(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 165.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pinstadium LEDs are 12V, low side switching. TLS drives 6.3V high side. For TLS integration, the TLS switching needs to drive a gate for each colour to sink the PS LEDs to ground on a 12V rail. I'm doing it, but I have to build a few things.

TimeBandit very cool! So I presume until such a thing is released the GI dimming is a no go? Or would it still work if tied into a factory GI bulb? I’m guessing you’re looking to make something that would talk to the stadium led’s and make them turn red and blue w/ the game? I’ll be the first on your list please

#752 6 years ago

Do you have recommendations for where and which connections could be made for each machine a customer buys these for? I have not read every post, but most say find the GI connection and pick a flasher you want. I do not like guessing and messing around with my machines. I want to be told where the connections should be made and what kind of effects I should expect with those connections with a color pallet recommendation. I own a SS, TZ, TOTAN, and a CV and am interested in putting these in all, but not interested in guessing where to make connections. I read there is a connection you can make that will allow the machine to take over the lighting control and that the lights will learn the machine.

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Do you have recommendations for where and which connections could be made for each machine a customer buys these for? I have not read every post, but most say find the GI connection and pick a flasher you want. I do not like guessing and messing around with my machines. I want to be told where the connections should be made and what kind of effects I should expect with those connections with a color pallet recommendation. I own a SS, TZ, TOTAN, and a CV and am interested in putting these in all, but not interested in guessing where to make connections. I read there is a connection you can make that will allow the machine to take over the lighting control and that the lights will learn the machine.

It's a matter of personal taste. That's why we all pick different lamps.

Most games have flashers on the backboard. I would choose one of them.

Then fine any GI. Any bulb that is always on and clip the GI clips there.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I discovered a pin these lights will physically not fit on......BSD. The left side village plastic renders the left LED strip unable to fit there. That plastic almost touches the PF glass itself and is right up against the side of the cab....it’s a pretty long plastic too.

Can you send me a close up of where you mounted it and a close up from a few angles? I have a few ideas but need to see this mounted. Email them to me at [email protected] thanks!! I will take a look for you and figure out for you.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Hey pinstadium -- Just watched the stream with Buffalo and SDTM -- thanks for putting it on.
I was thinking about getting one of these for Black Knight 2000 -- do the pinstadium lights flicker properly with the GI Relay in that game? Not sure if there's something special about it vs. other System 11 games.
Thanks!

Yes they sync exactly with the game, so whateverthe machine does with its GI you are going to get with the Pin Stadium lights.

Regarding the live stream:

Hey you are welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a blast to have them both over to play against each other. Both Buffalo and SDTM really meshed well with each other plus they all have their love for pinball. They said that they also had double the amount of viewers watching than normal!

It was really nice to see them come together and have fun battling. With all of those colorful personalities in a live broadcast you could see that they just really enjoyed themselves and were just pumped to be able to share this incredible event together. I personally watch both of their shows for a well rounded dose of reviews and tips.

Another thing to note is that all of them are EXACTLY the same off camera as they are on. I always wonder this about anything I see broadcasted. They aren't putting on a show just to get viewers. That was super nice to see and what I expected from the start. But for anyone that ever wondered now you know.

So you guys are all getting the real deal and that's what I think we are looking for in this industry. This is what makes both of them vitally important for us all as we can truly connect to what they have to say and have trust in them too. This is a rarity no doubt.

It was also true test for Pin Stadium as all 4 of them personally told me that they have never seen these pinball machines in such a quality light while also loving the effects. They both said that the playfield was more visible in person and on their streams that they have ever seen before. I know these guys tell it like it is good or bad so it's good to know that the Pin Stadiums got 4 thumbs up from them.

Nick is not even a mod guy and he said he loved them too and didn't even think the UV+Glow was nothing but dialed in!!

He chuckled and said it was a good thing because he knows he can be hard on (honest) about pinballs and related products. Kevin is getting a set for his Swords of Fury and plans to stream that game once they arrive to him. Zach and Greg both said that they have loved them for some time since they got their hands on them.

I'm thankful for all of you guys supporting the product in the early stages and providing feedback/suggestions during the development process to help make them what they are today. I made sure they all knew this too. Thank you again!!

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

chuckwurt is correct and that methodology works great!!

