(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 165.
#851 6 years ago

Finally had some time to install my pin stadium kit in my Batman66 today. Very happy with the improvement. I have the GI module with the UV flasher options. I hooked the flasher circuit to the pop bumper playfield flasher.

The biggest improvement is how much brighter it looks in the upper playfield area in front of the turntable. That area is just too dark with the stock factory lighting.

The GI module also makes for a much more dramtic start to each game due to the bigger difference in light between all GI on vs off. In attract mode everything is on all nice and bright. Then when you start a game the GI goes totally dark (along with pin stadium if you have GI module option). The Batman intro jingle plays and the Batsignal is lit on the back panel as Commisioner Gordon calls the dynamic duo into service. If you installed the mini playfield Batsignal that lights up at this time as well.Then after the intro jingle finishes everything lights back up and you start the game, very cool. Here are my before and after pics.

20171022_201353 (resized).jpg20171022_201353 (resized).jpg

20171022_201311 (resized).jpg20171022_201311 (resized).jpg

#852 6 years ago

Thanks to Scott for providing a wiring harness I moved my PS kit from WOZ over to Pinball Magic tonight and shot a couple of very quick pictures on my phone, I'll post some better ones from a camera when I get a chance. The pictures make it look even more dramatic than it is because the "off" picture was in attract mode while the GI was dimmed but it is still basically night and day, and this was with the PS kit set to about 25% for white and kinda purple (red looks pretty good too). A couple caveats for PM, and presumably all Capcom games - GI and Flasher integration isn't exactly working but I'm still testing some things hoping for a working solution. Install was very simple and I'll post some install pics for that in the PM club thread in the next day or two. This is a really dark game and the PS kit looks really great on it, although it did expose a couple warts in the Mylar I couldn't really see before.

PM Lights out (resized).jpgPM Lights out (resized).jpg

PM ps on (resized).jpgPM ps on (resized).jpg

#853 6 years ago

Dots incredible!!!!

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finally had some time to install my pin stadium kit in my Batman66 today. Very happy with the improvement. I have the GI module with the UV flasher options. I hooked the flasher circuit to the pop bumper playfield flasher.
The biggest improvement is how much brighter it looks in the upper playfield area in front of the turntable. That area is just too dark with the stock factory lighting.
The GI module also makes for a much more dramtic start to each game due to the bigger difference in light between all GI on vs off. In attract mode everything is on all nice and bright. Then when you start a game the GI goes totally dark (along with pin stadium if you have GI module option). The Batman intro jingle plays and the Batsignal is lit on the back panel as Commisioner Gordon calls the dynamic duo into service. If you installed the mini playfield Batsignal that lights up at this time as well.Then after the intro jingle finishes everything lights back up and you start the game, very cool. Here are my before and after pics.

Great post and pics on this!! Thank you for getting this up for others to see and for explaining precisely how the GI module integration feature works with BM66. That was a very good decription of the visual functionality not.

This was very helpful to others considering the Pin Stadium lighting system for that machine and all of the newest Sterns too need help in the lighting department.

And "Wow!" to your before and after pics as your playfield artwork looks incredible in the after picture. Thanks docquest !!!

Another question, which flasher did you decide to use to trigger the UV+Glow option?

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Thanks to Scott for providing a wiring harness I moved my PS kit from WOZ over to Pinball Magic tonight and shot a couple of very quick pictures on my phone, I'll post some better ones from a camera when I get a chance. The pictures make it look even more dramatic than it is because the "off" picture was in attract mode while the GI was dimmed but it is still basically night and day, and this was with the PS kit set to about 25% for white and kinda purple (red looks pretty good too). A couple caveats for PM, and presumably all Capcom games - GI and Flasher integration isn't exactly working but I'm still testing some things hoping for a working solution. Install was very simple and I'll post some install pics for that in the PM club thread in the next day or two. This is a really dark game and the PS kit looks really great on it, although it did expose a couple warts in the Mylar I couldn't really see before.

That is maybe the most dramatic Before and After that I have seen yet!!! Incredible and I'm glad that this worked out for you.

Also to address GI module integration with this specific game. When he says:
--
"A couple caveats for PM, and presumably all Capcom games - GI and Flasher integration isn't exactly working but I'm still testing some things hoping for a working solution."
--

Pinball Magic is unique in its designed because the way they control their GI board as each bulb is individually triggered separate. So bobukcat is trying to determine the best location to connect GI module trigger to a bulb that does not have a constant trigger (it's wired like a switch matrix) so the Pin Stadium lights sync with the GI versus staying on.

