(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4,395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinstadium. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 7 years ago

We did an official launch release to the public on our new Pin Stadium WiFi/app controllable LED GI illumination and flasher technology for your pinball machine. We are super excited to offer this to the pinball collector and operator community.

PAPA/IFPA approved and endorsed for competition, streaming, and collectors. Also many well respected in the community love them too. Just ask them!

TWIP:
https://thisweekinpinball.com/
#1 Mod of the year award!

Zach and Greg from SDTM:
https://m.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/

Nick and Kevin from Buffalo Pinball:
https://buffalopinball.com/

Jack from Jersey Jack Pinball:
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/

Martin and Ryan C. from Head2Head:
http://www.head2headpinball.com/

Tommy from Nitro Pinball:
https://www.nitropinball.com/

Josh and Chance from The Canadian Arcade:
https://m.facebook.com/TheCanadianArcade/

Trent Augenstein from Tilt Amusements:
http://www.tiltamusements.com/

Zespy the owner of the prestigious Logan’s Arcade:
https://loganarcade.com/

Mark and crew from the San Diego Pinball club:
https://m.facebook.com/SanDiegoPinball/

and many more!

Our Patent Pending Pin Stadium lights are Wifi controllable with via our iPhone/Android app and work on any machine. They self generate their own Wifi signal so that you can connect to them with your mobile device via our IOS/Android app. This is something that's never been done before and brings life and tons of quality lighting to your game to places that previously could never be reached. No more chasing dark spots on the playfield with LED bulbs or spotlights. Those days are over now. When you are playing you can't even see our kits are installed, but your eyes can surely see the results of the glowing playfield. You can now play in complete darkness with no need for overhead lighting whatsoever.

The kit installs in just a few minutes without any tools or drilling using our Magna-Mount system (mounts on the inside upper wall above the playfield down the entire length of the pinball cabinet just below the glass). Plus they are easily removed for maintenance when raising the playfield and can be moved to other machines if you sell yours. Just like you would do with a your ColorDMD. In addition they maintain the factory look due to the stealth mount and you have endless control with bright RGB and independent white LED lighting that is embedded in between. This gives you over 16 million color options and with separate white lighting control which allows you to choose how bright you want your playfield. The app has the ability to also color match the lighting color using your camera on your phone. Simply take a picture in the app of let's say a specific spot of your playfield and it matches the lighting to that color!

Charlie from Spooky saw them on our website on his Rob Zombie he said the results they were "Damn Impressive!"

If you are interested in more details feel free to visit our website at www.pinstadium.com for more information or shoot us an email at [email protected]

The flasher integration is dazzling but more importantly the GI module allows the Pin Stadiums to sync with the pinball machine's GI for a very cinematic and theatrical effect that goes with the lighting in all modes. It keeps the originally designer's GI control in place and then steps it up to whole new level.

Attached are a few Before and Afters from our website gallery: http://pinstadium.com/gallery/

Thanks!!

Scott
Pinstadium
www.pinstadium.com

"Like" us on Facebook for continual update with things!: https://www.facebook.com/pinstadium
Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjv9XJ_i90bUuduNkgXgvw

woz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).pngwoz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).png
LOTR_before_after_pin_stadium (resized).pngLOTR_before_after_pin_stadium (resized).png
rob_zombie_spookshow_pinball_led_lighting (resized).pngrob_zombie_spookshow_pinball_led_lighting (resized).png
beforeandafterIMVE (resized).pngbeforeandafterIMVE (resized).png
logo_ black_1250 (resized).pnglogo_ black_1250 (resized).png

pinstadium_pinball_led_lights_partners2500 (resized).pngpinstadium_pinball_led_lights_partners2500 (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

Yes the UV+Glow is for the flasher feature and that's how we recommend using it, but you could also connect it to a GI constant bulb and have it on all the time. It's up to you. We did that on our GB Premium and the constant glow is really cool. You can always switch it easily.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Saw these at papa on Trent's Aerosmith and while they were nice the led tape was coming off of the mount. Hoping these were a prototype and production units will not do this because they looked really nice and I wouldn't mind a few on my games.
Edit: I did not mean this post to sound negative, just a concern I had with them.

Those were prototype ones that got put on that machine temporarily from a early test version. The final production version does not have that issue and it's 100% resolved and no bugs remain. They are bolstered up and solid now!!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Our hobby/industry needs innovation and advancement. Great job Pin Stadium Lights, you're true leaders.
Will you be at Pin A GoGo here on the West Coast?

It is possible we make it there, but not sure yet. I think it would be a great place to show them off. We are trying to arrange our schedule and get as many out on machines at each show as possible. Thanks for the invite!

#14 7 years ago

Quoted from TimeBandit:From where do they draw power?

Yes, LTG is correct. They come with a 12v power supply and you can just plug it into the service port or run it into the machine from the screen vents at the bottom of the cabinet (you only need to do that if your service port doesn't work or is in use). No splicing or dicing needed. That's the goal. On the new Stern machines the service port is in the backbox behind the backglass/translite and our kit 12v supply reaches there too. Just letting people know that as they moved it back there (for those of us that are used to the Bally/Williams DMD location by the coin door). It was hidden to me for a while until Trent showed me that.
Added over 7 years ago: Edit: We have since upgraded our kits to eliminate the 12v power supply adapter and now each kit comes with a direct fit PCB adapter that simply plugs into your specific game. This allows the Pin Stadiums power to be turned on and off automatically with the pinball machine. Thank you for the suggestions and these will be included at no additionally charge for everyone's kit!

Added over 7 years ago: Great news!! Our kits now come with specific plug and play power adapters, no more 12v converters(unless you specifically request this). This new change means that our kits draw power directly from the machine and turn on/off when you power up/down your pinball.

Added over 5 years ago:

The Pin Stadiums are now "Off the Grid". Which means they do not get power from your pinball machine's boards any longer and now come with our Universal Power adapter which simply plugs into the service port of the machine. Makes life much easier and it's included free with every kit. You can also converter your earlier Pin Stadiums to this no problem. https://pinstadium.com/product/universal-power/

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I saw these a while back wanted to try out. Very neat.
Although, to clarify, do they need to be removed everyone I want to raise my pf?

Yes, they are easily removed with the Magna-Mount system designed exactly for that purpose. Then when you are done working on the machine they go right back on.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

What is the "UV + Glow" option for the flasher?

Sorry I should have answered that better, that is for the flasher option and it basically is the brightest UV Glow effect out on the market. We make these custom, and have increased the brighness and also lighting angle throw so that it gives 100% coverage. They look great in most any game, especially ones like Metallica, Aerosmith, Monster Bash, Creature, Scared Stiff, Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, etc. We have found that the darker the playfield graphics, the better the UV+Glow work on the machines. It's intense but not distracting. A big wow factor for sure

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is kind of like one of those "I want to believe....BUT..." type deals. Reminds me when another vendor was all gung ho about LED strips in the back of games and their LED kits showed a dramatic improvement but everything was washed out with funky colors...kind of like what I'm seeing here. I want actual legitimate pictures that haven't been run through some kind of filter, or with game-appropriate color choices.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4858&picno=18880&zoom=1
LOTR looks like a truckload of blueberries was dropped on it. That game is not supposed to be BLUE. >_<;;
Also...why are there no installation instructions on the website? You guys aren't the only ones to do this, but it's supremely annoying, especially since you're touting their removeability for resale. I don't want to keep track of some stupid stapled together 3 sheets of paper to pass on to the next guy in 2 years, plus, I think we're all a bit curious how these are actually being mounted.
How far off to the side of the game does someone have to be standing before they're blinded? Games lined up head to head how bad is it for the player that's adjacent? These are things I'd personally want answered before I'd chuck money at it, but I think it's a decent idea with potential if the installation is as easy to do and removing them every time you need to get under the playfield isn't a huge hassle. WPT that I have for sure could use some big general illumination help...

Thank you for your questions and I wish we had been able to launch at the Texas Pinball Festival so that you could have seen them in person as that would have been closer to you. Seeing is believing for sure and pics/videos never do true justice to pinball LED lighting effects, at least that has been my experience too. The before and afters are unedited and not filtered, other than just putting the images next to each other so that you can see the difference. In person is better, I agree and this is why we are getting them on display at as many shows as possible, Kalamazoo this week on Trent's machine (you know that he is not going to put something on his machines that is a lesser species), VFW, and then a whole list of other big shows to come. We will be posting up fully updated installation video too so that you can see them.

There is a Whitewater video on our pinstadium channel on Youtube that will show you the mounting and removal, it's not the best quality but should help to give you a visual on the ease of use of them. Also side by side they were designed to not be distracting to the player next you on another machine either, that's a good question and something that was taken in consideration as they are on the machines in our collection which are also lined up like an army. Here is the video I was referring to for WH2O so you don't have to search around for it:

Regarding LOTR, pictures don't do it justice or show the true colors. However since you seem to be like me and very particular about your LED lighting then the app will be perfect for you since you can adjust every single aspect of the lighting very simply to what you refer to as game appropriate colors. This was always a fuss of mine too. That way you can dial it to how you like versus being stuck with a linear set up that you would have to deal with. I know exactly your concerns and these were designed around a similar perspective during the creation process. Thank you for posting this up as it gives us the chance to address any questions that we might not have covered on the site. I hope this helps.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Can you post some pics or videos of what comes in the package, how they mount, and how the UV+Glow works?

Yes, we will be updating the site and getting even more details up there for you.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm assuming there is decent control of brightness settings, just not shown in the photos / videos? I'm interested, but they look blindingly bright at what is presumably 100% that they're pictured at.
How does dimming work? If it's PWM, do they flicker at lower brightness?

You have excellent control of the brightness settings. In most of the pictures they are at 100% just to so that the camera can capture the effect, but since the brightness is exceptional we tend to recommend running some pins at 60% brightness for the white and 80% for the RGB colors. They do not flicker either when at their lowest setting.

A nice example that is machine specific would be on the TWD Premium, its really dark from the factory and needs a lot of help but not too much because if its too bright I feel it take away from the haunting effect of the game. So in that screnario, setting the white brightness to 45-50% and then the RGB to a 100% Red, and 0% Green, 0% Blue, it makes the game look perfect and everything is clearly visible but tasteful. You could dial in a little but of Blue, lets say at 15% and get a slight Red/Purple effect, which helps to bring out the white colors in the playfield. Just to give you an idea of how flexible the controls are.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

what about us "old farts" that don't own a smart phone, and have no plans on getting one?

Good question, we did take that into consideration and you can use an old fashioned remote control too and that's included with the kit. No Wifi or app required for that. If you are even more laid back than that then you can just turn them on and use the predefined setting, but I have a feeling you will want to dial it in to your liking further.

#29 7 years ago

I hope that helps to ease your mind so that you know you don't have to be a techy to operate them. We tried to think of every type of collector and maybe a few don't have Wifi access from where the collection is located, in that case the remote is handy. It's included.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So do they come on when the machine turns on and retain the settings. Or do you have to turn them on seperately and reconfigure?

You can optionally not use the 12v power supply, and just wire it up directly yourself to a 12v source on the machine so that they turn on and off on your own. It's up to you.

When using the 12v power supply they can be easily turned on and off using your voice if you have Amazon Alexa(Echo) and soon with Siri, or you can use the app, or the remote too!

And yes they will remember your last setting. You can also save other predefined settings for each pinball in the app. So for example if you have a certain setting for a specific machine that you like then you store that and you can also created another one for your alternate choice or another person that likes it to look another way. You can name those and just tap on them to change it very easily. Whatever the last used setting was for that machine then that will be what will be remembered when they are powered on. The app will allow you to control and organize all of your machines that have the Pin Stadium kit.

You can group them, have multiple groups, and turn them all on at once or individually, their are timers too for operators with routed games. The scenario for that would be if you are open 9-9pm, the lights can come on and turn off turn on a schedule and repeat that process automatically too. I hope this helps to answer your question.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Congrats on your launch Scott! Can't wait to see them in person!

Thanks!! They will be at the Kalamazoo show this weekend on Thursday on Trent's Aerosmith and of course you could always see them local too if you are around. Here are a couple pics off of my Aerosmith LE that I took just now. This is an upstairs room with good daytime natural lighting conditions. 1st pic is of course with them "Off" and second is "On". This is a mixture of white and blue ratios within the app. I will do a video with the "Off" and "On" shortly. That's even better. In the middle of a family Easter event right now.

It also has the UV+Glow flasher option like Trent's machine, it's connected to the Toy Box yellow flasher using the converter for the Spike 2 system. Dirty Donny graphics are designed UV reactive so the effect is very satisfying.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What about a game with not many LED's on the playfield? My POTC is pretty much stock.
Should I just get Stadium lighting and pass on the LED's?

That is a good suggestion Chris, the Pin Stadium kit will be a great place to start. Our kit will take care of the playfield illumination GI portion, however LED's are still an option to consider for your insert/inlay lighting etc if you like that effect.

My experience has been that bright LED insert/inlay lighting on my machines looks great but without adequate GI it can make for more contrast on the playfield where the GI lighting is sub-par or non existent. Basically it can make those dark areas look even darker relatively, our kit will fill that gap and fix that issue for sure.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wow, I didn't realize this was not connected to the GI or that it had a separate on/off power.
I just ordered one of these kits last week, and frankly might have re-thought that if I knew these things. The separate on/off is annoying but not a deal-killer. Could this be wired to a 12V power source instead of powered by an always-on outlet?
The major downer is this not being connected to the GI. If the GI turns off, this NEEDS to turn off as well. Is that something in the plans for future versions? If it is not / will not be part of kits ordered in this first batch, is it possible to get out of my order? Before I would cancel my order, I would want to confirm how much GI dimming is in my game, but as a general kit, this seems like a must-have feature for games with controlled GI.

You can optionally not use the 12v power supply, and just wire it up directly yourself to a 12v source on the machine so that they turn on and off on your own. It's up to you. You could even order our converter adapter and use that to turn on and off with a 6v GI bulb and it will do what you want. I like how creative you are and good thinking. PM me if you want one of these converters to order separately

When using the quick plug and play 12v power supply they can be easily turned on and off using your voice if you have Amazon Alexa(Echo) and soon with Siri, or you can use the app, or the remote too!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

I'm interested. Can I see some pictures of the actual product (I like to see what I'm buying) including the light controller and power supply? In the video, it was too far to see how the lights are mounted. Can you show that in a close-up pic? Also, will it interfere with the glass? I still don't understand how you would service the playfield? After you unmount the lights do they just flap around while the playfield is up while working on it? This would be great for my Judge Dredd....I just need some more information and pic's on it would be great. Thank you.