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

If you are not into "tinkering" with things but want better lighting for your game you may want to consider skipping the GI and Flasher integration. You'd miss out on a lot of stuff though, particularly for Neon MB on CV and the UV for Scared Stiff but it would be easier. I will say that with all of those games finding GI is super easy as there are lots of GI sockets under the PF and flashers should be very easy to find as well. Now that you've mentioned CV though I've wondered how these would look with the neon ramp being so high and close to the right side. I know Scott had a CV for a while though and probably had the prototype PS lights in it.

#758 6 years ago

I ordered a set fire my Black Rose after hearing the Buffalo guys talk about it on their podcast. Scott was great in communicating with me about what would be best. Can't wait to install them. The upper third if the play field has always been a black abyss.

#759 6 years ago

Here's the Buffalo stream from expo.

#760 6 years ago

To Brighten the software mood Temporarily I thought I would interject some an Awesome light of joy to the Batman dialog. I purchased the Pin Stadium light kit available from Scott and all I can say is WOW! Looks incredible on Batman 66 and the installation was Incredibly easy!! I ordered my kit (a few weeks ago) and Scott was kind enough to hand carry it to Expo so I could get my light on so to speak asap. So without further a due.... Below a few Before and after pics but I Assure you the result is Far better in person. I have never played this game in a lights out room before today. The beautiful color and art of this machine come Alive (more so than the software.....). Note that my color tones, mount point, and brightness are to My liking. With his incredible easy app its as simple as moving your finger to get the color, balance, everything, easy-peasy! I included photos of where I believe the connections and flasher connection work best for me but that is also a personal choice. I feel the results look Great. I connected the simple kit per his step by step instruction and made my preferred GI connection along the right side of the playfield (as shown) for simple secure access. The Flasher to me of best choice was the pop bumper area center bulb. Give a Cool lighting effect and the strobe is nice yet Not strobing while the ball is in the lower play area which would be for me a nuisance. I stripped a Very slim amount of the Stern heat shrink tubing to expose the connection and clamped away. I will make a permanent solder connection later when I feel 100% certain in my position decision. For now it is Beyond what I expected and the service, support, quality, and effect is priceless. (well not priceless, but worth the cost!!) Let me know if there are any questions and Highly recommend to all for all games!!!!!
The Mod Couple

IMG_9509 (resized).jpgIMG_9509 (resized).jpg

IMG_9512 (resized).jpgIMG_9512 (resized).jpg

IMG_9504 (resized).jpgIMG_9504 (resized).jpg

IMG_9506 (resized).jpgIMG_9506 (resized).jpg

IMG_9496 (resized).jpgIMG_9496 (resized).jpg

IMG_9494 (resized).jpgIMG_9494 (resized).jpg

#761 6 years ago

Hi!

I am using assembly blades from Pinball Universe to protect the cabinet inner sides when lifting up the playfield.
They attach with magnets to the siderails from the outer side of the cabinet.
https://pu-parts.com/media/image/product/28/md/pinball-assembly-blades~2.jpg

Will Pinball Stadium make it impossible to use the assembly blades or how will they work together,
when lifting up and down the playfield?

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
I am using assembly blades from Pinball Universe to protect the cabinet inner sides when lifting up the playfield.
They attach with magnets to the siderails from the outer side of the cabinet.
https://pu-parts.com/media/image/product/28/md/pinball-assembly-blades~2.jpg
Will Pinball Stadium make it impossible to use the assembly blades or how will they work together,
when lifting up and down the playfield?

That's the first that I have seen of that product and it is hard to say since they have not been tested by me personally on those. You could always order a set and find out, and then if for some reason those guards you have are too thick you could then decide whether lighting or protection is more important. Or you could move one of them to another machine.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#763 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

To Brighten the software mood Temporarily I thought I would interject some an Awesome light of joy to the Batman dialog. I purchased the Pin Stadium light kit available from Scott and all I can say is WOW! Looks incredible on Batman 66 and the installation was Incredibly easy!! I ordered my kit (a few weeks ago) and Scott was kind enough to hand carry it to Expo so I could get my light on so to speak asap. So without further a due.... Below a few Before and after pics but I Assure you the result is Far better in person. I have never played this game in a lights out room before today. The beautiful color and art of this machine come Alive (more so than the software.....). Note that my color tones, mount point, and brightness are to My liking. With his incredible easy app its as simple as moving your finger to get the color, balance, everything, easy-peasy! I included photos of where I believe the connections and flasher connection work best for me but that is also a personal choice. I feel the results look Great. I connected the simple kit per his step by step instruction and made my preferred GI connection along the right side of the playfield (as shown) for simple secure access. The Flasher to me of best choice was the pop bumper area center bulb. Give a Cool lighting effect and the strobe is nice yet Not strobing while the ball is in the lower play area which would be for me a nuisance. I stripped a Very slim amount of the Stern heat shrink tubing to expose the connection and clamped away. I will make a permanent solder connection later when I feel 100% certain in my position decision. For now it is Beyond what I expected and the service, support, quality, and effect is priceless. (well not priceless, but worth the cost!!) Let me know if there are any questions and Highly recommend to all for all games!!!!!
The Mod Couple

Hey thank you so much for your order and also you putting such a great post up with your feedback for others to hear too. It was really nice to meet you at the show too!! It's exciting to hear how much you love the results on your Batman 66. It is surely a dark game but not any longer.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hey thank you so much for your order and also you putting such a great post up with your feedback for others to hear too. It was really nice to meet you at the show too!! It's exciting to hear how much you love the results on your Batman 66. It is surely a dark game but not any longer.

So true, If I wanted a Dark Night I would have ordered one! Your awesome kit brought new life as well as vivid colors out like never before. I should have noted I did go with the UV Flash and for Batman 66 it's a must do choice. Loving it, need to decide on the Next game to Pin Illuminate!

#765 6 years ago

Saw these at expo and was very surprised how good they looked. Before seeing them I wasn't contemplating buying any but now I have to.

#766 6 years ago

Another flasher question: so I was thinking since TAF uses both red and white flashers, it might be nice to have both on the stadium lighting strips. Is this doable?

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Another flasher question: so I was thinking since TAF uses both red and white flashers, it might be nice to have both on the stadium lighting

At this time you would need to chose a single color, however I will put this in the suggestion box for sure!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

At this time you would need to chose a single color, however I will put this in the suggestion box for sure!!
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

Did I read somewhere that you are working on the ability to customize the Flash color in a similar way as changing the GI color now? If so, would this work with the current hardware?

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Scott
Pin Stadium

Thanks, Scott. I presume if we order it now without a flasher, it won't be possible to add the flasher later, once you develop either the dual color option for flasher or color-changing flasher. If so, I think I'll hold off on this until you guys add either of these features. I just don't think the UV Glow would look right on a TAF, and I think JUST a white flasher might be too much... If someone else does a TAF with flasher, maybe I can be persuaded otherwise, but I'd have to see a video.

Cheers,
Vaughn

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did I read somewhere that you are working on the ability to customize the Flash color in a similar way as changing the GI color now? If so, would this work with the current hardware?

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Thanks, Scott. I presume if we order it now without a flasher, it won't be possible to add the flasher later, once you develop either the dual color option for flasher or color-changing flasher. If so, I think I'll hold off on this until you guys add either of these features. I just don't think the UV Glow would look right on a TAF, and I think JUST a white flasher might be too much... If someone else does a TAF with flasher, maybe I can be persuaded otherwise, but I'd have to see a video.
Cheers,
Vaughn

It's something we are considering down the road but it's nothing soon enough to delay purchasing these. I always take suggestions into consideration and it's already been entered in the suggestion box.

The main benefit is going to be the GI enhancement that you get and the flasher option is just the icing on the cake. TAF lit up by the lights is truly a night and day difference.

Right now everyone has been extremely happy with the results of the color flasher options available and the Pin Stadiums are made to order so it's important to choose which flasher color you would like. The UV+Glow is impressive on TAF and there are some videos on it. I'm confident that that you will be extremely happy with the results of whatever flasher color you pick. I will back you up on this and make sure that you are happy with your choice. Promise! Thank you Vaughn.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#771 6 years ago

Check out this Before and After on Stern's Star Wars Premium at Chicago's Pinball Expo 2017 this weekend.

This machine had the Pin Stadium lights installed for the tournament sponsored by Tilt Amusements www.tiltamusements.com and Stern Pinball.

Just prior to installing these on the machine 13 year old champion Escher Lefkoff was able to see the dramatic change. He came back after the install impressed with the results and he said the blue setting was "so cool!" during the demonstration showing the ease of control of the brightness and color settings within the Pin Stadium app.

Also another very highly ranked adult player was playing a comparatively much dimmer stock Star Wars Pro and commented that "he wanted to play on that machine instead" during his game play.

There were several comments about players saying that they believe their scores would be increased due to the high quality of light that the Pin Stadium lighting provides.

Thanks to Trent for letting us put this on the machine and then later buying it for you too! He is a great person to deal with and we highly recommend him for anyone wanting to purchase a new Stern no matter where you are located.

Check out the results in these pictures and you can decide for yourself. Feel free to comment on what your opinions are after you take a look at the illumination of the pinball machine he used to playing on. Could this kid get even more points than he does already?

Does Greg from SDTM have an advantage and could be be the next world champion?

*Note: The "Before" pic of AFM slaps has 6 ultra bright LED spotlights installed and 4 strips by the flippers. They were later all removed after the Pin Stadium install.

Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#772 6 years ago

I just received my Pinstadium light for my Star Trek Next Generation machine - they are a little compact on the right side due to the wireform ramp but they just fit. It makes the machine totally pop - it like having a new game. I thought at first that the Pinstadium light were a little high priced but now I get it, the mounting is flexible and easy to use, the app interface, the changing colors the ease of install it is all there. I will take some pictures of the machine when I get a chance and post them to the forum.

One tip - if you have a color DMD and need to hook up the WPC power connector you have to use the connector on the color DMD board since J116/118 will not work, it was easy to figure out when you followed the cable. Something the guys at Pinstadium should mention as an addendum to their install guide for people with a color DMD on STTNG (WPC games).

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I just received my Pinstadium light for my Star Trek Next Generation machine - they are a little compact on the right side due to the wireform ramp but they just fit. It makes the machine totally pop - it like having a new game. I thought at first that the Pinstadium light were a little high priced but now I get it, the mounting is flexible and easy to use, the app interface, the changing colors the ease of install it is all there. I will take some pictures of the machine when I get a chance and post them to the forum.
One tip - if you have a color DMD and need to hook up the WPC power connector you have to use the connector on the color DMD board since J116/118 will not work, it was easy to figure out when you followed the cable. Something the guys at Pinstadium should mention as an addendum to their install guide for people with a color DMD on STTNG (WPC games).

This brings up a good point. One of my machines has an existing cable from J116 plugged into the piggyback of my color DMD so I will need another source for that one games. I think I am going to try these next month.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

This brings up a good point. One of my machines has an existing cable from J116 plugged into the piggyback of my color DMD so I will need another source for that one game, maybe two because I still need to install a color DMD one more of my machines. I think I am going to try these next month.

wamonkey
Our kits work with ColorDMD as the Pin Stadium lighting system was designed with them installed on all of my machines when they were created. I have their amazing product on my machines too.

In fact ColorDMD is a customer of ours and vice versa. You can choose to either plug into their adapter, use ours, or the alternate spot on the board. Many options on this one and easy plug and play. I hope that helps to clarify.

#775 6 years ago

Like the product. Question though. I have games were young ones watch from the side of the cabinet. Being short I would imagine they would be blinded by the led strip. I’d imagine also if a player bent down far enough they might be able to see some of the LEDs too. I just installed some LED strip lighting in a bar area and used some opaque white diffuser covers over the LED strip with a matching aluminum channel that the strip of LEDs went in. Is a diffuser with this Pin Stadium product even possible? What does the piece look like that the led strip attaches to?
DA128360-E561-4FF3-8AA7-857DA8709B21 (resized).jpegDA128360-E561-4FF3-8AA7-857DA8709B21 (resized).jpeg

#776 6 years ago

No issues at my house. Lots of kids playing. No visible by he player no matter how they stand at the game.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It's something we are considering down the road but it's nothing soon enough to delay purchasing these. I always take suggestions into consideration and it's already been entered in the suggestion box.
The main benefit is going to be the GI enhancement that you get and the flasher option is just the icing on the cake. TAF lit up by the lights is truly a night and day difference.
Right now everyone has been extremely happy with the results of the color flasher options available and the Pin Stadiums are made to order so it's important to choose which flasher color you would like. The UV+Glow is impressive on TAF and there are some videos on it. I'm confident that that you will be extremely happy with the results of whatever flasher color you pick. I will back you up on this and make sure that you are happy with your choice. Promise! Thank you Vaughn.
Scott
Pin Stadium

Scott,

I've only seen photographs of TAF with your product, not a video. Do you have the links handy?

Do you have photographs of how the flashers are "stealth mounted" next to the GI lights? How many flashers per side come with the flasher option?

Thanks!
Vaughn

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Like the product. Question though. I have games were young ones watch from the side of the cabinet. Being short I would imagine they would be blinded by the led strip. I’d imagine also if a player bent down far enough they might be able to see some of the LEDs too. I just installed some LED strip lighting in a bar area and used some opaque white diffuser covers over the LED strip with a matching aluminum channel that the strip of LEDs went in. Is a diffuser with this Pin Stadium product even possible? What does the piece look like that the led strip attaches to?

There is an awning systems that was designed to shield the light completely from the player so that you won't see them at all and also to shield the person playing next to you. From a far distance and ducking low you can try to see them that way and it's just eye candy at that point.

In fact at Expo the most common question that was asked by many playing our setup (that had never heard of Pin Stadium before) was why our pinball machines seem so different and brighter and more effects than there's at home. When I showed them they got a chuckle out of it and it made sense so they ended up ordering a set.

If you have a little one then you can simply use the Pin Stadium app to dial the brightness up or down anywhere from 0-100% to your liking and your little fans too!

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Scott,
I've only seen photographs of TAF with your product, not a video. Do you have the links handy?
Do you have photographs of how the flashers are "stealth mounted" next to the GI lights? How many flashers per side come with the flasher option?
Thanks!
Vaughn

Here is a video and a before and after he posted:

#780 6 years ago

I'm a little confused. On my TAF I also have color dmd that is plugged into 116. So that means I can plug the z connector into 118?

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I'm a little confused. On my TAF I also have color dmd that is plugged into 116. So that means I can plug the z connector into 118?

You can plug the Pin Stadium adapter into the Color DMD one or J118

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There is an awning systems that was designed to shield the light completely from the player so that you won't see them at all and also to shield the person playing next to you. From a far distance and ducking low you can try to see them that way and it's just eye candy at that point.
In fact at Expo the most common question that was asked by many playing our setup (that had never heard of Pin Stadium before) was why our pinball machines seem so different and brighter and more effects than there's at home. When I showed them they got a chuckle out of it and it made sense so they ended up ordering a set.
If you have a little one then you can simply use the Pin Stadium app to dial the brightness up or down anywhere from 0-100% to your liking and your little fans too!

Do you have any close up pics of the awning system? I’ve seen a lot of pics of games lit up but none really of the product itself.

#783 6 years ago

I was playing TWD in Pinstadium's area at Expo, not realizing it was Pinstadium's area. I kept looking at the GB next to me thinking that the colors on the playfield looked really bright and better than my GB at home. I then realized that all his pins had the Pinstadium lights. WOW, they really do make the playfield a lot brighter. Later that night i was in the Free Play area playing MM. As i was playing i thought, "man this is a really good looking MM". I then leaned down to see if it had the lights. Yep, sure did. So, Scott's lights impressed me a couple times when i wasn't expecting it. That's good enough for me. Ordered a set to try out on my MB66LE. Can't wait to get them.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Do you have any close up pics of the awning system? I’ve seen a lot of pics of games lit up but none really of the product itself.

Sure thing! I saw you own a Twilight Zone, so here is a video close up and walkthrough of the Pin Stadium lights installed on that machine. Also a before and after picture too:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#785 6 years ago

Please explain what the UV option does. I went to order a set, and then paused as I was given the option to add UV for additional $$. Is it possible to show pics with UV and without? Thanks!

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Please explain what the UV option does. I went to order a set, and then paused as I was given the option to add UV for additional $$. Is it possible to show pics with UV and without? Thanks!

You can see videos I took of Baywatch with the UV flasher connected to several different flashers on Baywatch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/25#post-4013530

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Here is a walkthrough of me with Buffalo Pinball and SDTM at Chicago Expo this weekend. I explain the UV+Glow in more detail and the Pin Stadium lighting system. Plus Nick/Kevin and Zach/Greg make their own personal comments and input too.

#788 6 years ago

Is there any risk with these lights of UV damage/fading to the plastics or playfield art?

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is a walkthrough of me with Buffalo Pinball and SDTM at Chicago Expo this weekend. I explain the UV+Glow in more detail and the Pin Stadium lighting system. Plus Nick/Kevin and Zach/Greg make their own personal comments and input too.
» YouTube video

I watched the video, but still don't understand what the UV does. I do understand the need to connect to the GI, that is a must. F it, I'll just order without the UV. Thanks

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I watched the video, but still don't understand what the UV does. I do understand the need to connect to the GI, that is a must. F it, I'll just order without the UV. Thanks

So the UV is just a UV flasher instead of say a white flasher. Some games will look better than others with UV. I disconnected the UV flasher from Baywatch because it just didn't look right for that game and Sega games are flasher crazy already and more flashing isn't needed. I'll swap Pin Stadium to my TFTC when I get that back together because that playfield has UV reactive colors and will look really sharp. GI only will look great on any game, but like I said, if you try a flasher add-on and don't like it, just disconnect it. Check out the videos I posted and you can see the UV flashing.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Is there any risk with these lights of UV damage/fading to the plastics or playfield art?

No because true UV is not bright and has damaging rays. This is called UV+Glow because we make the LED's to simulate the UV appearance but enhance it further and make it brighter too without any damaging UV rays since it does not contain them. It makes the playfield come alive and almost ignite visually for a very satisfying result.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

The UV+Glow feature is what 95% of our orders contain. In the video it's the purplish flashing light that you see when the UFO saucer gets destroyed. It's an option tp enhance your flashers and the base Pin Stadium kit enhances the GI. I hope that clarifies it. I would suggest getting both as you are better to have more options than less.

Let me know you have any other questions and thanks PoMC for helping out with support on this thread. It helps me out a bunch as I process these orders coming in

#793 6 years ago

Is it possible to use 2 flasher colors for one kit (one on each side)? I have a TFLE that I've been wanting to brighten up and I was thinking of UV on the left and red on the right to match the playfield design of decepticons (purple) vs autobots (red).

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Is it possible to use 2 flasher colors for one kit (one on each side)? I have a TFLE that I've been wanting to brighten up and I was thinking of UV on the left and red on the right to match the playfield design of decepticons (purple) vs autobots (red).

Not at the moment no. Don't see why that wouldn't be possible in the future though.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The UV+Glow feature is what 95% of our orders contain. In the video it's the purplish flashing light that you see when the UFO saucer gets destroyed. It's an option tp enhance your flashers and the base Pin Stadium kit enhances the GI. I hope that clarifies it. I would suggest getting both as you are better to have more options than less.
Let me know you have any other questions and thanks pomc for helping out with support on this thread. It helps me out a bunch as I process these orders coming in

Thanks for the info. I ordered 2 kits without flashers, but with GI connection. I went out into my game room and looked at several machines with my main lights off. I have a feeling I'll be ordering several more!

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Thanks for the info. I ordered 2 kits without flashers, but with GI connection. I went out into my game room and looked at several machines with my main lights off. I have a feeling I'll be ordering several more!

Great thank you for your order!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#797 6 years ago

Do these work with mirror blades? I'm worried about clearance as the blades already take up a chunk of that space.

#798 6 years ago

I had a thought today, which may only be specific with Space Station. Space Station has two GI strings: Normal and Green. I would like to see a model of the lights some day that has two or three GI channels that can change the lights depending on the connected GI that's on.

Am I making sense? I'm typing at 2am...

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Do these work with mirror blades? I'm worried about clearance as the blades already take up a chunk of that space.

Yes they are mirror blade compatible. When designing these I accommodated for this as most of the games tested on in my collection had mirror and/or art blades or both.

#800 6 years ago

I do understand what you are saying. Good idea as I did toss it around in the early stages. It would have required a much larger mounting platform in order to accommodate those. It is possible however I am trying to keep the design compact so that mirror and art blades are still easily and clearly seen in this current design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/16?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.