(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Pinball Machine LED lights Mod Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,596 posts
  • 461 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,147 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E360AA42-A6A9-40DA-AF5F-7E4939AFD956 (resized).jpeg
F44F83EE-3EC2-421C-9746-F1AE22C9FEA3 (resized).jpeg
0E5823F9-2550-43D3-85F8-E683419A727D (resized).jpeg
IMG_0593 (resized).JPG
IMG_0590 (resized).JPG
IMG_0586 (resized).JPG
IMG_0554 (resized).JPG
IMG_0577 (resized).JPG
IMG_0576 (resized).JPG
60377811-98F7-469B-8920-EE69517BDEF5 (resized).jpeg
97EF681D-B427-41EE-A7AA-087D3B85700A (resized).jpeg
F8FE114D-2301-40AC-B4CB-ADE2013D8366 (resized).png
1946FCA0-AB5C-4B24-80B4-3903463F8D11 (resized).png
C580DD27-B4AC-4925-88EC-A0AD85B76688 (resized).jpeg
DC0CFBDA-2920-4981-8375-47D6887F4D60 (resized).jpeg
pinball_mods_led_lighting (resized).png

There are 5596 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is that option in the purple pick b/c I want to stay away from that. The first pic(updated) looks great.

That’s me playing with the color wheel....it’s way less blue than what you see there. I was just using one of th main colors from the PF to show off what the Pinstadiums can do. You have many, many options with the color wheel. I have been using that first updated pic a lot....it’s like “museum” quality.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is that option in the purple pick b/c I want to stay away from that. The first pic (updated) looks great.

He just turned down the white and blue all the way up. The app has a color wheel on it. You just drag your finger to the color you want. Then up the brightness of that color.

Then up the brightness of the white.

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is that option in the purple pick b/c I want to stay away from that. The first pic (updated) looks great.

I believe it's called the "purple" option. But i think you secretly have a thing for it.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He just turned down the white and blue all the way up. The app has a color wheel on it. You just drag your finger to the color you want. Then up the brightness of that color.
Then up the brightness of the white.

I don't have a smart phone so how do I do that?

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Scott, received my kit today for RZLE. Didn't see any instructions with the kit. Anything special for Spooky. Also, any suggestions for the flasher hook-up? Thanks!

Sorry I've been driving all evening with the Pin Stadium booth expo items in a trailer full of pinball machines with the Pin Stadiums installed . Just getting into the hotel now as we will be setting up early in the morning tomorrow. As far as Rob zombie goes just connect the flashers to the purple flasher on the right and then find a G.I. and you should be good to go. For the flasher connection you'll want to trace the wires and then use the wire taps for that. Offhand I can't remember the wire colors but the manual tell you.

It maybe too late sounds like you already got some of the install done. I hope this helps

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

Just got my shipping email today. Looking forward to a brighter LOTR in just three days. In your demo video I see you hooked the flasher up to Balrog. I have the backbox eye flasher mod that goes on and off with the spinner on my LOTR. I was thinking of hooking to that flasher. Do you think the strobing effect would be too much?

You could try it and see what it looks like I haven't tried to connect to that however I know the Balrog connection blew me away and I left the Uv+Glow flasher hooked to that and haven't changed it since. Play around with it and let us know what you ended up liking. You have all kinds of options.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not sure. Haha. Maybe there's a web version that can adjust the settings. I will say, the default settings are usually pretty good, but yeah you definitely want to be able to access that app somehow.

Buy a cheap ass tablet?

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. Haha. Maybe there's a web version that can adjust the settings. I will say, the default settings are usually pretty good, but yeah you definitely want to be able to access that app somehow.
Buy a cheap ass tablet?

Thanks, this whole apps thing has me confused cuz I have a dumb phone. You'd think it would come with some kind of remoter for cases like me.

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, this whole apps thing has me confused cuz I have a dumb phone. You'd think it would come with some kind of remoter for cases like me.

