New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,495 posts
  • 536 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,746 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20FC4AE4-BA68-4A9E-95B9-6078833E4B02 (resized).jpeg
7FDA0E22-6E5C-405A-BEE7-4633F139B0B9 (resized).jpeg
D77BC794-1C09-4FF4-A76C-52026747B5CB (resized).png
gameofthrones_pinball_mods (resized).png
pinball_led_lighting_spotlights_mods (resized).png
3AE6104F-76FC-4EFC-8FBC-AD329C701FBE (resized).jpeg
9C15E78E-63DB-444F-A6E5-0C5B4E22CCA8 (resized).jpeg
85F3B0A2-A27D-4753-B8E6-408AF25C342C (resized).png
gunsnroses_before_after_pinball_mods (resized).png
pinball_mods_gnr_jjp_jerseyjackpinball (resized).png
jersey_jack_pinball_guns_n_roses_pinball_mods_jjp (resized).png
jersey_jack_pinball_guns_n_roses_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_7488 (resized).jpg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpg
IMG_7490 (resized).jpg
20201021_191402 (resized).jpg

There are 6495 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 130.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

wamonkey
Our kits work with ColorDMD as the Pin Stadium lighting system was designed with them installed on all of my machines when they were created. I have their amazing product on my machines too.
In fact ColorDMD is a customer of ours and vice versa. You can choose to either plug into their adapter, use ours, or the alternate spot on the board. Many options on this one and easy plug and play. I hope that helps to clarify.

It was easy to figure out - I just posted my experience for others who may not think to look to where the J116 goes to - to make it work - J118 on STTNG did not work for me, it was a simple change of direction.

The product is excellent.

Just have to talk to you guys if it will work on a BOP 2.0 now?

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

It was easy to figure out - I just posted my experience for others who may not think to look to where the J116 goes to - to make it work - J118 on STTNG did not work for me, it was a simple change of direction.
The product is excellent.
Just have to talk to you guys if it will work on a BOP 2.0 now?

Great I am glad you got it going. Yes we put one on a BOP 2.0 at the Kallamazoo show. It made that great game even better! Plus it was right next to a BOP at the show and wow what a difference.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Is it possible to use 2 flasher colors for one kit (one on each side)? I have a TFLE that I've been wanting to brighten up and I was thinking of UV on the left and red on the right to match the playfield design of decepticons (purple) vs autobots (red).

That's TWO requests for a dual flasher color option, Scott.

I presume the only difficulty in doing this is having a separate power lead from the 2nd LED color. Since they're made to order and available in a variety of colors, certainly it can't be just a bulb issue. I'm not even saying you'd have to get SUPER fancy and alternate flasher bulbs on the same strip (which is why I asked how they're mounted). I'd be fine with one flasher color on the left strip and one flasher color on the right.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

That's TWO requests for a dual flasher color option, Scott.
I presume the only difficulty in doing this is having a separate power lead from the 2nd LED color. Since they're made to order and available in a variety of colors, certainly it can't be just a bulb issue. I'm not even saying you'd have to get SUPER fancy and alternate flasher bulbs on the same strip (which is why I asked how they're mounted). I'd be fine with one flasher color on the left strip and one flasher color on the right.

PM sent!

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great I am glad you got it going. Yes we put one on a BOP 2.0 at the Kallamazoo show. It made that great game even better! Plus it was right next to a BOP at the show and wow what a difference.

You just had to say that - now I have to buy another.... they are amazing and I am sure on a fully restored BOP 2.0 it would be amazing. I have it all LED'ed, a new playfield, the alternate translight, alternate side art - this would make that all pop.

and - money - my hobby is killing me I think.

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Hahaha, yeh, no kidding. I JUST pulled the trigger on the LED speaker panel, so PinStadium is going to have to wait a few weeks. Definitely getting one in early November though!

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes they are mirror blade compatible. When designing these I accommodated for this as most of the games tested on in my collection had mirror and/or art blades or both.

Thanks. Order placed!