Yes pics of the kit and more detailed videos will be updated soon also.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What is the current draw at full brightness and RGB all white?

Full on 100% is 1.2 Amps.

#72 7 years ago

Okay this should help to show things more clearly what the Pin Stadium kit does for Aerosmith LE. I got the DJI drone out and filmed this live just a few minutes ago in 4K for those who are able to view it as such. This demonstrates accurately the before and after playfield illumination improvement you can expect to experience. The lights are being turned "Off" and "On" over a few sequences to show the results

#75 7 years ago

The video on our website shows them installed on IMVE with mirror blades and they do not reflect each other. They look great and and fit it really good. Take a look on the home page when you get a moment.

#80 7 years ago

The final production version has been solidified and is a re-design of what you saw, that was just a previous proto version that was used on that machine. All of that has been resolved and the final version kits are rock solid and professionally built. We received excellent feedback and received many orders from that event. That event weekend was super busy for us and a very fortunate opportunity. I know that not everyone can be pleased, but once you have the kit installed and use it along with the app I feel that this will be something you will may very well rely on for other pinballs in your collection.

It has been a year in the making and developing of these and it was not an easy road or a quick trip trip online to get any of this made. Even though initially I thought that same as you. There is a lot of hard work and testing that is put into these. The upgrade is made of high quality custom materials, pieces, hardware, circuitry, supplies, dimensions, sizing, awning design, and coding. These are have been gone over and redesigned with more revisions that I can even count.

Also the app is specifically made for the hardware and circuitry running the technology that controls the lights. Fortunately app development and creation is what I do for a regular day job, so this is tightly integrated and very specific to the Pin Stadium kit. There are a lot of many amazing features already and extended updates already in the works. The app is free too for all customers that purchase our kits. It's like code to a pinball machine and input to meet customer needs is always appreciated. I think that you would be a good person to even suggest a few tips as we welcome that so that we can continue to please as many as possible.

#82 7 years ago

Working to get as many pics and videos up as possible. If you go to our YouTube channel and look through all of the videos you should find most of what you are looking for. There is going to be a revamp of them with better quality footage with the drone video so that everything is more clear. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to email or PM too if you have any further questions.

#84 7 years ago

You would simply rest them on the playfield if you are raising it at an angle or if you need to go all the way up then you can just sit them vertical behind the playfield resting inside the backbox housing in front of the speaker panel. The wiring and harnesses are designed to accommodate this and you do not need to unplug anything. It only takes a few seconds and is very convenient.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I would love to see what this looks like installed on a machine with mirror blades. My fear is you will be able to see the reflection of the opposing side's lights. Very interested in ordering this for my rob zombie and Addams family.

Here is the video to the Iron Man VE that has the mirror blades and the kit installed:

#89 7 years ago

Great glad that was better! That was an iPhone 7 doing that versus the DJI Phantom Drone. The iPhone is much smarter apparently, but it doesn't let me fly it several miles away in the sky though. I appreciate the feedback and help.

#91 7 years ago

I was just thinking how it would be nice to do something like that with the iPhone, duct tape would be a great and funny contrast to all of that technology! While we are at it maybe put some Pin Stadium lights on it and fly it around the next show to draw attention! Probably not a good idea! When I film inside of course I don't have the blades installed on the drone.

#92 7 years ago

Per JonM's request he wanted to see the UV+Glow feature effect in comparison to the lighting from the Pin Stadium kit. In this video the kit is turned up to 100% brightness and the flasher effect on our kit is triggered by the top right ramp. So basically when you hit the ramp or any of the drone targets you will get this effect.

As many know it is hard to catch flasher effects and this color range on camera (since it really does have UV mixture in it), so it was not edited at all with the exception that it has been slowed down to more properly demonstrate what your eye would see in person when standing in front of the machine. Thanks JonM for the request and I hope this helps you.

#93 7 years ago

This is a before and after on a Stern Spiderman, the kit also has the UV_Flasher option which makes the playfield come alive when hitting the left upper ramp Venom shot. The settings in this photoe are at 50% white and 100% blue for the GI lighting setting. Pretty tame but tasteful for this pinball machine.

And a side by side comparison on the Aerosmith LE also.

stern_spiderman_pin_stadium_led_lights_pinball (resized).pngstern_spiderman_pin_stadium_led_lights_pinball (resized).png

aerosmith_le_pinball_LED_pin_stadium (resized).pngaerosmith_le_pinball_LED_pin_stadium (resized).png

#94 7 years ago

Good update on things for everyone. The Pin Stadium will now have the option to turn on and off with the machine. It's been a request by many and has been implemented due to a special thanks to Chris from Rock Custom. He has been a great help to make this happen!!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Would be awesome to see the OP change the lighting to red and show how it illuminates and also how the UV flasher looks. Videos of that would be awesome!

For Rob Zombie and The Walking Dead I like to set the red at 100% and the white around 35-40% for an eerie look. Which is what I feel that game really should be. It's enough to reveal the dark and beautiful artwork also and let's the machine a GI and everything else do their magic without taking away from it at all.

It may look darker than norma due to the camera's eye but I can give it a shot and will post that up when i get back from this Kalamazoo Pinball show. Maybe a video would be better. Either way you'll see it shortly.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fairly certain all of this can be doneThe flasher is the only part that is limited to one color choice as far as I understand.

You can choose from many colors and also a multi-color changing option for the flasher will be available very soon which can be controlled by the machine also.

Thank you for all of the great input from everyone and interest. It has been very busy in a good way and everyone's business and support is much appreciated. Thanks!!

The app is in an awesome evolution stage too as we have been taking input from the community and even more super cool things are to come. These will of course be free updates for all Pin Stadium customers too.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

How about Heighway? Will these work with FT or Alien?

I had the chance to look at the Heighway Alien at the Kalamazoo. I wanted to see it in person first and yes these will work very well with the machine as it is rather dark. It will bring much life to the game as the graphics are very deep dark colors. It's a beautiful playfield, a recommended setting would be 100% green, 30% blue and 15% red, then 45% on the white. This will keep your GI effect intact and not take away from your experience.

The game played great too and it's on my wish list for sure.

Also, regarding Full Throttle it will work awesome too. I'm not sure of the recommended setting on that since I have not really looked at it in person, but you could dial it in how you would like and I think you will be very pleased.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Very cool! I wonder how these would play with pin blades / power blades... would they just attach on top of them? Good stuff

Yes you are correct, they are applied on top of them. They have not been tested with power blades however they work great on my MET Premium with the mirror and graphic blades. They were specifically designed to work with them because most of the machines in collections have some version of blades, same with mine also.

#125 7 years ago

Once the pre-order of 100 is complete (it's almost filled), then we approximate 8-10 weeks. Thank you for your order as I do see it in our system for your Aerosmith.

For anyone that is planning on ordering it is highly suggested to place it sooner than later. As long as the shopping cart will take your order then that means there are still spots left.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Got to second that, Scott is a pleasure to talk to and happy to hear peoples thoughts on the product which shows he is a true class act. I will be ordering one to experiment tying into the GI, if he could add that out of the box as an option these would literally be the perfect lighting product, options to suit literally every need and application.

Thank you and I really appreciate everyone's excitement and input. This is exactly what fuels a great product.

GI is definitely a possibility and I'll test it out myself and keep everyone posted.

I'm trying to make this as simple and affordable as possible for everyone (a lot are not handy and don't do DIY) , and if this is easily done and feasible I'll consider including it as an optional upgrade and be sure to email everyone before they ship to give you the chance to upgrade. Same goes with the color changing integrated machine driven flashers. It's in Aerosmith being tested now.

I'll get to working on this also and try to bulletproof a solution or at least help you guys to instruct you on what you would need to do either way !!!

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I placed my order. Can't wait! Now which will get here first, Alien or these light?
Here's a basic, no solder relay, anyone can use to control power to these via GI. All you do is stick two wires with alligator clips on the two screws on the left. Then you clip the alligator clips to whatever GI bulb or lamp socket you want. Then you cut the positive power line running to your stadium lights and stick each cut end into the screws on the right. Voila! Whenever your GI lighting has power the relay is closed and the stadium lights come on.

Thank you for your order and glad you like the product, it will look good on your Alien. When I saw the one at the show Gary from Abel Electronics told me to take look at it as he felt it could really benefit from the Pin Stadium kit. He was right, it was a beautiful playfield (plays like a solid BW) but so dark that you couldn't see much of the excellent artistry Heighway has done.

As far as that adapter, that is a 12v adapter and your GI is 5v so you would need to get a different relay that steps it up because the LED's are 12v. You may experience some latency with it also since its a mechanical system. Let me do my testing on my machines with the kits to see what I can come up with and I will keep everyone posted on this.

1 week later
#151 6 years ago

Yes that is correct Chris thanks.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I asked for a status which doesn't seem like a lot to ask when I pre-paid 3 weeks ago under the impression the initial batch was almost sold out. Not insinuating anything, just trying to understand where things sit.

No problem and I know that you are just excited to get them as much as I am excited to get them to you. It's all good and I am happy to status update here. It is progressing well, and you are correct that the pre-order is almost completed. When it is, everyone will receive an email confirmation with a status update. Thank you for all of your support.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Apparently not.

It's about 75% filled. Shipping time once the pre-order is filled is 8-10 weeks, however that is playing it safe and plan to get them out much sooner if possible. I will email everyone at that time. It won't be long!

#165 6 years ago

Actually the last order number was 89, but that does not truly reflect the pre-order amount because I found that the shopping cart counts abandoned carts as order numbers. So that is why I say about 75%, but either way once 100 is hit then the building and manufacturing will fully commence. The 100 amount is so that I could get the material cost down for the pricing so that these are reasonable and affordable for everyone, while also allowing a realistic timeframe for delivery as to be accurate. I want to do it right and be accurate with everything. I have no doubt in my mind they will all sell. The only marketing that has been done is this post 17 days go on the forum and then a few pinball shows to demo them to the public.

No worries and things are already in progress behind the scenes with these. They are not being outsourced and are all made here buy us at Pin Stadium to insure quality. We will be doing further marketing as the company progresses (no desire to go too big too fast since this is the initial release), but the initial goal was to get these to the Pinsiders first and foremost before anyone else. Feel free to tell a few buddys and share our link to order as this will close up the pre-order even sooner. Thanks.

Scott

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This looks like a really interesting product. I would be very interested to hear from WOZ owners once they have tried this. WOZ's GI is the real weakness for that pin, and this might help significantly. I've seen the pictures of the WOZ playfield with this lighting installed, but I would like to hear some testimonials. I'm intrigued .....

I would say that WOZ was my biggest motivation for these, since it was a struggle more than any other pinball to get proper lighting to this game. Spotlight after spotlight was added and it still wasn't enough. The one in the before and after picture is in my personal collection and now I can really enjoy it without the darkness it is commonly known for from the factory. It's a great game made even better now. I do have to be in the "extra energy" mood to play it because it can be such a challenge and journey to play it (in a good way).

Oh by the way we will be up at the Pinball Museum VFW Ann Arbor, MI show this weekend Fri-Sun with the Pin Stadium kits on display on Trent's Aerosmith Premium and another pinball that I will be bringing up also. So if anyone is near there or plans on stopping by, please come check them out and I can walk you through them in person. Seeing is believing for sure.

#168 6 years ago

We are moving forward and everything is in progress, so there is nothing slowing the original plan down. The good news is also that you are going to get an even more improved product with advanced features. In fact there has been a lot of innovation from input here too, all orders will get a game specific power supply PCB adapter kit that will allow the Pin Stadium's power to turn on and off directly with the machine instead of the 12v adapter, this will be at no additional charge too. Very clean and easy plug and play!

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

We are moving forward and everything is in progress, so there is nothing slowing the original plan down. The good news is also that you are going to get even more improved hardware and products features. In fact there has been a lot of innovation from input here too, all orders will get a game specific power supply PCB adapter kit that will allow the Pin Stadium's power to turn on and off directly with the machine instead of the 12v adapter, this will be at no additional charge too. Very clean and easy plug and play!

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I appreciate the fact that you have listened to suggestions and are making changes/upgrades. Good things come to those that wait. We are all just a little anxious to see our playfields in a new light, or any light in some cases.

Input from those who love this hobby is always good. Innovation is better with like minds I feel.

I understand your excitement completely and thank you for the kind words and support. I feel that you will be extremely happy with the results.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks for the feedback. Are you coming to Pintastic New England this year? I would love to see these in person.

I would be interested in finding out more about that event. We are trying to get to as many shows as possible. I'll look it up. Thank you for the invite !!

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from King_Jelly:

Just ordered mine and sent a PM to invite you to set up at Free Play Florida.

Thank you for the invite and your order. I sent you a PM in response to your email also. Awesome! Looking forward to seeing pics of your IJ after you install our kit.

#178 6 years ago

The line was really long tonight for our TWD Premium machine with the demo Pin Stadium kit installed. It drew quite the crowd as many were anxious to see them in action. If anyone is in the area of Ann Arbor for this VFW show, now would be a great time to stop up and see them in person.

I snapped 2 pics, one is of the crowded line and the other I was able to catch the UV+Glow in action when it was igniting the playfield. Hope to see you all up here tomorrow and Sunday. Clay's collection is amazing with over 350 pinballs to play.

#179 6 years ago

For those who didn't get a chance to see this in person:

Here is a video of our TWD Premium on display with the Pin Stadium kit at the VFW Pinball Museum show in Ann Arbor, MI. This pinball has our kit installed and UV+Glow flasher option connected to the Well Walker.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When you're playing a game 1 or 2 down a row from a machine with these lights set up, can you see them in your peripheral vision? That picture from the side where they're bright as heck makes me wonder.

Eric, good question and no it doesn't distract or blind you as I have it shielded on the awning system so that when they are in a row and you are next to them it is not an issue. I was just trying to get some pics down lower so that everyone can see the lights too. I have them lined up like an army at my house with kits and no issues. It was incorporated into the design. It does look cool though to see them when you are at a distance, like eye candy.