If I know scott like I think I do, you won't be left in the dark.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Surely you have a friend or family member that has one you can use long enough to get it setup and tweaked to your liking?? If not I'd suggest an old Android tablet or iPod touch (might want to skip the Fire tablets from Amazon unless Scott has the app available in the Amazon app store too) for cheap off of Ebay or Craigslist.

shirley (resized).jpg

#712 2 years ago

Yeah you just need to have someone download the app on their phone so you can configure your game. Once you have it set the way you want those settings will remain when powering on/off the game.

You could also use an Android emulator on your computer, they work very well and I use one to play Android games on my touchgame system. They have full wifi access and everything, just like a phone/tablet except you're using the computer.

#713 2 years ago

Just installed in my MMR. I said wow. This is pure genius!

99B230C2-43F7-43A0-A1B5-B8FF310E64AB (resized).jpeg

0DAE71DD-713F-47B7-88A2-D0F6C0D24387 (resized).jpeg

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah you just need to have someone download the app on their phone so you can configure your game. Once you have it set the way you want those settings will remain when powering on/off the game.
You could also use an Android emulator on your computer, they work very well and I use one to play Android games on my touchgame system. They have full wifi access and everything, just like a phone/tablet except you're using the computer.

I guess we're assuming mustangpaul has Wifi in his house.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I guess we're assuming mustangpaul has Wifi in his house.

And even a computer. Maybe he goes to the library each day and uses theirs?

#716 2 years ago

Baywatch before Pin Stadium:

Pin Stadium turned on with UV flasher connected to one under the left ramp. Way too much crazy flashing using this flasher!

Pin Stadium on with the UV flasher connected to the shark flipper flasher. Much better, but still some crazy flashing during a few sequences, but not crazy during gameplay.

My wife playing a game:

#717 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I don't have a smart phone, I don't have Wifi, don't have cable tv, no real need for any of that crap but I do have a puter a windoz which I hate. Life is complicated enough without all that other junk which they TELL us we need. Looks like this mod is out for me.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the info guys. I don't have a smart phone, I don't have Wifi, don't have cable tv, no real need for any of that crap but I do have a puter a windoz which I hate. Life is complicated enough without all that other junk which they TELL us we need. Looks like this mod is out for me.

You just need a friend or family member that has an iPhone or Android phone to install the app. You really won't need the app once you have the game lighting setup how you like.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You just need a friend or family member that has an iPhone or Android phone to install the app. You really won't need the app once you have the game lighting setup how you like.

Actually if he doesn't have WiFi there's nothing for the PS controller to connect to in order to use the app so it would just be default settings. I don't think it can be setup with a direct connection between the controller and a mobile device but I'll let Scott clarify that, the only other option would be to setup a temporary or ad-hoc connection on a mobile device long enough to set it up.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Actually if he doesn't have WiFi there's nothing for the PS controller to connect to in order to use the app so it would just be default settings. I don't think it can be setup with a direct connection between the controller and a mobile device but I'll let Scott clarify that, the only other option would be to setup a temporary or ad-hoc connection on a mobile device long enough to set it up.

Oh yeah. Eject him from the thread then.

#721 2 years ago

I've got 5 sets of the Pinstadium and absolutely love the ones I've installed so far.

Waiting to install a set on my MMR. Scott told me to "tap in" to one of the castle flashers. Problem with that is I'm technically challenged (putting it lightly). Can anyone who has done this post pics and/or explain how this is done. Would be much appreciated.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn Gillian’s Island.....Mr leg light ups with his cool MOD but doesn’t have a smart phone to access apps or even WIFI!!!!!

Nobody told me I needed that stuff......I JUST NEED IT!!!!

#725 2 years ago

I have an extra router I'll send to someone who is wifiless. You might even be able to hide it behind a topper.

#726 2 years ago

I am very circumspect about what devices I will allow on my network. Let’s suppose I create an ad hoc network for the purposes of configuring the mod. Can I then completely disable the Pin Stadium’s wireless radio until needed for future configuration?

