(Topic ID: 186589)

***NEW*** PIN STADIUM Wifi Pinball Mods & Pinball LED Lights Announcement!!!

By pinstadium

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,223 posts
  • 696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you think of the new Invisi-Shields?”

• Great idea (want them) 25 votes
    25%
  • Love them(own them) 48 votes
    48%
  • Not sure 26 votes
    26%

(99 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3622 (resized).jpeg
xeno_product_picture (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts (resized).jpg
xeno_mounts_product_main_012 (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-the-hobbit-pinball-mods (resized).png
jersey-jack-pinball-wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-deadpool-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-star-wars-comic-edition-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern-godzilla-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-junkyard-pinball-mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern-game-of-thrones-pinball-mods (resized).png
bally-williams-chicago-gaming-attack-from-mars-pinball-mods (resized).png
IMG_5737 (resized).PNG
pinball-brothers_alien_pinball_mods (resized).png
stern_tmtn_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_pinball_mods (resized).png
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 165.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hah. Please add me to the list of “when’s my cool toy that I pre-ordered get here?”

I sent out an email to you just now also. Thanks!!

Scott

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

So we can estimate when to expect to receive our order. We know our # and we see that kits are going out. We just have no idea what # they are on. Assuming PS is shipping in order (good assumption?) those with pending orders can get a feel for how close they are to having their order ship.

That's not "cool". You know what's "cool"? Patience. You waited this long....it's coming with an email giving you all the info you need. Be patient. Be "cool".

#553 6 years ago

Any idea time on my order for batman forever and Woz with gi?

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Any idea time on my order for batman forever and Woz with gi?

Email sent to you also. Thanks!!

#555 6 years ago

Would this work for the new alien?

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would this work for the new alien?

Yes it is compatible with the Alien and Full Throttle machines by Heighway Pinball. Just be sure to specify this when placing your order. Alien really needs lighting bad and the Pin Stadium kit will bring it alive. It has a beautiful playfield, but it's hard to see the artwork due to the low lighting.

#557 6 years ago

Put my kit in firepower and then in LW3. Firepower looks good, LW3 looks better. Haha

7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg7DAAEF65-2682-410E-A2CE-568D65819E67 (resized).jpg

D2B132E8-9B0E-402E-AC60-49449B0F065B (resized).jpgD2B132E8-9B0E-402E-AC60-49449B0F065B (resized).jpg

#558 6 years ago

Who has some good photos on where/how to hook up the GI and Flasher connections on Woz?

#559 6 years ago

Wow. That's really something.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put my kit in firepower and then in LW3. Firepower looks good, LW3 looks better. Haha

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Who has some good photos on where/how to hook up the GI and Flasher connections on Woz?

I was just getting ready to reply to you on the forums. The lights do have to be connected to the positive and negative of a GI. On WOZ I found the best spot to by the GI light under the Emerald City castle. So if the playfield is raised then its the bottom right most just below the rollovers for Emerald City. You will need to put the wire tap connectors included in the kit in the positive and negative of that. I will copy this on the forums also to help others. Also, if your lights are not showing up I have found that if you turn off your phone's wifi and then back on they usually appear. If that does not work then you can do a factory reset on the Pin Stadiums by unplugging and plugging the orange connector in and out 4x time fast. Then on the 4th time leave it plugged in and you will see the lights flash 4-5 times which indicates they are reset. You should then be able to connect to them directly again.

Attached are pics of where I tapped the Witches red led flashers too.

As for the flashers, the best spot is the witch red led flasher. Attached is a pic of where to tap those. You can also connect to the white LED of the which if you want more of a subtle glowing effect. I personally like the intense flash of the red LED one though. With the UV+Glow being triggered by the red led, it's quite the show! The JJP manual is very helpful to show you where to connect and what colors:

http://159.203.76.48/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf

As far as the Wifi, if for some reason it does not show you Wifi, make sure you are close to your router. In some cases I have seen were you may need to manually enter the Wifi network name and security code to get around this. That's a bug that I am currently working on diagnosing as it appears to happen in some instances but not always. Here is the FAQs section for the app: http://pinstadium.com/pinstadium_app/

I put up some videos to help explain things in the FAQs to help walk everyone through.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further help.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

woz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup2 (resized).jpg
woz_witchhookup (resized).jpgwoz_witchhookup (resized).jpg

#561 6 years ago

I played an Indiana Jones tonight for the first time and could barely see the playfield. All I could think about was how much this game needed a pinstadium.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I played an Indiana Jones tonight for the first time and could barely see the playfield. All I could think about was how much this game needed a pinstadium.

