(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,227 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8485 (resized).jpeg
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
IMG_0514 (resized).png
chicago-gaming-bally-williams-medieval-madness-remake-pinball-mods (resized).png
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
Image 5 (resized).jpeg
chicago-gaming-monster-bash-pinball-mods-williams-bally (resized).png
IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 165.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Install and Discussion of the Pin Stadium Light system
» YouTube video

Great coverage of the product and glad that SDTM is enjoying them!! You guys have an incredible show and it just keeps getting better and better.

***One important note in this video when you see the kit Zach has a universal 12v power adapter which is an exception for him because he plans on using this for streaming so that he can quickly put it in and out of the pinballs he is currently filming in his travels. When you order each kit comes with a game specific plug and play adapter that connects right to your pinball machine's PCB board. If you are familiar with the ColorDMD power connectors then these are the same style as their awesome kit. Thanks!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

SDTM coverage of Pin Stadiums:

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The draw is low only 1.35 amps (this is max with all the GI and every colored and white lighting turned on at 100% brightness which you will likely never be at so lower than that even.
As far as the connection:
You could do that too if you wanted. Each kit comes with a plug and play power adapter to the PCB board. The GI module and Flasher option needs to have a trigger though. You can choose where each of those go depending on your preference of what features you would like to trigger them which is really cool as their are endless possibilities. As a result the alligator clips and wire taps are supplied with the kit to give collectors the ability to install the Pin Stadium in a quick reliable non invasive manner to just about any location.
You can also always tap into the line, splice, solder, or use a connector if want to. On my games I use the clips and taps just because the ones provided in the kit I hand picked since they are premium quality ones. They have stood the test of time for me during gameplay. You just need to make sure you get a good pressure fit in the connector.
I can understand any of these other options though as it's all personal preference. I hope that helps.

ok cool. i still think it is in your best interest to not encourage the use of alligator clips. They could fall off and short. Even at 1 amp you are probably getting some voltage drop. Tarnish and corrosion could start then they could heat up... etc...

Gator clips = test probe, not permanent connection, but maybe im just being anal.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

ok cool. i still think it is in your best interest to not encourage the use of alligator clips. They could fall off and short. Even at 1 amp you are probably getting some voltage drop. Tarnish and corrosion could start then they could heat up... etc...
Gator clips = test probe, not permanent connection, but maybe im just being anal.

I don't think you're being anal at all. Definitely a concern of mine. When I get a set that will actually permanently stay in the game I plan to switch to more permanent connection solutions as well. Right now I'm switching these from game to game on a daily basis. Haha

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I do agree that it's best for everyone to choose what they feel most comfortable with for sure. Included in the packaging are several options, clips, taps, splicers etc and the PCB power is a plug and play power adapter direct to the board (ColorDMD style) for each specific machine. It is really a matter of the installers level of comfort and skill for sure.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The alligator clips are not for power, just trigger sense for the GI and Flasher integration so the power draw is probably (I didn't measure it) micro-amps through those. The power is tapped in with a system-specific (JJP, WPC, etc.) connection and is very solid (at least the ones I've seen). I do agree that alligator clips are not generally the best choice but if you want to be able to quickly move it around they do work and you can use zip ties to secure them.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

Just finished installing the kit on my TAF - UV glow and GI controlled. I was able to get rid of my previous 3 sets of playfield blocking spotlights which was a benefit I hadn't thought of.
I am pretty sure I will remove the purple led strips from the backlip and ball return trough as well after seeing it all together now.
Below are 3 photos : pinstadium strips ON, pinstadium off, and finally my old setup with spotlights. I am having fun playing with the color settings, so not even sure what I used for these pics.

That looks AWESOME! Any videos of it with the UV glow flasher? Not sure how that will look on TAF. It might be too much with the white flashers in the game already.

To Vdrums' point: I was thinking the same thing--this should reduce the need for glare-free glass, especially if you can just play in low light. Makes the purchase of the Pin Stadium kit a NO BRAINER!