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I am very circumspect about what devices I will allow on my network. Let’s suppose I create an ad hoc network for the purposes of configuring the mod. Can I then completely disable the Pin Stadium’s wireless radio until needed for future configuration?

Yes. Like mentioned before, once you get the settings you want, you can disconnect all networking the lights have and the settings will hold until you change them again.

#728 2 years ago

CV installed! Haven't gotten to RZ yet. Here are some shots with it on

IMG_1924 (resized).JPG

IMG_1930 (resized).JPG

IMG_1926 (resized).JPG

#729 2 years ago

Following!

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like mentioned before, once you get the settings you want, you can disconnect all networking the lights have and the settings will hold until you change them again.

Yes, I understand that I can disconnect. The question is can I then disable the WiFi radio?

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Yes, I understand that I can disconnect. The question is can I then disable the WiFi radio?

Pretty sure. You only need it to change the settings. Not to turn it on and off.

#732 2 years ago

When merely disconnected it will likely still be polling nearby networks, broadcasting its SSID, and generally cluttering the spectrum. I want to disable completely until needed.

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

When merely disconnected it will likely still be polling nearby networks, broadcasting its SSID, and generally cluttering the spectrum. I want to disable completely until needed.

Actually now that I think of it, if the lights are on I'm pretty sure they put off that ssid. Not sure how you would stop that.

#734 2 years ago

Take s

Quoted from zombywoof:When merely disconnected it will likely still be polling nearby networks, broadcasting its SSID, and generally cluttering the spectrum. I want to disable completely until needed.

Wrap the controller board in several layers of aluminum foil to block the wifi signal if it cannot be disabled.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Damn Gillian’s Island.....Mr leg light ups with his cool MOD but doesn’t have a smart phone to access apps or even WIFI!!!!!
Nobody told me I needed that stuff......I JUST NEED IT!!!!

Yup don't need that junk to run my mod.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

If you set it up on a temporary network I assume (I don't have intricate knowledge of the hardware used) it would continue to send probe requests looking for that network. Considering it is only on the 2.4GHz side which I hardly use at all anymore, it's low powered and it's inside a pinball machine that further attenuates the signal I'm not sure how much noise or clutter that could possibly cause but yes, it would be there. I believe it only goes back to broadcasting it's "set me up" (that's not the SSID it uses) network if it's factory reset but I could be wrong about that.

#737 2 years ago

Does this mod work with classic Bally games?

How do the light bars attach to the playfield? Any good pics of that available?

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Does this mod work with classic Bally games?
How do the light bars attach to the playfield? Any good pics of that available?

Plugs into the service plug. They mount to the side walls with magnets.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plugs into the service plug. They mount to the side walls with magnets.

So they magnetically stick to the siderails? I guess you have to remove them to lift the playfield?

Are they able to be mounted high enough on a classic Bally cabinet to properly light the entire pf, since the cabinet is pretty shallow with not much height to sidewalls above the playfield itself?

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So they magnetically stick to the siderails? I guess you have to remove them to lift the playfield?
Are they able to be mounted high enough on a classic Bally cabinet to properly light the entire pf, since the cabinet is pretty shallow with not much height to sidewalls above the playfield itself?

Great question. My firepower is as tight as can be from this standpoint and here is what it looks like before and after.

7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg

#741 2 years ago

I ordered this roll of magnetic tape so I can install strips on Mustang and Metallica and swap out Pin Stadium on those games. I ended up disconnecting the UV flasher from Baywatch because that game is just too flasher happy and doesn't need any extra effects. The GI on Baywatch is crazy too, so that's enough for me.

amazon.com link »

I have the Total Lightshow kit installed on Metallica, so I'm looking forward to trying Pin Stadium in conjunction with it. Mustang will look fantastic too. I'll get pics and videos up as I try this out.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I ordered this roll of magnetic tape so I can install strips on Mustang and Metallica and swap out Pin Stadium on those games. I ended up disconnecting the UV flasher from Baywatch because that game is just too flasher happy and doesn't need any extra effects. The GI on Baywatch is crazy too, so that's enough for me.
amazon.com link »
I have the Total Lightshow kit installed on Metallica, so I'm looking forward to trying Pin Stadium in conjunction with it. Mustang will look fantastic too. I'll get pics and videos up as I try this out.