#189 6 years ago

Thank you all for appreciating these and being excited enough about them after seeing them in person to post this. That's great feedback and I am glad that I was able to get to the VFW show to meet you all. Makes me happy to see your smiling faces when playing the machines and enjoying the experience of these. That's what it's all about and is great confirmation for the product. That was an amazing show and it was a pleasure to meet everyone.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Scott, was going to PM you this question, but thought maybe feedback on this thread would prove valuable for anyone interested in the kit.
So, on your TWD at VFW, you had it hooked up so that the flashers would go off when the Well Walker was hit. Is this something that the user programs via your app? For example, I ordered one for my MET. If I want it to flash when it hits Sparky, is this done through the app itself or would I have to wire it the flashers for Sparky itself?

Thank you for your multiple orders to start!!! Glad you liked them that much, wow! And I will personally comment on your GC score, you smoked mine and it was an amazing game to witness.

To answer your question, the flasher portion connects directly to the machine and you can easily move it around with the alligator clips. So on Sparky you just connect it to the + and - of the flasher bulb on MET for example. Trent's Aerosmith has them on they Toy Box flasher so when the ball gets thrown into it to "Lock" you get that flash and powerful wash of light across the playfield. These are just the ones I have found to work well. Monster Bash is best with Frankenstein flashers and that playfield is the most intense reactivity I have seen yet out of all of the machines. It was unexpected and super cool. I hope this helps.

#192 6 years ago

You are more than welcome and I'm glad you posted this question.

#195 6 years ago

We are not sure yet as these are custom made for each machine and also with the flasher preference. As a result they are built for custom for each order. I will surely let you know once we get further into this. One thing is for sure that we will continue to make these regardless and the manufacturing time is going to be getting quicker and quicker each time. Thank you all for your support!!!

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I played Scott's TWD at the VFW this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. I also put up my personal best on the game, although way below the 700 million posted above (mine was 296 million). The UV flashers for me are cool but being tied to the well walker they become a bit overwhelming at times during multiball but I'm pretty light-sensitive. I'm not sure it was the lights that got me the score but i think it does help to be able to never have to waste even a fraction of a second tracking the ball with Pin Stadium installed.
I had already ordered 3 sets (one for AMH, one for WOZ and one for Domino's (with flashers)) and am extremely happy that I am order #2 and will hopefully get my sets very soon.
-Adam

Adam, it was nice to meet you and when I saw how happy you were to see them in person for the first time it was a good feeling. You were one of the first to see the vision of this technology with these with your early order, thanks. I remember you placed the order before the shopping cart was even live, haha!

Regarding the UV+Glow flasher option, you may want to change the flasher trigger to one of the ramp flashers. I put it on the Well Walker for the VFW show as it turns the playfield into quite a concert performance, but if you want to tone it down then simply connect it to the left or right ramps. That should a happy medium.

Thank you for being so pumped about these and I'm super excited to see the before and afters on your AMH, Dominos, and WOZ! I was impressed with the Dominos machine, it played great and was super fast. It ran very reliably all weekend too!

#197 6 years ago

Also here is a better video now that we are back from the VFW show. The upload without Wifi was low quality. This one is much better.

#199 6 years ago

Thanks, and you saw them in person so that's great input. I'm glad you liked them. The game does really well with this color.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just want to say that TWD played great, I wish mine played as good! I should have taken note of the level of the game.
The lights looked awesome, I'll probably order some for my TWD, the flashers are a must I think too.

Thanks!! One of the keys was I did have to modify the left bicycle girl ramp heavily. I did take the front ramp section off completely and put it on my workbench. I did the recommended dremel of the underside of the flap and also installed some felt pads strategically. Also tweaked around the left and right post screws for the upper portion of the ramp (see pic) so that it allows a better transition to the front section of the ramp where it hinges at the top.

As far as the level of the game, it was mid aggressive. Here is a pic of the bubble leveler as it sits now. I hope this helps.

#201 6 years ago

We wanted to reconfirm and let everyone know that the Pin Stadium kits (ordered and to be ordered) will come with a direct fit PCB board adapter for your machines including the new JJP and Stern SAM, Whitestar, Spike and Spike 2 systems, Spooky, Chicago Coin, Bally Williams WPC, WPC 95, System 11 etc. This will allow for direct plug and play powering up and down with the game. These will be included at no additional charge either. Thanks!!!

#205 6 years ago

We are in testing with it still to find the best solution. Either way it will be something we offer as an upgrade option or instruct on how to do with the kits as they ship.

#207 6 years ago

Glad you are excited and it's all about forward progression. I will keep everyone posted on the results for sure.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question about using this in WOZ: Does it fit around the castle walls on the Ruby Red version? It looks like it does from your first picture. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture from the side of how it is installed in that area if you have time.

Yes it clears perfect. I will take a pic of my WOZ RR so they you can see it.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question about using this in WOZ: Does it fit around the castle walls on the Ruby Red version? It looks like it does from your first picture. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture from the side of how it is installed in that area if you have time.

I took a couple pictures of the clearance and mounting you want to see near the castle walls for your RR WOZ

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thank you for your order, I saw it come in earlier today. You are going to be very pleased with the results and also with your AC/DC too. Looking forward to the before and afters on both of those!

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Would this install look similar to one in a BSD?
I was thinking the buildings might block the light.

Yes very similar to WOZ and WH2O with the boulders. It will clear and work great with BSD. The Pin Stadium kits were designed so that even when there is an object in front of them blocking the light, the other side of the kit will illuminate that area equally so you won't even know the difference. The BSD definitely needs them for sure. I hope this helps.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

how exactly are these stuck to the side?

They use our Magna Mount system, so it's magnetically attached to the inside of the pinball machine cabinet just below the glass line where it slides in.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ooops wrong person. I don't own AC/DC.
Thanks for posting the pics of the WOZ!

Sorry about that. And yes you are welcome.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

if the (UV) flashers are not on the strip where are they mounted? and are they part of the kit or extra?

They are an optinal upgrade. "FREEFLASH" is a discount code you can use towards them. They are stealth mounted on the same Pin Stadium unit at our GI lighting. Adjacent to them under the awning system.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hey Scott. Can we get an update with how many orders have been placed now bud?

Close in the 80's now. I will email when it's completed.

#224 6 years ago

Everything is in process!!!! Thanks Adam

#227 6 years ago

Thank you for both of your orders and we are getting close!!!!!

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh man. I just went for the base to brighten things up. Are the flashers that cool? Any videos floating around?

I did see your order without the flasher option, but chuckwurt is right, the UV+Glow he saw on my MMR LE is super cool. I don't have a video of it yet, but can get one up soon. You can always email me and let me know if you want to upgrade. Now would be the time to decide as they must be installed at the time of us building them. It's up to you, but I would recommend it.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What color would you suggest for flashers? Game would be MM. I was thinking about getting a led-kit, but perhaps I could do the lightning with this solution as well.

The UV+Glow flasher option looks really nice and performs well with the graphics on MM. I would suggest connecting it to the Castle Door flashers, as it seems to be the most appropriate spot on that game. You should be very pleased with the results.

Nice collection by the way. I will have to tell you that out of all of the playfields I have installed the Pin Stadium kit on with the UV+Glow upgrade gesture, MB is the most reactive one I have seen to date. I connected it to the Frankenstein flashers and when they fade on and off, the playfield is insane!!

#235 6 years ago

Would love to see a video. Presently I really just want to brighten things up, but could definitely be persuaded

Okay here is my one handed raw filming of my MMRLE with the UV+Glow feature. I hope this can persuade you, it's as good as it gets!

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm about to order one but don't see anywhere to put a discount code?
edit I see its on the first page..

In order to apply the discount code, you need to first add the Pin Stadium kit to the cart then click "View Cart"(this MUST be done to enter the code). It is there that you can enter it. Thank you for your upcoming order!

Scott

#240 6 years ago

Oh, btw where did you get that cool flickering light inside the castle?

Wow, you have attention to detail, good eye! I got it from Comet Pinball, its is their Flame bulb LED:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm

Glad you like it.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm about to order one but don't see anywhere to put a discount code?
edit I see its on the first page..

Thank you for your order!

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Looks good! I ordered the UV+Glow for my Alien. Maybe try to include powering the strips on and off in each video. It'll help everyone appreciate the big difference they make.

Yes, I do try to include it and didn't on that last one since the MMR owners were specifically requesting to see the flasher feature since they were happy with the GI results they saw. I should have done both though in that video. Good point, thanks!

#244 6 years ago

Posting this up on the Pin Stadium kit installed in my Stern Star Trek Premium. Believe it or not, this game was really a lot darker than most think. Although it is one of the brighter Stern machines, it still needs a bunch of help.

Star_Trek_Stern_pinball_led_lights (resized).pngStar_Trek_Stern_pinball_led_lights (resized).png

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Less talk, more production.

The earlier post to Adam indicates that we are in process and I'm moving forward. Sorry if that was not clear at all. Thanks and I am glad you are excited.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Would it be possible to have it set to be triggered by both ramps? Also does TWD need the flasher converter? Going to order soon just deciding what flasher color to get (I did like the UV).

TWD does not need a converter and you could trigger it with both ramps if you would like too. UV+Glow was a big hit at VFW and at the NKY tournament on the TWD Premium this weekend if that helps.

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks for the coupon code, bought one for TWD. My friend and I were really impressed at the VFW show, wish I would have seen this thread and known you were there. Will be cool to see one on Alien someday. I like that you can change the color of the LEDs that are always on with an app and only wish you could do the same for the flasher as well. That'd be too good! Trying to think if I should get white or green for WCS I think that might look good.

Yes thank you for your order and that would have been great to meet you up there at the VFW. We must have just missed each other. Alien is surely in need of one and I look forward to getting a set on that machine.
As far as WCS goes, I would say green would be the best looking in my opinion.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I've ordered these and have seen them first hand on my machines and others and the difference they make are incredible! The control through the app is already awesome and keeps getting better with Scotts reprogramming and upgrading of it so the user control is outstanding. The pics you see are really nice but when you see it in person it really seals the deal. I've seen concern about it washing out the light show but the user control let's you decide so that's no problem in my opinion. I love them.. thanks Scott and good luck with future runs of these.

Thanks for the input and I am glad you liked them. Thank for letting me demo them in your machines, this was the first time putting the Pin Stadium kit in a Tron and yours looked incredible. I had the UV+Glow flasher option connected to the Recognizer drop targets and it looked great, I am thinking that the Flynn flasher by the kickout hole would be another really cool place to connect them. It made me want to get another Tron in my collection after seeing it on yours!

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

So you'd purchase multiple sticky magnetic strips (that you'd leave on each game) and just move the kit to whatever game you want at that moment. The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

The kits are designed specifically for each machine and have a pcb power adapter connection to get the power from your machine. Moving them around is possible and not hard, but as we sell the kits they are made game specific. chuckwurt is streaming games and he liked them so much that he wanted to stream many games quickly, but if you are going to own the game then it's best just to buy one for each which is what he decided would be best. However let's say you sell the game, then it's like the concept of the ColorDMD mod, meaning you usually want to put it into the next machine you get versus giving up your mod that could have been used in the new one you are getting. At that point then you would just need to order a "power adapter and re-mount kit" from us which is easy and affordable so that you can accommodate the new machine.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just placed an Order for a kit. As I will use it for SAM and Spike games, I ordered the5 Volt / 12 Volt converter als well. I Hope the Converter is a separat Hardware, which can be added or left away depending for which Game you use the kit.

Yes it is separate, but included with your order if you select "Yes" to that option.

#266 6 years ago

I have moved them off of several machines before and had not had any issues, but I suggest a hair dryer or heat gun in order to do so properly and safely.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

The app would enable you to recall how you like each particular game to look and you just hit a button and the lights are just as you'd like them to be for that game. Wow!

The Pin Stadium app allows you to have a default setting for each game and also multiple custom settings for each pinball too in case you are in a different mood or the pinball is in a different lighting environment. Fully adjustable, you can even set custom color changing patters(up to 16 different colors in this mode) and choose strobe, jump, or fading while adjust being able to adjust the speed of those and brightness levels of each individual colors as it travels through the program sequence you create. You can also name each custom setting so that it is easily identifiable for you.

Also once you have multiple Pin Stadium kits you can organize them in the app and control them separately by tapping on them or you can even change them all to the same color setting simultaneously, and you could even really mess with people at a party by turning them all off unexpectedly to go back to the original dark playfield (I have done it several times for fun and it always brings a chuckle for most, assuming it's just a casual game being played of course, not some GC one).

The app also now allows you to color match the lights to the exact color of let's say a color you like on the outside of the cabinet or playfield, or anywhere. You simply open the app up, choose your pinball machine, then go to the camera option in the app and take a picture up close of the color you like and boom it matches the lights! This is really nice for the finicky person that wants precision color matching for their machine.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

What about damage to inside art or mirror blades? I really thought the magnet was on the light bar and it grabbed the tiny edge of the glass channel for adhesion. Like others have said, some installation instructions could have avoided any confusion.

There is not any room on the glass channel to attach as it would cause issues with the glass going in. When you receive the kit, the Magna mount system is built into the Pin Stadium kit. you don't have to do anything other than simply peel of the adhesive back covering off on the kit and put it them on your machine just below the glass line. It takes no more than a few seconds. Check this video out and it will show you how they mount:

It's a very professional mounting system and it is not going to cause damage to your mirro blades or art. These kits were designed to accommodate someone that is very particular and precise their machines and collections. I have them installed on all of my machines and they have been tested and tried. More than half of them have mirror blades and/or art blades. Take a look at my collection to see what machines they are installed on, all top end pins just like your collection.

Trent has them installed on his prototype Aerosmith Premium, and this weekend at the NKY tournament many had me install the demo sets on their machines (Tron, TWD, and GOT) with no issues or questions of quality but in fact even more desire to get them in their machines and to order more.
I hope this helps!

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How thin is the magnetic strip? My WOZ is so tight that the playfield can rub against the sides of the cabinet when I raise and lower it. I would worry about the strip peeling off.

The design of the mount is extremely thin and WOZ will clear with no problem and any machine to that point. In fact they even clear on my MET with mirror/art blade combos. This has been incorporate in the design and thoroughly tested.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It sounds like you are moving forward with production if I read right. When do you expect for them to begin shipping?

Yes we are officially in production as of this week and we are looking at 8-10 weeks but could be sooner. Things are moving very smoothly. Thank you everyone for your support and going forward we are still accepting orders that will follow in line after the pre-order crowd's Pin Stadium kits. Thank you for all of your support and we are super excited to get these out to you to bring to light and life to your pinball machines!