#808 3 years ago

Pin Stadium app installed and working on the Android emulator I use for my touchscreen kiosk jukebox/game system.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7CM65n0L8URc6kZ23

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Pin Stadium app installed and working on the Android emulator I use for my touchscreen kiosk jukebox/game system.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7CM65n0L8URc6kZ23

Wow that is so cool! What OS is that on?

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Wow that is so cool! What OS is that on?

PC is running Windows 8 and this android emulator is the Nox App Player. I just switched over from DroidX the other day.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

PC is running Windows 8 and this android emulator is the Nox App Player. I just switched over from DroidX the other day.

Job well done! This opens up even more possibilities with the Pin Stadium app. Thank you for posting this up and also for the your excitement and support for the product so much that you even helped with updating install instructions too!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7:

Hey pinstadium -- Just watched the stream with Buffalo and SDTM -- thanks for putting it on.
I was thinking about getting one of these for Black Knight 2000 -- do the pinstadium lights flicker properly with the GI Relay in that game? Not sure if there's something special about it vs. other System 11 games.
Thanks!

Yes they will sync with them too. Whatever the bulb does that you connect the GI module too, the Pin Stadiums will replicate.

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You just had to say that - now I have to buy another.... they are amazing and I am sure on a fully restored BOP 2.0 it would be amazing. I have it all LED'ed, a new playfield, the alternate translight, alternate side art - this would make that all pop.

Here is a BOP 2.0 with Pin Stadiums next to a BOP. This will give you a good side by side comparison. The machines were not fully restored like yours but I think you can imagine what it would look like, probably amazing.

image (resized).jpeg

#814 3 years ago

Is this compatible with Pin2K?

Cheers

#815 3 years ago

Did a great job on my batman forever

20171018_215941 (resized).jpg

20171018_215925 (resized).jpg

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Is this compatible with Pin2K?
Cheers

Yes they are compatible.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Did a great job on my batman forever

Wow that is an amazing difference !! How cool to see that machine so lit up. Thank you for posting this!

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes they are compatible.

I'm surprised by this, I would have guessed the extra PF lighting would kill the reflected animations. Would like to see that in action just out of sheer curiosity!

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm surprised by this, I would have guessed the extra PF lighting would kill the reflected animations. Would like to see that in action just out of sheer curiosity!

It's is a matter of dialing the white lighting brightness % down lower to counter balance the hologram reflection to the user's liking.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I just received my Pinstadium light for my Star Trek Next Generation machine - they are a little compact on the right side due to the wireform ramp but they just fit. It makes the machine totally pop - it like having a new game. I thought at first that the Pinstadium light were a little high priced but now I get it, the mounting is flexible and easy to use, the app interface, the changing colors the ease of install it is all there. I will take some pictures of the machine when I get a chance and post them to the forum.
One tip - if you have a color DMD and need to hook up the WPC power connector you have to use the connector on the color DMD board since J116/118 will not work, it was easy to figure out when you followed the cable. Something the guys at Pinstadium should mention as an addendum to their install guide for people with a color DMD on STTNG (WPC games).

I wanted to see if you had a chance to take some pics of the before and after? Many are excited to see the results (including myself) if you have time. Thanks!!

#821 3 years ago

Are there any good pics of what the actual light bars and mounting mechanism looks like? Can't tell from the installation photos.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Are there any good pics of what the actual light bars and mounting mechanism looks like? Can't tell from the installation photos.

Ditto, I’d like to see a close up picture too. Not a video though. Just would like to determine if I can put a diffuser on them

#823 3 years ago

Also - any pics of this installed with mirror blades? I want to see how it's not possible to see them in the reflection. My brain can't get through that considering they're right next to the mirrors. I could already see them a little in the alien video and that doesn't have any mirror blades.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also - any pics of this installed with mirror blades? I want to see how it's not possible to see them in the reflection. My brain can't get through that considering they're right next to the mirrors. I could already see them a little in the alien video and that doesn't have any mirror blades.

I have mirror blades on several of my machines and designed the Pin Stadiums based upon having mirror blades installed because it was something that I was concerned about also. I did not want to see the light source shining in my eyes or coming off the mirrors either. It would have driven me nuts.

In the videos, anytime that you see the lights is because I film it so that people can see mounting of them and the awning system that hides them. I try to take a low fly by and then go to the side so that it is apparent what you are looking at. When we had our booth at Chicago there were a large number of people who did not know what the product was and they simply thought they were playing a standard pinball machine but could not figure out what was different. There was a post about this earlier from a now customer that thought the same thing. The biggest job at the booth was actually asking people to stand off to the side and lean down low as I explained the Pin Stadium product. Here is a video that shows you coming in and out of the awning.

I hope this helps to clarify because seeing them in person helps to answer these legitimate questions:

#825 3 years ago

Oh wait here is a better one showing Iron Man(IMVE) with mirror blades and no way of seeing the lights source off the mirrors either. This was the machine I designed off of for this purpose. When filming I had to stick the camera on the surface of the playfield and look to the adjacent side to try to make them visible. This should be a better example than the other:

#826 3 years ago

No pictures allowed I guess. Oh well

#827 3 years ago

7330FCA0-A27E-4375-BBAA-2B4C684EF935 (resized).jpegE3635F4E-D901-4B20-B3D5-BB6DCBAFF630 (resized).jpeg2337BE08-F892-4C81-8FB9-A9BB8CBFA4A9 (resized).jpeg59F76F1D-46AD-48FD-9691-B9CA4A0B115D (resized).jpeg

#828 3 years ago

Thank you for posting these up!!

#829 3 years ago

Maybe just a personal observation positive about this product but I find that With the Pin Stadium setup I have Significantly less glare off the glass from lighting and the DMD. A huge plus as the only other solution is a $200-$300 piece of magic type glass. Not saying this will eliminate the glass upgrade but for me the results were Incredible and basically cost less than a piece of glass for my cat to crawl on. lol

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe just a personal observation positive about this product but I find that With the Pin Stadium setup I have Significantly less glare off the glass from lighting and the DMD. A huge plus as the only other solution is a $200-$300 piece of magic type glass. Not saying this will eliminate the glass upgrade but for me the results were Incredible and basically cost less than a piece of glass for my cat to crawl on. lol

This affect was mentioned previously - I've got "magic glass" in a machine, so it will be interesting to see Pin Stadium with regular glass next to "magic glass".

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally true. Like looking in a lit pool at night.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

This affect was mentioned previously - I've got "magic glass" in a machine, so it will be interesting to see Pin Stadium with regular glass next to "magic glass".

It is a large side benefit to them and it is due to the fact that there is so much quality light under the glass focused on the playfield. It overrides the outside reflection. Putting the focus on the "concert stage" where it should be. Also I just updated some before and afters on TWD Premium for the website.

bandaTWD (resized).png

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A huge plus as the only other solution is a $200-$300 piece of magic type glass.

There is another very low cost solution to reduce glare besides the magic glass. I've used it inthe past and it works great. Its called "bent plastic'". You can get it at pinball life for $7.95.

Reducing glare is a great side effect of the pin stadium lights. Im looking forward to installing mine this weekend. Yelobird, what color setting did you use on your Batman66 ?

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is another very low cost solution to reduce glare besides the magic glass. I've used it inthe past and it works great. Its called "bent plastic'". You can get it at pinball life for $7.95.
Reducing glare is a great side effect of the pin stadium lights. Im looking forward to installing mine this weekend. Yelobird, what color setting did you use on your Batman66 ?

Thanks for the tip. I seen the bent plastic on a few games at Expo and while functional they seemed odd looking installed. Kind of a catch all for dust so to speak. (my wife does't dust!) As for the Batman color, its actually Incredibly easy to play with the coloring with a single finger. I ended up going more on the Orange and brighter scale as I thought it highlighted the art best. This however is Totally a person choice setting and luckily changed with a phone instead of breaking open the game. If you want my Exact settings as shown in my photos previous I would gladly send you a screen capture of my color settings. Best of luck!!

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Bent plastic rocks! I have them on all my games. It's like adding a whale tail to your pinball machine.