#607 6 years ago

Scott, I've read every post in this long thread, and I have to say--WELL DONE! You've created an AWESOME product and you're adapting it due to customer demand! I'm definitely picking up a kit soon for my TAF.

My question: Several pages back, you reference a color changeable flasher as a future option. Any updates on this? TAF has pretty bright white flashers, so I'm not sure about colors other than white, to include the UV+Glow. I'll definitely be ordering it with the GI plug-in.

#608 6 years ago

I don't recall how the ordering went, but did I have to select a game or company when buying for the right connection? I was planning on Mustang at the time and now want to put it on Baywatch. Would I need another connector to order so I can swap?

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't recall how the ordering went, but did I have to select a game or company when buying for the right connection? I was planning on Mustang at the time and now want to put it on Baywatch. Would I need another connector to order so I can swap?

I would email scott and let him know.

#610 6 years ago

I have this kit in Rob Zombie and it looks great. The color options are cool too. My question / concern is with other games I might put it in. With the RGB + White lighting, the White is warm White. This worked fine for RZ because the prescribed color tone was Red. In *almost* all my other games where I've switched to LEDs, I slant toward cool/natural White and gone away from the warm.

I can get cool White from the RGB, but typically you would supplement using the additional white slider to wash out / brighten the game. If I want a game to have cool White lighting, can I get the kit with cool instead of warm White? Or am I missing something with configuring this?

For example, a game like Bride of Pinbot, I've gone totally cool white with a little blue in the GI. I don't want any warm in that. Similarly, I want to try this kit in Centaur. That Black & White playfield needs cool, not warm.

Thoughts?

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have this kit in Rob Zombie and it looks great. The color options are cool too. My question / concern is with other games I might put it in. With the RGB + White lighting, the White is warm White. This worked fine for RZ because the prescribed color tone was Red. In *almost* all my other games where I've switched to LEDs, I slant toward cool/natural White and gone away from the warm.
I can get cool White from the RGB, but typically you would supplement using the additional white slider to wash out / brighten the game. If I want a game to have cool White lighting, can I get the kit with cool instead of warm White? Or am I missing something with configuring this?
For example, a game like Bride of Pinbot, I've gone totally cool white with a little blue in the GI. I don't want any warm in that. Similarly, I want to try this kit in Centaur. That Black & White playfield needs cool, not warm.
Thoughts?

I get cool white from changing the color to all blue then set white brightness at 100%

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thoughts?

The white color of the LED's was chosen on the Pin Stadium kit so you can make it look like warm white and cool white. To get a cool white look, first dial in the color you want, then adjust the white light to where you want, then add some blue manually. You can dial up the blue (its in the Red, Green,Blue) micro manage section above the color wheel on the left. Cool white is made with blue spectrum of light so this will give you the cool white look. I do this on my machines like Iron Man for example, it doesn't look good with warm white so I dial up the blue. I hope that helps.

Added over 7 years ago: You can also make a sunlight white color by adjusting the color levels also, pretty much whatever you like you can do

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#613 6 years ago

Looks like chuckwurt was typing when I was, thanks Chuck. We are on the same page.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

That looks AWESOME! Any videos of it with the UV glow flasher? Not sure how that will look on TAF. It might be too much with the white flashers in the game already.

This is only video I have on my phone right now to upload - my son was playing so not much flasher activity after that spurt in the beginning. I have them hooked to the graveyard flasher for now. It think it may be a little much so I am going to try some other flashers to see if I can find one with less activity.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Scott, I've read every post in this long thread, and I have to say--WELL DONE! You've created an AWESOME product and you're adapting it due to customer demand! I'm definitely picking up a kit soon for my TAF.
My question: Several pages back, you reference a color changeable flasher as a future option. Any updates on this? TAF has pretty bright white flashers, so I'm not sure about colors other than white, to include the UV+Glow. I'll definitely be ordering it with the GI plug-in.