#278 6 years ago

By popular requests, I am posting this here also (granted this works on all the pins, but in this example demonstrates it on a MET rather well! ). Also this addresses the previous clearance questions about the kit. This is on my MET Premium and it also has the PinGraffix mirror/Pinblade art combo so it's as thick as they come and it still clears. You just have to make sure you raise the playfield carefully straight up and you are good!

--

We have just installed our Pin Stadium kit with the UV+Glow flasher upgrade option. Our kit is iPhone/Android app controllable and when installed is invisible to the player during gameplay. This will provide your Metallica with not only excellent playfield illumination (this is in a completely dark room) coupled with our the UV flasher feature that ignites the entire playfield. You can fully adjust the colors and individually control the white LED lights independently of each other inside of the app.

I did my best to try to capture the UV+Glow feature effect, in person it's super impressive. If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please visit the Pin Stadium website at http://www.pinstadium.com

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy this.

#279 6 years ago

And here is the before and after for the illumination comparison that the Pin Stadium kit delivers to MET

metallica_pinball_led_lighting (resized).pngmetallica_pinball_led_lighting (resized).png

#285 6 years ago

Thank you very much for your order, it was received successfully. Wow!! You're going to love them. You have a really nice collection and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of these with the Pin Stadium kits installed!!!

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Which I'm going to try my hardest to integrate into the pinstadium to sync it with the Lightshow.

Very cool and I think it would be a great match made in heaven. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I would be more than happy to help integrate this with your kit anyway I can. Let's talk!

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm already testing 12V leds driven via a stepup converter and all looks good. The only thing I need to know is whether your LEDs are common cathode/anode, or if there is discrete +/- for each colour.

PM sent !

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Are the strips how visible to the player? On some videos one can spot them easily and in some videos one cannot see the strips? Could it be that they are visible only when one has installed mirror blades in his pin?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are not visible to the player at all. You would have to stand to the side of the player and bend down to see them.

chuckwurt is correct, you can't see them when you are playing. In the videos I am filming them from directly overhead so you only see them because of that and the reflection. They are designed to be stealth and chuckwurt has seen and played them in person so he knows from experience.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks so much better massive improvement on ST, but I have a blackout mod installed in my STLE, I guess until your kits can be powered/hooked into GI that a kit on my STLE would render my blackout mod/controller fairly useless?

We are still in testing with a new design that would allow the Pin Stadiums GI to sync with the games. I will post up our results, and let you know. Either way if you are a little crafty I could instruct you on how to do it regardless of if its an official kit are testing.

Also, on my ST I put the brightness setting down a bit so that the laser light show still works well. I found a great balance in the settings of the Pin Stadium app to accommodate this. However, if you are going to pitch black, then await my update on the potential GI integration option upgrade that we may offer.

#296 6 years ago

Here is a great before and after of the MMR kit. As many know we are a little over a week in production, we have created the plug and play PCB power adapter for the Chicago Gaming (AFM and MMR) pinball machine for a super simple clean easy install. We also have them for everyone else's machines that have placed an order. So anything from the latest current pinballs back to the System 11 machines.

This MMRLE Gold has this feature installed so that it powers on and off with the machine. As a reminder this adapter is included free at no charge for everyone that has purchased.

This pinball is my personal machine and used to have 7 warm white LED spotlights that I installed and still was inadequate, especially in the areas where it was not shining. This is also has the UV+Glow flasher feature too. The trigger is connected to the left and right castle flashers.

If you look closely you can see where I have pulled the bulbs and housings out. I plan to fully disconnect them and get rid of the eye sore of all of those darn spotlights!! I kept the purple castle ones though for the effect on the castle's walls.

#301 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

All of us here are pinball lovers and when we see a pin we appreciate the artwork involved so like you say on MM.. it's a kickass theme and looks great so when you can get rid of spotlights and hot/dark spots and really SEE the playfield it makes for a much better experience for sure. ST is perfect example, not the most amazing art yes but it is bright on the realm of pins and pin stadium lights make it a nice even coat over the whole pin. You will simply get more customers when they see it first hand.. that's my opinion at least.

I like the way you explain it as an even coat, which exactly what it does. I'll have to remember that term when explaining it to others at the shows.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

These look terrific! Great for competitive players like myself, I like to see every aspect of the playfield!

Thanks and you are correct, this will help tremendously with giving 100% visibility at all times of the pinball when playing. No more light/dark hot spots like driving in and out of tunnels on a sunny day. Your eye can track the pinball and you can focus on your next 3 shots.

I have experienced consistent higher scoring in my own experiences and I received the same comment from many at the shows too saying the same thing. Bigbossfan played the Pin Stadium TWD Premium at the VFW show and said this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/4#post-3755062

He also smoked my GC score, but ordered tons of Pin Stadium kits for his collection after playing so I think we are even

Another big benefit I have not mentioned is that when the playfield is illuminated so well under the glass with our kits, it also heavily reduces or in many cases removes any glaring from the DMD or backglass reflections you might experience. That used to be a big issue with me, especially when I had LED strips behind the flippers or spotlights that shined right in my eyes. Drove me nuts!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Have ya wiped it off yet bud?? LOL

I just recently broke the record last Thursday at 975,968,790

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Shit.....epic game bud!

Thank you for the motivation But it wasn't easy.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn son. You shouldn't have backed out on the NKY league bro.

I will surely keep it in mind, thanks!

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One spot left in the tournament at my place Saturday. It's got your name written all over it!!

I am out of town in NY this weekend unfortunately. Thank you so much for the offer though!

#311 6 years ago

Many have requested a live video of the Pin Stadium lights being turned on and off from the player's perspective. Here is a raw video of exactly that to demonstrate the major improvement of lighting of the playfield. No more dark spots!

About 28 seconds in you will see this demonstration begin for about the next 10 seconds or so. This Metallica Premium is also equipped with our UV+Glow feature upgrade that is built into the Pin Stadium kit. So each time Sparky gets hit you will see the playfield come alive with the UV flashes. Hard to see where our kit is installed? Well that's the point of the our stealth factory mounting system. Even when you are playing you can't see it, but you can see the results. Check it out:

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Love the vids, but I'm already sold of course! desperate for my kit, show me pics of parts, parts, parts!

Yours is in production actually! It's very busy at the Pin Stadium factory to say the least. Everything is going really smooth too!

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

When will they ship?

We went into production last week and our ship time is 8-10 weeks, but now we are a week in so around 7-8 weeks. Production is going smooth so it may be much sooner. We will email each person as they ship. Also per the request of many, we are testing a GI add-on integration option that will allow the pinballs GI circuit to turn on and off the Pin Stadiums. Depending on how that goes, we will offer this as an optional upgrade before everyone's ships. This will also be LEDOCD compatible (another question by many).

Additionally we have also further enhanced the UV+Glow flasher feature to have an even brighter and longer light cast throw. All we can say is wow!!! Which means anyone that has ordered this option will get this newest version at no additional charge. It's quite remarkable.

Thank you all Pinsiders for the suggestions and we love the input. We are working on many cool features for our Pin Stadium app (iPhone and Android). Some have seen sneak previews at the show. You will be able to organize multiple Pin Stadium kits, and you can label the machine name too.

Another neat feature is that you can dial in the lights to a specific color using your phone camera. Let's say there is a color on the playfield you like, you take a picture of it in the app using the camera and voila! The lights will be dialed into that exact color.

There's even more to come!

Scott

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

If I wanted to switch from the blue flasher option to the uv-glow, is that possible?

Yes would be fine, there's an upcharge for that option. Just email me at [email protected] and we can make the adjustment for you.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Question and I apologize if this has been answered already:
When you need to lift the playfield and the stadium lite strips need to come off for the playfield to clear, is there a electrical quick disconnect on the upper end of each strip?

No problem and good question. No there is no need to disconnect them. If you are just raising the playfield at an angle you simply rest the light bars on the playfield, and if you want to go all the way vertical then you rest them leaning on the inside edges of the backbox (other end on the bottom of your cabinet).

It's really simple and takes a couple seconds because hey were designed specifically for this purpose. I can't tell you how many times I raise my playfield in a week or in a day. I'm sure many can relate to this. So it had to be easy.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I would not order one for use on AFM without it (needed badly for strobe multiball) or for Monster Bash either.

Then you will be pretty happy as those are the machines I'm testing it on. AFM and MB are right next to each other in my collection. Similar minds think alike! I'll keep everyone updated.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Can the stadium lights change from white to green to support Space Station green mode?
» YouTube video

You can program then to fade from white to red at the rate (gradual, jump, or strobe) and intensity (brightness for each color) you would like. This will be what the do while you play and is not specific to the machine controlling that pattern though. You can dial in the lights to compliment it at any color and I am sure you will be very satisfied with the results and will also work nicely with that mode.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Scott, don't know if it's been posted or not....the app. Also have you given consideration to making a tutorial on using the app and posting on YouTube?

The app will go public with the first Pin Stadium kit being shipped and we will provide instructions on how to use and offer email tech support with any questions beyond that. It's going to be a very simple to use yet sophisticate app with all the nook and crannies even the most detailed person will want to start. But again, we will add many more as suggestions and tips come in along with the great ideas we already have in the works. The same way we treated our kits we will treat the app with upgrades and enhancements from Pinsider ideas and suggestions!! It's the best suggestion box there could be really.

#329 6 years ago

Also to let everyone know that we do have some extra spots left in on the pre-order since our production is going so well we were able to open up several more. We are on schedule and likely ahead of schedule. We have had many wanting to order more, so if you or your friends want to get a set then now is the time.

Here is the discount code for the free flasher feature upgrade "FREEFLASH". This will discount your order by $25 if you choose the flasher feature or works as a 50% discount for the latest UV+Glow flasher color (by far our most popular). Thank you!!

#330 6 years ago

Thank you all for your orders, there are still kits available. As long as our website accepts your order then there are still available spots.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm excited to see which will arrive first, my lights or my Alien pinball!
Scott, we're going to need an option for extra magnets. I'm going to want to try this out on several games. I wonder if the magnet(s) can be moved from game to game. I don't want to find myself at Wal-Mart looking for some magnets on a roll.

You definitely don't want to try to find these as they are specific to our kits that will stand the test of quality and time too. If you want to move our Pin Stadium lights to another machine to test them then that can easily be done. We can offer you an addition Magna-Mount system when we ship your order. PM me or shoot an email out to [email protected]

By the way, last night we had an in depth look at a Full Throttle machine and it really needed them too. Great flowing game but a dark in a gameroom setting. Made me think of you and your Alien. Can't wait to see the results on your machine. Please post up pics when you receive your kit.

#333 6 years ago

We have updated our website shopping cart to allow more orders. If you tried to place one and couldn't, that issue has been resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Production is going well and we are looking at 5-6 weeks left!!! Could be less even.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Any word on this option yet? I would add this (at extra cost) to the two units I have on order and place another order for two more units if this option is available.

Our first version that was tested last week needs some more work as it did not function to our liking on one of the machines tested, so v2 of the GI integration is in the works. I will post up here the results of that. We will also email everyone prior to shipping their order if this becomes an option. We are working hard at it!!

#347 6 years ago

For sure on the bumps. It happens, this has all been figured out and I contacted him. I think he just wanted others to know so that they did not run into that issue and that it was clear, thanks! It's all good!!!

Production update is even better! 4-5 weeks or less! In the meantime, here is a side by side comparison on the MMR with the Pin Stadium lights installed.

Also still working on the GI testing mod too, and before and afters of Tron with our kit installed coming soon also. We have the UV+Glow hooked up to the Recognizer target and it's super super impressive! Just got it hooked up this morning. I will post up pics soon and also some vids with our new camera system thanks chuckwurt !

MMR_led_lighting_pinball (resized).pngMMR_led_lighting_pinball (resized).png

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING MINE FOR THE BATMAN 66 SLE

Yes these are going to really make your BM66 come alive!!

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Before and afters of Tron with our kit installed coming soon also.

Check this out, fresh install of Pin Stadium's on Stern Tron Pro. This kit also have the UV+Glow feature on this machine hooked up to the Recognize target. Looks impressive and the effect is incredible on this playfield. TRON: Legacy (Pro)

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can only speak for the games I have seen the kit in, so I will do my best.
In my opinion, the flasher kit works best on games that don't go crazy with flashers. I think the GI only option would be best for games like Starship Troopers. I don't think the GI would diminish the flashers in that game at all. Best way to be for sure, take one of your pinstadium sets from another game and throw it into SST.
That's what I plan to do with WCS. I know the kit looks awesome in GOT (flasher effect hooked up to BWMB jackpots to make the whole game Flash green. I'm just not sure how the green flasher will work in WCS since the flashers in that game are used with just about any major shot in the game. I'm afraid it will be a bit too much. And that game has pretty good lighting throughout without the pinstadium lights so I might not need anything for that game.
SST is a very dark game though so it could benefit greatly from the GI piece of the kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the brightness can be adjusted (maybe scott can confirm or deny). That way you can tune it to a way that it gives you the added GI brightness and not lose those awesome flashers.
Also hooking the pinstadium into the flashers in SST will add to the flasher effects already in the game and will probably overtake the added GI brightness the kit gives you.
My official recommendation: treat pinstadium like CDMD. Take it from game to game in your house and try it out to see where it works and where it doesn't.
Remember though. You will need to add an extra magna mount system to each order for each game you would want to swap the kit from game to game. I got three extra magna mounts in my order to help me try this out in some other games.

Cheeks chuckwurt
The key with any of the games is going to be able to choose the correct level of brightness. In the Pin Stadium app you can choose the RGB color and brightness from 0-100% and in between the RGB LED's are embedded white LED's of which you can control independently from 0-100% also.

So for example in a game like SST I would suggest turning the brightness up to about 70% to start and then go up/down from there. Then as far as the flasher feature, the UV+Glow would then really bring alive the playfield and won't take away from the other colors that are flashing. The right combo of the brightness, color level, and flasher color choice will make it so that you can dial it in to exactly what you want without losing the effects of the game. It will give you some very nice brilliant lighting to see the playfield and ball.

On WCS you could use our converter to trigger the flasher feature based upon another bulb other than the flashers if you decided you wanted let's say an insert bulb to determine when they come on or off. This would be a very creative workaround to this and I have done this personally on some machines for that very reason.

I hope this helps.