Email me about the mounting of these if you need some more Magna-Mounts as the material, dimensions, and specs are really important versus trying some off the shelf method. I would be more than happy to help you out and get you what you need to do this.

Also, Total Lightshow is really cool and then some!! In fact he is a customer of Pin Stadiums too. I have not seen the combo of these two together and I would love to see some footage of that on your Metallica. When you get it installed please post up on that if you have some time.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Email me about the mounting of these if you need some more Magna-Mounts as the material, dimensions, and specs are really important versus trying some off the shelf method. I would be more than happy to help you out and get you what you need to do this.
Also, Total Lightshow is really cool and then some!! In fact he is a customer of Pin Stadiums too. I have not seen the combo of these two together and I would love to see some footage of that on your Metallica. When you get it installed please post up on that if you have some time.

It will take a little time to get interfaced. My switching is high side, so I need common cathode LEDs, and commercially available LED strips are all common anode, so I have to build a little thingy in the middle so my high side switching is converted to low side to drive the PS LEDs. Totally doable and in progress, just will take longer than simply plugging together. Pretty psyched to get it going though.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It will take a little time to get interfaced. My switching is high side, so I need common cathode LEDs, and commercially available LED strips are all common anode, so I have to build a little thingy in the middle so my high side switching is converted to low side to drive the PS LEDs. Totally doable and in progress, just will take longer than simply plugging together. Pretty psyched to get it going though.

Looking forward to it!!! Thank you for the update.

#745 2 years ago

I discovered a pin these lights will physically not fit on......BSD. The left side village plastic renders the left LED strip unable to fit there. That plastic almost touches the PF glass itself and is right up against the side of the cab....it’s a pretty long plastic too.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I discovered a pin these lights will physically not fit on......BSD. The left side village plastic renders the left LED strip unable to fit there. That plastic almost touches the PF glass itself and is right up against the side of the cab....it’s a pretty long plastic too.

Damn. Wondered about this one. This game needs these too.

#747 2 years ago

They're tight on JD also but they do fit. I need to get some pics up. They really help. Mike

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Total Lightshow is really cool and then some!! In fact he is a customer of Pin Stadiums too. I have not seen the combo of these two together and I would love to see some footage of that on your Metallica. When you get it installed please post up on that if you have some time.

After slapping this in my MMR I'm super interested in putting this in my Met pro with total lightshow. If I wanted to retain the red/blue only GI lighting when hitting ramps etc... would I just tie the GI to a white bulb if I went with the GI upgrade? Would love to brighten it up as I removed my spotlights to make the game more "vib-ey", and would also love to remove the creeping death mod and replace with the UV flashers.

And of course, it would be absolutely killer if some sort of additional integration could be incorporated into the pinduino board!

#749 2 years ago

Hey pinstadium -- Just watched the stream with Buffalo and SDTM -- thanks for putting it on.

I was thinking about getting one of these for Black Knight 2000 -- do the pinstadium lights flicker properly with the GI Relay in that game? Not sure if there's something special about it vs. other System 11 games.

Thanks!

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

After slapping this in my MMR I'm super interested in putting this in my Met pro with total lightshow. If I wanted to retain the red/blue only GI lighting when hitting ramps etc... would I just tie the GI to a white bulb

Pinstadium LEDs are 12V, low side switching. TLS drives 6.3V high side. For TLS integration, the TLS switching needs to drive a gate for each colour to sink the PS LEDs to ground on a 12V rail. I'm doing it, but I have to build a few things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 5596 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside