(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,199 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpg
lax243_pinball_led_mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
lousville_pinball_show_arcade (resized).png
pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png

There are 8,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 164.
#7551 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if some of you had installed a Pin Stadium fusion on a Medieval Madness remake ? If so, where did you connect the different fusion flashers to get the best result ?
Thank you for your advices !

This is a very popular machine for the Neo Fusion Atoms. Here are the suggest trigger locations for MMR:
L. Side Lo #17
Left Ramp #18
Right Ramp #21
R. Side Lo #23
If you install the Neo Fusion Atoms on this machine, it will for sure impress you and then some I’ll guarantee that and anyone that has them installed will tell you this.
That goes for all versions of Chicago Gaming’s Medieval Madness pinball machines. Of course Bally/Williams too!!
6F2A7853-2222-4F0D-A993-B36040CF135F (resized).jpeg6F2A7853-2222-4F0D-A993-B36040CF135F (resized).jpegA8943F18-F102-465E-A9C4-8A5DB6088C6C (resized).jpegA8943F18-F102-465E-A9C4-8A5DB6088C6C (resized).jpeg

#7552 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

This is a very popular machine for the Neo Fusion Atoms. Here are the suggest trigger locations for MMR:
L. Side Lo #17
Left Ramp #18
Right Ramp #21
R. Side Lo #23
If you install the Neo Fusion Atoms on this machine, it will for sure impress you and then some I’ll guarantee that and anyone that has them installed will tell you this.
That goes for all versions of Chicago Gaming’s Medieval Madness pinball machines. Of course Bally/Williams too!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Left Castle Flasher is also a good spot to trigger from. It's located on the backboard just behind the castle to the left.

Regarding how thin the Neo Atom is in comparison to the previous Pin Stadium or Neo Pin Stadium, check this out!!!

atom_neo-bulbs-pinball-led_compare (resized).pngatom_neo-bulbs-pinball-led_compare (resized).png

#7553 1 year ago

The question comes up a lot, which is the highest performing and most dazzling product of the 3. Without a doubt the Neo Fusion Atom hands down!!

Neo Fusion Atom: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom_fusion/

atom_fusion_pinball_led_bulbs (resized).pngatom_fusion_pinball_led_bulbs (resized).png
#7554 1 year ago

Part of the new design gives you a VERY small footprint(basically disappears), more power & leds, incredible illumination that has never been seen before and the Neo Atoms eliminate glass glare/reflections(2 in 1 benefit there) along with of course the brilliantly illuminated playfield and side art(new feature).

More information on the Neo Atom CLICK HERE: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom/

Any questions feel free to ask here, via PM, email, or use the 24/7 Chat. Don't forget that these generate their own Wifi signal so you can easily control colors and brightness with your phone using the Pin Stadium app. Auto syncs with factory GI and easy Plug & Play 10-15 install with no skills required. Anyone can do it!!

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

pinball_upgrade_parts_led_mods (resized).pngpinball_upgrade_parts_led_mods (resized).png
#7555 1 year ago

Extraordinary lightshow awaits you!!!!!

neo-pinball_mods_machine (resized).pngneo-pinball_mods_machine (resized).png
#7556 1 year ago

I ordered my Godzilla and Pinstadium Neo ultra at the same time. 9 months later I get my Godzilla and a better Pinstadium releases.

#7557 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I ordered my Godzilla and Pinstadium Neo ultra at the same time. 9 months later I get my Godzilla and a better Pinstadium releases.

Production and development is full speed ahead over here, nothing is stopping the Pin Stadium factory from cranking

#7558 1 year ago

Bunches of Neo Fusion Atoms will be shipping out this week. You all will be receiving your tracking information as soon as they leave out of the Pin Stadium factory. Thank you for your orders and tremendous support

#7559 1 year ago

Neo Atoms are going to get you amazing results. Check them out HERE 8): https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom/

atom_rows (resized).pngatom_rows (resized).png
#7560 1 year ago

Just trying to get opinions. I love the look of Pinstadiums but honestly can't afford to put them on all my machines. I think I am going to try a more traditional route. My question is "Do you think people would buy used Pinstadiums?" Just asking.

~Chase

#7561 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Just trying to get opinions. I love the look of Pinstadiums but honestly can't afford to put them on all my machines. I think I am going to try a more traditional route. My question is "Do you think people would buy used Pinstadiums?" Just asking.
~Chase

I've sold some older Pinstadium sets in the past in order to upgrade. As long as the price is right, I have not had any issues.

#7562 1 year ago

Definitely worth the upgrade. Going to the Neo Atoms is a remarkable game changer. So stealth and so powerful with so much control in the app

#7563 1 year ago

As promised all Neo Fusion Atoms have been shipped and are on their way. Tracking information emailed to everyone. Get ready to be blown away!!!