Yes that game would really benefit from the Pin Stadiums for sure. Several customers have ordered already for that machine. It's widebody and amount of object/toys tends to make it really dark.

#563 6 years ago

Just put a set on my Ghostbusters Pro. I thought this game was pretty well lit from the factory, but the Pin Stadium lights really look good on here. Sorry my camera lens was a little cloudy. I will try to get a video in the next couple days as the flashers are awesome on this one.Ghostbusters lights off (resized).jpgGhostbusters lights off (resized).jpgLights off Ghostbusters lights on green 100, white 35 (resized).jpgGhostbusters lights on green 100, white 35 (resized).jpgLights on, green 100%, white 35%Ghostbusters lights on purple 100, white 35 (resized).jpgGhostbusters lights on purple 100, white 35 (resized).jpgLights on purple 100%, white 35%

#564 6 years ago

How many amps does this pull? Looking at adding this to pinball magic capcom. Buying a power tap for topper and adding this pin stadium lighting.

#565 6 years ago

Anyone try this on a Scared Stiff?

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How many amps does this pull? Looking at adding this to pinball magic capcom. Buying a power tap for topper and adding this pin stadium lighting.

It's low, max draw with all colors and white turned on 100% is only 1.35 amps(you probably will never run it this high or have all of them on but I wanted to max it for you).

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anyone try this on a Scared Stiff?

Yes, I had it on my personal Scared Stiff machine and it worked wonders.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I've been thinking about testing my kit in the PM I just picked up, have to look into the power tap options. The other concern is with GI integration, I'm sure you know but PM (kinda like WOZ) doesn't have traditional GI - it's included in a lot of the effects so I'd have to see how that works with my kit. The worst that would happen though is I'd just have to find a way to leave them on all the time the game is on. If that's the case a kit without the GI option would make sense. Also have to think about what flasher would make the most sense, probably the one on the pop bumper.

#570 6 years ago

Just got the email - looking forward to getting this installed on my RRWOZ
Thanks Scott

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've been thinking about testing my kit in the PM I just picked up, have to look into the power tap options. The other concern is with GI integration, I'm sure you know but PM (kinda like WOZ) doesn't have traditional GI - it's included in a lot of the effects so I'd have to see how that works with my kit. The worst that would happen though is I'd just have to find a way to leave them on all the time the game is on. If that's the case a kit without the GI option would make sense. Also have to think about what flasher would make the most sense, probably the one on the pop bumper.

It's all up to personal preference and the best thing to do is just get it with the GI because you can always disable that option if you didn't want it to sync with the machine, but it seems most do like that feature and it's just a matter of just finding the right bulbs to trigger it. WOZ is just makes use the GI a lot and I found the best is the Emerald City GI. That one makes the most sense and seems to do really well in most cases. It's fun because you can move it around and experiment to what is best for you just like bobukcat !!

#572 6 years ago

The playfield is Scared Stiff is insane with the UV+Glow flasher. It's all the dark colors mixed with the white and black that looks extremely eye catching in that light.

#573 6 years ago

Sounds great. I'll know by this weekend if i get my new machine....

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from cs3030:

Just put a set on my Ghostbusters Pro. I thought this game was pretty well lit from the factory, but the Pin Stadium lights really look good on here. Sorry my camera lens was a little cloudy. I will try to get a video in the next couple days as the flashers are awesome on this one.Lights off Lights on, green 100%, white 35%Lights on purple 100%, white 35%

Thanks for posting this up and great tips on the color options. I am glad you are super happy with the results. Your game looks great! I have attached a before and after of my GB also here.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The playfield is Scared Stiff is insane with the UV+Glow flasher. It's all the dark colors mixed with the white and black that looks extremely eye catching in that light.

Do you have any pix?

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do you have any pix?

You realize taking pictures of light is a crapshoot right? It'll be brighter. Like all the other examples.

#577 6 years ago

Some of the games "lit up" look better than others....

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Some of the games "lit up" look better than others....

epthegeek is right, the cameras never do pics of pinballs justice because the aperture in them always tries to adjust and it's random. I take the before and afters for the Pin Stadium website gallery with an older iPhone as it more accurately depicts what you will really see in person.

Put it this way, each Pin Stadium kit is purposely over engineered (in a good way) more than you will ever need even in a well lit room with sunlight and overhead lights. You can dial them from 0-100% brightness just to your liking for the white portion of the lights. These are what really provide the illumination. Then you can also independently control the colored LED lights and those are what makes for the color casting on the playfield. They can be any color and any brightness so the possibilities are endless. Combine those two together and you will find the exact recipe to your preference.

We will be launching at Chicago Expo this year and there will be many pinball machines on display to see in person, including Trent's machines from Tilt Amusements. You will be a happy camper with them for sure. I'm excited to have them on display for all to see.

