(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 165.
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Due to the wide range of pinball machines that the Pin Stadium products work on (which is EVERY pinball machine), I will work to get up some more suggested install locations for the flashers for these machines for the Neo Fusions. If you just have the Neo Pin Stadiums then I will recommend which one to trigger the UV+Glow from also(all kits have this).
Next up for the Pin Stadium pinball mods is Stern The Walking Dead Pro/Premium/LE!!!
Neo Fusion: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo_fusion_pinball_mods/
Neo Pin Stadium: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo_pinstadium_pinball_mods/
I will be posting this up shortly for you all
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com
[quoted image]

Here are the recommended locations to connect the Neo Fusions pinball mods on Stern The Walking Dead pinball. Super awesome and massive game changer!!
the_walking_dead_pinball_mods (resized).pngthe_walking_dead_pinball_mods (resized).png

#6652 3 years ago

Hover set, Non magnetic mounting system, NEW - $40

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108170

#6653 3 years ago

For those looking to hook up some NEO Fusions to a JP machine, this is what I found worked best after some experimenting:

1. UV/Glow Hooked up to Shaker Motor
2. 171 Spinner Flasher (Set it to Orange/Yellow)
3. 160 Escape Flasher (Set to Red to go with the Escape inserts)
4. 163 Raptor Pit Flasher (Set to Green - for now but may play with the colour)
5. 161 Raptor Pit Enter Flashers (The two lightning bolt flashers...took a while to find the right connections to tap into but figured it out after some trial and error. Set it to Blue)

I originally tapped into the left half pipe spotlight flasher but it was on solidly so much to light the t-rex during gameplay that it took away from the Orion Belt working/flashing dynamically.

Anyway, thought this may help someone else looking to hook up a JP.

#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

For those looking to hook up some NEO Fusions to a JP machine, this is what I found worked best after some experimenting:
1. UV/Glow Hooked up to Shaker Motor
2. 171 Spinner Flasher (Set it to Orange/Yellow)
3. 160 Escape Flasher (Set to Red to go with the Escape inserts)
4. 163 Raptor Pit Flasher (Set to Green - for now but may play with the colour)
5. 161 Raptor Pit Enter Flashers (The two lightning bolt flashers...took a while to find the right connections to tap into but figured it out after some trial and error. Set it to Blue)
I originally tapped into the left half pipe spotlight flasher but it was on solidly so much to light the t-rex during gameplay that it took away from the Orion Belt working/flashing dynamically.
Anyway, thought this may help someone else looking to hook up a JP.

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to detail this and posting. This is going to be super useful information for those installing the Neo Fusion pinball mods on Stern Jurassic Park. I will definitely be referencing this to others that are installing this on their machine.

Thanks again!!

562F454D-AEEA-41D1-88D4-7244996027A4 (resized).png562F454D-AEEA-41D1-88D4-7244996027A4 (resized).png
#6655 3 years ago

My Pinstadium Fusions are warming up my Art Blades and causing them to peel down. I think I installed the Pinstadiums to close to the top or glass. This leads me to 2 questions:
Is there a way to safely remove the magnetic strips from my art blades, so I can move the strip lower and not have peeling?
Also, if I’m selling a game, but want to keep my Pinstadiums, should I leave the magnet strip in the game and buy a new one? If I try to remove it, will it take the cabinet paint off?

#6656 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

My Pinstadium Fusions are warming up my Art Blades and causing them to peel down. I think I installed the Pinstadiums to close to the top or glass. This leads me to 2 questions:
Is there a way to safely remove the magnetic strips from my art blades, so I can move the strip lower and not have peeling?
Also, if I’m selling a game, but want to keep my Pinstadiums, should I leave the magnet strip in the game and buy a new one? If I try to remove it, will it take the cabinet paint off?

Sounds like the artblades adhesion is the issue. They may have not been applied firmly or the adhesion did not fully cure.

Either way the easiest thing to do is to pick up this thing clear double sided adhesive tape “Frost King” and put it at the top of the side art between the cabinet and the art. Here is the link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-0-625-in-x-54-ft-Window-Tape-V5854/308889360?g_store=3832&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D25H-G-D25H-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-GiftCenter&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D25H-G-D25H-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-GiftCenter-71700000075074702-58700006462421696-92700058414792291&gclid=CjwKCAiAouD_BRBIEiwALhJH6FrBkQmV6zCFJEsJw05He4xDzyuOuq9gbixf1ZgzO1F-z_A_pGJvGRoClcAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mount it firmly on the cabinet side first and just to be safe keep the light bar off and let it cure for 24-48 hours. It shouldn’t budge after that. This way you can leave everything in tact and it will be an easy fix for you.

I also use it when installing mirror blades to take the slack/gap out (flushes them to the cabinet 100%) so that the mirrors don’t scrape and it gives you tons of room. You would be surprised how much removing that gap does.