Learn More and Pick up a set for yourself HERE: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom_fusion/

bulb-for-pinball-machines-led (resized).pngbulb-for-pinball-machines-led (resized).png
#7564 1 year ago

Neo Toy Concert Edition Atom announcement of limited run coming VERY soon. For Toy Story LE and CE. Check out this CE with them in action here…

#7565 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Neo Toy Concert Edition Atom announcement of limited run coming VERY soon. For Toy Story LE and CE. Check out this CE with them in action here…

So I can't tell exactly from the video but is it a hybrid of atoms and traditional led? I think I see both there......?

If so, is the GnR atom forthcoming also a hybrid or is it pure atom technology? Reason I ask is I'm under the expectation that I will be looking forward to seeing the reflection stripes disappear with atom version compared to the original CE version....

Hope this makes sense.

#7566 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So I can't tell exactly from the video but is it a hybrid of atoms and traditional led? I think I see both there......?
If so, is the GnR atom forthcoming also a hybrid or is it pure atom technology? Reason I ask is I'm under the expectation that I will be looking forward to seeing the reflection stripes disappear with atom version compared to the original CE version....
Hope this makes sense.

The final product is not in this video it’s even better and this is just a prototype. No diffuser needed on the Concert Editions and the reason is because it better matches the GNR or Toy Story lightshow and side rails without it. Believe me, I tried it with early prototypes with the diffuser and without. There was a significant visual improvement designing them by not using one. Gives you that true concert feel too. If you diiffuse you lose brightness also.

If you look at the factory lighting it will make sense since the Concert Editions are syncing with those spaced out LEDs. No way to diffuser and "blend" those or you will just get dimly spaced/striped LEDS.

#7567 1 year ago

All order for the Neo Atoms and Neo Fusion from this week and weekend have already shipped!!! Production it is full speed ahead. Do you want to experience this kind of tranformation?

led-bulb-pinball-lights (resized).pngled-bulb-pinball-lights (resized).pngstern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).pngstern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
#7568 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

All order for the Neo Atoms and Neo Fusion from this week and weekend have already shipped!!! Production it is full speed ahead. Do you want to experience this kind of tranformation? [quoted image][quoted image]

I have these on my turtles and wow they’re fantastic. Hey Scott do you think you could make baby pins in neon atoms. I would love to have a set for my Munster s premium n they probably would fit better what u think.

#7569 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I have these on my turtles and wow they’re fantastic. Hey Scott do you think you could make baby pins in neon atoms. I would love to have a set for my Munster s premium n they probably would fit better what u think.

Glad to hear you are impressed with them. You’ve got the best looking TMNT pinball in the world now!! Others are free to join in the fun

Yes Baby Neo Atoms for Munsters would be killer and should work. Guess I better get in gear on that one.

#7570 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad to hear you are impressed with them. You’ve got the best looking TMNT pinball in the world now!! Others are free to join in the fun
Yes Baby Neo Atoms for Munsters would be killer and should work. Guess I better get in gear on that one.

That’s what I’m talking about Scott u are the man.

#7571 1 year ago
pinball-bulb-led-lightin_systems (resized).pngpinball-bulb-led-lightin_systems (resized).png
#7572 1 year ago

Need some ideas on the trigger locations for the Orion's Belt on Cactus Canyon Remake. Couldn't find any nice pics like on a lot of the other machines. Any suggestions on where and colors? Getting ready to do my install and wondering if anyone else has put the Neo Atom Fusions on their CCR.

#7573 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Need some ideas on the trigger locations for the Orion's Belt on Cactus Canyon Remake. Couldn't find any nice pics like on a lot of the other machines. Any suggestions on where and colors? Getting ready to do my install and wondering if anyone else has put the Neo Atom Fusions on their CCR.

Save on your money CCR owners. They do not fit. Clearance issues.

Edit: See my next post.

#7574 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Hey good hearing from you and glad to help. If you are having troubles locating the flashers on CCR, I have pictures of the locations as customers have installed them on this machine no problem, it's a snug fit but will for sure work. On the right side there is a small post on top of the plastic that you will need fit snugly next to or you can remove it. This is above the playing area and does not affect gameplay.

You can locate flashers on your machine in a very quick and easy manner. Open the coin door and go into Settings/Test/Lamps/Flashers. Be sure to pull the high voltage disable button out so you can see them flash. This is the white button located near the hinge of the coin door. You can cycle through the available flashers and then you will simply trace the 2 wires coming from them to under the playfield. On Chicago Gaming machines they are blue and yellow wires.

I will give you a call and walk you through, along with sending some pics. For support questions, it's best to email me: [email protected] as I can respond immediately. Be sure to send your phone number so I can send pics and call.

I have posted pics up here also to help others. No worries, I got you

There is a good video up and even with the older wider Neo Pin Stadiums they will clear and the Neo Fusion Atoms (which you have) are even thinner. Here is the video that will show that part I am referring to:

UPDATE: Talked to customer and everything is fitting as it should now.

cactus_canyon_mods_pinball (resized).pngcactus_canyon_mods_pinball (resized).png

cactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher2 (resized).pngcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher2 (resized).pngcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher3 (resized).pngcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher3 (resized).pngcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_gi (resized).jpgcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_gi (resized).jpgcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher (resized).pngcactus_canyon_pinball_mods_flasher (resized).png
#7575 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hey good hearing from you and glad to help. If you are having troubles locating the flashers on CCR, I have pictures of the locations as customers have installed them on this machine no problem, it's a snug fit but will for sure work. On the right side there is a small post on top of the plastic that you will need fit snugly next to or you can remove it. This is above the playing area and does not affect gameplay.
You can locate flashers on your machine in a very quick and easy manner. Open the coin door and go into Settings/Test/Lamps/Flashers. Be sure to pull the high voltage disable button out so you can see them flash. This is the white button located near the hinge of the coin door. You can cycle through the available flashers and then you will simply trace the 2 wires coming from them to under the playfield. On Chicago Gaming machines they are blue and yellow wires.
I will give you a call and walk you through, along with sending some pics. For support questions, it's best to email me: [email protected] as I can respond immediately. Be sure to send your phone number so I can send pics and call. No worries, I got you
There is a good video up and even with the older wider Neo Pin Stadiums they will clear and the Neo Fusion Atoms (which you have) are even thinner. Here is the video that will show that part I am referring to:

What I actually meant is the Fusions won't fit. What I didn't correctly insue I suppose is buy the Neo Atoms but not the Neo Atom Fusions lol.

The left side hits the train station building there.

20220830_182420 (resized).jpg20220830_182420 (resized).jpg

On the right side I did remove the clear post but the lock nut holding the ramp down next to that post won't allow the lights to go below the glass either.

20220830_182447 (resized).jpg20220830_182447 (resized).jpg

#7576 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

What I actually meant is the Fusions won't fit. What I didn't correctly insue I suppose is buy the Neo Atoms but not the Neo Atom Fusions lol.
The left side hits the train station building there.
[quoted image]
On the right side I did remove the clear post but the lock nut holding the ramp down next to that post won't allow the lights to go below the glass either.
[quoted image]

Yes understood and you will need to put the Magna-Mount on first and then put the light bars on second. It's going to be snug but will work, you may need to slightly push the train station a little bit over as you put them on. Calling you now

UPDATE: Talked to customer and all is fitting as it should now

#7577 1 year ago

Neo Atoms on Stern Deadpool for super impressive results!! Here is the link more information or if you have questions please post up here, PM, email, or use the 24/7 support chat: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom/

stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).pngstern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
#7578 1 year ago

I had several requests this week from collectors that are installing the Neo Atom pinball mods into Stern Tron. The best location for the UV+Glow flasher trigger is either the stand up target flasher or Quorra flasher. Superb results as you can see!!

stern_tron-pinball_mods (resized).pngstern_tron-pinball_mods (resized).png
#7579 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Godzilla is one of the most popular for the Neo Atoms!!
Recommended trigger location for the UV+Glow is the Top Spinner. Rip it and see what happens.....
[quoted image]

I'm going to be installing Neo Atoms in my GZ Premium. Is there a photo of how to tap into the Top Spinner as suggested?

Thanks for any pointers/help. I don't recall finding this on the Pinstadium website. If I just missed it, feel free to forward a link.

#7580 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm going to be installing Neo Atoms in my GZ Premium. Is there a photo of how to tap into the Top Spinner as suggested?
Thanks for any pointers/help. I don't recall finding this on the Pinstadium website. If I just missed it, feel free to forward a link.

Here are the pictures and there’s a lot of wires in the area so just be sure to trace the wire from the Top Spinner red dome down to the connector so you’re sure you get the right one. It will be a set of orange and red wires.

CDB4D489-D2ED-4333-8712-50770BE19216 (resized).jpegCDB4D489-D2ED-4333-8712-50770BE19216 (resized).jpegDC8A61F5-C540-448E-A311-4B7EE16EE695 (resized).jpegDC8A61F5-C540-448E-A311-4B7EE16EE695 (resized).jpeg
#7581 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here are the pictures and there’s a lot of wires in the area so just be sure to trace the wire from the Top Spinner red dome down to the connector so you’re sure you get the right one. It will be a set of orange and red wires. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thx. I seem to have your new-fangled connector, but none of the installation instructions (or video) seem to reference it. Considering this post is one year old, kind of surprised I can't find more info on how to connect it. I realize the new design was intended to avoid switching the GI/Flasher (which I never did

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/134#post-6105228

#7582 1 year ago

Hey happy to help you out!!