Scott

#579 6 years ago

Here is a Twilight Zone after getting a the Pin Stadium kit installed during a QC test prior to shipping out to a customer (video and pics). A total of 9 LED spotlight bulbs were removed after the install (they were not sufficient prior) and then after the install they had no effect on the playfield whatsoever. You will see them in many sections of the playfield but the most noticeable are the ones on the left and right slings when the camera goes in for a zoom at the beginning. It's nice to be able to remove these as they can get in the way visually and they lose bulbs (especially on new machines):

twilightzone_tz_pinball_led (resized).pngtwilightzone_tz_pinball_led (resized).png

#580 6 years ago

I have a decent collection of my favorite B/W games that I was fine with until I purchased Stern Mustang premium and the LEDs in the newer Stern game made the incandescent bulbs in the B/W games look dingy. So I changed my other games over to LEDs (with Herg's LED-OCD boards where needed) except for SW:E1 because Herg doesn't make an OCD board for P2K yet (and SW:E1 is so flicker prone that it can't go LED without LED-OCD).

Now I have five Pinstadium kits on order for a row of five of my B/W games and I'm afraid that after I install them it will again make such a difference that I'll have to add Pinstadium lights to every other game in the room. But I won't add them to P2K games because they would wash out the reflected TV image. And I'm not sure about adding them to BBB because of the black light modes (maybe somehow hook it up so the Pinstadium lights go off when the black light goes on?)

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

maybe somehow hook it up so the Pinstadium lights go off when the black light goes on?)

Are there lights in the game that go off when this black light mode starts? You can hook the GI piece into that bulb and you should be good.

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have a decent collection of my favorite B/W games that I was fine with until I purchased Stern Mustang premium and the LEDs in the newer Stern game made the incandescent bulbs in the B/W games look dingy. So I changed my other games over to LEDs (with Herg's LED-OCD boards where needed) except for SW:E1 because Herg doesn't make an OCD board for P2K yet (and SW:E1 is so flicker prone that it can't go LED without LED-OCD).
Now I have five Pinstadium kits on order for a row of five of my B/W games and I'm afraid that after I install them it will again make such a difference that I'll have to add Pinstadium lights to every other game in the room. But I won't add them to P2K games because they would wash out the reflected TV image. And I'm not sure about adding them to BBB because of the black light modes (maybe somehow hook it up so the Pinstadium lights go off when the black light goes on?)

On the P2K games it will still work very well to illuminate but you will want to run the white lights at a lower level of brightness so that it balances with the hologram reflection effect. That will work for you for sure and you can dial it in to your preference.

Regarding BBB with the GI option module for the Pin Stadiums you can just trigger them off with the GI that goes off, it will work perfect for you as that is what it was designed for. This is potentially a very interesting opportunity to hook up the UV+Glow to the trigger that turns the black lights on. You just need to find the switch trigger "+" and "-" (anythjng between a 4v-16v works great) and that would be really awesome! I hope this helps!

#583 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the first Pin Stadium on the Alien machine. It truly revealed this beautiful playfield and look how the Magna-Mounts work for on the Heighway design! Here are several before and after pics sed6 take a look!

#584 6 years ago

Check out my stream from tonight on SDTMpinball to see the benefits of pinstadium for all you streamers out there.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177995807

#585 6 years ago

Unbelievable

Shadow Stadium (resized).jpgShadow Stadium (resized).jpg

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out my stream from tonight on SDTMpinball to see the benefits of pinstadium for all you streamers out there.

That's is a superb example of you putting them to good use. Thank you for posting that up and doing the Off/On before and after live! I'm glad to see that they are helping you guys with the web streaming. It takes me back to the early developent days of the Pin Stadiums when I watched this Keith Elwin video with his ColorDMD and I knew there had to be a better way! This video was my motivation. Check this out compared to yours:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Unbelievable

Now that really takes that game out of the Shadows!! Nice !!!

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Unbelievable

I'm still waiting on mine but it's going into Shadow!

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

I'm still waiting on mine but it's going into Shadow!

Yes and you have ordered the UV+Glow flasher option on The Shadow too, that will look super nice. ZMeny has that on his also and it does wonders on that playfield. Thank you for your order and I will email you when yours is ready to ship along with tracking too.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

chuckwurt DeadFlip ZMeny KevInBuffalo Here are a list of benefits I put together for the guys that are going to be streaming with these:

1. No more hauling heavy and awkward lighting equipment around. You can easily swap this in and out of games on the fly

2. You can keep the glass on if you like and reduce the pinball mechanical noise in the mic so that they can hear you or the pinball sounds and call outs better. Plus all that noise can be distracting for the player when the glass is off.