#356 6 years ago

Just a heads up as we start into another week of production. We have just put up a Facebook page for you all to checkout too. It would be a good idea to follow us here as we will post updates and footage etc. Thanks!!

https://m.facebook.com/pinstadium

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Any updated time frame for the preorder people? My RZLE is pumped for this!

We are at about 4 weeks!!!

#360 6 years ago

To demonstrate the quality and brightness of our special made UV+Glow flasher feature. Normally you would just hook this up to your favorite flasher faster but in this case I hooked it up to a constant "On" source so that you all can see it since flash is hard to capture on camera. It creates an amazing and wondrous eerie glow that really brought the UV reactive Ghostbusters Premium to life. Look at Slimer glowing his glory:

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While I appreciate you providing options, frankly if I wanted an always on UV lighting source, I would get the Pinball Refinery UV kit for about 1/3 of your price. The whole reason I paid extra for your kit was the more normalized lighting and UV only in flashes, not a constant UV washout.

littlecammi is correct it was only to show the UV+Glow color and effect since it's hard to see when it flashes in videos. It's not the intended use but just a fun video I put up. You would just connect a feature trigger to this normally.

#365 6 years ago

Great news!! We are on our 3rd revision of our GI On/Off integration and it's looking to be rather promising. Tomorrow is going to be the first day of testing with the newly designed board. I will keep you all posted.

#366 6 years ago

Super exciting day at Pin Stadium! We have created an optional GI game controllable upgrade that is successfully working awesome. Many have requested this as an add-on feature

Originally the Pin Stadium kit would stay on throughout the duration of the game which works and looks excellent, however many have desired to have the GI portion of our lights to be turned on and off with the machine for the full light show effect. This really is exceptional and now those with games that rely on GI lights going off such as strobe multiball in AFM, Star Trek laser show, MB, and many more!!

We will be announcing the pricing shortly and please let us know if you are interested in upgrading your current order to include this. Watch this all of the way through until the end so that you can see the finale effect too. Let us know what you think!!

stern_tron_pro_LED_pinstadium (resized).pngstern_tron_pro_LED_pinstadium (resized).png

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don't rush him
The faster pinstadium gets the intial model/orders out, the faster he will get the v.2 with GI integration perfected and when that happens my wallet is going to go into cardiac arrest

Just letting you know that your dream came true! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/8#post-3860979

#370 6 years ago

An even higher resolution video (different from above) of our kit in action on TRON: Legacy (Pro):

#375 6 years ago

Glad you all like it and it's also LED OCD compatible too!

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've been following developments on this kit closely. Your perseverance at making the product all that it can be is commendable. One quick question, in its current stage of development, are the Pin Stadium Lights still turned on independently of machine power on?

Thank you very much and I am glad you have enjoyed the progress. Yes the Pin Stadium kits now are direct plug and play and turn On/Off with each machine.

Also here is the ending clip of the grand finale of Tron from the previous video. It highlights the ending for those who may have not watch it at the end. This is worth checking out:

#382 6 years ago

Thank you and glad you like what you saw!

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

did I see its an add on. does that mean extra cost? and how much extra? seems like that's just the way they should work..

It is an add-on feature as it requires a custom control module to be installed inline with the Pin Stadium lighting kit. It was a big chore to get this to work and after many revisions and month's of testing we were able to offer this up. We will need to know with each order if you want to upgrade to this. Pricing and availability will be posted next week sometime and we will email all current customer's also.

#387 6 years ago

chuckwurt

Most are wanting it so that the pinball controls it's theatric effects for specific modes and shots. However from a competitive playing experience or for web streaming having constant on is desired. It's really a matter of what you would prefer. We are designing the GI kit to be able to be enabled and disabled depending on your preference and usage. So this way everyone may want one since its gives you full control.

#388 6 years ago

We will update this week with the GI integration option pricing and availability as many are wanting and waiting for this. We e been testing all weekend so our V3 version of this and it's solid as a rock. Also note that we are down to 3-4 weeks for the first pre-order sets to ship out.

In the meantime here is some footage of TWD Premium with our kit really illuminating what would be a very dark an extremely playfield in the low light VFW hall setting at the Ann Arbor show. The UV+Glow upgrade option is on this too and being triggered by the Well Walker. Enjoy!

#389 6 years ago

Here is a recording of a live stream of the first impressions of the Pin Stadium lights from the NKY Pinball group. You will get to see the lights turn off/on in action through the video but most notable at 4:55 in. Kit has the UV+Glow option too, hence the bright flashes when Recognizer is hit. Super cool effect, but the big thing here is the dark to light comparison. Enjoy!

Note that the LED light source is visible due to the overhead view shot which does not appear like this to player's perspective during the game:

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

The difference is crazy.. they will sell... and now your incorporating lights out with GI it will be more desired,IMHO

Yes we are super excited and things are going so well. Pin Stadiums have been sold to just about every major continent and for so many different pinballs. We will be posting shortly the pricing and availability of the GI integration upgrade option many have requested that is happening !!

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how much is this again? Seems to make a very big diff.

The Pin Stadium kits starts at $149.95 and we have plug and play adapters that are included for just about any pinball machine. You can place an order at www.pinstadium.com

If you have any questions please PM me here or email at [email protected]

Thanks,

Scott

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Scott, don't know if it's been posted or not....the app. Also have you given consideration to making a tutorial on using the app and posting on YouTube?

Here is the full walk-through and preview of the Pin Stadium app that many have been waiting for. We are super excited to announce this and show this to you all! It has been fully annotated and detailed as if I were in person demonstrating it at the pinball shows (which several of you may have been to). Here you go!

The video below is a fuller screen higher resolution version here but it doesn't have the walk-through. This one is good for getting a great visual on the app though:

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

How much extra is the GI integration?

We wil be announcing it sometime on or before this weekend.

#397 6 years ago

Here are some screenshots of the Pin Stadium app while it operates the kit on TWD Premium. Then a before and after with the lights On/Off

image1 (resized).pngimage1 (resized).png
image2 (resized).pngimage2 (resized).png
image5 (resized).pngimage5 (resized).png
image3 (resized).pngimage3 (resized).png
image4 (resized).pngimage4 (resized).png
image6 (resized).pngimage6 (resized).png
image8 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpeg

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks bad ass to me

Thanks!! We are in process of putting together a full comprehensive video that covers all that you can do with the app and how to control it. Here is our intro for now, we will keep everyone update and also announce the GI upgrade option and availability with pricing this weekend too!

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone have this installed on Batman 66?

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

It's not even available yet....they are still in "preorder" mode and have not shipped one unit. The examples you see on here are from shows, a couple beta testers, and from there personal machines.

That is correct we are in production of the first round of Pre-Orders and it's going really well. We have just a few weeks left until they ship. We are now taking allowing those to place regular orders that will put you in line after the pre-order shipments go out. Turn-around time will be excellent as we will have some inventory in stock at that time. Thank you all for your support and we look forward to getting these into your hands.

#408 6 years ago

As many have requested as a feature add-on, we have designed and created a GI Plug-In integration module option for the Pin Stadium kit ($60). This is part of our new enhancement line of products for your Pin Stadium kit.

This allows your pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadium lighting system and so that pinball will sync it's GI control to our kit to unleash full theatrical effects of during gameplay/modes. For example: Attack from Mars (AFM/AFMR) strobe multiball, Star Trek (ST) laser star field, Metallica (MET) Fade to Black, etc. Plugs easily into your existing kit.

Every game will benefit from this and it will further turn your playfield into an intense concert stage for your viewing pleasure!

*Please note: If you currently have an order in process, then select "Pick up in store" and we will add it to your exiting order with no additional shipping.

We have limited availability on this first run please be sure to place your order soon. If you already have an order with us for Pin Stadium kit, then be sure to select "Pick up in store" for your delivery option so that we can give you free shipping on this. We will simply ship it with your order at no additional shipping charges.

Important: As many know we are in production and have just a few weeks left to ship our first kits out (going out in the order received). Our production is going really well and as a result there are some EXTRA KITS that we have made available. Which means that if you want to order additional Pin Stadium kits, you can choose the GI Plug-In option when placing your order during checkout process.

To order please go to our website shop: http://pinstadium.com/shop/

Here is the GI option in action on Tron, watch it all the way though until the end so that you can see it doing what it's supposed to do:

Thank you again for all of your great support with this product,

Scott

#409 6 years ago

We have also sent emails to all of those who have ordered in case you didn't see the update here. Great response already, thanks to you all! As a reminder we strongly suggest to "Like" us on Facebook as we are putting up a lot of updates there:

https://www.facebook.com/pinstadium

Scott

#410 6 years ago

Also to clarify the GI upgrade integration option has been extremely popular and many are excited about this option. A few have asked about compatibility with which machines and to clarify this module is compatible with all the manufacturers that we offer our kit for (Stern, WPC, Chicago Gaming, JJP, Spooky, Data East, System 11, etc).

Star Wars had been really popular for those ordering our kits recently. It's needs them! We are going to work on getting some pictures and footage on SW shortly and post them up here.

#414 6 years ago

Resent the email it to you and see got it this time. Sorry you didn't get it before.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Are you sure? I did not receive the email, not even in the spam folder.

So sorry that you didn't get it. PM sent with info

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The GI on / off looks great. The TRON video showed it off well, but as suggested, I think a MET Sparky multiball start would really show the advantage of having the switchable GI option.

Good suggestion, I've got a MET Premium I can do that on too. I will add that to the list of vids. Thanks. Lights Out on WOZ has been popular for this addon too.

#420 6 years ago

Looks like most everyone has been taken care of regarding the GI upgrade option. Thank you again for your enthusiasm and support. There are still some available for those who did not get our our PS kits or the G.I. upgrade module. So if anyone is on the fence about these now would be a great time to pull the trigger. Also if anyone did not receive an email please let me know. You can PM me here or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks,

Scott

#421 6 years ago

Just keeping everyone update on things. This week was a productive one and things are moving excellent. We plan to start shipping here shortly in August. An email will be sent out to each customer when your Pin Stadium kit is on its way. The future is here and thank you all for your support on making this a smash hit!

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Can't wait,going to get my JD set up to see how these look for the club get together.

It will be interesting to see which one (out of your really nice collection) they get drawn too.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the kit on your JD and especially at the event of the crowd that surrounds it!!!

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Hello Scott
I have two on order and need the GI update on both.
Goetz

Thanks for messaging here, I sent an email to you just now with the info to order. Thanks Goetz

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

please add to my order the go update

And DerGoetz
Here is the link to order it: http://pinstadium.com/shop/

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Hi,
also have two on order that require the GI update. Nil email received yet. Tried to order via website but nil pickup option for international order.
thanks
Cameron

Cameron,

Sorry that you did not receive the email. I will resend it to you. You can go ahead and place the order on the website and accept the shipping (it forces this unfortunately for international) , but when I process it for you, you will not be charged for shipping just the GI. Thank you and glad to help!!

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Hi,
also have two on order that require the GI update. Nil email received yet. Tried to order via website but nil pickup option for international order.
thanks
Cameron

Order received thanks!!

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hey Scott, it's August - start shipping already!

We are shipping in August, correct. I will personally email everyone before the order goes out. Our goal is to have every order shipped out by the end of August too! Things are going really good and super smooth. Thank you again for everyone's support to make this a successful launch.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Maybe this has been brought up before, and I missed, but has this been tried in a machine like Pinball Magic? No GI, all controlled lighting, notoriously dark. I am local to you and have a nice example, with the LED OCD kit, if you want to give it a try.
Jerry

This machine has come up a few times in fact on a few occasions. We make a kit for it that's plug and play. It would surely really benefit from this tremendously !!

Scott

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Do these kits work in early 80s Ballys? They are all pretty much too dark to play in a completely dark room and switching to LEDs only compounds the problem. Spotlights look really out of place in these games, so the lighting options are limited. These are pre-flashers, so the flasher option might not be usable, but at least the general lighting part could be helpful if they're compatible. I have 10 games from this era, so it would be nice to know if they work.

Yes we do have a specific adapter for those that's plug and play! They will work great on those machines and the flasher option will work too as you can trigger it off one an insert light or another bulb of your choice (6v). That could be pretty cool and custom for those games.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I am not sure how this could be plug and play, as there are no lights on full time. Each is only on for a small segment of the game, usually for 1 shot.
Wouldn't that mean your lights are only on for the same time as what light you hooked them to?
I am interested for this machine, but I need to know how these could work.
And !!!! doesn't help me.
Thx.

chuckwurt is right on as the Pin Stadiums have the option to be on all the time with the standard kit or you can upgrade to the GI module that lets the pinball machine gain control of them to synchronize the PS kit with the pinball. So in the case of Pinball Magic you would not use the GI upgrade module and the adapter we provide would just tap the power (plug and play) from the boards. The flashers are another feature option which you would just connect to one of the flashers on the game.

Scott

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

OK. I thought they were integrated into gameplay, and controlled by certain light circuits. On PM, the main lights will just be on all the time.
Thx

They can do either of those depending on what option you choose.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I ordered 15 kits! I guess I want to support the project too!

Yes, you have been a great supporter (to say the least) thanks!!! Your collection is going to light up like a city skyline now too.

#451 6 years ago

Here's some more player perspective before and after shots on MET Premium.

Update: The Pin Stadium factory is very busy this month folks!!

#453 6 years ago

Glad you are so excited!! The kits are very refined and looking great. The first units will be shipping out shortly and will start going out this month for sure. They will be shipping in the order received. We will email each person as their Pin Stadiums leave in route to you.

Scott

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

It's still a race, which arrives first, my lights or my Alien pin! I'm excited about both!

The first kit came off the Pin Stadium assembly line today for AFM. There are many kits in line almost ready also. Production is great and each kit is being personally fully tested (QC) before shipping. Here is a raw video (one handed filming ) of the customer's AFM kit with the UV+Glow and GI integration module. It looks really impressive and the GI theatrics are superb.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#456 6 years ago

Here is an even better video of the kit on Attack from Mars, the UV+Glow is connected to the Saucer hit target and the GI integration module is in effect for one effect of a light show!

1 week later
#460 6 years ago

Hey Scott, any eta on the shipping of the preorder people. Looking to get my RZLE hooked up. Thanks-Joe

I sent an email out to you just now. The pre-orders are beginning to ship. A few went out this week but many more next week. You will receive an email when it goes to ship.

#462 6 years ago

Thanks! Can't wait.....