Thank you for the great feedback and comments. That's a of reading too

The color changing flashers are part of our future developent and are definitely something that may come available as things evolve and add even more feature option to the app too!! I have some more ideas and also am taking input from others equally the same.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes do need to specify as these are plug and play specific kits. Fortunately Mustang and Baywatch use the same adapter so you are good to go!

#617 6 years ago

I play lights out (Dark Room) a lot . I just watched your MB video light up playfield nicely . I have owned MB since 1998 . I feel that I could benefit from your lighting . Not sure about the MB flashing if that is an addition to your LED side strip it looks (awesome) but will it bother me during game play . Most likely not it is so cool , but would like to talk to you about it. My TZ is Dark just as your opening of TZ video. I could use that as well. I read first 3 pages of the thread about plugging into outlet in the pinball. Then I jumped to last page talking about tapping into the 12v on PCB . Clips so one and so forth .

Quoted from pinstadium:

I do agree that it's best for everyone to choose what they feel most comfortable with for sure. Included in the packaging are several options, clips, taps, splicers etc and the PCB power is a plug and play power adapter direct to the board (ColorDMD style) for each specific machine. It is really a matter of the installers level of comfort and skill for sure.

#618 6 years ago

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?

Thank you

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Went on the site for pinstadium. I'm trying to order a set for my WOZ RUBY RED. I see a few different color options. What is the best configuration for this game? Can anyone help before I place my order?
Thank you

I've only seen UV Glow in WOZ and it looks awesome.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you

Than you for your order and the UV+Glow is surely the way to go with WOZ (and most every game so far from what I have seen)

#621 6 years ago

I think this would go great in my TAF. It's my darkest machine by far.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you

I have the kit with UV Glow flasher and GI integration in my RR WOZ and posted a couple videos of it. It is really awesome and lights up the game tremendously but I will add these caveats (sorry if I'm repeating myself). Since WOZ does not have any "true" flashers your options for what triggers the flasher is extremely limited, as long as you're fine with that it looks awesome. The second is that the GI integration will turn the PS GI off during many modes, this may be seen (pun intended) as defeating the primary purpose of the kit - helping you see the ball better. It looks awesome and you can defeat the GI integration or have it turn on and off with the spots if you want so I'd still recommend getting that option but want to make sure you know what the behavior will be.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I play lights out (Dark Room) a lot . I just watched your MB video light up playfield nicely . I have owned MB since 1998 . I feel that I could benefit from your lighting . Not sure about the MB flashing if that is an addition to your LED side strip it looks (awesome) but will it bother me during game play . Most likely not it is so cool , but would like to talk to you about it. My TZ is Dark just as your opening of TZ video. I could use that as well. I read first 3 pages of the thread about plugging into outlet in the pinball. Then I jumped to last page talking about tapping into the 12v on PCB . Clips so one and so forth .

I looked at you website there is a contact section via e-mail. I would like to talk over the phone with you/person about your amazing product . I will send you a PM via pineside . I am old school conversing live would be great . Peace and Thanks , Rob Knapp

The UV+Glow is an option and it's really make a vivid impact on the game. You can connect it to a flasher that is not used as often but I can tell you the camera makes it look like too much but in person it's definitely an nice piece of eye candy that does not distract from the game but enhances it. Plus you can always disable it if you want too, but it's not likely you will however it is an option.

The 12v outlet option was an old original design that bhy thanks to input from the Pinsiders it is now is a quality plug and play power adapter to the pinball machine PCB that is specific to each machine. I hope that helps to answer your questions.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I think this would go great in my TAF. It's my darkest machine by far.

Yes TAF needs it so bad. Another customer posted this up and a recent video too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/11#post-3973042

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#625 6 years ago

Installed my Pinstadium lights in WoZ. Looks so awesome.

Made some extra cables with Molex connectors on them to get GI and Flasher connections from controller connected more securely.

Where is everyone attaching their GI to WoZ? Spotlight for Emerald City Castle in upper right doesn't go off during Lights Out MB. There doesn't seem to be many GI options on WoZ.