Here is the link to the instructions that was sent with the shipping email. All instructions are online since I am continually updating with photos and instruction details to make the install even easier. This way you always get the latest.

Here is the link:
https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/

The kit that you received is a new updated recent version that has easier connections. So basically you can follow the video as it will still apply except when you go to make your G.I. and Flasher connections you have just one thing to plug in (USB) instead of two.

The text instructions on the website have all of the current information on the Konekt adapter you mentioned…

This will be explained in Step 1 from the link above. Basically you will not need the alligator clips for three flasher portion and will simply unplug the factory flasher connection and plug that adapter in line with it so that it’s a plug and play factory style connection.

Other than these two differences the video explains how to do everything and the text instructions will cover all of it in detail with the current adapters and methods.
If you have any further questions, let me know as I am more than happy to help you

#7583 1 year ago

Chicago Gaming Cactus Canyon and Stern Godzilla with Neo Atoms installed. Any pinball machine will get these kinds of results. Easy 10-15 minute Plug & Play install that anyone can do.

Even better you can adjust that colors and brightness to any level you want using the Pin Stadium app on IOS or Android. Auto syncs with factory light show.

Here is the link to check them out:

https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/

B7AD9CEB-63DC-4C1B-93FC-800C33C8095E (resized).jpegB7AD9CEB-63DC-4C1B-93FC-800C33C8095E (resized).jpegDC9995DF-3849-49DE-9891-1C46B7B53347 (resized).jpegDC9995DF-3849-49DE-9891-1C46B7B53347 (resized).jpeg
#7584 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Chicago Gaming Cactus Canyon and Stern Godzilla with Neo Atoms installed. Any pinball machine will get these kinds of results. Easy 10-15 minute Plug & Play install that anyone can do.
Even better you can adjust that colors and brightness to any level you want using the Pin Stadium app on IOS or Android. Auto syncs with factory light show.
https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/[quoted image][quoted image]

no-brainer

#7585 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I just received my first Pinstadium order (Things Edition with Neo GI) and I think I must be missing something obvious during the installation, since I can't get them to power on.

I've got the power adapter plugged into the service outlet, and the power adapter lights up, so I'm assuming that's fine. I have the blue and white wires (GI) going to a GI bulb via the alligator clips and the red and green (Flasher) plugged into the recommended flasher through the included adapter. Lastly, I have the blue and black wires (off of the separate module) connected to a violet bulb via the alligator clips. Surprisingly, I also remembered to swap the "UV Kit Installed" to "Yes", so that's covered.

All of that said, nothing seems to happen when I turn the machine on. I honestly assume I'm missing something silly, but I'm not sure what steps I could take to make sure everything is working.

The only things I've thought to check was the power adapter (which lights up), and the lights on the pinball machine themselves (which all work fine, including the flasher). I've also unplugged and plugged all of the connectors in care something was loose. Anyone have some ideas on troubleshooting steps?

Thanks in advance!

#7586 1 year ago

Shoot me an email [email protected] and send me your phone number. I’ll help you

#7587 1 year ago

lighted-pinball-mods-led-pinball_machine (resized).pnglighted-pinball-mods-led-pinball_machine (resized).png

Metallica is one of many killer machines for the Neo Fusion Atoms. Concert stage unleashed.........

More information here: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-atom_fusion/

stern-metallica-pinball-mods (resized).pngstern-metallica-pinball-mods (resized).png
#7588 1 year ago

Pin Stadium factory is cranking and working away at getting all the Neo Atom order and Neo Fusion Atoms out. If you have yet to pick up a set for your machine to experience them, then now is the time to see why collectors are installing them on all of their machines: https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/

led-pinball-bulb-lighted-pinball-mods (resized).pngled-pinball-bulb-lighted-pinball-mods (resized).png
#7589 1 year ago

One of the most popular machines for the Neo Atoms is Jersey Jack Pinball Wizard of Oz. Super easy install and results like this!!!!

Click here for more information: https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/

#wizard-of-oz @wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le Wizard!

jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).pngjersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
#7590 1 year ago

Getting a lot of questions about those of you who have the previous generation lights and want to go with the Neo Atoms. The biggest question is how slim are they?? Check it out!!!

atom_neo-bulbs-pinball-led_compare (resized).pngatom_neo-bulbs-pinball-led_compare (resized).png
#7591 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Getting a lot of questions about those of you who have the previous generation lights and want to go with the Neo Atoms. The biggest question is how slim are they?? Check it out!!!
[quoted image]

Can you say micro mini light bars with massive power??

#7592 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

https://pinstadium.com/product-category/pinball_mods/[quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious as to why you have these intentionally misleading pictures? I mean I guess I understand the "why" but it's not cool IMO and shady practice.

I play in a blacked out basement with my lights off, and I can tell you (and anyone who owns GZ can also tell you) that my GZ looks absolutely NOTHING like that when I am playing in a pitch black basement.

Here is what it actually looks like in a pitch black basement.

gz1 (resized).jpeggz1 (resized).jpeggz2 (resized).jpeggz2 (resized).jpeg
#7593 1 year ago

Stark diff, for sure. Good question, I think. Regardless, the PS product was an amazing add to my GNR, but I get where you are coming from.
I wonder how much of your pic is the backbox light illuminating the playfield, and if PS is taking pics with the backbox covered up, and focusing on the playfield only? Also there is the differences in cameras to consider... I dunno.
What I do know is that there is an answer coming...
Knowing more about the PS photography process might help understand more here.

#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just curious as to why you have these intentionally misleading pictures? I mean I guess I understand the "why" but it's not cool IMO and shady practice.
I play in a blacked out basement with my lights off, and I can tell you (and anyone who owns GZ can also tell you) that my GZ looks absolutely NOTHING like that when I am playing in a pitch black basement.
Here is what it actually looks like in a pitch black basement. [quoted image][quoted image]

Great question and happy to help!! Glad you asked this, as this is a perfect example of lighting and how the eye sees it along with how the player realizes the factory lighting is not sufficient (see below). With digital cameras and the advancements of phones with their large apertures for dark night shots along with onboard chips for instant post processing, you are definitely going to get enhanced dark and light areas especially in dark room that appear nothing like how you would see it in person, totally agree. The electronic camera eye is going to over or under compensate with good intentions but unrealistic results. It's always going to be like that and has been a common question that needs to explained in detail.

This picture to the untrained eye would definitely appear to be factory original bright. As mentioned above, someone realized how dark it was from the factory and installed quadrupled the amount of additional spotlights (4x) in an attempt to offset the dark areas and focused them into the very troublesome dark center of the playfield at different angles to compensate for the light coverage that the other added spotlights could not effectively cover.

When you install spotlights it's a rather involved process to solder and/or install them through the factory playfield wiring from underneath to the top. It's a mess of wires and as you will soon see one set up wires turns into many. You will end up chasing your tail when attempting this hack(believe I used to do the same thing prior to Pin Stadiums so I totally relate to the person who attempted this). Brings me back to the old days for sure.

Once you get the first spotlight is installed, you will start to see what is known as a "hotspot", which means the surrounding areas around the spotlight (which are still very dark) starts to appear worse due to the relative contrast of the drastic bright to dark sections. In addition the light throw distance of the LED bulb from the spotlight only goes a few inches out then drops off significantly. Then once the first spotlight is installed you realize this never ending process of
what I like to call "Chasing the Dark" begins and now you need to try to balance it out continually up and down and left and right of the playfield until you reach the ends.

Keep in mind that "spot"lights are called this intentionally by name since they only light up a "spot" of the playfield. Think of a spotlight used on a stage at a concert or arena to focus on the presenter or active participant. Part of the spotlight design is to add the 45 degree reflective dome around it in order to attempt to try to focus the small amount of light one LED can produce. By default, the heavy shadow edges created on the playfield from the dome surrounding that bulb define the dark areas even more. You will see that they are also there to shield the light from player's eyes to try to prevent a distracting lighting event or to stop reflections from objects surrounding them or even worse they can reflect of the screen of the backglass into your eyes.

A perfect example of this known issue is that some of the manufacturers try to angle to speaker box and screen panel to try to offset this. This is why in the picture of the "black" circled added lights you will see that they are purposely turned so that they will not hit the player in the face.

Also back to the electronic eyes on phone cameras.......

They all will try to auto adjust lighting using "good intentioned" algorithms. You can see in the "light blue" circles that the phone or user turned up the exposure excessively to brighten the still remaining dark spots. What happens is this makes the lights and entire playfield appear foggy and washed out with bright stark white hazy unrecognizable halos in many sections. You are going to get this with every camera but in this pic it's going to be much more pronounced.

In person those lights don't look distracting whatsoever and if they did you would need to install a shield (like the spotlight) around those too, but you would then not be able to see the light or it would block visibility of the ball. This would also ruin the point of the indicator lamp from the factory. The camera in this pic is picking up on those additions of the 4x spotlights and is over compensating to try to match everything else in the focal point of the picture to a balanced medium, which does not do well and is not realistic. The level of over compensating can be determined by how much brighter the hot spots in the light blue circles are in comparison to real life visual scenarios. A noticeable difference too is the "Translight Reflection" section that the camera is picking up on. You can see it's still there because the playfield under the glass is darker than the backbox. In the picture it does not seem significant but if it's showing up then it goes back to the scenario of how much bright the light blue circles really are and the phone camera is still seeing them, which means in person it's noticeable. That is due to the darker sections that are not balanced from the spotlights. Four spotlights means 4 tiny white bulbs with a job bigger than they could ever handle.