Quoted from davijc02:

I got a set for my RZ as well. Did you do the flasheroption if so what color did you pick

UV+Glow is what he ordered. I hope this helps.

Scott

#463 6 years ago

Pin Stadium kits (attached a pic of what you will see when it arrives on your porch) are in final production and our first sets have started to ship. Here is the first review from a customer on Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/10#post-3932561

I hope to post up a video soon of it in AFM with strobe multiball with the GI module integration, it's insane!!! Strobe has never been any better and the playfield with the UV+Glow is impressive. Likely one of the most (and there are many) UV reactive playfield to date.

We are working vigorously day and night on production (literally) and a batch of them will be shipping later this week. More will ship next week and they will continue to flow out of our facility until all orders have been filled. Things are going really well and there are no hold ups whatsoever. It's just a matter of time and work with lots of testing and QC on each and every kit before it leaves our hands and goes into yours.

When your kit goes to ship I will personally email you the tracking information. It won't be long that's for sure. We appreciate your patience and support as always and just wanted to give an update. Check and "Like" our Facebook for updates too:

www.facebook.com/pinstadium

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
"The Collector's Choice in Premium Pinball Lighting"
www.pinstadium.com

IMG_6226 (resized).JPGIMG_6226 (resized).JPG

#465 6 years ago

The next batch is being prepared for shipment!! They are starting to get into more customer's hands as we speak.

#469 6 years ago

Quoted from Phbooms:If i ordered now how long roughly would it be till it would be shipped?

Roughly 3-4 weeks or so as we are pumping out the pre-orders and in the meantime new orders are flooding in at the same and we are shipping those in the orders received. Thank you for the more than overwhelming response everyone!!!

We also will have a booth at the Chicago Expo this year for our launch. Machines will be on demo (customer ones and our own) with the Pin Stadium kits in action and our goal is to have them in stock too!

#470 6 years ago

QC testing a customer's WPC95 kit right now in the Cactus Canyon Continued before it ships. This has the GI module integration option and also the UV+Glow (triggered from the salon flasher). Here are some Before and Afters.

The last picture is of the 9 spotlight bulbs that were installed to try to brighten this game up previously (and a year ago and 2 1/2 hours worth of work). They didn't even do the job prior and with the kit you couldn't even tell they were there. When I pulled the bulbs out there was no noticabalr change in brightness due to the Pin Stadium kit powering the CCC playfield with its glow.

#471 6 years ago

Here is a video of CCC in action with our lights and a very rare moment of Cowboys Versus Aliens. Notice the GI module turning on and off in synchronization with the machine (particularly noticeable during Gunfight mode). Also UV+Glow is hitting hard when the saloon is smacked.

#473 6 years ago

No worries it was during a lunch break. And for all you know it could have been your kit!

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Getting excited! Is Order #48 in there?

PM sent! and I see you just upgraded to the GI module integration, wow this is going to kill it on your Total Lightshow kit. What a great combination of products!! And our kits are fully compatible with LED OCD if anyone has them too.

#475 6 years ago

This is a QC test on one of our customer's kits heading to the Netherlands for his LOTR before it leaves our facility. He is a superstar on these forums and we appreciate his interest in the Pin Stadiums. We hope that he loves his kit. Thank you!!

This pinball LED lighting kit is our Pin Stadium with the UV+ glow (purplish flash you see when Balrog is triggered) and the newest option the GI module integration which allows the pinball machine to integrate itself with our kit. This allows for a very visually reactive cinematic experience on modes and effects when the GI is dimmed or turned off. At the beginning of the video notice the GI effects, then later Balrog comes out for quite a show!

For more information or to order please visit: www.pinstadium.com

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had my GOT on the floor at the Cleveland pinball show all weekend with my pinstadium kit in there. Was played constantly, received lots of compliments and it won the best modern game award!!

Congratulations on this! I'm glad that the lights helped to draw the crowd and seal the deal for your extremely nice GOT. Wow!!!

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Well that thing is bad ass!!!

He has done a really good job with the app and dialing in the color with precision so that it works super well with the artwork colors. Maybe chuckwurt can share the exact settings for other GOT owners getting the Pin Stadium kit?

The general rule is to start with the majority color that you see when you look at the playfield. If it's more than one color then usually if you mix those two together (happy medium on the middle) then it will look really good.

When it's one majority color, I like to use the camera feature in the app and take a picture of that part of the playfield. It will then dial in the colored LED portion to that specific color, next you can turn up the white color (it defaults to 0% purposely) for the exact desired amount of illumination.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Scott,
you originally planned to ship all orders until end of August. Now we have mid of September. If you shipped in timely order of the incoming orders, at which number are you actually now with your shipments? Any profection, when the first 100 orders will be shipped?
I am just curious, when I can expect my shipment

The Pin Stadiums are being shipped out continually now each day and I do thank you for your patience. In a couple weeks they should be all out to the pre-orders and then after that we are processing the standard orders that came and are coming in. Many are ordering this now for pickup at the Expo. It's a matter of taking time testing each kit before they go out and QC is what I am focusing on. Yours will arrive very soon and I will email you when it goes to ship. I feel confident that you are going to be extremely happy with the results.

Thank you to all for your support and soon you will have yours. I know this is a matter of your excitement and for that it is much appreciated.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, I kinda was expecting to have my kit around now too.

Email sent just a few moments ago.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I have no clue what number I was but just received the shipping email from Scott yesterday! CAN'T. FREAKING. WAIT!!!!!

Looks forward to seeing it on your Rob Zombie!!! Please post pics and vids!! Thank you again for your order too.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Order placed. I look forward to actually being able to see the balls during Well Walker Multiball!

Thank you for the order, Well Walker is all I want to hit when I have the UV+Glow hooked to it!

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sneak Peak of upcoming SDTM video of the Pin Stadium Lights system

Wow thats looking nice. Also looking forward to your episode walkthough and review of them too!!!

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Any suggestion which kit I should order for TAF? Is there a lot for the GI option to effect?
Also with the brighter lighting inside, does it make less need for invisiglass?

I would suggest the GI and UV+Glow for the Flasher option as it does really well with that dark playfield. One of the tremendous side benefits of the Pin Stadium kit is that since it illuminates so well under the glass that it heavily reduces and in some cases removes DMD, backglass/backbox, spot light or LED strips reflections off back glass or DMD, and overhead lights (but now you don't need lights). I can't say that it replaces invisiglass but I can tell you that I never think about getting it anymore if that tells you anything.

Here are some recent customer kits going through QC test today before they ship. The room conditions are no lighting at all.

WOZ:

Monster Bash:

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So I just got my kit but the directions don't mention what socket these plug into on the driver board for a spooky game. Attempting to install on my Rob Zombie. Help please!

I'm working on updating directions link for the Spooky this weekend. You will connect to the "Board Power" on the top left of this diagram for RZ. I will email this also. Let me know if you have any other questions. The fastest way is to email [email protected] and I can respond quickly.

#501 6 years ago
Quoted from cs3030:

Just put one of these kits on Creature from the Black Lagoon. First off, installation took about 20 minutes and was super easy!! I've only played around with lighting a short time, so I surely haven't seen all this can do, but so far I am very happy. I've put a few pics with the lights on. I will load more on after I've created the ultimate lighting for my preference. Well worth the money.

Wow those are looking really good!! Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the kit Off and then On so that everyone can see the before and after difference?

Also some tips on adjusting the GI portion of the lights. A good rule of thumb is to take a look at the playfield and see what the main color dominant color appears to be. Then set the lights to that color. On my Creature I saw green as being the main color and then I dialed it in from there and did a mix of green with a hint of turquoise(dial some blue in).

I also found myself leaning toward the purplish color for the GI (like in your pics) which starts to bring the UV kind of effect on the playfield. It looks cool but since you have the UV+Glow flasher you might want to keep more in the green spectrum for the GI so that when the flasher hits it will really ignite the playfield. It creates more contrast and a big wow factor then!!!

I'm glad you are liking the results and look forward to seeing what you decide is best for your personal preference.

Scott

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Scott
What is the status of preorders?
Mark

Mark,

Thank you for checking in and I just sent an email to you also. They are shipping out non stop and you should have yours very soon.

Thank you all for your patience and support. It's been very very busy here. Another large batch of these is about ready to ship this week!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Was this kit supposed to come with any installation instructions? I'm sure it's quick and easy, but mine arrived with absolutely no documentation and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to connect any of it. I didn't see anything on the website either.

I sent an email prior to shipping but it seems that many of them have been filed in spam, check there as it's probably hiding out. Sorry about that I think it was the mass emails to everyone that put it flagged as spam. I will PM you now.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Mine wasn't in the spam folder. I just never got it. Scott took care of it though.

I did not ship directions with the product as I have been continually updating the install directions with more and more detail. Otherwise they would have been outdate the moment I sent them.

Just to clarify in case anyone thinks that they might be missing when they receive their shipment. It's much easier seen and understood on our website in full color in the FAQ's section of our website. Plus I have been adding a lot of little tips and hints too. Thank you all for the support and if you need any help send an email directly to me at [email protected] so that I can respond much quicker than posting here. I check my email much more regularly every few minutes.

Scott

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I was just saying I never got any email when shipped they just showed up on my doorstep. I thought you had said you were going to email everybody when they shipped out. Not an issue they're installed,I still have to get you some pics of them and the small issue I had with my Dredd. Not a problem with the product Dredd is just a little on the tight side to get these in due to the crane,metal plate on the right side backing the ramp up and the high outlane walls. Mike

Mike,

Hey thanks for letting me know. I checked my system and the email went out on Sept 11th but I'm not why it didn't get to you. I can check into it to make sure it doesn't occur to anyone else. Regardless the good news is that you got your Judge Dredd hooked up and yes I can't wait to see some before and afters of these as I can only imagine my JD I used to own and how dark it was. Thanks again!!

#515 6 years ago

This is before and after photo of a Pin Stadium kit for Stern's Spike 1 system that was being tested for QC before it left today. The suggested flasher color on this is definitely the UV+Glow since this playfield (especially Slimer) does extremely well with the UV+Glow lighting. When adjusting the Pin Stadium app for GB it is suggested to start with pink as the base color setting for the GI portion of the lighting since this is one of the dominant colors of the playfield. You can use the predefined pink.

Tip: A good spot to trigger the flasher portion of our lights is with the Slimer hit target. So when Slimer is activated it creates a very impressive glow!!

Also a general rule for getting a good starting point with the best color, choose the dominant color you see on the playfield. Use that are a base and then tweak from there. Also I have found that if you have the UV+Glow flasher you can get a harder looking "hit" when it flashes if your base GI color is further away from the purple spectrum. The increased contrast ratio really makes a difference.

Please post up any of your settings to share with others as to what you find to be best on your machine.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Received my kit from Scott this past week and I'm super impressed with the kit and the way he is conducting business. I followed this project from its initial release and watched him take suggestions from us all and work them into the product. I could tell he was all in on making these the best he could and for that reason I felt safe jumping in on the preorder.
Once received I found the kit easy to install. The directions in the email were pretty straight forward. I installed into a Soooky Rob Zombie which at the time the directions didn't specify what connector on the driver board you were supposed to connect to. Even without that information it was pretty straight forward where it went. To double check before I ruined anything I shot an email to Scott and he quickly got me the answer as well as informed me he had updated the directions. I also encountered some trouble getting my flasher feature to work. Not a fault of the kit whatsoever I just had my wires backwards on the flasher I was trying to tap into. I emailed Scott mid day on a Sunday and he had a reply within 10 minutes and continued to provide support throughout the process until I got it working.
The app is super easy to work and adjust your lights to what you like. Below are some examples of my game. The pictures were taken in a dark room and without the kit you can really see how dark this game is. The other photos are with the kit installed with me changing around the color settings in the app to show how you can adjust to your liking
I purchased the kit with the UV + glow and boy oh boy is that thing AWESOME! When the flasher you tied into goes off. Be prepared for an awesome show of light across your Playfield! In my opinion the flasher feature is a must have. I also opted to purchase the GI module which will shut off the pinstadium kit when your GI lights turn off for certain modes and this also works flawlessly.
If you can't tell by this review I am super impressed with the kit. It definitely added some bling and needed lighting help for my machine. I'm certain that even if you are overall happy with your lighting this would be an awesome mod to have due to just how many colors you can customize too. This thing is definitely a capable kit which will allow you more color options for your machine by purchasing one product.
As my collection grows I'm certain this will be one of the first mods I buy for my machines. If you're on the fence about this don't be! It's a great product being produced from a stand up guy. I'm also betting he's got other ideas for this product as well and I can't wait to see how it evolves.
Great work Scott!

Hey thank you for the feedback and helping out here on the forums. I am so glad that you are loving it and wow those pics compared to the dark one without the kit is really impressive. It's nice to see these pics from you posted up so others can see the before and afters on customer's machine and not just on the Pin Stadium gallery.

And yes I am pumped about building these and all in for sure. Thank you for supporting in the early stages. I'm always up for improvements and enhancements, suggestions for sure.

We will have a booth at Chicago Expo next month for our official launch and many machines will have them on demo so that everyone can see them in person.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just picked up a kit for RZ too. What settings did you use for the color? Did you tie the flash into the purple flasher? Finally, are you saying that the flash polarity matters (works one way but not the other)?

The Pin Stadium kits were designed so that polarity does not matter, it could be that the taps on one side maybe weren't seated at the time. It's hard to tell and you just need to make sure you have a snug fit. I started including the wire taps as I felt it was much easier to get connected to some hard to reach flashers in a non invasive fashion. Here is a pic of them. Notice that the green one has the end bent around it (I suggest doing this, it's a must do). This allows the alligator clips to get a good connection. Otherwise the wire end by itself is too thin.

It's one of many ways to connect the flashers (you can choose to wire splice, alligator clip, solder etc, it's up to you) these just allow you to connect in a non invasive way. These are good for small hard to get GI like on WOZ for example. If you need some I can send them to you or if you are near a Micro Center or electronics store they have them there too.

The other picture shows them in use on GB to tap Slimer. Make sure you get a really good pressure for on there or they will vibrate out and cause the flasher and GI to temporarily not work on the Pin Stadium kit. That's the first thing to check.

Okay back to production now. Many kits are leaving out each day and I anticipate to have the pre-order completed in a couple weeks. After that the standard orders that are coming in fast and hard will be processed too at that time. Thank you all for your patience and support.

Email me at [email protected] if you need direct support so I can respond even quicker as it's easier for me to track.

#523 6 years ago

Here is a video from our Youtube channel. This shows how to add your Pin Stadiums to your Wifi so that you can control your entire collection in one spot. Also there is a Group feature that lets you section them off in case you have pinballs in separate parts of your home or business. It will allows you to adjust them all from the main screen of the app.

You can also change the color of all the machines at the same time (a fun feature but you most likely will want to dial them in for each machine as suggested). You could set your pins up with a red/green fade for Christmas parties or glow fading orange for Halloween pinball parties. Or even better when everyone is playing you can turn OFF all the Pin Stadiums at the same time and remind them of what lighting for pinballs used to look like. You might cause some serious ball drains, so beware. Whatever, just have fun with our lights and play around on the app as there is lot to do and get lost doing it!

This will walk you through the Wifi and Group features:

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

What's the approximate wait if somebody orders one of these today?

It will be a few weeks before they ship, so sometime in October if you place your order now. We just have a lot of orders coming in but are fully equipped and prepared for this volume. They are being shipped in the order received. Thanks!

Scott

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here are a couple videos I shot of the kit in my WOZ last night. I don't have a good setup for shooting these because my tripod is pretty short so the angle isn't great and it makes the LCD glare look a lot worse than it does to the eye. I have the GI tied to a GI light in the back right corner and the UV Glow Flasher connected to the Red Witch Flasher. WOZ is a real challenge on both fronts and I'm still searching to see if there is a better place to connect the GI to. As for the Flasher, WOZ only has two flashers - the white and red ones inside the witch "dome", I'm also going to continue to experiment with that and see if there's a better choice. I left the three spotlights (GI) on in my game so there's a little ambient lighting when the GI for PS cuts off. With the current setup the GI cuts off quite a bit including during all the CB modes (not just lights out) and during battle the witch. It also does funky effects when the ball is on the Castle Mini-PF (if not in a different MB) and when shooting for Munchkin loops (if not in a MB). If this isn't to your liking tying it to the spots does a great job of just leaving it on whenever you are in a game. I put up a pretty good (1.8M) game with it in this setup and when you have ECMB + a CB mode going and the flasher goes off - WOW! I wouldn't recommend it for anyone that may be susceptible to epileptic seizures, that's for sure.
I have the color set to turquoise (I thought Red would be the best but it's not good at all IMO) and brightness set for that and the warm white to ~50%. These were shot in a completely dark room with my DSLR.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Oh good post and that looks really nice. Thanks for sharing your Pin Stadium kit experience and tips with others. Very much appreciated!

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Mine arrived today!! (order 77) dont know what happened to the email but oh well lol.

Glad you received it. An email is sent with each order along with the tracking information however I have found a few got filed as spam. PM sent. Sorry that this occurred I think it was related to all the group emailing that was sent that triggers this. Any questions please email me directly at [email protected]

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I have several questions.
I ordered for my TAF. Let's say I move to a JJP game. Are the connectors different, and if so are there adapters?
I recently saw video of some game play from Houdini and couldn't help but think how much it would benefit from the kit.
I saw in the app the fade feature. Is this for GI or is the fade programmable for the flash, in case we want a more subtle flashing effect?
I'm starting to see all sorts of possibilities for this kit. I'm wondering if a future upgrade might allow connecting to multiple lights, not just GI and flash.
Not that I fully understand it yet but imagine if several lights could be tapped and different lighting fx programmed for each. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting something?
Also what about a time of day setting where daylight (or lights on) has one setting and night) or lights off has another?

Yes there are game specific adapters for each game since the Pin Stadium kits are plug and play direction connection with the PCB. We do make a kit for the JJP Dialed In and many have ordered for that game as it too needs some help in the lighting department and yes Houdini is a great candidate also. We have all new Sterns and JJP and they need help too.

The fade feature in the app is for your GI setting if you would like to have it gradually fade (you control the rate/speed in the app) between colors during game play. Our GI module addon will allow the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadium GI so that they are fully synced and interactive(turns them off or fades then in and out). The fading effect in the app will still work in between the moments the machine is not controlling the GI.

As far as the flasher option with our kit, the pinball machine directly controls this based upon the flasher you connect to.

You are really thinking about the functions of these and I love the ideas you have! I'm always looking for ways to improve these and take them to another level. The idea of triggering our flasher option from more than one flasher trigger point is something I have been working on also. Plus the nice thing about the way I am designing it is so that you can add it on yourself (plug and play) to the existing Pin Stadium kit that you already have purchased.

Also regarding the time of day setting, you can already do that in our app and create a custom setting for that!

Great ideas and questions, thank you for posting these up!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#537 6 years ago

Here is a video showing from the playfield perspective why they are called Pin Stadiums. It shows the power and coverage the lights bring to really illuminate the playfield.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Ok, Jumpin on the PinStadium bandwagon... Just ordered a UV GLow/GI set for my Tron LE...
Will post a vid when I get them and installed...

Thank you!! The order just came through! Here are some better videos of the highlights of it in a Medieval Madness Remake with UV+Glow and the GI integration module:

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Any idea when i can expect mine .
I was in the first 100

Sure thing, email just sent.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The same with me, please send a mail to me.
Thanks
Eckhard

Just sent you an email also Eckhard. Thanks!!

#551 6 years ago

Hah. Please add me to the list of “when’s my cool toy that I pre-ordered get here?”

I sent out an email to you just now also. Thanks!!

Scott

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Any idea time on my order for batman forever and Woz with gi?

Email sent to you also. Thanks!!

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would this work for the new alien?

Yes it is compatible with the Alien and Full Throttle machines by Heighway Pinball. Just be sure to specify this when placing your order. Alien really needs lighting bad and the Pin Stadium kit will bring it alive. It has a beautiful playfield, but it's hard to see the artwork due to the low lighting.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Who has some good photos on where/how to hook up the GI and Flasher connections on Woz?

I was just getting ready to reply to you on the forums. The lights do have to be connected to the positive and negative of a GI. On WOZ I found the best spot to by the GI light under the Emerald City castle. So if the playfield is raised then its the bottom right most just below the rollovers for Emerald City. You will need to put the wire tap connectors included in the kit in the positive and negative of that. I will copy this on the forums also to help others. Also, if your lights are not showing up I have found that if you turn off your phone's wifi and then back on they usually appear. If that does not work then you can do a factory reset on the Pin Stadiums by unplugging and plugging the orange connector in and out 4x time fast. Then on the 4th time leave it plugged in and you will see the lights flash 4-5 times which indicates they are reset. You should then be able to connect to them directly again.

Attached are pics of where I tapped the Witches red led flashers too.

As for the flashers, the best spot is the witch red led flasher. Attached is a pic of where to tap those. You can also connect to the white LED of the which if you want more of a subtle glowing effect. I personally like the intense flash of the red LED one though. With the UV+Glow being triggered by the red led, it's quite the show! The JJP manual is very helpful to show you where to connect and what colors:

http://159.203.76.48/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf

As far as the Wifi, if for some reason it does not show you Wifi, make sure you are close to your router. In some cases I have seen were you may need to manually enter the Wifi network name and security code to get around this. That's a bug that I am currently working on diagnosing as it appears to happen in some instances but not always. Here is the FAQs section for the app: http://pinstadium.com/pinstadium_app/

I put up some videos to help explain things in the FAQs to help walk everyone through.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further help.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

woz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpg
woz_witchhookup (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup (resized).jpg

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I played an Indiana Jones tonight for the first time and could barely see the playfield. All I could think about was how much this game needed a pinstadium.

Yes that game would really benefit from the Pin Stadiums for sure. Several customers have ordered already for that machine. It's widebody and amount of object/toys tends to make it really dark.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How many amps does this pull? Looking at adding this to pinball magic capcom. Buying a power tap for topper and adding this pin stadium lighting.

It's low, max draw with all colors and white turned on 100% is only 1.35 amps(you probably will never run it this high or have all of them on but I wanted to max it for you).

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anyone try this on a Scared Stiff?

Yes, I had it on my personal Scared Stiff machine and it worked wonders.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've been thinking about testing my kit in the PM I just picked up, have to look into the power tap options. The other concern is with GI integration, I'm sure you know but PM (kinda like WOZ) doesn't have traditional GI - it's included in a lot of the effects so I'd have to see how that works with my kit. The worst that would happen though is I'd just have to find a way to leave them on all the time the game is on. If that's the case a kit without the GI option would make sense. Also have to think about what flasher would make the most sense, probably the one on the pop bumper.

It's all up to personal preference and the best thing to do is just get it with the GI because you can always disable that option if you didn't want it to sync with the machine, but it seems most do like that feature and it's just a matter of just finding the right bulbs to trigger it. WOZ is just makes use the GI a lot and I found the best is the Emerald City GI. That one makes the most sense and seems to do really well in most cases. It's fun because you can move it around and experiment to what is best for you just like bobukcat !!

#572 6 years ago

The playfield is Scared Stiff is insane with the UV+Glow flasher. It's all the dark colors mixed with the white and black that looks extremely eye catching in that light.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from cs3030:

Just put a set on my Ghostbusters Pro. I thought this game was pretty well lit from the factory, but the Pin Stadium lights really look good on here. Sorry my camera lens was a little cloudy. I will try to get a video in the next couple days as the flashers are awesome on this one.Lights off Lights on, green 100%, white 35%Lights on purple 100%, white 35%

Thanks for posting this up and great tips on the color options. I am glad you are super happy with the results. Your game looks great! I have attached a before and after of my GB also here.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Some of the games "lit up" look better than others....

epthegeek is right, the cameras never do pics of pinballs justice because the aperture in them always tries to adjust and it's random. I take the before and afters for the Pin Stadium website gallery with an older iPhone as it more accurately depicts what you will really see in person.

Put it this way, each Pin Stadium kit is purposely over engineered (in a good way) more than you will ever need even in a well lit room with sunlight and overhead lights. You can dial them from 0-100% brightness just to your liking for the white portion of the lights. These are what really provide the illumination. Then you can also independently control the colored LED lights and those are what makes for the color casting on the playfield. They can be any color and any brightness so the possibilities are endless. Combine those two together and you will find the exact recipe to your preference.

We will be launching at Chicago Expo this year and there will be many pinball machines on display to see in person, including Trent's machines from Tilt Amusements. You will be a happy camper with them for sure. I'm excited to have them on display for all to see.

Scott

#579 6 years ago

Here is a Twilight Zone after getting a the Pin Stadium kit installed during a QC test prior to shipping out to a customer (video and pics). A total of 9 LED spotlight bulbs were removed after the install (they were not sufficient prior) and then after the install they had no effect on the playfield whatsoever. You will see them in many sections of the playfield but the most noticeable are the ones on the left and right slings when the camera goes in for a zoom at the beginning. It's nice to be able to remove these as they can get in the way visually and they lose bulbs (especially on new machines):

twilightzone_tz_pinball_led (resized).pngtwilightzone_tz_pinball_led (resized).png

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have a decent collection of my favorite B/W games that I was fine with until I purchased Stern Mustang premium and the LEDs in the newer Stern game made the incandescent bulbs in the B/W games look dingy. So I changed my other games over to LEDs (with Herg's LED-OCD boards where needed) except for SW:E1 because Herg doesn't make an OCD board for P2K yet (and SW:E1 is so flicker prone that it can't go LED without LED-OCD).
Now I have five Pinstadium kits on order for a row of five of my B/W games and I'm afraid that after I install them it will again make such a difference that I'll have to add Pinstadium lights to every other game in the room. But I won't add them to P2K games because they would wash out the reflected TV image. And I'm not sure about adding them to BBB because of the black light modes (maybe somehow hook it up so the Pinstadium lights go off when the black light goes on?)

On the P2K games it will still work very well to illuminate but you will want to run the white lights at a lower level of brightness so that it balances with the hologram reflection effect. That will work for you for sure and you can dial it in to your preference.

Regarding BBB with the GI option module for the Pin Stadiums you can just trigger them off with the GI that goes off, it will work perfect for you as that is what it was designed for. This is potentially a very interesting opportunity to hook up the UV+Glow to the trigger that turns the black lights on. You just need to find the switch trigger "+" and "-" (anythjng between a 4v-16v works great) and that would be really awesome! I hope this helps!

#583 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the first Pin Stadium on the Alien machine. It truly revealed this beautiful playfield and look how the Magna-Mounts work for on the Heighway design! Here are several before and after pics sed6 take a look!

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out my stream from tonight on SDTMpinball to see the benefits of pinstadium for all you streamers out there.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177995807

That's is a superb example of you putting them to good use. Thank you for posting that up and doing the Off/On before and after live! I'm glad to see that they are helping you guys with the web streaming. It takes me back to the early developent days of the Pin Stadiums when I watched this Keith Elwin video with his ColorDMD and I knew there had to be a better way! This video was my motivation. Check this out compared to yours:

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Unbelievable

Now that really takes that game out of the Shadows!! Nice !!!

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

I'm still waiting on mine but it's going into Shadow!

Yes and you have ordered the UV+Glow flasher option on The Shadow too, that will look super nice. ZMeny has that on his also and it does wonders on that playfield. Thank you for your order and I will email you when yours is ready to ship along with tracking too.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out my stream from tonight on SDTMpinball to see the benefits of pinstadium for all you streamers out there.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177995807

chuckwurt DeadFlip ZMeny KevInBuffalo Here are a list of benefits I put together for the guys that are going to be streaming with these:

1. No more hauling heavy and awkward lighting equipment around. You can easily swap this in and out of games on the fly

2. You can keep the glass on if you like and reduce the pinball mechanical noise in the mic so that they can hear you or the pinball sounds and call outs better. Plus all that noise can be distracting for the player when the glass is off.

3. Provide viewers with full visibility of the playfield while doing the same for you which will make for better play for each game since you can't lose visual tracking of the ball

4. Less playfield and/or glass glare, reflections

5. With the GI module you have the option to keep the lights on at all time or sync with the GI (have the turn/fade off and on with the machine). Keeping the lights on during filming will make for a better viewer experience as effects on the camera can be intense and distracting at times while the camera's aperture tries to adjust. When trying to demonstrate features and rules when streaming and for players in the PAPA and other tournaments who are going for points and not the cinematic theatrical effects you may want them always on.

I am sure there are more but that is what just came to me so far. I don't complete and play for fun so I really love the GI module integration feature, but it's nice to know I can do either.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Love the magna mounts on the Heighway Pinball machine! This should be how they come from the factory.