IMG_24801 (resized).JPGIMG_24801 (resized).JPG

IMG_34800 (resized).JPGIMG_34800 (resized).JPG

IMG_54825 (resized).JPGIMG_54825 (resized).JPG

IMG_64824 (resized).JPGIMG_64824 (resized).JPG

#626 6 years ago

I originally had it connected to the spots but I wanted more integration so at Pinstadium Scott's suggestion I connected the GI to the GI LED in the very upper right corner of the main playfield. That is where I had it connected when I shot the two videos I posted. For league or a tournament I think I'd probably connect it to the spotlight again so it stays on. The flasher I connected to the red witch flasher at the molex connector directly under the witch mechanism.

#627 6 years ago

Ya, I did the red witch flasher too. I think that's the best option.

I agree that the spot light would be better so they stadium lights aren't going on and off somewhat randomly.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Installed my Pinstadium lights in WoZ. Looks so awesome.
Made some extra cables with Molex connectors on them to get GI and Flasher connections from controller connected more securely.
Where is everyone attaching their GI to WoZ? Spotlight for Emerald City Castle in upper right doesn't go off during Lights Out MB. There doesn't seem to be many GI options on WoZ.

I have attached a picture of where to connect it to WOZ for the GI. It is on the bottom right of the playfield when it is raised "near the Emerald City" but not the spotlight. This will turn off during Lights Out and the other modes properly. And yes the witch RED led flasher is the best spot and really cool too! I hope this helps!

wozgi (resized).JPGwozgi (resized).JPG

#629 6 years ago

I just ordered a kit with the GI and UV+Glow options for my GB Premium. I watched the SDTM episode on it and that pushed me over the edge. Thank you Scott for the advice!

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes TAF needs it so bad. Another customer posted this up and a recent video too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/11#post-3973042
» YouTube video

Well, you sold me! I ordered today for TAF.

#631 6 years ago

Do you have another pcb option for Williams Indiana Jones that doesn’t use 12v? Im already running a color dmd and my new topper blows a fuse after an hour or two. Had to do an external power supply for it. Please let me know. Thanks.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Do you have another pcb option for Williams Indiana Jones that doesn’t use 12v? Im already running a color dmd and my new topper blows a fuse after an hour or two. Had to do an external power supply for it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sounds like maybe you have something going on. Maybe a slow blow is needed in that fuse slot. Regardless, you could order one with a 12v power supply and plug it into your other power strip, but I do recommend the PCB adapter if you can as they will turn on and off when you power up your game. That was a requested feature by Pinsiders and is a must in my opinion unless you are streaming and moving game to game.

#633 6 years ago

Here are some before and after of TWD Premium from the players perspective. Notice the middle of the playfield glare from the backbox lighting that almost disappears. This is that "invisiglass" look others have been referring to that makes your glass disappear when they come on. The glass was off on this picture as I was filming but it is the same effect with the glass because technically when you play a machine you get reflection off the playfield like in this picture and the glass, however the glass seems so much worse that you don't notice the playfield reflection.

The reason for the glares reducing or going away is that the playfield is brighter under the glass than the other light sources. It brings it alive and the other annoying visual disturbances go away. Also you won't need spotlights either and those tend to reflect back in your eyes off the DMD or backglass/translight.

Just wanted to show this and explain why Pin Stadium customers are experiencing this and commenting on what they are seeing.

#634 6 years ago

Got my Pinstadium for WOZ and was completely blown away. Pictures do not do this justice. Trust me you are going to want all of your pins to have this light kit. With the light full blast you you can see it streams out of the playfield into the room. In my collection all of my other pins look dull next to the one with the Pinstadium lights in it. When you turn your machine on the light coming out of your pinball from the Pinstadium is like the THX demo before a movie - it'll blow you away.

#635 6 years ago

My Batman 66 is Anxiously waiting in order line for this amazing upgrade....... Holly-Awesome, show me the light!!

