(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,197 posts
  • 694 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_lighting_mods-pinball (resized).png
jerseyjack_pinball_mods_gunsnroses (resized).png
gnr_pinball_mods_3 (resized).png
IMG_5279 (resized).PNG
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-munsters-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-the-simpsons-party-pinball-mods (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_jurassic_park_-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
stern_pinball_venom_pinball_mods_2500 (resized).png

There are 8,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 164.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have five Pinstadium kits on order (and intend to order more as soon as I've received the first five) because the additional playfield lighting they provide is a huge improvement to just about any game. But I'm not that sold on the Pinstadium flasher option because I like the specific locations of the flashers in the games to stand out, instead of the Pinstadium flashers spreading the flashing over the entire playfield. The exception would be using the Pinstadium UV glow flashers on games where the playfield has items that may react very well to UV (such as Scared Stiff if your game has the glow-in-the-dark plastic pieces).

One of the reasons the flasher option was built in under the awning was to control the brightness and also additionally hide the light source. This way it works for the main game flasher to be the focal point and the Pin Stadiums are used to accent that. In the past prior to Pin Stadiums I used to want the flashers to be really bright and I would install 8 or 12 led flashers to get the intensity. However what I found was the light source of that new LED bulb on the flasher was too much and very distracting. I used to literally avoid the shot sometimes.

In the end I realized that I liked the color casting throw of the light but I did not want to see the bulb's ultra bright light source. So with the flasher option you enhance the flasher and increase the throw/effect without the pinpoint led beaming into your eyes.

Also you can always enable or disable the flasher anytime you want. But I have a feeling that you may end up preferring the flasher feature because it really is super cool!! However it's up to everybody's preferences. The way I look at it it's better to have more options at your disposal and if you choose to use less you always can which is why I recommend including the flasher option you as you can't add it later after it's built.

I hope this is helpful and shines some light on the subject.

#652 6 years ago

Another thing you can do also is you don't have to hook the flashers option up to a flasher on the machine. I designed it so that you can connected to anything that is in the range of 4v - 16v which means that you can trigger pretty much off of anything in that range. A good example would be in Wizard of Oz you can use the witches spotlight and trigger from that and it'll cast an eerie glow when she comes up versus flashing (this is what littlecammi is suggesting) Same with Ghostbusters you can hook up to the Slimer trigger and it does the same thing. I had mine hooked up to that for a while too.

That's just another tip or you could even have an inlay light or GI bulb to turn them on. There's a lot of room for creativity and because it's all up to each of your preferences.

#653 6 years ago

I have to say that the level of thought involved and ability to customize this mod is very impressive. Even more impressive is watching it's continued evolution based on customer feedback and new ideas especially so quickly after launch. Nicely done.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I have to say that the level of thought involved and ability to customize this mod is very impressive. Even more impressive is watching it's continued evolution based on customer feedback and new ideas especially so quickly after launch. Nicely done.

Thank you for the positive feedback from you and from everyone and their ideas. The vision and goal with Pin Stadium is to continually improve it, making it so that it works like this on everyone's kit from pre-order to current so that nobody's kit is outdated and there is no need to wait to get it.

Later as things progress there will be add-on options for your current kit and their will be feature updates to the app also. There are some ideas already cooking and it's going to work with all that kits that have shipped and are going to ship! Just wanted to clarify this.

#655 6 years ago

Regarding the flasher option discussion, here is a video that shows the Flash ability and Glow comparison that you have flexibility to choose depending on what you choose as your tigger on the machine. This is the WOZ example for the witch with the UV+Glow.

She has a white LED spotlight that comes on when she is triggered and rises up(Glow in this video) and she also has a red flasher LED that comes on when she goes up and down (flash in this video). The flasher color looks different in this video because a different camera was used (compliments of customer @bobukcat) , it still has the deep purple UV effect color as the glow but it flashes instead.

The good news is that you can choose which one you prefer.

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes we will be running a show special and announce it at the Expo

It would be nice if would consider extending the offer to other pinsiders as well for the duration of the expo via your website

#657 6 years ago

Can the flasher option be triggered by connecting to a switch instead? I was thinking it might be cool to connect it to a spinner.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can the flasher option be triggered by connecting to a switch instead? I was thinking it might be cool to connect it to a spinner.