#6657 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Sounds like the artblades adhesion is the issue. They may have not been applied firmly or the adhesion did not fully cure.
Either way the easiest thing to do is to pick up this thing clear double sided adhesive tape “Frost King” and put it at the top of the side art between the cabinet and the art. Here is the link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-0-625-in-x-54-ft-Window-Tape-V5854/308889360?g_store=3832&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D25H-G-D25H-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-GiftCenter&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D25H-G-D25H-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-GiftCenter-71700000075074702-58700006462421696-92700058414792291&gclid=CjwKCAiAouD_BRBIEiwALhJH6FrBkQmV6zCFJEsJw05He4xDzyuOuq9gbixf1ZgzO1F-z_A_pGJvGRoClcAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Mount it firmly on the cabinet side first and just to be safe keep the light bar off and let it cure for 24-48 hours. It shouldn’t budge after that. This way you can leave everything in tact and it will be an easy fix for you.
I also use it when installing mirror blades to take the slack/gap out (flushes them to the cabinet 100%) so that the mirrors don’t scrape and it gives you tons of room. You would be surprised how much removing that gap does.

So just to be clear, are you saying the sandwich order is cabinet/side art/window tape/pinstadium magnet strips? And if we follow that order we should be able to remove the magnet strips if we are selling the game?

Thanks!

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Disclaimer: I don't work for 3m.
I'll add to the magnetic strips portion. Whenever you remove or adjust adhesive it's compromised to some extent. If I'm keeping them I'm buying a new strip. As to the removal. A hair dryer on low heat and slow and smooth will easily release them from your blade or cabinet. The heat will allow the adhesive to stick to the mount and not the cabinet in most cases. You may have a tiny bit of cleanup. If your game is older and the cabinet is painted or weathered pretty good there is a chance a little paint is gonna come off in the removal process. There is little you can do to stop that short of freezing the adhesive. Like I said some warmish heat and slow is the trick for most applications.
The heat will also preserve the adhesive somewhat if you do in fact feel you need to move them down. But that's a chance i'm not taking.
I'm getting a new strip or i'm reapplying adhesive to the mount somehow.

Also, not to pile on but when I first read your post the first thing that came to my mind was the art blades were the culprit by either not being prepped correctly prior to installation or something interfering with the initial adhesion install with regard to the art blade itself(moisture with some sort of oily substance, grease, temp, dirt). I'm not saying it's anyone's fault but I am saying that's most likely the issue in my experience. Without seeing the actual pattern of what is peeling that's all I can offer. But in my mind if the magnets on the back of the pinstadiums aren't falling off at the same time there shouldn't be enough heat produced to peel the art blades from your cabinet. I'm not there so I can only shoot from the hip here with my personal experiences with Navy life, building cars back in the day, working at a body shop for a bit, etc... Prep is always key.

I've installed more than 1 set of art blades and I have 4 sets of pinstadiums as well. So there is some first hand experience I'm throwing in.

I hope you get it sorted. It's never any fun chasing an issue.

r/
Mike

#6659 3 years ago

Thank you for the information guys. My game is pretty new, so I don't think it's that dirty. However, one thing I didn't think about was currying time for the art blades. I installed the art blades and then installed the Pinstadiums an hour later. This might be the reason one side of my art blades are peeling down. I will try the 2 sided tape.
I thought that I mounted the Pinstadium Fusions to high or they were producing to much heat and melting the glue off the art blades. I didn't realize there was currying time for the are blades.

#6660 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thank you for the information guys. My game is pretty new, so I don't think it's that dirty. However, one thing I didn't think about was currying time for the art blades. I installed the art blades and then installed the Pinstadiums an hour later. This might be the reason one side of my art blades are peeling down. I will try the 2 sided tape.
I thought that I mounted the Pinstadium Fusions to high or they were producing to much heat and melting the glue off the art blades. I didn't realize there was currying time for the are blades.

Question. Are your art blades the vinyl or the metal like mirror blade type. If normal vinyl I would not suggest any thick 2 sided tape if you're looking to add some adhesive to the top of your art blades between cabinet and the vinyl. I would be adding very thin 2 sided tape. I use this pictured below. I think the tape Scott suggested would be better suited for mirror blades because they are less flexible than vinyl is. Thicker tape would provide a more secure mount when installing less flexible material such as metal art blades. Vinyl is very pliable and thinner, high quality, 2 sided tape is sufficient in my opinion.
Scott can clarify and correct me if I'm way off here.
As for installing it and adding the tape itself. I'd be carefully cleaning the portion of the cabinet I want it to stick to and carefully putting the tape where I want it on the cabinet side first and then when I'm ready peeling the show side protective cover off tape and sticking the vinyl to the tape.
The only caveat to this is if your art blade has noticeable debri on the sticky side and or visible dirt then I might be tempted to go with the thicker tape to fill the valleys created by said dirt or debri. Highly unlikely this is the case but I'm trying to cover every base here.
Screenshot_20210108-184354 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210108-184354 (resized).jpg

#6661 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

So just to be clear, are you saying the sandwich order is cabinet/side art/window tape/pinstadium magnet strips? And if we follow that order we should be able to remove the magnet strips if we are selling the game?
Thanks!

I was saying that the ultra thin double sided frost king tape would go between the cabinet and side art as he still has the Pin Stadium mounts on it. However if it is a fresh install of side art then it (which is what it sounds like) sounds like the art blades didn’t have time to cure.