The solution plain and simple is the Neo Atom lights, they offer full playfield coverage and stealth factory appearance mounting. Dual light bars down the entire length of the playfield to eliminate dark spots, hot spots, shadows, and glass/translite reflections. They come with the Invisi-Shield to keep the light on playfield and not in your eyes. Also they sync with the factory light show(fading, dimming, flashing, on/off etc) with precision. Combine that with their ability to generate their own Wifi signal so you can adjust the desired brightness and colors to your liking. The key to getting the artwork to pop with deep, rich, bold effects is to dial in the lights of the dominate color of the graphics of the playfield using the app.

I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing and to answer your questions. I am sure this is a something many others have wondered about also and this was a great opportunity to go into detail regarding the science and design behind the creation of the Pin Stadium product lines. I would be happy to jump on a call with you too to discuss this in further detail if you want to email me and or PM here.

Here is the link to purchase or for more information on the Neo Atoms:

Attached is "Before" original factory Godzilla LE and "After" the Neo Atoms install!! The camera will never accurately show what you will experience in person. Once the Neo Atoms have been seen in person, it is worth it's weight in gold. I encourage you to see what others are seeing after the install and know that satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
6133f713f19a77f511bce034688433ff408058e4 (resized).png6133f713f19a77f511bce034688433ff408058e4 (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).pngstern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png

#7595 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Great question and happy to help!! Glad you asked this, as this is a perfect example of lighting and how the eye sees it along with how the player realizes the factory lighting is not sufficient (see below). With digital cameras and the advancements of phones with their large apertures for dark night shots along with onboard chips for instant post processing, you are definitely going to get enhanced dark and light areas especially in dark room that appear nothing like how you would see it in person, totally agree. The electronic camera eye is going to over or under compensate with good intentions but unrealistic results. It's always going to be like that and has been a common question that needs to explained in detail.
This picture to the untrained eye would definitely appear to be factory original bright. As mentioned above, someone realized how dark it was from the factory and installed quadrupled the amount of additional spotlights (4x) in an attempt to offset the dark areas and focused them into the very troublesome dark center of the playfield at different angles to compensate for the light coverage that the other added spotlights could not effectively cover.
When you install spotlights it's a rather involved process to solder and/or install them through the factory playfield wiring from underneath to the top. It's a mess of wires and as you will soon see one set up wires turns into many. You will end up chasing your tail when attempting this hack(believe I used to do the same thing prior to Pin Stadiums so I totally relate to the person who attempted this). Brings me back to the old days for sure.
Once you get the first spotlight is installed, you will start to see what is known as a "hotspot", which means the surrounding areas around the spotlight (which are still very dark) starts to appear worse due to the relative contrast of the drastic bright to dark sections. In addition the light throw distance of the LED bulb from the spotlight only goes a few inches out then drops off significantly. Then once the first spotlight is installed you realize this never ending process of
what I like to call "Chasing the Dark" begins and now you need to try to balance it out continually up and down and left and right of the playfield until you reach the ends.
Keep in mind that "spot"lights are called this intentionally by name since they only light up a "spot" of the playfield. Think of a spotlight used on a stage at a concert or arena to focus on the presenter or active participant. Part of the spotlight design is to add the 45 degree reflective dome around it in order to attempt to try to focus the small amount of light one LED can produce. By default, the heavy shadow edges created on the playfield from the dome surrounding that bulb define the dark areas even more. You will see that they are also there to shield the light from player's eyes to try to prevent a distracting lighting event or to stop reflections from objects surrounding them or even worse they can reflect of the screen of the backglass into your eyes.
A perfect example of this known issue is that some of the manufacturers try to angle to speaker box and screen panel to try to offset this. This is why in the picture of the "black" circled added lights you will see that they are purposely turned so that they will not hit the player in the face.
They all will try to auto adjust lighting using "good intentioned" algorithms. You can see in the "light blue" circles that the phone or user turned up the exposure excessively to brighten the still remaining dark spots. What happens is this makes the lights and entire playfield appear foggy and washed out with bright stark white hazy unrecognizable halos in many sections. You are going to get this with every camera but in this pic it's going to be much more pronounced.
In person those lights don't look distracting whatsoever and if they did you would need to install a shield (like the spotlight) around those too, but you would then not be able to see the light or it would block visibility of the ball. This would also ruin the point of the indicator lamp from the factory. The camera in this pic is picking up on those additions of the 4x spotlights and is over compensating to try to match everything else in the focal point of the picture to a balanced medium, which does not do well and is not realistic. The level of over compensating can be determined by how much brighter the hot spots in the light blue circles are in comparison to real life visual scenarios. A noticeable difference too is the "Translight Reflection" section that the camera is picking up on. You can see it's still there because the playfield under the glass is darker than the backbox. In the picture it does not seem significant but if it's showing up then it goes back to the scenario of how much bright the light blue circles really are and the phone camera is still seeing them, which means in person it's noticeable. That is due to the darker sections that are not balanced from the spotlights. Four spotlights means 4 tiny white bulbs with a job bigger than they could ever handle.
The solution plain and simple is the Neo Atom lights, they offer full playfield coverage and stealth factory appearance mounting. Dual light bars down the entire length of the playfield to eliminate dark spots, hot spots, shadows, and glass/translite reflections. They come with the Invisi-Shield to keep the light on playfield and not in your eyes. Also they sync with the factory light show(fading, dimming, flashing, on/off etc) with precision. Combine that with their ability to generate their own Wifi signal so you can adjust the desired brightness and colors to your liking. The key to getting the artwork to pop with deep, rich, bold effects is to dial in the lights of the dominate color of the graphics of the playfield using the app.
I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing and to answer your questions. I am sure this is a something many others have wondered about also and this was a great opportunity to go into detail regarding the science and design behind the creation of the Pin Stadium product lines. I would be happy to jump on a call with you too to discuss this in further detail if you want to email me and or PM here.
Attached is "Before" original factory Godzilla LE and "After" the Neo Atoms install!! The camera will never accurately show what you will experience in person. Once the Neo Atoms have been seen in person, it is worth it's weight in gold. I encourage you to see what others are seeing after the install and know that satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from pinstadium:

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is what you call a smack down. You did not have to address this bozo trying to discredit you and your product, but I enjoyed that you did. Anyone who has tried your product would know how well your product works. Thanks for making such a great product, keep innovating and improving it, and having a passion for quality customer service. My pinball collection thanks you. I do wish it were cheaper but you deserve every penny. Kudos.

#7596 1 year ago

I'm not discrediting his product. Please show me where I said his product was bad. I simply asked about his misleading photos.

Even after his explanation, it still doesn't address the issue of the misleading photos. It's just more sales talk trying to talk up his product.

I also understand what is involved in installing spotlights, as those pictures I posted are mine and I installed them. I was debating posting the "after" shots, but I've also now attached the "before" photos without any spotlights installed, nor trough light nor starpost lights (which were installed for atmosphere more so than actual light). And again, it still looks nothing like your before pictures. It's just GZ in attract mode and right after it starts.

IMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8409 (resized).JPGIMG_8410 (resized).JPGIMG_8410 (resized).JPG

I honestly don't even think the photos I posted do it justice - it looks "brighter" in person, not darker.

Again, I'm not saying ANYTHING at all about your product. I'm sure it is awesome and looks great. I'm asking about the misleading photos for your "before" installation pictures, because the games don't look anything like that from the factory. And because of your misleading before photos, it makes me wonder how "true/real" your after photos are.

I can tell you before I got my very first pin last year, Jurassic Park, I came across your lighting solution and thought it looked awesome. And then I saw your before/after pics of the pin stadium lights, again, before ever owning the machine while still trying to find one and it was super intriguing because I knew I was going to play in a fully dark room. I purchased quite a few mods before ever owning the machine and was on the fence about buying them but I held off due to price and wanted to see how it looked stock first.

Then I got my pin and played in a super dark room and was like wait a minute, it looks NOTHING those pictures. If that is the case, then the after photos are also probably staged and not true. I've never seen them in person though and can't comment on them due to that, but me personally, there is just no way I'd ever purchase them without seeing them in person first because I simply don't trust the pictures on the website, and as you even mentioned, lighting is very hard to come across over pictures.

So yeah, once again, I'm not knocking your product at all, just letting you know that the non realistic before pics are a bit shady of a practice IMO and very misleading. Sure maybe I'm the only one who thinks so but maybe not.

#7597 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I'm not discrediting his product. Please show me where I said his product was bad. I simply asked about his misleading photos.
Even after his explanation, it still doesn't address the issue of the misleading photos. It's just more sales talk trying to talk up his product.
I also understand what is involved in installing spotlights, as those pictures I posted are mine and I installed them. I was debating posting the "after" shots, but I've also now attached the "before" photos without any spotlights installed, nor trough light nor starpost lights (which were installed for atmosphere more so than actual light). And again, it still looks nothing like your before pictures. It's just GZ in attract mode and right after it starts.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I honestly don't even think the photos I posted do it justice - it looks "brighter" in person, not darker.
Again, I'm not saying ANYTHING at all about your product. I'm sure it is awesome and looks great. I'm asking about the misleading photos for your "before" installation pictures, because the games don't look anything like that from the factory. And because of your misleading before photos, it makes me wonder how "true/real" your after photos are.
I can tell you before I got my very first pin last year, Jurassic Park, I came across your lighting solution and thought it looked awesome. And then I saw your before/after pics of the pin stadium lights, again, before ever owning the machine while still trying to find one and it was super intriguing because I knew I was going to play in a fully dark room. I purchased quite a few mods before ever owning the machine and was on the fence about buying them but I held off due to price and wanted to see how it looked stock first.
Then I got my pin and played in a super dark room and was like wait a minute, it looks NOTHING those pictures. If that is the case, then the after photos are also probably staged and not true. I've never seen them in person though and can't comment on them due to that, but me personally, there is just no way I'd ever purchase them without seeing them in person first because I simply don't trust the pictures on the website, and as you even mentioned, lighting is very hard to come across over pictures.
So yeah, once again, I'm not knocking your product at all, just letting you know that the non realistic before pics are a bit shady of a practice IMO and very misleading. Sure maybe I'm the only one who thinks so but maybe not.

It's all good and I love having this post active live and visible for others including yourself. It gives me an opportunity to discuss and address questions when they come up, along with describing the product features/functions. The good news is that things can get even better than you can imagine and on these high dollar machines, they deserve the very best. I totally under where you come from as I used to attempt to use spotlights, trough lights, and lighted star post lights to illuminate the playfield. I convinced myself it was good enough and I was happy, but there was more to be unveiled later through invention and creation I realized those other additions were best for accent lighting but not full and proper playfield illumination. Hence the creation of Pin Stadiums.....

Once you install the lights, they will provide incredible results for the entire playfield beyond your imagination. Combine that with the ability to adjust colors and brightness in the Pin Stadium app to your liking while not being limited to a fixed white or fixed colored bulb that highlights just a few sections of the playfield. Thay will auto-sync with the factory lightshow with their 10-15 Plug & Play install. Also if you ever go to sell or trade the game, not only will they increase the value of the machine (they hold their value for what you paid for them) but you can also move them out to the next one you get too. It's a game changer and you will not be disappointed!!!

Here are some great pics of some more before and afters on Chicago Gaming Company or Bally/Williams Attack From Mars

#attack-from-mars Attack From Mars (Remake - Classic) Attack From Mars (Remake - LE) Attack From Mars (Remake - Special)

bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).pngbally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png

#7598 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Here is a 3-year old post I made with A/B photos I can vouch for (i.e. I took them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/66#post-4667287

From my perspective, for many games, I've been very pleased with the result (and support from Scott).

My "bone to pick" is with all the wiz bang product announcements that are (apparently) designed to market & sell...some of which are very confusing (I think by design, unfortunately).

For example, I just purchased the "Neo Atom" product for my GZ Premium...it sits right next to my JP Premium with the "classic" PS product. The "New Atom" product cost $100 more and has questionable support in the PS app (for example, if you fiddle with the white balance slider it renders the product useless). When I called Scott, he told me the "Neo Atom" product doesn't have separate white balance and I shouldn't touch the slider if I wanted the product to function properly. Odd. So...I paid $100 more for a product with less app control? Seems like the ONLY advantage is the smaller form factor and less striping. OTOH, they don't seem as bright as the classic. If the Neo Atom product is universally better than the original/classic product, why not just sell it for a modest up-charge? If it's NOT universally better, be straightforward with buyers on the advantages & disadvantages!

I've supported Scott with my wallet over the years, but wish the product marketing was more straightforward and less glitzy. The cool action figure art projects might be fun eye candy for Scott's ads, but don't actually tell me much about what I'm buying (and why it's better than what I bought last year). Oh well, whatever

Respectfully, Steve.

#7599 1 year ago

Thanks for the support and your order!! The Godzilla artwork is much darker in color tones than Jurassic Park and that is the difference you are seeing. The color tones in Godzilla absorb much more light as opposed to Jurassic. So you need even more power to get that beauty illuminated. Good thing you have the Neo Atoms!!!

Regarding the app:

With the Neo Atoms you will use the RGB color wheel for simpler navigation.  The new design of the Neo Atoms have consolidated all the extra power along with more/new LEDs into the RGB menu for the better illumination color ranges for all colors and allows all shade ranges of white too.   As a result you will not use the White slider and leave it at 0%

Now you can also use the small RGB menu on the top left of the color wheel for even finer granular controls also. Cool stuff!!!

#7600 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks for the support and your order!! The Godzilla artwork is much darker in color tones than Jurassic Park and that is the difference you are seeing. The color tones in Godzilla absorb much more light as opposed to Jurassic. So you need even more power to get that beauty illuminated. Good thing you have the Neo Atoms!!!
Regarding the app:
With the Neo Atoms you will use the RGB color wheel for simpler navigation.  The new design of the Neo Atoms have consolidated all the extra power along with more/new LEDs into the RGB menu for the better illumination color ranges for all colors and allows all shade ranges of white too.   As a result you will not use the White slider and leave it at 0%
Now you can also use the small RGB menu on the top left of the color wheel for even finer granular controls also. Cool stuff!!!

Do you still work on the app? If so, please consider changing your app to disable features that don't apply to certain versions of your light bars.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
There are 8,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.