No, because of the switch matrix it would take some kind of a secondary dedicated switch or some circuitry to isolate it from the matrix. I had the same thought and have been kicking around some ideas in my head on what it would take to make it work.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Even if you could, make sure and take seizure meds beforehand. Haha

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

bobukcat and chuckwurt are correct as the machine is constantly pulsing the switch matrix, but in many cases the switch triggers a flasher or insert bulb so you can simply trigger from that.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

bobukcat and chuckwurt are correct as the machine is constantly pulsing the switch matrix, but in many cases the switch triggers a flasher or insert bulb so you can simply trigger from that.

I was thinking for some 80s Bally games. They don't have flashers and I'd have to see if any of the ones I'm thinking have associated lights (but I don't think so).

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I was thinking for some 80s Bally games. They don't have flashers and I'd have to see if any of the ones I'm thinking have associated lights (but I don't think so).

Some older games do not have flashers but you can give them this option with the Pin Stadiums if you can find a bulb that is triggered

#663 6 years ago

Here is some video footage of the The Walking Dead (TWD) Premium with the Pin Stadium pinball LED lighting kit installed and the UV+Glow option along with GI module.

#664 6 years ago

ZMeny and KevInBuffalo

The date and time is now set for this:

--Expo Saturday 10/14 11am Pin Stadium Booth--

Pin Stadium Expo launch and you all are invited to compete too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-chicago-expo-2017-launch-2017

This will take place at our booth at Chicago Expo 2017 next week.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

We will have Buffalo Pinball (Nick and Kevin/crew) http://www.buffalopinball.com/ versus SDTM (Zach and Greg) https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/ in a live web stream showdown!

Things are already getting HEATED up for this and you can be part of it as it's open to the public to come in and play against them.

Free "On Tap" are going to be 5 Pin Stadium machines loaded with all the features too (UV+Glow and GI Module):

AFM
MMR
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium

Buffalo Pinball and SDTM showdown is on Saturday 10/14 at 11am, see you there!

This event will be at the our Pin Stadium booth at the show in the vendors area. A lot of smack talking is about to go down between these guys (all good fun of course). Who knows what will happen with these colorful characters though. Sort of like Marvel VS Capcom so watch out!!!!

brobattle_final (resized).pngbrobattle_final (resized).png

#665 6 years ago

Excellent, just got my shipping notice. Soon Baywatch will be nice and bright and I'm also testing the new code for it, just exciting times for Baywatch. Now I'll just need to wait for it to be finished getting the DMD colored.

#666 6 years ago

will you have light kits in stock to sell at the show?

#667 6 years ago

I just got my shipping notice as well. Are there now instructions included? Any suggestions where to connect on my TAF?

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just got my shipping notice.

Quoted from Vdrums:

I just got my shipping notice as well.

Darn! I would love to get my shipping notice. Hasn't happened yet, though.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

will you have light kits in stock to sell at the show?

The goal is to try to have some for the show but with the amount of orders coming in it will be hard to say. Production is cranking and it's paced really well now.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I just got my shipping notice as well. Are there now instructions included? Any suggestions where to connect on my TAF?

In the email with the shipping link is at the bottom and also in the FAQs section of the site. As far as connecting the GI just connect to the closest one near the bottom middle of the cabinet. For the flasher, that is going to be up to your preference. I would choose one of the ramp flashers as the graveyard I found flashes too often for my taste.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Darn! I would love to get my shipping notice. Hasn't happened yet, though.

Pm just sent!

#672 6 years ago

You guys are getting me too excited to get mine!

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

You guys are getting me too excited to get mine!

Yes and thank you for your order, your RZ is going to really love the new lighting and effects. It did wonders on mine as I think it was one of the darker games I ever owned. Charlie saw the before and afters and loved it

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes and thank you for your order, your RZ is going to really love the new lighting and effects. It did wonders on mine as I think it was one of the darker games I ever owned. Charlie saw the befor and afters and loved it

HEY, less typing and more fabricating! LOL We want your toys and my Batman 66 needs Something to make it more exciting since gameplay is not there. Just joking on this, appreciate the updates.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

HEY, less typing and more fabricating! LOL We want your toys and my Batman 66 needs Something to make it more exciting since gameplay is not there. Just joking on this, appreciate the updates.

Tons of fabricating and production going on here so no worries. The sky is glowing above the Pin Stadium factory through all hours of the day and night! Love the excitement !! BM66 has been popular too for the kits. It needs them for sure along with all the other new and old pins. I hope you can make it to Expo to come see them in person at our booth.

Also not sure if you saw this but Buffalo Pinball will be streaming from our booth on Saturday starting at 11am as they battle it out with the SDTM guys. It should be a lot of fun and even better anyone can join in too!

#676 6 years ago

Would you recommend the UV+Glow choice over the other options for Batman 66?

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes the UV+Glow is the way to go on BM66. The playfield coincides perfectly with it.

#678 6 years ago

Mt kit is arriving this week but I had a question. How easy is it to remove the adhesive without damage to the inside cabinet paint and what proceedure is suggested? Hair dryer to heat it up?

Also how can we buy more adhesive (magnetic?) strip to install in a different pin.

I'm excited to see my TAF come alive with better lighting.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My kit has the UV option. Once I get it setup I'll try to take some pics to show how it looks. Unfortunately it will be arriving while I'm at expo so it won't be until after that.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Mt kit is arriving this week but I had a question. How easy is it to remove the adhesive without damage to the inside cabinet paint and what proceedure is suggested? Hair dryer to heat it up?
Also how can we buy more adhesive (magnetic?) strip to install in a different pin.
I'm excited to see my TAF come alive with better lighting.

I have done it several times personally to test it and have removed the Magna mount without just a little heat and you should be fine. Also you can order extra from the accessories section of the website.

#681 6 years ago

The games on tap in our booth are being packed and ready to head to Expo on Wednesday:

AFM
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium
MMR

Also in the game room area there will be a MB, MM, and more with the Pin Stadiums on them for you to come and see!

packed_pinball_machines_exp (resized).pngpacked_pinball_machines_exp (resized).png

#682 6 years ago

Finally got a couple of these installed after much anticipation, hype and buildup and I'll say they exceeded any expectations I had. What a great product! Phone app and Wifi connectivity are polished, quick & easy installation and the difference in ball visibility is extreme. Extreme (worthy of a second).

I wasn't aware of all that I had been missing the last few(+) years playing with my old man vision. Videos are a good example of the lighting difference but seeing in person is another level. We were seriously considering trading TWD even though the theme is perfect. Pin Stadiums make TWD a completely different game for the better - probably twice as many games played since install than since we got the game almost 3 years ago. BTW - connected UV+GLOW to well walker flasher and it's perfect.

Scott you hit this one out of the park! Will be on most of my machines from now onward.

#683 6 years ago

Got my kit a few minutes ago. Timing was perfect because I have my Baywatch playfield pulled out right now because I just finished adjusting two pop bumper bulbs that were out. I am also going to disconnect four white LED strips that I have behind the guard tower that shine down on the ramps to light up the back left corner and one that's in the right corner.

If Pinstadium does the job that those LED strips did, then I can remove them and re-use for two other projects. That'll knock $20 off my next order from Comet.

#684 6 years ago

Just reviewing the instructions on the website and there are lots of spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, sentences missing a word or two, and other typos.

I feel compelled to email a new set of instructions with all the corrections.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I feel compelled to email a new set of instructions with all the corrections.

Do it. Scott would appreciate the help I'm sure.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do it. Scott would appreciate the help I'm sure.

Oh I will for sure. Doing the install now while on a telecon for work.

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh I will for sure. Doing the install now while on a telecon for work.

Edit: I loaded the instructions into Word and I'm editing and revising the instructions as I go through each step. I took two photos to show the CN2 connector to use when installed on Sega games. Might as well add those pics to the instructions.

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Edit: I loaded the instructions into Word and I'm editing and revising the instructions as I go through each step. I took two photos to show the CN2 connector to use when installed on Sega games. Might as well add those pics to the instructions.

Hey thank you so much. I have been so busy building them that I did not yet get to correct any grammar or spelling errors. My apologies and as soon as you mentioned this I went on there and updated it too. I would very much appreciate you sending me anything you have that you might feel helpful with the installation instructions so that I can post that up too. Thanks PoMC !!! Also if you have time please post up your impressions and some pics of them off and on too so that others can see the results.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hey thank you so much. I have been so busy building them that I did not yet get to correct any grammar or spelling errors. My apologies and as soon as you mentioned this I went on there and updated it too. I would very much appreciate you sending me anything you have that you might feel helpful with the installation instructions so that I can post that up too. Thanks pomc !!! Also if you have time please post up your impressions and some pics of them off and on too so that others can see the results.

You'll have a Word doc of my edited instructions very soon. i'm finished with the install now and about to download the app. Very easy and straightforward installation. I had plenty of cable slack to reach a GI socket and the flasher I chose to try out first.

#690 6 years ago

Scott, received my kit today for RZLE. Didn't see any instructions with the kit. Anything special for Spooky. Also, any suggestions for the flasher hook-up? Thanks!

#691 6 years ago

Just got my shipping email today. Looking forward to a brighter LOTR in just three days. In your demo video I see you hooked the flasher up to Balrog. I have the backbox eye flasher mod that goes on and off with the spinner on my LOTR. I was thinking of hooking to that flasher. Do you think the strobing effect would be too much?

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

Do you think the strobing effect would be too much?

Yes. You'll get sick. Haha. Test it out to be sure, but yeah. Also if the spinner flasher is fast enough, the pinstadium flasher won't be able to keep up and it will just stay on if that makes sense.

At least that's what happened when I hooked it up to my GOT flasher bulb.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. You'll get sick. Haha.

For REAL! I'm still waiting for my videos to upload on Youtube and I'll post when they finish. AMAZING that I can see the entire playfield lit up nice and bright without any "dead" areas, like the middle of the playfield. That's where most of the artwork is and now I can see it!

But holy shit - choose your flasher carefully. Sega's (I'm using Baywatch) are friggin' flasher crazy by default. I connected the UV flasher to one under the left ramp - thinking it was a lesser used flasher and would lite up during MB ready, etc. God damn thing was flashing constantly because that's what Sega's do. I moved the flasher connection to the Shark flipper flash and MUCH better.

Blue light makes my head hurt.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

For REAL! I'm still waiting for my videos to upload on Youtube and I'll post when they finish. AMAZING that I can see the entire playfield lit up nice and bright without any "dead" areas, like the middle of the playfield. That's where most of the artwork is and now I can see it!
But holy shit - choose your flasher carefully. Sega's (I'm using Baywatch) are friggin' flasher crazy by default. I connected the UV flasher to one under the left ramp - thinking it was a lesser used flasher and would lite up during MB ready, etc. God damn thing was flashing constantly because that's what Sega's do. I moved the flasher connection to the Shark flipper flash and MUCH better.
Blue light makes my head hurt.

Yeah man. When I was trying to find the right flasher on GOT, the first 5-6 I tried were way too active. I had to walk away from the game for the night and try again the next day. Haha

FYI. GOT's flasher that you want is the right backboard flasher.

#695 6 years ago

Anyone have suggestions for getting the pinstadium app running. I keep getting a message no devices found and cannot install the app. I know i'm doing something wrong but this is new to me. Thanks.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Anyone have suggestions for getting the pinstadium app running. I keep getting a message no devices found and cannot install the app. I know i'm doing something wrong but this is new to me. Thanks.

iOS or what? I downloaded and brought up the app no problem on my phone.

First thing you need to do is with you pinstadium installed and game on, bring up your wifi options on your phone. Your lights should put off a wifi signal starting with LEDxxxxxxx. Connect to that.

Then when in the app it should walk you through linking the lights up with your home wifi network.

Good luck.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Delete the app if it's installed. Install again and be sure to allow location permission. Make sure your wifi network is 2.4ghz. I have two wifi networks and first chose my 5ghz network which will not work. Reset the Pin Stadium to factory by unplugging the power connector from the controller board quickly 3 times. Or turn your game off/on several times to reset. I did that method when I needed to reset everything to choose my correct wifi network.

#698 6 years ago

Ok, thanks for the info.

#699 6 years ago

Got the kit myself late last week and have been playing with the lights every night.....pretty sweet the customization you can get into with it. Here is a before and 3 after.....1st pic is more yellows....2nd is more reds and 3rd is more blues. My fav is the last pic comparing my Airborne that’s right next to my BR....man that pin is dark! It’s weird because I can’t even play that way now....the PF all lit up and artwork visible is absolutely the way to go!!! Love these pinstadium lights!

Edit: This BR currently has all incandescent lights as well.

0B34E42C-6D75-4100-B317-3222CF380F07 (resized).jpeg0B34E42C-6D75-4100-B317-3222CF380F07 (resized).jpeg
9EF9CD20-A93F-432E-A2A7-471A6E46DF51 (resized).jpeg9EF9CD20-A93F-432E-A2A7-471A6E46DF51 (resized).jpeg
88A0205B-B9D4-4DBD-8175-C00B46F0967C (resized).jpeg88A0205B-B9D4-4DBD-8175-C00B46F0967C (resized).jpeg
AAD576F8-9C4E-43D7-8EC4-CE55850BD115 (resized).jpegAAD576F8-9C4E-43D7-8EC4-CE55850BD115 (resized).jpeg

B51B75A2-2A8F-44FD-A1D6-E0245F4F477E (resized).jpegB51B75A2-2A8F-44FD-A1D6-E0245F4F477E (resized).jpeg

#700 6 years ago

what is that option in the purple pick b/c I want to stay away from that. The first pic (updated) looks great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
£ 38.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Reston, VA
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.