So if this was just installed it’s possible that using a little heat from a hair dryer could be used to reactivate the side art adhesion(press it firmly back on). Then let them sit for 24-48 hours before installing the light bar. If for some reason that does not work then the frost king tape should do the trick for this situation.

Either way the Magna Mounts can easily be removed if you go to sell or trade the game. Easy!!

#6662 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here are the recommended locations to connect the Neo Fusions pinball mods on Stern The Walking Dead pinball. Super awesome and massive game changer!!
[quoted image]

Tons of requests for before and after pics of the Neos on Stern Walking Dead pinball. Pics are worth a thousand words.

Note: Settings in Pin Stadium app for this pic are 100% Red and 30% white

3C108B35-60EF-42B9-B1BD-80F0E718F12A (resized).jpeg3C108B35-60EF-42B9-B1BD-80F0E718F12A (resized).jpeg5B20C784-018A-4C48-BC06-490F17D0D84C (resized).jpeg5B20C784-018A-4C48-BC06-490F17D0D84C (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Question. Are your art blades the vinyl or the metal like mirror blade type. If normal vinyl I would not suggest any thick 2 sided tape if you're looking to add some adhesive to the top of your art blades between cabinet and the vinyl. I would be adding very thin 2 sided tape. I use this pictured below. I think the tape Scott suggested would be better suited for mirror blades because they are less flexible than vinyl is. Thicker tape would provide a more secure mount when installing less flexible material such as metal art blades. Vinyl is very pliable and thinner, high quality, 2 sided tape is sufficient in my opinion.
Scott can clarify and correct me if I'm way off here.
As for installing it and adding the tape itself. I'd be carefully cleaning the portion of the cabinet I want it to stick to and carefully putting the tape where I want it on the cabinet side first and then when I'm ready peeling the show side protective cover off tape and sticking the vinyl to the tape.
The only caveat to this is if your art blade has noticeable debri on the sticky side and or visible dirt then I might be tempted to go with the thicker tape to fill the valleys created by said dirt or debri. Highly unlikely this is the case but I'm trying to cover every base here.
[quoted image]

Thank you, they are vinyl.

#6664 3 years ago

There are many installing Pin Stadium pinball mods on Stern Munsters and I have put together suggested locations for the GI and Flasher(UV+Glow) connections. The flasher is the Dragway flasher on this machine.

Product links:

Pin Stadium: https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights-2/

Neo Pin Stadium: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo_pinstadium_pinball_mods/

Neo Fusion: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo_fusion_pinball_mods/

Phenomenal Before and After pics to say the least

91EF4BC8-2C31-4A73-9DB8-91EAA1408280 (resized).jpeg91EF4BC8-2C31-4A73-9DB8-91EAA1408280 (resized).jpegBB60076F-DEF2-481A-BB42-F76F72D9963F (resized).jpegBB60076F-DEF2-481A-BB42-F76F72D9963F (resized).jpegE8A6410F-53DF-45E8-811C-BA13E409135B (resized).jpegE8A6410F-53DF-45E8-811C-BA13E409135B (resized).jpeg

#6665 3 years ago

Hey Scott, is there any other method to reset Pinstadiums that aren't resetting with the "unplug/replug 5 times" method? I got a used Star Wars this week with Pinstadiums already on them, there's no GI coming through the Pinstadiums even though it's hooked up properly underneath, just the UV Glow/Flasher works. Which I assume was the previous owner's setting (0% GI), and I want to change that but several attempts at the unplug/replug method isn't making them show up in the app.

I also hooked up Omegas to my Jurassic Park and Deadpool tonight. The Wolverine flasher insert is a brilliant choice for UV for Deadpool. On JP I used the flasher below the copter, which is a bit excessive, but I don't mind.

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hey Scott, is there any other method to reset Pinstadiums that aren't resetting with the "unplug/replug 5 times" method? I got a used Star Wars this week with Pinstadiums already on them, there's no GI coming through the Pinstadiums even though it's hooked up properly underneath, just the UV Glow/Flasher works. Which I assume was the previous owner's setting (0% GI), and I want to change that but several attempts at the unplug/replug method isn't making them show up in the app.
I also hooked up Omegas to my Jurassic Park and Deadpool tonight. The Wolverine flasher insert is a brilliant choice for UV for Deadpool. On JP I used the flasher below the copter, which is a bit excessive, but I don't mind.

Are you unplugging them using the cable that goes into the service port or are you pulling the power in and out from the power connector that goes into the GI module?

The reason I ask is that the most reliable method is the GI module side. You can keep doing it until you see them cycle colors and the “LEDNet****” network pops up. As long as you get 4 good power off and on pulls that should do it. Feel free to email me and I can respond even quicker. Now worries we will be figure it out with this set you received from previous owner.

[email protected]

Very happy to hear that you are pleased with the results and UV+Glow trigger on those two other machines.

#6667 3 years ago

Loving the neos on my Williams Slugfest! Found 33% brightness with warm white works best for me. Havnt messed with the uv flasher on it yet.