Capcom is the exception to how they control this so just keep us posted with what you find to be the best location for others that get this for their Capcom pinball machine.

Thank you again for the pics and very helpful info too!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

[email protected]

#856 6 years ago

bobukcat that is crazy .. now i can really see you kicking my a$$ on PM

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Another question, which flasher did you decide to use to trigger the UV+Glow option?

In between the three pop bumpers is a white playfield insert. It had a flasher behind it that goes off whenever any of the pop bumpers are hit. I connected the UV glow flashers to that one.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In between the three pop bumpers is a white playfield insert. It had a flasher behind it that goes off whenever any of the pop bumpers are hit. I connected the UV glow flashers to that one.

Okay that sounds like a good suggestion. I hope this helps the other Batman66 owners that are reading this.

#859 6 years ago

If Pinstadium wasn't so popular, there would be at least one more BM66 owner with this. But I wait patiently for my turn while you make more.

Of course when my order ships and I install it on the game I expect to be cursing you as I suspect I will want one for many if not all of my other games ...

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If Pinstadium wasn't so popular, there would be at least one more BM66 owner with this. But I wait patiently for my turn while you make more.
Of course when my order ships and I install it on the game I expect to be cursing you as I suspect I will want one for many if not all of my other games ...

Wow you have a super nice and large collection

I hope others get in front before he places the next order! .

Production is going smooth and thank you all for your out of this world response to the Pin Stadium lights!!

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That is maybe the most dramatic Before and After that I have seen yet!!! Incredible and I'm glad that this worked out for you.

After looking at them again I thought my pics could possibly be construed as misleading because the "off" picture was taken when the GI was dimmed in attract mode so I shot a couple new ones in-game. It's still a massive difference and this is with the brightness turned down to about 20% but these are a little more accurate for game play conditions. Please ignore the cables being strung haphazardly towards the back, I'm still lifting the PF often trying different GI and flasher hook-ups so I haven't been cleanly routing the cables each time. This kit is going back in WOZ soon anyway and PM will have to wait for a new set I'm ordering for it.

IngamePSoff (resized).jpgIngamePSoff (resized).jpg

IngamePSon (resized).jpgIngamePSon (resized).jpg

#862 6 years ago

Finally installed my Pinstadium lights in my MM. Just wanted to give a bump for a great product.
My MM is in the corner of my games room and was a tad dark, even with LEDs. When I turned on Pinstadium is was a wow moment.
Highly recommended buy.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

After looking at them again I thought my pics could possibly be construed as misleading because the "off" picture was taken when the GI was dimmed in attract mode so I shot a couple new ones in-game. It's still a massive difference and this is with the brightness turned down to about 20% but these are a little more accurate for game play conditions. Please ignore the cables being strung haphazardly towards the back, I'm still lifting the PF often trying different GI and flasher hook-ups so I haven't been cleanly routing the cables each time. This kit is going back in WOZ soon anyway and PM will have to wait for a new set I'm ordering for it.

Wow! Thats what I would call a Magic transformation! Looks great!

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Finally installed my Pinstadium lights in my MM. Just wanted to give a bump for a great product.
My MM is in the corner of my games room and was a tad dark, even with LEDs. When I turned on Pinstadium is was a wow moment.
Highly recommended buy.

Thank you so much for your appreciation of the product and glad you are very happy with the results.

Do you have any before and after pics you could post up for us to see? Would love to see them if you have time. Thanks !!

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow! Thats what I would call a Magic transformation! Looks great!

That is seriously one of the best before and afters I have seen yet! Thanks bobukcat

#866 6 years ago

Just picked one of these up last night for Pin Stadium's R&D and the kit installs perfect with plug and play perfection. These JJP Dialed In Pin Stadiums are available to order! Here is a video walk through and some Before and Afters:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Just picked one of these up last night for Pin Stadium's R&D and the kit installs perfect with plug and play perfection. These JJP Dialed In Pin Stadiums are available to order! Here is a video walk through and some Before and Afters:
» YouTube video

A lot of Dialed In owners enjoyed the video and realized that even though it is one of the better lit games that it really needs some help in the lighting department.

The UV+Glow flasher option I found to be best triggered by the Electric Company character so that when you hit him they really kick in for quite the show!

Originally I tried it with the pop bumper flasher as the trigger which was cool, but the way JJP controls the flasher on the Electric Guy it's in more intense and really impressive.

Just some tips for those of you who he have ordered this for your Dialed In.