Though it takes care of the DMD glare, it doesn't eliminate the BG glare. The pinstadium lights look like they would pretty much eliminate *any* glare from an external source which is a big plus in my book.

#836 3 years ago

Thanks for those.

I'm trying to understand how they mount to the game. I understand it uses magnets, but do you need to glue a magnetic strip to the game somehow, or a piece of metal, or something for it to attach to? What does the game look like without the light bar on it?

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What does the game look like without the light bar on it?

Dim and bland

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thanks for those.
I'm trying to understand how they mount to the game. I understand it uses magnets, but do you need to glue a magnetic strip to the game somehow, or a piece of metal, or something for it to attach to? What does the game look like without the light bar on it?

I know this has been asked and answered before but the thread is getting a little long sooo.... they come with a thin magnetic strip for each side which has adhesive on the back. You clean the surface with alcohol, peel the backing off and stick the magnetic strip to the sides. The PS lights themselves can then easily be removed from the magnetic strip any time you need to lift the PF, etc. You can also put additional magnetic strips on other games and move the PS kit from game to game if you want.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know this has been asked and answered before but the thread is getting a little long sooo.... they come with a thin magnetic strip for each side which has adhesive on the back. You clean the surface with alcohol, peel the backing off and stick the magnetic strip to the sides. The PS lights themselves can then easily be removed from the magnetic strip any time you need to lift the PF, etc. You can also put additional magnetic strips on other games and move the PS kit from game to game if you want.

Thank-you. And I'm guessing the magnetic strips will stick ok to sideblade art? What about mirrored blades? And they will come off again fairly cleaning if you wanted to remove the system at some point?

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thank-you. And I'm guessing the magnetic strips will stick ok to sideblade art? What about mirrored blades? And they will come off again fairly cleaning if you wanted to remove the system at some point?

Front page of their website.

C59065B5-D020-4C29-B0BF-FD2AAB2757DC (resized).png

I’m sure goo gone and you’ll be good to go when removing them.

#841 3 years ago

This game was in the Tilt Amusements/Stern sponsored tournament at the Chicago Expo last weekend. Here is a Star Wars walkthrough with the Pin Stadium lighting system installed. Gameplay was enhanced dramatically along with playfield visibility as you will see. The Light Saber Dual mode is even better now with the GI module and UV+Glow flasher options.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

image (resized).png

#842 3 years ago

Installed the Kit in my MMr yesterday. Looks incredible. As already stated by others, the youtube videos do not present the real impression, especially the UV and glow flasher is overwhelming, blows you away. If you do not like light, then don‘t buy it.

Many thanks to Scott, who achieves feedback times of under 10 minutes. Perfect customer care!!!

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm guessing the magnetic strips will stick ok to sideblade art?

I have mine installed on my TWD which has sideboard art. No problems sticking to the blades. Here's a after and before pic.

20171021_111218 (resized).jpg
20171021_111254 (resized).jpg
20171021_111310 (resized).jpg

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I have mine installed on my TWD which has sideboard art. No problems sticking to the blades. Here's a after and before pic.

Hey Billy, want your out lanes to look better. Put 1 inch tall (wide) by whatever length you need polished stainless steel (mirrors I call them) on the black wood pieces. Mini mirrors. I even put them under the plastics to reflect all the light back out which helps light the plastics better. Just a suggestion.

IMGA0266 (resized).JPG

IMGA0264 (resized).JPG

IMGA0263 (resized).JPG

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Hey great before and after pics! Looks really really good!!

#846 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked but I am looking at purchasing these but would
Like to know if there is a good installation video if someone could post a link?

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Like to know if there is a good installation video if someone could post a link?

There is no video of the installation but here is a link to it on the website:

http://pinstadium.com/pinstadiuminstall/

It's a very easy install and here is a good video review of them too:

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Takes no time to install even with butter fingers like mine. Follow the instructions and its Virtually fool proof! Good Luck!

#849 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I will give em a try

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Thanks for the replies. I will give em a try

Sure thing and happy to help. Thanks for everyone else for supporting the product and this thread too!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Port, FL
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 249.00
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
There are 6495 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 130.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside