to the GI or that it had a separate on/off power.
I just ordered one of these kits last week, and frankly might have re-thought that if I knew these things. The separate on/off is annoying but not a deal-killer. Could this be wired to a 12V power source instead of powered by an always-on outlet?
The major downer is this not being connected to the GI. If the GI turns off, this NEEDS to turn off as well. Is that something in the plans for future versions? If it is not / will not be part of kits ordered in this first batch, is it possible to get out of my order? Before I would cancel my order, I would want to confirm how much GI dimming is in my game, but as a general kit, this seems like a must-have feature for games with controlled GI.

You can optionally not use the 12v power supply, and just wire it up directly yourself to a 12v source on the machine so that they turn on and off on your own. It's up to you. You could even order our converter adapter and use that to turn on and off with a 6v GI bulb and it will do what you want. I like how creative you are and good thinking. PM me if you want one of these converters to order separately

When using the quick plug and play 12v power supply they can be easily turned on and off using your voice if you have Amazon Alexa(Echo) and soon with Siri, or you can use the app, or the remote too!

#60 7 years ago

I'm interested. Can I see some pictures of the actual product (I like to see what I'm buying) including the light controller and power supply? In the video, it was too far to see how the lights are mounted. Can you show that in a close-up pic? Also, will it interfere with the glass? I still don't understand how you would service the playfield? After you unmount the lights do they just flap around while the playfield is up while working on it? This would be great for my Judge Dredd....I just need some more information and pic's on it would be great. Thank you.

#61 7 years ago

What is the current draw at full brightness and RGB all white?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

I'm interested. Can I see some pictures of the actual product (I like to see what I'm buying) including the light controller and power supply? In the video, it was too far to see how the lights are mounted. Can you show that in a close-up pic? Also, will it interfere with the glass? I still don't understand how you would service the playfield? After you unmount the lights do they just flap around while the playfield is up while working on it? This would be great for my Judge Dredd....I just need some more information and pic's on it would be great. Thank you.

Yes pics of the kit and more detailed videos will be updated soon also.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#63 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes pics of the kit and more detailed videos will be updated soon also.

Don't take too long this Easter money is burning a hole in my pocket.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes that has to be known, especially for a Spike game. They don't have that much power to spare unless you use the service outlet.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The separate on/off is annoying but not a deal-killer.

Just re-wire the service outlet so it is switched on and off with the game. Here's info for WPC. Concept is the same for other models.

http://www.flippers.be/power_wiring.html

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Full on 100% is 1.2 Amps.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that has to be known, especially for a Spike game. They don't have that much power to spare unless you use the service outlet.

This uses the service outlet.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Trent's Aerosmith

I know some of this is camera and in my case it might be taste, and perhaps seeing it in person might be different, but I think I prefer the before in this case.

I think there shouldn't be even lighting on the playfield. When the ball is rolling through the dark area's the reflection gives it difference and reflect the lighting with more variation. I would imagine in person, the ball's reflections are mostly highlights and high key to boot. I'm hoping a machine kitted out like this makes it way to Denver for the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show so I can see in person.

I'll caveat my perspective is a bit more nuanced, as I'm an artist and so think a bit more about some aspects than others care to.

I'll also say on the other hand that that options like this and a strong aftermarket are great for the hobby, just like it is with other hobbies, cars for example. To each his own and to each a one of a kind if they wish, which is great!

#69 7 years ago

Aerosmith before and after looks great, you have my interest

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This uses the service outlet.

It was suggested by the OP you could plug it directly into a 12v source in the machine in order to integrate it better. 1.2A max draw will be fine. At least for the SAM 12v rail. I haven't pushed spike yet. Any ideas OP on the spike 12v headroom?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It was suggested by the OP you could plug it directly into a 12v source in the machine in order to integrate it better. 1.2A should be fine.

Oh yeah sorry I missed that.

#72 7 years ago

Okay this should help to show things more clearly what the Pin Stadium kit does for Aerosmith LE. I got the DJI drone out and filmed this live just a few minutes ago in 4K for those who are able to view it as such. This demonstrates accurately the before and after playfield illumination improvement you can expect to experience. The lights are being turned "Off" and "On" over a few sequences to show the results

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay this should help to show things more clearly what the Pin Stadium kit does for Aerosmith LE. I got the DJI drone out and filmed this live just a few minutes ago in 4K for those who are able to view it as such. This demonstrates accurately the before and after playfield illumination improvement you can expect to experience. The lights are being turned "Off" and "On" over a few sequences to show the results
» YouTube video

Photography of lights in a dark room is difficult. I think that video is actually doing you a disservice. The problem is that when the playfield is being lit by the factory lighting there are areas showing as close to black. Plenty of parts of the playfield are unreadable and close to invisible. In reality this is simply not the case.
Yes, the relativity might be showing as accurate, but the base case of factory-only lighting is inaccurate. Try lowering the contrast so that the darker areas appear clearly in the base case and go from there.
I think the kit is a good idea and I have ordered one. Just trying to help as I think this video may not achieve the desired outcome.

#74 7 years ago

I would love to see what this looks like installed on a machine with mirror blades. My fear is you will be able to see the reflection of the opposing side's lights. Very interested in ordering this for my rob zombie and Addams family.

#75 7 years ago

The video on our website shows them installed on IMVE with mirror blades and they do not reflect each other. They look great and and fit it really good. Take a look on the home page when you get a moment.

#76 7 years ago

I would like to see the instructions here so that I know what I am possibly getting myself into.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I got the DJI drone out and filmed this live just a few minutes ago

I don't understand why you can post pictures of the actual product. you can make a video with a drone but you can't post pictures?

#78 7 years ago

I played the Aerosmith at PAPA several times, and have some questions about your product.

To be honest, there were numerous "not so positive" comments made about the lighting with each group of people I played with. Specifically, the lighting strips were literally dangling in mid air even by day 2. Now I realize this is a demo machine that travels with Trent, but at the same point, AS hasn't been on the market for that long and this is not a good representation for an expensive mod.

Secondly, I'm trying to understand how your product differs from someone going on Ebay, buying several reels of 12V RGB SMD light strips, sticking them on with the included 3M tape (that seems to have the same "sticky" failure as what I observed at PAPA), and tying them into the Wifi controllers/color-matching-software that many of the vendors offer in the packages for like $20-$30.

The lighting difference is pretty remarkable and how it was applied, you really can't see or notice the mod, but I'm not getting the "value added" over an easy DYI.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I played the Aerosmith at PAPA several times, and have some questions about your product.
To be honest, there were numerous "not so positive" comments made about the lighting with each group of people I played with. Specifically, the lighting strips were literally dangling in mid air even by day 2. Now I realize this is a demo machine that travels with Trent, but at the same point, AS hasn't been on the market for that long and this is not a good representation for an expensive mod.
Secondly, I'm trying to understand how your product differs from someone going on Ebay, buying several reels of 12V RGB SMD light strips, sticking them on with the included 3M tape (that seems to have the same "sticky" failure as what I observed at PAPA), and tying them into the Wifi controllers/color-matching-software that many of the vendors offer in the packages for like $20-$30.
The lighting difference is pretty remarkable and how it was applied, you really can't see or notice the mod, but I'm not getting the "value added" over an easy DYI.

Come on Evan! Easy DIY, for some maybe. I remember walking you through much of this stuff myself. Many can DIY and will I am sure. I have made a version of this that will turn on and off with the game as well as dim with the GI. I have been around and think I know what I am doing... I will be giving this to Scott with Pinstadium Saturday. It will be up to him to apply the things I show him.

Keep in mind he has a few weeks before any kits ship out. Great idea, looks like a great product. I would like to see a few small changes but again it is his mod and he will do what he thinks is best, I respect that.

Chris

#80 7 years ago

The final production version has been solidified and is a re-design of what you saw, that was just a previous proto version that was used on that machine. All of that has been resolved and the final version kits are rock solid and professionally built. We received excellent feedback and received many orders from that event. That event weekend was super busy for us and a very fortunate opportunity. I know that not everyone can be pleased, but once you have the kit installed and use it along with the app I feel that this will be something you will may very well rely on for other pinballs in your collection.

It has been a year in the making and developing of these and it was not an easy road or a quick trip trip online to get any of this made. Even though initially I thought that same as you. There is a lot of hard work and testing that is put into these. The upgrade is made of high quality custom materials, pieces, hardware, circuitry, supplies, dimensions, sizing, awning design, and coding. These are have been gone over and redesigned with more revisions that I can even count.

Also the app is specifically made for the hardware and circuitry running the technology that controls the lights. Fortunately app development and creation is what I do for a regular day job, so this is tightly integrated and very specific to the Pin Stadium kit. There are a lot of many amazing features already and extended updates already in the works. The app is free too for all customers that purchase our kits. It's like code to a pinball machine and input to meet customer needs is always appreciated. I think that you would be a good person to even suggest a few tips as we welcome that so that we can continue to please as many as possible.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Come on Evan! Easy DIY, for some maybe. I remember walking you through much of this stuff myself. Many can DIY and will I am sure. I have made a version of this that will turn on and off with the game as well as dim with the GI. I have been around and think I know what I am doing... I will be giving this to Scott with Pinstadium Saturday. It will be up to him to apply the things I show him.
Keep in mind he has a few weeks before any kits ship out. Great idea, looks like a great product. I would like to see a few small changes but again it is his mod and he will do what he thinks is best, I respect that.
Chris

Chris,

And I, along with hundreds (thousands?) of others, thank you for the amazing interactive undercab lighting stuff you've done for the hobby and all your other endeavors. And yes, there are many in this hobby who can DYI everything, some who can DYI basic stuff, and others who gladly pay for someone to given them the product and a pictorial to get setup. I guess my point, as well as that made by several others in this thread, is that the examples are great of pinball vs. stadium lit pinball, there's no argument. But what exactly is the product itself. All we could see at PAPA were light strips along the perimeter, and unfortunately those light strips weren't sticking. Was there anything more to it then that? Not a knock, because, like we both agree, there are thousands of collectors who don't want to source material and figure out the DYI aspect. Just trying to figure out what is all entailed here.

#82 7 years ago

Working to get as many pics and videos up as possible. If you go to our YouTube channel and look through all of the videos you should find most of what you are looking for. There is going to be a revamp of them with better quality footage with the drone video so that everything is more clear. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to email or PM too if you have any further questions.

#83 7 years ago

I saw your video of the light strip being pulled off the side, but what do you do with the light strips when you need to raise the playfield? Isn't the wiring still attached?

#84 7 years ago

You would simply rest them on the playfield if you are raising it at an angle or if you need to go all the way up then you can just sit them vertical behind the playfield resting inside the backbox housing in front of the speaker panel. The wiring and harnesses are designed to accommodate this and you do not need to unplug anything. It only takes a few seconds and is very convenient.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I would love to see what this looks like installed on a machine with mirror blades. My fear is you will be able to see the reflection of the opposing side's lights. Very interested in ordering this for my rob zombie and Addams family.

Here is the video to the Iron Man VE that has the mirror blades and the kit installed:

#86 7 years ago

any word on the installation instructions? if not i guess i will wait till someone does a review and shows how they install.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is the video to the Iron Man VE that has the mirror blades and the kit installed:
» YouTube video

Huge difference and massive improvement shown in that video, very interested in a kit for my BM66 as it's a very dark game when it comes to lighting, this should make all the colour on the playfields pop!

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

» YouTube video

That's a much better video. Base case looks pretty realistic. When the stadium lights come on it's not so startling, but very obvious. Looking good.

#89 7 years ago

Great glad that was better! That was an iPhone 7 doing that versus the DJI Phantom Drone. The iPhone is much smarter apparently, but it doesn't let me fly it several miles away in the sky though. I appreciate the feedback and help.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great glad that was better! That was an iPhone 7 doing that versus the DJI Phantom Drone. The iPhone is much smarter apparently, but it doesn't let me fly it several miles away in the sky though. I appreciate the feedback and help.