#868 6 years ago

Here is a raw video showing the UV+Glow in action on Dialed In:

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The difference in incredible. I need this product.

#870 6 years ago

Okay, I want to put one of these in my Scared Stiff. The GI is a must for this game, but the flasher option has me perplexed. What color and where to hook up the flasher or no flasher? I also have a CV, TOTAN and TZ these will eventually go in and a Houdini (coming).

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Okay, I want to put one of these in my Scared Stiff. The GI is a must for this game, but the flasher option has me perplexed. What color and where to hook up the flasher or no flasher? I also have a CV, TOTAN and TZ these will eventually go in and a Houdini (coming).

These look excellent on all of those, I have installed them on each of those machines. My recommendation is GI module and UV+Glow for the ones mentioned. Not sure about Houdini yet as it was up next to our booth at the show and I needed to really look at it and play it more.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I want to put one of these in my Scared Stiff but the flasher option has me perplexed.

Quoted from pinstadium:

My recommendation is GI module and UV+Glow.

I'm waiting for my latest Pinstadium order for two more sets, including one with the UV-glow flasher option to use on Scared Stiff. If you have the boney beast glow-in-the-dark parts (on SS prototypes and later sold by Illinois Pinball) the UV-glow should really make SS pop.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Is this compatible with Pin2K?

Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes they are compatible.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I would have guessed the extra PF lighting would kill the reflected animations.

Quoted from pinstadium:

It is a matter of dialing the white lighting brightness % down lower to balance the hologram reflection to the user's liking.

I talked with Scott about this at Pinball Expo. Pinstadiums will physically fit in P2K and the lights can be dimmed down to avoid washing out the reflected TV image on the playfield glass. But Scott had not actually installed a kit in an RFM at that time. I love Pinstadiums (7 ordered so far and more needed) but I won't be putting them on my P2Ks. Personally I do think they would wash out the reflected image. And if you turned them down low to avoid washing out the image, then you'd lose most of their benefit.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm waiting for my latest Pinstadium order for two more sets, including one with the UV-glow flasher option to use on Scared Stiff. If you have the boney beast glow-in-the-dark parts (on SS prototypes and later sold by Illinois Pinball) the UV-glow should really make SS pop.

I actually do have a prototype machine with the glow-in-the dark boney beast and claws. The boney flipper plastic was not as robust with the glow-in-the-dark additive and broke some time ago (have regular boney beast flippers and rubbed black paint onto them to match rest of bones). My machine has spiders in the web on the apron and the playfield art is a little different than the production art. Okay, GI and UV + glow it is. Have to see it on one before I get it on all and spread out cost. I just put color DMD on all and that was a HUGE change.

Just ordered a set.

#875 6 years ago

Ok going to bite the bullet and pick up my first Pin Stadium for BTTF. Thinking GI plug in option and Blue flashers to go with some of the blue led mods that are out there. Are there any videos of a game with blue flashers? Just wanna make sure it's not going to be overpowering. Seems like most are going with UV+ but BTTF has no UV reactive art at all that I can find.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Ok going to bite the bullet and pick up my first Pin Stadium for BTTF. Thinking GI plug in option and Blue flashers to go with some of the blue led mods that are out there. Are there any videos of a game with blue flashers? Just wanna make sure it's not going to be overpowering. Seems like most are going with UV+ but BTTF has no UV reactive art at all that I can find.

It does not have to be UV reactive to look good, as they bring out the colors almost as if they were so they look good on most pins. Here are a couple of older videos that I found with blue on Whitewater though:

#877 6 years ago

Bttf and pm are two of the darkest games I've ever owned in the past. Amazing what these lights can do.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It does not have to be UV reactive to look good, as they bring out the colors almost as if they were so they look good on most pins. Here are a couple of older videos that I found with blue on Whitewater though:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Just ordered a set, thank you!!

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Bttf and pm are two of the darkest games I've ever owned in the past. Amazing what these lights can do.

I agree, so dark. If these work as good as it sounds like they do I'll be adding to my WWFRR and TFLE as well as they are both quite dark as well.

#880 6 years ago

Any idea how far back logged these are from time of purchase to shipping?

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Any idea how far back logged these are from time of purchase to shipping?

I ordered mine on 9/30 and it will be delivered Monday. It is for my GB Premium and has the UV+glow and the GI Plug-In. Maybe they have caught up with their backlog in the weeks since I ordered.

#882 6 years ago

Yes we are ramping up production even more since Expo it is still a few weeks or less from the time of order.

There have just been a lot of orders coming in and production is going extremely smooth. Thank you all again for your orders and support. It would never have been possible without you!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#883 6 years ago

Any pics of this on an Alien?

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Search this thread for Alien.

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Just ordered a set, thank you!!

You are welcome and thanks for the order it was processed earlier. Much appreciated!!

Scott

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Here are some pics of it on Alien. Super cool how the Pin Stadiums mount on it also. Huge difference with the playfield visibility! Here are severa before and after pics. You will see the befores on them where the artwork is missing and with the Pin Stadium on it is fully visible.

You can change the brightness and colors with the app. In this pic I turned it up all the way so that camera could show it. In person I liked the color set to blue at 100% and the white lighting at 40-50%. It gave it a nice eerie glow and the playfield was very visible too.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#887 6 years ago

Keep in mind "Alien" owners that many have asked if the Pin Stadiums are too bright and they are not. This is due to the fact that you can dial the brightness of the color (RGB) and white lights independently from each other anywhere from 0-100%.

This allows you to adjust them to the "exact" look you are going for.

#888 6 years ago

Prompt and professional responses from Scott - Thanks! Order placed for a Judge Dredd!

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Prompt and professional responses from Scott - Thanks! Order placed for a Judge Dredd!

nipper2u thank you very much and for your order!! Please post up some before and after pics along with your impression when you receive the Pin Stadium for your JD!

#890 6 years ago

I wanted to share a good customer of ours ( Bigbossfan ) app settings on his machines. He has multiple Pin Stadium system installed on his machines he controls from the app. These might help others to get an idea of what other collectors are doing to customize with the app for these particular ones.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I ordered mine on 9/30 and it will be delivered Monday. It is for my GB Premium and has the UV+glow and the GI Plug-In. Maybe they have caught up with their backlog in the weeks since I ordered.

I ordered mine on Oct 2 for my WOZ. Hopefully they will be here this week!! Waiting to see them in person before ordering for my Batman 66 and Ghostbusters.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I ordered mine on Oct 2 for my WOZ. Hopefully they will be here this week!! Waiting to see them in person before ordering for my Batman 66 and Ghostbusters.

Looking forward to you getting these and posting up your before and afters, plus hearing your reaction to them also. Thank you again for your order, you will have your kit any day now as you probably already know

#893 6 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday for my GB Premium. After looking at all the postings and pics I thought I knew what to expect - but I was blown away with how great the game looks now.

Zombie Yeti’s artwork comes alive and it just pops! The UV/Glow option is the right choice. It is stunning.

I have commitments today but will post images tomorrow. If you are on the fence about doing this, do it. You will be glad you did.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Looking forward to you getting these and posting up your before and afters, plus hearing your reaction to them also. Thank you again for your order, you will have your kit any day now as you probably already know

I saw the email! Couple of days to wait. Thanks again!

#895 6 years ago

Just got mine today! Can't wait to install!!

20171101_165836 (resized).jpg20171101_165836 (resized).jpg

#896 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered but can someone share how they tapped into the GI and flasher on Attack From Mars LE? CGC used a different type of GI bulb which looks like it prevents using the alligator clips completely (see pic). Any help or push in the right direction would be appreciated as I'm trying to finish up my install. Thanks!

FB_IMG_1509650511880 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1509650511880 (resized).jpg

#897 6 years ago

Here is a pair of quick shots of my GB Premium set to 100% turquoise and 100% white. Then I adjust brightness based on ambient room lighting. I’m very happy with the results. I will try to capture a video that shows the UV/Glow later tonight.

#898 6 years ago

47EE6477-60CE-4B86-A4AB-2DEE831B593D (resized).jpeg47EE6477-60CE-4B86-A4AB-2DEE831B593D (resized).jpeg

C4D2FD81-1077-4A2B-B4F3-FB6E0D54558A (resized).jpegC4D2FD81-1077-4A2B-B4F3-FB6E0D54558A (resized).jpeg

#899 6 years ago

System on, then system off

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Sorry if this has been answered but can someone share how they tapped into the GI and flasher on Attack From Mars LE? CGC used a different type of GI bulb which looks like it prevents using the alligator clips completely (see pic). Any help or push in the right direction would be appreciated as I'm trying to finish up my install. Thanks!

For WOZ Scott provided some solid wire jumpers to insert into the connectors they use, I have never seen an AFMR but perhaps the same could be used for it. Can you post a picture of what the connector that plugs onto those LEDs looks like?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.