20210110_182749 (resized).jpg20210110_182749 (resized).jpg20210110_182806 (resized).jpg20210110_182806 (resized).jpg20210110_182828 (resized).jpg20210110_182828 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210110-182858_Pin Stadium (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210110-182858_Pin Stadium (resized).jpg

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Loving the neos on my Williams Slugfest! Found 33% brightness with warm white works best for me. Havnt messed with the uv flasher on it yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!!! Slugfest with Neos..... Looking really good! I noticed that you have not done the “Change Device” in the app. This will give you independent control of the RGB (colors) and Warm White. This will give you maximum proper control.

The Neos have a New WiFi chip in them with a new "White" menu that must be unlocked. So after you get everything installed you will need to do these simple steps:

---
1. Perform a "Long Press" with your finger by touching and holding down on the Pinball Machine Name(Device) until a menu pops up
2. Select "Change Device Type"
3. Move selection from "RGB/W" to "RGB&W"

I hope this helps!

3E2EA7C3-223A-4D16-AA75-E2DB2EA0A080 (resized).png3E2EA7C3-223A-4D16-AA75-E2DB2EA0A080 (resized).png
#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

That looks great!

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Sweet!!! Slugfest with Neos..... Looking really good! I noticed that you have not done the “Change Device” in the app. This will give you independent control of the RGB (colors) and Warm White. This will give you maximum proper control.

The Neos have a New WiFi chip in them with a new "White" menu that must be unlocked. So after you get everything installed you will need to do these simple steps:
---
1. Perform a "Long Press" with your finger by touching and holding down on the Pinball Machine Name(Device) until a menu pops up
2. Select "Change Device Type"
3. Move selection from "RGB/W" to "RGB&W"

I hope this helps![quoted image]

Thank you! I will play with that some when I get home!
Any thoughts on the uv flasher?

#6671 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thank you! I will play with that some when I get home!
Any thoughts on the uv flasher?

For Williams Slugfest I would try the Homerun flashers in the backbox homerun area. That may be cool or possibly intense

The other more mellow alternative would be to trigger it off of the last inlay bulb just before the home plate. So each time a player scores the UV+Glow on the Neo Pin Stadiums fires!!

Let us all know which you decide to land on.

1136D8C5-A06D-404C-A9FF-AE796EFF4627 (resized).jpeg1136D8C5-A06D-404C-A9FF-AE796EFF4627 (resized).jpegA0450CBA-C6B6-4172-A7C4-8E403705CA32 (resized).jpegA0450CBA-C6B6-4172-A7C4-8E403705CA32 (resized).jpeg

#6672 3 years ago

Here's my maiden pro, I had previously added green in the drain and frost blue I think its called up top. I love how you can fine tune the settings with pin stadiums! No reflection on the playfield like the ones you see by the 4th flipper. Scott, what about pin stadiums...ultra? Where its 360? Drain, sides, back? Each individually controlled with color? For you people on the fence, it really is a game changer, everyone loves the new lights! Honestly a very great upgrade for the cost! Plus very easy install, I'm a total noob and not very handy...I did it in 20 minutes. Thanks Scott! Oh Scott, btw is on it! Buy with confidence.

20210111_153856 (resized).jpg20210111_153856 (resized).jpgResized_20210109_104852 (resized).jpegResized_20210109_104852 (resized).jpegResized_20210109_104928 (resized).jpegResized_20210109_104928 (resized).jpegResized_20210109_104956 (resized).jpegResized_20210109_104956 (resized).jpeg
#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from Redghost:

Here's my maiden pro, I had previously added green in the drain and frost blue I think its called up top. I love how you can fine tune the settings with pin stadiums! No reflection on the playfield like the ones you see by the 4th flipper. Scott, what about pin stadiums...ultra? Where its 360? Drain, sides, back? Each individually controlled with color? For you people on the fence, it really is a game changer, everyone loves the new lights! Honestly a very great upgrade for the cost! Plus very easy install, I'm a total noob and not very handy...I did it in 20 minutes. Thanks Scott! Oh Scott, btw is on it! Buy with confidence.

Thank you for your order first off and also thanks for the positive feedback. I’m am pumped to know that you are satisfied with the results.

Your Iron Maiden is now like a new machine all over again!! Fear of Dark mode takes on an entirely new meaning when you trigger the UV+Glow flasher from the Pharoah. Something that takes the jackpots to new levels. Enjoy your machine!

For those of you installing the Neo Pin Stadium pinball mods on Stern Iron Maiden Pro/Premium/LE models. Here are the suggested locations to connect and trigger from.

0064FC7F-E52A-4E1B-8E0D-BE4DD0C64C9D (resized).jpeg0064FC7F-E52A-4E1B-8E0D-BE4DD0C64C9D (resized).jpeg
#6674 3 years ago

The Neo Pin Stadium pinball mods installed on Stern Tron pinball (Pro/LE). Huge Before and After results that you can expect. Can you say Tron 2.0?

Note: The app settings are 100% Blue and 0% White and it's amazingly perfect!!!!

stern_tron_pinball_mods_after (resized).pngstern_tron_pinball_mods_after (resized).pngstern_tron_pinball_mods_before (resized).pngstern_tron_pinball_mods_before (resized).png

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The Neo Pin Stadium pinball mods installed on Stern Tron pinball (Pro/LE). Huge Before and After results that you can expect. Can you say Tron 2.0?
Note: The app settings are 100% Blue and 0% White and it's amazingly perfect!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Also the recommend UV+Glow flasher trigger location is on the kickout here. I played around with a few locations other than the originally suggested bank targets flasher that fires when you hit them(which is cool too).

However I feel this one pulses much better and has higher impact on the playing experience. Red arrow indicates the newly updated flasher trigger location I am referring to. Enjoy!

E0344307-9B99-4324-A15A-8BACF5BB8CB5 (resized).jpegE0344307-9B99-4324-A15A-8BACF5BB8CB5 (resized).jpeg
#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you for your order first off and also thanks for the positive feedback. I’m am pumped to know that you are satisfied with the results.
Your Iron Maiden is now like a new machine all over again!! Fear of Dark mode takes on an entirely new meaning when you trigger the UV+Glow flasher from the Pharoah. Something that takes the jackpots to new levels. Enjoy your machine!
For those of you installing the Neo Pin Stadium pinball mods on Stern Iron Maiden Pro/Premium/LE models. Here are the suggested locations to connect and trigger from.
[quoted image]

I changed it to the Pharoah! You're right, its pretty freaking awesome! Thanks Scott!

#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from Redghost:

I changed it to the Pharoah! You're right, its pretty freaking awesome! Thanks Scott!

Sweet!! Nice move on taking the advice on that location. As its the best place in my opinion. Glad you love it!!

I find myself just trying to start Fear of Dark mode so that I can see it in action, thus tossing all rules to the side for the moment.

Other modes are killer too, but Fear of Dark is the ultimate now with the UV+Glow!! Make the jackpot shot ultra rewarding.

#6678 3 years ago

This post is to help those that need clarification of the difference between the Pin Stadiums and the Neo Pin Stadiums: https://pinstadium.com/product/neo_pinstadium_pinball_mods/

If you have any specific questions let me know as you can pm me here or email from the website also.

--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

COMP_Chart_Official_pinball_mods_IG (resized).pngCOMP_Chart_Official_pinball_mods_IG (resized).pngneo_logo_idea02_w_blur (resized).pngneo_logo_idea02_w_blur (resized).png
#6679 3 years ago

Installed Omegas on Rick & Morty and Hot Wheels tonight. R&M was tricky, the wiretaps just wouldn't make good connections into the shaker motor connectors so I decided to use the alligator clips instead and that worked well. Here's a photo to help future R&M installers.

IMG_20210116_185930 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_185930 (resized).jpg

And R&M at 30% white, which is what I've settled on for now:

IMG_20210116_191029 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_191029 (resized).jpg

Here's Hot Wheels:

IMG_20210116_205044 (resized).jpgIMG_20210116_205044 (resized).jpg

I have an odd issue, though. If I set the white under about 80% it flickers, and the lower I set the white in the app, the more noticeable is the flicker to the point where it almost looks like a strobe light. So I have to have these at 80% for now, which is rather bright. Not sure if a simple on/off will fix things, or it's because the recommended GI tie in is in the backboard LEDs, and maybe their power pulses really quickly rather than a steady on? Or maybe my connection is a little loose, or who knows. Might be nothing, just bringing this up if Scott has heard of this strange "dimmer = more flicker" effect before.

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Installed Omegas on Rick & Morty and Hot Wheels tonight. R&M was tricky, the wiretaps just wouldn't make good connections into the shaker motor connectors so I decided to use the alligator clips instead and that worked well. Here's a photo to help future R&M installers.
[quoted image]
And R&M at 30% white, which is what I've settled on for now:
[quoted image]
Here's Hot Wheels:
[quoted image]
I have an odd issue, though. If I set the white under about 80% it flickers, and the lower I set the white in the app, the more noticeable is the flicker to the point where it almost looks like a strobe light. So I have to have these at 80% for now, which is rather bright. Not sure if a simple on/off will fix things, or it's because the recommended GI tie in is in the backboard LEDs, and maybe their power pulses really quickly rather than a steady on? Or maybe my connection is a little loose, or who knows. Might be nothing, just bringing this up if Scott has heard of this strange "dimmer = more flicker" effect before.

Thanks for posting this up and for the tips. Sometimes the alligator clips can work wonders!!

If you are getting a flicker I would suggest reconnecting your GI to make sure it’s solid. If for any reason that does not resolve it, shoot me an email and I can walk through some diagnostics with you to resolve it.

Your games looks excellent and thanks for the support!!

#6681 3 years ago

I will be posting up here shortly some updates to the Neo Fusions pinball mods install for Stern The Walking Dead. I found some even better trigger points for the Orion's Belt flashers along with color settings. Stay tuned.......

neo_logo_idea02_w_blur (resized).pngneo_logo_idea02_w_blur (resized).png

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I will be posting up here shortly some updates to the Neo Fusions pinball mods install for Stern The Walking Dead. I found some even better trigger points for the Orion's Belt flashers along with color settings. Stay tuned.......

[quoted image]

Okay here are the recommended trigger points for the Neo Fusions on Stern The Walking Dead.