#636 6 years ago

Here is a walk through and highlight of the Pin Stadium kit for Ghostbusters with the UV+ Glow option (the beautiful flashing you see) and the GI integration module option (this allows the pinball machine to gain control of the Pin Stadiums for a very robust light show).

This playfield really likes the UV+Glow, especially Slimer!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#637 6 years ago

Looks great but it looks like it has a blue/purple glow.
Is there a warm and cold white version ?.

#638 6 years ago

Man I hope my preorder ships soon. I'm tired of playing my TWD with my basement lights on.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Yes, the flasher option can be ordered in several colors including warm or cold white, blue, red, green, etc. but these will not have the UV component.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The Pin Stadium kit lets you adjust the GI to any color warm white, cool white, natural white by using the app. The purplish color you see is the UV+Glow flasher add-on option which is the most popular. I hope this helps!

#641 6 years ago

ZMeny KevInBuffalo

Okay here is a big announcement and you all are invited to compete too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-chicago-expo-2017-launch-2017

This will take place at our booth at Chicago Expo 2017 next week there we will have Buffalo Pinball (Nick and Kevin/crew) www.buffalopinball.com versus SDTM (Zach and Greg) https://www.facebook.com/sdtmpinball/ in a live web stream showdown!

Things are already getting HEATED up for this and you can be part of it as it's open to the public to come in and play against them.

Free "On Tap" are going to be 5 Pin Stadium machines loaded with all the features too (UV+Glow and GI Module).

AFM
MMR
WOZ
TWD Premium
GB Premium

The exact times and dates will be determined (posted here and on our FB page www.facebook.com/pinstadium it will be Friday and/or Saturday) and this event will be in between the Expo tournament events so that all can participate. I think a lot of smack talking is about to go down between these guys (all good fun of course). Who knows what will happen with these colorful characters though. Sort of like Marvel VS Capcom so watch out.....

Looking forward to seeing you all there at the Pin Stadium booth!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

brobattle (resized).pngbrobattle (resized).png

#643 6 years ago

Sounds like a blast! Hopefully Kev and Nick have a bad ham sammy during their flight over. We need as much handicap as we can get haha

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sounds like a blast! Hopefully Kev and Nick have a bad ham sammy during their flight over. We need as much handicap as we can get haha

KevInBuffalo ZMeny Zach you better get on that flight quick and get hired with that airline so that you can deliver the blow there ahead of time. There is blood in the waters now boys! I am just going to sit and watch the fight and lightshow

#645 6 years ago

Will there be any incentive to order a kit at Expo? Sorry if I missed this from a prior post.

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Will there be any incentive to order a kit at Expo? Sorry if I missed this from a prior post.

There is going to be a promo code at Expo that we will be giving out at the booth.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

There is going to be a promo code at Expo that we will be giving out at the booth.

Great. So it will be undisclosed until then?

Looking forward to seeing these kits in action on Friday.

#648 6 years ago

Yes we will be running a show special and announce it at the Expo

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

This is only video I have on my phone right now to upload - my son was playing so not much flasher activity after that spurt in the beginning. I have them hooked to the graveyard flasher for now. It think it may be a little much so I am going to try some other flashers to see if I can find one with less activity.
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video. I agree with your earlier post about removing the previously installed purple LED strips. Otherwise, looks fantastic! Still not sure about the UV-Glow. Agree it might be a little much. TAF is VERY flashy already (when it flashes). I'm not sure it needs any additional flashing at all, but maybe more subtle if anything.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

TAF is VERY flashy already (when it flashes). I'm not sure it needs any additional flashing at all.

I have five Pinstadium kits on order (and intend to order more as soon as I've received the first five) because the additional playfield lighting they provide is a huge improvement to just about any game. But I'm not that sold on the Pinstadium flasher option because I like the specific locations of the flashers in the games to stand out, instead of the Pinstadium flashers spreading the flashing over the entire playfield. The exception would be using the Pinstadium UV glow flashers on games where the playfield has items that may react very well to UV (such as Scared Stiff if your game has the glow-in-the-dark plastic pieces).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

There are 8,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.