Duct tape the phone to the drone.

#91 7 years ago

I was just thinking how it would be nice to do something like that with the iPhone, duct tape would be a great and funny contrast to all of that technology! While we are at it maybe put some Pin Stadium lights on it and fly it around the next show to draw attention! Probably not a good idea! When I film inside of course I don't have the blades installed on the drone.

#92 7 years ago

Per JonM's request he wanted to see the UV+Glow feature effect in comparison to the lighting from the Pin Stadium kit. In this video the kit is turned up to 100% brightness and the flasher effect on our kit is triggered by the top right ramp. So basically when you hit the ramp or any of the drone targets you will get this effect.

As many know it is hard to catch flasher effects and this color range on camera (since it really does have UV mixture in it), so it was not edited at all with the exception that it has been slowed down to more properly demonstrate what your eye would see in person when standing in front of the machine. Thanks JonM for the request and I hope this helps you.

#93 7 years ago

This is a before and after on a Stern Spiderman, the kit also has the UV_Flasher option which makes the playfield come alive when hitting the left upper ramp Venom shot. The settings in this photoe are at 50% white and 100% blue for the GI lighting setting. Pretty tame but tasteful for this pinball machine.

And a side by side comparison on the Aerosmith LE also.

stern_spiderman_pin_stadium_led_lights_pinball (resized).pngstern_spiderman_pin_stadium_led_lights_pinball (resized).png

aerosmith_le_pinball_LED_pin_stadium (resized).pngaerosmith_le_pinball_LED_pin_stadium (resized).png

#94 7 years ago

Good update on things for everyone. The Pin Stadium will now have the option to turn on and off with the machine. It's been a request by many and has been implemented due to a special thanks to Chris from Rock Custom. He has been a great help to make this happen!!

#95 7 years ago

This stuff intrigues me. Seems a no brainer for some early SAM and WPC games that are horrifically lit. But I'm still a little confused on usage case on a recent model Spike that has a lot of GI strobing/dimming etc . Or on a Met Prem/LE which has red white and blue GI color effects constantly. Would you tie to one of the colors? Back to Spike, If you do try to tie into a spike 5v flasher, you're confined to that single flasher for your flasher option it would seem. Or no?

Thanks for innovating.

#96 7 years ago

I am looking forward to seeing this in person

(or at least some better actual photos of install of a model with the ability to turn on/off with the game and store a specific brightness.)

#97 7 years ago

I saw these at the Ohio show and talked with the op a couple of times. They were amazing on his Rob Zombie pin.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Good update on things for everyone. The Pin Stadium will now have the option to turn on and off with the machine. It's been a request by many and has been implemented due to a special thanks to Chris from Rock Custom. He has been a great help to make this happen!!

This is awesome news! (My biggest hang up) and it also sounds like with a little effort it can be tied in to computer controlled GI, Dimming, etc... and saves the settings, i think this is an awesome idea!

Anyone try these on SYS. 11's?

I am thinking it would be a good addition to FIRE!, Wirlwind, and F-14 Tomcat!

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

This is awesome news! (My biggest hang up) and it also sounds like with a little effort it can be tied in to computer controlled GI, Dimming, etc... and saves the settings, i think this is an awesome idea!
Anyone try these on SYS. 11's?
I am thinking it would be a good addition to FIRE!, Wirlwind, and F-14 Tomcat!

My Fire is very dark too. This would help that game greatly.

Same with F14.

#100 7 years ago

Interesting product, caught my attention to solve a common problem of not seeing the playfield in a dark room. However, the part where it is not directly linked to the GI and the programmed dimming modes in a game makes it a non-starter for me. Many of the pins made in the last 20 years (and even before that, going back to Blackout from the early '80s) use dimming the GI playfield light for dramatic effect and it works great. These stadium lights, while a good idea, don't seem to do that out of the box, but looks like it would be DIYable to tie it in. To me, if I have to DIY that part I might as well DIY the rest.

I will say though....the pics of the LOTR in a subtle green lighting really is nice......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.