Well Walker #19: UV+Glow
Prison(Top) #26: Diamond White
Left Dome #28: Red
Right Dome #29: Red
Shaker Motor: Green

If you do this on your Walking Dead pinball(Pro/Premium/Limited Edition) you are in for quite the treat!!!

F56CADA8-BE46-472F-92EA-BEF6B53974EB (resized).jpegF56CADA8-BE46-472F-92EA-BEF6B53974EB (resized).jpeg

#6683 3 years ago

Several have asked for pics of the Pin Stadium pinball mods installed on Spooky Pinball Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle (ACNC).

Here is a great before and after and then also the UV+Glow flasher caught in action during a dark mode

E118FE92-739D-42FF-B638-A3C76504DC3A (resized).pngE118FE92-739D-42FF-B638-A3C76504DC3A (resized).pngCCA7DB17-C54E-4381-802D-0822DFA7FC77 (resized).pngCCA7DB17-C54E-4381-802D-0822DFA7FC77 (resized).png981F048C-7EB8-4052-A9AB-C8718058DB26 (resized).jpeg981F048C-7EB8-4052-A9AB-C8718058DB26 (resized).jpeg
#6684 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Several have asked for pics of the Pin Stadium pinball mods installed on Spooky Pinball Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle (ACNC).
Here is a great before and after and then also the UV+Glow flasher caught in action during a dark mode
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For those that just purchase the Pin Stadium pinball mods for ACNC mentioned above, here are the specific easy to do instructions for the Plug & Play install

spooky_acnc_pinball_mods (resized).jpgspooky_acnc_pinball_mods (resized).jpg
#6685 3 years ago

I recently acquired a TZ and modded quite a bit (not the kitchen sink tho..) and did the Pinstadiums last. Had some support questions and Pin Stadium / someone named Scott was instant on reply it was great. Install wasn't as intimidating as i thought it was gonna be too.

So? Wow. From the first time it connects via wi fi - and I'm looking at the multi color light show - i knew it instantly we have a winner here. My landlord (who hasnt played a pin in 20 years) commented initially how dark the game was and even when he saw the lights was like wow thats amazing. Pictures don't do it justice - need to see it in person. Also, i feel like i got exactly what i paid for - its a good value (damn it feels good when you know your werent gypped!)

My only dilemma is haven't decided on the best light combination to use, they all look great (except for green on a TZ - no good).

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballz_:

I recently acquired a TZ and modded quite a bit (not the kitchen sink tho..) and did the Pinstadiums last. Had some support questions and Pin Stadium / someone named Scott was instant on reply it was great. Install wasn't as intimidating as i thought it was gonna be too.
So? Wow. From the first time it connects via wi fi - and I'm looking at the multi color light show - i knew it instantly we have a winner here. My landlord (who hasnt played a pin in 20 years) commented initially how dark the game was and even when he saw the lights was like wow thats amazing. Pictures don't do it justice - need to see it in person. Also, i feel like i got exactly what i paid for - its a good value (damn it feels good when you know your werent gypped!)
My only dilemma is haven't decided on the best light combination to use, they all look great (except for green on a TZ - no good).

Scott is awesome! Not too often the owner is literally in the next room anytime you have an issue. I'm not even kidding! Scott's response time is guinness book worthy.
I have just as much fun playing with the app and adjusting the lights. If you happened to get the NEOS they have another little secret door on the app to unlock. It's explained here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/134#post-6066100

r/
Mike

#6687 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballz_:

Wow thank you and that’s some excellent feedback too!!! Glad I could help and for the TZ settings l suggest a nice deep space Blue at 100% and then dial in the white to your liking starting at 0% and gradually introduce it up to 30% (make sure you unlock the white menu per mikepmcs below)

Somewhere between there is a nice sweet spot depending on your personal taste.

#6688 3 years ago

Any hints on how settings for omega set on the Avengers IQ? I picked up a used one and they came with it. All my other sets have color so trying to figure our the whites.Thanks!

FB_IMG_1611366210895 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1611366210895 (resized).jpg
#6689 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any hints on how settings for omega set on the Avengers IQ? I picked up a used one and they came with it. All my other sets have color so trying to figure our the whites.Thanks!
[quoted image]

I would say run them at 35-50% max and you should be good to go!

#6690 3 years ago

Well it’s official Pin Stadium Neos pinball mods are already getting installed on Stern Led Zeppelin LE. Amazing results and this machine benefits tremendously from it. See for yourself.

UV+Glow triggered from the shake motor is amazing (especially with the colors on this playfield) and yes Stern left room specifically for Pin Stadiums to mount above the side lighting.

Wow!!!

I will share recommended app color settings shortly. If you are wondering if this machine was going to need them, then let this help you to decide.

04348A95-5046-4E2B-9B17-B323B81DFDD3 (resized).jpeg04348A95-5046-4E2B-9B17-B323B81DFDD3 (resized).jpeg912918C2-BC2B-4504-A75B-6BB2D031EA5E (resized).jpeg912918C2-BC2B-4504-A75B-6BB2D031EA5E (resized).jpeg
#6691 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Well it’s official Pin Stadium Neos pinball mods are already getting installed on Stern Led Zeppelin LE. Amazing results and this machine benefits tremendously from it. See for yourself.
UV+Glow triggered from the shake motor is amazing (especially with the colors on this playfield) and yes Stern left room specifically for Pin Stadiums to mount above the side lighting.
Wow!!!
I will share recommended app color settings shortly. If you are wondering if this machine was going to need them, then let this help you to decide. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Killer!

#6692 3 years ago

Thanks!!

The factory side lights are decorative and do not have much of any effect on the playfield. The best way to explain it is they are like an equalizer effect but don’t provide playfield illumination.

On occasions you see some very mild dim ambient light on the edges of the playfield or reflecting off the wire forms but it quickly passes since the lights are constantly running patterns.

Definitely needs Pin Stadiums for sure more than ever. The UV+Glow on the shaker motor is miraculous. That is where most are installing these and I have to agree.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks!!
The factory side lights are decorative and do not have much of any effect on the playfield. The best way to explain it is they are like an equalizer effect but don’t provide playfield illumination.
On occasions you see some very mild dim ambient light on the edges of the playfield or reflecting off the wire forms but it quickly passes since the lights are constantly running patterns.
Definitely needs Pin Stadiums for sure more than ever. The UV+Glow on the shaker motor is miraculous. That is where most are installing these and I have to agree.

A few had questions about the fitment of the Neos on Stern Led Zeppelin. They left room for the Magna-Mounts at the top and it's a perfect fit!!

pinball_mods_led_zeppelin_pinball (resized).pngpinball_mods_led_zeppelin_pinball (resized).pngstern_led_zeppelin_pinball_mods (resized).pngstern_led_zeppelin_pinball_mods (resized).png
#6694 3 years ago

Love the new USB integrated cable system... Might need to upgrade a few. Can't say enough good things about you but this is number 8 and it really just makes the games pop no matter what decade. The new one for SS even gets the Bony Beast glowing all the way down.

20210129_185528-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20210129_185528-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20210129_185626-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20210129_185626-COLLAGE (resized).jpgPXL_20201129_002023090 (resized).jpgPXL_20201129_002023090 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_001920690 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_001920690 (resized).jpg
#6695 3 years ago

For the many of you that are installing the Neos in Led Zeppelin LE. I have received a lot of emails asking the best color settings for the Neo Pin Stadiums, so I’m going to post them up here.

I find that the Orange(heading towards Red) spectrum color band does amazing on this machine. I have the color setting in the app at 100% and run the white lights between 5-10%(to your liking). It sets the mood very nicely and gives superb visibility, makes the artwork pop while maintaining that concert feel. I also run a “Functions” color changing pattern that is very impressive using the app, but I want to fine-tune it more before I post it up here

Today was an extremely busy day the Pin Stadium for LZLE as collectors are starting to receive their machines and see the tremendous benefit to lighting up the playfield on this machine.

As a reminder to those that are considering the product for this new Stern Led Zeppelin machine.

To clarify any confusion:

The factory Stern lights that come on the side are decorative and running blinking patterns to the music. Do not expect playfield illumination(you’ll get some very faint hints of light that are dim as the patterns pass by but it’s hard to notice much) as this not the design of the factory lights.

Just have realistic expectations and understand the function/purpose of them so that you are not disappointed

With that said, if you have yet to receive your machine you will see what I mean. Any questions feel free to hit me up here or email.

It’s shoots great and I do suggest turning down the flipper coil power from the maced factory setting of 255 to 225. It will save you airball shots to the center ramp and rejects from it hitting the backboard.

Also keep an eye on your Electric Magic spinner. Mint spinner was put on backwards(upside down) which caused it to weight down the wrong way. As a result the ball was hitting it and bending it and it stopped spinning. I was able to pinch the spinner pull it out and flip it around and it works great now. Stickers are upside down though now but it works like a champ now.

The game looks beautiful though!!

Oh yes you will love the Pin Stadium UV+Glow triggered by the shaker motor. This compliments the game so well.

49A8A35C-7397-4FC4-96C6-8BA3420D0EBD (resized).jpeg49A8A35C-7397-4FC4-96C6-8BA3420D0EBD (resized).jpeg

#6696 3 years ago

Actually makes the game look good!!!

#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from BenniD:

Love the new USB integrated cable system... Might need to upgrade a few. Can't say enough good things about you but this is number 8 and it really just makes the games pop no matter what decade. The new one for SS even gets the Bony Beast glowing all the way down.

Glad you like the new Neo USB system and your keen to notice that. It’s going to offer some nice advantages for the product.

Man you have the perfect museum of Pin Stadiums displayed on your machines. Looks killer!!

As always, I appreciate you supporting the product. Always trying to improve things for you all (and me too).

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Glad you like the new Neo USB system and your keen to notice that. It’s going to offer some nice advantages for the product.
Man you have the perfect museum of Pin Stadiums displayed on your machines. Looks killer!!
As always, I appreciate you supporting the product. Always trying to improve things for you all (and me too).

I can already tell, install was a snap, not having to fight the attached weight of the wires alone and the connection alligator clips come undone when it gets caught on something... This is also by far my cleanest wire install cause of that change. It also sped up install but that just might be I'm a pro at installing them now. Thanks again, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from BenniD:

I can already tell, install was a snap, not having to fight the attached weight of the wires alone and the connection alligator clips come undone when it gets caught on something... This is also by far my cleanest wire install cause of that change. It also sped up install but that just might be I'm a pro at installing them now. Thanks again, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Well put!!! As many know, I like to integrate features and upgrades/improvements onto the product line whenever possible.

Now that you have officially organically acknowledged the benefits of the "Konekt" system on your own, then you have "unlocked" a well deserved explaination of this. So its time for me to officially unveil it here with some nice visuals to demonstrate how it works. Keep in mind that these are now shipping and have been for a little while. This is not an additional upgrade or charge, pricing is still the same as they will be included with each kit

I want to share this feature with the Pin Stadium community because the design of this I found it to work wonders for me personally It adds versatility along with even easier "Plug & Play" installation. This also helps to eliminate accidentally reversing the GI(Blue and White) and UV+Glow(Red and Green) cables. You know we have all made this harmless mistake at least once

No worries, the regular alligator clips(now in adapter form) and wire taps will still come standard so that you can be sure to cover all the bases and have what you need for any situation for ANY triggering point from the machine. The cables that come with your kit will have a female "Y" adapter end on them and that is where the "Quick Connect" game specific adapters will go.

What I am doing is including a game specific Konekt adapter for the pinball machine you select when purchasing them from the website. The adapter will be provided based upon the most popular recommendation for the trigger location and if the adapter is available in the "Konekt" line whenever possible I will throw it in for you no charge. So no worries about needing to request it, I will be your personal butler and make sure it's in there for you. So when you order for Jurassic Park or Led Zeppelin I will include a shaker motor "Y" adapter for the connections if that is the best current recommendation. No more wire taps on that. Woohoo!!!

Here is the new GI Module design and the "Konekt" system components/function. Clean, slick, slim, and easy!!:
pinball-mods-connectors_psl (resized).pngpinball-mods-connectors_psl (resized).png

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For the many of you that are installing the Neos in Led Zeppelin LE. I have received a lot of emails asking the best color settings for the Neo Pin Stadiums, so I’m going to post them up here.
I find that the Orange(heading towards Red) spectrum color band does amazing on this machine. I have the color setting in the app at 100% and run the white lights between 5-10%(to your liking). It sets the mood very nicely and gives superb visibility, makes the artwork pop while maintaining that concert feel. I also run a “Functions” color changing pattern that is very impressive using the app, but I want to fine-tune it more before I post it up here
Today was an extremely busy day the Pin Stadium for LZLE as collectors are starting to receive their machines and see the tremendous benefit to lighting up the playfield on this machine.
As a reminder to those that are considering the product for this new Stern Led Zeppelin machine.
To clarify any confusion:
The factory Stern lights that come on the side are decorative and running blinking patterns to the music. Do not expect playfield illumination(you’ll get some very faint hints of light that are dim as the patterns pass by but it’s hard to notice much) as this not the design of the factory lights.
Just have realistic expectations and understand the function/purpose of them so that you are not disappointed
With that said, if you have yet to receive your machine you will see what I mean. Any questions feel free to hit me up here or email.
It’s shoots great and I do suggest turning down the flipper coil power from the maced factory setting of 255 to 225. It will save you airball shots to the center ramp and rejects from it hitting the backboard.
Also keep an eye on your Electric Magic spinner. Mint spinner was put on backwards(upside down) which caused it to weight down the wrong way. As a result the ball was hitting it and bending it and it stopped spinning. I was able to pinch the spinner pull it out and flip it around and it works great now. Stickers are upside down though now but it works like a champ now.
The game looks beautiful though!!
Oh yes you will love the Pin Stadium UV+Glow triggered by the shaker motor. This compliments the game so well.
[quoted image]

Here is a pic of the Neos mounted above the side blinking Stern lights. So that you can see these clear with no problem and fit perfectly.

Also it demonstrates the function of the factory side lights so that you can see that they’re running patterns and there’s no way to properly illuminate the playfield the way that they are designed.

In addition to that when they are full on (for very brief moments through the game just for a few seconds at a time) they are not bright enough either since their design from the factory is to decorate the side wall of the cabinet and not for playfield GI illumination or playfield flasher effects .

This time the Neo Pin Stadiums have the white light on so you can see what this machine looks like with that setting mixed with the orange and pinks!

I will let you guess which one if Neos “On” and “Off”

Figured this would be a good picture (Neos on of course) to help explain to others what they will find once they get their machine.
0AA8B907-986A-4EE8-8824-3F7A7932A170 (resized).jpeg0AA8B907-986A-4EE8-8824-3F7A7932A170 (resized).jpegB7855717-51DB-4351-8F37-16D45E97DC18 (resized).jpegB7855717-51DB-4351-8F37-16D45E97DC18 (resized).jpegE8061FE3-1600-4728-AD9D-114E8322800C (resized).jpegE8061FE3-1600-4728-AD9D-114E8322800C (resized).jpeg

67EFA56E-5DC6-4A91-8CB1-225977D2AE28 (resized).jpeg67EFA56E-5DC6-4A91-8CB1-225977D2AE28 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/134?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.