3. Provide viewers with full visibility of the playfield while doing the same for you which will make for better play for each game since you can't lose visual tracking of the ball

4. Less playfield and/or glass glare, reflections

5. With the GI module you have the option to keep the lights on at all time or sync with the GI (have the turn/fade off and on with the machine). Keeping the lights on during filming will make for a better viewer experience as effects on the camera can be intense and distracting at times while the camera's aperture tries to adjust. When trying to demonstrate features and rules when streaming and for players in the PAPA and other tournaments who are going for points and not the cinematic theatrical effects you may want them always on.

I am sure there are more but that is what just came to me so far. I don't complete and play for fun so I really love the GI module integration feature, but it's nice to know I can do either.

#591 6 years ago

Love the magna mounts on the Heighway Pinball machine! This should be how they come from the factory.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Love the magna mounts on the Heighway Pinball machine! This should be how they come from the factory.

It is as if Heighway designed their glass to work exclusively with Pin Stadium's mounting system. A match made in heaven for sure! However it was the other way around. Regardless it was super cool to see this and how dramatic the results were on Alien.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I was just getting ready to reply to you on the forums. The lights do have to be connected to the positive and negative of a GI. On WOZ I found the best spot to by the GI light under the Emerald City castle. So if the playfield is raised then its the bottom right most just below the rollovers for Emerald City. You will need to put the wire tap connectors included in the kit in the positive and negative of that. I will copy this on the forums also to help others. Also, if your lights are not showing up I have found that if you turn off your phone's wifi and then back on they usually appear. If that does not work then you can do a factory reset on the Pin Stadiums by unplugging and plugging the orange connector in and out 4x time fast. Then on the 4th time leave it plugged in and you will see the lights flash 4-5 times which indicates they are reset. You should then be able to connect to them directly again.
Attached are pics of where I tapped the Witches red led flashers too.
As for the flashers, the best spot is the witch red led flasher. Attached is a pic of where to tap those. You can also connect to the white LED of the which if you want more of a subtle glowing effect. I personally like the intense flash of the red LED one though. With the UV+Glow being triggered by the red led, it's quite the show! The JJP manual is very helpful to show you where to connect and what colors:
http://159.203.76.48/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf
As far as the Wifi, if for some reason it does not show you Wifi, make sure you are close to your router. In some cases I have seen were you may need to manually enter the Wifi network name and security code to get around this. That's a bug that I am currently working on diagnosing as it appears to happen in some instances but not always. Here is the FAQs section for the app: http://pinstadium.com/pinstadium_app/
I put up some videos to help explain things in the FAQs to help walk everyone through.
Let me know how it goes and if you need further help.
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

What happens when those two alligator clips flapping in the breeze touch each other?

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

What happens when those two alligator clips flapping in the breeze touch each other?

Yeah I would probably clip those the other way so that you can get the insulation over the connection.

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here are some pics of the first Pin Stadium on the Alien machine. It truly revealed this beautiful playfield and look how the Magna-Mounts work for on the Heighway design! Here are several before and after pics sed6 take a look!

Looks awesome!

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The ones provided are extended insulated ones so that you can just slide them over the tips so it is not an issue.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Looks awesome!

I figured you would appreciate that. By the way I emailed you, check for that when you get a chance. Thanks.

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The ones provided are extended insulated ones so that you can just slide them over the tips so it is not an issue.

I don't like the idea of gator clips as a means of a permanent electrical connection. Is there a way to use an inline connector instead?

How much current does the pinstadium lighting use?

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I don't like the idea of gator clips as a means of a permanent electrical connection. Is there a way to use an inline connector instead?
How much current does the pinstadium lighting use?

The draw is low only 1.35 amps (this is max with all the GI and every colored and white lighting turned on at 100% brightness which you will likely never be at so lower than that even.

As far as the connection:

You could do that too if you wanted. Each kit comes with a plug and play power adapter to the PCB board. The GI module and Flasher option needs to have a trigger though. You can choose where each of those go depending on your preference of what features you would like to trigger them which is really cool as their are endless possibilities. As a result the alligator clips and wire taps are supplied with the kit to give collectors the ability to install the Pin Stadium in a quick reliable non invasive manner to just about any location.

You can also always tap into the line, splice, solder, or use a connector if want to. On my games I use the clips and taps just because the ones provided in the kit I hand picked since they are premium quality ones. They have stood the test of time for me during gameplay. You just need to make sure you get a good pressure fit in the connector.

I can understand any of these other options though as it's all personal preference. I hope that helps.

#600 6 years ago

SDTM Install and Discussion of the Pin Stadium Light system

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,223 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/12?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.