It is as if Heighway designed their glass to work exclusively with Pin Stadium's mounting system. A match made in heaven for sure! However it was the other way around. Regardless it was super cool to see this and how dramatic the results were on Alien.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

What happens when those two alligator clips flapping in the breeze touch each other?

The ones provided are extended insulated ones so that you can just slide them over the tips so it is not an issue.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Looks awesome!

I figured you would appreciate that. By the way I emailed you, check for that when you get a chance. Thanks.

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I don't like the idea of gator clips as a means of a permanent electrical connection. Is there a way to use an inline connector instead?
How much current does the pinstadium lighting use?

The draw is low only 1.35 amps (this is max with all the GI and every colored and white lighting turned on at 100% brightness which you will likely never be at so lower than that even.

As far as the connection:

You could do that too if you wanted. Each kit comes with a plug and play power adapter to the PCB board. The GI module and Flasher option needs to have a trigger though. You can choose where each of those go depending on your preference of what features you would like to trigger them which is really cool as their are endless possibilities. As a result the alligator clips and wire taps are supplied with the kit to give collectors the ability to install the Pin Stadium in a quick reliable non invasive manner to just about any location.

You can also always tap into the line, splice, solder, or use a connector if want to. On my games I use the clips and taps just because the ones provided in the kit I hand picked since they are premium quality ones. They have stood the test of time for me during gameplay. You just need to make sure you get a good pressure fit in the connector.

I can understand any of these other options though as it's all personal preference. I hope that helps.

#601 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Install and Discussion of the Pin Stadium Light system
» YouTube video

Great coverage of the product and glad that SDTM is enjoying them!! You guys have an incredible show and it just keeps getting better and better.

***One important note in this video when you see the kit Zach has a universal 12v power adapter which is an exception for him because he plans on using this for streaming so that he can quickly put it in and out of the pinballs he is currently filming in his travels. When you order each kit comes with a game specific plug and play adapter that connects right to your pinball machine's PCB board. If you are familiar with the ColorDMD power connectors then these are the same style as their awesome kit. Thanks!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

SDTM coverage of Pin Stadiums:

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

ok cool. i still think it is in your best interest to not encourage the use of alligator clips. They could fall off and short. Even at 1 amp you are probably getting some voltage drop. Tarnish and corrosion could start then they could heat up... etc...
Gator clips = test probe, not permanent connection, but maybe im just being anal.

I do agree that it's best for everyone to choose what they feel most comfortable with for sure. Included in the packaging are several options, clips, taps, splicers etc and the PCB power is a plug and play power adapter direct to the board (ColorDMD style) for each specific machine. It is really a matter of the installers level of comfort and skill for sure.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have this kit in Rob Zombie and it looks great. The color options are cool too. My question / concern is with other games I might put it in. With the RGB + White lighting, the White is warm White. This worked fine for RZ because the prescribed color tone was Red. In *almost* all my other games where I've switched to LEDs, I slant toward cool/natural White and gone away from the warm.
I can get cool White from the RGB, but typically you would supplement using the additional white slider to wash out / brighten the game. If I want a game to have cool White lighting, can I get the kit with cool instead of warm White? Or am I missing something with configuring this?
For example, a game like Bride of Pinbot, I've gone totally cool white with a little blue in the GI. I don't want any warm in that. Similarly, I want to try this kit in Centaur. That Black & White playfield needs cool, not warm.
Thoughts?

The white color of the LED's was chosen on the Pin Stadium kit so you can make it look like warm white and cool white. To get a cool white look, first dial in the color you want, then adjust the white light to where you want, then add some blue manually. You can dial up the blue (its in the Red, Green,Blue) micro manage section above the color wheel on the left. Cool white is made with blue spectrum of light so this will give you the cool white look. I do this on my machines like Iron Man for example, it doesn't look good with warm white so I dial up the blue. I hope that helps.

Added over 7 years ago: You can also make a sunlight white color by adjusting the color levels also, pretty much whatever you like you can do

#613 6 years ago

Looks like chuckwurt was typing when I was, thanks Chuck. We are on the same page.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Scott, I've read every post in this long thread, and I have to say--WELL DONE! You've created an AWESOME product and you're adapting it due to customer demand! I'm definitely picking up a kit soon for my TAF.
My question: Several pages back, you reference a color changeable flasher as a future option. Any updates on this? TAF has pretty bright white flashers, so I'm not sure about colors other than white, to include the UV+Glow. I'll definitely be ordering it with the GI plug-in.

Thank you for the great feedback and comments. That's a of reading too

The color changing flashers are part of our future developent and are definitely something that may come available as things evolve and add even more feature option to the app too!! I have some more ideas and also am taking input from others equally the same.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't recall how the ordering went, but did I have to select a game or company when buying for the right connection? I was planning on Mustang at the time and now want to put it on Baywatch. Would I need another connector to order so I can swap?

Yes do need to specify as these are plug and play specific kits. Fortunately Mustang and Baywatch use the same adapter so you are good to go!

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?
Thank you

Than you for your order and the UV+Glow is surely the way to go with WOZ (and most every game so far from what I have seen)

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I play lights out (Dark Room) a lot . I just watched your MB video light up playfield nicely . I have owned MB since 1998 . I feel that I could benefit from your lighting . Not sure about the MB flashing if that is an addition to your LED side strip it looks (awesome) but will it bother me during game play . Most likely not it is so cool , but would like to talk to you about it. My TZ is Dark just as your opening of TZ video. I could use that as well. I read first 3 pages of the thread about plugging into outlet in the pinball. Then I jumped to last page talking about tapping into the 12v on PCB . Clips so one and so forth .

I looked at you website there is a contact section via e-mail. I would like to talk over the phone with you/person about your amazing product . I will send you a PM via pineside . I am old school conversing live would be great . Peace and Thanks , Rob Knapp

The UV+Glow is an option and it's really make a vivid impact on the game. You can connect it to a flasher that is not used as often but I can tell you the camera makes it look like too much but in person it's definitely an nice piece of eye candy that does not distract from the game but enhances it. Plus you can always disable it if you want too, but it's not likely you will however it is an option.

The 12v outlet option was an old original design that bhy thanks to input from the Pinsiders it is now is a quality plug and play power adapter to the pinball machine PCB that is specific to each machine. I hope that helps to answer your questions.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I think this would go great in my TAF. It's my darkest machine by far.

Yes TAF needs it so bad. Another customer posted this up and a recent video too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/11#post-3973042

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Installed my Pinstadium lights in WoZ. Looks so awesome.
Made some extra cables with Molex connectors on them to get GI and Flasher connections from controller connected more securely.
Where is everyone attaching their GI to WoZ? Spotlight for Emerald City Castle in upper right doesn't go off during Lights Out MB. There doesn't seem to be many GI options on WoZ.

I have attached a picture of where to connect it to WOZ for the GI. It is on the bottom right of the playfield when it is raised "near the Emerald City" but not the spotlight. This will turn off during Lights Out and the other modes properly. And yes the witch RED led flasher is the best spot and really cool too! I hope this helps!

wozgi (resized).JPGwozgi (resized).JPG

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Do you have another pcb option for Williams Indiana Jones that doesn’t use 12v? Im already running a color dmd and my new topper blows a fuse after an hour or two. Had to do an external power supply for it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sounds like maybe you have something going on. Maybe a slow blow is needed in that fuse slot. Regardless, you could order one with a 12v power supply and plug it into your other power strip, but I do recommend the PCB adapter if you can as they will turn on and off when you power up your game. That was a requested feature by Pinsiders and is a must in my opinion unless you are streaming and moving game to game.

#633 6 years ago

Here are some before and after of TWD Premium from the players perspective. Notice the middle of the playfield glare from the backbox lighting that almost disappears. This is that "invisiglass" look others have been referring to that makes your glass disappear when they come on. The glass was off on this picture as I was filming but it is the same effect with the glass because technically when you play a machine you get reflection off the playfield like in this picture and the glass, however the glass seems so much worse that you don't notice the playfield reflection.

The reason for the glares reducing or going away is that the playfield is brighter under the glass than the other light sources. It brings it alive and the other annoying visual disturbances go away. Also you won't need spotlights either and those tend to reflect back in your eyes off the DMD or backglass/translight.

Just wanted to show this and explain why Pin Stadium customers are experiencing this and commenting on what they are seeing.

#636 6 years ago

Here is a walk through and highlight of the Pin Stadium kit for Ghostbusters with the UV+ Glow option (the beautiful flashing you see) and the GI integration module option (this allows the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadiums for a very robust light show).

This playfield really likes the UV+Glow, especially Slimer!

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks great but it looks like it has a blue/purple glow.
Is there a warm and cold white version ?.

The Pin Stadium kit lets you adjust the GI to any color warm white, cool white, natural white by using the app. The purplish color you see is the UV+Glow flasher add-on option which is the most popular. I hope this helps!

#641 6 years ago

ZMeny KevInBuffalo

Okay here is a big announcement and you all are invited to compete too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-chicago-expo-2017-launch-2017

This will take place at our booth at Chicago Expo 2017 next week there we will have Buffalo Pinball (Nick and Kevin/crew) www.buffalopinball.com versus SDTM (Zach and Greg) https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/ in a live web stream showdown!

Things are already getting HEATED up for this and you can be part of it as it's open to the public to come in and play against them.

Free "On Tap" are going to be 5 Pin Stadium machines loaded with all the features too (UV+Glow and GI Module).

AFM
MMR
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium

The exact times and dates will be determined (posted here and on our FB page www.facebook.com/pinstadium it will be Friday and/or Saturday) and this event will be in between the Expo tournament events so that all can participate. I think a lot of smack talking is about to go down between these guys (all good fun of course). Who knows what will happen with these colorful characters though. Sort of like Marvel VS Capcom so watch out.....

Looking forward to seeing you all there at the Pin Stadium booth!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

brobattle (resized).pngbrobattle (resized).png

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sounds like a blast! Hopefully Kev and Nick have a bad ham sammy during their flight over. We need as much handicap as we can get haha

KevInBuffalo ZMeny Zach you better get on that flight quick and get hired with that airline so that you can deliver the blow there ahead of time. There is blood in the waters now boys! I am just going to sit and watch the fight and lightshow

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Will there be any incentive to order a kit at Expo? Sorry if I missed this from a prior post.

There is going to be a promo code at Expo that we will be giving out at the booth.

#648 6 years ago

Yes we will be running a show special and announce it at the Expo

#651 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have five Pinstadium kits on order (and intend to order more as soon as I've received the first five) because the additional playfield lighting they provide is a huge improvement to just about any game. But I'm not that sold on the Pinstadium flasher option because I like the specific locations of the flashers in the games to stand out, instead of the Pinstadium flashers spreading the flashing over the entire playfield. The exception would be using the Pinstadium UV glow flashers on games where the playfield has items that may react very well to UV (such as Scared Stiff if your game has the glow-in-the-dark plastic pieces).

One of the reasons the flasher option was built in under the awning was to control the brightness and also additionally hide the light source. This way it works for the main game flasher to be the focal point and the Pin Stadiums are used to accent that. In the past prior to Pin Stadiums I used to want the flashers to be really bright and I would install 8 or 12 led flashers to get the intensity. However what I found was the light source of that new LED bulb on the flasher was too much and very distracting. I used to literally avoid the shot sometimes.

In the end I realized that I liked the color casting throw of the light but I did not want to see the bulb's ultra bright light source. So with the flasher option you enhance the flasher and increase the throw/effect without the pinpoint led beaming into your eyes.

Also you can always enable or disable the flasher anytime you want. But I have a feeling that you may end up preferring the flasher feature because it really is super cool!! However it's up to everybody's preferences. The way I look at it it's better to have more options at your disposal and if you choose to use less you always can which is why I recommend including the flasher option you as you can't add it later after it's built.

I hope this is helpful and shines some light on the subject.

#652 6 years ago

Another thing you can do also is you don't have to hook the flashers option up to a flasher on the machine. I designed it so that you can connected to anything that is in the range of 4v - 16v which means that you can trigger pretty much off of anything in that range. A good example would be in Wizard of Oz you can use the witches spotlight and trigger from that and it'll cast an eerie glow when she comes up versus flashing (this is what littlecammi is suggesting) Same with Ghostbusters you can hook up to the Slimer trigger and it does the same thing. I had mine hooked up to that for a while too.

That's just another tip or you could even have an inlay light or GI bulb to turn them on. There's a lot of room for creativity and because it's all up to each of your preferences.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I have to say that the level of thought involved and ability to customize this mod is very impressive. Even more impressive is watching it's continued evolution based on customer feedback and new ideas especially so quickly after launch. Nicely done.

Thank you for the positive feedback from you and from everyone and their ideas. The vision and goal with Pin Stadium is to continually improve it, making it so that it works like this on everyone's kit from pre-order to current so that nobody's kit is outdated and there is no need to wait to get it.

Later as things progress there will be add-on options for your current kit and their will be feature updates to the app also. There are some ideas already cooking and it's going to work with all that kits that have shipped and are going to ship! Just wanted to clarify this.

#655 6 years ago

Regarding the flasher option discussion, here is a video that shows the Flash ability and Glow comparison that you have flexibility to choose depending on what you choose as your tigger on the machine. This is the WOZ example for the witch with the UV+Glow.

She has a white LED spotlight that comes on when she is triggered and rises up(Glow in this video) and she also has a red flasher LED that comes on when she goes up and down (flash in this video). The flasher color looks different in this video because a different camera was used (compliments of customer @bobukcat) , it still has the deep purple UV effect color as the glow but it flashes instead.

The good news is that you can choose which one you prefer.

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can the flasher option be triggered by connecting to a switch instead? I was thinking it might be cool to connect it to a spinner.

bobukcat and chuckwurt are correct as the machine is constantly pulsing the switch matrix, but in many cases the switch triggers a flasher or insert bulb so you can simply trigger from that.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I was thinking for some 80s Bally games. They don't have flashers and I'd have to see if any of the ones I'm thinking have associated lights (but I don't think so).

Some older games do not have flashers but you can give them this option with the Pin Stadiums if you can find a bulb that is triggered

#663 6 years ago

Here is some video footage of the The Walking Dead (TWD) Premium with the Pin Stadium pinball LED lighting kit installed and the UV+Glow option along with GI module.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinstadium. You are on page 1 of 18.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstadium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/1?tu=pinstadium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.